PDA

View Full Version : It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Tito_Villa
05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Congrats Lenny!

DanHocker
05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
:excited::dance::excited::dance::excited::dance::e xcited::dance::excited:

WOOHOO I GOT MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO GO ALONG WITH MY EMPTY BANK ACCOUNT.
My very first signed/limited edition Stephen King book will be my favorite Stephen King book.

Thank you Brian and Dan and Mindy and Kate for working on getting this straightened out since yesterday.

WOOHOO!!!!

No problem Lenny! It's really all been one big mess (thanks hosting company.....).

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 10:12 AM
:excited::dance::excited::dance::excited::dance::e xcited::dance::excited:

WOOHOO I GOT MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO GO ALONG WITH MY EMPTY BANK ACCOUNT.
My very first signed/limited edition Stephen King book will be my favorite Stephen King book.

Thank you Brian and Dan and Mindy and Kate for working on getting this straightened out since yesterday.

WOOHOO!!!!

That's great to hear! Congratulations!

Cloysterpete
05-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Why don't they sell these as a lottery?, save all the server issues and disgruntled folk who couldn't order because the server was down. Why don't you take orders for a couple of days or whatever, then if there's a thousand names down for the S/L then 800 are picked out of the computer and allocated a copy. Obviously keep fifty or whatever back for long term customers who don't deserve to miss out but overall I think it would be a fairer system then a mad dash first come first served.

After all it's not like the people who can't order on the first day deserve the book any less, maybe they couldn't order in time because of the server issues, or maybe they didn't end up getting the newsletter in time etc, load of possibilities. Has any publisher done this or are they all down to a stampede from the moment the book is announced?.

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 10:22 AM
So Brian or Dan, how was the decision made to use three different artists for the project?

frik
05-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I prefer the 1986 cover artwork :unsure:

I never cared for the US artwork.
The UK edition is much nicer imo - one of my top-3 favorites ever.
Maybe even my #1.

sk

http://www.timallenbooks.co.uk/images/books/jsw_kingit.jpg

LostAlivE
05-24-2011, 10:49 AM
So Brian or Dan, how was the decision made to use three different artists for the project?

Yeah Brian this is a good question.

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2011, 10:57 AM

We knew we wanted Glen Orbik from the beginning because he was so great to work with for Blockade Billy. We also wanted a lot of illustrations for the interior, but Glen's schedule was much too packed to do more than the cover. Our next two choices for the interior also had some serious time restrictions due to their busy schedules. We like working with both Erin and Alan a lot, and we knew they could do a great job, so we split the workload between them. They've known each other for a long time and were able to discuss certain decisions -- how does this character look, etc -- and coordinate any elements that might overlap between the color and the B&W. The work is really seamless, so it was a treat to watch it come together...

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Lenny
05-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Brian can you tell us how all of this came about? Did you approach King or did he come to you? How long has then been in the works, etc. etc.
I think we would all like to here the story behind this amazing annoucement.

thegreattim
05-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Brian,

Can you tell us how many color plates were done for the book? Do you have a specific number for the split between the color and pencil pieces?

Sir_Boomme
05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
more CANIGLIA please.... :)

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Brian can you tell us how all of this came about? Did you approach King or did he come to you? How long has then been in the works, etc. etc.

IT has always been Richard's favorite book, and the personal significance to him came up in conversation late last year... along with the realization that this year would mark 25 years since IT was first published. Some ideas were kicked around and the project came together very naturally... and, luckily, very quickly because there wasn't much time for production! We've been burning the midnight oil ever since to make sure we could publish IT this year while not letting up on the other books we're publishing this year. :)

Brian

carlosdetweiller
05-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I like the UK artwork too. King, however, is on record as hating it.

Tito_Villa
05-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Was it your birthday yesterday too Mr Freeman???? A belated happy birthday to you

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-24-2011, 11:38 AM

So much so, that he inscribed his copy to Kirby McCauley, "For Kirby, I hate the cover but I love you" 8/20/86

Merlin1958
05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
I prefer the 1986 cover artwork :unsure:

I never cared for the US artwork.
The UK edition is much nicer imo - one of my top-3 favorites ever.
Maybe even my #1.

sk

http://www.timallenbooks.co.uk/images/books/jsw_kingit.jpg

I agree. I, too, much prefer my UK first of "IT" over my US because of the cover art

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Brian,

Can you tell us how many color plates were done for the book? Do you have a specific number for the split between the color and pencil pieces?

Yep. 6 color plates, each signature sheet has its own color artwork, and there are 23 B&W pieces.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Was it your birthday yesterday too Mr Freeman???? A belated happy birthday to you

Ha, yes it was... and what a long, crazy day it was! :)

Brian

Merlin1958
05-24-2011, 11:47 AM

Brian

Hopefully, Mr. Chizmar bought you a beer at least!!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!

thegreattim
05-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Brian,

Yep. 6 color plates, each signature sheet has its own color artwork, and there are 23 B&W pieces.

Brian

Nice! Very cool. And Happy belated birthday!!

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 11:51 AM

Brian

Wow, what a way to spend it. Well, happy birthday anyways :)

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
more CANIGLIA please.... :)

Caniglia would have been a good choice. I also would love to have seen what J.K. Potter would have done with this project.

killbourne
05-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Brian, Happy day late Birthday. Congrats on putting together such a milestone edition of a wonderful book. I have to say that this last year or so..that Cemetary Dance's actions have spoken louder than words...and that is awesome. Appreciate all the responses in the past, and keep up the GREAT WORK.

super sam
05-24-2011, 11:56 AM
The S/L is now sold out!

NeedfulKings
05-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Something brought me in here midway through my Maui vacation and I'm glad I came in! I got my S/L ordered last night and confirmation email. Whew!!!! Aloha! :)

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 11:59 AM
The Limited is no longer listed on the site. There's now a message stating:

"IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR COLLECTORS

The Deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced and the Deluxe Limited Edition sold out within 30 hours of being announced. You can join the Waiting List for the Limited Edition if you want to be notified if copies become available due to cancellations or non-payment."

Looks like they're all gone. Congratulations to Cemetery Dance on the quick sell-through!

jhanic
05-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Happy belated birthday, Brian. May you have many, many more!

John

Tito_Villa
05-24-2011, 12:05 PM

So much so, that he inscribed his copy to Kirby McCauley, "For Kirby, I hate the cover but I love you" 8/20/86

Haha i never knew that ... i too love the UK cover, i have a later printing of it sat on its own to show it off

frik
05-24-2011, 12:06 PM

Brian

and many more from the Netherlands as well!

sk

biomieg
05-24-2011, 12:11 PM
and many more from the Netherlands as well!

sk

+1.

Ric
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Congrats on the limited sellout! Oh yeah, Happy Belated Birthday too!

mae
05-24-2011, 12:26 PM

I agree with Mr. King here. The font for the author's name is bad, and that bad illustration! The US cover is simple and striking. One of my favorites.

Resident Chris
05-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Gonna take a Gift Edition. A SL is out of my price range.
I hope the Case is red. Then it would match the Edition Phantasia "Es"!!!

Justin Case
05-24-2011, 12:55 PM
This is my favorite copy of IT. However the new limited comes a close second!

http://www.bevvincent.com/images/it.jpg

OMG....that is friggin gorgeous! One of a kind I suppose? Very, very nice:drool:

Justin Case
05-24-2011, 01:00 PM
I never even ordered because i assumed that it sold out .... perhaps i will pick one up on the secondary market

I'm looking toward the secondary market myself but sadly I knew it wasn't sold out yet when I decided I couldn't quite afford it today.... I had to go through the waiting "until it sold out" period trying to figure out if maybe I could afford it.... or maybe my wife..., etc.. agony. Alas I'll be quite happy with the Gift edition at least :unsure:

Bev Vincent
05-24-2011, 01:02 PM
OMG....that is friggin gorgeous! One of a kind I suppose? Very, very nice:drool:

As far as I know. I've never seen another one like it. Real leather.

Justin Case
05-24-2011, 01:04 PM

IT has always been Richard's favorite book, and the personal significance to him came up in conversation late last year... along with the realization that this year would mark 25 years since IT was first published. Some ideas were kicked around and the project came together very naturally... and, luckily, very quickly because there wasn't much time for production! We've been burning the midnight oil ever since to make sure we could publish IT this year while not letting up on the other books we're publishing this year. :)

Brian

SWEET and Thank you!

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm kind of funny in the respect that I don't even want to see a book's cover before I buy it. I like to be surprised when I get it in the mail and open the package, so I really don't care what the artwork looks like and scrupulously (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly) avoid looking at any posts of artwork in books I have not yet received; FDNS for example will not be looked at until I read the book some months from now.
I'm the same way on movies; hate watching the trailers until AFTER seeing the movie, and I avoid at all costs reviews, excerpts or anything of the sort on books or movies I have not yet read or seen yet.
I usually like all the book covers anyway, and don't really hate any of them. Whatever the publisher decides to put on the dust jacket is always fine by me.

George at C-Springs
05-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I had to go through the waiting "until it sold out" period trying to figure out if maybe I could afford it.... or maybe my wife..., etc.. agony.

Oh yeah ... my wife ... hmmmmm ................

Tito_Villa
05-24-2011, 01:09 PM
My girlfriend doesn't know :0 and i hope it will stay that way until it mysteriously appears on my bookshelf :evil:

thegreattim
05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
While I'll love anything they go with (my first King limited afterall!), if I had my choice, I'd take the author name lettering of the limited and pair it with the title lettering of the gift and like others have mentioned, move the 25th anniv thing to the spine.

As for the lettered artwork, in my opinion (not that it matters in the slightest, haha), I too think it should just showcase the art. At the very least, get rid of the orange title lettering. IMO, that's the worst of the three.

Jimimck
05-24-2011, 01:14 PM
My wife played a big part in me deciding on the Gift edition.
But the more I think about it (IT), that is going to be just amazing and I have no regrets! I love my unsigned Salem's Lot, and expect IT to be just as cool...

biomieg
05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Tim, for some reason I thought you already had a King S/L. Congratulations with your first one!

thegreattim
05-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks Michaël! I have a few gift editions and if Monday had been the limited announcement of King's JFK novel, as I was sure it would have been, then that's all I'd still have. But who could pass up a signed IT? Not this guy, with an employer-paid tuition-reimbursement check burning a mighty hole in his bank account!

pixiedark76
05-24-2011, 01:51 PM
I never even ordered because i assumed that it sold out .... perhaps i will pick one up on the secondary market

I'm looking toward the secondary market myself but sadly I knew it wasn't sold out yet when I decided I couldn't quite afford it today.... I had to go through the waiting "until it sold out" period trying to figure out if maybe I could afford it.... or maybe my wife..., etc.. agony. Alas I'll be quite happy with the Gift edition at least :unsure:

I had to go through the waiting "until it sold out" period trying to figure out if maybe I could afford it.... or maybe my wife..., etc.. agony.

Oh yeah ... my wife ... hmmmmm ................

My girlfriend doesn't know :0 and i hope it will stay that way until it mysteriously appears on my bookshelf :evil:

My husband will be pissed when he finds out I spent $125 on another book! (I promised him I would quit, but I just can't!)

George at C-Springs
05-24-2011, 01:54 PM
That's okay Pixie ... we can hook up after the divorces are final. At least we'll know where the money is going!

Jimimck
05-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Some people marry for money, but imagine marrying in to a kick arse King collection....

Patrick
05-24-2011, 01:59 PM
As someone mentioned in the other thread, it might have been nice to have one edition (probably the lettered edition) to have just the artwork on the dj with no lettering at all. I think I would have liked that very much.

That was me. I think the lettered edition should showcase the cover art. They did that for FDNS and i thought it worked really well. It's not like anyone who is forking over $2k for a book doesn't know what they're buying! :)
I like this idea a lot.

Justin Case
05-24-2011, 02:23 PM
My wife played a big part in me deciding on the Gift edition.
But the more I think about it (IT), that is going to be just amazing and I have no regrets! I love my unsigned Salem's Lot, and expect IT to be just as cool...

Totally agree - I love my gift editions and am super blessed to have them at least (and have my wife's blessings on those, lol). I tend to still spend plenty on other limiteds, etc.. (according to her - to me it is never enough!):unsure:

I'm dying to read the new afterword by SK :excited:

DanHocker
05-24-2011, 02:26 PM
No, the point of proofs is to have copies of the book to proof in final format before printing the final version. Advanced readers copies are done to promote sales.

For us they're practically the same, as we usually only produce one or the other, and it's almost always produced at the same stage of production. No idea if we're doing them or not for this one though, that'd be a Brian or Rich question.

DanHocker
05-24-2011, 02:32 PM
I actually prefer the IT lettering from the first dustjacket. I like the color, the way the mud is splashed across the letters, and the way that they appear to be emerging from the fog.

I sort of agree, but the lettered 'IT' seems to fit the best in terms of the color scheme of the DJ art. Also, the gift 'IT' lettering is a tad too massive for my taste.

Personally i do prefer the letterd's cover and like the limited's least!

As someone mentioned in the other thread, it might have been nice to have one edition (probably the lettered edition) to have just the artwork on the dj with no lettering at all. I think I would have liked that very much.

I'm not sure Brian has realized this thread exists yet, but I will address some of the cover stuff you guys where talking about earlier. We presented many cover options to King who picked out the design for the Gift, which I'm glad he picked the one he did as it was my personal favorite. We also wanted all 3 editions to have different DJ's not only to make it easier to tell them apart but to make them a little more unique. So we basically voted and chose the 2 we liked the best out of the remaining refined cover designs. We decided not to go with a "Artwork Only" DJ like we did with the Full Dark lettered, mostly because we didn't want it to feel the same as what we did for Full Dark.

Fsmdr
05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I actually prefer the IT lettering from the first dustjacket. I like the color, the way the mud is splashed across the letters, and the way that they appear to be emerging from the fog.

I sort of agree, but the lettered 'IT' seems to fit the best in terms of the color scheme of the DJ art. Also, the gift 'IT' lettering is a tad too massive for my taste.

I'm not sure Brian has realized this thread exists yet, but I will address some of the cover stuff you guys where talking about earlier. We presented many cover options to King who picked out the design for the Gift, which I'm glad he picked the one he did as it was my personal favorite. We also wanted all 3 editions to have different DJ's not only to make it easier to tell them apart but to make them a little more unique. So we basically voted and chose the 2 we liked the best out of the remaining refined cover designs. We decided not to go with a "Artwork Only" DJ like we did with the Full Dark lettered, mostly because we didn't want it to feel the same as what we did for Full Dark.

I agree with everyone here. I feel that the lettered edition should be more substantially different. Changing fonts and other smaller adjustment doesn't seem to make much of a impact from one DJ to the other. I really liked that Buick 8 Lettered DJ was completely different than the other editions. Just my opinion.

Patrick
05-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone,

There were eleven pages of discussion on the topic of this exciting announcement over in the Cemetery Dance thread. I moved those posts over to this dedicated thread so all the discussion will be in one place for easy reference.

Thanks.
- Patrick

Merlin1958
05-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi everyone,

There were eleven pages of discussion on the topic of this exciting announcement over in the Cemetery Dance thread. I moved those posts over to this dedicated thread so all the discussion will be in one place for easy reference.

Thanks.
- Patrick

Glad to see you got the 'ol OCD under control!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randall Flagg
05-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks Patrick.

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2011, 03:30 PM
We decided not to go with a "Artwork Only" DJ like we did with the Full Dark lettered, mostly because we didn't want it to feel the same as what we did for Full Dark.

I was vetoed on this one -- I was the one who wanted to go artwork only again -- so I'll make up for it by using such an incredible combination of binding materials that you may not WANT the book to have a DJ. :)

Brian

Merlin1958
05-24-2011, 03:32 PM
We decided not to go with a "Artwork Only" DJ like we did with the Full Dark lettered, mostly because we didn't want it to feel the same as what we did for Full Dark.

I was vetoed on this one -- I was the one who wanted to go artwork only again -- so I'll make up for it by using such an incredible combination of binding materials that you may not WANT the book to have a DJ. :)

Brian

Well Spoken, Good sir!!!!!!! I like your style!!!!!!

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 03:38 PM

See, Stephen King and I prefer the same one ;) Actually, he probably like it because it's similar to the the way IT lettering appeared on the dustjacket of the original trade edition.

Patrick
05-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
- Patrick

Glad to see you got the 'ol OCD under control!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Busy at work = Appearance of control. Hmmm...

Truth is I would have done it yesterday but I was only on the board for all of about five minutes. :P

Thanks Patrick.
:)

Merlin1958
05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I was just fooling with ya................................

LOL

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
No, the point of proofs is to have copies of the book to proof in final format before printing the final version. Advanced readers copies are done to promote sales.

For us they're practically the same, as we usually only produce one or the other, and it's almost always produced at the same stage of production. No idea if we're doing them or not for this one though, that'd be a Brian or Rich question.

We've only created printed AND bound proofs for proofreading for a couple of projects over the years... normally the proofs for proofreading are loose pages.

Brian

Patrick
05-24-2011, 03:56 PM

We've only created printed AND bound proofs for proofreading for a couple of projects over the years... normally the proofs for proofreading are loose pages.

Brian
As I've never read IT, I'd be happy to proofread for you with a fresh set of eyes. :D

gsvec
05-24-2011, 04:00 PM
PATRICK!!!! :panic: Still? What'll I do with you . . . :arg:

Patrick
05-24-2011, 04:04 PM
:unsure: I can think of plenty of things. :ninja:

gsvec
05-24-2011, 04:07 PM

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/gsvec/Smilies/bf-naughty00.gif

Merlin1958
05-24-2011, 04:23 PM

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/gsvec/Smilies/bf-naughty00.gif

Get a room!!!!!

:cool:

MLG
05-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Brian and Dan, I will be happy to proof read this edition of 'It' for you. I do not mind the loose pages at all. Just send it my way and I will get right on it!

Brian

surly
05-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey Brian-
Can't tell you how excited I am for this one. Perhaps when you have a chance to breathe you can share with us the story of how this came to be: how was it pitched; who approached who; how involved is King in the production; how long have you been working on it; how were the artists picked...that sort of thing.

Cook
05-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Brian

Happy Birthday Brian,
Thanks again for everything.

DanHocker
05-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Brian and Dan, I will be happy to proof read this edition of 'It' for you. I do not mind the loose pages at all. Just send it my way and I will get right on it!

Brian

I think the short version is a couple pages back. It was in the Cemetery Dance thread before patrick moved the posts.

Sir_Boomme
05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey Brian-
Can't tell you how excited I am for this one. Perhaps when you have a chance to breathe you can share with us the story of how this came to be: how was it pitched; who approached who; how involved is King in the production; how long have you been working on it; how were the artists picked...that sort of thing.

I'd hope that any extra proofs would be offered to the 2000.00 lettered customers first (for an extra cost of course)

hey Brian,
do you know if the lettered IT editions can be matched up to the SOD I & II lettereds (same letter for all three)?

MLG
05-24-2011, 07:00 PM
The ebay listing for the S/L is back. I believe it is the same seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-25th-Anniversary-Ed-Signed-King-/190537574338?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2c5ceca7c2#ht_2308wt_1139

Randall Flagg
05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Good for the seller and good for the (possible) buyer. If both are happy people should not be up in arms about it.

Sir_Boomme
05-24-2011, 07:18 PM
The ebay listing for the S/L is back. I believe it is the same seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-25th-Anniversary-Ed-Signed-King-/190537574338?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2c5ceca7c2#ht_2308wt_1139

I just find it interesting that he/she ID watermark stamps the cover picture for the listing... which is obviously one he stole/"borrowed" from CD and did not take himself.

Jimimck
05-24-2011, 07:24 PM
At least he can now truely advertise it is sold out....

MLG
05-24-2011, 07:41 PM
I mentioned it with no intent of malice towards the seller. If an owner of a book is willing to sell and a buyer is willing to pay the asking price I have no issue with the transaction.
Good for the seller and good for the (possible) buyer. If both are happy people should not be up in arms about it.

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 07:48 PM
The only real issue with the listing is that it's so far from the date of publication that the buyer would have little recourse if the seller never ends up sending the book as it would likely be too long after the fact to file a dispute with the credit card company. Additionally, I'm not sure whether or not PayPal ever changed its policy, but I know PS Publishing got in trouble with them back when they announced the S/L Colorado Kid because PayPal wouldn't allow them to accept pre-sale money. If I recall correctly, PayPal reversed all of the transactions and those of us who paid via PayPal had to pay PS Publishing directly.

DanHocker
05-24-2011, 07:50 PM
hey Brian,
do you know if the lettered IT editions can be matched up to the SOD I & II lettereds (same letter for all three)?

I"m not Brian, but if you reply to your order confirmation and ask for your particular letter and say that it's to match your other books, we'll do our best to make sure it matches.

shaq
05-24-2011, 11:54 PM

I just find it interesting that he/she ID watermark stamps the cover picture for the listing... which is obviously one he stole/"borrowed" from CD and did not take himself.

And not being picky but isn't that the wrong cover for the book they are selling too!! Wiseguy indeed if they managed to get King to sign the gift edition! :D

Sad but if I hadn't got this in time I would be contemplating this on ebay right now! Then I'd calm down and wait and see what happens with the prices.

killbourne
05-25-2011, 11:45 AM
just curious, Anyone have any info on what stage the book is in at the moment. Also, I wonder how the signature page looks like.

Brian James Freeman
05-25-2011, 12:01 PM
just curious, Anyone have any info on what stage the book is in at the moment. Also, I wonder how the signature page looks like.

The interior design is being touched up right now and then there will be a few rounds of proofreading. I will be sending an email update each month to the customers who already placed their order. :)

We haven't posted a shot of the signature sheet yet, but maybe after King signs next month. That's what really makes the sheets awesome, after all. :)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
05-25-2011, 12:02 PM
More than 1,000 copies of the Gift Edition have already been reserved, which is well ahead of the pace of Full Dark, No Stars last year.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Ric
05-25-2011, 12:06 PM

The interior design is being touched up right now and then there will be a few rounds of proofreading. I will be sending an email update each month to the customers who already placed their order. :)

We haven't posted a shot of the signature sheet yet, but maybe after King signs next month. That's what really makes the sheets awesome, after all. :)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Since King hasn't signed the sheets yet, and the limited is sold out, how about having him personalize all of the signature sheets? :wtf: :lol:

thegreattim
05-25-2011, 06:42 PM
I'd pay an extra $100 for that! Haha, great idea.

Merlin1958
05-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Brian? Does this have something to do with you guys as well???????

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?12502-Something-is-Coming!-5-31-2011

OR, can you blow RF's cover????????? This stuff is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!

CRinVA
05-26-2011, 04:09 AM
It's a shot in the dark Bill, I doubt Brian would confirm. I also do not think that CD Pubs wold have two MAJOR announcements so close together.
But I must say it's driving me nuts too! :-)

Brian James Freeman
05-26-2011, 08:00 AM
hey Brian,

Yep, matching letters can definitely be arranged! Just drop Mindy a line about your SOD 1 letter so she can make sure it went on your order. Thanks!

Brian

burial
05-26-2011, 12:58 PM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Since King hasn't signed the sheets yet, and the limited is sold out, how about having him personalize all of the signature sheets? :wtf: :lol:

that would be SOMETHING!!! great idea!

Merlin1958
05-26-2011, 05:30 PM
^^ Somehow I just don't see THAT happening!!!!!

LOL LOL

DanHocker
05-26-2011, 06:24 PM

Cool idea, but I doubt king would ever agree to it. Plus what would happen if your personalized sig sheet ended up in a book that got damaged on the way to us from the printer?

thegreattim
05-26-2011, 07:34 PM

Cool idea, but I doubt king would ever agree to it. Plus what would happen if your personalized sig sheet ended up in a book that got damaged on the way to us from the printer?

The same thing that would happen if our matching number copy got damaged on the way back from the printer? Answer: cry like a little girl.

DanHocker
05-27-2011, 04:44 AM

The same thing that would happen if our matching number copy got damaged on the way back from the printer? Answer: cry like a little girl.

Ahh but see that's not a problem as we hand number the books, so all the books come back from the printer with a nice little blank line waiting for either Kate or I to write your number down. I'd be more than happy to personalize it for you though, although I'm pretty sure it would loose it's value then ><

georgiesarm
05-27-2011, 05:16 AM
I immediatly ordered the gift edition when I heard of this release :) How long will the afterword be, how much of it have you published as the excerpt?

Sir_Boomme
05-27-2011, 05:46 AM
I'd be more than happy to personalize it for you though, although I'm pretty sure it would loose it's value then ><

depends... just how well can you forge king's handwriting?:evil:

cgallagh44
05-27-2011, 05:06 PM
I can't wait to get my Limited Edition copy-very exciting!!

herbertwest
05-29-2011, 04:28 AM
The other day i didnt see the artwork page! I really love the color ones!

Jimimck
08-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Anyone else notice this on the Canadian Amazon site?
http://www.amazon.ca/25th-Stephen-King/dp/1587672707/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1

I wonder what the chances are of receiving it through Amazon, with a slipcase.....

Robert Fulman
08-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Also on the American site; just replace .ca with .com.

BigCoffinHunter
08-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Brian can probably back me up on this one, but I believe Amazon.com lists books by ISBN number even when they haven't been granted an allocation. Just because they're listing it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll ever have copies to sell.

herbertwest
08-26-2011, 10:19 AM
That's typical of amazon and a few other website. They are using the "long tail" to grab as many visitors with individual copies of books that way they can grab as many people as they can...
I wouldnt be surprise if they sell it and then apologise cause they dont have it anymore...

DanHocker
08-26-2011, 10:45 AM
We don't send any product directly to amazon. The only way they would get it is if one of the library distributors passes it on to them, however I'm sure this one will be much like Full Dark in that we most likely won't be sending it to library distributors. In fact I'm pretty positive we didn't send any Full Dark to them (as far as I remember), but that was awhile ago so I could be wrong. So most likely amazon will cancel your order once they realize they will not be receiving any.

Merlin1958
08-27-2011, 06:18 PM
We don't send any product directly to amazon. The only way they would get it is if one of the library distributors passes it on to them, however I'm sure this one will be much like Full Dark in that we most likely won't be sending it to library distributors. In fact I'm pretty positive we didn't send any Full Dark to them (as far as I remember), but that was awhile ago so I could be wrong. So most likely amazon will cancel your order once they realize they will not be receiving any.

And, by the time Amazon gets "wise" to that fact it will be way too late for any chance of getting any copy whatsoever. Right, Dan? Are there any left to be had at this point? I know I got mine early on.

LostAlivE
11-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Man it is almost IT time!!!!!!!

elscorcho526
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
To the Cemetery Dance folks,

Could not be more excited about receiving my IT limited in the mail! This edition immediately sky rockets to the top of my collection. I'm interested in purchasing a "gift" edition for my brother as a holiday gift. However, I'm concerned that it will not arrive in time...I'm sure there's a plethora of variables at play here, all of which could potentially postpone delivery time. I'll ask anyways. How favorable are the odds this will actually ship out by mid-December? Thanks!

Brian James Freeman
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
To the Cemetery Dance folks,

Could not be more excited about receiving my IT limited in the mail! This edition immediately sky rockets to the top of my collection. I'm interested in purchasing a "gift" edition for my brother as a holiday gift. However, I'm concerned that it will not arrive in time...I'm sure there's a plethora of variables at play here, all of which could potentially postpone delivery time. I'll ask anyways. How favorable are the odds this will actually ship out by mid-December? Thanks!

I'm waiting on a final production update from the slipcase maker and will post the official publication date as soon as I have that, but right now it looks good that the Gift Edition will begin shipping in the next 2 weeks or so! More updates to come ASAP. Thanks!

Brian

LostAlivE
11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Could not be more excited about receiving my IT limited in the mail!

Brian does this mean the S/L of IT are being mailed out?

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Could not be more excited about receiving my IT limited in the mail!

Brian does this mean the S/L of IT are being mailed out?

They will be in about 3 weeks. The traycases will be done 7 to 10 days after the slipcases based on the last schedule I saw.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2011, 05:27 AM
By the way, everyone who ordered the Gift Edition or Limited Edition from us should have gotten another update and an address confirmation email yesterday. If you did not, please drop me a line via email. Thanks!

Brian

Merlin1958
11-30-2011, 01:41 PM
I got one!!! Can't wait!!! Thanks CD!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Ben Staad
11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I didn't get the email however I haven't moved so I think I'm good. Can't wait to get my gift edition of this!

Jimimck
11-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I can't wait to get my copy. Only ordered a Gift Edition, but maybe Santa will distract Mindy and she'll accidently pop a S/L in the package instead....
http://www.bitvertiser.com/emos/3d/santa-emoticon.gif

Ben Staad
11-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I can't wait to get my copy. Only ordered a Gift Edition, but maybe Santa will distract Mindy and she'll accidently pop a S/L in the package instead....
http://www.bitvertiser.com/emos/3d/santa-emoticon.gif

That makes two of us! I'm hoping the shipping folks are drinking heavily from the egg nog bowl on packing day:)

Patrick
11-30-2011, 06:52 PM
...Brian does this mean the S/L of IT are being mailed out?
They will be in about 3 weeks. The traycases will be done 7 to 10 days after the slipcases based on the last schedule I saw.

Brian
Brian,

Are you thinking the S/L's will go out the week of Dec. 19th or the week of Dec. 26th? I know it's not completely within your hands, but best guess.

The holidays may affect how I respond to the shipping address confirmation email.

Thanks.
- Patrick

Brian James Freeman
11-30-2011, 07:05 PM
...Brian does this mean the S/L of IT are being mailed out?

Brian
Brian,

Are you thinking the S/L's will go out the week of Dec. 19th or the week of Dec. 26th? I know it's not completely within your hands, but best guess.

The holidays may affect how I respond to the shipping address confirmation email.

Thanks.
- Patrick

Hey Patrick!

My hope is for the week of the 19th, but I will have a much better idea as soon as the traycase maker gets back to me with their final update. It is not impossible to change an address after the orders are being processed for shipping, of course, but there is more room for error at that point. I will definitely post on here the moment I know the beginning ship date for the Gift Edition and the Limited Editions!

Brian

Patrick
11-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Cool, thanks, Brian. I'll drag my feet another day or two before responding to the email. No worries.

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2011, 05:15 AM
I've already posted bits and pieces of this on the board, but here's "A Sneak Peek Behind the Scenes of It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King" on my blog:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.com/2011/12/01/a-sneak-peek-behind-the-scenes-of-it-the-25th-anniversary-special-limited-edition-by-stephen-king/

Shortcut link: http://wp.me/pKF4w-qw

Brian

jhanic
12-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Thanks, Brian. Very informative!

John

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2011, 05:22 AM

John

Thanks, John!

Brian

Cutter
12-01-2011, 07:09 AM

John

I agree. Thanks Brian!

Brice
12-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Personally i think i'd understand what bluelines and f&gs are better if you mailed them to me.

Thanks brian!

ChristineB
12-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Personally i think i'd understand what bluelines and f&gs are better if you mailed them to me.

Thanks brian!

Wow Brice is on a roll this morning... :lol:

Brian James Freeman
12-01-2011, 09:02 AM

Thanks brian!

HA! :)

Jimimck
12-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks Brian, you truly know how to string out our anticipation of this book :drool:

DanHocker
12-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Last Chance To Preorder It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King!

Hi Folks!

The deadline for preordering the Gift Edition of It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King is December 4, 2011. On December 5, we will begin processing all of the orders so they can begin shipping the following week.

Orders placed after the 4th may not be processed until the new year due to the tremendous amount of time shipping the preorders will take. That is also the last day to upgrade your shipping to UPS if you previously selected Media Mail.

Thank you for your understanding. You can still place your preorder on the product page today so you don't miss out on all of the excitement! (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king06photo01.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king06photo02.jpg

ELazansky
12-02-2011, 11:39 AM
That looks great. I ordered the S/L, but now I'm wondering if I should also get the Gift Edition. Of course, then I need a bigger bookcase...

DanHocker
12-02-2011, 11:42 AM
That looks great. I ordered the S/L, but now I'm wondering if I should also get the Gift Edition. Of course, then I need a bigger bookcase...

And possibly a forklift or some "burly guys" to move them for you....

This is one seriously big book.

elscorcho526
12-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Couldn't resist preordering for my younger brother. The bank's now closed, CD! Until next year, that is :rolleyes3:

Merlin1958
12-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Couldn't resist preordering for my younger brother. The bank's now closed, CD! Until next year, that is :rolleyes3:

Welcome to the site, Good person!!!!

:clap:

Jimimck
12-03-2011, 02:10 AM

Do it. You know you want to....

herbertwest
12-03-2011, 03:35 AM
I finally couldnt resist anymore and had to order one !

Brian James Freeman
12-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Posted a new photo on my blog to give you an idea of the size of our edition of IT compared to some others you already have:

http://brianjamesfreeman.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/2011-12-05-16-21-07.jpg

More photos are posted here:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/preview-of-it-by-stephen-king/

Brian

AKC
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Jimimck
12-06-2011, 05:05 PM
That looks so cool!

Ben Staad
12-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Woot! Thanks for the photo Brian.

idlewarnings
12-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Great pics. I can't wait to have the book in my hands.

Merlin1958
12-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Last Chance To Preorder It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King!

Hi Folks!

The deadline for preordering the Gift Edition of It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King is December 4, 2011. On December 5, we will begin processing all of the orders so they can begin shipping the following week.

Orders placed after the 4th may not be processed until the new year due to the tremendous amount of time shipping the preorders will take. That is also the last day to upgrade your shipping to UPS if you previously selected Media Mail.

Thank you for your understanding. You can still place your preorder on the product page today so you don't miss out on all of the excitement! (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king06photo01.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/king06photo02.jpg

And you can get more Art by Erin Wells here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Jimimck
12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Are you on commission? :wink:

Merlin1958
12-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Are you on commission? :wink:

No, but I am absolutely shameless when it comes to plugging Dick's amazing cases!!!! I must own 10 of them at least!!! Craftsmanship is alive and well and coming out of N.M.!!!

mistercrowley
12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
They are nice

AKC
12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Well, looks like we are a few weeks away!

Anybody care to estimate what the S/L #'d will be going for on the Secondary Market?

Given the $475 list price, I'll start the discussion with an estimate of $750.00......

As for the Lettered, as with most of them, I think they'll "hold serve" around the list price of $2,000 or below....

Merlin1958
12-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Just can't wait!!! I am sooo looking forward to receiving this publication!!! I just LOVE the Erin Wells art!!!

DanHocker
12-06-2011, 08:17 PM
That looks so cool!

Glad you think so. We all really thought Kate's design on this one really came together really quite great. It's one of my favorite book designs I've seen to date.

killbourne
12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
WOw! just F'ing WOW! I really cant believe how CD has turned things around and is giving the King collectors a one-two punch with their signed/limiteds. Very impressive!

killbourne
12-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Is there a firm/estimated date on when the IT s/l will start shipping? I ask this because the book will be delivered to a front desk and I want to make sure that It doesnt get into anyone's hands except mine.

DanHocker
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Is there a firm/estimated date on when the IT s/l will start shipping? I ask this because the book will be delivered to a front desk and I want to make sure that It doesnt get into anyone's hands except mine.

I don't know what Brian is thinking, but I'm hoping to be shipping on Monday if not sooner, but I would figure on Monday. On a side note for anyone who is concerned, we will be shipping orders in the relative order they where placed (including non-us orders).

Brian James Freeman
12-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Gift Edition should be starting on Monday, with the Limited Edition to start the following Monday if the traycases are finished in time!

Brian

Jimimck
12-07-2011, 11:41 AM
On a side note for anyone who is concerned, we will be shipping orders in the relative order they where placed (including non-us orders).

Now we're talking!

Cutter
12-07-2011, 12:24 PM
After reading (I'm still in the middle of it, though) 11-22-63 and going back to Derry during the time of IT has whetted my apatite to revisit the book. Looks like it'll be a beautiful edition to read!

DanHocker
12-07-2011, 01:29 PM
On a side note for anyone who is concerned, we will be shipping orders in the relative order they where placed (including non-us orders).

Now we're talking!

This is a product of the new website, since we're able to charge shipping up front to all customers we don't have to hold non-us orders till the end because we no longer have to charge them postage.

AKC
12-07-2011, 02:36 PM
My credit card just got hit for an extra $10.00 for shipping UPS Ground!

The Gift Edition is ON THE WAY!!!!

tippy4
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Just because your card was charged does not mean your book has shipped.

Cook
12-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Dan or Brian,
Please help !
I'm a little nervous, I sent a email to Mindy asking for a shipping upgrade on "It" & haven't heard back yet or seen a charge on my CC.
Thanks
Richard Cook #79

Cook
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Dan or Brian,
Please help !
I'm a little nervous, I sent a email to Mindy asking for a shipping upgrade on "It" & haven't heard back yet or seen a charge on my CC.
Thanks for your help
Richard Cook #79

AKC
12-07-2011, 06:51 PM

OK, consider it tempered excitement. Please allow me to enjoy the moment....

Buzz kill. First the post indicating to mistercrowley that he ain't getting a PC copy of TWTTKH and now my book hasn't shipped.....

Glass half full tipp, glass half full.....

AKC

mistercrowley
12-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm a glass half full kind of guy myself. I look at like this. I saved myself money on the PC of LSOE and now can use that money to buy a actual numbered copy of of TWTTKH. Then if King decides to do another Dark Tower book I won't just be some guy with a PC copy and I'll get a copy at cover price. Thanks Tip!

Merlin1958
12-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Got a notice that a CD order had shipped and I was like "Oh cool IT is on it's way"!!! However, it was Bram Stoker's "Dracula!!! Slight disappointment!!! LOL

Fsmdr
12-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Dan or Brian,
Please help !
Thanks
Richard Cook #79

Ditto. Have not heard back from mindy, either.

DanHocker
12-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Dan or Brian,
Please help !
Thanks
Richard Cook #79

Dan or Brian,
Please help !
Thanks
Richard Cook #79

Ditto. Have not heard back from mindy, either.

Mindy is still charging the UPS upgrades. As of 5:00 yesterday she still had about 250 more to charge. She was hoping to get the rest done today

ICry4Oy
12-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Got email from Mindy Tuesday re: upgrade!!

She ROX!!! :rock:

ELazansky
12-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Everyone has been talking about upgrading their shipping option - my original invoice says my shipping is UPS Ground. Do I need to change anything, or did everyone else pick Media Mail when they placed their order?

DanHocker
12-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Everyone has been talking about upgrading their shipping option - my original invoice says my shipping is UPS Ground. Do I need to change anything, or did everyone else pick Media Mail when they placed their order?

You don't need to change anything. The shipping upgrade option was for people who chose media mail when originally placing their orders.

frik
12-08-2011, 08:46 AM

Excellent. I ordered mine about one minute into the ordering slot, so hopefully the books will be here (Europe) before the end of the year.
Maybe this has been asked before, but will the gift and numbered editions be shipped in one package?

sk

Brian James Freeman
12-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Dan or Brian,
Please help !
Thanks
Richard Cook #79

I checked with Mindy and you're in the batch she's doing today! She just received your email on the 5th, not sure when you sent it, but you're in the last group and will be done before Dan runs off the paperwork! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Excellent. I ordered mine about one minute into the ordering slot, so hopefully the books will be here (Europe) before the end of the year.
Maybe this has been asked before, but will the gift and numbered editions be shipped in one package?

sk

If they were ordered together, they should ship together -- that's how we planned it, at least. If they were ordered separately, they will definitely ship separately and it is too late to change that.

By the way, I know you didn't ask about this, but because the topic does get asked, I thought I'd mention that combining multiple orders for items to ship together isn't easy to do even in normal circumstances because it requires that we delete one of the orders and move the contents to the other order, which means we lose the original payment information -- if someone wanted a refund, this creates a mess -- and also some other internal tracking information. And sometimes the new order also gets "stuck" in the system and the only way we find out is when the customers asks why it didn't ship! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
12-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Also, I don't know if Dan mentioned this on here, but the Gift Edition orders are shipping in the order they were placed -- whether you are in the US or outside the US. So if you ordered on May 23rd, your book will ship before someone who ordered on December 1st. Give or take.

Brian

DanHocker
12-08-2011, 09:15 AM

sk

I think it was asked on the CD board. To my knowledge the gift and numbered editions are set to ship together. So if you ordered both, on the same order, your gift will not ship until the limited start shipping which will probably be a week from Monday, assuming the tray cases are finished on time.

Everything is here to start shipping the gift editions though. They should start rolling out the door Monday, if not late in the day tomorrow. We have a few things to re-arrange / wrap up around here, and the first 500 copies of the calendar will be showing up tomorrow, so we're going to push those out the door real quick (non-us customers will ship first in the hopes that they will get them before the end of the year). The rest of them should be showing up early next week, which I'll push out the door while we're shipping IT.

Brian James Freeman
12-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Remember the extra warehouse we added last year before we shipped Full Dark, No Stars? Well, we've added an even BIGGER extra warehouse this year.

Before the IT Gift Editions and slipcases arrived:

http://cemeterydance.com/images/misc/ITwarehousebefore1.jpg

After the IT Gift Edition and slipcases arrived:

http://cemeterydance.com/images/misc/ITwarehouseafter1.jpg

http://cemeterydance.com/images/misc/ITwarehouseafter2.jpg

jhanic
12-08-2011, 09:41 AM
WOW!!

John

The Library Policeman
12-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Busier than Bob's basement in there!

frik
12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
To my knowledge the gift and numbered editions are set to ship together. So if you ordered both, on the same order, your gift will not ship until the limited start shipping which will probably be a week from Monday, assuming the tray cases are finished on time.

Thanks for the info on this, Dan.
One final question: I ordered the gift, numbered and lettered editions. I assume this order will be shipped in two parts, gift+numbered in one package, and, months later, the lettered? Do I have to notify CD if I want my books shipped that way?

sk

DanHocker
12-08-2011, 11:04 AM
To my knowledge the gift and numbered editions are set to ship together. So if you ordered both, on the same order, your gift will not ship until the limited start shipping which will probably be a week from Monday, assuming the tray cases are finished on time.

One final question: I ordered the gift, numbered and lettered editions. I assume this order will be shipped in two parts, gift+numbered in one package, and, months later, the lettered? Do I have to notify CD if I want my books shipped that way?

sk

I'll double check your order, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have to. Since you ordered all 3 on the same order, you gift may ship seprately as there's really no way to ship an order in two parts like that via the computer system. I'll check your order though and fix it if it's set wrong.

Merlin1958
12-08-2011, 12:08 PM

sk

I'll double check your order, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have to. Since you ordered all 3 on the same order, you gift may ship seprately as there's really no way to ship an order in two parts like that via the computer system. I'll check your order though and fix it if it's set wrong.

You two need to stop posting and start helping out with the Shipping!!!! Seriously, Go!!! LOL LOL LOL

:lol1:

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Just send me a key, the alarm code and the address of that warehouse so I can do a proper safety inspection of it please.

evilash
12-08-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll drive. Did I mention that I have a truck? Very comfortable!

Shannon
12-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Great pics of the warehouse. :)

Rahfa
12-09-2011, 12:20 PM

Buzz kill. First the post indicating to mistercrowley that he ain't getting a PC copy of TWTTKH and now my book hasn't shipped.....

AKC

Haha....yeah, Tippy's all about taking the half-full glass and pouring it over your head, then breaking the glass on the ground and rubbing your face in the shards.

As for Crowley's PC question - it is definitley better to buy a numbered copy. Chances are that eventually they'll do another SK limited, even if it's not DT-related, and a number will guarantee that book.

tippy4
12-09-2011, 06:22 PM

AKC

Haha....yeah, Tippy's all about taking the half-full glass and pouring it over your head, then breaking the glass on the ground and rubbing your face in the shards.

As for Crowley's PC question - it is definitley better to buy a numbered copy. Chances are that eventually they'll do another SK limited, even if it's not DT-related, and a number will guarantee that book.

Sorry guys....sometimes I just have to be the voice of reality.

If your copy of IT had shipped, CD would have sent out a shipping notice.

sgc1999
12-09-2011, 06:33 PM
if anyone has a lettered copy of the upcoming 25th ann "IT" , im looking for one. Thanks

AKC
12-09-2011, 06:34 PM
if anyone has a lettered copy of the upcoming 25th ann "IT" , im looking for one. Thanks

DITTO.......should be able to get one on the secondary market around list price.....$2,000.

sgc1999
12-09-2011, 06:36 PM
im hopeing:)

Randall Flagg
12-09-2011, 07:37 PM

DITTO.......should be able to get one on the secondary market around list price.....$2,000.

im hopeing:)
Why would anyone other than a dealer who might have received a discount sell you the book for less than the $2K they paid for and it likely won't be delivered for a year or so?
CD will likely refund the $2K to anyone who has paid and asks for a refund.

AKC
12-10-2011, 03:22 AM
My opinion is simply based on the historical lettered edition pricing over the course of the last year.

Secretary of Dreams Lettered Editions were released with a retail price of $1,500. Now they are being sold for $1,000 - $1,250 and the TDT members still can't move them....

WHEN they eventually come out, I just don't believe you will see the appreciation as aggressively as the #'d Editions....

Of course in my humble opinion only.....

mistercrowley
12-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Why buy them then? Not being flippant, just curious

carlosdetweiller
12-10-2011, 04:50 AM
I don't think the resale pricing will follow SOD for a couple of reasons. First, in my opinion, SOD 1 & 2 are hideous oversized books and I can't imagine anyone who owns the lettered copies actually counts them as prized collectibles. I've got mine packed away in a closet. Second, IT is a favorite (if not THE favorite) book of legions of King fans. From the pictures CD has posted so far it looks like it is going to be a very, very nice book. I think this one will be cherished by King fans and collectors for years, sort of like the S/L THE STAND.

Lettered SOD's. Beauties aren't they.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/secretarydreamslettereds.jpg

Room 217 Caretaker
12-10-2011, 06:11 AM
But I think it's all in how you present them:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/668/Lettered_R_Set1.png

AKC- Is the DT member selling an actual Lettered copy or a PC copy. Big difference in value. My opinion also.

I am selling my Matching Lettered R set for actual publish price, and have announced that but that is only for members here to help a collection out. I don't think just because I've done that makes the value of that set not worth it. Again, I believe there is a difference in value of a PC vs actual lettered.

Mulleins

carlosdetweiller
12-10-2011, 06:16 AM
I am selling my Matching Lettered R set for actual publish price.

Mulleins

I think the fact that you are selling them at all speaks for how highly you value them. Am I right or way off base?

Rahfa
12-10-2011, 06:28 AM
If the list price was $2K, then I don't see it selling on secondary market for much more than $2250-$2400 or so - there just aren't that many collectors with the $$ AND who won't already have it.

The reason The Stand sells for so much is its had more than 20 years to climb in value...this lettered won't come out tomorrow and sell for $3K the day after; it just won't happen (except for the outlier sale).

But - unliked lettereds of Buick 8, and SOD, this is a classic that people might hang on to, so that will keep IT from dropping below issue price like those books.

Room 217 Caretaker
12-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Way off base. I'm helping a family out that lost his job and has a family of four. I've talked him into starting his own landscape company and offering the books was the best way to get him some cash. So again, I do value them, but I value my friends more. This isn't a story I've yanked out of my rear, our very own Jerome can vouch that him and I talked about this sometime ago and the plan for me to do a special sale on DT to quickly move books to help the family out. With my new IT job I couldn't find the time to inventory everything I was selling.

That sell is still coming by the way.

Mulleins

carlosdetweiller
12-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Way off base. I'm helping a family out that lost his job and has a family of four.
Mulleins

Good for you. Nice gesture.

DanHocker
12-10-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't think the resale pricing will follow SOD for a couple of reasons. First, in my opinion, SOD 1 & 2 are hideous oversized books and I can't imagine anyone who owns the lettered copies actually counts them as prized collectibles. I've got mine packed away in a closet. Second, IT is a favorite (if not THE favorite) book of legions of King fans. From the pictures CD has posted so far it looks like it is going to be a very, very nice book. I think this one will be cherished by King fans and collectors for years, sort of like the S/L THE STAND.

Lettered SOD's. Beauties aren't they.

Maybe I'm off based / biased because I work for CD, but if you don't like the Lettered SOD books, why did you buy them? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't see much point in owning something that I don't like. Personally I love the SOD lettered editions, especially the books themselves. The leather binding is just awesome. I wish I had the money that I could have them sit in my collection.

Brice
12-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Bob is a completist.

carlosdetweiller
12-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Maybe I'm off based / biased because I work for CD, but if you don't like the Lettered SOD books, why did you buy them?

I'm just an insane completist. If it is a limited with King's signature I feel like I gotta have it in my collection. I like some items in my collection more than others.

mistercrowley
12-10-2011, 08:22 AM
The insides of the traycases seem nice but the outer portion looks bland.

Brice
12-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Off topic a bit...

Just curious: What is your least favorite item in your King collection, Bob?

carlosdetweiller
12-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Off topic a bit...

Do you mean besides SOD 1 & 2?

Brice
12-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Off topic a bit...

Do you mean besides SOD 1 & 2?

If that is your least favorite...yes. I meant overall any item...not necessarily a s/l or even a book. What is the lowest point of your collection?

carlosdetweiller
12-10-2011, 09:04 AM
What is the lowest point of your collection?

Tough question. There are a couple of items that come to mind; neither of which were cheap.

I really hate the stainless steel Whitney Museum limited edition of MY PRETTY PONY. The illustrations don't seem to go with the story (at least to my mind's inner eye they don't) and it doesn't fit on any shelf because it is so big. So it sits in its original shipping box at the bottom of a closet. I can find no real justification for it ever being done in the first place.

The other is the Edition Phantasia edition of NEBEL. The illustrations do not match the story at all. I have no idea where they came from. It is perceived to be scarce so it sells for a lot but I don't like the book at all.

Fsmdr
12-10-2011, 09:35 AM
What is the lowest point of your collection?

Tough question. There are a couple of items that come to mind; neither of which were cheap.

I really hate the stainless steel Whitney Museum limited edition of MY PRETTY PONY. The illustrations don't seem to go with the story (at least to my mind's inner eye they don't) and it doesn't fit on any shelf because it is so big. So it sits in its original shipping box at the bottom of a closet. I can find no real justification for it ever being done in the first place.

The other is the Edition Phantasia edition of NEBEL. The illustrations do not match the story at all. I have no idea where they came from. It is perceived to be scarce so it sells for a lot but I don't like the book at all.

What do you think of the Rainy Days S/L?. I have it stored in my closet.

Randall Flagg
12-10-2011, 09:43 AM
We have a thread dedicated to discussing the worst item:
Worst S/L or Collectible Item Ever? (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?11809-Worst-S-L-or-Collectible-Item-Ever)

Patrick
12-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Ralph, that is very cool what you're doing.

I have never seen the SOD Lettered editions in person, but I'm guessing from Bob's picture that the outside of the traycase is imprinted and it doesn't show up easily in photos.

I'd love a Lettered IT, but no way was that in my budget. I'm sure I'll be delighted with numbered edition however.

Randall Flagg
12-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Ralph, that is very cool what you're doing.

I have never seen the SOD Lettered editions in person, but I'm guessing from Bob's picture that the outside of the traycase is imprinted and it doesn't show up easily in photos.

I'd love a Lettered IT, but no way was that in my budget. I'm sure I'll be delighted with numbered edition however.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/510/medium/IMG_3163.JPG

The Catalog is your friend.

Patrick
12-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Yes, it is, but I'd bet that imprint still looks better in person. Remind me to check out yours next time I'm up there!

DanHocker
12-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Yes, it is, but I'd bet that imprint still looks better in person. Remind me to check out yours next time I'm up there!

I'll try to remember to snap an up-close photo of the imprint when I get to work on Monday.

Actually, here are some more close up pictures of SOD V2 I found on the CD forums.

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?731-Grant-Wootton-Collection&p=14840&viewfull=1#post14840

mistercrowley
12-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Aside from the signature what are the differences between the gift/collectors edition of IT and the signed limited version?

Jimimck
12-10-2011, 01:47 PM
From what I remember, the S/L is leatherbound, and has a different cover.

Check out this link to CD, and the editions tab...
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06

Ben Mears
12-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Gift edtion of IT looks very nice. I like the layout design and red tipped pages.

DanHocker
12-10-2011, 04:02 PM
From what I remember, the S/L is leatherbound, and has a different cover.

Check out this link to CD, and the editions tab...
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06

Also the signed limited edition is in a traycase.

carlosdetweiller
12-11-2011, 05:05 AM
What do you think of the Rainy Days S/L?. I have it stored in my closet.

I have one rolled up in a tube; also stored in a closet. I think I have looked at it twice in the 10 plus years that I have owned it.

Randall Flagg
12-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Do you have Letters From Hell displayed? I do.

carlosdetweiller
12-11-2011, 10:24 AM

I have it framed and have had it displayed in years past but now it is in a closet for lack of wall space. It is a nice piece.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-11-2011, 10:28 AM

I have it framed and have had it displayed in years past but now it is in a closet for lack of wall space. It is a nice piece.

I bought mine already framed. It sits in a cupboard somewhere.

elscorcho526
12-12-2011, 06:56 AM
The race is on! Here's hoping these books make it in time for the holidays...

evilash
12-12-2011, 07:56 AM
It may require a Christmas miracle for all of us to receive our books before year end but I am an optomist so my fingers are crossed.

DanHocker
12-12-2011, 08:45 AM
It may require a Christmas miracle for all of us to receive our books before year end but I am an optomist so my fingers are crossed.

Books are getting packed. I'll post back with an estimated number shipped at the end of the day.

LostAlivE
12-12-2011, 09:32 AM
This is getting exciting now the ole wait and see.........lol

elscorcho526
12-12-2011, 09:43 AM
I can live with my S/L arriving after the holidays. However, the "gift" edition I purchased a little over a week ago is actually a Christmas gift! As always, thanks for the transparency in updates, Dan and Brain.

-Frank

Randall Flagg
12-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Brian, someone asked, and I probably missed the answer. If a person ordered a lettered, a S/L and a gift, when will their books be shipped?

Brian James Freeman
12-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Brian, someone asked, and I probably missed the answer. If a person ordered a lettered, a S/L and a gift, when will their books be shipped?

See Dan's answer below! ;)

There are some orders for 2 or 3 Gift Editions AND a Limited where we're shipping the Gift Editions now because shipping them together would require a very big/heavy box, which just feels like asking for trouble.

Brian

DanHocker
12-12-2011, 11:09 AM

Actually. If you ordered all 3 editions, each edition will ship separately, as there's no way to mark 2 items but not the 3rd to ship together. On that note, I think I saw your order in the next batch of orders I just printed.

Randall Flagg
12-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Woo Hoo!

Pasiuk57
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
When do you expect the lettereds to ship?

DanHocker
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM

Brian will have to answer that one as I have no idea what the time table on those cases are.

Brian James Freeman
12-12-2011, 11:17 AM

I can't put an estimated date out just yet. The prototype box is coming along nicely. Our box maker HAS to finish his work on the Full Dark, No Stars Lettered Edition first. He is dreadfully behind on them. If we could find someone who did as nice of work, we would switch, but we've had other vendors do sample boxes for us and they've just been junk. (Expensive junk at that!) So I am just nudging and prodding him a long, checking in every week, and I won't let him off the hook. My goal is to have both of those done next year, even if I have to take some deluxe box making classes or something!

Brian

Pasiuk57
12-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Brian
thanks for the update!

Jimimck
12-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Just received my IT shipping confirmation!
Love this new ordering system that has international orders going out with the domestic ones.

Jimimck
12-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Just received my Gift edition shipping confirmation.

Oh Yeah!

Need to clear some space to display this baby properly.

jhanic
12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I just got my notification that my gift edition has shipped!

John

DanHocker
12-12-2011, 02:22 PM
465 orders packed. The UPS ones are out the door, the post office ones will be out to pick up the rest in the morning.

Patrick
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
People who ordered the S/L along with a Gift Edition will need to wait a bit for both, right? Meaning I shouldn't be looking for an email confirmation this early.

DanHocker
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
People who ordered the S/L along with a Gift Edition will need to wait a bit for both, right? Meaning I shouldn't be looking for an email confirmation this early.

You are correct. We're hoping to be shipping those starting next Monday, maybe late in the day on Friday. It depends when we finish shipping the gift editions and when the traycases get here. I would think they will be here by the end of the week though.

Patrick
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Cool. Thanks for the continuing updates.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I received two separate e-mails saying the Gift Edition of IT has shipped. Either that means they just sent two notices by mistake or I ordered two and didn't even realize it or they are just sending me an extra copy because I'm such a great guy. Must be the last one, that makes the most sense to me.

jhanic
12-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I also got two emails. If you notice the shipping number, it's the same in both.

John

Merlin1958
12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Well, I received two notices that my gift edition has shipped with the same tracking No. on both. Guess I'm doubly sure to get my book!!!

Merlin1958
12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I also got two emails. If you notice the shipping number, it's the same in both.

John

Same here.

DanHocker
12-12-2011, 05:09 PM
There was a "hiccup" when Mindy was sending the notices. So you may get two copies.

Jimimck
12-12-2011, 05:11 PM
And here I was thinking I was the only special one getting two for the price of one....:cry:

Patrick
12-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I moved a whole bunch of posts regarding this new edition of IT from the general CD thread over here to avoid doubling up the same discussions of shipping, timing, etc.

Also I moved the discussion about what makes, or might make, Lettered editions special - from here over to the general CD thread, as it wasn't specific to IT.

Thanks.
- Patrick

jhanic
12-13-2011, 08:42 AM
My Gift copy should be here tomorrow!

John

Randall Flagg
12-13-2011, 09:26 AM

John
Sometimes it sucks being on the left coast-mine is scheduled for Monday.

mistercrowley
12-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Will Amazon be getting copies of the gift edition?

carlosdetweiller
12-13-2011, 10:21 AM

John
Sometimes it sucks being on the left coast-mine is scheduled for Monday.

Middle of the country is just a tad better. Friday for me.

DanHocker
12-13-2011, 10:26 AM

Not from us they wont. I'm not even sure we're sending to the Library distributors, so I don't think amazon will be able to be sneaky and get them from them either. On a similar note, we don't actually ever send anything directly to Amazon. They take to big of a cut and are to difficult for us to deal with. So if Amazon ever gets copies of anything we publish it comes from a 3rd party.

Merlin1958
12-13-2011, 10:32 AM

Not from us they wont. I'm not even sure we're sending to the Library distributors, so I don't think amazon will be able to be sneaky and get them from them either. On a similar note, we don't actually ever send anything directly to Amazon. They take to big of a cut and are to difficult for us to deal with. So if Amazon ever gets copies of anything we publish it comes from a 3rd party.

Good to know, thanks!!1

mistercrowley
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
The reason I ask is because Amazon always offers a great discount and with my Prime membership I get free two day shipping which is nice. I was tempted to order It directly through CD but that shipping charge makes me cringe

Merlin1958
12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
The Gift Edition is just about sold out. Right, Dan?

mistercrowley
12-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Damn it Merlin your going to push me over the edge!

Merlin1958
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Damn it Merlin your going to push me over the edge!

I do my best!!! Seriously though, if you want IT (Pun intended) now's the time. Hard to figure you'll get it cheaper on eBay anytime soon, no?

:belial:

DanHocker
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM
The Gift Edition is just about sold out. Right, Dan?

Umm I think we're just over 3/4 of the way sold out. I'm not 100% sure how many copies are left to sell though.

mistercrowley
12-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Why must you use logic to sway me?