PDA

View Full Version : Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

fernandito
07-18-2017, 12:27 PM
What the hell is going to happen with the Greyscale?

Bev Vincent
07-18-2017, 01:15 PM

There was a clue to that in one of the books Sam was poring over.

Still Servant
07-18-2017, 06:16 PM

Yeah, I'm interested to see how that's going to play into things as well.

I loved the opening with Arya. It's everything I dreamed of and more.

Tommy
07-18-2017, 07:52 PM
So maybe Dragonglass can cure Greyscale?

RUBE
07-18-2017, 08:12 PM
I am thinking fire is involved.

Edit: I just read the article about this and dragonglass seems a little too convenient. But I guess that could get Jorah back to Dany at Dragonstone...

Lookwhoitis
07-18-2017, 08:57 PM
I just want to see Arya and Nymeria kill some beeatches!

:excited::heart::wink::wub::D

Tommy
07-19-2017, 01:54 AM
'Game of Thrones' Director Defends Ed Sheeran's Cameo: 'He Was Appropriately Cast and Did a Lovely Job' (http://www.newsweek.com/game-thrones-director-defends-ed-sheerans-cameo-he-was-appropriately-cast-and-638524)

Still Servant
07-19-2017, 05:53 PM

Me too. Unfortunately, I just don't think we will ever see Nymeria on the TV show.

allasorte
07-19-2017, 06:40 PM

Me too. Unfortunately, I just don't think we will ever see Nymeria on the TV show.

episode 2 might just have her....

Tommy
07-20-2017, 03:05 AM
This is not really important at all but I noticed that Sam was asking about the restricted area of the library. The actor he was asking is the one that played Prof Slughorn in the Harry Potter movies. Harry (and Tom Riddle) both ask him about the restricted area of Hogwarts' Library.

Lookwhoitis
07-20-2017, 05:28 AM

You must not have watched the episode 2 promo! :excited:

Lookwhoitis
07-20-2017, 05:29 AM
This is not really important at all but I noticed that Sam was asking about the restricted area of the library. The actor he was asking is the one that played Prof Slughorn in the Harry Potter movies. Harry (and Tom Riddle) both ask him about the restricted area of Hogwarts' Library.

But Legions of Harry Potter fans noticed it :)

Tommy
07-20-2017, 05:49 AM
Everyone seems to think Jaime will kill Cersei, which makes a lot of sense, but could it be Arya wearing Jaime's face that does it?

Lookwhoitis
07-20-2017, 08:02 AM
Everyone seems to think Jaime will kill Cersei, which makes a lot of sense, but could it be Arya wearing Jaime's face that does it?

Jaime will certainly kill Cersei, but will it be Wolf in Lions clothing or For Real Jamie doing it to redeem his character. He would be the only Lannister left alive at that point. I could see him do it and then join the cause of the "good guys"

I'm guessing that we may not even find out for sure who really "did" it until season 8. The end shot will be of Jaimie murdering his sister and fulfilling the prophecy and then we will have to wait to determine if it was him or Arya that did it.

fernandito
07-20-2017, 08:17 AM
It would be much more satisfying if it was Jamie himself that does it.

Shannon
07-20-2017, 08:24 AM
I disagree. Arya has her list. The prophecy (which honestly, I keep hearing about but don't remember being mentioned in the show itself), the Kingslayer nickname, and Arya's face changing talent all go hand in hand. It's been set up like that for that particular reason: To all tie together when she kills Cersei.

Lookwhoitis
07-20-2017, 09:00 AM

I agree. As much as I wanna see Arya get her list cross off, I think we will see Jamie's character redeemed. If not, the whole House of Lannister is destroyed. I think Jamie is going to kill her and turn his cloak and Join the Stark contingent.

GRRM has put in a lot of hard work getting you to like Jamie and showing an actual character arc where redemption is possible if not probable.

Lookwhoitis
07-20-2017, 09:02 AM
I disagree. Arya has her list. The prophecy (which honestly, I keep hearing about but don't remember being mentioned in the show itself), the Kingslayer nickname, and Arya's face changing talent all go hand in hand. It's been set up like that for that particular reason: To all tie together when she kills Cersei.

We are going to get to see Arya kill boatloads of muggs :)

I dont think GRRM goes with Arya as Wolf in Lions Clothing because it is too telegraphed and predictable. He always gets you to think one thing will happen and then hits you with the twist.

Lookwhoitis
07-20-2017, 09:11 AM
After witnessing Sansa Stark's ascension to the Great Game last season, I have often thought that she just might be the one sitting the Iron Throne at the end of all the chaos. Her quote in last weeks ep of "Cersei taught me much" only served to reinforce this feeling in me. After watching the first episode I came up with a new theory.

I believe in the Three Targeryeans theory, and my guess is that Tyrion will use this knowledge (after he finds it out) as his major play to win the Game. Although he will not be able to do it militarily, he will recognize the best play is through alliance with Sansa Stark and will propose crowning her Queen of Westeros in order to join the two Houses of Stark and Targeryean and create a dynasty and bring peace to the 7 Kingdoms ending the war.

Sansa will end up on the throne. Just like Queen Elisabeth. :D

mae
07-20-2017, 03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhMTiKRFDMA

fernandito
07-20-2017, 04:15 PM

There are crossed off names on her list who were slain by others. No reason the same can't happen here.

I agree. As much as I wanna see Arya get her list cross off, I think we will see Jamie's character redeemed. If not, the whole House of Lannister is destroyed. I think Jamie is going to kill her and turn his cloak and Join the Stark contingent.

GRRM has put in a lot of hard work getting you to like Jamie and showing an actual character arc where redemption is possible if not probable.

I just love the symmetry of Jamie pushing Bran out the window to protect Cersei at the beginning of the series, and him killing Cersei at the end of the series after all her monstrous acts.

Tommy
07-20-2017, 04:22 PM
I think either one could be worked to make sense but I like the idea of Jaime doing it because first he killed the Mad King and now he'll have to kill the Mad Queen as well.

Still Servant
07-20-2017, 06:29 PM
I'm also wondering if we will ever see Rickon again. I'm sure Martin has something more planned for him in the books, but on the show, I don't see it happening.

Bev Vincent
07-21-2017, 02:47 AM
I'm also wondering if we will ever see Rickon again. I'm sure Martin has something more planned for him in the books, but on the show, I don't see it happening.

Ricky was killed last season in the Batlle of the Bastards.

RUBE
07-24-2017, 08:00 PM
So there was a sea battle this episode like I thought. How powerful Euron is seems to be bothering a lot of people. I think it's necessary so that the Lannisters don't just get crushed.

Still Servant
07-25-2017, 11:50 AM

Ricky was killed last season in the Batlle of the Bastards.Oh, man! That's right. I completely forgot about that. In that case I certainly hope he has something more planned for him in the books.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

allasorte
07-25-2017, 04:27 PM
The book readers know the major differences from the show. Hate them like most, or like them, or tolerate them, this is the problem the TV viewers have with Martin writing slower then a cold killing you. We as TV viewers are seeing "changes" or what is coming if the books are ever finished. I have read, or rumored, that the show is zigzagging. Martin goes from point A to point C his way. The show is going A and then B to get to C. Allegedly the creators of the show know the ending, they are going to go that route, but they are going that route in a different way then the books. Both the books and the show will get to the same ending, but through different routes. My point is that Rickon's death might not happen. But if it does, it will be different. We will never know because the books will be finished by Martin's great great great great great grandson.....and we as the initial readers will be long gone. LOL

Still Servant
07-25-2017, 05:29 PM

I gladly stand corrected on this one. That was amazing.

...what is coming if the books are ever finished.

If? There better be no ifs.

Tommy
07-26-2017, 06:02 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if any of the characters on the show now will get the Iron Throne. Just an idea but could Jon and Dany have a child that would one day claim the throne?

Also, at first I was so disappointed in Theon for not trying to save his sister but my friend pointed out he lives to fight another day. As Yara came to his rescue, I think Theon will do the same for her. He knew he couldn't beat his Uncle at that moment and that fleeing was his only option.

Merlin1958
07-28-2017, 11:15 AM
After witnessing Sansa Stark's ascension to the Great Game last season, I have often thought that she just might be the one sitting the Iron Throne at the end of all the chaos. Her quote in last weeks ep of "Cersei taught me much" only served to reinforce this feeling in me. After watching the first episode I came up with a new theory.

I believe in the Three Targeryeans theory, and my guess is that Tyrion will use this knowledge (after he finds it out) as his major play to win the Game. Although he will not be able to do it militarily, he will recognize the best play is through alliance with Sansa Stark and will propose crowning her Queen of Westeros in order to join the two Houses of Stark and Targeryean and create a dynasty and bring peace to the 7 Kingdoms ending the war.

Could be. Just a hunch, but I believe that Tyrion and Jon Snow are in fact both, Targeryeans

Lookwhoitis
07-28-2017, 06:55 PM

Could be. Just a hunch, but I believe that Tyrion and Jon Snow are in fact both, Targeryeans

Yes, I agree that they are. Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark (they eloped and secretly married and consummated the marriage in the Tower of Joy, conceiving Jon) and Tyrion is the bastard son of the Mad King and Joanna Lannister. That would make Danerys the Aunt of Jon Snow and the Half-Sister of Tyrion

Merlin1958
07-30-2017, 03:57 PM

Yes, I agree that they are. Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark (they eloped and secretly married and consummated the marriage in the Tower of Joy, conceiving Jon) and Tyrion is the bastard son of the Mad King and Joanna Lannister. That would make Danerys the Aunt of Jon Snow and the Half-Sister of Tyrion

Yeah, but I must confess. My son gave me the inside track on that one. Him plus Tyrion w/the dragons last season. lol. Merlin III is a HUGE GoT fan!!!! lol

CRinVA
07-31-2017, 08:57 AM
Lady Olenna got the last word in on Jamie Lannister even though he poisoned her. I have never liked her character, but seeing the look on Jamie's face when she told him she poisoned Joffrey was priceless

Sir Jorah is back - thank you Samwell Tarly!

Jamie and Euron One of them will have to kill the other, but for now they just outwit Tyrian's war plans at Casterly Rock! What's to happen to the Unsullied warriors?

Daenerys and Jon Snow meeting less dramatic than expected. How can one believe in Fire Breathing Dragons and not in White Walkers!

Cersei really is a sociopath agreeing to bed Euron once the war is won! providing the kiss of death upon Ellaria's daughter Tyene; the Sand Snake not so superior anymore; and what to become of Yara Greyjoy!

and last but not least The Three-Eyed Raven (It's complicated) reunites with sister Sansa

mae
07-31-2017, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H3RcytjXLo

fernandito
07-31-2017, 04:52 PM
The Night King looks different in that screenshot^ than he does in other episodes.

Did they switch actors again?! :arg:

Tommy
08-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Episode 4 has leaked online but not in connection with that earlier hack. HBO needs better web security. This one came by way of India Star....

Game of Thrones: Episode 4, The Spoils of War leaked, Star India responsible (http://www.hindustantimes.com/tv/game-of-thrones-episode-4-the-spoils-of-war-leaked-online-hackers-threaten-more-to-follow/story-8yFNYnmh7v7NKZSJWTHGnM.html)

Still Servant
08-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Get fucked.

What a great battle scene. Easily my favorite episode of the season so far.

The Dothraki soldier pissed me off though. He tells Tyrion that his people fight like shit. Let me see how well you fight, bro when your face is fucking melting.

Tommy
08-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Which dragon was that?

RUBE
08-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Drogon.

That was a really good episode. I wasn't expecting so many good things to be packed in the shortest episode they have done.

Shannon
08-07-2017, 06:50 PM
I have a theory.

allasorte
08-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Get fucked.

What a great battle scene. Easily my favorite episode of the season so far.

The Dothraki soldier pissed me off though. He tells Tyrion that his people fight like shit. Let me see how well you fight, bro when your face is fucking melting.

Totally agree. I thought the same thing. If there was no dragon, I felt the Lannister army would have defended and held their own just fine.
I did love to see just how destructive one dragon could be. The flight over the water in conjunction with that music, was awesome!

Lookwhoitis
08-07-2017, 08:01 PM
How dem Dothraki gonna eat this winter after Drogon burned up all the grain :onfire: ROFL

stroppygoblin
08-08-2017, 03:04 AM
Interesting to see Tyrion's reaction to his family's army being roasted. I suspect the loyalty to his new queen may be waning, especially as she completely ignored the advice of her Hand and JS...

Bev Vincent
08-08-2017, 03:22 AM
I'm not sure she ignored his advice -- she wanted to burn the city, killing civilians. He probably advocated attacking the army instead. That's an easier thing to justify in a war.

Still Servant
08-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Interesting to see Tyrion's reaction to his family's army being roasted. I suspect the loyalty to his new queen may be waning, especially as she completely ignored the advice of her Hand and JS...

Tyrion is one of the most beloved characters on the show, I just don't think they can turn him bad. People would revolt.

webstar1000
08-09-2017, 04:07 AM

Tyrion is one of the most beloved characters on the show, I just don't think they can turn him bad. People would revolt.

Love him.... get the movie SHOT CALLER. He is the main character in the show and is a brilliant actor. I say that because I forgot within 5mins if him on screen that he was on GOT.

fernandito
08-09-2017, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure she ignored his advice -- she wanted to burn the city, killing civilians. He probably advocated attacking the army instead. That's an easier thing to justify in a war.

Correct. Their apprehension is with her scorching innocents in plain view of King's Landing. An amassed army on the battlefield is a different thing altogether.

She also needed to turn the tide of a war she was losing by any means necessary. Political points are useless in a lost war.

Merlin1958
08-09-2017, 12:59 PM
That was an awesome episode, Sunday!!!! Dragon's at war!!!! :thumbsup: :emot-flame:

Shannon
08-09-2017, 09:18 PM
I have a theory!

Shannon
08-09-2017, 09:20 PM
I'll start off with a teaser for my theory. Feel free to discuss:

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/fc/Vader1.jpg

RUBE
08-10-2017, 04:03 AM
If your theory is that Dany turns into a mad Targ, then you share that with a lot of people. I have seen heated debates about that elsewhere.

stroppygoblin
08-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Oh, I thought you were going with Dany building a Death Star...

..Silly really now I come to actually think about it... :orely:

Merlin1958
08-12-2017, 05:22 PM
If your theory is that Dany turns into a mad Targ, then you share that with a lot of people. I have seen heated debates about that elsewhere.

Dany, ain't mad. I'm telling ya. Tyrion, Jon and her are Targ. How that plays out I'm not sure of, but it looks like, Dany is leaning toward helping, Jon and herself out. Tyrion, may well be a "Wild Card" in the end.

Still Servant
08-12-2017, 06:13 PM

Dany, ain't mad. I'm telling ya. Tyrion, Jon and her are Targ. How that plays out I'm not sure of, but it looks like, Dany is leaning toward helping, Jon and herself out. Tyrion, may well be a "Wild Card" in the end.

I've felt the same way for a while. My only problem with that theory is I'm not sure if a show that is known for throwing huge curveballs is going to end in a way that so many feel it will. I almost feel Martin will do it differently just to fuck with us.

Still Servant
08-12-2017, 06:14 PM

I've felt the same way for a while. My only problem with that theory is I'm not sure if a show that is known for throwing huge curveballs is going to end in a way that so many feel it will. I almost feel Martin will do it differently just to fuck with us.

Merlin1958
08-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Could be you are right. We will see, yes?

Lookwhoitis
08-12-2017, 06:30 PM
I almost feel Martin will do it differently just to fuck with us.

This... :D

fernandito
08-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Biggest reveal of yesterday's ep? Annulment! Jon is now officially the most law-eligible Westerosi to take the Iron Throne. The show double dipped with Jon's lineage by showing him bonding with Drogon.

Also does anyone in the show have it comin' any more than Littlefinger does? I can't wait for his comeuppance. I hope it's brutal and drawn out, though. Preferable involving Arya tricking him with a No Face.

fernandito
08-14-2017, 08:11 AM
Also, at this point we've all just kinda said "fuck it" to the characters instant-traveling all over the globe, right? lol

allasorte
08-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Also, at this point we've all just kinda said "fuck it" to the characters instant-traveling all over the globe, right? lol

I'm disappointed. This season is moving too quickly. It is missing the story telling from the past seasons. I still love the show, but it would be nice to see more character driven dialogue like before. I'm not a fan of all the teleport characters. The show this season is almost over.

Merlin1958
08-14-2017, 06:27 PM

I'm disappointed. This season is moving too quickly. It is missing the story telling from the past seasons. I still love the show, but it would be nice to see more character driven dialogue like before. I'm not a fan of all the teleport characters. The show this season is almost over.

IDK, I kinda feel like this is finally the pay off for all the previous seasons. There have been some incredible episodes so far, JMHO

Lookwhoitis
08-14-2017, 07:16 PM

IDK, I kinda feel like this is finally the pay off for all the previous seasons. There have been some incredible episodes so far, JMHO

I'm digging it as well. We will get the MEAT when we read the book :D

Still Servant
08-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Biggest reveal of yesterday's ep? Annulment! Jon is now officially the most law-eligible Westerosi to take the Iron Throne. The show double dipped with Jon's lineage by showing him bonding with Drogon.

They're laying it on thick, but it's still pretty freakin' cool.

Also does anyone in the show have it comin' any more than Littlefinger does? I can't wait for his comeuppance. I hope it's brutal and drawn out, though. Preferable involving Arya tricking him with a No Face.

On the show right now? Nope. Not even close. You wanna' know how I would do it. Sansa lures Littlefinger into her chambers. Littlefinger is the only thing little about him as he's about to have sex with his prized possession. Sansa drops her cloak and now he's just going bonkers. They start going at it. Finally, he pulls back and it's Arya. The slice of his neck is swift and precise. Leaving Littlefinger with that smirk frozen on his face. I don't remember how old Arya is supposed to be at this point, so we might no be able to do that.

Yeah, nobody has any time for that noise.

allasorte
08-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Episode 6 was leaked, and of course I had to see it. If you have heard about script leaks, they are mostly accurate. All I will say is, best episode by far this season and when everyone sees it, I have a question that really bothers me.

Shannon
08-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Damn, what a great episode. Out of everything that could have happened, I didn't even think about THAT in all of my pondering. Damn, lol

Still Servant
08-20-2017, 06:16 PM
That moment when there's a literal explosion of ice and fire. Well done.

allasorte
08-20-2017, 07:23 PM
A spear. One spear. A spear. Let that sink in. I don't know. I get the whole magic thing, sort of, but the whole three headed Targaryen symbolism thing kind of goes out the window now.
I did love the episode, but a little hurt as to, "now what the hell do the living do?"

cit74
08-21-2017, 06:06 AM
My assumption is that Jon will now have to find and kill that specific white walker who raised the dragon...

Shannon
08-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Its funny, when this season started, I remember telling my dad that Dany's side was ridiculously overpowered. The Dothraki, the Unsullied, Highgarden, Greyjoys, Dorne, Spider, Tyrion, oh, and three fire-breathibg dragons.

I've never been so wrong, so quickly, in my life, lol.

Merlin1958
08-21-2017, 11:54 AM
So, I'm guessing we now have an "Ice" dragon?

allasorte
08-21-2017, 01:19 PM

Yes and I'm guessing blue fire.
Curious about the three eyed raven telling Bran, :you will never walk, but you will fly." Perhaps warging into a dead dragon?

Merlin1958
08-21-2017, 01:21 PM

Curious about the three eyed raven telling Bran, :you will never walk, but you will fly." Perhaps warging into a dead dragon?

Perhaps., or a living one or, even cooler, a super one created from a raven? just spitballing here.

fernandito
08-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Guys. Yesterday's episode annoyed the shit out of me.

The plan to capture an ice zombie always seemed a little idiotic to me, but last night cemented it. The writers needed an excuse for Viserion to show up North of the Wall and get turned by the Night King, unfortunately this meant Jon & Co. had to make bonehead decision after bonehead decision to get there. And that shot of the 5 of them fending off literally HUNDREDS of Wights without casualties just took me out of the scene completely.

Back in Winterfell, we have Arya and Sansa at each other's throats over a piece of evidence that involves Littlefinger. Littlefinger, who wrote the book on Manipulation. Are you telling me that Arya, who has been presented as one of the sharpest characters of the series, can't see that something is amiss?

Look, I know Bran is busy sitting in a tower being mopey all day, but he can't take 5 minutes of his busy schedule to divulge critical bits of information to keep them from killing each other?

And don't even get me started on all the teleportation going on. They must have shot that raven up with cocaine to get him to King's Landing so quickly.

This season has been extremely sloppy. I'm having trouble enjoying the Wow moments because the route we've taken to get there has been.. yikes.

Lookwhoitis
08-21-2017, 04:01 PM

Bran is the Night King. he will fly on the Ice Dragon

Lookwhoitis
08-21-2017, 04:18 PM
Back in Winterfell, we have Arya and Sansa at each other's throats over a piece of evidence that involves Littlefinger. Littlefinger, who wrote the book on Manipulation. Are you telling me that Arya, who has been presented as one of the sharpest characters of the series, can't see that something is amiss?

Look, I know Bran is busy sitting in a tower being mopey all day, but he can't take 5 minutes of his busy schedule to divulge critical bits of information to keep them from killing each other?

I have been having this argument with a friend by text. He thinks Littlefinger is fully in control. I do not think he is. Not only does Arya not see that something is amiss, she is multiple steps ahead of him. Anyone who does not think Arya is manipulating the manipulator is about to get Gamed.

All you have to do is: Follow the Cats Paw dagger. The dagger is very important. If you notice Arya GIVES the dagger to Sansa after their argument. This shows that she is a step (or three) ahead of Littlefinger. She KNOWS that Littlefinger has planted the scroll to try and engender an impasse between the sisters. Arya is graduating from being a little girl with a Kill List to someone who is actually playing the Great Game and using all of her Faceless Man skills in doing so. My guess is that Arya KNOWS that Littlefinger is false and is ALREADY setting him up to take the cats paw in the belly, which will be delivered by SANSA, after she lures him into her bed with the promise of that forbidden Stark woman poonanney that Littlefinger so covets. Littlefinger is a master manipulator and he will be wary as all get out but when he starts thinking with the little head over the big head, he is destined to fall. Arya KNOWS this and her behavior and actions are just a "part" that she is playing for ALL to see, just like the Mummers that she shadowed in Bravos. But her true motivation (the assassination of Baelish) is being set up and will be carried out in the near future. Arya is on point and anyone who doesn't see that better watch out for the Cats Paw

and as for Bran He sees the big Picture and knows all. He is also most probably the Night King

fernandito
08-21-2017, 04:25 PM

I have been having this argument with a friend by text. He thinks Littlefinger is fully in control. I do not think he is. Not only does Arya not see that something is amiss, she is multiple steps ahead of him. Anyone who does not think Arya is manipulating the manipulator is about to get Gamed.

All you have to do is: Follow the Cats Paw dagger. The dagger is very important. If you notice Arya GIVES the dagger to Sansa after their argument. This shows that she is a step (or three) ahead of Littlefinger. She KNOWS that Littlefinger has planted the scroll to try and engender an impasse between the sisters. Arya is graduating from being a little girl with a Kill List to someone who is actually playing the Great Game and using all of her Faceless Man skills in doing so. My guess is that Arya KNOWS that Littlefinger is false and is ALREADY setting him up to take the cats paw in the belly, which will be delivered by SANSA, after she lures him into her bed with the promise of that forbidden Stark woman poonanney that Littlefinger so covets. Littlefinger is a master manipulator and he will be wary as all get out but when he starts thinking with the little head over the big head, he is destined to fall. Arya KNOWS this and her behavior and actions are just a "part" that she is playing for ALL to see, just like the Mummers that she shadowed in Bravos. But her true motivation (the assassination of Baelish) is being set up and will be carried out in the near future. Arya is on point and anyone who doesn't see that better watch out for the Cats Paw

and as for Bran He sees the big Picture and knows all. He is also most probably the Night King

I thought about your post too, and that's the only answer I'll accept. Arya needs to be the one gaming the gamer or this whole thing has been stupid.

Also, you don't need to Spoilerize your titles dude. It's already in the subject title. :)

fernandito
08-21-2017, 04:26 PM
And I've read the Bran = Night King theory before, but I just don't see it. Would be a total mindfuck though.

Tommy
08-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Just read this article about The Night King, interesting that he probably knew the whole thing was going to happen....

This theory about The Night King is more terrifying than anything in Game of Thrones (https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/this-theory-about-the-night-king-is-more-terrifying-than-anything-in-game-of-thrones-138883)

Shannon
08-22-2017, 12:01 AM
I want to play a Game of Thrones game after this season is over. Everyone that plays puts in $20, winner takes all, second place gets their money back, some goes to the Haven Foundation, etc etc, whatever you guys want. Anyway, premise is this: For the final season, lots of people will die. I will make a list of all the relevant characters, and then everyone will fill out the list by choosing who kills them. And then to break the tie, you also choose who sits on the Throne and/or other positions (Hand, Night's Watch, etc) ... Just spitballing here, but this sounds kind of awesome in my head. Any takers?

stroppygoblin
08-22-2017, 12:42 AM
And don't even get me started on all the teleportation going on. They must have shot that raven up with cocaine to get him to King's Landing so quickly.

That battle was closer to the wall than you might think. Watch this nearly continuous scene from Bran's vision (which showed the white walkers congregating on the battle spot). Travel on foot through this terrain is long and hard, but when you literally go "as the crow flies" it's much, much quicker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJQiY5nLGc

fernandito
08-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Just read this article about The Night King, interesting that he probably knew the whole thing was going to happen....

This theory about The Night King is more terrifying than anything in Game of Thrones (https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/this-theory-about-the-night-king-is-more-terrifying-than-anything-in-game-of-thrones-138883)

The Night King with greensight makes a lot of sense, and makes an already immensely formidable enemy even more terrifying.

To the article's point, there was an element of inevitability in the way that battle played out. The Night King was not surprised in the least to see Dany swoop in with her dragons. Hell, he even had a spear on-hand nearby.

Tommy
08-22-2017, 09:51 AM

The Night King with greensight makes a lot of sense, and makes an already immensely formidable enemy even more terrifying.

To the article's point, there was an element of inevitability in the way that battle played out. The Night King was not surprised in the least to see Dany swoop in with her dragons. Hell, he even had a spear on-hand nearby.

And miles of chain to recover the downed dragon.

About the discrepancies in time that seem to be happening, one comment I read suggested that Bran might be manipulating time as well to suit his purposes. Interesting but another stretch.

fernandito
08-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Yeah, that's a stretch. There has been no indication thus far that he's able to manipulate time, only able to observe events.

Shannon
08-22-2017, 12:25 PM
I find it strange that while the Fire God and the Walkers are different, they both give their leaders the ability to bring people back from the dead.

Tommy
08-22-2017, 12:32 PM
I find it strange that while the Fire God and the Walkers are different, they both give their leaders the ability to bring people back from the dead.

The Drowned God also offers resurrection and in a round about sort of way so does the God of Many Faces.

fernandito
08-22-2017, 12:36 PM

That's a good observation. I read this article a while back focusing on the relationship between Game of Thrones and the notion of faith/religion, and how each of the Starks (minus Sansa) are now imbued with powers associated with their affiliation

Jon - Lord of Light - Resurrection
Bran - Old Gods - Greensight
Arya - Faceless God - Impersonation

I wonder what - if any - impact these religions will have during the final stretch beyond the magical properties these and other characters have experienced thus far.

Still Servant
08-22-2017, 04:37 PM
Guys. Yesterday's episode annoyed the shit out of me.

The plan to capture an ice zombie always seemed a little idiotic to me, but last night cemented it. The writers needed an excuse for Viserion to show up North of the Wall and get turned by the Night King, unfortunately this meant Jon & Co. had to make bonehead decision after bonehead decision to get there. And that shot of the 5 of them fending off literally HUNDREDS of Wights without casualties just took me out of the scene completely.

This season has been extremely sloppy. I'm having trouble enjoying the Wow moments because the route we've taken to get there has been.. yikes.

I can see where you're coming from with these. Honestly, I'm going to sound like a hypocrite because I kill The Walking Dead for doing some of this shit. I'm not sure why, but it hasn't bothered me in the least on GoT.

I know you are specifically referring to the point when it was just the 5 of them, but they did lose a few no names before that and Thoros. Those 5 aren't your normal warriors and they aren't exactly fighting skilled foes. It's just so badass it doesn't bother me.

At the end of the day, a lot of these issues are a byproduct of convenience. It's just impossible to get to the points they want to in 7 episodes. If this were the books, it would take up dozens of chapters. I certainly can see why it's annoying though.

fernandito
08-23-2017, 11:07 AM
At the end of the day, a lot of these issues are a byproduct of convenience. It's just impossible to get to the points they want to in 7 episodes. If this were the books, it would take up dozens of chapters. I certainly can see why it's annoying though.
This begs the question; why did HBO cut the seasons so short? Couldn't they have given 2 full seasons to allow the final stretch room to breath?

I mean it's not like they have another premium series waiting in the wings to take over after the show ends.

Lookwhoitis
08-23-2017, 12:22 PM
This begs the question; why did HBO cut the seasons so short? Couldn't they have given 2 full seasons to allow the final stretch room to breath?

I mean it's not like they have another premium series waiting in the wings to take over after the show ends.

Budget, dude... Budget.

This is the most expensive tv series ever made.

In effect the season is actually split in two because they need more production time because it is Winter (and they are shooting during actual real snow filled months). You still have one thirteen episode season. It is just split over two years to give them more production time to shoot it.

There can not be two thirteen episode seasons because it would be too expensive.

ICry4Oy
08-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Absolutely loved the banter between The Hound and the Ginger!

Still Servant
08-23-2017, 03:42 PM

Budget, dude... Budget.

In effect the season is actually split in two because they need more production time because it is Winter (and they are shooting during actual real snow filled months). You still have one thirteen episode season. It is just split over two years to give them more production time to shoot it.

There can not be two thirteen episode seasons because it would be too expensive.

Indeed it is, but it's also raking in FU money. It's the biggest show on the planet right now. The revenue they're bringing in through merchandise alone has to be through the roof. The biggest culprit is the dragons. The CGI is so expensive and they've been on a lot this year.

I think the better question is what's the rush to end the series? They could have done 7 episodes, but taken their time with things a little more. It shocked me to hear that they were only doing 2 more seasons after last year. Shows like this are usually milked for every cent. It would have also allowed Martin to catch up.

Tommy
08-24-2017, 01:24 AM
Game of Thrones director admits there’s a glaring problem with Beyond the Wall episode (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/08/23/game-thrones-director-admits-glaring-problem-beyond-wall-episode/)

allasorte
08-24-2017, 02:28 AM
Game of Thrones director admits there’s a glaring problem with Beyond the Wall episode (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/08/23/game-thrones-director-admits-glaring-problem-beyond-wall-episode/)
I am not a sucker for "plausible impossibilities."
:nope:

webstar1000
08-24-2017, 02:45 AM
Sorry guys... I watched this and drew a blank. Who saved Snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bev Vincent
08-24-2017, 04:30 AM
Absolutely loved the banter between The Hound and the Ginger!

I also liked the banter between Tormund and Jon Snow. "You've never seen the south." "I've been to Winterfell." "That's the north." Tormund: Phthththtth.

Bev Vincent
08-24-2017, 04:32 AM
Sorry guys... I watched this and drew a blank. Who saved Snow?

Uncle Benjen Stark, the First Ranger of the Night Watch who faced the white walkers in the very first episode of season 1. He also helped Bran and Meera get back through the wall.

RUBE
08-24-2017, 12:07 PM
For those asking about the number of episodes left, it doesn't have anything to do with budget. The producers of the show decided that they wanted seven seasons to tell the story they wanted. HBO didn't want their cash cow to go away. They compromised on two shorter seasons. The reason there is a longer wait between each season is all the extra production needed for these more epic final episodes.

Merlin1958
08-28-2017, 05:10 PM
So, what did everyone think of last nights finale?

RUBE
08-28-2017, 06:57 PM
It was good. I liked how they played Littlefinger and gave him an unceremonious death. The parts with Cersei and Tyrion and Cersei and Jamie were tense and well acted. The Euron fake out was a good twist. The "Aegon" reveal being right before "Jon" hooked up with his aunt was funny (intentionally or not.) And the ice dragon was awesome.

All and all a solid finale.

Merlin1958
08-28-2017, 07:04 PM
It was good. I liked how they played Littlefinger and gave him an unceremonious death. The parts with Cersei and Tyrion and Cersei and Jamie were tense and well acted. The Euron fake out was a good twist. The "Aegon" reveal being right before "Jon" hooked up with his aunt was funny (intentionally or not.) And the ice dragon was awesome.

All and all a solid finale.

Yeah, it was a good one IMHO

having not read the books (much to my sons' chagrin) I'm not sure of all the implications regarding. Jon & Dany. Important as I know they are!!!! What about, Tyrion? Next season?

I mean, we know, Dany is the bomb, but now what about, Jon and Tyrion? Amy thoughts?

Bev Vincent
08-29-2017, 04:34 AM
Some speculation about Tyrion's dark gaze at Dany's chamber at the end: we weren't privy to what he said to Cersei. There was a prediction that Dany would be betrayed by several people; could Tryion end up being one of them?

ELazansky
08-29-2017, 07:59 AM
The problem for me is this - with only 6 episodes left, I don't see how EVERYTHING is going to get resolved. I'll put this in a Spoiler in case some folks haven't seen the finale yet...

1) First everyone has to head North and fight the Army of the Dead. Is that entire sequence of everyone getting there and waging war going to be one episode?
2) After that battle/war completes, does the entire army (assuming the Westerosi win) then have to head South again and fight Cersei and her Golden Company?
3) What about Winterfell and the Starks? What does Bran have to do with what's to come?

and a thousand other plot lines to go...

webstar1000
08-29-2017, 08:13 AM
The problem for me is this - with only 6 episodes left, I don't see how EVERYTHING is going to get resolved. I'll put this in a Spoiler in case some folks haven't seen the finale yet...

1) First everyone has to head North and fight the Army of the Dead. Is that entire sequence of everyone getting there and waging war going to be one episode?
2) After that battle/war completes, does the entire army (assuming the Westerosi win) then have to head South again and fight Cersei and her Golden Company?
3) What about Winterfell and the Starks? What does Bran have to do with what's to come?

and a thousand other plot lines to go...

My BIGGEST issue with this show. The abundance of plot lines to keep straight. At times I feel lost... lol

fernandito
08-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Finale was a solid episode in an otherwise messy season. Its pretty clear that the show is growing through shrinking pains. It currently has more superfluous characters than it knows what to do with (Does anyone really care what happens with Theon or Yara at this point?), and they're having to fit narrative square pegs into triangle shaped holes to eliminate many of them. Unfortunately, this can make for occasionally sloppy writing.

In the win column -- how fucking cool was it to see the Night King storming in on Ice Viserion!? I had a conversation with my co worker who said that the Wall went down way too easily, I countered saying that we weren't going to sit there for 45 minutes while Viserion chipped away at the Wall. I mean, we got the point.

While I wish Littlefinger's comeuppance had been prolonged a little, it was immensely satisfying watching him grovel right before his death. The Arya vs Sansa vehicle we used to get there was clunky, but seeing them present a unified front in the end made it worthwhile.

And we also finally got Jon and Dany getting it ooooooonnnnnn. Not sure if it was intentional, but lol @ Bran's narration over a scene of them having steamy butt secks.

Tommy
08-29-2017, 01:34 PM
I just read the final season is postponed for 2 years. :( I didn't know that until now, damn!

allasorte
08-29-2017, 04:25 PM
I just read the final season is postponed for 2 years. :( I didn't know that until now, damn!

I heard they are supposed to start filming the final season in 2 weeks. Huh? That is a lot of filming for simply 6 episodes with too much to cover.

DoctorZaius
08-29-2017, 04:33 PM

I heard they are supposed to start filming the final season in 2 weeks. Huh? That is a lot of filming for simply 6 episodes with too much to cover.

Absolute BS. This is HBO's way of keeping its subscribers longer than many may want to stay once GOT is gone.

Still Servant
08-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Solid finale. The season just flew by. 7 episodes felt like 2 weeks.

There certainly are a lot of threads and I'm worried about how they are all going to get wrapped up. I will say that seeing all of those characters in one place was pretty awesome. They all seemed to have history with one another. The season wasn't perfect, but it really made me yearn for the next book even more.

Tommy
08-30-2017, 06:48 AM
Interesting.....

Here's why Cersei and Bronn never share a scene together in Game of Thrones (https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/heres-why-cersei-and-bronn-never-share-a-scene-together-in-game-of-thrones-599779)

Still Servant
08-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Interesting.....

Here's why Cersei and Bronn never share a scene together in Game of Thrones (https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/heres-why-cersei-and-bronn-never-share-a-scene-together-in-game-of-thrones-599779)

I remember hearing that a while ago and thinking that it was pretty hilarious. Honestly, I also heard that Headey is a pain in the ass and hard to get along with.

Lookwhoitis
08-30-2017, 11:29 PM
For those asking about the number of episodes left, it doesn't have anything to do with budget. The producers of the show decided that they wanted seven seasons to tell the story they wanted. HBO didn't want their cash cow to go away. They compromised on two shorter seasons. The reason there is a longer wait between each season is all the extra production needed for these more epic final episodes.

You know nothing, Snow :D

Lookwhoitis
08-30-2017, 11:38 PM

Budget, dude... Budget.

Indeed it is, but it's also raking in FU money. It's the biggest show on the planet right now. The revenue they're bringing in through merchandise alone has to be through the roof. The biggest culprit is the dragons. The CGI is so expensive and they've been on a lot this year.

I think the better question is what's the rush to end the series? They could have done 7 episodes, but taken their time with things a little more. It shocked me to hear that they were only doing 2 more seasons after last year. Shows like this are usually milked for every cent. It would have also allowed Martin to catch up.

You also have to remember that this is the most stolen show in the history of recorded media.

It is all about the budget.

webstar1000
08-31-2017, 03:26 AM

Budget, dude... Budget.

You also have to remember that this is the most stolen show in the history of recorded media.

It is all about the budget.

I am pretty sure I read that it was the Walking Dead and Thrones is second.

Tommy
08-31-2017, 03:30 AM
I have a question about Euron and Cersei. When the gathered crowd see the wight for the first time, Euron leaves and Cersei calls him a coward etc. Later, Cersei reveals it was a scam and that Euron was still working for her. My question is, how did they know to prepare for that if Cersei was not a believer and both she and Euron had no clue what was going to come out of that box?

becca69
08-31-2017, 03:45 AM
This is the best thing to come out of the last episode!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/949/Funko-Game-Of-Thrones-NIght-King-Pop-Ride.jpg

Bev Vincent
08-31-2017, 04:09 AM
How about this? The sigil of house Stark.

[https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/UikY-FGjMG8B9LK4o1FKJkRqxE4/fit-in/2048xorig/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2017/08/30/827/n/1922283/tmp_vRqhhU_6f6d8975da03605e_wolf.jpg

becca69
08-31-2017, 05:49 AM
That's cool Bev. I didn't even notice when I watched. Thought it was an arrow.

allasorte
08-31-2017, 04:19 PM
I have a question about Euron and Cersei. When the gathered crowd see the wight for the first time, Euron leaves and Cersei calls him a coward etc. Later, Cersei reveals it was a scam and that Euron was still working for her. My question is, how did they know to prepare for that if Cersei was not a believer and both she and Euron had no clue what was going to come out of that box?

Cersei was preparing for war against Dany and needed the gold from Highgarden. When they got the gold to pay off the crown's debt they were going to use credit from the Bank and buy an army from the east. My assumption then is that the golden company army needed to go west somehow, so Euron would pick them up. Makes sense then? That is how I interpreted it.

fernandito
08-31-2017, 04:45 PM

She must have told him that whatever happened at the meeting, he'd need to find a reason to storm off.

The Golden Company has been her target all along.

Tommy
08-31-2017, 07:32 PM

Cersei was preparing for war against Dany and needed the gold from Highgarden. When they got the gold to pay off the crown's debt they were going to use credit from the Bank and buy an army from the east. My assumption then is that the golden company army needed to go west somehow, so Euron would pick them up. Makes sense then? That is how I interpreted it.

Yeah I got that, my point was why the little scam they played. I suppose to make Cersei look weaker than she was but still....

Tommy
08-31-2017, 07:33 PM

She must have told him that whatever happened at the meeting, he'd need to find a reason to storm off.

The Golden Company has been her target all along.

I suppose but what if nothing of importance had happened? It's kind of murky to me.

Tommy
09-01-2017, 03:08 PM
I like this....

Where Melisandre Went on "Game of Thrones" Could Reveal a Huge Twist (http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a12150706/where-melisandre-went-on-game-of-thrones-could-reveal-a-huge-twist/)

Tommy
09-06-2017, 10:02 PM
This is also interesting....

The Hidden Pattern in 'Game of Thrones' Deaths That Everyone Missed—Yes, Even You (http://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a12183235/game-of-thrones-character-death-pattern-reddit/)

Ben Staad
10-04-2017, 06:19 AM
Finally watched the entire season. It was clunky in many places and I found that many characters seemed to act a little off compared to previous seasons. Still a great mini season and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Time to cancel HBO until next season.

Still Servant
10-05-2017, 05:03 PM
Time to cancel HBO until next season.

Do you watch Westworld?

Ben Staad
10-06-2017, 04:33 AM

Do you watch Westworld?

We tried it and didn't like it much. I think we watched the first 3-4 episodes and called it quits.

becca69
10-06-2017, 06:56 AM

Do you watch Westworld?

We tried it and didn't like it much. I think we watched the first 3-4 episodes and called it quits.

OMG, Westworld is amazing! You should try again. It just builds on itself.

Still Servant
10-06-2017, 03:30 PM

Do you watch Westworld?

It does get better, but you're right to cancel. Other than those two shows, there's really not a whole lot else right now. Although I do enjoy Vice Principals.

Heather19
10-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Curb Your Enthusiasm just started back up!!! You can't cancel yet :D

fernandito
11-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Idk if it's because I've seen it pop up everywhere multiple times, but I'm slowly starting to subscribe to the 'Bran is actually the Night King' theory.

I can't connect the dots to make total logistical sense of it, but many stories which use the time travel plot device normally end in bittersweet fashion.

What if in trying to prevent the war from ever happening Bran wargs into the Night King and is unable to prevent the cycle of icy violence? Wouldn't that be something..

Still Servant
11-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Idk if it's because I've seen it pop up everywhere multiple times, but I'm slowly starting to subscribe to the 'Bran is actually the Night King' theory.

I can't connect the dots to make total logistical sense of it, but many stories which use the time travel plot device normally end in bittersweet fashion.

What if in trying to prevent the war from ever happening Bran wargs into the Night King and is unable to prevent the cycle of icy violence? Wouldn't that be something..

Oh, it'd be something alright. Honestly, if this ends up being true, they are going to have a hell of a time explaining it to the audience. Best of luck.

mae
06-08-2018, 02:14 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/951523-game-of-thrones-prequel-pilot-greenlit-at-hbo

As cast and crew continue wrapping up production on the final season of Game of Thrones, HBO has announced that the Game of Thrones prequel pilot from author and co-executive producer George R.R. Martin and writer Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, Kingsman) has been greenlit by the network!

The big-budgeted spinoff is created by Goldman and Martin and written by Goldman based on a story by her and Martin, the untitled pilot takes the prequel concept to a new level as it is set thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones. The series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.

Goldman is serving as showrunner and will executive produce alongside Martin as well as fellow Game of Thrones executive producer Vince Gerardis and co-creator/executive producer Daniel Zelman (Damages, Bloodline).

The untitled project from Martin and Goldman is one of five Game of Thrones prequels HBO had put in development, signing deals with five writers to join Marin in the development and writing of five spinoffs of the blockbuster fantasy series that don’t feature Game of Thrones characters. The other four writers are Max Borenstein, Brian Helgeland, Cary Wray, and Bryan Cogman. The other scripts have yet to be greenlit, but there doesn’t appear to be any rush or pressure to do so right away.

While no additional details have been released, HBO’s desire to keep the final season of Game of Thrones separate and its own before launching the spinoffs may mean a 2020 launch for the prequel pilot.

In addition to the final season of Game of Thrones, HBO’s drama series slate includes Westworld, currently airing season two and renewed for a third season, the recently premiered Succession, the upcoming Sharp Objects limited series starring Amy Adams, the J.J. Abrams’ recently ordered Demimonde, season three of True Detective and the second seasons of Big Little Lies and The Deuce.

Other HBO drama pilot also includes Damon Lindeloff’s Watchmen, Zandaya’s Euphoria, and J.J. Abrams and Jordan Peele’s Lovecraft Country.

Still Servant
06-10-2018, 05:04 PM
You guys do realize this now that we are never getting those final two books, right?

allasorte
06-10-2018, 05:15 PM
You guys do realize this now that we are never getting those final two books, right?

I think you have a better chance finding Bigfoot, then getting at least one new book. :cry:

fernandito
06-11-2018, 08:37 AM
If we get those final two books I'd be pleasantly surprised. Not expecting them at this point in time, tho.

allasorte
06-11-2018, 04:39 PM
If we get those final two books I'd be pleasantly surprised. Not expecting them at this point in time, tho.

Perhaps Martin has no clue what to right next or his final ending. Maybe he is trolling tons of fan fiction and youtube theories and when he finally reads something clever and intriguing, he will know how to finish what he started. It can happen............

Merlin1958
06-12-2018, 11:10 AM

Perhaps Martin has no clue what to right next or his final ending. Maybe he is trolling tons of fan fiction and youtube theories and when he finally reads something clever and intriguing, he will know how to finish what he started. It can happen............

I think he is writing the ending through the screenplays, JMHO

skingcalls
08-20-2018, 03:09 AM
GRRM needs to catch up. The show is moving to its climax.

Still Servant
08-21-2018, 04:40 PM

This may be your first post of what's hopefully many, but truer words will never be written here.

fernandito
08-22-2018, 10:12 AM
At this point I think we all know that the show will air and be complete before we ever get a whiff of book 6.

Merlin1958
08-22-2018, 11:34 AM
At this point I think we all know that the show will air and be complete before we ever get a whiff of book 6.

If, you get a book 6!!!!

DanHocker
08-22-2018, 11:35 AM
If anyone is interested, I'm giving away some Game of Thrones stuff over on the CD board.

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/showthread.php?3146-Game-of-Thrones-GIVEAWAY

fernandito
08-22-2018, 01:10 PM

If, you get a book 6!!!!

Lol. Good point!

allasorte
08-22-2018, 01:57 PM

This may be your first post of what's hopefully many, but truer words will never be written here.

You both have written more words then Martin regarding any content of a next book :(.

fernandito
03-05-2019, 09:11 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Game of Thrones - Season 8 Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=114&v=rlR4PJn8b8I)

Melike
03-10-2019, 06:06 AM
It has already been insanely difficult to wait. But after the trailer, it became a torture. Who could possibly Arya be so afraid of!?

allasorte
03-10-2019, 07:40 AM
It has already been insanely difficult to wait. But after the trailer, it became a torture. Who could possibly Arya be so afraid of!?

The dead or a dream? She seems so calm and cool now in the show that I find it hard to believe she is that frightened. We will see when it happens.

Still Servant
03-10-2019, 03:48 PM
Does anyone think they will incorporate Nymeria at all, or has the ship sailed? I think it might be too hard for the audience to grasp that.

I guess we will know if and when we see a Previously On and they show the scene from season one where Arya throws a rock at Nymeria to get her to run away.

allasorte
03-10-2019, 05:34 PM
Does anyone think they will incorporate Nymeria at all, or has the ship sailed? I think it might be too hard for the audience to grasp that.

I guess we will know if and when we see a Previously On and they show the scene from season one where Arya throws a rock at Nymeria to get her to run away.

She is leading that wolf pack menacing the land in the book, so who knows. I still feel more development and dialogue to extend the last season and this one to 10 episodes would have been ideal. Adding "talk" and attacks of the wolf pack and not seeing Nymeria because of budget constraints could have been intriguing. But what do I know. I really wanted all the mysterious deaths in Winterfell. That was a great story line.

Still Servant
03-11-2019, 06:56 PM

She is leading that wolf pack menacing the land in the book, so who knows. I still feel more development and dialogue to extend the last season and this one to 10 episodes would have been ideal. Adding "talk" and attacks of the wolf pack and not seeing Nymeria because of budget constraints could have been intriguing. But what do I know. I really wanted all the mysterious deaths in Winterfell. That was a great story line.

I suck. It dawned on me in the middle of the night that we have seen Nymeria.

I'm not sure what I was thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5tLgcmEWfY

mae
04-07-2019, 08:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8EF3X8EI2o

Still Servant
04-11-2019, 04:26 PM
I'd watch all of these.

Merlin1958
04-14-2019, 03:50 PM
Well, here we go folks. After all the waiting, the hype and speculation the final season premiere is a little over an hour away!!! Pop, that popcorn, ice them drinks and get your favorite pillow. Game of Thrones is almost here!!! Be sure to get those last minute predictions in now!!! LOL Who will end up on the Iron Throne?????

Kingfan24
04-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Well if the first episode is any indication of quality I’m a little concerned. It was extremely slow for a show coming to an ultimate end. Very little new info, horrible stupid writing (keep your Queen warm... I mean COME ON!!), and just not a coherent sense of story.

TnTzDad
04-14-2019, 06:47 PM
Well if the first episode is any indication of quality I’m a little concerned. It was extremely slow for a show coming to an ultimate end. Very little new info, horrible stupid writing (keep your Queen warm... I mean COME ON!!), and just not a coherent sense of story.

So it wasn't just me...

Earl of Popkin
04-14-2019, 07:08 PM
Only thing that dragon date was missing was Margot Kidder asking if you could read my mind

Garrell
04-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Was slow

Shannon
04-14-2019, 11:55 PM
I didn't mind the slowness of the episode, I was internally giddy just to have the show back.

So ... would you guys be interested in a friendly little wager about the outcome of the show? Deaths, killers, fates, winner(s), events?

fernandito
04-15-2019, 06:50 AM
First episodes are typically a little slow, they're getting all the pieces aligned for the madness to come.

Bev Vincent
04-15-2019, 08:06 AM
I was worried that, after such a lengthy hiatus, I might feel lost, but I didn't. The episode did a good job of telling us all where the major players are and what's at stake.

Merlin1958
04-15-2019, 11:45 AM
First episodes are typically a little slow, they're getting all the pieces aligned for the madness to come.

I was worried that, after such a lengthy hiatus, I might feel lost, but I didn't. The episode did a good job of telling us all where the major players are and what's at stake.

Yeah, I agree. I thought it was a good return. They did have a few "WTF" moments to tie up and such. Is this going to be another 6-8 episode season? If so, on the face of it, it would seem they have a lot to wrap up in a short time.

It was great to have the show back though that's for sure!!!!

Garrell
04-15-2019, 11:53 AM
5 episodes left Bill

Merlin1958
04-15-2019, 12:01 PM

5 episodes left Bill

Really? WOW All those seasons of soap opera bullshit and they wrap it up that quick? Just when the good stuff starts going down. This could end up being very disconcerting to say the least. Lotta folks to fry in 5 episodes!!! lol lol

As long as I'm at it, any status update regarding the books? Does he plan on finishing them or will HBO be doing that for him?

I gotta say though, HBO sure knows how to film a sword and sorcery battle.

fernandito
04-15-2019, 12:31 PM
There's been nothing but radio silence from Martin regarding the release of the next 2 books. Honestly at this point its fair to wonder if he's ever going to release them. Maybe book 6 as he's presumably already written a portion of it, but all bets are off when it comes to 7.

Still Servant
04-15-2019, 03:36 PM
Yes, people, the remaining 5 episodes are going to consist of everyone just praying, making weapons and plotting. There will be no action, sorry. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I thought the episode was perfect for what it needed to be. The show has been off for almost two years. Like Fernando said, you have to reset the pieces on the game board. Refresh everyone's memory about the main players, where they are and what they are up to. I thought they did an amazing job at that.

I know people are anxious because we don't have a lot of time left, but I think if they just jumped into things in the first episode it would have felt equally out of place for me.

allasorte
04-15-2019, 04:22 PM
I felt it was spot on with all the reunions and everyone coming together for the main cause or plot. Surprised we got a couple quick reveals so early. I enjoyed it thoroughly, just disappointed we couldn't get a bunch of dialogue to extend past 6 episodes so I truly understand people feeling there isn't much time left. I am hoping it doesn't rush through to the end. We have this super villain coming and I would hate it to end with a simple swing of the blade. We will see.

Heather19
04-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Only 5 episodes left to tie everything together, that doesn't seem like enough :(

WeDealInLead
04-15-2019, 06:09 PM
5 episodes is plenty. Martin often employs this storytelling device:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/783/970/708.jpeg

IMO, Martin is simply not interested in finishing the books. He can't even say he's too busy; he published a prequel and I believe two novellas since the last book .

Maybe he lost his mojo when the show surpassed the books.

fernandito
04-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Only 5 episodes left to tie everything together, that doesn't seem like enough :(

Keep in mind that the total length of the last few episodes essentially amount to 1 long movie. So we're getting an extended cut LOTR movie to tie everything up. Plenty of time.

Merlin1958
04-16-2019, 02:25 AM

Keep in mind that the total length of the last few episodes essentially amount to 1 long movie. So we're getting an extended cut LOTR movie to tie everything up. Plenty of time.

good point

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Heather19
04-16-2019, 04:10 AM
I don't know, I feel like there is still so much more that needs to happen. Maybe I just don't want it to end :lol:

Garrell
04-16-2019, 06:12 AM
About 6 hours left, a lot to get done in that time. Gonna miss it, hope whatever spinoff they do is just as good

Kingfan24
04-16-2019, 06:33 AM
Martin will never finish the books. It’s going to be another wheel of time situation.

Garrell
04-16-2019, 07:01 AM
Yep, he even chatted with SK a few years back on how to write faster. If you are not writing then just picking up a pen would be a start.

fernandito
04-16-2019, 09:31 AM
About 6 hours left, a lot to get done in that time. Gonna miss it, hope whatever spinoff they do is just as good

I feel that the one thing that will get short changed is the exploration of the different religions in Westeros. One of the most intriguing aspects of the show to me was the way these different religions and ideologies collided across the globe and how some of them had very real, practical applications in the living world - the flaming swords, the blood magic, the resurrections etc.,

I was hoping the show would delve a little more into why all of these religions seemingly had an ethereal foothold in the living world and how that conflicted (or united) with the spiritual threads running throughout the show. Its no coincidence that all of the remaining Stark children have been aligned with different deities - Bran with the Greenseer, Jon with the Red God, Sansa with the Seven, Arya with the Faceless God etc.,

Would like to see something more on that but sadly I feel it end up getting the short end of the pointy stick.

fernandito
04-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Apologize if this is a dumb question - I thought only Targaryens could ride dragons? So how was The Night King able to ride one of them?

or does his white walker resurrection magic negate all that?

Merlin1958
04-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Apologize if this is a dumb question - I thought only Targaryens could ride dragons? So how was The Night King able to ride one of them?

Jon is a targareyen. He is, Danys nephew.

allasorte
04-16-2019, 04:02 PM

That would be my guess. All bets are off because the dragon is dead.

Merlin1958
04-16-2019, 06:02 PM

Jon is a targareyen. He is, Danys nephew.

That would be my guess. All bets are off because the dragon is dead.

My apologies I totally mis-read your question. What an ass. lol

Yeah, I would think that the whole "White Walker/Night King" status/magic would negate that restriction and as you've said "all bets are off".

Of course, who's to say that the "Night King" wasn't originally from the Targaryen line in life, right? I suppose it's possible. That factor might even be a neat twist in the end, ya know?

Perhaps more to the point, whatever power/magic that the "Night King" employs to reanimate the dead also gives him complete control of whatever entity he is bringing back. That would seem to be already confirmed in what we have witnessed so far, no?

Still Servant
04-18-2019, 05:11 PM

That's because the Night King is Rhaegar Targaryen. Everybody knows this.

RUBE
04-21-2019, 08:23 PM
Next week is going to be intense. This episode felt like goodbye for a lot of characters.

Random prediction: That little girl is actually going to protect someone when the dead in the crypts start rising.

JK, that would be too messed up because it means Arya would have to kill a headless Ned wight.

Merlin1958
04-21-2019, 09:57 PM
Next week is going to be intense. This episode felt like goodbye for a lot of characters.

Random prediction: That little girl is actually going to protect someone when the dead in the crypts start rising.

JK, that would be too messed up because it means Arya would have to kill a headless Ned wight.

I don't really know what to say about this episode either. Yes, in the second of 5 remaining episodes they appeared to be saying good bye to just about everyone. Then there was that 30 seconds at the end where Jon tells Dany that they are Aunt and Nephew, which fell kinda flat and went nowhere as far as a response pretty much.

There are now only 3 episodes left to wrap up 7 prior seasons of intrigue and drama? Yes, Rube shit is gonna have to get pretty fucking intense!!! You have to figure they have some sort of last minute twist (ala the Battle of the Bastards) to tie a bow on this, but other than Cercia showing up (which would seem really contrived) I don't have an inclining as to what they have in store. You would also think that at least one episode will be comprised mostly of epilogue material. It just doesn't look good for the future and I'm not really enamored with what has transpired so far.

Maybe I'm rambling and should just shut up and see what happens, but I feel disappointed two weeks in a row.

Shannon
04-21-2019, 11:33 PM

EVERY time someone in this episode mentioned the word "CRYPT" (which was at least ten times) I kept yelling at the screen. We've seen the Night King resurrect the dead before, why hasn't anyone thought about that?

Good episode, four out of five (as even an average Game of Thrones episode is still much better than an average episode of most other television shows), and originally, like Bill, I thought, how the fuck are they going to tie up all the loose ends and stick the landing? But hear me out.

Six episodes, right?

1: Opening and reunions, getting most of the main characters together in one place.
2. Strategy, goodbyes.
3. Battle against the white walkers, a few important deaths to get rid of all the characters that won't be important for the final act. Win for humans.
4. Start of the battle against Cersei.
5. Battle against Cersei, win for the good guys. Start of the end. Everyone unimportant to the endgame dies. Only people left standing will be Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, maybe Brienne.
6. Anakin's destiny with Dany going "mad," killing Sansa or Arya, and Jon having a "I have the high ground!" moment with having to kill Dany. Jon is King, the end.

There's enough time for everything, but they better stick the fucking landing.

And my last thought … apparently that was NOT a body double. Woot woot! :)

ICry4Oy
04-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Samwell ends up on the throne......or Gendry...

fernandito
04-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Wow, I loved yesterday's episode. So many character loops were closed and all of it felt earned. None of it really felt hokey or forced. Brienne's knighting, Jamie and Bran's conversation by the woods, Arya and Hound's heart to heart, Jon's revelation to Dany. A damn good episode that yes, very much felt like a goodbye to many of the characters.

Next week is going to be fucking lit, I can't wait!!

allasorte
04-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Wow, I loved yesterday's episode. So many character loops were closed and all of it felt earned. None of it really felt hokey or forced. Brienne's knighting, Jamie and Bran's conversation by the woods, Arya and Hound's heart to heart, Jon's revelation to Dany. A damn good episode that yes, very much felt like a goodbye to many of the characters.

Next week is going to be fucking lit, I can't wait!!

I enjoyed the well written dialogue and felt it all flowed nicely. I really enjoyed it. Now the carnage begins!

Still Servant
04-22-2019, 02:54 PM
EVERY time someone in this episode mentioned the word "CRYPT" (which was at least ten times) I kept yelling at the screen. We've seen the Night King resurrect the dead before, why hasn't anyone thought about that?

Brilliant!! Honestly, now I'm going to be disappointed if this doesn't happen. I think that would be so cool.

The other thing I thought about today and it literally gave me chills for like 30 seconds was Arya is in a huge fight with a bunch of wights. She's surrounded and it looks pretty dire.

Out of nowhere the wights are engulfed by a pack of direwolves led by Nymeria. I'm choking up just writing this, not even kidding. We probably won't get it, but it would be so great.

Merlin1958
04-22-2019, 03:48 PM

Good episode, four out of five (as even an average Game of Thrones episode is still much better than an average episode of most other television shows), and originally, like Bill, I thought, how the fuck are they going to tie up all the loose ends and stick the landing? But hear me out.

Six episodes, right?

1: Opening and reunions, getting most of the main characters together in one place.
2. Strategy, goodbyes.
3. Battle against the white walkers, a few important deaths to get rid of all the characters that won't be important for the final act. Win for humans.
4. Start of the battle against Cersei.
5. Battle against Cersei, win for the good guys. Start of the end. Everyone unimportant to the endgame dies. Only people left standing will be Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, maybe Brienne.
6. Anakin's destiny with Dany going "mad," killing Sansa or Arya, and Jon having a "I have the high ground!" moment with having to kill Dany. Jon is King, the end.

There's enough time for everything, but they better stick the fucking landing.

And my last thought … apparently that was NOT a body double. Woot woot! :)

I hear what you're saying, Shan and your post has definite merit. I just can't help thinking that they have written themselves into an extremely tight corner and given themselves a limited window in which to extricate themselves. So much so that it is going to require some ridiculous plot device to make you predictions come true.

I mean if they somehow do manage to defeat the dead, they are then supposed to turn around and defeat, Cersei and her massive force? All in the space of three hour long episodes and with no potential (at least that I am aware of) secret ally or talisman or what not waiting in the wings? Seems like a pretty tall task to take on IMHO. It also lends itself to some extremely disappointing way to end a long and very complicated tale with, dramatically speaking, an awful lot at stake. We shall see though.

Side Notes:Is anyone aware as to whether or not any of the remaining episodes will be extended past the typical hour? Also, maybe it's just me, but does anyone else here see the corporate hand of, AT&T behind this 5 episode, rush to judgement approach to resolving this series? It's something that has been accumulating in the back of my mind, but many lessers moves and decisions made by, AT&T since the take over lead me to believe that they have literally no basis by which to manage and profitize the, Directv part in providing entertainment and content. Perhaps they just looked at the balance sheet and decided that GoT was too expensive to continue and so directed the staff to wrap it up. Like I said there is no single thing that draws me to this type of a conclusion, but more of a collective summary of less than brilliant moves and practices that AT&T has made since buying DTV. They're too numerous to go into at this time, but for example the way they try to monetize their Pay TV, how they offer "On Demand" content from the pay channels and DTV itself and their general programming philosophy as it relates to Hollywood and the movie/TV industry. To me it is quite evident that they have no idea how to conduct themselves, develop strategy and implement programs in the entertainment industry. They still seem to conduct themselves as solely a telecommunications network provider with no handle as to how to develop and deliver content over that network. And its a damn shame too because DTV was a pretty fine player in the game and then along came AT&T and POOF it all began to disappear. From what I understand they eliminated quite a large portion of the DTV staff that had built and guided the company to the point it was at over a period of just 20 years. It amazes me that this kind of thing can still happen in the corporate world today. They seriously need a CEO of the kind like, Eisner when he had Disney back in the day. They do not seem to realize what they have in DTV and how to aim it.

Sorry, guess I got off on a bit of a ramble there!!!! lol lol But, there is truth embedded in the ramblings there somewhere!!!! lol lol lol

allasorte
04-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Bill,
I believe episode 3 and 4 are 80 minutes each

allasorte
04-22-2019, 04:03 PM
Bill,

episode 1, 54 mins
episode 2, 58 mins
episode 3, 82 mins
episode 4, 78 mins
episode 5, 80 mins
episode 6, 80 mins

Merlin1958
04-22-2019, 04:40 PM
Bill,

episode 1, 54 mins
episode 2, 58 mins
episode 3, 82 mins
episode 4, 78 mins
episode 5, 80 mins
episode 6, 80 mins

Cool, thank you very much!!

Shannon
04-22-2019, 04:48 PM
Bill,

episode 1, 54 mins
episode 2, 58 mins
episode 3, 82 mins
episode 4, 78 mins
episode 5, 80 mins
episode 6, 80 mins

Hell yeah!

Merlin1958
04-22-2019, 04:57 PM
Bill,

episode 1, 54 mins
episode 2, 58 mins
episode 3, 82 mins
episode 4, 78 mins
episode 5, 80 mins
episode 6, 80 mins

Hell yeah!

I take it you are excited by this? lol lol lol

Extended episodes is encouraging so I'll join you, Shannon with another "Fucking A"!!!!!!! :rock::rock::rock:

Garrell
04-22-2019, 05:17 PM
:cool_002:

Merlin1958
04-22-2019, 05:46 PM
:cool_002:

What do ya think, Garrel? If, Winterfell only had the "Tide" defense it would be all over? LOL LOL

Shannon
04-22-2019, 10:36 PM
Come on ... no one' died this season yet (right? right? thinking thinking … right!) so … let's place bets! I have $100 expendable Game of Thrones betting cash on me right now. Anyone interested?

Garrell
04-23-2019, 03:31 AM
Death is a process. Ned Stark will be the headless king

Heather19
04-23-2019, 04:26 AM
I'm with Bill, I'm really worried about how they're going to resolve this epic story. Even with the extended episodes, that only amounts to an extra episode, so it's still really short. Hopefully they can come to some sort of conclusion that is fulfilling yet doesn't feel rushed. We'll find out soon enough.

I enjoyed this episode and can not wait for next week. Mike that scene you described with Nymeria would be amazing. I would love it if something like that happened.

C1TIZEN_X
04-23-2019, 06:18 AM
What if Dario is with the Golden Company and somehow manages to convince them to fight for Dany?

Would make for a quick fight so they could get on with other business. Of course, that all depends on how long it takes to defeat the Night King. IF they defeat him, and IF Dany is still alive after it's over...

fernandito
04-23-2019, 09:11 AM
I read this theory about Cersei seeing the Night King flying toward her on the dragon and - thinking that Dany has finally come for her - blows up King's Landing, supplying NK with even more undead soldiers.

Kingfan24
04-23-2019, 09:21 AM
What if Dario is with the Golden Company and somehow manages to convince them to fight for Dany?

Would make for a quick fight so they could get on with other business. Of course, that all depends on how long it takes to defeat the Night King. IF they defeat him, and IF Dany is still alive after it's over...

You forget Dany has special armor that very few have. It’s called plot armor.

C1TIZEN_X
04-23-2019, 09:34 AM

You forget Dany has special armor that very few have. It’s called plot armor.

Right, but now that she knows she isn't the true heir to the throne...just saying. You never know where the writers will take this. Hell, someone has to start dying. There are only four episodes left :)

I don't think she'll die though. Maybe.

WeDealInLead
04-23-2019, 10:02 AM
Maybe she'll lose her marbles too. Crazy seems to run in her family.

RUBE
04-23-2019, 11:06 AM
I know that everyone is worried that there is not enough time left to wrap everything up but remember we are getting three more episodes than the show creators wanted to finish this.

They wanted one 10-episode season seven because they thought that was all they needed. HBO wanted more so they compromised on a seven-episode season seven and a six-episode season eight for a total of 13. This also gave them time for more filming so they can make the coming battles the longest in TV history. If D&D were correct in their estimates then we should be fine.

Of course, now that we are past the books you can see that some of their plot creations aren't the best so who knows. At least Martin confirmed that they will use his planned ending.

Garrell
04-23-2019, 11:22 AM
Martin will never actually write an ending so this will be THE version, whether it was all his or just some.

webstar1000
04-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Martin will never actually write an ending so this will be THE version, whether it was all his or just some.

never. say. never.

Garrell
04-23-2019, 11:25 AM
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER:wtf:

sentinel
04-23-2019, 12:47 PM

never. say. never.

Gossip in the publishing industry says Martin is tired of GOT and is writing other things.

DoctorZaius
04-23-2019, 01:50 PM
Episode two was one of my favorite episodes to date. Yes, there have been glorious battles, and surprising betrayals, but for sheer enjoyment of the characters themselves it was bliss. What does one do when one can't sleep because one's life is about to end, I hope to go so peacefully as these heroes to be. Loved it!!!

As for wrapping it up, I have no reservations whatsoever that it will be done well. Will we all love it? Nope, but we will all talk about it for years to come, thus solidifying GOT's status as an epic of the highest order. Can't wait.

WeDealInLead
04-23-2019, 03:17 PM

never. say. never.

Gossip in the publishing industry says Martin is tired of GOT and is writing other things.

He's written a prequel and novellas set in the same world since the last book. It seems he's lost interest in finishing the series now that the show has surpassed the events from the books.

Still Servant
04-24-2019, 04:09 PM
I read this theory about Cersei seeing the Night King flying toward her on the dragon and - thinking that Dany has finally come for her - blows up King's Landing, supplying NK with even more undead soldiers.

This plays into a theory I've seen gaining steam recently. People are saying that the Night King is headed straight to King's Landing with the zombie dragon. The rest of his army will keep Dany and her army occupied at Winterfell while the Night King lays waste to King's Landing, growing his army that much more.

While that would be bad news, the silver lining would be seeing the look on Cersei's face. :lol:

As for the remaining books, there's no way his publishing company allows him to not finish those books. I'm sure he signed a contract. They will want those books in some way, shape or form. That's just business.

webstar1000
04-24-2019, 05:00 PM

This plays into a theory I've seen gaining steam recently. People are saying that the Night King is headed straight to King's Landing with the zombie dragon. The rest of his army will keep Dany and her army occupied at Winterfell while the Night King lays waste to King's Landing, growing his army that much more.

While that would be bad news, the silver lining would be seeing the look on Cersei's face. :lol:

As for the remaining books, there's no way his publishing company allows him to not finish those books. I'm sure he signed a contract. They will want those books in some way, shape or form. That's just business.

Agree with all this!

allasorte
04-24-2019, 06:28 PM
I have read spoilers and the "when" something would happen has yet to be right. The King's Landing rumor is really interesting and I can't wait to see what is true or not. I am impressed that this season the spoilers and rumors thus far have not been accurate.

Kingfan24
04-25-2019, 04:25 AM
Martin will surely die before he finishes the books leaving someone like Sanderson to wrap them up. Just like wheel of time.

becca69
04-25-2019, 05:24 AM
Martin will surely die before he finishes the books leaving someone like Sanderson to wrap them up. Just like wheel of time.

He has said he would never do that. He would rather leave them incomplete.

fernandito
04-25-2019, 12:02 PM
Agree with whoever said above that Martin will feel even less compelled to finish them now that the show has essentially told his story.

Still Servant
04-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Agree with whoever said above that Martin will feel even less compelled to finish them now that the show has essentially told his story.

As a writer, I'm sure he has it in his head the way he wants to see it end. He's probably had it in his head for decades. You can't tell me that's not going to be satisfying for him to accomplish. You guys are being Debbie Downers when it comes to him completing the books.

He was quoted in EW saying that he was invited to reshoot a cameo for the finale, but he was writing Winds and felt his time would be better spent working on the books. I'm telling you, we will at least get Winds. Too much of it is already written to not get it. As for book 7, that's a bigger question.

Merlin1958
04-25-2019, 03:04 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

All of his I'm sure good intentions with regard to completing the series aside, I think he may have sat down to begin the endgame and realized just what a monumental task he had assigned himself to this point. I'm sure he has an idea how he would like to see it end, but all the plot lines and story elements that he needs to address to get there no doubt present quite a daunting task. IMHO if he was going to finish it he either already would have or would be deep in the process and not fiddling with pre-quels and the like.

I have no animosity against the man, I'm sure he went in with nothing but the best of intentions and he has proven himself a wonderful author and creator of worlds. Age is probably the chief block against him at this juncture. That and probably the success he has realized. I'm sure he's giving it a go at all times, but just keeps hitting a wall. It's a shame, yes but maybe it will get done well by his successors or the like just not him in this lifetime at this stage.

Garrell
04-25-2019, 03:07 PM
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER.....................again I say.
Made to much money and lost some of the drive and hunger as a result

Kingfan24
04-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Wow. Tonight’s episode, for me, was a total let down.

Merlin1958
04-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Wow. Tonight’s episode, for me, was a total let down.

How so? I'm in the last third of it and its been awesome except for the long camera pauses that they kept inserting if you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm looking for some thoughts/answers from you guys who are more in tune with GoT and/or read the books.

Merlin1958
04-28-2019, 08:03 PM
I gotta say one thing when all is said and done. This is a great tale, has some awesome characters and plays off some very cool magical premises/themes. However, make no mistake, in the end The Lord of the Rings is still the greatest Sword and Sorcery story ever told, hands down.

Truth be told if it were'net for LOTR we likely never would have had GoT. Be that as it may it's still a pretty fucking great tale (so far). As for this episode, the imagery and cinematography was wonderful at times, though I generally don't care for the "night fighting" angle, still there were some really awesome shots for the screen. I thought they inserted way too much in the way of "retrospective/panning shots" designed to make you think back or something. Also, IMHO, there were some (I hope I'm saying this right) spatial proximity issues in the show that lead to some confusion in the plot. Put simply it seemed to me that a few characters came jumping into camera shots out of nowhere. They wasted some time as well with useless "Dragon" shots that were beautiful, but did nothing for the storyline.

Still, overall it was entertaining and I enjoyed it for the most part. It did feel a little rushed. I look forward to seeing what they have up their sleeve for the remaining 3 hours. As I said initially, in the end (which this episode really seemed to be by and large) it was great entertainment and all, but it's no LOTR. IMHO anyway.

I'm sure a lot of you folks will have very different opinions and be much better equipped to breakdown the episode and series, but that's my two cents FWIW so far.

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 08:35 AM
LoTR was so great because it had a defined story to tell. It didn’t suffer from “epic fantasy syndrome” like wheel of time and GoT. It’s hard to care about characters that are constantly dying with little to no development. It feels like GoT just kills people for the shock value.

Garrell
04-29-2019, 08:41 AM
I enjoyed last night's episode but thought more should have died and had "Hollywood" savings. The last dragon fight was a bit confusing but it looked as though one good one died while it killed the other

stroppygoblin
04-29-2019, 09:24 AM
I enjoyed the episode (although a 3:30am finish time when I have work in the morning is a killer...)

The one thought I had repeatedly was, The attacks were literally like a wave of water crashing down on the defenders. As the majority of leading characters were front and center, it was ridiculous to believe any could have survived the onslaught. They would literally have been crushed underfoot before they could have swung a sword.

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 11:49 AM
I enjoyed last night's episode but thought more should have died and had "Hollywood" savings. The last dragon fight was a bit confusing but it looked as though one good one died while it killed the other

Both good dragons survived, you can see them in the promo for next week.

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 11:51 AM
I enjoyed the episode (although a 3:30am finish time when I have work in the morning is a killer...)

The one thought I had repeatedly was, The attacks were literally like a wave of water crashing down on the defenders. As the majority of leading characters were front and center, it was ridiculous to believe any could have survived the onslaught. They would literally have been crushed underfoot before they could have swung a sword.

Ugh don’t get me started on the battle. The tactics involved made zero sense. Sending your light cavalry on a charge into the darkness against an enemy you can’t see? Your trebuchets outside the walls with no defense? Your elite infantry units in FRONT of the moat? And no defenses on the walls of the castle? I mean come on.

Merlin1958
04-29-2019, 11:53 AM

Ugh don’t get me started on the battle. The tactics involved made zero sense. Sending your light cavalry on a charge into the darkness against an enemy you can’t see? Your trebuchets outside the walls with no defense? Your elite infantry units in FRONT of the moat? And no defenses on the walls of the castle? I mean come on.

Man, has a point. I was thinking the same thing when the show began.

Shannon
04-29-2019, 01:12 PM
I have been on internet blackout since Thursday. Rose and I have Avengers tickets for today at 3:50pm (less than two hours away!) and I am N-O-T!!! getting spoiled. But I had to come in and see what you guys thought of the episode.

I liked it, but I didn't like that they left so many people alive. Like you said above, these people were front and center, first in the fight yet ... they're all still kicking at the end? Bullshit. And also, did anyone else think the snow/night time/fog/cold front was just a little too much? My TV is pretty damn good and the ghosting the "filters" caused was a little frustrating. It reminded me of the movie Alien vs. predator 2 that was made so damn dark in order to hide the special effects and costumes.

And lastly, can anyone tell me why Bran is so damn important? Besides being the worst character in the show and zoning out to go fly some birds, I just don't get it.

allasorte
04-29-2019, 02:05 PM

I agree. Why not wait and be on the defensive? We heard in previous seasons a siege of Winterfell is difficult. Maybe they had too many soldiers? I felt it was like ruining the Dorne book storyline with the unsullied and Dothraki. Just have them do stupid things to get them off the playing field. Some battles were pretty amazing and I liked the gritty shooting where they had a hard time seeing, so did we as the viewers. What about the whole "prince that was promised to fight the dead?" That went out the window. And if Bran is so powerful, why didn't he have any solid input? Overall regardless of the poor fighting tactics, I truly enjoyed the episode.

webstar1000
04-29-2019, 03:18 PM
What a let down. Not to mention It was Brutally dark. It was like I watched it at night with sunglasses on. Could have been way better....

Still Servant
04-29-2019, 03:25 PM
LoTR was so great because it had a defined story to tell. It didn’t suffer from “epic fantasy syndrome” like wheel of time and GoT. It’s hard to care about characters that are constantly dying with little to no development. It feels like GoT just kills people for the shock value.

The Ice and Fire series is so much better than the Wheel of Time series it's not even funny.

And lastly, can anyone tell me why Bran is so damn important? Besides being the worst character in the show and zoning out to go fly some birds, I just don't get it.

Bran is essentially the keeper of memories at this point. Killing him is like truly deleting history.

I had a lot of issues with some of the battle scenes. There were a ton of quick cuts that makes it hard to follow the action. It was also a tad on the dark side, like many have mentioned.

As for the main characters surviving, we have to remember it's still a TV show. Nobody gives a shit if the 4th Dothraki from the left is still alive and kicking at the end of the day. That stuff doesn't bother me.

In general, I think we are spoiled as a fanbase. What we saw last night, even with its warts and blemishes, is on a different level from anything else on TV right now. That kind of CG and action is only something you can find on the big screen.

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode.

webstar1000
04-29-2019, 03:49 PM
I just cannot believe after all this time waiting for this...:that was what we got... I just can’t shake it. So disappointed

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 03:56 PM
I just cannot believe after all this time waiting for this...:that was what we got... I just can’t shake it. So disappointed

100% agree. Feels so cheap.

fernandito
04-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Ok so the battle was pretty good. I understand the stylistic choice of shooting it against a dark setting as it ties in perfectly with the whole 'Winter is Here/The Long Night' theme.

The aerial dragon-dog fights were cool. Some great shots there.

Now then, onto the Night King/White Walker resolution.. what the actual fuck!!?!?

So you mean to tell me that they've been building up a Jon vs NK showdown only for Arya to fly in out of nowhere and deal the fatal blow? Jon and NK aren't even going to cross swords once? REALLY????

It pains me that we'll get no further information/background on the White Walkers (whom did nothing in the battle btw, it was all the Wights) as Bran has been pretty useless this entire season (what was the point of him warging? NK already knew where he was) and can't be counted on to delivery anything expository.

The last couple of minutes were frustratingly anti climatic.

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 03:57 PM
Ok so the battle was pretty good. I understand the stylistic choice of shooting it against a dark setting as it ties in perfectly with the whole 'Winter is Here/The Long Night' theme.

The aerial dragon-dog fights were cool. Some great shots there.

Now then, onto the Night King/White Walker resolution.. what the actual fuck!!?!?

So you mean to tell me that they've been building up a Jon vs NK showdown only for Arya to fly in out of nowhere and deal the fatal blow? Jon and NK aren't even going to cross swords once? REALLY????

It pains me that we'll get no further information/background on the White Walkers (whom did nothing in the battle btw, it was all the Wights) as Bran has been pretty useless this entire season (what was the point of him warging? NK already knew where he was) and can't be counted on to delivery anything expository.

He didn’t even get to unsheathe his sword! Complete joke.

allasorte
04-29-2019, 04:23 PM
The white walker storyline is gone with one stab of a blade. That is a let down as it would have been amazing to see some of the main heroes fall to the walkers and or kill them thinning out the wight herds. Yes anti-climactic with that storyline. There has to be a better storyline from the books. However, we will never be able to read those in our lifetime as Martin will die shortly from scarfing too much cheesecake and apple pie without taking a breather for some milk. Regardless I overall really liked the episode even though some of the battle scenes didn't make sense like I mentioned before.

webstar1000
04-29-2019, 04:30 PM
The white walker storyline is gone with one stab of a blade. That is a let down as it would have been amazing to see some of the main heroes fall to the walkers and or kill them thinning out the wight herds. Yes anti-climactic with that storyline. There has to be a better storyline from the books. However, we will never be able to read those in our lifetime as Martin will die shortly from scarfing too much cheesecake and apple pie without taking a breather for some milk. Regardless I overall really liked the episode even though some of the battle scenes didn't make sense like I mentioned before.

At all. I had no idea what I was watching half the time. And when it started to snow it beaver laughable. The white walker story line was one of my favourites and your right... just a sad ending to long, wicked ride. 2/10 for me.... just horrible

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 06:17 PM

At all. I had no idea what I was watching half the time. And when it started to snow it beaver laughable. The white walker story line was one of my favourites and your right... just a sad ending to long, wicked ride. 2/10 for me.... just horrible

Ugh yeah. The blizzard thing was laughable.

Still Servant
04-29-2019, 06:43 PM
I'm shocked by all the backlash, honestly.

I thought Arya getting to kill the Night King was great. Wanting to see Jon v. Night King is natural, but Game of Thrones has always thrown curveballs when it comes to fantasy tropes. If they were sticking to the norm, Ned Stark would be the one throwing down with the Night King.

As I mentioned before, I was also annoyed by the dark fight, but my only theory is they didn't want to give us two epic day battles. I'm assuming the battle against Cersei will be during the day. It makes sense to make the two battles look differently.

I think you all just got your expectations up too high. I suppose the silver lining is we still have another big battle left.

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 06:51 PM
I'm shocked by all the backlash, honestly.

I thought Arya getting to kill the Night King was great. Wanting to see Jon v. Night King is natural, but Game of Thrones has always thrown curveballs when it comes to fantasy tropes. If they were sticking to the norm, Ned Stark would be the one throwing down with the Night King.

As I mentioned before, I was also annoyed by the dark fight, but my only theory is they didn't want to give us two epic day battles. I'm assuming the battle against Cersei will be during the day. It makes sense to make the two battles look differently.

I think you all just got your expectations up too high. I suppose the silver lining is we still have another big battle left.

We had our expectations too high for a battle that we knew was coming since season 1 episode 1? And show runners still failed? Call me crazy but for arguably the biggest show in history it felt rushed, cheap and unfulfilling.

Garrell
04-29-2019, 06:57 PM
Although I found faults, I still greatly enjoyed the episode. I look forward to the last 3 and I am sure I will enjoy those and find small faults with them.

fernandito
04-29-2019, 08:17 PM
I'm fine admitting when my expectations were too high, but that's not the case here.

I just wanted what had been promised to us for many seasons now. Every encounter between Jon and NK seemed to be building toward a crescendo. I expected that to pay off somehow, even a 2 minute sword fight might have done it.

All that build up, prophesizing, resurrecting, and for what? Nothing. Jon was the only character that willingly put his life and reputation at stake to thwart the WW from minute 1 and it was Arya - someone who hadn't even SEEN the NK - that took him down.

Just because something is unexpected doesn't mean it's good. What a waste.

Melike
04-30-2019, 07:20 AM
I literally jumped in my couch when I saw Arya in the air. It was so weird. A jaw dropping, heart stopping moment. So exciting. But I am with Ferny here. What will happen to Azor Ahai? So many waste of all prophecies and character developments. Dumbest war plan ever made, worst idea to hide children and women in a cript when the enemy is a king of resurrection. And I could hardly see what was happenning all the time. I pulled my hair while Dany and Jon were flying blindly in the snow storm.

But still Arya moment was so damn exciting and fullfilling in a way.

Melike
04-30-2019, 07:23 AM
And they said it would be a greater war than the Helm's Deep!!! Not even close. Not even close.

Earl of Popkin
04-30-2019, 07:40 AM
Someone pointed out to me that the first thing Snow said to Arya upon reuniting at Winterfell was “I didn’t even hear you how’d you sneak up on me?”

A pretty cool detail in hindsight...

cit74
04-30-2019, 08:06 AM
But after Arya left clegan and said “not today” I knew she was going to kill the NK - was just waiting for her to jump outta somewhere; but dragon fighting in the dark was horrible - couldn’t tell a thing

Heather19
04-30-2019, 09:58 AM
But still Arya moment was so damn exciting and fullfilling in a way.

Yes!

I had to stay off the internet yesterday because I didn't get a chance to watch the show until last night :lol: This was kinda my worry with only have a small handful of episodes left and so many stories to tie up. I can see people's frustrations with it. I feel like this was a battle that everyone has been waiting for since episode one, and to have it all quickly wrapped up in one episode I felt like didn't do it justice. I was also surprised that most of all of the main characters are still alive. As much as I hate to see some of them go, I felt if we lost a some of them it would have been a little more realistic. I also didn't like how dark the episode was. I thought it was just my tv, but I guess not. I couldn't see a lot of what was happening, and all the quick cuts, I honestly had no clue who was fighting who.

That said I still did enjoy it. It had some great moments. And that final scene when Arya comes out of nowhere was amazing. I knew I loved her for a reason.

Merlin1958
04-30-2019, 12:21 PM
A couple alternate perspectives........................

https://www.aintitcool.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-3-spoilers-82084/

https://www.aintitcool.com/game-of-thrones-episode-3-recap-82081/

fernandito
04-30-2019, 02:12 PM
This review perfectly encapsulates my frustrations:

There's no catharsis or payoff in anything that happened in "The Long Night." Yes, it was cool to see Jon and Dany tearing through the sky on their dragons laying waste to the army of the dead with massive gouts of flame. But this episode felt weirdly self-contained, like everything that's happened leading up to it didn't matter. Every fan theory I've seen about the battle with the dead--whether it's a theory from the books 20 years ago or from Reddit last week--is immeasurably more interesting than what actually happened.

One of my favorites until now was that the Night King wouldn't actually show up at this battle--that the attack on Winterfell was a feint, and he was flying to King's Landing to roast Cersei on her throne. There was a ton of evidence for it, but it still would have been a shock. And even better, it would have fit that ultimate series theme--that the fight for the throne was a petty squabble, and the people who failed to see the big picture (i.e. Cersei) would pay a price for it. Instead, the Night King took the bait at Winterfell and died like an idiot. He took his entire race with him, and we never learned anything about them besides "White Walkers=bad."

There are so, so many things that will just never be paid off now. Dany unified the Dothraki tribes and brought them to Westeros so they could die, one and all, in a single ill-conceived charge (seriously, what was the strategy there?). What was the point of Melisandre's entire storyline--the Lord of Light, the resurrections, the Prince that was Promised? Was it really all so she could light some swords on fire and tell Arya to go stab a dude?

Even within the confines of this episode's story--Night King is just a dumb Big Bad Guy after all, he comes to Winterfell, he gets killed--there are endless more rewarding ways it could have gone down. Remember when Dany magically survived Khal Drogo's funeral pyre in Season 1? Now imagine Jon hadn't told Dany about his true identity last season, and instead she had realized there was more to him than she thought when he stepped into her dragonfire, unharmed, and stabbed the Night King in the back. Or it's Arya--but instead of nonsensically jumping onto the Night King's back, she employs her Faceless Men magic to pose as Bran. Bran stabs the Night King, removes his face, bam, it's Arya.

That's payoff. This was boring.

Gamespot Review (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/review-game-of-thrones-episode-3-season-8-subverti/1100-6466520/)