PDA

View Full Version : Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Still Servant
03-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Books 4 and 5 were originally just book four. Then he (and his editors) realized it was way too long and decided to split it. His reasoning for splitting it by character instead of time period is at the end of book four but it basically boils down to wanting to finish each character's planned book four arc instead of cutting them in half. (His note at the end of book four also has the now funny comment that book five would be out in a year. It took five for him to finish it even though it was mostly already written.)

So to answer your other questions, yes you will "go back in time" to see the same story from different characters' perspectives but at the end of book five the stories rejoin so almost every character has at least one chapter in the book to wrap up that part of their story.

What Rube said. You won't be confused though.

allasorte
04-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I've been struggling with Book 4 a bit. I definitely had a hard time when it first started because it was all new characters. It was especially jarring reading them back to back because Book 3 ended with all these great story points, and then Book 4 started with all these different storylines, and it took forever to back to some of the cliffhangers from the previous book. I will say though, that it definitely has helped that I'm listening to the audiobooks vs reading the books. To me it's a lot easier to get through hard books if I'm listening. If I was reading this one, I know I would be struggling even more. I think I had this issue with season 4 of the series as well. I'm just not into the Dorne storyline at all. Plus so far Book 4 has not even mentioned Bran, or the shocking ending of Book 3 when Catelyn reappears?!?! I wonder why he chose to do that. Glad to hear it's not just me that wasn't enjoying it. I do hope Book 5 gets better.

Oh and Mike, I am glad that I gave it another go. I do think watching the series helped me get into it more this time.

Winter is coming April 24th I believe. As for the books, I have been blowing them out when I have the time. I'm sort of half way through book 5. Book 4.....Dorne and the Iron Islands seem like filler to me. I do understand why people say the books are a bit hard to follow with stories taking breaks and chapters not running in sequence one after another. Meaning you have one chapter as say Davos, the next is Bram, the next is Jon, etc. I will say watching the show too many times has helped alleviate some problems and even hinders others lol.

fernandito
04-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Two more weeks bitches.

allasorte
04-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Two more weeks bitches.

I am trying very hard to finish book 5 before the two weeks.

Heather19
04-11-2016, 04:45 AM
Two more weeks bitches.

I am trying very hard to finish book 5 before the two weeks.

Me too. I had borrowed it from the library, but got sick so wasn't able to finish it, so I had to wait a bit before I could borrow it again. Just got it back though, so I should hopefully be done by the end of the week :D

RUBE
04-12-2016, 03:52 AM
Not to discourage you but most of what seems to be in this coming season is either from book four (Ironborn kingsmoot, Jamie and Brienne in the Riverlands, Sam on his way to the Citadel) or unpublished/original material. Last season covered most of the stuff in book five(Tyrion's trip, Jon's command, Dany's failures, Ramsey's marriage/Reek's slow conversion back to Theon) but hopefully we will get some of the stuff missing like some important northern lords playing a part in what happens there.

allasorte
04-12-2016, 05:53 AM
A friend from work was telling me about book 5 several years ago. Maybe not a true friend at all. He told me one of the dragons got sick and died, The actual end of the book was about The Wall, and Cersei died. WTF!? All that was lies and not true. I will say that from Book 5 that is missing from the show that was very informative and I wish was in the show was the in depth things happening at The Wall and with Bolton. I felt those had great misdeeds and much more going on that would have been great for the show. Regardless, I am very excited that winter is coming.
Anyone here in LA and see the first episode that was shown early???

RUBE
04-12-2016, 10:33 AM
A friend from work was telling me about book 5 several years ago. Maybe not a true friend at all. He told me one of the dragons got sick and died, The actual end of the book was about The Wall, and Cersei died. WTF!? All that was lies and not true. I will say that from Book 5 that is missing from the show that was very informative and I wish was in the show was the in depth things happening at The Wall and with Bolton. I felt those had great misdeeds and much more going on that would have been great for the show. Regardless, I am very excited that winter is coming.

Yes, I definitely agree that the book did a much better job of covering Jon's command of the Night's Watch and what happened with the Boltons (along with every other storyline for that matter.) I really wish they would have shown more of the day-to-day issues that divided Jon and his fellow Night's Watch leaders especially what happened leading up to the end. However, there was too much to cover in one season and some things like arguing over food stores could have made boring TV.

allasorte
04-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Books are finished! Like a crazy person I am re-watching the show. Anyway, I'm glad I read the books because I have gained a lot more love and respect for characters I didn't like or didn't care much for. Arya comes to mind and her struggles and journeys to get to where she is now. Sansa though. I feel bad for her but I had a question. The books go in detail much more about the dire wolves being tied to the lives of the Stark children. The show does not. I have never forgiven Sansa for her lie to protect Joffrey and her dire wolf suffered for it. So, with losing her wolf, how does that tie her life with "Lady?"

Still Servant
04-13-2016, 03:40 PM

That person hates you. I would track them down and sentence them to a Merrett Frey like ending.

allasorte
04-13-2016, 05:31 PM

That person hates you. I would track them down and sentence them to a Merrett Frey like ending.

I don't mind when people tell me something and get some details wrong, but not major details! Don't worry, I sent him off to a party held by Ramsey Snow (I don't feel he is truly naturalized lol).

Still Servant
04-13-2016, 05:48 PM

I don't mind when people tell me something and get some details wrong, but not major details! Don't worry, I sent him off to a party held by Ramsey Snow (I don't feel he is truly naturalized lol).

:thumbsup:

My sister and I did something similar to my mom. She used to watch Lost, despite the fact that it's not her cup of tea, but got out of it after season 1. My sister and I told her that the hatch opened up into downtown New York. Unfortunately, we neglected to tell her we were just joking so for a while she was telling people she stopped watching because the show got weird and the characters ended up in NYC.

Woops.

allasorte
04-16-2016, 03:02 PM
I've done things bad hear and there. Poke fun at friends who still HAVEN'T seen GOT yet. I'll start talking about a show or movie that they had not seen yet and given away spoilers without thinking. The worst I guess you can say would be back in the day before the internet. My buddy had "Wolfen" from the library and he talked it up las being amazing book. I waited 2 months to get the book from him and decided to go to the library myself. I finished the book before him and spoiled the ending. Make an effort or get crushed!

I am itching for this show to start up already. Getting pissy on the rumors that the creators are thinking that they only have 13 more episodes to finish the saga and making it two more seasons of 6 and 7 episodes a season. That is pathetic. sorry. If true with everything not in the show from the books and 2 books still not even completed....13 episodes and that is it?! I don't buy it and if it is true, then get the right people to complete it properly then. I'm hoping the show doesn't let down like the 5th season where viewers see everything coming a mile away. Also, not sure if people know, but episode 4 season 6 is rumored to be a pretty long or longer then normal episode. And rumors a plenty of tons of people dying off season 6. We will have to wait and see.

RUBE
04-17-2016, 06:06 AM
It would actually be 23 more. 10 for season six, 7 for season seven, and 6 for season eight. They had only planned for seven seasons and HBO forced them into eight. Since they only have the main points from Martin going forward, they don't really have two books worth of material to work with. They could make up more of they own side plots to fill in but do we really want filler?

They also used two to four filming units filming most of the offseason to get the ten episodes this season. Apparently all of the big battle sequences are getting more complicated and they are dedicating more time to them each season. We are also getting more CGI effects added each season which adds to production time. The seasons already seem too short but if they need to be shorter to keep the quality up then I guess I can live with that.

http://watchersonthewall.com/benioff-and-weiss-reportedly-considering-abbreviated-final-seasons/#more-61433

allasorte
04-17-2016, 07:35 AM
It would actually be 23 more. 10 for season six, 7 for season seven, and 6 for season eight. They had only planned for seven seasons and HBO forced them into eight. Since they only have the main points from Martin going forward, they don't really have two books worth of material to work with. They could make up more of they own side plots to fill in but do we really want filler?

They also used two to four filming units filming most of the offseason to get the ten episodes this season. Apparently all of the big battle sequences are getting more complicated and they are dedicating more time to them each season. We are also getting more CGI effects added each season which adds to production time. The seasons already seem too short but if they need to be shorter to keep the quality up then I guess I can live with that.

http://watchersonthewall.com/benioff-and-weiss-reportedly-considering-abbreviated-final-seasons/#more-61433
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Too much information out there :).
But I do not like seasons that shortened.....

Still Servant
04-17-2016, 12:55 PM

I still find it hard to believe that they can wrap up all these story lines in 23 episodes. It just doesn't seem possible.

allasorte
04-17-2016, 01:27 PM

I still find it hard to believe that they can wrap up all these story lines in 23 episodes. It just doesn't seem possible.

That's my complaint. The article Rube popped up, I read it, and I wasn't counting season 6 at 10 episodes. I'm concerned with 13 for two more seasons. If the rumors of Martin helping these guys with the show are accurate, I don't see 13 being thorough. Dany coming west and what? Everyone is on board and they all fight for the living in 6 episodes? Arya has so much to do and learn and I'm assumi9ng she will be coming home sometime. Plus Bran and his story line, Jon Snow, Lannisters, I don't see how. We will see I guess.

One more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WeDealInLead
04-17-2016, 02:57 PM
I hope the writers include some of the "LSH" material they completely neglected.

Still Servant
04-17-2016, 05:43 PM
I hope the writers include some of the "LSH" material they completely neglected.

Nope. That ship has sailed. It's the one regret I will have about this show when it's all said and done.

I even wrote the scene where LSH is introduced because I was so bummed she wasn't included. We can't have it all I suppose.

allasorte
04-17-2016, 06:09 PM

Nope. That ship has sailed. It's the one regret I will have about this show when it's all said and done.

I even wrote the scene where LSH is introduced because I was so bummed she wasn't included. We can't have it all I suppose.

You know how the show is sort of combining characters? Sansa/Jeyne, Connington/Mormont? Rumor they are sort of combining LSH with Sansa.

Still Servant
04-18-2016, 03:49 PM

You know how the show is sort of combining characters? Sansa/Jeyne, Connington/Mormont? Rumor they are sort of combining LSH with Sansa.

Yeah, I can see that, but it's not the same. I still don't understand why they introduced Beric Dondarrion if they weren't going to include LSH. Unless of course it plays a part in the Jon Snow story. We shall see.

Heather19
04-19-2016, 10:21 AM
I really wish they would include LSH in the show. That was such a shocking moment in the book. Also I wish she was in the book more. Is there a book thread? I'll go search because I have a few questions regarding some things but don't want to hijack the thread.

allasorte
04-19-2016, 12:59 PM
I really wish they would include LSH in the show. That was such a shocking moment in the book. Also I wish she was in the book more. Is there a book thread? I'll go search because I have a few questions regarding some things but don't want to hijack the thread.

I thought this was for both books and the show. No?

RUBE
04-19-2016, 05:23 PM
This is the TV thread but people are not real strict about book spoilers here, hence the LSH talk. There is an ASOIAF thread somewhere.

Five more days. I am up to the Hardhome episode of my complete series rewatch.

allasorte
04-19-2016, 05:57 PM
This is the TV thread but people are not real strict about book spoilers here, hence the LSH talk. There is an ASOIAF thread somewhere.

Five more days. I am up to the Hardhome episode of my complete series rewatch.

I blew through the re re re re re watch of the series like a relentless crazy person. Had some free time. One of the few shows I am pumped to watch weekly. I don't say that very often.

Still Servant
04-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Speaking of books, I just bought A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. God knows when I'll get a chance to read it.

:doh:

allasorte
04-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Speaking of books, I just bought A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. God knows when I'll get a chance to read it.

I thought about this book myself. 3 novellas together I think. I don't know. Would it be worth reading about different people???

allasorte
04-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Not sure about other companies, but u-verse has free HBO for this weekend for the upcoming GOT season 6. HBO2 on u-verse is also playing season 5 of GOT I believe 10 hours before the premiere. So if anyone has free time tomorrow, it could be a pretty amazing GOT day!!!

allasorte
04-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Winter starts in an hour and 25 minutes!!! I won't talk about it or anything after I see it unless others do so. Unfortunately after this week HBO will be gone from my viewing and I will have to wait until Monday after work to see the next episode. I hope I will be able to handle it lol.

RUBE
04-24-2016, 04:10 PM

I thought about this book myself. 3 novellas together I think. I don't know. Would it be worth reading about different people???

I downloaded the three novellas and read them long before they were one book. They are good but very different in tone than the ASOIAF books. They reminded me alot of Brienne's story when I read them with a "knight" and "squire" who are learning through their mistakes and changing Westeros history in the progress. You do get some additional information about the Targaryen's family history but it feels a little disconnected since it happens 90 years before the events in the other books.

allasorte
04-24-2016, 04:14 PM
@Rube. Do you think it is worth the read?

RUBE
04-24-2016, 05:00 PM
I definitely think its worth reading. Would I buy it in a hardback collection? Probably not.

BTW, here we go!

Shannon
04-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Well ... meh.

allasorte
04-25-2016, 02:53 AM
Well ... meh.

I know! Just like that, in Dorne, and allegedly great warriors die without a fight? I'm hoping first episode is just a precursor to get things "going." The show creators saying after this season maybe shortened seasons.....how? At this pace there will be 6 more seasons to finish 2 books. I did enjoy Briene :). And I'm glad I don't wear jewelry......

RUBE
04-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Most things about the episode were good but I don't know what they are doing with Dorne. I think they decided to push the showdown in Castle Black until next week so nothing would be spoiled by someone at the red carpet premiere. If that had been in this episode then I think everyone would have been more excited about it.

Other thoughts with book/show spoilers: With Dany's fleet burning, I think that confirms that Euron will be sending Yara to get Dany and her army. So with Yara absorbing Victarion's story and knowing there is a new red priestess cast that interacts with Tyrion and Varys, it is possible that Yara brings her. I really thought with the title Red Woman we would have met this new priestess in this episode instead.

I think Sansa violates her oath to Brienne pretty quick and pulls a Lady Stoneheart on her in the third episode entitled "Oathbreaker." Something will get her fired up and she will demand Brienne do something dishonorable by going to the Riverlands to kill Jaime. How Jaime ends up getting sent to the Riverlands now that Cersei needs him more than ever I am not sure but I think that means the faith militant story ends earlier than we thought. Unless he just makes it worse and Cersei kicks him out of the capitol.

They probably held Bran until next week so that we can have his visions leading up to the Jon reveal.

allasorte
04-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Except for the Red Viper (Whom I loved), the people from Dorne and Dorn eitself has been awful. Awful in the book and the show. Not sure why this is. Maybe the worst writers and directors are only allowed to work on the Dorne story line and that is it. I wish a dragon would pop up in episode 2 and burn Dorne to the ground. That would help a lot! Does anyone else think the acting for Dorne is awful too?

Shannon
04-25-2016, 01:35 PM
I just thought the whole episode was lame. NOTHING happened.

Tyrion sees fire.

Red witch is old.

Dany gains weight and says all her titles in one breath.

Cersei cries.

Sand snakes stab.

Sansa says yes.

Guy that can't read talks to a door.

Aria becomes Matt Murdock.

The end.

Heather19
04-25-2016, 03:52 PM
I enjoyed it. Granted it wasn't a super powerful fast paced episode, but it seems like they're tying up things from last season and setting things up for the season to come. I do really enjoy the Arya storyline that they're doing this season. I will agree however, with Dorne. I've never been a fan of that storyline in the show or in the book. Wish they would just end it and move on.

Rube I have quick question concerning Brienne
So in the book Brienne is killed by Lady Stoneheart, or so I thought, but then she appears in book 5 and gets Jaime to take off with her. What did I miss. I read online that she was saved but I don't recall that from the book. I am listening to the audiobook so I don't know if I just started daydreaming and missed that little bit? Also I wish in the show that they had Jaime just take off after Dorne and not return. I really liked that in the book he left Cersei after her call for help from him and just didn't return.

Johnny Alien
04-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Well ... meh.

The show creators saying after this season maybe shortened seasons.....how? At this pace there will be 6 more seasons to finish 2 books. I did enjoy Briene :). And I'm glad I don't wear jewelry......

After this season there will be only 13 episodes of story left. Rather than do one last 13 episode season (which is what they SHOULD do) HBO wants to string it out a bit so the next season is 8 episodes and the last will be 7.

allasorte
04-25-2016, 05:03 PM
I enjoyed it. Granted it wasn't a super powerful fast paced episode, but it seems like they're tying up things from last season and setting things up for the season to come. I do really enjoy the Arya storyline that they're doing this season. I will agree however, with Dorne. I've never been a fan of that storyline in the show or in the book. Wish they would just end it and move on.

So in the book Brienne is killed by Lady Stoneheart, or so I thought, but then she appears in book 5 and gets Jaime to take off with her. What did I miss. I read online that she was saved but I don't recall that from the book. I am listening to the audiobook so I don't know if I just started daydreaming and missed that little bit? Also I wish in the show that they had Jaime just take off after Dorne and not return. I really liked that in the book he left Cersei after her call for help from him and just didn't return.

I would like to know them same thing. Bam! There she is. Perhaps it will be explained in book 6? If you find out....let me know!!!!

RUBE
04-25-2016, 05:49 PM

Answer: If you didn't notice a quick review of the books will show you that GRRM is even worse than D&D about using cliffhangers to end chapters. Think back to Arya's chapter around the Red Wedding where he ends with Arya taking an axe to the back of the head. You don't find out until her next chapter that it was the flat of the axe so the Hound could knock her out to get her away. No one thought she was really dead but he left some doubt.

Brienne's last chapter is the exact same thing but we don't have as much connection to Brienne to assume she survived. Stoneheart gave her a choice to either kill Jamie (the sword) or Pod and her (and the other knight whose name escapes me) would be hung (the noose). Brienne tries to do the honorable thing and just let herself be killed. Then she feels bad about Pod and yells out a word. The word is sword indicating that she will kill Jamie. So it is assumed but not stated that the BWB cut her down and send her to get Jamie while holding onto Pod as insurance.

RUBE
04-25-2016, 06:27 PM
I just thought the whole episode was lame. NOTHING happened.

Tyrion sees fire.

Red witch is old.

Dany gains weight and says all her titles in one breath.

Cersei cries.

Sand snakes stab.

Sansa says yes.

Guy that can't read talks to a door.

Aria becomes Matt Murdock.

The end.

That is a whole list of stuff that "happened" to setup the rest of the season.

Shannon
04-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Let me rephrase,

Last night's episode did not hold up to the standard of what Game of Thrones COULD or SHOULD be. Not by a long shot.

Heather19
04-26-2016, 05:26 AM

Answer: If you didn't notice a quick review of the books will show you that GRRM is even worse than D&D about using cliffhangers to end chapters. Think back to Arya's chapter around the Red Wedding where he ends with Arya taking an axe to the back of the head. You don't find out until her next chapter that it was the flat of the axe so the Hound could knock her out to get her away. No one thought she was really dead but he left some doubt.

Brienne's last chapter is the exact same thing but we don't have as much connection to Brienne to assume she survived. Stoneheart gave her a choice to either kill Jamie (the sword) or Pod and her (and the other knight whose name escapes me) would be hung (the noose). Brienne tries to do the honorable thing and just let herself be killed. Then she feels bad about Pod and yells out a word. The word is sword indicating that she will kill Jamie. So it is assumed but not stated that the BWB cut her down and send her to get Jamie while holding onto Pod as insurance.

Ah, thanks so much.

fernandito
04-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Could Melisandre be a survivor of the Doom of Valyria?

Also yea, Dorne sucks.

And the longer they hold out on reviving Jon, the more annoying and the more of a distraction that plot point will be.

WeDealInLead
04-27-2016, 04:51 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/13051574_998748583513883_6378996048436186404_n.png ?oh=bd3b090e23829a2448da25833d1db03a&oe=57B26B7D

Still Servant
04-27-2016, 07:02 PM
Areo Hotah ain't goin down like that in the books. You can book it.

allasorte
05-01-2016, 08:11 PM
The longest week to wait, starts now...........

Merlin1958
05-01-2016, 09:48 PM
About this week's episode.....

Well, that didn't take long, Snow is back!!!!

allasorte
05-02-2016, 02:40 AM

I haven't seem anything from you Bill in awhile and I thought the others got a hold of you. Glad to see that's not true! This episode was 10 times better then the premiere. I see Ramsey is making more friends to solidify the north lol.

Merlin1958
05-02-2016, 09:27 AM

I haven't seem anything from you Bill in awhile and I thought the others got a hold of you. Glad to see that's not true! This episode was 10 times better then the premiere. I see Ramsey is making more friends to solidify the north lol.

Oh, Ramsey is making friends and influencing folks alright. If he doesn't have a target on his back...... lol

Thx for ther shout out.

fernandito
05-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Quickfire thoughts;

SNOW MY GOD! Jon's back! I mentioned this elsewhere offline, but I'm glad they got this part over with. We all knew this was coming and it would have been too much of a distraction had they prolonged this reveal any longer. I wonder how coming back from the dead will affect him?

Now I'm not squeamish and I've never been one to shy away from GOT's gratuitous violence.. but did we really need to see Ramsay go through with letting his hounds tear through Walda Frey and her newborn? Wouldn't the implication of "Summon Lady Walda and her child" have been enough? Could that time have been better spent elsewhere?

Loved all the Bran moments. I'm especially curious to see what other Lyanna centric visions they plan on showing apart from The Tower of Joy, which we all know is coming.

Zombie-Mountain is bad ass. Did everyone else catch sigh of relief the guard lets out after Cersei and her armored body guard decide to stand down? Lol.

What about that testy conversation that Jamie and the High Sparrow had at the Sept? It was a bit more ambiguous in the books, but in the show it seems like they're steering the Sparrow story line to a place where he has much higher ambitions. Can he be making a play for the throne? I hope not. The story is in the final stretch and it's too late to insert yet ANOTHER contender for the throne.

Not sure how I feel about Tyrion being stranded in Mareen yet. He is the show's most charismatic presence, and him being the one to free the dragons hints at him playing a huge role in the final outcome. The show is going to have to convince me that THIS is the best use of this character's time.

allasorte
05-02-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm surprised we didn't actually see Walda and her son get eaten for how violent the show can be. I liked the dread. Ramsey is such a prick. I was hoping we would see Lord Bolton more and was hoping a Stark would have gotten revenge on him. Ramsey truly is a mad dog out of control. That Karstark looks like he might be Ramsey lite.

I think Bran will find out who Jon's parents really are. I'm guessing, but it seems like it might just go that way. You are right though, glad to end the suspense with Jon. I figured the magic wasn't going to work and they were going to burn his body, and out of the fire he was going to be reborn, like a Targaryen.

The dragons and Tyrion was weird. Why are they listening to him and not Dany? When he released them, why did they go back in the cave/prison and not escape or fly away? Are they really that depressed? We will see I guess. I liked the fast pace of the show this episode, but I don't want to too fast as we lose story lines.

Still Servant
05-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Quickfire thoughts;

SNOW MY GOD! Jon's back! I mentioned this elsewhere offline, but I'm glad they got this part over with. We all knew this was coming and it would have been too much of a distraction had they prolonged this reveal any longer. I wonder how coming back from the dead will affect him?

Yes, this was wise choice. No sense in dragging this out too long, this isn't The Walking Dead. Also, I assume that Jon Snow has a lot of work to do before it's all said and done.

Now I'm not squeamish and I've never been one to shy away from GOT's gratuitous violence.. but did we really need to see Ramsay go through with letting his hounds tear through Walda Frey and her newborn? Wouldn't the implication of "Summon Lady Walda and her child" have been enough? Could that time have been better spent elsewhere?

Agreed, they really are trying to hammer home how sick Ramsay is. It's like they are trying to make him go down as one of the worst TV villains of all-time.

Loved all the Bran moments. I'm especially curious to see what other Lyanna centric visions they plan on showing apart from The Tower of Joy, which we all know is coming.

I loved when Lyanna came riding in on her horse. It really did make me happy to see her. It also made me realize that this world has so much more material to pull from if they really wanted to. You could make 5 more shows with the source material after Game of Thrones ends if you wanted to.

Zombie-Mountain is bad ass. Did everyone else catch sigh of relief the guard lets out after Cersei and her armored body guard decide to stand down? Lol.

That sigh of relief was great. Frankenmountain really is cool, but I have to say that I thought him smashing the guys head on the wall was a little silly. Especially since they used a similar comedic note with the giant smashing the guy on the wall, which was awesome by they way. I would have liked to maybe have seen Frankenmountain pick the guy up by his neck and raise him in the air and then snap his neck or something.

The dragons and Tyrion was weird. Why are they listening to him and not Dany? When he released them, why did they go back in the cave/prison and not escape or fly away? Are they really that depressed? We will see I guess. I liked the fast pace of the show this episode, but I don't want to too fast as we lose story lines.

Could it be because he has dragon blood?

I have a few questions after watching that cropped up. Seeing Bran made me realize how long Rikon has been away. I really don't see him coming back anytime soon. The show is wrapping up, I just don't see how he could play a pivotal role.

I'm wondering where the Littlefinger it? It's odd not seeing him yet. In general, I'm not sure how they are going to build this up properly with the amount of remaining episodes. We literally still have to see the whole realm come together and unify to fight these White Walkers. That seems impossible at this point.

Lastly, any idea who the guy was in the upcoming promo that was fighting off a few soldiers? Unless I'm missing something, he didn't look familiar.

allasorte
05-02-2016, 04:01 PM
@Mike. Forgetting his name, but is that the guy with the valerian sword named Dawn? As for the dragons, perhaps, but also people are mentioning that the dragons are really that smart and know friend from foe. Though the writers never used that ever until now. We will see.

And yes I'm curious with all these missing story lines, and characters yet to see, how after this season we have allegedly 13 more episodes. Is Dany in Westeros next week already? lol

allasorte
05-02-2016, 04:09 PM
@Mike. Forgetting his name, but is that the guy with the valerian sword named Dawn? As for the dragons, perhaps, but also people are mentioning that the dragons are really that smart and know friend from foe. Though the writers never used that ever until now. We will see.

And yes I'm curious with all these missing story lines, and characters yet to see, how after this season we have allegedly 13 more episodes. Is Dany in Westeros next week already? lol

@Mike again: Ned Stark, Howland Reed (Meera and Jojen's dad) and a couple others fight Arthur Dane (owns Dawn) and some king's guards.

Still Servant
05-02-2016, 04:20 PM

@Mike again: Ned Stark, Howland Reed (Meera and Jojen's dad) and a couple others fight Arthur Dane (owns Dawn) and some king's guards.

I gotcha, so you think that is a flashback? I personally would love a prequel series chronicling Robert's Rebellion. I would love to see Arthur Dayne.

allasorte
05-02-2016, 05:08 PM

I gotcha, so you think that is a flashback? I personally would love a prequel series chronicling Robert's Rebellion. I would love to see Arthur Dayne.
That would be my guess (flashback and about Dayne protecting Tower of Joy) . Now, the big guy showing up with a gift for Ramsey? wtf
There's some pretty cool youtube videos from a guy called "emergency awesome" that are helpful with tower of joy and other GOT lore. As for Dayne (I gave up on spelling for this series lol) that would be great back stories, prequels, etc. Or a huge thing with Bran on seeing the past to show some great wars, Dayne, Robert's rebellion, and so forth. I'm in!

RUBE
05-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Great episode. I only wished it was longer. The gift mentioned in the preview is Rickon. The Umbers are working with the Boltons. Unless it is a fake Rickon?

allasorte
05-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Great episode. I only wished it was longer. The gift mentioned in the preview is Rickon. The Umbers are working with the Boltons. Unless it is a fake Rickon?
I heard about that after my post. I cannot see that happening IMO. The Umbers are supposed to be super loyal to the Starks. I would be heart broken if true. And why wait after ALL this time to do so now? What do the Umbers gain?

Still Servant
05-03-2016, 06:34 PM

My first thought is that it was Jeyne Poole posing as Arya Stark, but that wouldn't make sense anymore since they borrowed from Poole's story for Sansa's.

Honestly, Rikon makes more sense at this point. It's the only logical way to get him back into the story before the end. Good theory.

Heather19
05-04-2016, 04:53 AM
I would love it if they brought Rikon back. I've been waiting to see him again. It'd be weird for them to just toss him aside.

allasorte
05-04-2016, 12:14 PM
I would love it if they brought Rikon back. I've been waiting to see him again. It'd be weird for them to just toss him aside.
Or toss him to Ramsey. God knows what he will do to him. We all know how he treats captives. I just don't understand why the Umbers would do this now. Unless it is a fake Rickon and they have their own red wedding thing planned for revenge. Though I can't remember what the show has done with Great and little Jon. If I remember right in the books, little Jon is dead from red wedding and Great Jon is held captive by the Freys.

Still Servant
05-04-2016, 04:45 PM

When I first read the books, I thought we were playing the long game. I thought we would see Rikon emerge years later as this wild, badass warrior. I suppose it might still happen this way with the books. Martin can take his time I suppose. The show? Not so much.

allasorte
05-04-2016, 06:25 PM

When I first read the books, I thought we were playing the long game. I thought we would see Rikon emerge years later as this wild, badass warrior. I suppose it might still happen this way with the books. Martin can take his time I suppose. The show? Not so much.

I heard the same thing about Rickon too. Maybe Rickon sets this "gift" up as he is a warrior genius? We will see soon enough.

WeDealInLead
05-09-2016, 08:23 AM
The sword fight at the TOJ was badass, such great choreography.

I'm digging the uncharted territory aspect of Jon Snow's story.

allasorte
05-09-2016, 08:37 AM
I think I understand why the creators are starting to think they only have 13 episodes left after season 6. The show all of a sudden is moving too fast. I miss the extended dialogues and verbal conversations with the characters from seasons passed. Still love the show don't get me wrong, but the show is feeling "too Hollywood" now. It is like they are reading fan comments and going by what they say instead of listening to the books and Martin. I'm not sure how that will play out.

I'm not liking the humor. This show was never supposed to be funny. This season has had the most "funny" dialogue I feel then the other 5 seasons combined. People have been loving and talking about this show since the beginning, there is no need to turn this into a bad violent comedy. A character gets frightened and farts? That would work in Dumb and Dumber but GOT.

Anyway, the choreography of the fight scene last night was great. Why were they unwatchable in Dorne? Overall a great episode but
Still not getting the Umber sellout of the Starks with Rickon. All because of the wildlings? Can't you find out why the wall's commander did this before judging? You have this kid sheltered away for years and now give him to a kinslayer? I can't see how the Umbers will live through this. The young Karstarck too. He sits next to Ramsey as if he thinks he won't turn on him for smiling wrong. I don't get it. And killing Shaggydog. I hated that.

Still Servant
05-09-2016, 04:56 PM
I agree that the show feels a little rushed at the moment. I truly have no idea how they are going to get all these character threads to come together. Dany is still on the other side of the world, the White Walkers are still North of the Wall, Arya is still far, far away.

Honestly, it's not the shows fault. They don't have the books to pull from any longer. They have a brief outline and that's it. It's a nuts and bolts of what is left of the story, hence why it feels rushed. If blame can be put anywhere, it's on Martin.

On the flipside, if HBO had their way, they would milk this show for another 4 seasons, which isn't ideal either.

Anyway, I loved the scene with Arthur Dayne. He's always been a favorite character of mine. I had chills when I first saw him. I can't wait to see the rest of that scene unfold.

As for Rickon, Kudos to everybody who saw that coming. I have to say, it angered me to see Shaggy Dog dead, I hope they know what they are doing with that story because I can guarantee you that's not how it will go down in the books.

Should be interesting to see where Jon Snow goes from here. He can't exactly walk into Winterfell.

allasorte
05-09-2016, 05:18 PM
I know exactly what you are saying about Rickon, Dayne, the show, not having the books, etc. This might be bad, it might be good, who knows. I'm just hoping it doesn't go too Hollywood like it seems to be slowly doing. This show has sold itself, it doesn't need farts and jokes to gain an audience. Arya's story is coming along, though I wish we would have seen the warg with the cat so we know she is one too. Maybe the Umbers are playing games.....do we know if that really was Shagydog? We will see but like I've said. All of a sudden after all this time the Umbers turn on Starks just for the wildlings? Seems rushed or bad writing to me. Where is book 6?!?!?!?!?

As for Dayne, yeah that was great all around. Would love more story on him then what people mention in passing. I'd love to see more of why he was the best ever seen.

As for Jon, I loved how he got his revenge, said fuck it, "my watch is ended," I'm out. I'm guessing he is off with the wildlings to go gather people to either fight the dead or regain Winterfell for his family. Say the preview of Sansa next episode. Curious where she is going.....Manderly family? It can't be Karstarck of Umbers......I'm assuming.

Lurker
05-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Even CNN (http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/05/06/jake-tapper-and-john-king-break-down-game-of-thrones-campaign-origwx-jm.cnn) is getting into it...

(may have spoilers from May 1 program)

Still Servant
05-10-2016, 05:36 PM
As for Dayne, yeah that was great all around. Would love more story on him then what people mention in passing. I'd love to see more of why he was the best ever seen.

Me too. I love anything that has to do with the Dayne's. I even want to learn more about Darkstar (Gerold Dayne), who we've only seen/heard about in passing. He seems pretty mysterious.

fernandito
05-11-2016, 08:44 AM
What if Umber taking Rickon to Ramsay is a Trojan horse?

allasorte
05-11-2016, 09:57 AM
What if Umber taking Rickon to Ramsay is a Trojan horse?
That's what I'm hoping for especially with little John Umber being such a prick to Ramsey. How can you trust a kinslayer? I think Tyrion is in trouble with that regard down the road too. Kinslayers in the books never survive.

With little John alive on the show and dead in the books......I'm wondering how long he will last. People online are stating the alleged direwolf head looks really small for being Shaggydog. We will see if it really is Shaggydog or simply a normal wolf's head.

fernandito
05-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Also, can we all agree that Shaggydog is a dumb name?

The Super Serious moment is mitigated somewhat by the fact that his name sounds like something out of Scooby Doo.

RUBE
05-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Well he was named by a six-year old (and Rickon was even younger in the books.)

allasorte
05-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Also, can we all agree that Shaggydog is a dumb name?

The Super Serious moment is mitigated somewhat by the fact that his name sounds like something out of Scooby Doo.

Better then Shaggypuss?

fernandito
05-11-2016, 02:01 PM
:rofl:

Still Servant
05-12-2016, 04:55 PM
I love the idea of Rickon being a Trojan Horse. I'd love to see something like that happen.

As for that really being Shaggydog's head, that direwolf is straight up vicious. No way he'd go down easy.

allasorte
05-12-2016, 05:03 PM
I love the idea of Rickon being a Trojan Horse. I'd love to see something like that happen.

As for that really being Shaggydog's head, that direwolf is straight up vicious. No way he'd go down easy.

This show has gotten me in a frenzy. Since I read the books I have not been so into a story/show/movie/book since.....Breaking Bad. I search youtube and all this other stuff when I have time to see what people are talking about. The Trojan Horse thing I've read a lot about. Plus people can't understand why would Rickon just get thrown to Ramsey for nothing. AND Rickon hasn't been on the show for awhile. They have used the SAME actor to play him. GOT is notorious for changing actors after seasons. The Mountain is a great example and Dario. So to throw Rickon in, something must be up. It'll be interesting to see where Sansa pops up to. I don't see it being the Vale but we will see Sunday. Then again, we don't have the books for reference.

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 03:52 AM
Guys I am sorry as I might be forgetting BUT can some one fill me in. IS that the Mountain? And is he a zombie? I am drawing a blank... thanks!

Lookwhoitis
05-13-2016, 05:31 AM
Guys I am sorry as I might be forgetting BUT can some one fill me in. IS that the Mountain? And is he a zombie? I am drawing a blank... thanks!

Yes, it is him. He was re-animated by that dark Maester who was sympathetic to Cersei (Qyburn)

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 05:35 AM

Yes, it is him. He was re-animated by that dark Maester who was sympathetic to Cersei (Qyburn)

YOU ROCK. Remember now! I also could not remember where the 3rd dragon went. I have to be honest that is why I have not bothered with the books. I think they are FAR TOO packed with names, places, etc.... I like a nice read not one like this. Partly why I avoided the Martian too. Maybe one day when he is done... but for now I will go with the show. LOL

allasorte
05-13-2016, 09:50 AM
@Webstar/Kris. The books mention the mountain zombie as Robert Strong. They mentioned that as his name in the show in the finale of season 5. Why they aren't being shy about it no one knows. I liked Robert Strong and I liked the idea of everyone asking, "Isn't that the mountain?" When we all know from the show and the books that it is.

As for the dragons.......The show has left out characters. To be brief, someone thought they could catch and train and ride one so the idiot tried and got burned/dead. When he did this, the 2 locked up dragons flew away and we as readers have no idea what is going on with them (end of book 5). Dragon was resting like in the show when Dany got picked up by the Dothraki. The books are better for sure and I wish the show was following them more closely. However, the mountain vs the Viper fight was better in the show then in the books IMO. Subtle changes I can handle, but big ones I don't like at all. There are some key characters missing from the show.....especially Lady Stoneheart.

webstar1000
05-13-2016, 10:53 AM
@Webstar/Kris. The books mention the mountain zombie as Robert Strong. They mentioned that as his name in the show in the finale of season 5. Why they aren't being shy about it no one knows. I liked Robert Strong and I liked the idea of everyone asking, "Isn't that the mountain?" When we all know from the show and the books that it is.

As for the dragons.......The show has left out characters. To be brief, someone thought they could catch and train and ride one so the idiot tried and got burned/dead. When he did this, the 2 locked up dragons flew away and we as readers have no idea what is going on with them (end of book 5). Dragon was resting like in the show when Dany got picked up by the Dothraki. The books are better for sure and I wish the show was following them more closely. However, the mountain vs the Viper fight was better in the show then in the books IMO. Subtle changes I can handle, but big ones I don't like at all. There are some key characters missing from the show.....especially Lady Stoneheart.

I am going to read them... but when they are done.. if that ever happens.

Still Servant
05-13-2016, 04:07 PM

Yes.

I call him Frankenmountain.

allasorte
05-13-2016, 07:23 PM
I have a friend of mine, kind of cheap, who says he doesn't watch TV much and yet bought 2 LCD 47 plus inch TVs. What?! Anyway, I FINALLY got this guy tonight to climb out of the rock he lives under to start watching GOT. What?! Yeah, he thinks it is 1990. Some people?!?!?! He has no idea winter is coming.

RUBE
05-14-2016, 05:14 AM
I believe this episode is going to be the "reunion" episode with a lot of characters interacting that haven't seen each other in awhile but with a name like "The Book of the Stranger" there is either going to be a major death or just a lot of death. If this episode goes down the way I think then there will be a lot of Dothraki dying. Episode four has typically been a big one for Dany and she goes before the Khals in this episode. Does Drogon show up to save his mommy? Most likely. I just hope she plays a part and isn't just rescued. Challenging a Khal to mounted combat and then climbing on Drogon and seeing the look on the guy's face would be awesome. Whatever happens she most likely gets the greatest khalesar ever out of this and Drogon becomes the stallion that mounts the world.

allasorte
05-14-2016, 10:54 AM
I believe this episode is going to be the "reunion" episode with a lot of characters interacting that haven't seen each other in awhile but with a name like "The Book of the Stranger" there is either going to be a major death or just a lot of death. If this episode goes down the way I think then there will be a lot of Dothraki dying. Episode four has typically been a big one for Dany and she goes before the Khals in this episode. Does Drogon show up to save his mommy? Most likely. I just hope she plays a part and isn't just rescued. Challenging a Khal to mounted combat and then climbing on Drogon and seeing the look on the guy's face would be awesome. Whatever happens she most likely gets the greatest khalesar ever out of this and Drogon becomes the stallion that mounts the world.

I heard the episode is longer too.

Still Servant
05-15-2016, 05:50 AM
I have a friend of mine, kind of cheap, who says he doesn't watch TV much and yet bought 2 LCD 47 plus inch TVs. What?! Anyway, I FINALLY got this guy tonight to climb out of the rock he lives under to start watching GOT. What?! Yeah, he thinks it is 1990. Some people?!?!?! He has no idea winter is coming.

Does he at least use them for watching movies or playing video games? What does he do otherwise? Nobody can read ALL the time. I can understand it if he only watches sports on them, but if he's not into any of the stuff I just listed, it seems like a waste. Side note: I don't trust any person that says they don't watch TV. Something just isn't right with that.

allasorte
05-15-2016, 06:54 AM

Does he at least use them for watching movies or playing video games? What does he do otherwise? Nobody can read ALL the time. I can understand it if he only watches sports on them, but if he's not into any of the stuff I just listed, it seems like a waste. Side note: I don't trust any person that says they don't watch TV. Something just isn't right with that.

He is one the the new 7 wonders of the world. He doesn't read much at all. He is...."out there." Very hypocritical to say "you don't watch much TV" and yet owns 2 large owns. Or hearing him say, "I won't watch something that I feel might waste my time." Without knowing a synopsis, trailer, reviews, etc you won't know anything about it. Then, he wasted all of our time by watching a movie called "The Losers" from 2010. Had some famous people in it but you could tell by the writing, acting, music, it was cheesy and I thought it was a complete waste of time. I periodically go to this guys house because there are other, more intelligent life there lol. This guy is now just over 50. Paid off his house (not the greatest of areas) and cuts his hours at work. Doesn't need the money, though he does. He is from what I gather lazy and more frugal then you can possibly imagine. He states his time is valuable and yet his career is in the service industry. Not to knock that job area, but he isn't exactly curing cancer or making the world a better place. "But his time is valuable." Doing what, your guess is as good as anyone's. He is a nice guy don't get me wrong, but his views and thoughts are out there. Once, I was hell bent on killing him and decided to not go there for almost a year. I missed the other guys. The confrontation? He FIRMLY believes battered women, women getting abused by men, is a farce made up by television so people can feel sorry for women. Anyone with beyond low intelligence would know this to be false. Yet be Believes in UFOS!!! I've dealt with women in bad situations before and even some men that wouldn't fight back and hit an abusive wife. And during this conversation the other guys simply sat there while l I screamed at him. After, they said "he is out there" on some things. Yeah, thanks for standing up for reality assholes! The list can get bigger and more WTF, but this is for GOT. You asked Mr. Mike, so I told you some of it. I hope you didn't throw you computer out the window. And yes, what I said is shockingly true.

Anyway, tonight should be a good episode!!!

Still Servant
05-15-2016, 01:09 PM

He is one the the new 7 wonders of the world. He doesn't read much at all. He is...."out there." Very hypocritical to say "you don't watch much TV" and yet owns 2 large owns. Or hearing him say, "I won't watch something that I feel might waste my time." Without knowing a synopsis, trailer, reviews, etc you won't know anything about it. Then, he wasted all of our time by watching a movie called "The Losers" from 2010. Had some famous people in it but you could tell by the writing, acting, music, it was cheesy and I thought it was a complete waste of time. I periodically go to this guys house because there are other, more intelligent life there lol. This guy is now just over 50. Paid off his house (not the greatest of areas) and cuts his hours at work. Doesn't need the money, though he does. He is from what I gather lazy and more frugal then you can possibly imagine. He states his time is valuable and yet his career is in the service industry. Not to knock that job area, but he isn't exactly curing cancer or making the world a better place. "But his time is valuable." Doing what, your guess is as good as anyone's. He is a nice guy don't get me wrong, but his views and thoughts are out there. Once, I was hell bent on killing him and decided to not go there for almost a year. I missed the other guys. The confrontation? He FIRMLY believes battered women, women getting abused by men, is a farce made up by television so people can feel sorry for women. Anyone with beyond low intelligence would know this to be false. Yet be Believes in UFOS!!! I've dealt with women in bad situations before and even some men that wouldn't fight back and hit an abusive wife. And during this conversation the other guys simply sat there while l I screamed at him. After, they said "he is out there" on some things. Yeah, thanks for standing up for reality assholes! The list can get bigger and more WTF, but this is for GOT. You asked Mr. Mike, so I told you some of it. I hope you didn't throw you computer out the window. And yes, what I said is shockingly true.

Anyway, tonight should be a good episode!!!

Wow! Interesting case study there. He sounds like an odd bird. Then again, we all have our quirks.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hidden room somewhere in the house wallpapered with pictures of just women's armpits or something. Just sayin'.

allasorte
05-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Funny thing Mike, my buddy calls him an odd bird. Nothing would surprise me.
Anyway, I'm hoping tonight is a good tell for the show. I'm curious about possible northern conspiracies.

Still Servant
05-15-2016, 03:49 PM
Funny thing Mike, my buddy calls him an odd bird. Nothing would surprise me.
Anyway, I'm hoping tonight is a good tell for the show. I'm curious about possible northern conspiracies.

I have a feeling we won't get any Rickon this week.

CRinVA
05-16-2016, 07:46 AM
Ah Dany in all her glory!!!!

Not what I was expecting! was sure that her Dragon would make an appearance!

WeDealInLead
05-16-2016, 07:59 AM
Ramsey, you dick.

allasorte
05-16-2016, 09:26 AM
Ramsey, you dick.

I can't believe him. I can't believe the show either for bringing the same character back too.....you know what he did. As for Robin, I can't believe the knights would side against Lord Royce like that. Sorry, but Robin is too out there still for my taste. Stunned Littlefinger would have that much control for never being around. I wish Sansa or someone would teach Littlefinger a deadly lesson....soon.

Shannon
05-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Best episode of the season so far. And apparently, not a body double.

allasorte
05-16-2016, 11:57 AM

They were saying, yes that wasn't Dany's body. It was the same thing in season 5 with Cersei. Emilia now has a clause in her contract that she isn't naked anymore. She is now too "special" to do frontal nudity anymore. Eva Green still does it :)

fernandito
05-16-2016, 12:34 PM
You guys, I'm starting to get worried...

There are so many subplots and locations left to resolve in a satisfactory manner and there is precious little time to do it in.

Dorne, Iron Islands, and Mereen feel almost unnecessary to the main story at this point. I don't know how they are going to tie those events into the overarching story but whatever path they plan on taking they need to get started soon.

allasorte
05-16-2016, 01:22 PM

There are so many subplots and locations left to resolve in a satisfactory manner and there is precious little time to do it in.

Dorne, Iron Islands, and Mereen feel almost unnecessary to the main story at this point. I don't know how they are going to tie those events into the overarching story but whatever path they plan on taking they need to get started soon.

I know. And D and D says after this season only 13 episodes left. There are 6 left this season. Are they going to just teleport everyone together and flash "4 years later" on the screen?

Lookwhoitis
05-16-2016, 04:54 PM

They were saying, yes that wasn't Dany's body. It was the same thing in season 5 with Cersei. Emilia now has a clause in her contract that she isn't naked anymore. She is now too "special" to do frontal nudity anymore. Eva Green still does it :)

Yup those boobies definitely did not look like season 1. I'm willing to be aaight with Emilia keeping those puppies sheathed, because, well she was involved in the most brilliantly dynamic opening scene of any series in television history.

I like the making of footage (cersai walk) with the naked girl walking with a green hood on her face.

Johnny Alien
05-16-2016, 05:14 PM
I thought it looked different too but the actress confirmed that she did NOT use a body double and that is all her.

Lookwhoitis
05-16-2016, 05:19 PM
I thought it looked different too but the actress confirmed that she did NOT use a body double and that is all her.

That's what they want you to think, LOL They dont want to disturb the nerd fap-fest.

Looked green screen to me...

Lookwhoitis
05-16-2016, 05:20 PM
by the way, this show is BLOWING MY MIND!

so awesome to see the story progress...

allasorte
05-16-2016, 07:01 PM

That's what they want you to think, LOL They dont want to disturb the nerd fap-fest.

Looked green screen to me...

Agreed. She looked a little too frozen to be authentic. Emilia has been on shows complaining that the show is too violent and demeaning towards women. I think it is that way towards many types of people on the show. At any rate, it isn't her. I don't mind sort of. Just get tired of actress and actors that people talk about from one movie or show and then they think they are "special" or entitled.

allasorte
05-16-2016, 07:02 PM
by the way, this show is BLOWING MY MIND!

so awesome to see the story progress...

I think the show this season has been much better then season 5. But, keep it GOT style and away from being too Hollywood. And no more farts!

allasorte
05-18-2016, 05:35 PM

Emilia is now saying the nakedness in her contract is false (like Jon Snow dying). So, she allegedly said that that is her standing there. It is years later, so she could look different. She is saying that that is her. Confirm or not confirm, that is the question.

Still Servant
05-18-2016, 07:02 PM

Yup, this is what I've been saying to everybody that will listen. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I'm not still having a blast while watching this show, but I'm having anxiety issues every time a scene that doesn't seem to pertain to the overall story goes on a tad too long.

RUBE
05-21-2016, 06:30 PM

Emilia is now saying the nakedness in her contract is false (like Jon Snow dying). So, she allegedly said that that is her standing there. It is years later, so she could look different. She is saying that that is her. Confirm or not confirm, that is the question.

I am willing to believe her. I think it looks weird because they filmed her nude in a studio and added her to the film of the burning building. Between that and blurring it enough so you couldn't see too much, it made it look a little fake. Really, I don't see why it matters though. I am just happy the character took action and wasn't just a damsel in distress.

In fact, if you look at this episode all of the women are stronger than the men they are interacting with at the moment. Sansa has to talk Jon into going after Ramsey, Brienne owns Davos (and Melisandre), Jamie is just Cersie's shadow, Loras broke but Marge didn't, Theon is a crying mess to Yara, and Dany burns down a sexist regime to take control herself.

allasorte
05-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Apparently someone from HBO accidentally posted episode 5 on their streaming for a little while. Sort of released early. I saw it. A great episode, but, really heart breaking. That is all I will say and will vent later when everyone else is up to speed. I'm curious on the book changes, if any, if they are ever released.

subtrendy
05-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Yeah, last night's episode was rough. Excited for the Kings Landing plot to really develop next week, if the trailer is any indication.

fernandito
05-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Okay so, wow. What a fantastic episode. The best episode of the season thus far.

Two things...

1) Yes, the origin of Hodor's mental collapse and his subsequent death were pretty damn sad, but - that death is overshadowing what is truly important about that scene; the notion that Bran can affect the future by changing the past has earth shattering implications. What else did he have a hand in? If you think about it Bran could theoretically be the catalyst for a LOT of the events stretching back thousands of years. I'm getting chills just thinking about the possibilities!

2) Not sure how I feel about the Children of the Forest being the creators of the White Walkers yet. I always imagined their origin to be a little more.. sinister. And they never mentioned any of this until now? Hmm...

allasorte
05-23-2016, 03:15 PM
It was a great episode don't get me wrong. Got a lot of information (not sure what is book related or not). The Hodor thing is definitely coming in the books. Super sad, but like Fernandito said, Bran seems like he has the capabilities to do amazing things or truly screw things up. Perhaps he will travel back and stop the first white walker? Just a thought. I'm just disappointed to see so many important characters, with their future potential, not have anymore....so to speak. 'm not ecstatic about the Summer bit at all!

Still Servant
05-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Such a fantastic ending. I'm not going to lie, I had chills the whole time. I've watched the ending 3 times since and each time the chills came back.

The Hodor reveal is easily one of the best reveals I've seen in years. The cutting back and forth was just perfect. The thought that Hodor has been saying the word Hodor, which is essentially like a constant reminder to himself of the task he must unknowingly accomplish, is just heart-wrenching. Fucking clever as shit and just perfect.

The one bummer for me is how the Direwolves are dropping like flies. I know the CGI costs an arm and a leg, but Jesus.

Okay so, wow. What a fantastic episode. The best episode of the season thus far.

Two things...

1) Yes, the origin of Hodor's mental collapse and his subsequent death were pretty damn sad, but - that death is overshadowing what is truly important about that scene; the notion that Bran can affect the future by changing the past has earth shattering implications. What else did he have a hand in? If you think about it Bran could theoretically be the catalyst for a LOT of the events stretching back thousands of years. I'm getting chills just thinking about the possibilities!

Good point. The ramifications are vast. My only caution would be that they have to be super careful with any sort of time travel stuff. It tends not to go over very well when incorporated into shows. They should tread lightly.

Heather19
05-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Really enjoying this season so far. The last two episodes have been fantastic.

Two things...

Good point. The ramifications are vast. My only caution would be that they have to be super careful with any sort of time travel stuff. It tends not to go over very well when incorporated into shows. They should tread lightly.

I hadn't really thought about it, but you're right. They could go in a lot of different directions with this. Mike makes a good point too though. Time travel can get tricky, so I hope they don't go over the top with it.

Tommy
05-23-2016, 04:57 PM
The speculative article I read said Bran might just be responsible for the whole thing. The Mad King may have been made mad if future Bran tries to contact him. It might make people lose their minds to be contacted by someone from the future like it did to Hodor. Also, Bran might be the founder of House Stark, Bran the Builder.

Another speculative article I read says that Dany will become the villain eventually. I like that idea. :evil:

fernandito
05-23-2016, 05:30 PM
One of the prevailing theories across the web is that Bran has a direct hand in The Mad King losing his mind.

The theory is that TMK goes nuts after hearing Bran whispers warnings to him across the years and not being able to make sense of them.

That would be pretty fucking brilliant. Like I said, the possibilities are endless.

*EDIT*

LOL. I had this page open for like an hour and forgot to hit Reply. Once I did I realized that Tommy beat me to the punch.

Heather19
05-23-2016, 05:51 PM
That's definitely an intriguing theory.

allasorte
05-23-2016, 06:08 PM
That's definitely an intriguing theory.
I've read the same thing with Bran. Of course, we won't find out the truth until Martin releases book 6 in the year 2024, and then book 7 in the year 2057 30 years after his death. By that time a ghost writer will have to finish the books and we will all probably be dead to read the books. And we will miss 5 re-adaptations of the books also before the 7th and final book is released. So.....we won't know the truth.

fernandito
05-24-2016, 09:00 AM
I hope Martin's grandsons travel back in time through the Weirwood trees to warn him of the dangers of not finishing the series :lol:

Tommy
05-25-2016, 12:20 AM
Also, fairly certain Sansa is preggers.

fernandito
05-25-2016, 08:40 AM
Interesting... hadn't considered that. It's a possibility!

Still Servant
05-25-2016, 05:26 PM
One of the prevailing theories across the web is that Bran has a direct hand in The Mad King losing his mind.

The theory is that TMK goes nuts after hearing Bran whispers warnings to him across the years and not being able to make sense of them.

That would be pretty fucking brilliant. Like I said, the possibilities are endless.

*EDIT*

LOL. I had this page open for like an hour and forgot to hit Reply. Once I did I realized that Tommy beat me to the punch.

Ummmm, are we talking show or books?

I don't see how they can introduce The Mad King on the show at this stage of the game. People are going to be super confused. He's only been mentioned in passing on the show.

Honestly, I've been so wrapped up with the show recently that I keep forgetting to get excited for the upcoming books. Or maybe I've convinced myself that they're eventual release is just as far fetched as Old Nan's stories.

Johnny Alien
05-25-2016, 05:29 PM
I think that it's a bit clever with how he has created events we have already seen however I really would not like that to become a major part of the storyline...it's was too "LOST" for me.

fernandito
05-25-2016, 05:42 PM
There's going to be at LEAST one major Bran-fucked-with-the-past-trying-to-prevent-the-future moment. I'm positive.

There's no way Martin/HBO showrunners revealed that dormant power for something as minor - in the grand scheme of things - as Hodor's death. That's too powerful an ability to not have some major ramifications.

Tommy
05-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Well Bran will eventually turn into the Three-Eyed Raven. When the TER said "It is time for you to become me" Bran said "Am I ready?" the TER said "No" but with a very knowing look. To me, it seems the TER knows that Bran is going to screw things up royally (because he was once the young Bran himself) but he also knows that this is the way things happened and he can't change it now. I wonder if Jaime knocking him out of that window is what caused his warg or Greenseer powers to become so strong. Others have been shown to be able to warg but if I'm not mistaken, we haven't seen anyone that can go into human minds like Bran can? I didn't see the trailer for next week's show but someone said there is a silhouette at one point that looks like it could be Jaime stabbing someone (TMK?) in the back.

Also, I've lost track of the direwolves, which ones are left? Arya's and Jon's?

allasorte
05-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Yes Tommy, Arya's and Jon's. The books Nymeria is running around with a giant wolf pack and Ghost is with Jon. As for Bran, maybe he will go back, stop the children from doing their spell on the first "other" and then no more white walkers. Then, we have no major plot of humanity vs. the others. lol

I am curious though. Will there really be an end all battle of humanity vs the others. Will it be that cliche? Theorists always talk about the others as simply people different then the others on the other side of the wall. Like some of the conversations we have read and seen where wildlings are who they are simply because they were on the wrong side of the wall when it was built and are simply different. Hence, the others are simply different. And if you read the books, you know the others do not look like they do in the show. They are sort of like albinos and wear glass type armor.

I haven't seen it but I heard the original pilot had language and dialogue from the white walkers. The show took it out so viewers (who didn't read the books) could distinguish who was evil and a threat right off the bat. Anyone see this pilot that was cut out?

Tommy
05-26-2016, 04:40 AM
I LOVE details like this...

The Character Names in Game of Thrones Are the Sneakiest Part of the Series (http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Game-Thrones-Character-Name-Meanings-41442660)

Heather19
05-26-2016, 05:27 AM
Love that last bit about Tyrion

Tommy
05-26-2016, 05:30 AM
I know, right? :thumbsup:

Still Servant
05-30-2016, 05:30 PM
I know it's Memorial Day weekend, but no Thrones talk. No Uncle Benjen discussion? No House Tarly talk? No Girl with No Name turning back into Arya scuttlebutt? How about King Tommen joining with the Faith Militant?

allasorte
05-30-2016, 05:47 PM
I know it's Memorial Day weekend, but no Thrones talk. No Uncle Benjen discussion? No House Tarly talk? No Girl with No Name turning back into Arya scuttlebutt? How about King Tommen joining with the Faith Militant?

The episode seemed a bit like filler no? Sure there was some great stuff. I'm disappointed Benjen is coldhands. Martin said coldhands was not Benjen, unless he lied. I'm curious if Benjen will eventually turn or die because of the semi white walker he is, sort of. Loved house Tarly and the father. He was great. Arya shocked me. I was hoping she would learn more from the faceless men and become a badass and then go home. Now she has a contract on her, but I love her story now because of the books. Tommen....it is only a matter of time before he is dead. I feel Marjory is lying and playing a game as she did not convert; really. Tommen, he went against his family, and we all know that never bodes well in GOT. Overall I enjoyed the episode, but too much time wasted on Tommen. I was hoping for a lot of information on the north being rallied against Ramsey.

WeDealInLead
06-01-2016, 05:28 PM
I just realized that Tommen sending away Jaime to Riverlands puts the Kingslayer in sync with the books, doesn't it? I got the impression that's where Sansa and Brienne are heading. Jaime and Brienne on opposite sides.

Also, a face is owed. I suspect one uppity waif is going to have her face sliced off, but only after a proper sticking with the pointy end.

allasorte
06-01-2016, 05:58 PM
I just realized that Tommen sending away Jaime to Riverlands puts the Kingslayer in sync with the books, doesn't it? I got the impression that's where Sansa and Brienne are heading. Jaime and Brienne on opposite sides.

Also, a face is owed. I suspect one uppity waif is going to have her face sliced off, but only after a proper sticking with the pointy end.

Correct on book Jaime. As for Arya, rumor the waif is too obsessed and angry with Arya, which means she isn't a true servant of the many faced god. Neither Arya though from her actions..... But, allegedly Arya's last trial is the waif. We will see.

Still Servant
06-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Mark it. Arya runs into Gilly and Sam on their travels, just like in the book, although this time, they may actually stay together for a longer period of time and Sam will learn who she really is.

fernandito
06-02-2016, 09:57 AM
The episode seemed a bit like filler no?
It only feels that way because there were no deaths, and let's be honest - The Door was always going to be an impossibly difficult act to follow.

This episode set up a LOT of incoming threads;

-Arya vs The Waif
-Jamie vs High Sparrow
-Jamie meeting up with Brienne
-Sam finally finding his balls and striking out on his own towards uncertainty

I'm disappointed Benjen is coldhands. Martin said coldhands was not Benjen, unless he lied.
Of course he lied. Producers and show runners deal in deceit and misdirection to keep the illusion of secrecy intact for as long as possible.

Look at D.B Weiss and Benioff and how many times they assured us that "Jon Snow was 100% dead".

allasorte
06-02-2016, 10:11 AM
True Fernandito. Very true. I was just hoping Benjen would come back from.....being captured or something. I just feel his fate is sealed because of what he sort of is now.

I felt the King's Landing parts were just drawn out a bit too much. All the build up....for nothing. Unless of course Cersei has this all planned out. She was too calm when confronting Jaime about their son and Jaime was flipping out. hmmmmm

Still Servant
06-05-2016, 03:26 AM
Honestly, I had convinced myself that Coldhands was Benjen a long time ago. It's the only thing that made sense.

Johnny Alien
06-05-2016, 03:34 AM
Look at D.B Weiss and Benioff and how many times they assured us that "Jon Snow was 100% dead".

There is truth in saying that Jon Snow was dead. He actually WAS 100% dead.

In the case of Martin saying that Coldhands wasn't Benjen there are a few possibilities. 1. He knew he was but lied. 2. The show went a direction that the books aren't. 3. He changed his mind.

It' always possible that the book will have more than one character "like" coldhands and that he will introduce Benjen that way but the show just merged characters for was of storytelling. They do that all the time. My guess is it's more likely that he lied at the time to misdirect people or that he has since changed his mind on that character.

fernandito
06-06-2016, 08:15 AM
I really enjoyed last night's episode. I know we all want Action All The Time, but the show tackles the smaller moments even better. Jamie's verbal sparring and battle of wits with Blackfish was fantastic.

Also, The Hound! Yet another TV moment which adheres to the old adage of; if you don't actually SEE them die, don't assume it happened. I wonder where they're going with his arc.. perhaps it truly is about the Gods punishing him? Next week promises to be violent as hell.

Probably the only bit I didn't like was the little girl in charge of House Mormont. I understand what they were trying to do, but perhaps they should have used an actress that's a little bit older. An actress at that age simply does not yet have the acting tools necessary to play the scene with the gravitas it requires. It was too difficult to take that exchange seriously.

Any idea what the rose that Margaery drew on the paper meant?

allasorte
06-06-2016, 11:41 AM
My guess on the rose on the paper was her telling her grandmother that she, Margery, is still on the queen of thorns side? Isn't her brother called the rose?

What about Sansa writing that letter? That had to be for help from Littlefinger.

I loved the episode. It is ABOUT TIME someone called Cersei out on her idiotic plans with the high sparrow. Not sure why no one ever did it before. I have always loved the queen of thorns. I loved house Mormont. All that dialogue and persuasion.....for 62 men lol! I wish house Glover would help the Starks....we will see. Hoping the Manderlays would help too. Not sure why Jon wants to simply march with not enough men though. I don't need death to have a good episode or show. I need good story and plots and characters. Jaime and the black fish was great. Arya.....I hope she is OK! I'm waiting for her to kill the waif. Anyway, enjoyed it completely. I'm seeing the black fish leaving his castle, taking his nephew to do so, and going north to help the Starks. Wonder where the Hound will go now?

Still Servant
06-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Probably the only bit I didn't like was the little girl in charge of House Mormont. I understand what they were trying to do, but perhaps they should have used an actress that's a little bit older. An actress at that age simply does not yet have the acting tools necessary to play the scene with the gravitas it requires. It was too difficult to take that exchange seriously.

I agree about that scene, but I don't think it's fair to say there are no actors that age that could pull a scene like that off. There are a few, she's not one of them. Just look what Jacob Tremblay did last year in Room. That kid was unreal.

My guess on the rose on the paper was her telling her grandmother that she, Margery, is still on the queen of thorns side? Isn't her brother called the rose?

The sigil for House Tyrell is a rose, so you'd be right in assuming that her message to her grandmother is that she is still loyal to their house.

Here is an interesting read in regard to Greyscale and how it could play a major role. It also discusses the Shrouded Lord, which I honestly completely forgot about.

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/did-game-of-thrones-just-send-jorah-on-a-quest-to-find-another-zombie-army?hf_source=Facebook&hf_medium=Boost&hf_campaign=June2016Preroll

RUBE
06-08-2016, 06:59 AM
While the last two episodes were "setup"episodes, I still really enjoyed both. I thought the Mormont scene was great actually. How much more can you really ask for there? The things I was a little disappointed in included Dany's speech (seemed like they thought it would be a powerful way to end the episode but it wasn't) and Arya's actions leading to her getting stabbed. A lot of talk online seems to believe something else is going on there such as that was really Jaqen disguised as Arya to test the waif or, even crazier, Arya and the Waif are the same person and this is a battle in Arya's mind. I like Fight Club but I think that would be weird here.

Tommy
06-09-2016, 08:45 AM
With regards to the Arya theories, wouldn't Jagen have to have her face before masquerading as her? Or can he disguise himself as anyone? I don't buy the Fight Club theory but I might be wrong. We have not seen the Waif interact with anyone other than Arya and Jagen I think. Could be interesting...

fernandito
06-09-2016, 09:28 AM
I love the Waif-Fight Club theory, BUT

That would mean Arya is "killing" off Arya Stark to truly become a No One, yet the point of the past few episodes is that she is NOT a No One, but rather Arya of House Stark, not a mindless assassin.

Seeing her fully transform into a No One would be interesting, but I much prefer conflicted, vindictive Arya.

Lookwhoitis
06-09-2016, 10:35 AM
I also thought the Lady Mormont scene was excellent. That little girl was really good. Perhaps the naysayers should suspend disbelief :D

Tommy
06-09-2016, 10:49 AM
This is going back a bit but did anyone else notice in the episode right before the Hold the Door episode that several characters are seen going through doors? Littlefinger gets out of the door of his carriage, Margery goes through the door of her brother's prison cell, Brienne and Sansa go through the doors of the Night's watch, Cersei goes through the door to the room where Tommen is talking with the Maester and so on. I realize a character is probably shown going through doors in every episode but they really piled it on for that one. Not really that important but it was very clever foreshadowing.

fernandito
06-09-2016, 12:27 PM
I also thought the Lady Mormont scene was excellent. That little girl was really good. Perhaps the naysayers should suspend disbelief :D
This is a show with dragons and warlocks, don't really have trouble suspending belief lol.

It just felt unnatural, is all.

Odetta
06-12-2016, 06:55 AM
This is a show with dragons and warlocks, don't really have trouble suspending belief lol.

I loved her! And I loved her 62 men! :)

Lookwhoitis
06-12-2016, 07:37 AM

I loved her! And I loved her 62 men! :)

She really was great, IMO. Best scene in the whole show.

allasorte
06-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Not sure if people know, but there are titles up for the next episodes
8 is "No one"
9 is "Battle of the Bastards"
I'm getting excited for tonight. People mentioning Arya a lot. As in, her watching those skits about King's Landing and "learning" a thing or two from how the actors were doing their affects. Meaning, perhaps Arya tricked the Waif with fake blood and injuries. Why would she be strolling through all the city to see how badly she was injured? And we know she will be jumping around this episode. How is that possible? We will see.

allasorte
06-13-2016, 12:56 AM
I enjoyed the episode, but does anyone feel cheated with the non-siege at River run and the final confrontation between Arya and the waif?

fernandito
06-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Yes, on both counts.

The Blackfish branch was the more disappointing of the two; I didn't buy that 'Edmure is our liege so we must obey him even if his decisions are idiotic' schtick the showrunners were selling for one second. They're going to turn their backs on the Blackfish, the brave general whom helped them retake the castle for a man they haven't seen in years and is potentially just an avatar for the enemies' wishes? And then that same general gets killed unceremoniously off screen? Bullshit. That was bad writing for the sake of hastening Jamie's return to King's Landing.

Gotta say, now that Arya's time in Braavos is up, I feel like that whole story arc existed pretty much just to spin its wheels and keep Arya out of trouble and out of sight until shit starts hitting the fan. That is unless the skills she acquired there serves a very, very specific purpose later..

Bethany
06-14-2016, 10:00 AM
Yes, on both counts.

The Blackfish branch was the more disappointing of the two; I didn't buy that 'Edmure is our liege so we must obey him even if his decisions are idiotic' schtick the showrunners were selling for one second. They're going to turn their backs on the Blackfish, the brave general whom helped them retake the castle for a man they haven't seen in years and is potentially just an avatar for the enemies' wishes? And then that same general gets killed unceremoniously off screen? Bullshit. That was bad writing for the sake of hastening Jamie's return to King's Landing.

Gotta say, now that Arya's time in Braavos is up, I feel like that whole story arc existed pretty much just to spin its wheels and keep Arya out of trouble and out of sight until shit starts hitting the fan. That is unless the skills she acquired there serves a very, very specific purpose later..

She does have a very particular set of skills.

allasorte
06-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Yes, on both counts.

I don't get it either. It is like D and D can't write or are disinterested in the show. It seems pretty evident now. The whole scene with Tyrion and the other two....exchanging jokes. You can't figure out something more interesting and creative.

Blackfish, in the books, escapes a different way during a real siege. The whole Riverrun thing was so anti-climactic. I was disappointed. Same with Arya. All the build up with her and the waif to simply end with the viewers only seeing the aftermath. I thought the slicing of the candle was a really cool affect, but, then we fast forward to the ending of her eastern story. Still love the show, but what's next? Tyrion fast forwarding on the throne episode 10? Where is the story and dialogue that made this show amazing?

Still Servant
06-14-2016, 05:50 PM
Nobody is mentioning the most intriguing part of the show and that is The Hound meeting up with Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr and the Brotherhood without Banners. Their return brings up a very distinct possibility and I think you all know where I'm going with this. Lady Stoneheart.

It's no secret how I feel about her omission. It's my biggest regret with the show. I even went so far as to write my own scene when she wasn't included at the end of one of the season's a few years ago. I've also made it clear that I now think it's impossible for them to bring her into the show.

With that being said, it's hard to deny the fact that this is a perfect opportunity. Why else bring back Beric and the rest of his crew? I'm starting to think that it's actually possible that we get LSH afterall. A possible thread is the fact that The Hound is the one character that has connections to both Arya and Sansa. I can see a scenario where The Hound vows to find them both. I don't know, something seems up.

If anybody wants to read the scene I wrote, just let me know and I'll post it.

RUBE
06-15-2016, 04:12 AM
Is it possible that LSH will turn into Ser Blackheart? Maybe that is the reason they needed to kill off the Blackfish? Of course, it seems too late in the season to be able to set that up properly but they are rushing other storylines that they should have started earlier in the season such as the seige of Mereen.

Bethany
06-15-2016, 06:29 AM
Honestly, I don't even have fun speculating anymore. All you have to do is turn to Buzzfeed or Twitter to see what the latest plot lines will be. It's like the writers are pandering to the masses just to have content with no thought to the larger picture.

fernandito
06-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Am I the only one that could not care less about LSH's exclusion?

We already have plenty of avatars for Stark vengeance..

allasorte
06-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Am I the only one that could not care less about LSH's exclusion?

We already have plenty of avatars for Stark vengeance..
I'm fine with her being left out. They have left out some intriguing characters as it is. I'm more disappointed on the whole Winterfell murder mysteries with the Boltons and where that is going in the books. And curious about where the other Targaryen's story line is going too (book cousin of Dany that isn't in the show either). Some great characters are dead in the show that aren't dead in the books. That is more of a mystery to me. :(

RUBE
06-16-2016, 07:56 AM
I don't care that LSH is cut but it seems odd to move all the pieces in place but not do anything with it. They have reintroduced the Brotherhood Without Banners and put Jaime and Brienne back in the Riverlands. Why bother if they just go back? I feel like something is going to happen but I am not sure what. I know there are more scenes coming with the Freys so maybe we will at least get a little vengeance there.

allasorte
06-16-2016, 12:25 PM
I don't care that LSH is cut but it seems odd to move all the pieces in place but not do anything with it. They have reintroduced the Brotherhood Without Banners and put Jaime and Brienne back in the Riverlands. Why bother if they just go back? I feel like something is going to happen but I am not sure what. I know there are more scenes coming with the Freys so maybe we will at least get a little vengeance there.

The whole episode 8 was cock teases. Not that violence is needed to make a great episode, but the missing dialogue or lack there of has been a disappointment without D and D using Martin's books. It seems evident that D and D cannot write on par with Martin.

1. The hound going all killing spree to get revenge on the Band of Brothers when all he decides to do was push over 2 tree stumps :(.
2. The non-siege at Riverrun. :(
3. Cersei finally saying "I choose violence" and ONE person dies. :(
4. Blackfish, an amazing character and great war general, dies off screen. His family words or Family, Duty, Honor and yet he dies off screen instead of helping family.....the Starks :(
5. Arya and Waif fight that is also fought off screen. I get Arya being able to fight in the dark and it's fitting when the waif fought/taught her when blind....but still. :(

So. I'm losing faith in the writers of the show. Maybe it is time to pass the baton to people that actual love the show that can and will do a better job??? Hopefully they won't do idiotic fart jokes or waste camera time of stellar characters like Tyrion standing around for 10 minutes asking if anyone knows a good joke. No wonder why D and D are thinking of shortening the next 2 seasons. "They know nothing!"

RUBE
06-16-2016, 01:53 PM
You can say that D&D are bad writers but I don't think you can really accuse them of not caring about the story. They are the ones that pitched the idea to Martin and impressed him enough to let them make a show. They were not just assigned this by HBO. I wish they still had books to follow to help them but that is pointless to think about now because the show will be long over before Martin finishes his story.

allasorte
06-16-2016, 02:47 PM
You can say that D&D are bad writers but I don't think you can really accuse them of not caring about the story. They are the ones that pitched the idea to Martin and impressed him enough to let them make a show. They were not just assigned this by HBO. I wish they still had books to follow to help them but that is pointless to think about now because the show will be long over before Martin finishes his story.
IDK. Maybe they do care, or cared at one point. Maybe they still do. I'll I'm saying is that the writing for seasons 5 and 6, without the books, has not been stellar like seasons 1-4. If they do truly still care for the show, then they seem to not have the creativity or style or workmanship or passion like Martin. They don't have "it" when it comes to dialogue with telling Martin's story.

Still Servant
06-16-2016, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't say that the writing is bad. The plotting is a little odd at times, but I'm still loving the season so far.

D&D are good writers.

Still Servant
06-19-2016, 04:18 PM
This should be a good one tonight!

allasorte
06-19-2016, 08:30 PM
This should be a good one tonight!

The dialogue was actually great. Everything mentioned meant something. The battles were over the top. It was beyond impressive. It exceeded my expectations. I heard this episode is up for some awards already.

Lookwhoitis
06-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Simply Breathtaking! :onfire:

Shannon
06-20-2016, 07:12 AM
Awe. Some.

fernandito
06-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Probably one of the greatest battle scenes I've ever seen in visual medium. Simply fantastic. They outdid themselves with this episode.

Pros:
+ The beyond epic battle sequence. Gritty, visceral, entertaining, gut wrenching.
+ Jon and Ramay's pre match banter.
+ Daenerys putting an end to the Slaver rebellion
+ Ramsay's comeuppance

Cons:
- Has the show decided to do away with all semblance of travel? The Knights of the Vale, Theon & Yara.. they all reached their respective destinations at warp speed. Some of the shows best moments have come while characters travel from one place to the other, but maybe that's not as important anymore as we fast track toward the end game.

-Why didn't Sansa tell Jon before the battle where he was nearly killed of her pact with Littlefinger? Couldn't 75% of their forces have been spared if she said "hey, just wait a few mins while Littlefinger gets here" ?!

allasorte
06-20-2016, 11:46 AM
She sent the letter, but we had no idea the Vale was coming to the rescue. I honestly don't know if she knew. If Sansa did know, then yes, she might have a problem with her brother. People and their communication skills! She is acting a lot like her mother with going behind her son's back, Rob's, to do things for what she feels is in everyone's best interests. Did Jon deserve to know if she knew the Vale was coming? Truly! Could have saved lives or made the Bolton's come to them. Then again, Jon fell for Ramsey's game which in turn started the battle earlier then everyone seemed to want.
As for transporting, well, I think it is hard for a show to show time frames or time. Remember seeing the dragons season 2? Small like cats, then season 3 they were the size of people. Bam! It is what it is. I don't complain about the generational time lapses like that. I'm more concerned about the dialogue without the books. Hell of a job with that episode 9!

Dany will be in Westeros tomorrow lol. Though I have concerns with how the West will view her army of Dhothraki. They all call them savages and I'm curious whom they hate more. Them or wildlings and if they will want her as a ruler when she tries to take over the west because of who she is using as an army. Maybe the whole aftermath they will go home?

allasorte
06-20-2016, 11:49 AM
I loved the travel and moments between Arya and the Hound the best.

Still Servant
06-20-2016, 04:38 PM
I can't put into words how great that episode was, but I can put it into a meme:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7379/27770771296_d16849c50b_b.jpg

Lookwhoitis
06-20-2016, 05:03 PM
I disagree that Sansa did not know. She purposefully withheld the information with a strategic goal in mind. That of having the Knights of the Vale come and turn the tide after both armies had depleted each other.

Ser Davos called off the archer volleys, as they could hit their own men. Ramsey gleefully called volley after volley, the safety of his men be damned.

Sansa showed herself a master of the Game by knowingly withholding the information of the incoming reinforcements, because she did NOT want them to wait. A battle that begun with Ramsey thinking he had the upper hand (due to his own trickery) allowed the tide to be turned by a masterful move of the chess piece by Sansa. Just watch how her faux complaining to Jon snow about how he didnt ask her advice and why didnt they wait... It was misdirection. She stone cold played her own brother because she KNEW unexpected reinforcements would turn the tide and bring victory. If they had waited for Littlefinger's men to show up, Ramsey, being the craven that he is may have holed up in the castle.

Sansa KNEW what Ramsey would do. She KNEW Rickon would die and told Jon so.

Sansa Stark has arrived. With her mother's fierceness and the guile learned by watching one of the biggest tricksters in the whole show in Littlefinger, she has become a formidable Player, able to manipulate and inspire with ease and smart enough to figure it all out. (and of course she is probably being built up just so she can die a horrible traumatic death)

I believe she has the chops right now to be in the running for winning the game.

fernandito
06-21-2016, 08:03 AM
Excellent write up, Look.

I was very surprised Sansa was so callous as to suggest there was nothing that could be done for Rickon. She's been a prisoner of violence and depravity for so long she no longer accepts even the tiniest sliver of hope into her soul.

She truly is emerging a formidable player of the great Game.

Heather19
06-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Finally got to watch it last night. Excellent episode! I think you're right Look. I am surprised that she gave up on Rickon though. Like Feev says she was a prisoner to Ramsey, so I wish she would have tried to save him, although maybe she knew she couldn't. Makes me sad that they brought him back only to be killed off right away :(

fernandito
06-21-2016, 11:50 AM
What does everyone think of Davos' discovery that Melisandre was directly responsible for Shireen's death?

It will mean one of 3 things

1. Davos confronts Melisandre, dies
2. Melisandre lets Davos kill her as she has outlived her usefulness/will want to pay for her sins
3. Davos abandons Jon in light of the news

allasorte
06-21-2016, 03:46 PM
What does everyone think of Davos' discovery that Melisandre was directly responsible for Shireen's death?

It will mean one of 3 things

1. Davos confronts Melisandre, dies
2. Melisandre lets Davos kill her as she has outlived her usefulness/will want to pay for her sins
3. Davos abandons Jon in light of the news

I think if he confronts her and asks why, will she lie and blame Stanis or say the truth? She seems to be pretty open and honest, yet never told him the truth when he asked. Davos in a sense abandoned Stanis after his death and is now following Jon for the upcoming war of living vs. the dead. For the greater good, will Davos hold his tongue until that finale war is over? I feel Mel will survive this if confronted. I feel the red God with protect her if he isn't done with her. Just my opinion.

allasorte
06-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Finally got to watch it last night. Excellent episode! I think you're right Look. I am surprised that she gave up on Rickon though. Like Feev says she was a prisoner to Ramsey, so I wish she would have tried to save him, although maybe she knew she couldn't. Makes me sad that they brought him back only to be killed off right away :(

I don't think she gave up on Rickon. She knew who Ramsey was and knew he never would survive because of exactly what she said, "He is the rightful heir to Winterfell." They do know Bran is alive, why didn't they mention him? As for Sansa knowing the Vale was coming, as a viewer, did I miss something? Did Littlefinger return a message back stating he will definitively come to help the Starks take back Winterfell?

Still Servant
06-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Probably one of the greatest battle scenes I've ever seen in visual medium. Simply fantastic. They outdid themselves with this episode.

I didn't want to comment after the episode because I didn't want to react so soon after an episode that left me on such a high. Sometimes my feelings are a little over the top when I watch something and I didn't want to proclaim something and for it to come off as overblown.

That being said, I watched the episode again and my initial reactions have been confirmed. The battle sequence between Snow/Bolton is the greatest battle sequence ever recorded. I love Braveheart, it's one of my favorite films of all-time. The same goes for The Return of the King, but this episode tops both in every single way. They captured the utter chaos of close combat warfare like I've never seen it before.

The episode also stood out for me because it's one of the rare episodes where the good guys win. I think that's what's great about the books/show. The good guys have been down for so long, that when they finally come out on top it really felt fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat literally cheering like I was watching one of my sports teams. A very unique experience. One that I've never had while watching a TV show.

I can all but guarantee that this isn't how it goes down in the books.

allasorte
06-21-2016, 07:28 PM
I saw a preview for the finale. We know what Littlefinger wants.....Sansa. I'm interested in seeing if the ending of this season will be like book 5. We all know Varys is going back to King's Landing :smile_002:

Tommy
06-21-2016, 08:22 PM
It's not looking good for Sansa if this scene from season 5 means anything...This Key Game Of Thrones Scene Could Spell Doom For Sansa In The Finale (http://www.refinery29.com/2016/06/114629/forgotten-game-of-thrones-scene)

Shannon
06-21-2016, 09:58 PM
I completely forgot all about the little burned girl and the stag until you guys brought it up. I just thought the Davos fire pit/stag scene from the last episode was some sort of Bolton scouting party's fire. Didn't even cross my mind until now, thanks.

Heather19
06-22-2016, 04:45 AM
I can all but guarantee that this isn't how it goes down in the books.

I really do hope that he has a much larger role in the books.

allasorte
06-22-2016, 02:20 PM
It's not looking good for Sansa if this scene from season 5 means anything...This Key Game Of Thrones Scene Could Spell Doom For Sansa In The Finale (http://www.refinery29.com/2016/06/114629/forgotten-game-of-thrones-scene)

I remember this. But, Littlefinger was also involved in killing Joffrey. Cersei obviously doesn't know. I think Sansa will be fine as Littlefinger seems to play games with everyone. I feel eventually someone will catch him at his own game. Perhaps even Sansa. We will see.

Tommy
06-22-2016, 02:31 PM
I hope so because I really like Sansa.

Still Servant
06-22-2016, 05:39 PM
I saw a preview for the finale. We know what Littlefinger wants.....Sansa. I'm interested in seeing if the ending of this season will be like book 5. We all know Varys is going back to King's Landing :smile_002:

Honestly, Sansa needs to give Littlefinger an all access pass pronto. The dude came up big time. He didn't just buy dinner or something.

Darkthoughts
06-23-2016, 09:19 AM
ohhhh!! Yep, the significance of the little stag had totally passed me by too...

Still Servant
06-23-2016, 07:26 PM
A cool tidbit I noticed while watching the episode back a third time is that Lady Mormont's 62 men came in handy. The shield Jon Snow picks up is a Mormont shield.

Tommy
06-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Good catch!

Still Servant
06-25-2016, 07:16 PM
So.

This is going to suck.

My friend is getting married tomorrow. Yes, I'm going to miss the Game of Thrones finale live. I've already pleaded with him to set up a projection screen, but no dice.

I swear on the seven, if somebody spoils the finale for me that wedding is going to turn red real quick.

Tommy
06-25-2016, 07:23 PM
So.

This is going to suck.

My friend is getting married tomorrow. Yes, I'm going to miss the Game of Thrones finale live. I've already pleaded with him to set up a projection screen, but no dice.

I swear on the seven, if somebody spoils the finale for me that wedding is going to turn red real quick.

How rude of your friend to have their wedding on the GOT finale night! I won't be seeing the episode until later in the week as well. I'm going to have to avoid Yahoo and this thread until then. :pullhair:

allasorte
06-25-2016, 08:03 PM
So.

This is going to suck.

Give us your number. We will text you ever 5 mins and update you. It would be rude to call. Who gets married on a Sunday? That is rude lol.

allasorte
06-26-2016, 08:20 PM
I hope I'm not too tired to write. I was shocked how D and D pulled off this finale. It was epic. Great writing, story lines that ended, started, evolved. So much going on and I feel watching it several times will be the only true way to absorb everything. It is official, Varys is a teleporter.

We had great music. I mean I really enjoyed it. No white walkers though....at all. But we had so much to see. We will see if book 6 ever comes out, but we do now know what R plus L equals. My favorite part besides the north alignment, Littlefinger getting denied, was Frey pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon
06-26-2016, 08:58 PM
Great finale. Actually, great last two episodes. Epic action and then epic storytelling.

And it looks like they're going to drag out the L + R reveal, which is dumb because everyone has already been spoiled on it already.

I dont think there.was one dull second of the episode tonight. Very well done.

Ben Staad
06-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Not reading anything here but just watched episodes one and two from the latest season. I really liked episode one and thought episode two was a little obvious with the "Big" revelation. I have amazingly avoided all spoilers so far so I'm excited to watch the rest.

WeDealInLead
06-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Incredible finale.

That Tommen scene though:

I couldn't believe it. He just peaced out.

allasorte
06-28-2016, 03:09 PM
Incredible finale.

I can't remember exactly, but first episode ever Bran was pushed out a window. Wasn't he pushed from the chest? I state this because what Tommen did was a frontal. Not sure why some article mentioned it was bitter sweat in the same way Bran fell so long ago. Am I wrong?

Heather19
06-28-2016, 03:19 PM
Just watched the finale. Wow, what a finale. Daenerys finally heading west, Queen Cersei, Jon King of the North.

I'm feeling dumb right now, but what on earth are you guys referring to with R & L?

allasorte
06-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Just watched the finale. Wow, what a finale. Daenerys finally heading west, Queen Cersei, Jon King of the North.

I'm feeling dumb right now, but what on earth are you guys referring to with R & L?
Don't mind my spelling. The whole rumor of R + L = J is Ragar Targaryn plus Lyana Stark had a baby......Jon :). That was the fan rumor for years. They were allegedly in secret love with each other. The whole war started when Ragar allegedly kidnapped Lyana and raped her and stole her from Robert Baratheon. Little do we know how rumors are not always true. So with you watching the finale, seeing the finished version of the Tower of Joy, now you know what R + L equals.

becca69
06-28-2016, 04:20 PM

It's been long speculated that R (Rhaegar Targaryen) + L (Lyanna Stark) = Jon Snow (A. Targaryen) or The Prince Who Was Promised and that they were actually married so he is the true heir to the Iron Throne. (Ice & Fire)

Some are guessing his true name to be Aejon Targaryen?? Also that he might get one of Dany's dragons (Visierion - white) or maybe an ice dragon that could be hibernating in/under the Wall.

allasorte
06-28-2016, 04:22 PM

It's been long speculated that R (Rhaegar Targaryen) + L (Lyanna Stark) = Jon Snow (A. Targaryen) or The Prince Who Was Promised and that they were actually married so he is the true heir to the Iron Throne.

So the bigger rumor is, is that they were legitimately married? Therefore, Jon is legally the true heir? Really? This I didn't know or remember or recall.

becca69
06-28-2016, 04:31 PM

It's been long speculated that R (Rhaegar Targaryen) + L (Lyanna Stark) = Jon Snow (A. Targaryen) or The Prince Who Was Promised and that they were actually married so he is the true heir to the Iron Throne.

So the bigger rumor is, is that they were legitimately married? Therefore, Jon is legally the true heir? Really? This I didn't know or remember or recall.

Only Robert claimed that he kidnapped her because his ego was too much to believe Lyanna didnt want him. It is speculated that R & L fell in love at the Tourney at Harrenhal and they ran away together afterwards. Targaryens were known to have multiple wives or he could have divorced Elia. Also the King's Guard were at the Tower of Joy and they only protect the true King - hence Jon being a true born Targaryen.

Still Servant
06-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Incredible finale.

I can't remember exactly, but first episode ever Bran was pushed out a window. Wasn't he pushed from the chest? I state this because what Tommen did was a frontal. Not sure why some article mentioned it was bitter sweat in the same way Bran fell so long ago. Am I wrong?

Honestly, the Tommen scene is the most subtly shocking scene in show history.

Just to add to the R+L=J.

Jon Snow is essentially the embodiment of the the Song of Ice and Fire many believe. He's from the North (ice) and now it's revealed he also has Targaryen blood (fire). So, Jon Snow is Daenerys Targaryen's nephew. The other thing that we know of the Targaryens is that they have been known to inter marry. This means there could be a super power alliance of Dany and Jon Snow who sit the Throne together.

If this happens, it's a wrap.

Heather19
06-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys.

allasorte
06-28-2016, 05:37 PM
I thought the same thing with Jon and Dany perhaps marriage thing. You know what though Mike, as soon as Tommen took off his crown, I felt I knew what he was going to do. The shocker for me was the red wedding. This was before I read any books and kind of read the writing on the wall.

And thanks Becca. I knew all that but didn't think that R could have possibly married L to perhaps legitimize J. So know we know Jon's lineage......is he still a bastard then?

Still Servant
06-28-2016, 05:47 PM
I thought the same thing with Jon and Dany perhaps marriage thing. You know what though Mike, as soon as Tommen took off his crown, I felt I knew what he was going to do. The shocker for me was the red wedding. This was before I read any books and kind of read the writing on the wall.

And thanks Becca. I knew all that but didn't think that R could have possibly married L to perhaps legitimize J. So know we know Jon's lineage......is he still a bastard then?

To my knowledge, this is still something that is unknown in the books. It's my thinking that at some point we find out that Lyanna and Rhaegar got married in secret.

becca69
06-28-2016, 06:12 PM

To my knowledge, this is still something that is unknown in the books. It's my thinking that at some point we find out that Lyanna and Rhaegar got married in secret.

It is unknown but if you trust the clue of the Kings guard protecting him, I would say it's probably true. They would have otherwise been protecting Rhaegar, not Lyanna and the baby.

Shannon
06-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Well we all know the White Walkers ain't gonna win, so I'd venture to say that the finale of next season will feature everyone working together against them until the last season, where it's a free for all.

Walkers on one side, Jon, Dany, Cersei and Jamie, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Bronn, Sand Snakes, Theon, Tyrion, crows, wildlings, dragons, baby ghost demons, wildfire, unsullied, kings guard, dothraki on the other.

Fucking epic.

Bethany
06-29-2016, 05:27 AM
I've been stewing on the finale for several days now and guys, I hate to say it but I'm just, I don't know, whelmed? The Tower of Joy scene was anti-climatic. I guess I expected more than some shadowy whispers. Things are finally happening, people are moving and shaking and it all feels false to me.

fernandito
06-29-2016, 03:48 PM
I think that the Faith portion could have been trimmed down by a few minutes to give other characters a bit more time. I still can't shake the feeling that it was introduced just to give Cersei something to do while the focus for all other characters shifted away from King's Landing.

And in a finale titled THE WINDS OF WINTER, wouldn't it stand to reason that we might get a glimpse of the White Walkers marching ominously toward the White Wall instead of useless Sam having awkward interactions? Ugh. Annoyed as shit.

Other than THAT, though.. it was an OK episode.

Lady Oleanna continues to be one of my favorite characters. She shuts people down with unshakable confidence, it's amazing to watch. Can we just put her in every episode? Thanks.

The Dany - Tyrion heart to heart was a little awkward, yet necessary. Their bond will have to be strong to endure the trials ahead.

And it's clear they didn't quite have a handle on the timelines this season.. how else do you explain Varys being in Dorne, and then riding alongside Dany and Tyrion 20 minutes later?

Johnny Alien
06-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Honestly I think the timelines work out it's just that they skipped ahead a bunch. Getting the ships ready would take quite a bit of time not to mention mobilizing all of the armies to get them on board too and setting things up for that dude to rule while she was away. Did you see they built some sort of dragon landing thing on one of those boats? My guess is there was a bunch of prep time (many weeks) that we just didn't see that allowed him plenty of time to get back. Also if you check a map Dorne is much closer to where they are then Kings Landing is.

RUBE
06-30-2016, 04:20 AM
Its funny but it seems that many "unsullied" watchers thought this was the greatest episode of the series while that seems to not be the case with many book-readers.

I actually really liked the episode despite a few missed opportunities (showing the White Walkers in an episode called The Winds of Winter or having Brienne meet the BWB since she was in the Riverlands.). Little things like Varys jumping around the map seemed weird at first but can be explained so they didn't really bother me. After watching it a second time and enjoying it just as much, I think this episode is at least as good as The Battle of The Bastards. It really set things up for the final battles but it was way more exciting than your usual set-up episodes.

RUBE
06-30-2016, 04:20 AM
Double-post... my bad.

fernandito
06-30-2016, 08:30 AM
It was a good decent set up episode, but it had nothing on the sheer spectacle and fun of Battle of the Bastards. By the Gods what an episode.

Tommy
07-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Anyone think Tyrion could be a Targaryen?

fernandito
07-28-2016, 12:19 PM
It's a popular theory, yes.

He could potentially be the 3rd head of the Dragon, with the other two being Dany and Jon of course.

Tommy
07-28-2016, 12:29 PM
It kind of makes sense doesn't it? Those three characters all had their mothers die when they were birthing them. Sorry I didn't realize it was such a popular theory, I thought I had stumbled onto something interesting and as usual I was just playing catch-up. :doh:

fernandito
07-28-2016, 12:31 PM
It might also partly explain why he and Tywin had such a toxic relationship; Tywin's wife had a child with another man and Tywin was forced to raise him and live with that painful reminder of infidelity.

Tommy
07-28-2016, 12:37 PM
I recently watched the first episode again and there's a scene between Jon and Tyrion where Tyrion refers to himself as a bastard like Jon is and says something like all dwarves are bastards in their father's eyes. That's what got me to thinking about it and the more you look at it the more sense it makes.

Johnny Alien
07-28-2016, 04:30 PM
Rewatching the show with that theory in mind is really great. All of the times Tywin says "You are no son of mine" might have been very literal. There was also a time when he said "because I cannot prove you aren't mine." I think he is totes Targaryen.

Still Servant
07-31-2016, 05:36 PM
I used to reject this theory, but I've come around. It seems very plausible at this point.

Merlin1958
07-31-2016, 06:04 PM

I have it from a reliable source that he is definitely. The scene with him and the dragons was foreshadowing.

Tommy
07-31-2016, 07:25 PM

I have it from a reliable source that he is definitely. The scene with him and the dragons was foreshadowing.

I noticed that as well, they definitely showed us that for a reason...

So The Mad King is Dany's father, I'm not certain on the timelines but could he also be Tyrion and Jon's father as well?

Merlin1958
08-01-2016, 01:22 AM
From what I am told, John is still Starks' bastard, but Tyrion is The Mad Kings bastard as well.

Lookwhoitis
08-01-2016, 07:31 AM
I just want to see Arya and Nymeria kill some beeatches!

Still Servant
08-01-2016, 06:15 PM
From what I am told, John is still Starks' bastard, but Tyrion is The Mad Kings bastard as well.

Jon is a bastard to whom? Ned? I think it's clear now that's not the case. Lyanna Stark? Possibly, we still don't know that whole situation. It's my belief that Lyanna and Rhaegar married in secret.

allasorte
08-02-2016, 05:44 PM

Jon is a bastard to whom? Ned? I think it's clear now that's not the case. Lyanna Stark? Possibly, we still don't know that whole situation. It's my belief that Lyanna and Rhaegar married in secret.

I feel your statement is what is coming in the books and hoping it shows up in the show. It makes too much sense to not be true. We will see.

Merlin1958
09-12-2016, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxG03oBY5zU

kaufen
09-26-2016, 02:21 AM
I am bored. I wish I could skip to the Game of Thrones day.

allasorte
09-26-2016, 04:07 AM

Youtube has some pretty cool videos on predictions or history. I watch them from time to time.

Still Servant
09-26-2016, 02:54 PM

What if I told you...

*a mysterious wind begins to blow as haunting music plays lightly*

...you could?

allasorte
11-17-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm sure some of you have heard or read or watched the alleged rumors that the whole plot for season 7 has been leaked. No idea if it is true or not, but some of it sounds odd, interesting, and even some of it I hope isn't true. Anyone know what I am talking about or is that considered spoilers to talk about it? Just passing the time of something to chat about, about this show.

Still Servant
11-19-2016, 07:36 PM
I'm staying away.

allasorte
03-11-2017, 02:18 PM
July 16th is the release date for season 7. Rumor is that book 6 will pop up before then which is why season 7 is coming so late. I heard they are done filming season 7. Winter is coming in the summer. WTF

Still Servant
03-11-2017, 07:19 PM
July 16th is the release date for season 7. Rumor is that book 6 will pop up before then which is why season 7 is coming so late. I heard they are done filming season 7. Winter is coming in the summer. WTF

I believe it when I see it.

fernandito
03-12-2017, 06:08 AM
Season 7 is arriving late because they started shooting this season a little later than they did the others.

They had to shoot many scenes during the winter time for obvious reasons and that necessitated them having to hold off shooting key scenes.

RUBE
03-13-2017, 09:25 AM
Season 7 is arriving late because they started shooting this season a little later than they did the others.

They had to shoot many scenes during the winter time for obvious reasons and that necessitated them having to hold off shooting key scenes.

This and they need more special effects then ever for battles involving ships, dragons, white walkers, etc. That takes time to produce good results.

Ben Staad
03-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Me too. I will need to reread all million pages before this thing comes out.

I believe it when I see it.

Anubis2347
03-13-2017, 11:22 AM
I have heard rumors of the next book being released next year for his 70th birthday ( Sept 2018 ).

fernandito
03-15-2017, 05:03 AM
Don't hold your breath :rolleyes:

fernandito
06-12-2017, 08:03 AM
We're inching closer to Season 7...

Merlin1958
06-12-2017, 06:59 PM
We're inching closer to Season 7...

Yep. Teasers look great as well!!!

fernandito
07-10-2017, 09:56 AM
LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT

allasorte
07-10-2017, 03:58 PM
LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT

Excited for sure, but disappointed on just 7 episodes. They couldn't have done extended dialogues or travels with characters like in the past?
Anyway, I'm hoping that the alleged leaks of the scripts are false. We will see.

allasorte
07-10-2017, 03:59 PM
I have heard rumors of the next book being released next year for his 70th birthday ( Sept 2018 ).

I read that as well. I also read he isn't writing at all. He should have taken a page from Rowling on how not to ride the wave, but how to nurture the golden goose.

fernandito
07-10-2017, 04:51 PM
LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT

Excited for sure, but disappointed on just 7 episodes. They couldn't have done extended dialogues or travels with characters like in the past?
Anyway, I'm hoping that the alleged leaks of the scripts are false. We will see.

Well, think of it as just one season that got split in 2 and you'll be fine.
Also, I heard some of those episodes are going to be 80 minutes long! That's essentially a small film.

Still Servant
07-10-2017, 04:53 PM
LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT

Well, think of it as just one season that got split in 2 and you'll be fine.
Also, I heard some of those episodes are going to be 80 minutes long! That's essentially a small film.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Kind of like what Breaking Bad did.

TravelinJack
07-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Looking forward to it.

RUBE
07-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Pretty good start. Although I don't like that they have Jon and Sansa arguing already. She realizes Littlefinger is scum but he is still in her head.

My wife had to look away during the Sam shit montage. Hopefully we get more out of Oldtown than "there's dragon glass on Dragonstone."

Based on how short the season is I am guessing we get a sea battle next week. (Or at least by week three.)