PDA

View Full Version : Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Still Servant
09-12-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm currently 600 pages into A Storm of Swords....

Needless to say, I'm highly pissed, sad, confused, angry and so much more I can't even put into words because I just finished the "Red Wedding" chapter. Wow. Does Martin have some balls or what? He really does hate the Starks. I couldn't read another chapter after that. I will resume tonight.

OchrisO
09-12-2011, 11:36 PM

Needless to say, I'm highly pissed, sad, confused, angry and so much more I can't even put into words because I just finished the "Red Wedding" chapter. Wow. Does Martin have some balls or what? He really does hate the Starks. I couldn't read another chapter after that. I will resume tonight.

That part in the spoiler made my roommate rage quit the series.

Oh, also. for the books, I think you want the A Song of Ice and Fire Thread. Folks might click on your spoilers here because they have watched the whole season of the show.

This one(http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1616-A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire-******Spoilers!!!)

Of course, I guess you would have to be careful of spoilers for yourself in that one.

Still Servant
09-13-2011, 06:34 PM

That part in the spoiler made my roommate rage quit the series.

Oh, also. for the books, I think you want the A Song of Ice and Fire Thread. Folks might click on your spoilers here because they have watched the whole season of the show.

This one(http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1616-A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire-******Spoilers!!!)

Of course, I guess you would have to be careful of spoilers for yourself in that one.

I see what you're saying, but I started my post by stating that I was 600 pages into A Storm of Swords (it's actually 700 I just realized) which kind of implies that anything under that spoiler button is probably pertaining to something after the show. I don't want to go into the Song of Ice & Fire thread because I don't want to see a spoiler form the books I've yet to read.

Yaksha
09-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Peter Dinklage won the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series! Hell yes

Still Servant
09-19-2011, 03:16 PM
I was so happy for him. Dinklage really is Tyrion Lannister. I'm looking forward to more of his work on this fantastic show.

Merlin1958
09-19-2011, 09:55 PM
I was so happy for him. Dinklage really is Tyrion Lannister. I'm looking forward to more of his work on this fantastic show.

Yeah, that was a great call!!!!

John Blaze
09-22-2011, 01:13 PM

When he was first cast I didn't see it, and to be honest I was a little upset. But he has become Tyrion Lannister for me, his dry wit and the way he delivers his lines is amazing.

Bethany
09-22-2011, 02:04 PM
^^What he said.

Erin
11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Tonight, about 15 minutes before Boardwalk Empire, HBO is airing the first behind-the-scenes promo video for season 2! I can't wait! I really want to see Melisandre.

Storyslinger
11-21-2011, 08:21 AM
I had no idea, thank you Erin, must set dvr now

Erin
11-21-2011, 08:45 AM
It's online now, Storyslinger....it aired last night.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/11/season-two-in-production-video-airs-on-hbo/

Storyslinger
11-21-2011, 08:47 AM
:doh:
Fail
Thank you, It's going to be a long day :lol:

John Blaze
11-23-2011, 02:56 PM
This just had me rolling, i was laughing so hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=4008gIPuT4I

Erin
11-23-2011, 04:41 PM
OMG, the Jamie guy in the beginning was hilarious.

Rjeso
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM

When he was first cast I didn't see it, and to be honest I was a little upset. But he has become Tyrion Lannister for me, his dry wit and the way he delivers his lines is amazing.

Dinklage is awesome, you really didn't think he was going to be able to pull it off? I was super excited when I heard about it. :P

Also, yay, Emmy for Tyrion!

fernandito
12-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I just want to see Melisandre already ... I bet she looks like a babe ... :drool:

Bethany
12-28-2011, 01:54 PM
DVD release, March 6th. Someone's birthday, March 5th.

I'm just saying. A girl has birthdays.

fernandito
12-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Two Promising Gameplay Trailers from the 'Game of Thrones' RPG released. (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2011/12/27/two-promising-gameplay-trailers-from-the-game-of-thrones-rpg-released/)

Storyslinger
12-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Game looks sweet.

fernandito
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
An RPG set in Westeros ? WIN.

Storyslinger
01-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Opening night line buddies? :lol:

mystima
02-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Happy late groundhog day

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419437_367949929901133_205344452828349_1366641_460 83173_n.jpg

Erin
02-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Season 2 Publicity Photos (http://winteriscoming.net/2012/02/the-first-publicity-photos-from-season-two/#more-13874)

These are amazing! I'm so impressed with how Brienne looks. Also, Theon looks really badass. Soooo excited!

Ka-mai
02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
I love Arya as Arry. More than anyone else. <3

fernandito
02-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Melisandre ... :drool: :wub:

Erin
02-10-2012, 09:19 AM
I know! I don't think they could have found a better actress for Arya.

fernandito
02-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm really, really not digging the actor they got for Stannis though. He doesn't look nearly tough enough to play him.

Bethany
02-10-2012, 10:46 AM
And I'm still not happy with Catlynn.

Ka-mai
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Holy crap, I didn't even realize that was Brienne. I was thinking "who's the sad-looking dude?" :lol: She looks perfect!

Ka-mai
02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
This doesn't really have spoilers, per se, but it relates to Theon after book 1/season 1 so I marked it to be safe. It made me giggle.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq7llje2zU1qis07wo1_500.png

Erin
02-27-2012, 06:39 AM
This season looks like it's going to be pretty bad ass. The most recent trailer:

http://youtu.be/X66PDW1Mjf8

fernandito
02-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Can't freakin' wait :excited:

Bethany
02-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Almost here! I can't wait to rewatch season 1!

Erin
02-27-2012, 09:31 AM
I know it's just a brief glimpse, but from what you can tell, Grey Wind snarling right in Jamie Lannister's face looks so cool. I was/am a bit worried about what the CGI direwolves would look like, but so far, so good.

velcro_fly
03-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Only TEN days left to go!! :excited:

Erin
03-23-2012, 09:42 AM
I can barely contain my excitement! I'm really pleased with how things look that I've seen from season 2 so far. And I'm so glad the show is so successful among the general masses/media.

beam*seeker
03-23-2012, 04:01 PM

I won't give it away but there is a twist. Let's just say that sometimes people you think are dead, it isn't what it appears to be on the surface. It is a plot device he uses more than once.

Shannon
03-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Haven't read the books, but loved Loved LOVED L O V E D (lovedloved) the first season. Very excited for season deuce.

Ka-mai
03-23-2012, 05:03 PM

I won't give it away but there is a twist. Let's just say that sometimes people you think are dead, it isn't what it appears to be on the surface. It is a plot device he uses more than once.

It's a plot twist I fucking hate. Sorry, but I literally don't care anymore when people "die" because they probably didn't.

I'm sad I don't have HBO because it means I will have to wait at least five days after the episode airs to find a downloadable ep. :( If only HBO didn't charge out the ass for service....

beam*seeker
04-01-2012, 09:44 AM
see below

beam*seeker
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah the resurrection plot twist is getting lame. And, what does this guy have against Starks? If your last name is Stark, you are doomed!

Ben Staad
04-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Hmmm....should I call Brighthouse and order HBO for tonight?

fernandito
04-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Um, YEAH.

sgc1999
04-02-2012, 05:49 AM
just get graboid or the like and watch it a few days later:)

Erin
04-02-2012, 07:33 AM
LOVED last night's episode. I thought it was great. Especially the Tyrion/Cersei sparring.

I also really enjoyed when Littlefinger verbally bitch-slapped Cersei, and she turned it all around on him with her show of power. That was great.

Garrell
04-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Great episode:)

velcro_fly
04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I really enjoyed last nights episode, Grey Wind looked amazing.
I watched it with my sister, who hasn't read the books, when they finally showed Grey Wind she looked at me and said "Holy Shit!". All i could say was "Hells Yes!"

The Tyrion/Cersei exchange was great, 'It must be hard for you... to be the disappointing child.' LOVED every minute of it!

mystima
04-02-2012, 10:00 AM
one thing I was wondering was that a dire wolf talking to guy in cell...can't remember his name right now..saying he was captured by a boy?

fernandito
04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I also really enjoyed when Littlefinger verbally bitch-slapped Cersei, and she turned it all around on him with her show of power. That was great.

That's one of the many things the director(s) have gotten right. Since third person narration is out of the question, they took a bit of creative license with that scene and made it their own (when Cersei asks the guards to turn around and close their eyes, which if IIRC wasn't in the novels), and it worked wonderfully.

Also, I want to marry Melisandre, and give her lots of potentially demonic babies.

Bethany
04-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Also, I want to marry Melisandre, and give her lots of potentially demonic babies.

Hello, nurse! :P

Didn't that cell exchange actually take place between Cat and Jaime?

fernandito
04-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah, it did. Good catch. Not sure why they switched it up, but it worked either way. And I loved Grey Wind getting all up on Jamie's face.

velcro_fly
04-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Cat and Jamie had their meeting at the end of the first season. Also, I read somewhere that because both Rob and Jamie are not featured very much in the second book, that the writers of the show had to change it up a bit in order to give the actors a fair amount of screen time. For instance instead of Jamie being locked up at Riverrun, Rob is dragging him along with him.

John Blaze
04-02-2012, 12:05 PM
one thing I was wondering was that a dire wolf talking to guy in cell...can't remember his name right now..saying he was captured by a boy?

No, Jaime has insulted Robb calling him a boy. Robb told him he was only insulting himself, as he had been captured by a "boy" and was being held captive by a "boy". Grey Wind showed up to be the intimidating muscle in the scene.

Erin
04-03-2012, 05:54 AM

I just LOLed at work in my office. Nice.

And you're right, it was a great way to demonstrate to the viewing audience just how powerful Cersei is at this point. So far I'm liking the little added scenes.

I also really liked how they introduced Grey Wind from Jamie's perspective first, with him hearing the breathing and snorting of what was obviously a very large, dangerous animal before showing him on screen. I thought it was a nice little touch.

John Blaze
04-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Someone needs to add a spoiler tag to the title of this thread itself.

Erin
04-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Oh snap. I thought it had one.

fernandito
04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
True. I'll get on that.

John Blaze
04-04-2012, 07:20 PM
thanks feev.

Anyone else wonder why Grey Wind was bigger than the rest? and Ghost just doesn't look mean enough for me.

fernandito
04-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I always pictured Ghost being much, much bigger.

What does everyone think about the CGI ? Both for the dragons and the wolves.

John Blaze
04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
i think it's been pretty good, so far. The dragons are great. The wolves I haven't really seen many instances where the cgi was heavy. I think they're doing a good job. Somehow I think ghost looks too much like a dog I was thinking, "that dog needs some hair extensions or something", lol.

Garrell
04-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Dragons, great...direwolfs, could be better, but good enough:)

Ka-mai
04-06-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm probably going to get to see the episode tomorrow and I guess I got really excited because last night I dreamed Tyrion and I were BFF. :lol:

John Blaze
04-06-2012, 03:24 AM
But we ARE bff's!

Bethany
04-06-2012, 05:29 AM
But we ARE bff's!

:orely:
:scared:

I think the dragons looked great. I'm afraid their screen time will be limited because of the cost.

beam*seeker
04-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah, I always pictured Ghost being much, much bigger.

What does everyone think about the CGI ? Both for the dragons and the wolves. Its pretty good, but the Direwolves still look a little too much like Malamutes. Then again, I don't want them looking too CGI, like the Wargs in LOTR...

Yeah the resurrection plot twist is getting lame. And, what does this guy have against Starks? If your last name is Stark, you are doomed!

Okay, now that one of my favorite characters is dead (I just finished Dance w/Dragons) I am wanting that plot device back!

[QUOTE=John Blaze;686394]Someone needs to add a spoiler tag to the title of this thread itself. Yeah, because I can't figure out how to use it and there is so much I wanna say...

fernandito
04-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Just saw this over on the IMDB-trivia section ...

"Yara Greyjoy, introduced in the second book and season, is named Asha in the books. The name was changed for the television series to avoid confusion with Osha."

Source. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/trivia)

John Blaze
04-06-2012, 11:42 AM
But we ARE bff's!

I think the dragons looked great. I'm afraid their screen time will be limited because of the cost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-lIOO5KYE

Bethany
04-06-2012, 11:51 AM
But we ARE bff's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-lIOO5KYE

*snickersnort*

Yaksha
04-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Just finished the first episode and hot damn. so many great things. Tyrion being number one.

Ka-mai
04-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I just read an article hinting GOT will go the same way as Rome and Deadwood... that would be devastating.

Shannon
04-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Hello friends, love the show. First time posting in this thread though, methinks ... Just finished the second episode of the second season, not too impressed. Whereas the first season had a lot of main characters, it seemed that they were all moving in the same direction. With this season, everyone is all over the place and doing their own thing. It's like ... here's the blond chick for two minutes, now here's the boy girl and the blacksmith boy for two minutes and now here's Rob for two minutes and oh, there's Jaime in the background ("Hi Jamie!"), and now here's the boring Stannis guy with his slutty redhaired witch for two minutes, and now here's Halfman ("Hi Halfman! We love you!") for four minutes (because he's great), then the Queen, then the King, then Sansaa, then little cripple boy and the ugly wildling girl and big goofy guy, then Greyjoy, and don't forget Lord Snow and THAT whole storyline. Oh, and the pimp guy, and the gay Renley guy, and the bald eunich guy, lol, and the old guy who's a faker ...

Too much.

I enjoy it, but ... this season has no direction so far. Again, this is only an episode two assessment, and I have no doubt that the season will get better. Very excited for when it does.

P.S. Does this thread give book spoilers? Like ... I haven't read the books and do people sometimes spoil future events?

Ka-mai
04-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Yeeeeah... if you don't like that about the show, you will hate the books. Just saying. It only gets worse from here.

Finally saw the episode. I thought it was really good although I'm waiting for things to gear up and get really interesting. I liked how Cersei got a little glimpse of what a little shithead Joffrey is. I was surprised by how well the dragons and wolves were done (although that is obviously a dog they just enlarged). I was worried it was going to be really cheesy. One thing I didn't like was how HBO feels obligated to show gratuitous sex scenes in Littlefinger's brothel... we get it, they're whores and all, but it's boring and that was about thirty seconds they could have used for something cool. If they needed to show tits they could have had Ros just walk around topless while plot happened.

My boyfriend disagrees, so maybe my heterosexuality is in the way. :rolleyes:

Ka-mai
04-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Also, this left me laughing for about five minutes:

http://i.imgur.com/srSIE.jpg

John Blaze
04-08-2012, 11:31 AM
I agree that the gratuitous sex scenes add nothing to the story.

I still enjoy them. :lol:

Merlin1958
04-08-2012, 07:43 PM

You would LOL Then again, there's something about raw Medieval sex that is just cool!!!

fernandito
04-09-2012, 07:14 AM
I just read an article hinting GOT will go the same way as Rome and Deadwood... that would be devastating.

Meaning ?

Hello friends, love the show. First time posting in this thread though, methinks ... Just finished the second episode of the second season, not too impressed. Whereas the first season had a lot of main characters, it seemed that they were all moving in the same direction. With this season, everyone is all over the place and doing their own thing. It's like ... here's the blond chick for two minutes, now here's the boy girl and the blacksmith boy for two minutes and now here's Rob for two minutes and oh, there's Jaime in the background ("Hi Jamie!"), and now here's the boring Stannis guy with his slutty redhaired witch for two minutes, and now here's Halfman ("Hi Halfman! We love you!") for four minutes (because he's great), then the Queen, then the King, then Sansaa, then little cripple boy and the ugly wildling girl and big goofy guy, then Greyjoy, and don't forget Lord Snow and THAT whole storyline. Oh, and the pimp guy, and the gay Renley guy, and the bald eunich guy, lol, and the old guy who's a faker ...

Too much.

I enjoy it, but ... this season has no direction so far. Again, this is only an episode two assessment, and I have no doubt that the season will get better. Very excited for when it does.

This is only the tip of the iceberg my friend. Some characters and story arcs will begin to drift further and further away as the story progresses. Only in book five are they now starting to come together, which brings me to ...

P.S. Does this thread give book spoilers? Like ... I haven't read the books and do people sometimes spoil future events?

No, all book spoilers must still be marked. Only the TV spoilers have the safety off.

Yes and yes.

Bethany
04-09-2012, 07:53 AM

Poor Abba spent quite a bit of time under the blanket* last night.

*I keep a blanket on the couch and throw it over my kid's head during the particularly salacious moments.

John Blaze
04-09-2012, 08:05 AM

*I keep a blanket on the couch and throw it over my kid's head during the particularly salacious moments.

Keep telling yourself they're innocent. :P

Anyone else have a wtf? moment when Melisandre got nekkid? Also, Bronn as City Watch cap'n? NO.

How can Dany have 3 bloodriders if they killed one off? STUPID.

Whose baby did Craster give to the White Walkers? Not Gilly's surely. If they did I'm calling bullshit. I'm gonna bribe whoever in Santa Fe's phone company I have to to give me GRRM's number, call, ask for him saying I'm from the publisher, wait for him to say "Hello?" and then scream, "BULLSHIT!" and hang up. Like a G.

Bethany
04-09-2012, 08:08 AM
My chilluns ARE innocent. Sheesh!
it couldn't have been Gilly's baby because she was barely showing. Maybe it was just a particularly colicky or annoying baby.

fernandito
04-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Anyone else have a wtf? moment when Melisandre got nekkid?

Oh, I had a moment alright. :drool:

John Blaze
04-09-2012, 08:18 AM
:lol:

pineycorn
04-09-2012, 10:59 AM
The kid was one of Craster's random ones with a wife/daughter. All male children are given to the white walkers.

velcro_fly
04-09-2012, 11:38 AM
To me, having Jon follow Craster and then Craster catching him completely changes the story line. Where do they plan on going with this?

And what the hell is going on with Melisandre? Not that I'm complaining.

John Blaze
04-09-2012, 11:42 AM
I agree, VF. In the preview they showed Craster kicking them out, waving Long Claw at Mormont. I am wondering what's gonna happen here.

By the way, Tyrion's lines are just so awesome. I'm thinking one of the screenwriters must be in love with him.

fernandito
04-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Not only the lines, it's that insouciant, borderline arrogant way he delivers them.

Dinklage is such a damn good actor, he deserves all the accolades he receives.

Bethany
04-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I agree. I can't believe I was so set against him originally. I'd totally hit that. :D

velcro_fly
04-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Honestly, who doesn't love Tyrion?

Ka-mai
04-09-2012, 01:04 PM

Meaning ?

Rome and Deadwood were both so freakishly expensive to produce (because the sets and costumes were so elaborate) that HBO cancelled them due to running out of money or some nonsense. I don't see how HBO could run out of money since they charge for the station, and the merch, and I'm sure they're producing other shows that aren't as good or as expensive that could be scrapped, but that's what it said.

John Blaze
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I agree. I can't believe I was so set against him originally. I'd totally hit that. :D
Yeah, I was upset when they cast him too. I was a fool.

Erin
04-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Oh man, I know. Peter Dinklage is 12 kinds of hot.

I've seen a lot of talk online about people being upset about Stannis and Melisandre having sex. It didn't bother me so much that they were getting it on because *book spoiler* it was really hinted at in ADWD, but I think what bothered me was how passionate Stannis was about it. That just doesn't fit with his character to me.

Anyhoo, I was just kind of "meh" about this episode. I'm not liking Craster hitting Jon, but we'll see how that goes.

One thing I did really enjoy besides any scene Tyrion is in, was the chemistry between Gendry and Arya. That scene between them was so cute.

Bethany
04-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Oh man, I know. Peter Dinklage is 12 kinds of hot.

I've seen a lot of talk online about people being upset about Stannis and Melisandre having sex. It didn't bother me so much that they were getting it on because *book spoiler* it was really hinted at in ADWD, but I think what bothered me was how passionate Stannis was about it. That just doesn't fit with his character to me.

Anyhoo, I was just kind of "meh" about this episode. I'm not liking Craster hitting Jon, but we'll see how that goes.

One thing I did really enjoy besides any scene Tyrion is in, was the chemistry between Gendry and Arya. That scene between them was so cute.

Yeah. I'm betting Stannis is an every-other-Saturday-night-in-the-bed-with-the-lights-off-one-closed-mouth-obligatory-kiss-only type of guy. A nooner in the war room ain't happening.

velcro_fly
04-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Personally I'm not that impressed with Stannis in the series, he just doesn't come across as strong and "iron-like" as I believed him to be. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Garrell
04-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Liking the new season, but slow so far...

Darkthoughts
04-10-2012, 01:46 AM
I finally saw an episode last night (the latest one), I think I'll have to search them out online and watch from the start. Why does everyone have English accents? Why are all the Winterfell/Wall lot talking like they're Sean Bean's love children from Yorkshire? :lol: It didn't put me off, it's quite refreshing really, but I totally wasn't expecting that.

OchrisO
04-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Since we Americans didn't have our own Medieval era, we make all of our medieval-ish fantasy characters have English or British accents. :)

John Blaze
04-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Quite true, really. Cheerio, tut tut, pip pip.

fernandito
04-10-2012, 07:18 AM

Well, can you really blame him though ? :drool:

Alright, I'll stop with the Melisandre gushing now, promise :lol:

Personally I'm not that impressed with Stannis in the series, he just doesn't come across as strong and "iron-like" as I believed him to be. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

That's been my biggeset concern ever since I read about the actor that was casted to play him. Book Stannis, to me, is the look at me wrong and I'll ply your tongue from your mouth kinda guy.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong too.

John Blaze
04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Agreed about the Stannis casting. But then again, I was upset about the Renly and Loras casting as well. Book Loras may have been gay, but he was NOT soft and girly. "Tough as nails" warrior is what I understood from the books. They totally fairied him up for the show. Book Renly, on the other hand, was conceited and charming and strong on his own, yet the show makes him appear soft and shy. I don't get where they're going with this.

Darkthoughts
04-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Melisandre gushing
*snigger*

fernandito
04-10-2012, 08:38 AM
:rofl:

good catch !

velcro_fly
04-10-2012, 09:46 AM
"HBO Renews 'Game of Thrones' for a Third Season" (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=57688)

:nana:

Darkthoughts
04-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Since we Americans didn't have our own Medieval era, we make all of our medieval-ish fantasy characters have English or British accents. :)
I hadn't thought of it like that. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with people like Jon and Sam's accents, they're really good - but for continuity Arya should speak like that too (probably Sansa and the boys aswell but I didn't see the whole episode/them).

Feev, you can rely on me for a Beavis moment :D

beam*seeker
04-10-2012, 03:47 PM

Keep telling yourself they're innocent. :P

Anyone else have a wtf? moment when Melisandre got nekkid? Also, Bronn as City Watch cap'n? NO.

How can Dany have 3 bloodriders if they killed one off? STUPID.

Whose baby did Craster give to the White Walkers? Not Gilly's surely. If they did I'm calling bullshit. I'm gonna bribe whoever in Santa Fe's phone company I have to to give me GRRM's number, call, ask for him saying I'm from the publisher, wait for him to say "Hello?" and then scream, "BULLSHIT!" and hang up. Like a G.

I wasn't too surprised when Stannis gave Melisandre the bone. It was implied, but dang this isn't Cinemax. Then again, it was pretty mild, if this was Starz, it would probably have shown penetration and all. The scenes in the brothel were pointless, I don't need that to know Littlefinger is a prick, a womanizer, and is heartless and greedy. Agree it takes up room for much better stuff.

Killing off one of Dany's blood riders was dumb and pointless. I want you to call GRRM up for that and call Bullshit.

This episode kinda sucked. And the guys chained up in Yoren's wagon weren't scarey enough. Wasn't one of them missing a nose? They could splurge a lil CGI for that. And Biter should have pointed teeth.

Jon finding Craster leaving the baby makes sense, otherwise how would you know what was happening. But Jon catching him doing it, was not expected and where are they gonna go with that--cut to the crows knocking him off already?

At least the parts with Arry and Tyrion are good so far. I love it when Tyrion gives it to Cersei. I can't wait for the part when he tells her than all she loves will be taken away and her happiness will taste like ashes in her mouth.

Ka-mai
04-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Geez, from all you guys are saying, I'm not looking forward to the episode. :lol: I'm watching them about a week after they air, but I'm still coming in here because I've read the books and know what's going to happen anyway.

I'm really curious what they're going to do when Tyrion gets his nose cut off. They made him hot for television, and I doubt they'd want to spend all that makeup and CGI on doing one of the main character's faces for the next however many seasons (I'm guessing they could get at least ten seasons out of this due to the complexities).

fernandito
04-12-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm really curious what they're going to do when Tyrion gets his nose cut off. They made him hot for television, and I doubt they'd want to spend all that makeup and CGI on doing one of the main character's faces for the next however many seasons (I'm guessing they could get at least ten seasons out of this due to the complexities).

Yeah, I was curious about that too. They'll probably just give him a brutal scar along his nose. I highly doubt he'll be noseless for the remainder of the series.

Ka-mai
04-12-2012, 10:11 AM
They'll probably do one of those cheek scars that makeup artists always do to make you look badass. Lame.

Hannah
04-18-2012, 06:21 AM
I, for one, love the gratuitous sex scenes on the show. I'm a little bothered by Margaery's character being so conniving already, but I figure she could have been that way it just wasn't written out in the books.

Ka-mai
04-18-2012, 08:30 AM
I always figured Margaery had to be a little conniving since she is supposedly still a virgin at her wedding to Joffrey. She knew Renly was gay (no way he pulled the "headache" excuse every night) but wanted a crown, and then married and conspired in the murder of another king.

I pretty much don't like gratuitous anything in my shows or movies. Perfect example: That ten minute dragon scene in HP4 that was boring as all get-out, yet they cut out a lot of plot because of "time constraints." Fuck you. So when they're showing two extras having sex when they could be clarifying a plot point that they sped through so fast you won't understand it if you didn't read the book, I get a little irritated.

John Blaze
04-22-2012, 06:21 PM
HOLY SHIT! Tonight's episode redeemed this whole season.

mystima
04-22-2012, 09:12 PM
All I have to say is that Joffery is one sick bastard. what the hell was that? What did she give birth to?

John Blaze
04-22-2012, 10:19 PM
a Shadow Demon, I guess. In the books it was supposed to look like Stannis though, so IDK. There was a lot of changes this episode, but I understand they're trying to condense it for time.

OchrisO
04-22-2012, 10:43 PM
I expect they are saving the reveal of it looking like him for next episode, since once it fully forms, you don't see the upper body.

fernandito
04-23-2012, 08:11 AM
I expect they are saving the reveal of it looking like him for next episode, since once it fully forms, you don't see the upper body.

Yeah, that's what I got out of it too.

Also, that scene looked much, much cooler than the way I had it envisioned it while reading it. Well done producers. The shadow birthing scene is first true bit of 'black magic' that we've gotten to see so far on the show, I'm curious to see know how the non-book readers liked it.

The Joffrey torture scene was unnecessary. The crossbow pointed at Sansa's pucker got the message across the first time - he's an evil , quite possibly insane kid - the screen time for the bedroom torture could have been used for something else.

Also, no Jon Snow ? :nope:

And can we please speed up Daenery's arc a bit ? She hasn't really done much of anything this season.

One thing that really irked me was that the leader of the reception party at the gates of Qarth, one of the most exotic locales in the entire series, was a pasty white British guy. Because we don't have enough of those on the show :lol:

John Blaze
04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
1. that scene looked much, much cooler than the way I had it envisioned it while reading it. Well done producers. The shadow birthing scene is first true bit of 'black magic' that we've gotten to see so far on the show, I'm curious to see know how the non-book readers liked it.

2. The Joffrey torture scene was unnecessary. The crossbow pointed at Sansa's pucker got the message across the first time - he's an evil , quite possibly insane kid - the screen time for the bedroom torture could have been used for something else.

3. One thing that really irked me was that the leader of the reception party at the gates of Qarth, one of the most exotic locales in the entire series, was a pasty white British guy. Because we don't have enough of those on the show :lol:

4. JB is a sexy beast and I want to make love to him.
1. Agreed, I was floored!

2. It was. I literally cringed, and I'm into the bdsm scene. There was nothing sexy about that. Joffrey is insane.

3. Agreed. Why isn't there any spaniard type peoples? I want to see an Inigo Montoya type swordfighter, it's what I was expecting for Syrio and they disappointed me there.

4. Whoa, easy there, chap. Don't wrinkle the suit. :P :biggrin1::ninja::tongue1::cool_002:8)

fernandito
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM

Calmate wuey que no eres mi tipo! :P

John Blaze
04-23-2012, 11:11 PM
You know you likeded it!

fernandito
04-24-2012, 07:29 AM

Also, forgot to mention this yesterday - they've really skimped out on the fight scenes, haven't they ? I know there's budget constraints and all, but throw us a freakin' bone here.

As long as they [book spoilers]
don't short change us at the battle of Kings Landing. I want to see everything, the whole shibang - the naval fights, the boat to boat battles, the wildfire, Tyrion getting slashed, etc., I want them to go all out for that.

sgc1999
04-24-2012, 08:27 AM
HODOR....HODOR...

velcro_fly
04-29-2012, 10:08 PM
I really liked tonight's episode the scene between Arya and Tywin was fantastic. Jaqen H'ghar was really good as well.
I thought they could have done a better job of making the shadow look like Stannis though, I just didn't see it.

I am a bit upset about them cutting Jojen and Meera and giving Bran the greendreams. I kinda got a feeling that Osha will end up going north with Bran instead. Not sure what they plan to do with Rickon though.

Shannon
04-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Good episode tonight. Even in a show where not too much happens, I still enjoy watching it. :)

fernandito
04-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Did anyone else have trouble understanding a lot of what was being said this ep ?

velcro_fly
04-30-2012, 10:30 AM
I have found that problem with most of the episodes actually. Especially with Littlefinger, his accent combined with his whispering is very hard to understand.

fernandito
04-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I've been managing alright thus far, but the amount of times I had to rewind certain segments to understand what they were saying this ep was ridiculous. And yes, it definitely doesn't help that they're talking slightly above a whisper most of the time.

Empath of the White
04-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Dinklage has really stepped up this season. He and Dany are the only characters I'm rooting for right now. Did Kat's lack of reaction to the shade bother anyone else? She didn't seem too shocked when it slithered into the tent.

fernandito
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
They definitely didn't react as surprised as they could/should have ... if I saw a shadowy spector murdered a king in front of me, especially if I was as big a skeptic in magic as Cat , I would have been tripping balls.

mystima
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah I would have been WTF!!! Is that a Freaking Shade?

On a lighter note, November is coming
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534087_439523956077063_205344452828349_1559576_146 0609317_n.jpg

Shannon
04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
lol I like it.

John Blaze
05-01-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm upset they cut Jojen and Meera. WTF? They're a big part of the books. IDK if they don't plan on there being a season 4 but something is missing.

Bethany
05-01-2012, 08:09 AM
From Squidoo:
Meera Reed & Jojen Reed These characters entered the storyline of Clash of Kings later. HBO may put their storyline off until season 3. They may announce them later, or may have an already introduced character. (Osha) take over their part in the story.

So I don't think anyone really knows what will happen with them.

mystima
05-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I would have passed out half way through tonight's episode if i did this

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528953_446454872050638_71620815_n.jpg

velcro_fly
05-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Great episode tonight, only...

Dany's dragons being stole? WTF

Empath of the White
05-07-2012, 07:02 AM
I could watch Tyrion slap that vicious idiot all day.

John Blaze
05-07-2012, 08:09 AM
I could watch Tyrion slap that vicious idiot all day.
Ditto.

Also, not sure where they're going with the stolen dragon bit. Where was Mormont? I'm guessing there may have been an attack and he is the one moving them to keep them safe. Otherwise, IDK. Maybe the Warlocks stealing them?
Also, Dany is coming off as a stupid temperamental powerless child in the show, and it's not what I got from the books at all. I wonder where they're going with this.

Bethany
05-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I got the impression that it was the dude with the blue lips, from the robe and scrawny legs. I don't know where they are going with this at all.

fernandito
05-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Also, not sure where they're going with the stolen dragon bit. Where was Mormont? I'm guessing there may have been an attack and he is the one moving them to keep them safe. Otherwise, IDK. Maybe the Warlocks stealing them?

I'm guessing that

I'm guessing that they're setting it up in such a way to merge the Dany going into the Temple of the Undying arc + her conflict with ... whoever the hell she ends up being in a conflict with at the end of A Clash of Kings (JB help me out here) lol.

Also, Dany is coming off as a stupid temperamental powerless child in the show, and it's not what I got from the books at all. I wonder where they're going with this.

Actually, the vibe I get from her from the books is precisely that of a tempermental child that's a bit out of her depth at times (I liked the conversation she had with the ship owner yesterday when he asked her specifically what her plan of attack was and she was unable to clarify beyond 'The throne is rightfully mine!'). They're not too far off on the show from what I imagined Dany acting like.

John Blaze
05-07-2012, 12:18 PM

I'm guessing that

I'm guessing that they're setting it up in such a way to merge the Dany going into the Temple of the Undying arc + her conflict with ... whoever the hell she ends up being in a conflict with at the end of A Clash of Kings (JB help me out here) lol.

Actually, the vibe I get from her from the books is precisely that of a tempermental child that's a bit out of her depth at times (I liked the conversation she had with the ship owner yesterday when he asked her specifically what her plan of attack was and she was unable to clarify beyond 'The throne is rightfully mine!'). They're not too far off on the show from what I imagined Dany acting like.
1. Xaro, Whom is being played by the big black dude. Eventually he's gonna get tired of her getting a free ride and not putting out and when she burns down the House of the Undying he kicks her out.

2. In the books she seemed so strong and regal and smarter than she was given credit for, especially the way she had even Mormont and her other councillors(counselors?) convinced she was really gonna trade her dragon.

Also want to point out, Osha has a body on her. Bow chika bow wow! lol. :shamefaced:

fernandito
05-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Osha is a babe. Honestly, I would have preferred for her to play Ygritte as she looks a lot like what I pictured her looking / acting like. Fierce, wary, sly. I'm not really thrilled about the actress they got to play Ygritte.

Ka-mai
05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Did anyone else notice Osha never holds her head upright? It's always freaking sideways. Irritating.

I have no idea what HBO is doing, but I don't like any of it. I may stop watching if it keeps getting stupid.

John Blaze
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
IDK, I kinda like Ygritte so far. The butt wiggling part was hilarious. I do think that there are wayyyyyyyyy too many changes in this season. IDK, I could never stop watching though. I'd watch and complain. :P

fernandito
05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
The changes don't bother me, tbh. I knew that books this dense and rich in details and intricacies were going to have to 'suffer' several changes.

So far the series has done a fantastic job of carrying the spirit of the novels to the tv screen.

Also, this past episode was amazing.

Emily
05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
I actually really liked the actress playing Ygritte. I've always had a soft spot for that thin lipped, fair skin and red hair kind of look. And I like her voice a lot.

Osha kind of gets on my nerves. I agree about the head tilting thing, it's all I concentrate on when she speaks.

ETA: The Arya/Tywin scenes are some of my favorite scenes in recent television history. I could watch them interact for hours.

mystima
05-07-2012, 06:21 PM
I like Osha...especially the actress playing her...after coming off the HP series she has other things to do now....hahaha

sgc1999
05-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Ygritte is really cute. They have to merge books 2 and 3 or a lot of main characters would be gone for the whole season and that doesnt work well for television. All in all fun to watch even with the changes.

Shannon
05-07-2012, 08:31 PM
"and when she burns down the House of the Undying ..."

Thanks for that. :(

Very enjoyable episode, everyone is just so. damn. good. in this show. I agree with the above opinion that the Arya/Tywin scenes are great. The tension in the room when the Baylish (?) pimp guy walked in. Whew!

John Blaze
05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
"and when she burns down the House of the Undying ..."

Thanks for that. :(

Very enjoyable episode, everyone is just so. damn. good. in this show. I agree with the above opinion that the Arya/Tywin scenes are great. The tension in the room when the Baylish (?) pimp guy walked in. Whew!
My apologies if I spoiled something for you. It's hard for me to remember that although we discuss the show openly here, we have to spoiler stuff from future books. However, with all the changes this season, it might not even happen that way. Already lots of other stuff she did in the books by this point has been changed/didn't happen in the show. So again, sorry.

Also, if you haven't read the books, WHAT ARE YA WAITING FOR?! :P

Merlin1958
05-08-2012, 05:00 PM
FWIW, spoilers don't bother me much, but that's just me. I'm old and forget alot (LOL) and have not read the books, but I am enjoying the show immensely!! With the books being so well read, and up to what? book 6 or 7? Its kinda hard to have a discussion thread without 'em (spoilers). IDK how you can avoid them, in fairness to others, by coming to this thread. Then again, glad I am not a "Mod"!!!! LOL

beam*seeker
05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I really liked tonight's episode the scene between Arya and Tywin was fantastic. Jaqen H'ghar was really good as well.
I thought they could have done a better job of making the shadow look like Stannis though, I just didn't see it.

I am a bit upset about them cutting Jojen and Meera and giving Bran the greendreams. I kinda got a feeling that Osha will end up going north with Bran instead. Not sure what they plan to do with Rickon though.

If you guys get to drool over Melisande, I can drool over Jaqen H'ghar. His character was perfect! I can't wait to see the whole story arc with Arya--as long as they follow that pretty closely, they can screw with the other stuff.

Wish they had put Jojen and Meera in--hope they decide to do that.

I admit I was a bit worried after the first 3 episode, but I think they will knock it out of the park. Not sure where they are going with the dragons gone missing but yeah, it could sigue into the whole Pyat Pree thing. I thought the sorceress in the mask who warned Mormont about the danger was good too--I can't recall her name, but she was perfect too.

Loved the scene with Ygritte and Jon. Its getting good beyond the Wall!

OchrisO
05-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Goddamn, Rose Leslie is nailing Ygritte so well that it is nearly making me forget that they are mucking up some of the story stuff from the books.

When she finally said "You know nothing, Jon Snow," I literally clapped and cheered.

sgc1999
05-14-2012, 02:01 PM
so hot, want to touch the heiny... :drool:

John Blaze
05-14-2012, 02:46 PM
so hot, want to touch the heiny... :drool:HAHA, Billy Madison rocks.Oh, Wait. O'DOYLE RULES!

Goddamn, Rose Leslie is nailing Ygritte so well that it is nearly making me forget that they are mucking up some of the story stuff from the books.

When she finally said "You know nothing, Jon Snow," I literally clapped and cheered.
Dude, I cheered out loud. Loving Ygritte.

fernandito
05-14-2012, 02:49 PM
The Tywin/Arya stuff is awesome. Love every minute of it.

What does everyone think about the show passing Cersei off as a slightly more sympathetic character ?

Garrell
05-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Still hate her, but she is beautiful:)

John Blaze
05-14-2012, 04:39 PM

What does everyone think about the show passing Cersei off as a slightly more sympathetic character ?

I wonder where they're going with this. I'm sure Baelish made her. For a minute yesterday I thought Tywin had made her as well. It's good stuff.

velcro_fly
05-15-2012, 06:28 AM

The Jon/Ygritte scenes are defiantly becoming my favorites. I actually enjoy the way they changed it up and the way they built up to her finally saying "You know nothing, Jon Snow", I couldn't help but cheer!

beam*seeker
05-16-2012, 05:04 AM

She really can't help who she is--and there are moments where Tyrion feels sorry for her in the books, so it is believeable. The whole no one is wholly good or bad really comes off well in the TV series. She'll show what a bitch she is next week, I can see the foreshadowing.

Does anyone else think Tywin knows who his cupbearer really is after this week's show--I am pretty sure that he does. So why does he spare her? Are they trying to say he has a heart after all?

Loved the scenes with the Hound and Sansa too. He was great this week.

sgc1999
05-16-2012, 09:52 AM
so hot, want to touch the heiny... :drool:HAHA, Billy Madison rocks.Oh, Wait. O'DOYLE RULES!

Dude, I cheered out loud. Loving Ygritte.

LOL. You know it! :)

Odetta
05-16-2012, 09:56 AM
SO, I have just started watching season one but I have not read the books....
Should I stop watching, read the books first?

fernandito
05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Does anyone else think Tywin knows who his cupbearer really is after this week's show--I am pretty sure that he does. So why does he spare her? Are they trying to say he has a heart after all?

I don't know if he knows exactly who she is, but I'm positive he knows that she's not what she claims to be. The "m'lord" conversation was a strong hint at that.

And I'm grateful that the show has made Tywin a much more 3 dimensional character.

Empath of the White
05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I asked elsewhere and was told that in the books, Cersei is slightly more fingers-in-ears-la-la-la-can't-hear-you when it comes to Joffrey (at least early on). I am glad the show seems to imply otherwise.

Dany really needs to rethink storming Westeros while her dragons are so tiny. That guy and the Warlock taking over Quarth was my favorite part of the last episode.

sgc1999
05-16-2012, 06:18 PM

At this point i would watch the series and then start reading the books between season 2 and 3. Someones liable to spoil it for you if you wait too long to watch the series. I think you will enjoy both. They are quite a bit different from eachother but both awesome for what they are. Books are definitely the best way to enjoy the story though!

John Blaze
05-16-2012, 08:11 PM
I disagree, I think you should read all the books first and then watch the show in a marathon session and catch up. It's what I would do. :P

Brice
05-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Meth binge? :P

becca69
05-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Hey, Do we have a GRRM collectible thread here? Can't find it, should we start one??

Odetta
05-17-2012, 09:21 AM

At this point i would watch the series and then start reading the books between season 2 and 3. Someones liable to spoil it for you if you wait too long to watch the series. I think you will enjoy both. They are quite a bit different from eachother but both awesome for what they are. Books are definitely the best way to enjoy the story though!

I disagree, I think you should read all the books first and then watch the show in a marathon session and catch up. It's what I would do. :P

hmmm... what to do

John Blaze
05-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Hey, listen to your Brother!

velcro_fly
05-22-2012, 07:29 PM
No thoughts on the latest episode?

I liked it, but am a little disappointed that there are only two episodes left, I sure hope they don't short change us on the 'Battle on the Blackwater'.
I'm also interested in seeing how well Dany does in the House of the Undying, will it be as creepy as I imagined as well as a bit of Red Wedding foreshadowing?:excited:

sgc1999
05-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Seasons are way to short. Im enjoying each episode though.

fernandito
05-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah, 10 episodes is way too short for a show as dense as this. Hell, even 2 more episodes per season would help it tremendously.

Bethany
05-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Goddamn HBO, why couldn't this have been a winter show?

fernandito
05-23-2012, 10:02 AM

Because then the TV season would last THREE YEARS.

velcro_fly
05-23-2012, 11:52 AM

John Blaze
05-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Yep yep. I loved this past episode. I loved how Quorin is setting up what we readers know is coming. I loved how Tyrion played it when his sister found the wrong whore. I didn't like how needy he came off talking to Shae. I am interested in what's gonna happen to Bran and Rickon.

:D

fernandito
05-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I actually liked seeing Tyrion's needy side. It's a nice contrast to what we usually see of him; a sardonic, scheming exterior.

Can't freakin' wait for the season finale ...

I read somewhere (I think it was on E!) that the budget for the final King's Landing episode alone is about the budget for 3 or 4 regular ep's. In other words - BLOOD AND GUTS GALORE.

Shannon
05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
I like this show a lot, but it's a strange kind of like ... You see, in shows like Lost and Grey's Anatomy and Battlestar Galactica ... BIG THINGS happen in regards to the storyline and the characters. This show (along with other shows like this) moves at a snail's pace (think soap opera pace), and big things rarely happen. But the acting and the show's final product are so damn good. So ... I'm torn.

sgc1999
05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Hodor....Hodor.................................... .Hodor

Shannon
05-23-2012, 04:29 PM
I love Hodor.

sgc1999
05-23-2012, 04:30 PM
:)

Jimimck
05-23-2012, 08:15 PM
M-O-O-N that spells Hoder

Brice
05-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Okay, started it today.

sgc1999
05-26-2012, 05:00 PM
keep us posted:)

Ka-mai
05-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm watching episode 7 right now and it is wonderful. ^_^ I love the Arya/Tywin scenes, but especially the Cersei/Sansa bit. I love Sansa. I know most people hate her but I think she's the most realistic and the most likely to survive the series (since GRRM seems bent on destroying everyone).

Brice
05-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I will do my best. :)

sgc1999
05-26-2012, 06:03 PM
check out this tee i had my brother in law make for me to wear to the ALA show in CA next month for George Martins visit:)

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/2012-05-23_19-21-40_225.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/2012-05-23_19-21-47_349-1.jpg

Jimimck
05-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Awesome! Love it.

John Blaze
05-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Kickass!

John Blaze
05-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Tonight was fucken epic. Just...wow. And I know Beffy don't agree but I'm happy with how they did Tyrion. Yes, I know he loses a nose in the books but they did something which will probably leave a pretty good scar without having to get so drastic.

sgc1999
05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
I didnt want it to end. Is it me or did it look like they captured Stanis at the end of the battle???

Merlin1958
05-28-2012, 12:24 AM
I didnt want it to end. Is it me or did it look like they captured Stanis at the end of the battle???

That's what I thought!!! And just how are they planning on keeping his head intact? My kids have read the books and this turn of events is not in there!!!

velcro_fly
05-28-2012, 04:55 AM
I don't believe that Stannis was being captured. I think that was his own men pulling him back because they knew the battle was lost and he was losing control.

Ka-mai
05-28-2012, 09:20 AM
I loved it. I am slightly amazed at how Cersei is usually pretty smart about power plays, but she had Joffrey pulled from the battle. I know it was all mother's love and crap, but is she a complete fucking idiot? Also I approve of how they did Tyrion, but they could have used more blood. It looks like a papercut and he's swooning like a pansy. It should have looked like "holy shit he got slammed in the fucking head why is he alive?" Oh well. Minor quibble.

I know this wouldn't have worked because of where the books go, but I really wish Cersei would have poisoned Tommen before Tywin got there. It would have been a great "fuck you, stupid bitch" ending. Oh well. :P

I did have a little trouble seeing what was going on because it was so freaking dark. <_<

Can't wait for the season finale! Should be epic. I wish HBO would stop doing such short seasons, though. Aren't most shows 12 episodes a season?

Bethany
05-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Tonight was fucken epic. Just...wow. And I know Beffy don't agree but I'm happy with how they did Tyrion. Yes, I know he loses a nose in the books but they did something which will probably leave a pretty good scar without having to get so drastic.

It will do for tv, can't have your pretty lead running around with no nose :P HOLY COW! WILDFIRE! KABLOOEY! HECK YEAH!

So many good quotes, Cersei is a cunt.

velcro_fly
05-28-2012, 10:58 AM
"That would make me the quarter man, that doesn't have the same ring to it." :lol:

Great episode, I couldn't stop watching!

Shannon
05-28-2012, 11:24 AM
"Yes, I know he loses a nose in the books but they did something which will probably leave a pretty good scar without having to get so drastic."

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Bruce Willis is a ghost at the end of the Sixth Sense, by the way. This is the third time something was even remotely spoiled for me since I started visiting this thread. There won't be a fouth for me, nope. See ya.

OchrisO
05-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Good. Now I won't have to listen to you wine about it nonstop. Maybe you could stop going to the Walking Dead thread too. There's a spoiler tag in the thread title, combined with the fact that in any thread about a show based on books, there is obviously going to be discussion of the differences between the two.

I love the juxtaposition of Dog saying, "If any man dies with a clean sword, I will rape his fucking corpse." and then losing his shit when there is fire everywhere.

Emily
05-28-2012, 01:22 PM
I liked how they did Tyrion's injury. At first I thought it wasn't gruesome enough but I liked how at first you could barely see it and then they went back to him and it was really bleeding. I got cut on my arm like that in culinary school and right when it happened I didn't even think I'd cut myself and then I watched it really start to spread open and bleed. It was disgusting but interesting.

I thought it was a great episode. I wasn't sold on the Hound when I first saw him, but now I really love him. His scene with Sansa was awesome. Also I don't know if I've said this already but I'm finding it so hard to dislike Sansa on the show. I hated her in the books but for some reason I love all of her scenes so far. The actress playing her is doing a fantastic job in my opinion.

Ka-mai
05-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Good. Now I won't have to listen to you wine about it nonstop. Maybe you could stop going to the Walking Dead thread too. There's a spoiler tag in the thread title, combined with the fact that in any thread about a show based on books, there is obviously going to be discussion of the differences between the two.

I love the juxtaposition of Dog saying, "If any man dies with a clean sword, I will rape his fucking corpse." and then losing his shit when there is fire everywhere.

QFT, both points. When he said "fuck the king" and Joffrey was all :bitch face: I almost died of joy. Little shit. :P

I thought there was too much Cersei/Sansa in this episode, but in general I enjoy Sansa. I also loved when Cersei called Shae out on her bullshit, it was delightful.

I feel like all my observations on this show are "I loved that part where something bad happened to someone." :lol:

Bethany
05-29-2012, 06:33 AM
I didn't know where else to put this but I think it is amazing.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/susanfox86/247699_505378298314_263300069_117577_1528579_n-copy.jpg

Jimimck
05-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I want all those beers/ciders. Very cool.

mystima
05-29-2012, 06:43 PM
this is how it really started

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/178934_464377380258387_205344452828349_100721296_8 5093822_n.jpg

John Blaze
05-29-2012, 06:48 PM
hahahahahaha

Garrell
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin
05-30-2012, 03:29 PM
OK, I just got caught up on the last several pages of this thread.

Commenting on a few things I've had in my mind lately:

HBO just released a list of all the new characters they are going to cast for Season 3 and the Reed siblings are in. Also in is The Blackfish which has a lot of people thinking that this is a sign that he will be important later in the books because he wasn't included in season 1 and in all honesty he could probably be written out of the whole series, unless he comes back later .

I'm loving the actress playing Ygritte. I think she's nailing it.

The Battle of Blackwater Bay was fucking epic. The Rains of Castamere being played at the end? Badass. I loved that GRRM wrote the episode and especially liked how he got Cersei back into character. Like Feev mentioned earlier, I've had some issues with how sympathetic they were trying to make her seem and it was nice to see her get back to her book-roots.

Stannis? First off the boats, first on the battlefield, first to scale the walls, last to leave the fighting. Loved it. He really would make a good king.

In the past few episodes, I've literally gotten chills when Roose Bolton has mentioned his "Bastard back in the Dreadfort". And they are currently casting Ramsay Snow. *shudder*

Jaqen = HAWT.

I can't wait for The House of the Undying in next week's episode. Burn baby burn I also really hope we see Rhaegar

Oh, one other book thing relating to the show that I've been wondering:

If R+L = J is true, which I really don't see how it isn't unless GRRM is pulling a huge surprise on us, how is the show going to introduce it? They left out all the "Promise me, Ned" flashbacks out of Season 1. I guess they could somehow show the Tower of Joy at some point, but I don't know.

Ka-mai
05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
I know! Every time he says "my bastard could..." I'm all "NO DON'T DO IT ROBB!" :panic:

As for the R+L=J, I think they'll just half-assedly throw it in somewhere later. They'll find a way around it, like in HP7 when they made Harry "feel" the horcruxes instead of doing all the awesome flashbacks (I'm still upset about that).

I'm loving the actress playing Ygritte because she is completely different from who she plays in Downton Abbey. The girl has range! I could see her being a new favorite of mine if she keeps doing shows aired in the US.

As for Jaqen... this made me LOL.
http://getfile6.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/temp-2012-05-25/DeuqorgdqiIcBDhtapIuuIFAravpCBytzGdseoHvCFzgsAqFfy BgpHeDmfay/gameoflols-highlights.gif.scaled500.gif

fernandito
05-31-2012, 08:12 AM
I've been looking forward to the House of the Undying all season long. It is one of my favorite bits of the entire series. Has anyone listened to the soundtrack for that scene yet ? It's creepy as hell !

And yes, the battle of Kings Landing was so fucking amazing. I almost creamed myself when Bronn released the arrow and you see it cooly landing at it's destination, and the subsequent engulfing of the ships in wildfire. Very, very well done.

Also, kind of book spoilersh I guess?
Does the Hound tell Joffrey and the rest off the way it happened on the show? I can't remember.

Also, LAUGH OUT LOUD at Joffrey running away like a little bitch.

John Blaze
05-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Like a bitch? Joffrey *IS* a bitch. >_>

fernandito
06-04-2012, 08:10 AM
REALLY!? NO DISCUSSION ON LAST NIGHT'S AMAZING SF !?!?

First of all - LOVED the House of the Undying segment. The ice capped iron throne was a nice touch. The scene with dream Khal helped us appreciate how far Dany has come both literally and figuretively. She's not the pathetic, helpless child she was when we first met her.

The scene with Tyrion and Shae was great. It felt like Tyrion was steeling himself up for Shae's betrayal, so seeing him let loose those cathartic tears once she decided to stay with him was very moving, thanks in large part to Peter Dinklage's amazing acting skills. I also loved his confession of the addiction to the game that almost killed him.

Valar Morghulis! I was waiting for the eventual face change and the show handled it perfectly. Obviously those of us who/ve read the books knew it was coming, but I know it had it's intended shock value because my brothers - whom haven't read the novels - both let out a "WTF!?" after the face shift. Very cool.

Let's see, what else ... OH YEAH THE MOTHERFUCKING AWESOME WHITE WALKERS. I've been reading a few complaints online about the CGI, but it looked fine to me. It was an impressive sight, seeing the legion of them trudging along towards the horizon.

Gaaaaah, the wait for season 3 is going to be excruciating !

fernandito
06-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Also, I seriously LOL'D after Theon's war prepping speech was cut short :rofl:

Bethany
06-04-2012, 08:26 AM
As great as seeing the snow covered Iron Throne was and I really loved the scene with Drogo and Dany, the whole House of the Undying was anticlimactic. There was so much more that could have been done. Theon's speech was the shit then BONK! Annabeth commented "I think I heard Theon say he was going to kill the Batman." The White Walkers were amazing. I didn't think there'd be an entire horde of them...the battle at the Fist is going to be epic. I can live with Tyrion's scar, it will suffice though it is more badassed sexy than hideous. Seeing Winterfell in smoking ruins was sad.

John Blaze
06-04-2012, 08:29 AM
It wasn't cut short at all, the dude let him finish. In his words, "It was a fine speech, I didn't want to interrupt."

I myself thought the ending of the House of the Undying part was very anticlimactic. It was over too easy.

As you can tell by my av/sig combo, I loved the Khal Drogo part. It's sad that it can't be true.

The snow on the Iron Throne part was cool. But they didn't give any clues about Jon from our theory. I'mma have to go back and do another reread, because didn't she see a Rhaegar and Lyanna scene in the books?

fernandito
06-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah, that was something I was discussing with Bethany yesterday, the foreshadowing of

Jon's possible Targaryen-es-ness.

I'm guessing they're going to provide that clue somewhere, or omit it altogether ? I'm not sure.

Bethany
06-04-2012, 08:31 AM
I know she saw Rhaegar and someone with a baby, but I thought it was his wife. I am very curious as to how Jon's parentage is going to be handled on the show.

Erin
06-04-2012, 09:19 AM
What a great season finale! I agree that there could have been more to the House of the Undying, like I wanted to see the dragons light the whole motherfucking place up and then see Dany walking out of there with them and it blazing behind her. But I understand that this is a TV show and there is a budget. However, it was pretty badass when they were shooting fire behind her.

Oh man! The Jaime/Brienne scene. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for one of the Stark men to recognize Jaime. And Brienne's "two slow deaths" line. Wow.

The white walkers were amazing, like Feev, I saw no issues with the CGI. I thought it looked just fine.

In the Winterfell scene, it was amazing how quickly I went from laughing to crying in regards to Theon's speech straight to Maester Luwin getting stabbed. That was such an emotional scene in the Godswood and I was still teared up when they were leaving and you could see Winterfell smouldering in the background. :(

Speaking of crying, ugh. The Dany/Drogo scene. They have such great chemistry together. As a friend of mine pointed out on my facebook, It was interesting that the baby had black hair. My friend thinks they did this on purpose for later when it's explained why Jon doesn't have the Targaryen hair.

Also in regards to Jon's parentage, I have no idea how they are going to really start introducing it, but it was obvious after last night's episode that they are throwing clues out. Snow on the Iron Throne? I thought it was pretty blatant. Or I could just be reading too far into it because of everything I know from the books.

fernandito
06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Actually that's a very good point, Erin; I'm sure that the ice on the throne was the producers way of saving time/budget and simultaneously providing us with a clue of things to come, in this case the theory we're discussing.

John Blaze
06-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Idk, I didn't think the snow on the throne was too significant. I thought that scene was what may happen if the white walkers win. King's Landing defeated and burned out, abandoned in Winter. Then again, you never know.

John Blaze
06-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Speaking of crying, ugh. The Dany/Drogo scene. They have such great chemistry together. As a friend of mine pointed out on my facebook, It was interesting that the baby had black hair. My friend thinks they did this on purpose for later when it's explained why Jon doesn't have the Targaryen hair.

Also in regards to Jon's parentage, I have no idea how they are going to really start introducing it, but it was obvious after last night's episode that they are throwing clues out. Snow on the Iron Throne? I thought it was pretty blatant. Or I could just be reading too far into it because of everything I know from the books.

Also I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the books they say that the Starks have strong coloring, but then since most of Ned's kids got the Tully coloring, IDK. lol

Erin
06-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh good point, Bruno. That could totally be it. Like I said, I may have read too far into it because of the theory or they really could have been aiming that way. It's going to be so much fun to see how all this turns out!

John Blaze
06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I only mention it to show how Lyanna's genes could have overpowered Targ genes to give Jon his coloring.

Empath of the White
06-04-2012, 10:34 AM
The young dragons were cute as always. It seems like in this episode that they were given their own little mannerisms. The climax to Theon's occupation of Winterfell was well done, as were the white walkers. The best effects, imo, were on the long-haired walker's horse.

John Blaze
06-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Can't wait to see the dragons next season, Astapor!!!!!!!!!

Bethany
06-04-2012, 11:19 AM
The blonde hair and lilac eyes would both be recessive genes and any darker color would dominate them.

Jimimck
06-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Yup - loved it! It was an amazing episode to follow from last weeks epic show/battle. It has set up season three just perfectly if you ask me.

This was posted above, and I laughed so much it needs to be posted again

http://getfile6.posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/temp-2012-05-25/DeuqorgdqiIcBDhtapIuuIFAravpCBytzGdseoHvCFzgsAqFfy BgpHeDmfay/gameoflols-highlights.gif.scaled500.gif

Bethany
06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
A man will not be mocked.

sgc1999
06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Sucks that we wont see him anymore. That was just the face he wore up till now, he said that disguise/person was dead. The Dude under the mask was an ugly MO FO. The faceless???

mystima
06-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Saw last episode...am waiting for more....arrrrrrrrr.....but on a lighter note here is something for ya!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556122_468752273154231_1839873744_n.jpg

John Blaze
06-04-2012, 07:33 PM

Jimimck
06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Cersei is in a complicated relationship. Love it.

Ka-mai
06-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Finally saw the last ep... holy shit was it amazing! I seriously squealed with joy at pretty much every scene. It was glorious. My only quibbles are 1. Jaime is looking suspiciously brunette. Is there no beard dye in Hollywood? and 2. I wanted to see more of Daenerys's visions in the House of the Undying, specifically Rhaegar, but I guess that would have taken too much time.

Anyway, bloody brilliant, even where it deviated from the book. :D

beam*seeker
06-20-2012, 10:08 AM
When do we get Season 3???? I can't wait for Arya in the House of Faceless Men. Not looking forward to the Red Wedding but it should be good. I guess I will have to content myself with Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire until GOT3.

Bethany
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Probably around April >.<

John Blaze
06-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Not soon enough, that's for sure.

OchrisO
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Here is the new Season 2 8 Bit Game of Thrones video:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6791810/game-of-thrones-season-2-rpg

To quote Topless Robot, Littlefinger Dance Parties Are the Best Dance Parties.

Ka-mai
07-05-2012, 06:10 AM
:lol: I love the slapping bonus round. Also Arya.

I foster a fond wish that Arya will marry Gendry after everyone figures out he's Robert's heir and they reign in badassery. Or just that Arya will marry Gendry. That would be okay too.

fernandito
07-05-2012, 09:52 AM
I have a feeling that that's a strong possibility.

Ka-mai
07-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I also have a weird phobia of Gendry fucking his sisters, which isn't that weird since he thought the one was hot. I keep reminding myself that these aren't real people, but it doesn't help. :lol:

mystima
07-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Where are my Dragons?Where are my Dragons?Where are my Dragons?Where are my Dragons?Where are my Dragons? times infinity....lol

sgc1999
07-10-2012, 06:21 AM
I also have a weird phobia of Gendry fucking his sisters, which isn't that weird since he thought the one was hot. I keep reminding myself that these aren't real people, but it doesn't help. :lol:

weren't all his sisters put to death???

Ka-mai
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Not in the books.

Minor book spoiler, just in case you'd like to read them. It's really not a big detail but I don't want to upset anyone: There's a scene where Gendry, Hot Pie and Arya (and other people I can't remember) are at an inn, and the one girl says she has king's blood, and also has black shaggy hair, and she propositions him. He refuses at first but then after quarreling with Arya says he might go back and look for her. We never know if he did or not, but... ><

sgc1999
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
oh, snap. Thats right.

Isnt that when Brienne of Tarth gets messed up?

velcro_fly
07-10-2012, 03:54 PM
I believe Ka-mai is thinking of earlier in the series, when:

Gendry, Hot Pie and Arya have just escaped from Harrenhall and arrive at the Inn along the river where the Brotherhood without Banners first find them.

Ka-mai
07-10-2012, 04:47 PM
I believe I am, too. That particular book has so many characters visiting so many inns I get all the encounters confused. :lol:

velcro_fly
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I believe I am, too. That particular book has so many characters visiting so many inns I get all the encounters confused. :lol:

That kinda describes the entire series. :rofl:

Ka-mai
07-10-2012, 06:44 PM
:wtf: Indeed!

velcro_fly
07-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Season Three Characters Cast! (http://tv.blog.imdb.net/2012/07/13/game-of-thrones-casts-key-season-three-characters/)

Finally!:excited:

John Blaze
07-13-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpSDSgChsaI&feature=player_embedded#!

Bethany
07-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I am most pleased with this round of casting.

John Blaze
07-13-2012, 07:50 PM
me too. I'm glad they finally brought in the Reeds, and I am interested to know why The Greatjon isn't coming back?

Ka-mai
07-14-2012, 07:01 AM
I'm particularly pleased with Orell, Jojen, Shireen, Missandei, and Tormund. I also love the actor who's going to be Edmure. Even though he's completely not what I think Edmure would be like, I think he'll pull it off.

I know the show usually ages everyone quite a bit, so I ignored that in most of the casting, but Missandei? Why does she have to be so old? The Reeds and Shireen look like they'll be approximately in the right place.

sgc1999
07-15-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm particularly pleased with Orell, Jojen, Shireen, Missandei, and Tormund. I also love the actor who's going to be Edmure. Even though he's completely not what I think Edmure would be like, I think he'll pull it off.

I know the show usually ages everyone quite a bit, so I ignored that in most of the casting, but Missandei? Why does she have to be so old? The Reeds and Shireen look like they'll be approximately in the right place.

I agree, Missandei? She should have been WAY more provocative. She has the reverse effect, If you know what i mean:)

mystima
07-15-2012, 09:19 AM
hey look at Dame Judi Dench...maybe they should have asked her if she wasn't busy...lol...never know what they can do with makeup and what type of person they will make her for this series.

Ka-mai
07-15-2012, 09:34 AM

I agree, Missandei? She should have been WAY more provocative. She has the reverse effect, If you know what i mean:)

Missandei the eleven-year-old is supposed to be provocative? :beat: