PDA

View Full Version : Mia Farrowing

Weirdmonger
04-04-2011, 04:44 AM
In my real-time review of W of the C - so far - I have sort of experimented in relating Mia (the todash form of SOD (Susannah,Odetta, Detta)) to Mia Farrow - eg the actress in Rosemary's Baby - and today in the 'nightmare' scene we have a pig roast etc related to the 'chap' she carries. And 'farrowing' literally means 'giving birth to piglets'. I presume someone has drawn attention to this before???
df lewis

alinda
04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
uh, not that I have heard WMer. Interesting observation....care to elaborate ?

Jean
04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
bears are not sure what they think

alinda
04-04-2011, 10:39 AM
well she has not a distinction that some women have enjoyed, but she is and imo has been interesting.

Weirdmonger
04-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Well, as far as I've reached in the W of the C (DT V), Mia (i.e. the todash version of Susannah pregnant with a demon?) has the same name as Mia Farrow who, as an actress, is carrying a demon in Rosemary's Baby. In the chapter I've just read, there is in a nightmarish scene with a connection between a pig roast and the baby she carries. The word 'farrow' in English means to give birth to piglets.

My continuing review of W of the C is on my blog.
df lewis

Weirdmonger
04-05-2011, 07:15 AM
I have other theories about the Dark Tower series, so far, in my blogged Real-Time Reviews of it.
Like Oy being a representative of the reader i.e. you - or I (Oy). Or not just a representative but actually IS you. IS me.
However, the Mia Farrowing theory seems pretty watertight.
Whatever the case, Google indicates that nobody has identified this linkage before.
df lewis

harrison ryan
04-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Nice catch on the Mia thing. I do think it is a bit of veiled reference to Rosemary's Baby, it seems a bit too tidy to simply be a coincidence. King certainly knows his horror fiction/film. I think he mentions RB several times in Danse Macabre, if memory serves...it likely still registers a good-sized blip on his cultural radar.

Jean
04-05-2011, 09:06 AM
oh

Weirdmonger
04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Meantime, I sense that the Piper at the Gates of King wants his Third Eye to reabsorb this book's essence after its todash of inter-futurine gestation within my free-loading reader-brain.

Jean
04-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I like this last sentence. It has all the overtones of the noble insanity bears appreciate so much. The same goes for the title hypothesis of the thread.

Weirdmonger
04-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I like this last sentence. It has all the overtones of the noble insanity bears appreciate so much. The same goes for the title hypothesis of the thread.

Thanks,
This iis my earlier RETROCAUSAL BEAR page: http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/retrocausal-bear/

(You can find all my real-time reviews for DARK TOWER linked from here: http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/my-real-time-reviews-of-stephen-king-the-dark-tower-etc/ )

Jean
04-07-2011, 03:58 AM
oh, great! please have a look at our BearrrRRRrrrs thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1985-BearrrRRRrrrs!)

Merlin1958
04-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Meantime, I sense that the Piper at the Gates of King wants his Third Eye to reabsorb this book's essence after its todash of inter-futurine gestation within my free-loading reader-brain.

Just a tip, If, I were you, I would give the "Mind-Altering Drugs" a brief, but much needed hiatus. They are beginning to show signs of having a lasting affect.

Just a precaution, mind you.

Weirdmonger
04-08-2011, 11:24 PM
I prefer Jean's tentative view of 'noble insanity'.
I've never taken 'mind-altering drugs' in my whole 63 years of life ... unless I was force-fed them in the very early years.

pathoftheturtle
04-09-2011, 04:32 AM
Who needs drugs when we've got Stephen King?

Weirdmonger
04-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Who needs drugs when we've got Stephen King?

Indeed, I agree. And isn't that one of the more didactic points made in 'The Dark Tower' series itself?
des

Weirdmonger
04-12-2011, 06:07 AM
I think, having now reached the Susannah-Mio, Divided Girl of Mine – 10th Stanza chapter in 'SoS', that the Mia Farrowing theory above is now connected with the Prim and Mia also being seen in her twenties during that chapter.

Merlin1958
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Sorry, but I think you're off your Meds!!!!!!

Weirdmonger
04-14-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't know if you're joking or not. But referring to my drug habits, I do take amiss. Not that I have any drug habits, other than a glass of wine with dinner in the evening.

Weirdmonger
05-25-2011, 07:27 AM
I don't know if you're joking or not. But referring to my drug habits, I do take amiss. Not that I have any drug habits, other than a glass of wine with dinner in the evening.

I am pleased to report that Merlin1958 and I have mutually apologised by private message. And I promise to try to shape up better with forum protocols.

df lewis
http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/my-real-time-reviews-of-stephen-king-the-dark-tower-etc/