PDA

View Full Version : Weeds short story

kingfan
04-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi...I'm a new King fan...Ive read Carrie, Salem's Lot, and The Shining and thought all were great...oh and the first five issues of American Vampire (which, currently even without King's involvement at this point is still an awesome series). I'm trying to read everything that's been published so far(which finding bad lieutenant's rap is hard)...but Ive noticed on other sites that Weeds was posted on the Cavalier site but when I click on that link, it's not there anymore. Did anyone happen to copy the story and can upload it here or something?

brandnewfan
04-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I wish King would collect all his old stories that have so far been forgotten. I know he doesnt think many of them are worthy but he's gotta know that fans and casual readers alike would take them for what most of them are: early stories many of which were written before he became a true master. And a lot of them are pretty great too, including Weeds. There are some PDF files out there that have a bunch of uncollected works but I'm not sure if a link to one here would be allowed. Also most of the stories have clearly been typed up with several mistakes and typos throughout so it's sometimes kind of hard (annoying) to siffer through some of them....but only due to the typos.

harrison ryan
05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm looking for a digital version of Weeds right now, too. I need it for my Great King Re-Read. I'm up to 1976! If anyone can PM me a copy or point me toward a link or whatnot, please let me know.

UPDATE: Just finished reading it. Thanks, Mr. Rabbit Trick!

Brice
05-03-2011, 07:19 PM
I began my King reread last year. It is on hiatus so far this year, but to be continued. I got as far as Christine and decided to take a break.

harrison ryan
05-03-2011, 07:51 PM
I began my King reread last year. It is on hiatus so far this year, but to be continued. I got as far as Christine and decided to take a break.

Let me encourage you to pick it up again. Sounds like you got pretty far. Just choose a realistic end point for this year (like the end of the 80s work) and intersperse books by other authors so you don't get burnt out. Keep going! I know I will. I'm having a ball.

Brice
05-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Oh, it's definitely in my plans to resume it. I'm just taking a break. Realistically I could read it all this year if I wanted to. I've read 40 non SK books so far this year. My goal is at least 100 books before the year is out.