PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a last minute Fantasy baseball League?

doh
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I just started a new job and haven't been lurking as much as I like (plus licking my wounds from my NCAA bracket yikes). I came in today hoping for a FBL thread, and was wondering if anyone else would like to join a free league?

Let me know if there is interest, and I can start an ESPN or Yahoo one. Anyone have a preference or ideas why one is better then the other?

Anyway.. let's see if we can get one started this late.

Ben Staad
03-29-2011, 02:34 PM
I would be up for it. I've never played on ESPN so my choice would be for Yahoo. Either way I don't care as long as we can get some more folks...at least 6 to 10 teams?

doh
03-29-2011, 02:39 PM
That would probably be better than just me and you, huh?
One in an hour.. that sounds like it has a possibility of 6 or 10 teams.. I hope.

Also, what type of league? Rotisserie, points? Any feelings either way?

alkanto
03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I've never done any sort of fantasy league, but I do love baseball....I could certainly give it a whirl. How do these things work?

Ben Staad
03-29-2011, 02:57 PM
That would probably be better than just me and you, huh?
One in an hour.. that sounds like it has a possibility of 6 or 10 teams.. I hope.

Also, what type of league? Rotisserie, points? Any feelings either way?

I think the type of league may depend on who plays. If we have some new FB players it may be easier to do a strictly head to head points (i.e. rbi's, runs, sb, wins, etc..) what do you think!

harrison ryan
03-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm like alkanto...i like baseball, never been in a league. It's free? I can't afford to bet on ball, but I'd be interested if it's just for fun.

Ben Staad
03-29-2011, 03:02 PM
I've never done any sort of fantasy league, but I do love baseball....I could certainly give it a whirl. How do these things work?

There are different set-ups on how to play but they are all pretty similar. You pick players in a draft, set your roster, and your players accumulate points based on their production for the day (i.e. runs, stolen bases, RBIs, wins, saves, etc). You are usually matched up against another team and whoever has the most points or wins the most statistical categories wins the week. Sounds easy right....don't worry it's pretty simple and can be very addicting!

alkanto
03-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Okay, that sounds quite fun, actually! I generally shy away from fantasy leagues due to my utter lack of sports knowledge, but I do know baseball quite well. It's the only sport I really like at all, to be honest.

Merlin1958
03-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm in. I have one in Yahoo already so that would be my preference, but either way, I'm down.

Just let me know what the deal-io is!!!!

:thumbsup:

doh
03-29-2011, 07:02 PM
As of right now, I am leaning towards yahoo's head to head points system. I'm going out for a drive in a few minutes.. when I get back I think I will set up the league and post deets here.

I am thinking of a live draft tomorrow evening, probably 5-6 PM Pacific time. Is that ok or too late? Remember, if you are not at the draft, the computer will pick for you.

Merlin1958
03-29-2011, 07:07 PM
As of right now, I am leaning towards yahoo's head to head points system. I'm going out for a drive in a few minutes.. when I get back I think I will set up the league and post deets here.

I am thinking of a live draft tomorrow evening, probably 5-6 PM Pacific time. Is that ok or too late? Remember, if you are not at the draft, the computer will pick for you.

Can I recommend that if you are having an "Auto-Draft" you give folks 24 hrs? I know its tight, but I would like to be able to set "Pre-Draft" parameters if that is at all possible. I do understand its a close call, but of course its yours to make.

Maybe close it Late (PST) tomorrow? Just a thought.

doh
03-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Ok here is the link to the league

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/thedarktowerdotorg

password : roland
note password is in lowercase.

The draft will not happen until I say ready as commissioner. I will do it like 11pm Pacific time tomorrow night or later.
If there are not enough players, I might draft a few extra players ( like my 8 year old son, who always wants to play fantasy sports with me), if this is ok with you all.

Ben Staad
03-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Ok here is the link to the league

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/thedarktowerdotorg

password : roland
note password is in lowercase.

The draft will not happen until I say ready as commissioner. I will do it like 11pm Pacific time tomorrow night or later.
If there are not enough players, I might draft a few extra players ( like my 8 year old son, who always wants to play fantasy sports with me), if this is ok with you all.

If your 8 yo is playing I will just have just have to watch my potty mouth...LOL :P. I'm also having trouble signing up for the league so maybe you can repost with a different link. When I go to the link provided it says "You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)".

doh
03-30-2011, 06:55 AM
try this league id# is : 203188
pw: roland

Merlin1958
03-30-2011, 07:12 AM
OK Think I'm all set for Auto-Draft

Have fun everyone and Good Luck!!!!

Ben Staad
03-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Signed up and ready to go. Hope we can get a few more folks to sign up before the draft!

doh
03-30-2011, 12:44 PM
we need at least 4 teams for a league. I will start the draft late tonight, giving more time for latecomers.

Ben Staad
03-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Drafts coming up tonight....anyone else game on signing up........Alkanto?

alkanto
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm working on it....the site is saying I'm not part of the league you linked to, but it doesn't give me an option to join the league...hopefully I can figure it out!

ETA: Got it. I should be set to go!

Ben Staad
03-30-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm working on it....the site is saying I'm not part of the league you linked to, but it doesn't give me an option to join the league...hopefully I can figure it out!

ETA: Got it. I should be set to go!

Fantastic! I think you will have fun.

doh
03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
oops!
I am a complete idiot.. the league id is 203138 not 188.. I was wondering why no one else was showing up.

I have no idea who started the other league, but it is 6 teams, live draft tomorrow.

Could I ask you all to join mine.. 203138 pw is roland

Ben Staad
03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure whose league I'm playing in but I'm now signed up for both!

SkippyD023
03-31-2011, 05:09 AM
OK, I am signed up for both now as well. Which league are we using? 138 has 3 teams and 188 has 6 teams

Merlin1958
03-31-2011, 01:55 PM
I signed up for 188, but no players!!!!!

Did the auto-draft not take place yet?

:orely: