PDA

View Full Version : The JFK assasination thread

Brice
03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
It may happen that the thread doesn't hold anyone's interest enough to live, but I thought that in light of Mr. King's upcoming new story it might be fun/interesting to see what people thought happened so please discuss what you believe happened. Are the "official versions" true?

Tito_Villa
03-03-2011, 09:46 AM
What was the official view?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-03-2011, 10:27 AM
He died of gunshot wounds.

RainInSpain
03-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I won't pretend that I know enough of the inner workings of the US political and business life, especially in the 60s, but the story with Lee Harvey Oswald being motivated by a sort of delusion of grandeur and sociopathy seems too simple to me. It was just oh-so-convenient to blame it all on a weird guy who at one time defected to the Soviet Union.
(That's a conspiracy theorist in me speaking :lol:)

MPatrick
03-03-2011, 11:11 AM
It has to be the best conspiracy theory! I read quite a bit of the conspiracy theories and the debunking of same. I'm still left confused, as there are definitely reasons to "believe" from all sides. I know that there have been quite a number of time travel stories that dealt with stopping the assassination, and I'm excited to see how SK does. There is a book, Replay, that touches on the subject as well, but I don't want to spoil anything here.

I'm always excited for a new SK book, and glad that retirement hasn't stopped him from continuing to write!

Bethany
03-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Not only did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone because of his misplaced beliefs, but he shot and killed the President with an magic bullet that traveled forewards and backwards, through 3 different people and remained virutally intact.

MPatrick
03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
You would think the US govt would have taken the bullets from the gun for military purposes! :wtf:

OchrisO
03-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Back and to the left.....back.....and to the left.....

DoctorDodge
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM
My favourite theory is that JFK was not assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, but was in fact shot by a version of himself from another timeline.

Well, that's the Red Dwarf theory, anyway.

fernandito
03-03-2011, 11:50 AM
"Texas is the reason that presidents dead, dead, dead."

Bethany
03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
My favourite theory is that JFK was not assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, but was in fact shot by a version of himself from another timeline.

Like that thing Harry Potter did with himself down by the lake?

OchrisO
03-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I have to put my favorite (related) Asylum Street Spankers song(written by Homer Henderson) in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rJjsiMrgIY

Everyone should listen.

DoctorDodge
03-03-2011, 12:01 PM

Like that thing Harry Potter did with himself down by the lake?

Kinda, but with an evolved cat, an android with a messed up head, a smeghead, and a Liverpudlian crossing time itself so he could find some curry.

MPatrick
03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Curry? "I travel both time and space, for food!" I take it is meant to be funny? I've never seen Red Dwarf...

John_and_Yoko
03-03-2011, 01:13 PM
The official story for the JFK assassination isn't even believable if you look at the facts.

On the day of the assassination the parade route was changed so that it went onto Elm Street--and it was on the part of the parade route that was changed that JFK was shot and killed.

ICry4Oy
03-03-2011, 01:21 PM
.....................a smeghead............

:|

:scared:

pathoftheturtle
03-03-2011, 01:40 PM
The official story for the JFK assassination isn't even believable if you look at the facts. ...Precisely why the Warren Commission decided not to do any of that.

John_and_Yoko
03-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Yes, exactly--the RFK assassination's claims were more believable.

Though still wrong.

DoctorDodge
03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Curry? "I travel both time and space, for food!" I take it is meant to be funny? I've never seen Red Dwarf...

Yeah, it's a comedy. And actually, you're not far off with that quote of yours: after discovering he has radically altered history for the worse by saving JFK's life (accidentally, too), he asks, "How was i supposed to know a chicken vindaloo was gonna cause all this?!?" :lol:

It's not just time travel that Red Dwarf made funny, either: future echos, parallel universes, white holes, all of which were made surprisingly funny whilst making scientific sense!

pathoftheturtle
03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes, exactly--the RFK assassination's claims were more believable.

Though still wrong.Yes, wrong, and also WRONG.

Brice
03-04-2011, 07:48 AM
"Texas is the reason that presidents dead, dead, dead."

You gotta suck, suck, Jackie, suck.

MPatrick
03-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks, DD!

I'll have to try and check it out. I always appreciate a little comedy with my geek!

pixiedark76
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I have heard of a conspiracy theory from the Oliver stone movie, that there were three bullets found in a "grassy knoll." In Oliver Stones' film JFK was the one that was supposed to be shot at by 3 or more shooters. The movie JFK was about uncovering evidence of a conspiricy to make JFK escalate to war in Vietnam

I have theory of my own. I do agree with the film in that there were bullets found on a "grassy knoll"

I, however, believe that Jackie Kennedy and the children were supposed to be shot instead. Did anybody ever hear of the saying, "I will kill your whole family and make you watch." Can you imagine how JFK would have reacted? I think that there was a plot to kill JFK's family in order to punish him or to make him react badly and start a war (possibly with Cuba or Vietnam.

I believe that Oswald screwed up, he was not supposed to kill JFK,Oswald was supposed to kill JFK's wife. When the other assassins saw that JFK was shot instead, they unloaded their weapons and got out of town.

I believe that Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald to punish him for screwing up, not to shut him up so he could not reveal a conspiracy or plot to kill JFK. I also believe that Jack Ruby did not want Oswald to tell of the conspiracy to kill JFK's wife and children.

pathoftheturtle
03-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Wow. To believe that they could get away with killing the President of the U.S. is incredible, but to believe that they could get away with what you're talking about, after leaving him alive, is just mind-boggling.

And if Oswald hadn't been shot then, he would have had to face justice, anyway.

John_and_Yoko
03-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I wish the movie JFK had been a better movie, because unfortunately Oliver Stone left too many problems in it that the naysayers can pick apart and say, "See? Crazy conspiracy theory. Don't you believe it!" Even the frames of the Zapruder film (as we see them) don't correspond with the numbers Jim Garrison gives.

I believe that those who think EVERYTHING's a conspiracy and those who think there's no such THING as a conspiracy are equally wrong, and equally fooling themselves. Whether conspiracy theories are all wackos or whether anything non-conspiratorial is just "a cover story--what they WANT you to think" is not the issue when it comes to the JFK assassination or anything else. The issue is the facts, the whole truth free from bias, and what conclusion that suggests.

By the way, there ought to be an associated thread about Watergate in here.