PDA

View Full Version : Revised Edition?

///Ficarra
02-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Just recently, I discovered what appears to be a revised edition of The Waste Lands. A friend of mine has been reading the series, and is just about to start on WotC. He asked if the wolves were just those robot things with thinking caps. I was confused as to how he would even know this, and upset because that's a major spoiler for the whole WotC book. He said that in The Waste Lands, several of these "Wolves" had chased Blaine out of the city at the end of the book. I don't know about any of you, but having read the whole series twice, I've never heard of such events, and I'm upset to even think that King would go back and revise something that didn't need revising. The revised edition of Gunslinger was bad enough, but The Waste Lands too? Really?

The book is listed as a revised edition on Amazon, but I can't find out any more information on it. :unsure:

http://www.amazon.com/Waste-Lands-Tower-Revised-ebook/dp/B000PC721I

Roland of Gilead 33
02-17-2011, 06:32 PM
i just got done reading "The Waste Lands" not no revised edition not to long ago maybe a month or so? & that is NOT in it. to my best of knowledge he didn't do anymore editions other than the 1st book, i asked this here not to long ago in fact

& that part isn't in the book. at least not in the version i read

Jean
02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
God forbid... TWL is perfection incarnate as it is

Bev Vincent
02-18-2011, 03:10 AM
The "revised edition" qualifier appears only in the Amazon description, not on the book's cover. This edition features the new interview that came with the 2003 reissues from Viking, but the text itself is in no way revised. Though King expressed a general intent to revise books 2-4, he has not done so and I doubt that he ever will.

///Ficarra
02-18-2011, 08:59 PM
I didn't think that it was. I actually bought the book from Amazon and installed the kindle for PC application just because I needed to see if I could find it. I was unable to find it, so I guess I need to talk to my friend again to find out what the hell he read, because it surely wasn't this book.

Roland of Gilead 33
02-19-2011, 03:06 PM
or smoked? he he

pathoftheturtle
02-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Smoking something that let's you predict plot twists in books you haven't read yet?
:unsure: ... Where can *I* get some?

Roland of Gilead 33
02-19-2011, 11:40 PM
he he TRUE, or he could have been smoking something & while high picked up a book any book maybe wolves of calla? & read the ending of that book while high? i dunno i'm just guessing. he he

///Ficarra
02-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Nah, hell hasn't frozen over yet, the friend in question didn't get high. ;)