PDA

View Full Version : magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

obscurejude
12-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Did you guys see the trailer specifically for the Zombie mode? It really makes it look amazing- which it is. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRhXMmffYKc

turtlex
12-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Wow. That does look cool. Really makes me think I should consider the shotgun, but honestly - I hate using the shotgun. I seem to get dead real quick when I do.

obscurejude
12-10-2008, 08:30 AM
I was the same way Turtlex, until I got a hold of the trench gun which you can find upstairs. Its a lot more powerful than the double barrel and you get six rounds before reloading. I have always hated shotguns in COD but that pump action trench gun is a lot of fun with the Zombies. Its almost impossible to miss as long as you aim it in the general direction. :lol:

turtlex
12-10-2008, 08:38 AM
I suck buckets with the shotgun. Even in Modern Warfare, it's the one weapon where I don't have XP. Total suckage.

Sounds like I need to get that trench gun, for sure! Gonna aim for getting up those stairs my next time out.

So much depends, though, on the other three folks on your squad. A couple of times playing, I was the only person attempting to do any REVIVEs. I felt like a stinking medic! We never got passed the 6-7th level. I was like - people, we have to work together!

obscurejude
12-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Well, I haven't played with any random people. It was nice having my buddy John right next to me and playing split screen. As long as you have a fairly big TV its probably the best way to go about it. We had it down to a science after about an hour. It would really be great to have another person or two.

A lot of time if I went down, John would be reviving me while I would get 10 or 15 headshots in last stand mode. :lol:

You really have to be a team player in order for Co-Op to work. Its one of the most amazing and frustrating things about mulit player online.

turtlex
12-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Well, I haven't played with any random people. It was nice having my buddy John right next to me and playing split screen. As long as you have a fairly big TV its probably the best way to go about it. We had it down to a science after about an hour. It would really be great to have another person or two.

A lot of time if I went down, John would be reviving me while I would get 10 or 15 headshots in last stand mode. :lol:

You really have to be a team player in order for Co-Op to work. Its one of the most amazing and frustrating things about mulit player online.

Oh, you're lucky. It's a real challenge playing with people you don't know. Especially if they're ... how shall I say, cranky.

One guy kept yelling at everyone else, saying they were stealing his kills!

Finally, some guy said - "Dude, we're trying to play the game, you can't shoot for shit" or something like that. It was funny. Everyone left that squad at the end.

Towards the higher levels, if you're not working with a team, you're dead meat. They're just swarming all over the place.

obscurejude
12-10-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm hoping John will be able to come over tonight and play. Its really fun drinking and killing Zombies. I highly highly recommend it.

Its also not as scary as when you're by yourself.

I could see this being extremely frustrating online with people you don't know. I wouldn't really want to play unless I already knew the people or played with them often in a clan. Everybody has different strengths and weaknesses.

IWasSentWest
12-10-2008, 08:06 PM
sorry turtlex...didn't mean to offend. i'll try to take the word out of my vocab.

hit level 20 today with a friend at his house. basically set up shop with the ray gun and the STEN. my friend was just shotgunning and running around. worked perty well untill i ran out of shells. fucked me up

obscurejude
12-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Is there any way to get the ray gun besides the randomizer box? I tried four times one round and never got the option. :( I've only gotten to use it once.

IWasSentWest
12-10-2008, 08:23 PM
just the luck of the draw....keep building up ur points and keep buying weapons. u dont gotta take the weapon u buy, just wait a little bit and it'll disappear, and try again. kinda wastes alot of pionts, but what else do u need them for? heh

obscurejude
12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I was rolling in the dough after about 7 rounds but I got sick of trying to get it after four attempts.

Your advice about letting the zombie crawl around was very successful for us tonight.

Where do you set up camp? Upstairs or down?

IWasSentWest
12-10-2008, 09:14 PM
down..i hate the upstairs, i never unlock it bc it's just too many more doors to control...posting up on a blocked stair case has it's pros and cons...it bottlenecks the zombies so u dont have to check in every direction, but if u get swarmed, it's hard to escape. usually a corner with no windows, or a corner with one window and just keep rebuilding it as you shoot em down.

the help room is a good place if ur the kinda character that runs around...u can use the pillars as an advantage to slow the zombies. if u get a mob that is in a pretty tight group chasing u, chunk a granade while u run and it'll take most of them out since the room is kinda small...just gotta know when 2 toss it.

obscurejude
12-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Most of the videos I saw on youtube had people at that bottleneck on the top of the stairs. We tried it, and it worked like a charm until we got into the double digit rounds. Your right, its hard to escape and if one of you goes down, its impossible to be revived.

I heard that at some point you get unlimited ammo. I could see that working at the bottleneck. Do you have any idea what round that might be?

IWasSentWest
12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
no idea...but yeh if that is true, that would be sweet...just get a sick machine gun and just sit there....would kinda defeat the fun and purpose of the game, but hott damn it would be fun for a little while

obscurejude
12-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that by the time you get to that round, you've earned it.

I think the videos you mentioned on youtube about the people getting 100+ rounds are accomplished with cheat software on the pc version. At least, the 4 or 5 that I saw admitted to doing that. :shrugs:

The best legitimate one I found was 33 or 34. They stayed in the bottom room and had 1 guy in the corner and 2 guarding the door. It was impressive to watch.

turtlex
12-11-2008, 03:40 AM
sorry turtlex...didn't mean to offend. i'll try to take the word out of my vocab.

hit level 20 today with a friend at his house. basically set up shop with the ray gun and the STEN. my friend was just shotgunning and running around. worked perty well untill i ran out of shells. fucked me up

Thank you kindly ( re. using "gay" as a negative... however, if you want to use it positively, feel free.... ie : I hit level 45 and got the worlds highest score, it was gay!!! )

Level 20 !! Woowohoo. That is OUTSTANDING!!!!!! The highest I've gotten is 17, and that was with a squad of 4. The other three, way good !

Is there any way to get the ray gun besides the randomizer box? I tried four times one round and never got the option. :( I've only gotten to use it once.

I have yet to get the ray gun. I swear, I run for that freakin box whenever I can and I'm never hitting that. I never get the flamethrower either!

just the luck of the draw....keep building up ur points and keep buying weapons. u dont gotta take the weapon u buy, just wait a little bit and it'll disappear, and try again. kinda wastes alot of pionts, but what else do u need them for? heh

So, is there are kind of XP with the Zombies, cause I thought there wasn't and then I see that I'm getting some kind of point totals... also, have you seen any challenges?

Yeah, I was rolling in the dough after about 7 rounds but I got sick of trying to get it after four attempts.

Your advice about letting the zombie crawl around was very successful for us tonight.

Where do you set up camp? Upstairs or down?

I can't seem to find the time to camp at all. I'm always running all over the place, trying to cover doors and windows! Ugh, what I wouldn't give for a claymore or a bouncing betty!

down..i hate the upstairs, i never unlock it bc it's just too many more doors to control...posting up on a blocked stair case has it's pros and cons...it bottlenecks the zombies so u dont have to check in every direction, but if u get swarmed, it's hard to escape. usually a corner with no windows, or a corner with one window and just keep rebuilding it as you shoot em down.

the help room is a good place if ur the kinda character that runs around...u can use the pillars as an advantage to slow the zombies. if u get a mob that is in a pretty tight group chasing u, chunk a granade while u run and it'll take most of them out since the room is kinda small...just gotta know when 2 toss it.

A couple of matches I played yesterday, this one kid kept running up and opening up the upstairs ASAP and I could never figure out why. For one thing, if someone gets killed up there - you have to run like seven miles to revive them and that takes forever, not to mention - zombie overload if the jerk who opened up the upper level doesn't mention it to anyone who is running around and trying to defend the lower levels!

Oh, and I could never seem to find the trench gun up there - of course, I was usually being eaten alive by Zombies... so go figure.

Most of the videos I saw on youtube had people at that bottleneck on the top of the stairs. We tried it, and it worked like a charm until we got into the double digit rounds. Your right, its hard to escape and if one of you goes down, its impossible to be revived.

I heard that at some point you get unlimited ammo. I could see that working at the bottleneck. Do you have any idea what round that might be?

Umlimited ammo?!? That would be sweet. I like the bottleneck idea, and will try that sometime this weekend. I was thinking to maybe do the same in the back room. There are only like two entrances there, if everyone got in the back room, you might be able to hold them off.

no idea...but yeh if that is true, that would be sweet...just get a sick machine gun and just sit there....would kinda defeat the fun and purpose of the game, but hott damn it would be fun for a little while

Every time I get a machine gun, it seems like you have to hit the zombies like 20 times before they die. I never keep the machine gun. It just doesn't seem to do enough damage. It slows them down, but sure doesn't kill them effectively.

I'm pretty sure that by the time you get to that round, you've earned it.

I think the videos you mentioned on youtube about the people getting 100+ rounds are accomplished with cheat software on the pc version. At least, the 4 or 5 that I saw admitted to doing that. :shrugs:

The best legitimate one I found was 33 or 34. They stayed in the bottom room and had 1 guy in the corner and 2 guarding the door. It was impressive to watch.

I can never see the point of using a hack. You're cheating and not playing the game. That is why I like the PS3 games - they've been great about keeping hacks OUT and letting players actually PLAY.

I will be Zombie Killing again tonight... of course, because I'm all about the zombies, I'm stuck at level 29 in the online game. I'll never get a flamethrower at this rate!

obscurejude
12-11-2008, 09:16 AM
All good points Turtlex. :thumbsup:

The trench gun is located at (from the understairs back room) at the complete opposite end of the bunker on the top floor to the right of the cabinet that holds the sniper rifles. Its on the wall and I think it costs 1500 bones (though it might be 1200).

When I play with my friend John, I'm usually the guy playing offense while he plays defense (the last game I killed 150 more Zombies than him). I find the Thompson to be very effective, but you've got to go for the upper torso/head. I switch the Thompson out for the type 99 if I get it in the box or that msg (which I can't recall the name at the moment).

Turtlex, I tried West' advice about crippling one Zombie and then restocking and barricading while he crawls around before the next round. It was very useful advice. This will give you the opportunity to explore around upstairs without fear of dying.

I'm very glad the PS 3 doesn't lend itself to hacking as well. Its one of the main reasons that I play consoles over pc's.

lock and load guys.

turtlex
12-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Cool, and thanks - I will try to find the trench gun. Mostly, I think I was sticking with the thompson. I never got a 99, though I do like those in the online play.

I plan on taking the shoot out their legs advice and giving it a try for sure.

I can't wait to get out of work today, and get home and play some.

lock and load :shoot:

obscurejude
12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
About taking out their legs, the way to do that is with a grenade. I should have mentioned that. Its a delicate procedure, because sometimes you'll just blow them completely away. :lol:

The 99 is great, but it runs out of ammo really fast because of its rate of fire. Since you can only get it from the trunk of randomness, you have to depend on getting those full ammo bonuses. Its another good reason to stay in the backroom, so you can swap it out for the Thompson if you run out of bullets.

turtlex
12-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Every time I use a granade, they run right past it.

These are the fastest darned Zombies I've ever seen.....

..... in the movies, Zombies walk at a max speed of 1mph!

obscurejude
12-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah, you have to do it preemptively. I usually just throw the grenades from the back room out into the main one around the place where the stairwell is. That's kind of a nexus of many entry points. Once they come sprinting (after round 6 I think), its about all you can do. While it can be frustrating, its absolutely necessary because there just isn't enough time in between rounds.

IWasSentWest
12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
try blowing them up while they are trying to open up the windows. it mostly always works bc the little crawlers can crawl right over the barricades. if not, just cook the grenade until its about to blow and then chunk it at a horde

turtlex
12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
try blowing them up while they are trying to open up the windows. it mostly always works bc the little crawlers can crawl right over the barricades. if not, just cook the grenade until its about to blow and then chunk it at a horde

Oh! Duh ! I never think to cook them. That's the key! I'll give that a try.

Still Servant
12-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Feev, Dead Space is a fricken SA-WEET game.

Freaks me out to play at night though.

fernandito
12-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Glad you like it! :D Which chapter are you on?

The level of freakiness (sp?) grows exponentially as you dwell deeper and deeper into the ship :scared:

Fall of Gilead
12-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Another one succumbs to the awesomeness of Dead Space.

Yunsung
12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Those of you with PS3s who are online: Home is interesting. You should get it if you don't have it; it's free. The option to start downloading is above the PSN Store option.

I enjoy online chess and chatting with people who have corporeal (if digital) form. I'll be the unabashedly red man named Ptylerdactyl.

fernandito
12-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I went to a swap meet today, and I came home with Shadows of The Empire, Castlevania 64, Looney Toons : Buster Busts Loose!, Jurassic Park, and Banjo Kazooie - all for under $50!

:D

obscurejude
12-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Nice find Feev. :thumbsup: What console version of Jurassic Park? I love the one that was made for the Sega Genesis. Its one of my all time favorites.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-13-2008, 07:33 PM
I just started Bioshock. It is amazing. For those who played System Shock 2, you will be very happy. This game has the ability to actually scare the shit out of you. Turn off the lights. Turn the sound up and enjoy

fernandito
12-13-2008, 11:30 PM
OJ - yeah, it's the Sega Genesis version.:thumbsup:

Childe - Bioshock is on my X-Mas list :D

obscurejude
12-13-2008, 11:45 PM
I love that version. Do you like playing as Grant or the Raptor the best? I personally like Grant, and the river is my favorite level. Its just a fantastic game, besides the music, which is terrible. Its one of those titles for the genesis that was vastly superior to the SNES. It didn't happen it often.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Did you play system shock 1 or 2 Fever?

fernandito
12-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Do you like playing as Grant or the Raptor the best?

The Raptor. :D

Did you play system shock 1 or 2 Fever?

I've never played that game... :unsure:

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-15-2008, 11:20 PM
System Shock 2 is hands down the best game I have ever played. I think it was only available as a PC game. Bioshock is shaping up to be as good. If you get a chance to try System Shock 2, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

obscurejude
12-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I don't play World of Warcraft but I thought this was hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B97P0e7ejYw

I know every word and sing it often at school. :D

Yunsung
12-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Lulz. I showed that to my WoW guildmate/roommate.

obscurejude
12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Cool. Glad you guys liked it. I think its awesome. :thumbsup:

"I got more Hilman clothes, than Cliff Huxtable" :rofl:

fernandito
12-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Those guys should never rap again, ever.

obscurejude
12-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Those guys should never rap again, ever.

Care to elaborate? :lol:

fernandito
12-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Annoying, unoriginal, annoying.

obscurejude
12-16-2008, 09:39 PM
:cry:

fernandito
12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
My bad :couple:

But to each his own, and all that jazz.

obscurejude
12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Just kidding. I guess you can say that since you're a rap fan. For a white boy like me, I thought the lyrics were hilarious and its much better than I could do in regards to the delivery.

theBeamisHome
12-17-2008, 06:42 PM
i thought it was funny... but the dude had no rhythm, it was great! :lol:

fernandito
12-18-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm getting my brother Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe for Christmas. :D

Has anyone here played it? It was a lot better than I expected it to be, gameplay wise. And the ability to bust a fatality on Superman with Sub Zeros powers is awesome as hell!

turtlex
12-18-2008, 05:01 AM
Still working my way through the new Tomb Raider... mostly, meh. Thing is, I just read a review of this game in GameInformer and they gave it a 8.75 and said it was like the best TR ever, or close to that.

Mostly, I'm bored to tears and sick of running miles back and forth to throw a switch.

Lara does look good though.

fernandito
12-18-2008, 05:03 AM
But, 'The Best TR Ever' isn't exactly saying a lot. :lol:

IGN does has a weird rating system though...

obscurejude
12-18-2008, 05:13 AM
Feev, I tried for a couple of hours to play DMC and the camera literally gave me a headache. It was absolutely terrible, worst I've ever seen. I appreciate the recommendation though, and it seems like a cool game but I just can't see what the hell I'm doing and the random angle changes irk me to no. Also, you can't toggle on your enemies, which isn't that big of a deal with a normal camera, but in DMC it means that you might have to fight someone offscreen that you can't even see. It was driving me crazy. :panic:

turtlex
12-18-2008, 05:15 AM
But, 'The Best TR Ever' isn't exactly saying a lot. :lol:

IGN does has a weird rating system though...

An excellent point, re: Best TR Ever.

I do love the series, though. I'm a big Lara fan. I'm just bored with this game so far. Lots of running. Wow. Fun. Running.

I would like a combo sort of deal, like Drake's but with Lara.

fernandito
12-18-2008, 05:17 AM
:/

I'm sorry you feel that way, Ryan. I know that a lot of people have trouble with the fixed camera views, but I've played so many games like that that I guess I'm used to it. You putting DMC down for good?

turtlex
12-18-2008, 05:19 AM
Feev, I tried for a couple of hours to play DMC and the camera literally gave me a headache. It was absolutely terrible, worst I've ever seen. I appreciate the recommendation though, and it seems like a cool game but I just can't see what the hell I'm doing and the random angle changes irk me to no. Also, you can't toggle on your enemies, which isn't that big of a deal with a normal camera, but in DMC it means that you might have to fight someone offscreen that you can't even see. It was driving me crazy. :panic:

I had all kinds of weird issues playing Bioshock. Some games just don't work with some people, whether its the camera or the lighting, etc.

Stinks, though, cause I was having fun with Bioshock before I had to abandon it. DMC is cool, too. Bummer.

obscurejude
12-18-2008, 05:25 AM
:/

I'm sorry you feel that way, Ryan. I know that a lot of people have trouble with the fixed camera views, but I've played so many games like that that I guess I'm used to it. You putting DMC down for good?

I don't know. From the footage I've seen on youtube, the new one is different in regards to the camera right? It looks like you can toggle as well as lock onto enemies.

I think I've just been spoiled with some good first person shooters. I don't play a lot of games with a fixed camera angle, I'm used to being able to look wherever I need to. I also love side to side scrolling and its not uncommon for me to have some issues when the game is somewhere in between side to side and 3 D. DMC was the worst that I've come across in regards to my own personal preferences. The concept seems cool, I enjoyed the cut scenes, and the graphics looked fantastic for the PS 2 era.

I think I might retire the first set, but I'm still open to playing the new one if they've improved the camera.

Odetta
12-18-2008, 07:08 AM
I GOT SPORE FOR MY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!
:excited:

*twirls around the room holding case*

Empath of the White
12-18-2008, 11:00 AM
So I'm getting Oblivion for Christmas. Do I need to play the prior Elder Scrolls games to understand everything that's going on, or are they stand alone games?

turtlex
12-18-2008, 11:13 AM

Spore is fun, but no game is beatable while you're dizzy from spinning. I suggest a few minutes of rest before starting.

IWasSentWest
12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
So I'm getting Oblivion for Christmas. Do I need to play the prior Elder Scrolls games to understand everything that's going on, or are they stand alone games?

not in the least..they are completely stand alone..but if u want a little backstory, just hit up the elder scrolls site and read up on the races and shit

btw turtlex...if u've put the game down, u wouldnt mind selling it now would u?

turtlex
12-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Bioshock? Already traded in, my friend. Sorry. I'm a fixture at GameStop.

IWasSentWest
12-18-2008, 04:16 PM
garrrr

Odetta
12-19-2008, 07:28 AM

Spore is fun, but no game is beatable while you're dizzy from spinning. I suggest a few minutes of rest before starting.

good point

fernandito
12-19-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm buying myself the latest Prince of Persia game for Christmas!

Merry Christmas Feev! :D

turtlex
12-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Feev, I hope you wrap it up and put it under the tree !

fernandito
12-19-2008, 01:28 PM
:lol:

On the tag I'm going to write

To : Feev

And of course I'm going to act super surprised when I open it, and possibly shed a tear and hug myself.

:cyclops:

turtlex
12-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh for sure Hug Yourself... it's super kind of you to think of yourself at this time of year. A hug is the least you can do ! :grouphug:

obscurejude
12-19-2008, 02:02 PM
I decided that I couldn't get enough World War 2 and got COD 3 for the PS 3. The frame rate on the PS 2 version was too slow now that I'm used to the next gen consoles. Luckily, I found a used copy for 20 bucks. I know its far from the best of the series, but life has been tough lately and I want to take it out on some Natzis.

obscurejude
12-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah, I also watched Saving Private Ryan a few nights ago and I had no idea how much these games borrow from the movie. It was an interesting experience. I had watched the movie years ago but not since playing first person shooters set in World War II. The thing is, I didn't think it was cheesy or unoriginal. It was just cool, but I'm not a film studies major so I don't really know how to describe its coolness off the cuff.

fernandito
12-19-2008, 04:28 PM
LittleBigPlanet - Metal Gear Trailer!

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/856680/media-molecule-ps3-game-/videos/MGStrail_121808.html

It takes about 1:15 seconds to load. :)

SigTauGimp
12-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Kind of related to games, but kind of not...has anyone watched Resident Evil: Degeneration yet??

I'm debating watching it....heard nothing but mixed reviews...I'm a big RE fan, but even some of those people didn't like it.

turtlex
12-20-2008, 03:05 AM
I've read about it and seen bits, but honestly, I would miss Mila.

turtlex
12-20-2008, 03:10 AM
"borrow"?

You're such a kind soul.

fernandito
12-20-2008, 05:19 AM
I'm a huge RE fan, and I plan to watch it no matter what. :)

I'll probably pick up Degenartion and the prequel-anime to Dead Space at the same time.

IWasSentWest
12-20-2008, 09:19 AM
u were playin cod 5 on ps2? wow

obscurejude
12-20-2008, 09:38 AM
"borrow"?

You're such a kind soul.

Well, its not like Spielberg was the first. Plus, it was done so well (the game) that it, for me, became what a realistic war game should be. It gave me the opportunity to live in the movie in a very pleasing meta kind of way. The sounds, the first person action...

obscurejude
12-20-2008, 09:39 AM
u were playin cod 5 on ps2? wow

COD 3 is also set in World War 2.

Still Servant
12-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I beat Dead Space last night, I was on a deadline and I hate playing video games with a deadline (I have to give it back to my cousin's husband today.) It's just not my style.

I really enjoyed the game. I'm not one to get scared at films or haunted mansions at Halloween, but this game creeped me out more than once. I thought the lighting and sound/music were all great. Some of the best I've seen in video games recently.

My only gripe is the lack of character development. I would have really liked to have gotten to know my character. It would have made me feel that much more like a badass.

The silent type might have worked for Crono back in the day, but it just doesn't work with today's games.

fernandito
12-20-2008, 02:00 PM
What about that cliffhangerish ending, Mike? How did that sit with you?

IWasSentWest
12-20-2008, 07:55 PM
oooo. i hated cod 3. wasn't that the one with all the glitches and it would freeze up constantly?

obscurejude
12-20-2008, 08:04 PM
I have it for the PS 3 now and so far it hasn't frozen up any and the glitches have been few. I'm about three fourths through the single player campaign.

The frame rate is a lot slower than the later titles and takes some getting used to. Its really not that bad and I'm enjoying all the French countryside and vehicle missions. Its really pretty cool and it was only 20 bucks.

Treyacrch which is a subsidiary of Infinityward made 3 as well as World at War.

Its an alright game. Like I said, I was jonesing for more WW II and I didn't want to buy any Medal of Honor games unless I had to.

The voice acting is actually better than World at War as well as some of the AI. The graphics not so much and the weapons leave a lot to be desired. Especially the Thompsons and MP 40's.

I'm just passing the time by killing Natzi's.

IWasSentWest
12-20-2008, 08:18 PM
a friend had it for 360 and i think they had a big recall bc it would freeze up after a certain mission...might've just been for the 360 though

turtlex
12-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Before World At War came out, I gave COD3 for the PS3 a shot - I hated it.

I'm so glad I never tried it before, or I probably wouldn't have gotten into COD4 and now WaW.

Harrald
12-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Out of the group of us that share the PS3 only one of us enjoyed CoD3. I found it to linear for my taste. I like games that I can go whatever way I want. The older SoCom games were like that. It didn't really matter how you got to the end as long as you got there. After a while they changed those games too. Now I really only play the online version of the games. I let the other guys play single player.

obscurejude
12-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Keyword to my post above is "jonesing." I wanted a fix and it gave me one. Its not a great game and I'll probably never play it again when I finish the campaign. Remember that my internet is out so I can't play any mulitplayer. Its the only reason that I'm playing COD 3.

turtlex
12-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Ah yes, the jonesing for a new game which touches the current one. I love that. That's why I had gotten the COD3 myself. I guess I was so into Modern Warfare, and counting the days until WaW came out - figured I'd try it. Twas probably a mistake at the time. I don't blame the game. It was my expectations.

Now, already... starting to build for the next installment of Modern Warfare... gee, and with only a YEAR to wait. Ugh.

obscurejude
12-21-2008, 10:13 AM
One thing you would really like about COD 3 is the vehicles Turtlex. Did you get that far with it? They also have them available in the multiplayer and not just tanks but those half track motorcycles with mounted machine guns as well. The jeep driving missions are actually fun in the single player mode as well.

I know. Only a year. I just hope the singleplayer is longer because it was so good in Modern Warfare. Its probably the most engaged I've ever been in a game, but it was a short campaign.

fernandito
12-21-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm about to play Prince of Persia in a few minutes.

I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!! :lol:

Yunsung
12-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Let us know what you think of it - I liked it a lot.

obscurejude
12-21-2008, 09:35 PM
I heard a lot of bad things about the new Prince of Persia, most notably that it was too easy. I hope you enjoy and I'd appreciate your thoughts on it as well.

Another thing, is that it seems that a lot of people are copying quick time events because of the popularity of God of War. Do you guys like them? I really don't.

valtr0n
12-22-2008, 02:46 AM
I like the "quick time" events when done properly, namely in God of War. They're typically used in that series as a finishing type move. I don't really have a problem with that, especially when viewed with the scale of God of War. Would you rather beat the guy and have a cinematic where you kill him, or would you rather the cinematic be interactive and force you into pushing a random sequence of buttons to be successful?

I just think of it as an interactive cutscene.

turtlex
12-22-2008, 03:42 AM
Crap !
No, I didn't. And I already traded it back in... GameStop loves me.
I love the tanks in WaW, though I've been reading some reviews where people are stating they hate them. I can't imagine why. Actually that big tank battle in the solo play is probably my favorite.

A year! And a year for Drake's as well. Gonna be a loooonnnnngg year.

turtlex
12-22-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm about to play Prince of Persia in a few minutes.

I JUST COULDN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!! :lol:

Christmas comes early at the Feev house.... Unless, you've decided to celebrate Hanukkah this year! Mazel Tov !

I heard a lot of bad things about the new Prince of Persia, most notably that it was too easy. I hope you enjoy and I'd appreciate your thoughts on it as well.

Honestly, I don't mind "easy" so long as it's fun and engaging.

Waitin' a report, feev !

obscurejude
12-22-2008, 10:04 AM
I like the "quick time" events when done properly, namely in God of War. They're typically used in that series as a finishing type move. I don't really have a problem with that, especially when viewed with the scale of God of War. Would you rather beat the guy and have a cinematic where you kill him, or would you rather the cinematic be interactive and force you into pushing a random sequence of buttons to be successful?

I think they were done well in God of War, but I think a lot of games appropriate it badly.

obscurejude
12-22-2008, 10:06 AM

Honestly, I don't mind "easy" so long as it's fun and engaging.

Waitin' a report, feev !

I don't mind easy as long as it was 10 bucks used or a downloadable game. For sixty bucks it better be hard and have a lot of replay value i.e. harder game modes and unlockable achievements.

fernandito
12-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I think they were done well in God of War, but I think a lot of games appropriate it badly.

Example.

/Jules

obscurejude
12-22-2008, 11:14 AM

Example.

/Jules

Force Unleashed made it far too easy, although I liked the cinema most of the time.

The Call of Duty games appropriate it unnecessarily, like when you have to plant explosives. Sometimes they even integrate the six axis. :panic:

I heard the new sonic does it very lamely. And from what I hear a lot of the downloadable platformers similarly integrate it badly.

Enough examples?

Part of my beef is just the fact that its such a blatant rip off of God of War and the events remind me of how competitive the gaming industry has become.

SigTauGimp
12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Speaking of GoW, does anyone know anything about the third game?? All I have are rumors on things, none of which are reliable.

obscurejude
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
No official news yet, just the teaser trailer that doesn't have any gameplay in it.

Tatts4Life
12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
No official news yet, just the teaser trailer that doesn't have any gameplay in it.

I tried a quick look on youtube and can't find anything. Do you know where I can find a clip of it?

fernandito
12-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Part of my beef is just the fact that its such a blatant rip off of God of War and the events remind me of how competitive the gaming industry has become.

Well, quick time events have been around long before GoW in one form or another, but you're right - It seems that a lot more games have incorporated it after the success of GoW.

Here's the latest God of War III teaser-trailer , released just last week -

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/886158/god-of-war-iii/videos/GodOfWarIII_121508.html

SigTauGimp
12-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Awesome! Didn't know about the new trailer...thanks feev! :couple:

IWasSentWest
12-23-2008, 09:15 AM
there will be blood is awesome...sorry, i had too feev

Still Servant
12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
What about that cliffhangerish ending, Mike? How did that sit with you?

I thought it was pretty cool. I wasn't expecting it.

I'm not really worried about our friend Isaac. He just spent the entire game destroying weird, long-limbed creatures, so I don't think he's going to have much trouble putting an end to some screaming bitch. I like to think he curb stomped her ass and then lit her up with his plasma cutter.

My cousin's husband (same guy who let me borrow Dead Space) bought me Alone In the Dark for Christmas. I'm going to hold off on starting it since I'm expecting to receive a couple more games for Christmas that I'm looking forward to playing more. It look pretty cool though.

Has anybody played it?

Empath of the White
12-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Anyone else looking forward to Brutal Legend? It reminds me of what guitar hero would've been if it were an action game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM5lMHbq9j8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WYH2sFCGvE

Yunsung
12-26-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm really stoked to see what the Next Metal Gear is going to be... but chances are it'll be at least a year before we get anything more than the green announcement page.

My game backlog is insane now, though. I'm desperately trying to wrap up Prince of Persia, but after that I've still got to complete about four others. And WoW... the ongoing struggle that is WoW...

Now that I've hit 55, rolled a Death Knight, and am starting to get interested in pre-Burning Crusade endgame, I have a strange nostalgia for the early days. Thinkin' about rolling a new character on a RPPVP server... get the whole experience, you know? Purest form of story, true Alliance/Horde conflict... It is appealing.

But such a timesuck!

Ah, I wish I could duplicate myself. That way I could fulfill my academic and slackeristic endeavors.

IWasSentWest
12-26-2008, 11:42 PM
ur 55? that sucks....i keed!

i got fallout 3...perty good so far, not very far into it..just got into megaton

only complaint is the compass and some of the little stuff like that..kind've awkward to deal with at the moment.

turtlex
12-27-2008, 03:03 AM
I got Guitar Hero World Tour!
I already had Rock Band and Rock Band2... I'm considering touring next year!!!! :D

fernandito
12-28-2008, 05:26 AM
I went to a collectibles warehouse yesterday, and I got both Bart Simpson's Nightmare and Ultraman (SNES) in their original boxes (instructional booklets included) for $15 bucks each! :D

Cort
12-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi, im playing Fallout 3, damn good and left 4 dead...really good if your into killing hordes of zombies and i am. Also COD world at war it's ok so far.

turtlex
12-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Finally got Little Big Planet !

Tatts4Life
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Finally got Little Big Planet !

When I finally get a PS3 in March this will be one of the first games I get.

turtlex
12-29-2008, 03:01 AM
Actually, it was kind of cool... My girlfriend went out for some groceries and came home with bread, milk, eggs, and Little Big Planet! I'm only on the very early levels, where you learn how to move, etc, but it's a lot of fun !

IWasSentWest
12-29-2008, 12:08 PM
thats my kind of groceries!

turtlex
12-29-2008, 12:40 PM
thats my kind of groceries!

Yeah, me too !

I keep making up reasons to send her to the grocery store, but so far, no new games! :D

Still Servant
12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Actually, it was kind of cool... My girlfriend went out for some groceries and came home with bread, milk, eggs, and Little Big Planet! I'm only on the very early levels, where you learn how to move, etc, but it's a lot of fun !

And you didn't get down on one knee and propose to her on the spot? I would have? Little Big Planet rocks.

I got Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction and Resistance 2(coincidentally both are made by Insomniac) for Christmas. I've been wanting to play R & C since the PS3 came out. I love that franchise.

Tatts4Life
12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
I went to pick up End War since it's only $39 right now. When I got to Game Stop there were probably 15 people in line and only one person working the counter. Guess it will have to wait till tomorrow.

fernandito
12-30-2008, 05:20 AM
I got Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction and Resistance 2(coincidentally both are made by Insomniac) for Christmas. I've been wanting to play R & C since the PS3 came out. I love that franchise.

Wise choices my friend :thumbsup:

Darkthoughts
12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Maaaaaan, I cannot get the hang of the Mariokart Wii steering wheel - or even just using the wii remote on it's own...GC controller all the way!

fernandito
12-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm right with you Lisa, the Wii controller confuses the hell out of me!

obscurejude
12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
hate hate hate the wii controller. If anyone invites me to a get together with a bunch of people playing the wii, I always bring all my gamecube controllers. :D

fernandito
12-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Me and my siblings are having a brutal Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe tournament tonight! :D

Darkthoughts
12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
I just got booed off the stage on Guitar Hero World Tour :cry:

I'm going back to my wimpy RPG's :lol:

turtlex
12-31-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm heading out tonight to a New Years Eve ROCK BAND II gathering so I'm looking forward to lots of bad singing, horrible drumming and fun guitar playing!

I haven't opened my new Guitar Hero World Tour yet.

Darkthoughts
12-31-2008, 12:11 PM
It looks soooo easy when my son plays it! When I got booed I said, "I bet that happened to you all the time when you first started too, right?" He just gave me a look like - not really, but I'm too kind to say :lol:

turtlex
12-31-2008, 12:15 PM
:D

Yunsung
12-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Finished Prince of Persia just now.

Holy crap, the credits are long!

fernandito
12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Overall impression(s)?

I'm just about halfway through the game myself.

Odetta
12-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Maaaaaan, I cannot get the hang of the Mariokart Wii steering wheel - or even just using the wii remote on it's own...GC controller all the way!

I'm right with you Lisa, the Wii controller confuses the hell out of me!

wanna play online?

Darkthoughts
01-01-2009, 05:28 AM
YES!!!!!!

You'll kick my ass, but I looooove the wifi connection thingy, it makes me do a tiny wee :lol:

Odetta
01-01-2009, 06:07 PM
excellent!

Darkthoughts
01-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Cool! I'll get a Friend code and pm you :nana:

Odetta
01-02-2009, 04:39 PM
:clap:

fernandito
01-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Do either of you own Super Smash Bros?

Odetta
01-02-2009, 04:46 PM
nay... but we got the new Call of Duty... looks like you can play that online

turtlex
01-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Odetta - Which platform? And which COD? Modern Warfare or the new World at War?

There are a couple of us playing COD on the PS3 !

Rjeso
01-02-2009, 05:08 PM

As long as a game doesn't employ them too much, I am fine with them. If every single boss fight involves one, then I get sick of them. I am better at them than I used to be, so I mind them a lot less than I used to, too. :D

Odetta
01-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Odetta - Which platform? And which COD? Modern Warfare or the new World at War?

There are a couple of us playing COD on the PS3 !

Wii... and it's the new WOW

Yunsung
01-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Overall impression(s)?

I'm just about halfway through the game myself.

It's a lot drier than previous PoP games. Good,though. Lots of good platforming and the characters really grow on you. I'm eagerly awaiting the next one. :)

fernandito
01-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Who was your least favorite boss from the initial four?

The Alchemist really, really got on my nerves :arg:

Yunsung
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
He was kinda tough, but the Concubine was pretty irritating. It would seem like I'd get her cornered and then she'd unleash all her quicktime events on me in sequence... and since I don't have a ton of time to game, I usually play when it's late at night and I'm tired.

Bad reflex time + qt events = failure.

Darkthoughts
01-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Only on GC and I suck at it...so I won't be getting it for the wii. Well, Sam rocks at it but I'm fed up of being trumped by my 10 year old :lol:

obscurejude
01-03-2009, 11:09 AM

Only on GC and I suck at it...so I won't be getting it for the wii. Well, Sam rocks at it but I'm fed up of being trumped by my 10 year old :lol:

You need to figure out what your strengths are and then find one character and stick to him/her. Learn one character inside and out is always better that trying to learn all of them.

In my case, I'm good with heavy distant attacks. Link works really well for me because of the bow and arrow, bombs, and boomerang. I'm also good with very precise attacks and Link's downthrust is extremely powerful as long as you are accurate and aren't resigned to pulling your sword out of the ground if you miss. Also, always get the pokemons before anyone and figure out which powerups work best for you. Ignore the rest and focus on honing the specific skills of your character.

Yunsung
01-03-2009, 11:40 AM
And I like the maneuverability that Falco's higher jumps allow. Also, tossing the down-B reflect attack in with some A combos can be pretty effective.

fernandito
01-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I love using Toon Link in SSBB.

obscurejude
01-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Toon Link is cool, but I prefer the adult Link mostly because I didn't like Windwaker too much. They basically play the same.

Yunsung
01-04-2009, 12:58 AM
I really, really liked Windwaker. It seemed to flow - storywise - much better than Twilight Princess.

Though in my mind, Majora's Mask still tops all the others.

Darkthoughts
01-04-2009, 03:41 AM
I'm a big Wind Waker fan too. I enjoyed all the little side quests and stuff and dug the graphics.

fernandito
01-04-2009, 05:48 AM
I love every Zelda game, but Ocarina of Time will always be my favorite.

obscurejude
01-04-2009, 10:43 AM
I really liked the windwaker until I found myself at sea for hours and hours and it caused me to get very bored with it. I got pretty far and went to the undersea palace and all that but it just got extremely boring.

Yunsung, I've never heard of Majora's Mask being the favorite. Interesting.

I like the games with an adult Link because Zelda II is still my favorite. I'd pay anything to be able to play another side to side scrolling adventure with Link. I know it will never happen. :(

Odetta
01-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I really, really liked Windwaker. It seemed to flow - storywise - much better than Twilight Princess.

Though in my mind, Majora's Mask still tops all the others.

I love every Zelda game, but Ocarina of Time will always be my favorite.

I never played Windwaker :ninja:

OoT will always be the top for me as well.
I liked Majora's Mask, just looking for all of the masks was fun!

fernandito
01-04-2009, 11:49 AM
You should, it's an awesome game.

So I passed Prince of Persia a few hours ago - a solid platformer, although it did get a bit repetitive at times. The combat was fun (although a bit too easy), and I loved stringing together combos. Now, with that said - I'm not particularly happy about the whole %85 Platformer, %15 action thing , I think that should been a little more balanced. However, judging the game as a whole, I have to say that I really enjoyed myself, and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Tatts4Life
01-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Beat Mirror's Edge the other day. I thought it was a pretty good game, kind of short though. The whole Free running aspect of the game was pretty fun.

turtlex
01-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Tatts - I played the Demo and just couldn't get into it much. Is there a story around it?

Tatts4Life
01-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Tatts - I played the Demo and just couldn't get into it much. Is there a story around it?

Kind of, The story lacked a little bit. But I didn't but it it was a gift for Christmas. The story is you are a runner/ messenger who lives in a city that controls everything in the media and people who want to get something to somebody else use you . Well the government is trying to get rid of the runners and the game goes from there. The whole concept of the game is pretty cool though. Makes you think about how to do things with out having to face off against the heavy armed guards.

Tatts4Life
01-05-2009, 07:15 AM
oh and the demo does suck. You get to do a lot of cool shit that the demo doesn't even get into.

turtlex
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Cool!
Thanks for the review/update.
I may check it out - see if I can get it used.

Tatts4Life
01-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Cool!
Thanks for the review/update.
I may check it out - see if I can get it used.

no problem if you get it let me know what you think.

obscurejude
01-05-2009, 07:47 AM
In four late night sessions, I ranked up 28 times in Call of Duty. I'm now 51. :D

Yunsung
01-05-2009, 07:50 AM
I'd pay anything to be able to play another side to side scrolling adventure with Link. I know it will never happen. :(

Anything?

I don't know if it's really a side-scroller, exactly, but I think it may well be very close:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_hourglass

turtlex
01-05-2009, 08:09 AM
In four late night sessions, I ranked up 28 times in Call of Duty. I'm now 51. :D

51!

Holy Smokes you are seriously kicking my WaW arse!

Congrats, that's some great gaming.... just a few more until you're gifted with the flamethrower!

Tatts4Life
01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm playing through Tom Clany's End War and Fable 2 right now. Fable 2 is pretty cool so far. Haven't got very far in End War to give any review. But so far I'm having fun playing it.

fernandito
01-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I can't decide which game to purchase next, Bioshock or Fallout 3.

:(

IWasSentWest
01-05-2009, 06:14 PM
i had the same problem feev....they both looked so fuckin awesome...but i chose fallout 3....no complaining here

obscurejude
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I'd pay anything to be able to play another side to side scrolling adventure with Link. I know it will never happen. :(

Anything?

I don't know if it's really a side-scroller, exactly, but I think it may well be very close:

I had something like the Zelda II version in mind. Nothing comes close for me personally. In fact, I sometimes think that I'm just a fan of that game and not the series as a whole. It was kind of the black sheep whose influence is pretty minimal on the rest of the series.

Phantom Hourglass looks like an overhead view. Have you played Zelda II?

http://www.gamemusic4all.com/home/319EEE50-85D7-4D0A-8111-C9F52568F213_files/1221848278_l.jpg

obscurejude
01-05-2009, 11:15 PM

51!

Holy Smokes you are seriously kicking my WaW arse!

Congrats, that's some great gaming.... just a few more until you're gifted with the flamethrower!

Thanks. I'm 53 now, but its going to be a while until I get to play again. I had a lot of clan offers but I had to turn them down since I don't know when I'll be able to get online again.

Other Highlights:

19 Kill Streak.

1.30 overall KDR.

Its been fun playing in the middle of the night after my niece and nephew are asleep. I'm going to miss it, but more sleep is needed.

turtlex
01-06-2009, 04:35 AM
19 Kills? What map was that on?

Way to go !

theBeamisHome
01-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Tatts: beware the glitches in Fable 2... look them up and avoid!!!

i just bought WaW yesterday and i love it!!! haven't started online yet.

turtlex
01-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Beam - what platform? PS3?

theBeamisHome
01-06-2009, 05:30 AM
nope. 360... i don't think we'll be getting a ps3 anytime soon. the only games we would want on it are mgs4 and kingdom hearts 3... seems like too much to pay for two games lol.

turtlex
01-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Well... you could also play World At War with obscurejude and I :D

theBeamisHome
01-06-2009, 05:42 AM
i don't want to embarrass myself :lol:
i'm not that good yet, but i do like war games. and idk if i'll be playing zombie mode.. i don't like scary games.. love scary movies, but not scary games.

turtlex
01-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Well, the Zombie Nazi's are intense, that's for sure!

Tatts4Life
01-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Tatts: beware the glitches in Fable 2... look them up and avoid!!!

i just bought WaW yesterday and i love it!!! haven't started online yet.

yikes! some of those Glitches look annoying. I should be good though. I try to do things pretty straight forward.

obscurejude
01-06-2009, 08:26 AM
i don't want to embarrass myself :lol:
i'm not that good yet, but i do like war games. and idk if i'll be playing zombie mode.. i don't like scary games.. love scary movies, but not scary games.

I understand on both points, but you have to start somewhere and you might be surprised how much you enjoy a good first person shooter. Its very cathartic and addictive if you can survive the first week or so of getting killed seconds within each respawn. :lol:

I'm not into scary movies or games either, but the Zombie Mode is really fun with other people. Its actually too hard to play by yourself so you don't really have to worry about killing zombies in the moonlight alone.

I actually hate scary movies too. :blush:

obscurejude
01-06-2009, 08:29 AM
19 Kills? What map was that on?

Way to go !

It was on the Cliffside map and it was pretty random. I usually snipe on there, but I was trying to get the achievements with the DP 28 and just had a really good game. I got the dogs and just kept going. :lol: I guess it was the way the other team was sticking to the outside of the map. I just kept making a circle and destroying anyone in my path.

turtlex
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Freaking Great !

19. Very Dark Tower Kill Streak. :D

fernandito
01-06-2009, 09:37 AM
<--- can't wait for Resident Evil 5.

Hannah
01-06-2009, 09:40 AM
When? When? I keep forgetting. I have to make a purchase before then so I can play it.

Yunsung
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM

Anything?

I had something like the Zelda II version in mind. Nothing comes close for me personally. In fact, I sometimes think that I'm just a fan of that game and not the series as a whole. It was kind of the black sheep whose influence is pretty minimal on the rest of the series.

Phantom Hourglass looks like an overhead view. Have you played Zelda II?

http://www.gamemusic4all.com/home/319EEE50-85D7-4D0A-8111-C9F52568F213_files/1221848278_l.jpg

I've played it a little. Thinking about getting back into it, but sadly the days of summer 5-hour gaming streaks are nearing to a close. :S

fernandito
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
When? When? I keep forgetting. I have to make a purchase before then so I can play it.

In.... late March (?), I believe.

Did you get your PS3 yet?!?!

IWasSentWest
01-06-2009, 12:40 PM
i have had 19 kill streaks i swear atleast six times...i think it's a conspiracy bc i can never get a fuckin 20 kill streak...ever

leveled up to prestige a couple weeks ago, im too afraid to start it though bc i just dont wanna..it's kinda pointless for right now

fernandito
01-08-2009, 04:38 AM
I got Bioshock for the PS3! :dance:

turtlex
01-08-2009, 05:10 AM
i have had 19 kill streaks i swear atleast six times...i think it's a conspiracy bc i can never get a fuckin 20 kill streak...ever

leveled up to prestige a couple weeks ago, im too afraid to start it though bc i just dont wanna..it's kinda pointless for right now

So, how is that flamethrower treating you?

Okay feev, let me know if you have any issues with the lighting, getting woozy, etc. I thought it was just me, but I had a friend experience the same issue.

fernandito
01-08-2009, 05:48 AM
I played it for about an hour or so yesterday, and I never felt as if my senses were being overly bombarded with all the lighting and such, on the contrary! I love all the blazing and pulsing neon lights found in the city of Rapture. I can't wait to play it tonight when I get home from work. :D

Tatts4Life
01-08-2009, 06:28 AM

I have Bioshock for the 360 and loved playing it. I beat it the first time playing evil. Which is a first since most times I play through the first time as a good character. Now I'm playing though slowly as a good character. You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I'm planning on getting it for the PS3 as soon as I get one since the PS3 version has some added thing to it.

Tatts4Life
01-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Okay feev, let me know if you have any issues with the lighting, getting woozy, etc. I thought it was just me, but I had a friend experience the same issue.

I never had a problem with Bioshock. Half life 2 on the other had would give me really bad headaches and make me feel nauseous. Half life is the only game to give me problems while playing it.

turtlex
01-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Okay, so obviously the Bioshock problems were all about me! I was bummed too, cause the story was great and I love killing Zombies, not to mention electrocuting them. Tatts, what you're describing is mostly what Bioshock 2 did to me. It was very odd.

I'm glad you're not having any issues, Feev. Enjoy! I know you will !

theBeamisHome
01-08-2009, 06:55 AM
i did try the Zombie mode and i made it to level 3 *snort*... i was freaking out because of the silence... :unsure: eek!

obscurejude
01-08-2009, 07:30 AM
i did try the Zombie mode and i made it to level 3 *snort*... i was freaking out because of the silence... :unsure: eek!

Did you play by yourself? 3 isn't bad for a newcomer. :cool:

It's pretty freaky playing by yourself, at least it is for me.

Hannah
01-08-2009, 07:37 AM

In.... late March (?), I believe.

Did you get your PS3 yet?!?!

No that's the purchase I have to make. :lol:

I have until March then, which is good.

Tatts4Life
01-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Okay, so obviously the Bioshock problems were all about me! I was bummed too, cause the story was great and I love killing Zombies, not to mention electrocuting them. Tatts, what you're describing is mostly what Bioshock 2 did to me. It was very odd.

I'm glad you're not having any issues, Feev. Enjoy! I know you will !

That sucks, were you able to finish the game at all?

turtlex
01-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Tatts - No I couldn't. It was actually making me ill. I had to trade it in. I was majorly bummed.

Tatts4Life
01-08-2009, 10:52 AM
ah man that sucks

theBeamisHome
01-08-2009, 12:47 PM

Did you play by yourself? 3 isn't bad for a newcomer. :cool:

It's pretty freaky playing by yourself, at least it is for me.

yeah i was playing by myself. nigel said i did pretty good too. especially since i was freaking out lol.

razz
01-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Anyone still have the First Halo or UT 2003?
those are the only mp games i have at the moment.
if you got one of them we should totally kill each other.

Brice
01-10-2009, 07:23 AM
I don't have it, but can we still totally kill each other? :evil:

:couple:

razz
01-10-2009, 07:40 AM
of course! In fact, let's all kill each other!

:couple:

Tatts4Life
01-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Anybody on here play Fable 2 and have the Pub game for Arcade?

I played through the first time as a good character and at one point merged all my gold from the pub game. I played through the game being good and buying some shops and homes.

I'm playing through the second time as an evil character and am wondering. Is there anyway that I can merge my gold from the first play through with my second character? Because this time I'm playing though as evil as I can and I want to be able to have as much money I can. My first character ended up with all most 2 million dollars by the end of my first play through.

fernandito
01-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Tatts - Do I have to face off against the Big Daddies as I encounter them? Or can I put them off and come back to them later on in the game? If the latter - Do they show up on the map so that I can find them easier?

Tatts4Life
01-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Tatts - Do I have to face off against the Big Daddies as I encounter them? Or can I put them off and come back to them later on in the game? If the latter - Do they show up on the map so that I can find them easier?

You kind of do have to face off with them since the further you go in the game the tougher the splicers get. I mean you can leave them to later in that level if you think it will be easier. When I played through the first time I was trying to get an achievement and get to all most the end and still didn't get the achievement. Turns out I missed a big daddy in Neptune's bay I think it was.

And no if you put them off till later they do not show up on the map because they are roaming around the area looking for dead splicers for the little sisters to harvest. But the map does tell you how many big daddy's/ little sisters there are on that level. Also if you find one and he doesn't have a sister with him follow him around and he'll call out a sister. When he does that then you can fight him and choose what to do with the little sister.

fernandito
01-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Excellent! Even if I don't know exactly where they're at, the map telling me how many are left in that area should be more than enough.

Thanks for the advice ! :pirate:

Tatts4Life
01-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Anybody on here play Fable 2 and have the Pub game for Arcade?

I played through the first time as a good character and at one point merged all my gold from the pub game. I played through the game being good and buying some shops and homes.

I'm playing through the second time as an evil character and am wondering. Is there anyway that I can merge my gold from the first play through with my second character? Because this time I'm playing though as evil as I can and I want to be able to have as much money I can. My first character ended up with all most 2 million dollars by the end of my first play through.

CRAP I can't merge my character again. Unfortunately it's a one time deal. Guess I should have played through as a bad character first. At least I haven't done the upgrade yet for the arcade version of the pub games so i can still cheat to get my millions quickly.

Tatts4Life
01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Excellent! Even if I don't know exactly where they're at, the map telling me how many are left in that area should be more than enough.

Thanks for the advice ! :pirate:

No problem glad I could help. One thing that's neat (at least I think I remember correctly) is that even when all the little sisters are taken care of in that one area. When you go back some times you can still see a big daddy trying to call out a little sister.

SigTauGimp
01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Yuppers! They're always good for some cash, at least.

I got my little brother(sure.:P) an X-Box 360 as a late Christmas present, and just recently finished up going through Bioshock doing the "good" way. Now, I'm going through it as "bad", and on the "hard" difficulty. I'm a big achievement whore, so I'm trying to get as much as I can this time around. Last run-through, being good, the only big achievements I didn't get were maxing all the weapons, getting all the audio diaries(any help on that one??), and maxing all the plasmid slots...plus two secret ones(I know what they are now.)...and what is this zombie mode I'm hearing about? Bioshock related?

Tatts4Life
01-11-2009, 04:57 PM
LOL all of Bioshock is pretty much zombie mode. Zombie mode is some mode in the new Call of Duty game. When you beat the game you get to play through with all the Nazi's as zombies.

fernandito
01-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I defeated a Big Daddy in Neptune Bounty, only when I went back to where I first spotted him and the LS, she was nowhere to be found...instead, there was ANOTHER Big Daddy with ANOTHER LS.... did I lose the first one for good?

Also, when you complete Bioshock, can you keep all your stats for the next play through?

SigTauGimp
01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
No, it resets everything when you go back through.:pullhair:

And it's really not about getting the exact same LS...more about how many you have collected in each area.

Tatts4Life
01-11-2009, 06:16 PM
what he said. There are a given number of little sisters in an area and you can run into them anywhere in that stage.

obscurejude
01-11-2009, 06:22 PM
...and what is this zombie mode I'm hearing about? Bioshock related?

In Zombie Mode, which is unlocked after you complete the single player campaign in Call of Duty: World at War, you defend a bunker against endless hoards of zombies. You get money for killing each zombie and are able to purchase better weapons placed around the bunker. The game play is in rounds, and the hoards get more and more difficult each round. Up to four people can play, either in online multiplayer, or split screen with friends.

Its very difficult after awhile, but extremely fun.

SigTauGimp
01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Oh! I see now. Thanks for clearing that up.:couple:

obscurejude
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
No problem. :couple:

theBeamisHome
01-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Nigel and i played together and made it to level 5 fighting the nazi zombies.. i've gotten less freaked out now by it lol

turtlex
01-12-2009, 06:31 AM
Beam - Nazi Zombies are a blast to play. I love it. Very intense. When you play online with a full squad, it gets crazy fun !!

I played COD:WaW for a while yesterday, and I'm not too proud to say I got completely raked over the coals ! I think I must have had a bullseye on my forehead.

theBeamisHome
01-12-2009, 08:13 AM
i gotta play it again on normal. i've finished it on recruit already. that last level is the new Hell.

obscurejude
01-12-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm almost done on veteran mode. Its very very difficult at times. I've come close to giving up a few times, but just kept going so I could get the achievements.

turtlex
01-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Where are you on the Death Cards? Any idea how many you've found?

theBeamisHome
01-12-2009, 11:36 AM
i only found one :lol: and was surprised cuz i didn't know anything about them. i thought maybe it was one of those trade online things.

obscurejude
01-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Where are you on the Death Cards? Any idea how many you've found?

I think 8 or 9? I always find them by accident. :lol:

valtr0n
01-12-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm about 50% through Far Cry 2. I love it.

I also still play Left 4 Dead every night.

IWasSentWest
01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
getting along in fallout...i always play it for hours one day, then find that the next day i dont have the drive to play it. i'm always like this with games of this magnitude

obscurejude
01-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Finally got a DS Lite. :rock:

I've got to be able to game while I'm at school. :cool:

So far, all I have is the new Super Mario Brothers which is side to side scrolling like the original. :thumbsup: I'd like to get Metroid Hunters which is a first person shooter and got good reviews.

I haven't had a hand held since the original Gameboy. What are some games that ya'll might suggest for for the DS? :cowboy:

Thanks for any suggestions. :grouphug:

fernandito
01-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Castlevania : Symphony of the Night & Final Fantasy VI are must have's!

obscurejude
01-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Noted, thanks Feev. :thumbsup:

Yunsung
01-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Finally got a DS Lite. :rock:

I've got to be able to game while I'm at school. :cool:

So far, all I have is the new Super Mario Brothers which is side to side scrolling like the original. :thumbsup: I'd like to get Metroid Hunters which is a first person shooter and got good reviews.

I haven't had a hand held since the original Gameboy. What are some games that ya'll might suggest for for the DS? :cowboy:

Thanks for any suggestions. :grouphug:

ObJecTION!

...I mean, check out the Phoenix Wright series. They're hilarious brain-teasers.

Also, Professor Layton is tough but cool.

obscurejude
01-15-2009, 07:53 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about Professor Layton. Haven't heard of the Phoenix Wright series.

Thanks for the suggestions Yunsung. Did you hear about the DS Metal Gear game?

Yunsung
01-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I thought it was an iPhone thing!

If it's on the DS... I... I will find it!

obscurejude
01-15-2009, 11:57 PM
My bad. I think it was the i phone, though it seems like I came across something that suggested another DS title. :orely:

I am loving my DS, I can't put it down. This thing is phenomenal. Why didn't anyone try to convey this awesomeness to me? :P

fernandito
01-16-2009, 09:30 AM
I didn't have much free time this week, but I am going to play the f*ck out of Bioshock over the weekend :cyclops:

razz
01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
so, two new games. well technically they're old, but shut up :P
Clive Barker's Undying
and Phantasy Star Online V2 for the PC

and with PSO comes an absence or Razz

Yunsung
01-17-2009, 06:51 PM
My bad. I think it was the i phone, though it seems like I came across something that suggested another DS title. :orely:

I am loving my DS, I can't put it down. This thing is phenomenal. Why didn't anyone try to convey this awesomeness to me? :P

Thought you knew? :P

What do you have for it?

obscurejude
01-17-2009, 07:43 PM

Thought you knew? :P

What do you have for it?

So far all I have is the New Super Mario Brothers and Metroid Prime: Hunters. I've been trying to find a copy of Contra 4, but haven't been able to thus far.

Yunsung
01-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Ebay?

Still Servant
01-18-2009, 07:22 PM
I got Resistance 2 the other day. There was nothing on TV, so I was all excited to play the game.

I quickly removed the shrink wrap, popped the case only to find an empty case glaring back at me. No game. What a disappointment.

Has this every happened to anybody?

Yunsung
01-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh, snap! That bites... Never happened to me, but it's not unheard of.

Did the store allow you to return it?

Emily
01-18-2009, 08:11 PM
I never played the FF games because I liked watching my brothers play them instead. I used to spend hours and hours watching. The stories are so good (although I hated when they would "fight around" as we called it to level up.) Anyway, my brother just started playing FFIII(VI) again... the opening with Terra and the two soldiers in magitek armor walking through the snow to Terra's theme..... :wub:

obscurejude
01-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Ebay?

I don't do Ebay, but thanks for the suggestion.

fernandito
01-18-2009, 09:40 PM
90% of my weekend went towards progressing in Bioshock, Good Gan this game is addicting.

obscurejude
01-18-2009, 09:52 PM
For anyone interested, this is an IGN analysis of the Star Wars Battlefront III footage that was recently leaked. It looks awesome.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14265493/star-wars-battlefront-iii-rumored/videos/battlefront_editor_comment.html

Tatts4Life
01-19-2009, 06:50 AM
I was reading about Little Big Planet in Game Informer the other day. Before reading the article I wanted the game. Now after reading about the level editor I REALLY want the game now. Some of the video's I've seen are cool too.

Now I'm debating should I get a PS3 that's backwards compatible and I can make room by packing up my PS2. OR should I just wait a few months for Sony to do there price drop on the PS3 and not get one that can play PS2 games even though I still play my FF games every so often.

fernandito
01-19-2009, 07:02 AM
I say get PS2-compatible PS3 - I got the 40gb PS3 that doesn't play PS2 games, and I regret it tremendously :arg:

Tatts4Life
01-19-2009, 08:05 AM
I say get PS2-compatible PS3 - I got the 40gb PS3 that doesn't play PS2 games, and I regret it tremendously :arg:

Only thing that sucks about getting one of those is I would have to get it used and it cost about $50 more then a new 80 gb that doesn't play PS2 games. Plus I have to try and find a store that has one in stock when I finally get my return. Which could be a month from now at the most.

Yunsung
01-19-2009, 08:13 AM
A PS3 with no BC is hardly a PS3 to me.

Yunsung
01-19-2009, 08:22 AM
As a matter of fact, if you're down with the eBays (how I got my PS3), here's an exceptional deal. Search for 180321968177.

That'll take you to a 60gb version - the kind I have - which has it all. Wifi built in, backwards compatibility, crazy amounts of memory slots in the front.

The only thing is the hard drive space... but you can upgrade that very easily (Sony and others have guides on how to do this online). Any 2.5 SATA laptop-style hard drive will work. I tossed a 250gb drive into mine and it's now a thing of vast opportunity.

Tatts4Life
01-19-2009, 09:09 AM
not bad too bad I don't have the money right now.

obscurejude
01-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey tatts.

Feev and Yunsung make good points but I wanted a new PS 3 so I could have the purchasers warranty in case something went wrong. The only one I could afford was the 40 GB and its fine. All you need to get is an AV selector switch and you can hook both consoles up, along with other ones. I have five consoles hooked to my TV. Plus, some of the emulator software to make the PS 3 backward compatible is shit. The original console is always better, no matter which one you are interested in.

Plus, you just don't need all that space unless you are going to use your PS 3 as your primary media device. If you aren't going to be putting a bunch of music on it, downloadable movies etc... Then why get more than 40 GB's of space?

If you can swing it, get a new PS 3. If you have a problem with a console you bought off of E Bay, there is nothing Sony can do for you if you have a problem and aren't the original purchaser. Its expensive equipment man, and you may really need the warranty down the road.

Just some of my thoughts when I went through the same thing you are about a year ago.

Tatts4Life
01-19-2009, 11:20 AM
good points that's why I've been leaning towards just getting a new system and saying fuck it trying to get a BC system. Also I have TONS of music, something like 130 GB right now and it grows every week.

Yunsung
01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm not to worried about things going wrong with electronics I buy off eBay. A couple college courses on electrics and the internet make me a cocky diy repairman.

obscurejude
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm not to worried about things going wrong with electronics I buy off eBay. A couple college courses on electrics and the internet make me a cocky diy repairman.

Have you had any problems with your PS 3? I know Pam did recently and I know several that had. Just curious. Mine has ran like a champ, but I've only had it about 8 months.

Yunsung
01-19-2009, 04:29 PM
No problems so far - bought it in the summer of '07. It's been really good to me.

obscurejude
01-19-2009, 04:32 PM
No problems so far - bought it in the summer of '07. It's been really good to me.

Since you did a little self promotion, you don't mind if I e mail you if I ever have problems do you? I'm learning as I go along, but sometimes I get stuck when it comes to electronics. If I end up teaching at a community college next year as planned, I'm definitely going to audit some of the courses when I'm not teaching.

Yunsung
01-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Sure thing. What're communities for? :)

obscurejude
01-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Sure thing. What're communities for? :)

Noted. Thanks man. :couple: