PDA

View Full Version : Music 2007

sarah
05-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Ok all, I know that Lily Allen's album has been out for a bit but I just got hooked this weekend. I just can't believe how much i love every song on her cd. Every song! It is just so rare to find an album that you can play from start to finish and not want to hit FF.

also, the beastie boys are releasing a new album (june 26th)
that is an all instrumental record. How cool is that?

good times for sure!

Rjeso
05-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm excited for Chris Cornell's new solo album. Should be hitting the shelves next month. I'm hoping it's going to be as great as Euphoria Morning was.

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Lily's pretty awesome. I heard it in November when the UK was an import still.
Bjork's new LP Volta drops tomorrow! And if all goes as planned, a new Steve Reich disc will be out with Daniel Variations for Daniel Pearl.

OchrisO
05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Anything with the words new and Beastie Boys in it makes me happy.

There's a new Tori Amos CD, American Doll Posse, that has my attention.

I saw that Dinosaur Jr. has a new album, and that has pique my interest, but I haven't listened to it yet.

towerguard
05-07-2007, 05:45 PM
The new White Stripes album coming out has me pretty excited.
I think my favorite album this year has got to be Year Zero- Nine Inch Nails.

Rjeso
05-07-2007, 05:47 PM
God Given (the only song I own at the moment) has been on repeat several times since I got it. I say damn, I love that industrial sound.

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
The new Dinosaur Jr. actually kinda stinks.

towerguard
05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Thats too bad, I have a few of their early albums and I like them quite a bit.

ZoNeSeeK
05-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Maerlyn: Yeah I know, 'Knock 'Em Out' still cracks me up every time :) I heard an interview with her and she was saying shes got some concerns about her second album because her daily life has changed a fair bit since her success, and isn't sure if people will give a feck about "goin' to 'arrods and buying a bloody jacket or something"

Fruno: Volta is awesome. Listen to 'Declare Independence' immediately! Bjork meets RATM - hehe.

NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM THIS YEAR. GOING BACK TO PABLO HONEY / THE BENDS STYLE APPARENTLY. WHERES VERUCA SO WE CAN WORSHIP TOGETHER?!?

Brice
05-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I moved the Bob Dylan discussion to a more appropriate general music discussion by request.

towerguard
05-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Has anyone else been listening to the new Marilyn Manson songs Heart Shaped Glasses and If I Was Your Vampire?

They're pretty awesome, can't wait for the album

The_Nameless
05-12-2007, 04:50 PM
2007 has a whole slew of albums coming out (so far..) that I am interested in picking up.

Pig Destroyer, Cephalic Carnage, The Sound of Animals Fighting. Circa Survive, Despised Icon..just to name a few.

I love years like this!