PDA

View Full Version : GoldenEye

DoctorDodge
11-24-2010, 04:57 PM
So who else has been playing the remake? Gotta say, I'm rather surprised by just how good it is, especially considering it's a licensed FPS game on the wii that's based on a much loved classic - with that combination, it should've been doomed to fail! So far, I've really been enjoying the fact that it really sets out to be its own game with its own story, but still pays tribute to the original and still follows the same core plot. I think the moment I knew I loved this game was when, after paying a slight little nod to one of the funniest bugs in the history of gaming (you'll know it when you see it), it then cuts to, in the most stylish way possible, a brand new, proper Bond intro with the old GoldenEye theme used. Doesn't get more awesome than that!

OchrisO
11-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I have it, but haven't had much of a chance to play it because I got into the DC Universe Online beta and that has been taking up most of my gaming time. I like what I have played of it so far, though. They did a good job of using the Wii controls for the game. It doesn't feel cumbersome like some other Wii FPS games.

I have many fond memories of Goldeneye 64, inviting friends over to play 4 player split screen and drink. With that history, I was ready to hate it, but I really like it so far.

Mattrick
11-24-2010, 06:32 PM
I used to destroy people split screen before. lol

had countless hours playing with GameShark Using super slow motion was the best lol.

velcro_fly
11-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I got it for my brother for Christmas, I want to play it, its driving me crazy.