PDA

View Full Version : WTF? - NEW BOOK? - The Wind Through the Keyhole???

JacobChambers
11-11-2010, 10:51 AM
OK, is this BS? i just heard about this for the first time today....I know its obviously not a reliable source, but this is from wiki...

In an interview in March 2009, King stated, describing an idea for a new short story he recently had: "And then I thought, 'Well, why don't I find three more like this and do a book that would be almost like modern fairy tales?' Then this thing started to add on bits and pieces so I guess it will be a novel." According to King, the idea is a new Dark Tower novel. King said, regarding the Dark Tower series, "It's not really done yet. Those seven books are really sections of one long über-novel."[1]

Stephen King confirmed this during his TimesTalk event at The TimesCenter in New York City on November 10, 2009, and the next day King's official site posted the information that King will begin working on this novel in about eight months, with a tentative title being The Wind Through the Keyhole.[2] King noted that this novel should be set between the fourth and the fifth books of the series.

On December 1, 2009, Stephen King posted a poll on his official website, asking visitors to vote for which book he should write next:

I mentioned two potential projects while I was on the road, one a new Mid-World book (not directly about Roland Deschain, but yes, he and his friend Cuthbert are in it, hunting a skin-man, which are what werewolves are called in that lost kingdom) and a sequel to The Shining called Doctor Sleep. Are you interested in reading either of these? If so, which one turns your dials more? [We] will be counting your votes (and of course it all means nothing if the muse doesn't speak).[3]

On December 31, 2009, it was revealed that Doctor Sleep received 5861 votes, while The Wind Through the Keyhole received 5812.[4]

Is this legit?

fernandito
11-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Interesting ... do you have the link to the source ?

JacobChambers
11-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Sorry, may have posted this too quickyl with my excitement....looks as though its been widely discussed here...AND legit! this is amazing...

JacobChambers
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
the only link i have is from wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_Through_the_Keyhole

Brainslinger
11-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry, may have posted this too quickyl with my excitement....looks as though its been widely discussed here...AND legit! this is amazing...

Yes. Apparently Doctor Sleep won, but we're all hopeful Wind Through the Keyhole will be written at some point. I suspect it will be quite different to the other books though. Apparently Roland and Cuthbert will appear but they won't be the main characters. I think that could be an interesting take though, and I wouldn't mind other stories set in that world that expand on it while leaving the main series self contained.

Wuducynn
11-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Actually this book will be about my anal sphincter.

gsvec
11-11-2010, 08:52 PM
:rofl:

Jean
11-12-2010, 04:06 AM
wow, Mattqhew AllHail is back! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearmood_flying.gif

Brice
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM
:lol: