PDA

View Full Version : Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Ari_Racing
09-29-2011, 12:09 PM
This might be one of the few times I'm not on the side of collectors. It must be somehow uncomfortable for King to sign a book that probably didn't bring him satisfactions, and a collector that shows up with that book puts him in a position to choose saying no and be labeled as an asshole, or just close eyes and sign it anyway.

If King could go back in time (Jake Epping's way? :P) do you think he'd have allowed the publication of Rage. I think not.

Randall Flagg
09-29-2011, 12:34 PM
That's just bullshit and a copout. King wrote the book and made money off it. I understand it's his perogative to no longer have it published, but he certainly hasn't offered to buy them back. I also don't see he rescinding the scene in IT where the boys have sex one after the other with the girl. That scene upset a lot of people (not me).
At one time King personally hated "Roadwork" and said it was poorly written at a difficult time in his life. Later he changed his mind and thought it was a good book. King said he can't even remember writing many of his books-but I am sure his accountants make sure he gets the residuals when the books sell on reprint.
The easiest and most low key to handle the situation was to simply sign the book and move on. Don't say anything-in person, and certainly not on his website.

Ari_Racing
09-29-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't always think that making money is something that prevents regret from doing something.

But I agree that King might have proven his point if he purchased all the copies that become available.

And now that I think about it....The Bachman Books has Rage inside. :hmm

My mistake.

Randall Flagg
09-29-2011, 12:39 PM
From Eleanor Tipton:
If you didn't get a program from the festival, then you can download the PDF on the website http://www.fallforthebook.org/events/calendar.php
go to the main page and click on the "Schedule" bar (top left). There's a link to download a PDF of the program at the very top of the page.

Randall Flagg
09-29-2011, 12:40 PM
I responded to her email:
"How can one pay for and receive the actual printed copies from the event? It seems a waste to recycle them if people are willing to pay for them."

Direct link to PDF http://www.fallforthebook.org/2011-FFTB-event-program.pdf

Patrick
09-29-2011, 01:33 PM
I enjoyed reading all the updates and seeing all the photos. Thanks for posting, everyone.

Jerome, please let me know what you hear back from Ms. Tipton. Thanks.

Randall Flagg
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Her response:
"Hi Jerome,

They weren't for sale, just a free schedule that we hand out at the festival. We are all out of them, though. "

Patrick
09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Maybe they should print more and sell them as a fundraiser.

Anyway, thanks for trying.

Rahfa
09-29-2011, 02:24 PM
I don't always think that making money is something that prevents regret from doing something.

But I agree that King might have proven his point if he purchased all the copies that become available.

And now that I think about it....The Bachman Books has Rage inside. :hmm

My mistake.

Only the first edition does....later printings have had it removed, so Rage isn;t publlicly available anymore.

Randall Flagg
09-29-2011, 03:15 PM

It just so happens that I have Eleanor Tipton's personal copy. There were none available at the Social, so she gave me her copy.
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9939/scopy.jpg

Patrick
09-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Did you check to see if she had all the authors sign it inside over the course of the week? That would have made a hell of a keepsake.

Randall Flagg
09-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Did you check to see if she had all the authors sign it inside over the course of the week? That would have made a hell of a keepsake.
No signatures. A couple of small notes made by Tipton, but alas no signatures.

TwistedNadine
09-29-2011, 06:28 PM

Yeah!

TwistedNadine
09-29-2011, 06:36 PM
The easiest and most low key to handle the situation was to simply sign the book and move on. Don't say anything-in person, and certainly not on his website.

Yeah but if he is that "anti Rage" why also add in "(Bachman)" after his signature which seems to me claims even more responsibility for writing it. In other words, he didnt just simply sign it he also made it clear that he and Bachman are one and the same. Am I off on my thinking here?

Randall Flagg
09-29-2011, 07:12 PM

Yeah but if he is that "anti Rage" why also add in "(Bachman)" after his signature which seems to me claims even more responsibility for writing it. In other words, he didnt just simply sign it he also made it clear that he and Bachman are one and the same. Am I off on my thinking here?
Not in my opinion.

Randall Flagg
09-29-2011, 07:23 PM
I believe this is the full 57 minutes:
http://vimeo.com/29786512

Bethany
09-30-2011, 09:13 AM
I want Savannah tickets so bad I can't stand it.

Ben Staad
09-30-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't think this has been posted yet...from Ms.Mod at the SK forum:

"Stephen will be appearing at the JFK Library, Boston, MA, to do a reading and on-stage conversation from 1:30-2:30 PM.
All forums are free and open to the public. To make a reservation, call 617-514-1643 or go online at www.jfklibrary.org. Seating is on a first come, first served basis. Once the main hall is full, seating is in an overflow theater where the forum is streamed live. Doors to the main hall open one hour before the program begins.
For more information, visit their site at http://www.jfklibrary.org/Events-and-Awards/Forums.aspx"

jhanic
09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
No mention of any signing or even books for sale. Of course, it's early yet.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Any signings from now, will only be for 11/22/63. He will not sign anything else.

Robert Fulman
09-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Am I dumb for never putting two and two together and figuring that the Boston appearance will probably be at the JFK library?
I am so SMRT!!!

Nerak
09-30-2011, 04:55 PM
The Boston event is not a signing, they will be selling signed books (250 I believe) Just registered for 6 people to go...hmmmm, who else can I get to sign up for this?!?!?

Gonna have to head to Boston at like 9am to get a good spot in line! HELLS YA!!!!

Ricky
09-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Gonna have to head to Boston at like 9am to get a good spot in line! HELLS YA!!!!

Oh no, is it another one of those? I don't think I'll be doing that again. :lol:

carlosdetweiller
09-30-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm giving a lot of thought to going to the Dallas event on Nov. 10. But it is not a signing. You get a signed copy of 11/22/63 if you buy one of the higher level tickets. $250 gets you into a VIP reception, preferred seating at the program, valet parking and a signed book. $125 gets you preferred seating and a signed book. $40 just gets you into the program.

I'll probably kick myself if I don't go but, honestly, the agenda doesn't get me too excited. It is in the Majestic Theater in Dallas. It is a neat old theater. I saw Jethro Tull perform there about five years ago. Reasonably small and intimate. Should be a good venue for a King talk. I have until Oct. 5 to decide as that is when tickets go on sale. Anyone else going to this one?

Robert Fulman
09-30-2011, 05:37 PM
The Boston event is not a signing, they will be selling signed books (250 I believe) Just registered for 6 people to go...hmmmm, who else can I get to sign up for this?!?!?

Gonna have to head to Boston at like 9am to get a good spot in line! HELLS YA!!!!You'll be behind me. I don't have anything else to do that day. However, I should point out hat although you could reserve ten tickets, the prior page limited reservations to two per person.

Nerak
09-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes, it's another one of those. I am bring a ton of people and we will take turns sitting in line and saving spots while the others tour the museum and eat lunch! WOOT WOOT! GOt it all planned out!

Roseannebarr
09-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Nothing can top the festival we just went too. $125 seems a bit high to me (Unless you live in Dallas!) -- $250 for a reception! Is there a limit at the reception? and is it really a reception? I was so excited to get my photo with Stephen King for $100. I was just thinking what I could afford and is $250 worth it, to see him so soon after the last event. I have to say $250 is too pricey without enough details. But then if everyone thinks that the price is to high then maybe it would be just him and I at the reception. I am anxious to see if the event sells out as quickly as the fall festival. Nothing beats being able to have a book of your choice signed. Meeting him at the reception and standing in line waiting to talk to him again was amazing. Here- you get to say hi at the reception - no line waiting for signature. Only book you get signed is 11/22/63. I am going to have to pass. Unless i win the lottery.

Had i not just had the most amazing time in Fairfax, I would of been the first one to sign up for Dallas!

Roseannebarr
09-30-2011, 05:53 PM
I treasured my "Imsonnia" Book. Flat signed by stephen King, picked it up at the bookstore a few days after i heard him speak for the first time ----then 10 years later, I meet him at a reception, he talks to me, tells ME all about his son's new book, and then i get to stand in line with 20 new friends looking at each others books, I had the "Plant" and a very nice lady standing next to me. I waited for 1 hour to say Hi to him again, and then he signed 4 of my books - thanks to a very patient wife and mother in law.

11/22/63 book signing tours (without standing in line, waiting, anticipating) not so exciting. Unless it is your first chance to see him!!!

Ben Staad
09-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Who is planning to be in Sarasota for the 11/22/63 event? I originally said I'm not going to go but I think I'm changing my mind...maybe :)

Rahfa
09-30-2011, 06:14 PM

Can't go cause of work, and I weep no tears...

If the Dallas-style reception was up here, I'd move heaven to earth to try and go...but this one's just not in the cards.

Nerak
10-01-2011, 05:12 AM
I look at it this way. I have never been to the Kennedy Library. Here's a cool event that I WANT to go to held there, it's free. So, I take the day off and hang out in Boston. Not too bad of a day if I do say so myself.
Hope to see some of you there.
Wonder if Joe is going?!?!?!?

Rahfa
10-01-2011, 05:47 AM
The Kennedy Library is pretty cool...def. worth a morning, especially if you're just hanging around waiting.

I'd go if it fit my schedule, but I'd have to jump through hoops...and without a definite signed book, it's an easy excuse to just pass on it.

Bev Vincent
10-01-2011, 06:22 AM
I'm giving a lot of thought to going to the Dallas event on Nov. 10. But it is not a signing. You get a signed copy of 11/22/63 if you buy one of the higher level tickets. $250 gets you into a VIP reception, preferred seating at the program, valet parking and a signed book. $125 gets you preferred seating and a signed book. $40 just gets you into the program.

I'll probably kick myself if I don't go but, honestly, the agenda doesn't get me too excited. It is in the Majestic Theater in Dallas. It is a neat old theater. I saw Jethro Tull perform there about five years ago. Reasonably small and intimate. Should be a good venue for a King talk. I have until Oct. 5 to decide as that is when tickets go on sale. Anyone else going to this one?

I'll probably be there, Bob.

carlosdetweiller
10-01-2011, 07:43 AM
I'll probably be there, Bob.

Good! I will more than likely be there too.

George at C-Springs
10-01-2011, 07:47 AM
I guess there's the chance that he might sign something for you at the VIP reception, that might be worth it. I was just thinking I'd like to go, but all of my books are packed up and in a container somewhere between Germany and here ... I won't have anything for him to sign by November 10th!

Roseannebarr
10-01-2011, 08:22 AM
At the reception in Fairfax, he did not sign anything at the reception. A few people did stop him in the hall, elevators, etc... on the way too and from the event. Good luck!

surly
10-01-2011, 09:58 AM

just registered for the Boston event. hope to see you there.
now i just gotta find a place to stay -- all the hotels seem to be on peak pricing for that week. is there something else going on in the city that i don't know about?

Rahfa
10-01-2011, 11:33 AM
No, Boston's just brutally expensive anyway.

My advice is to rent outside the city...somewhere like Canton, about 45 minutes south, then keep checking the city hotels as the date approaches and try to jump on a good price.

Heather19
10-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I just registered for the Boston event. But the email I got says

Thank you. We have received your reservation for 2 guests to the following forum: A Conversation with Stephen King scheduled for November 7, 2011 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM. Unless we specifically issue tickets for a particular event, this will be your record of the reservation.

Please note that reservations guarantee a seat in the building, but not the main hall. Seats in the main hall are available on a first come first serve basis for those with reservations. Doors to the main hall open one hour before a program begins. When the main hall is full, guests with reservations are seated in our overflow theater where the forum is video streamed.

How do you get into the main hall? Are they just lining you up and the first ones in line get in? I'm not sure I want to go if I'm just sitting in another room watching it on a screen.

Ricky
10-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure it's like the Baltimore signing in '09: anyone can get in, but if you want a chance at good seating/signed book possibility, you should probably be in line hours in advance.

TwistedNadine
10-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Does anyone have any info on the Atlanta signing in Dec yet?
I would go to that one (less flying) or the Sarasota one since I have friends in Tampa. Dont like standing in line for a wristband though. I dont think Im much interested in the pre-signed book events. I'm hoping I can stay true to my tradition and talk him into dating the sig...

Tito_Villa
10-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Becaue i'm flying over from the UK i'm going to phone up about the Boston event later :)

sgc1999
10-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Hi,
Try priceline. i got a room downtown for a scotch tasteing last year in a beautiful hotel for $80. keep low balling all the hotels in the area and eventually one will give in.

just registered for the Boston event. hope to see you there.
now i just gotta find a place to stay -- all the hotels seem to be on peak pricing for that week. is there something else going on in the city that i don't know about?

Robert Fulman
10-03-2011, 06:08 AM
The Boston event is full, in case anyone was slow with the trigger finger.

Is it possible that there will be no signed books at all at the Boston event?

dyetye
10-03-2011, 06:11 AM
There is a chance the wife and I might try to make the New Orleans one, but they are only signing 250 copies and randomly mixing them in with the regular ones. Anyone know how large these events are, and what are the chances of actually getting a signed one is?

Nerak
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
They are saying that there's going to be 250 pre-signed books. I really hope I get some.....I have friends lookin for them :( But I am gonna try to be there for like 9 or 10am for a spot in line.....

Heather19
10-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I was thinking I'd have to get there around that time too, but I'm coming from the opposite side of the state and with rush hour traffic not sure how long it will take me to get in there. And I think I'm taking my mom with me so I doubt she'll want to wait in line that long :lol: Do you think people will be lined up before then?

Robert Fulman
10-04-2011, 04:34 AM
I waited in line for two hours to meet Duff Goldman last month. I think getting there at 9 and waiting outside for 3.5 hours seems reasonable.

WeDealInLead
10-04-2011, 04:55 AM
The Boston event is full, in case anyone was slow with the trigger finger.

Is it possible that there will be no signed books at all at the Boston event?

Perfect! Now I have days off work/no pay aaaand the event is full. And my wife's and mine weekend getaway is ruined.

Rahfa
10-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Eh...go somewhere else. If you were going to put a lot of effort into it, it comes down to a long wait to see a speech that will be posted to Youtube and not even getting a signed book.

If you were close to Boston, that would be one thing...but for weekend getaways, you could do a lot better than this event, anyway.

Roseannebarr
10-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I was disappointed with the descriptions on most of the events. Sarasota, you might get lucky with a signed book. Boston, no direct guarantees. Dallas Texas guaranteed book for $125. If you live in the area it would be worth it. But traveling, i would wait until the next one!

Tito_Villa
10-05-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm dissapointed it looks like i won't be able to see Mr King speak, but never mind ...

texgunslinger
10-05-2011, 06:10 AM
The Dallas event just sold out of VIP tickets in under 4 minutes. I was lucky enough to snag two though! This is going to be fun as hell!:rock:

ICry4Oy
10-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Lucky you. I was sitting "in queue" at 9 and entered the "captcha" crap then nothing. I don't want to attend the event to hear him talk, I wanted to attend the reception. If I just wanted to hear him talk I'd look him up on youtube. Poop. Hope whatever the event on the 11th is has a reception.

texgunslinger
10-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Yeah, that queue thing was confusing and seemed a little random since a friend of mine was on the phone version of the queue and still waiting even after I had made my purchase depsite the fact he had been "in the queue" longer than me.

ICry4Oy
10-05-2011, 06:47 AM
WOW WOW WOW!!! For shits & giggles I went back to the ticket site and just sat and hit refresh over & over and a RECEPTION ticket became available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

carlosdetweiller
10-05-2011, 06:49 AM
The Dallas event just sold out of VIP tickets in under 4 minutes. I was lucky enough to snag two though! This is going to be fun as hell!:rock:

I look forward to meeting you at the reception. I was hitting "refresh" every 15 seconds or so just before 9AM and was frustrated when I was told I was "in queue." I guess I was "in queue" for 2 to 3 minutes (but it seemed like longer). I completed checkout without problems. I thought it might sell out quickly but was very surprised to see that it sold out in less than four minutes. My wife and I are really looking forward to it. Hope to see some TDT.org members there.

carlosdetweiller
10-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Now there is no "queue." You can get the lower two levels of tickets with no waiting. I am getting pretty excited about this. I have a 5 and 1/2 hour drive from Amarillo to get there. Who else is going and where are you coming from?

Bev Vincent
10-05-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm coming in from Houston - three hours.

ICry4Oy
10-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Going to the reception from my home here in Dallas - about 20 minutes away.:excited:

We should meet up somewhere prior to ... I'll wear somethin' purty!

texgunslinger
10-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Me and my friend are coming in from Waco. Probably going to get some drinks nearby before the reception.

carlosdetweiller
10-06-2011, 04:06 AM
The $125 Preferred Seating tickets are sold out as of this morning for the 11/10 Dallas event. That was a pretty good deal since you got a signed book in addition to the good seats.

Roseannebarr
10-06-2011, 06:06 AM
The price to meet and see Stephen King has just gone UP! I would never have guessed that the event would sell out so quickly! I guarantee future events will follow their lead! Greed is good. I heard that in a movie somewhere. I know it was a fundraiser, but a book and preferred seating for $125 is still steep to me!

carlosdetweiller
10-06-2011, 08:09 AM
I agree it is not cheap. But signed copies of the new book are selling briskly for $295 each on the Betts website. One could take a friend, spend $250 on two tickets and get two signed copies of the book. If desired you could sell one book on eBay for a couple of hundred dollars (maybe) and still have a signed copy of the book for your collection and an evening to remember forever. For approximately $50 (depending on how much you were able to sell the book) that seems pretty reasonable to me.

carlosdetweiller
10-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Was just reading some of the "messages" on the ticket sales site for the 11/10 event in Dallas. I'm feeling pretty lucky to have gotten two tickets to the reception. It seems several people who were also on the site exactly at 9AM were unable to get through the virtual queue in time to get tickets. Plenty of people pretty pissed off (as I would be)....especially since tickets to the event are currently on eBay and craigslist.

Airtraffic
10-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I'd go to more stuff here in england.....however, it takes like 10 hours to go 30 miles here......lol.

texgunslinger
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I could post this over in the FOR SALE forum as well, but if anyone is interested in a couple of tickets to the New Orleans event I have them. Face value. I no longer need them since I got tickets to the Dallas event. I believe the price was $35 each.

Tito_Villa
10-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I have a ticket to the Boston event wooooooooooooooo

Tito_Villa
10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
woooooooooooooooooooo

Room 217 Caretaker
10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
woooooooooooooooooooo

Awesome Tom.......

Mulleins

Room 217 Caretaker
10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
woooooooooooooooooooo

Awesome Tom.......

Mulleins

Merlin1958
10-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Says Ralphie "Two Times" Mulleins. They called him "Two Times" cause he said everything twice. Quote from "Goodfella's" LOL

Edit: Site sure is "strange" today!!!

Room 217 Caretaker
10-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Says Ralphie "Two Times" Mulleins. They called him "Two Times" cause he said everything twice. Quote from "Goodfella's" LOL

Yes...the site is strange today...the site is strange today!

Not sure why my post doubled up like that. Oh well, shows my excitement for Toms announcement twice.

Mulleins

Room 217 Caretaker
10-08-2011, 03:55 AM

Yes...the site is strange today...the site is strange today!

Not sure why my post doubled up like that. Oh well, shows my excitement for Toms announcement twice.

Mulleins

Tito_Villa
10-08-2011, 04:14 AM
Haha thanks Ralph, are you going to be there? I thought I read that Karen will be there! I'm so excited :-)

Cook
10-08-2011, 07:06 AM
I have a ticket to the Boston event wooooooooooooooo

Tito.... Congratulations !!
Make sure to meet w/all the DTorg.ers you can, The memories will last forever.
Even thou I was lucky enough to attend the Va. Mason award, I'm still envious.
Richard

Tito_Villa
10-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah if anyone wants to meet up that would be great

& Ralph empty your inbox :-P

The Library Policeman
10-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Congratulations, Tom. Have a fantastic time!!

sgc1999
10-09-2011, 05:06 AM
if anyone recieves a ticket in the mail from the boston event could you post it here. I think they said if they dont get around to it the email is your proof. Im just curious to know if they do start to send out actual tickets, Thanks :)

Roseannebarr
10-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Savannah Book Festival in February is sold out.

King Closing CeremonyThe Closing Ceremony and Presentation will be at 3:00 PM and doors to the Trustees Theater will open at 1:30 PM.

Tickets go on sale at the Trustees Theater Box Office at 10:00 on Monday, October 3rd. The Savannah Book Festival does not have any tickets to sell, all sales are through the Trustees Theater. SOLD OUT

Bev Vincent
10-11-2011, 08:33 AM
A Real Bookstore in The Village at Fairview will be hosting an on-stage appearance at McKinney North High School, 2550 Wilmeth Road, McKinney, TX 75071 at 7 PM on November 11th. This will be a reading, talk, and audience Q&A.

This is a ticketed event and advance purchase is required--ticket sales beginning October 11th at 9 AM CT. There will be 250 pre-signed books which will be randomly blended in with all copies available.

For more complete information and to order tickets, please visit http://arealbookstore.com/stephenking.

Roseannebarr
10-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I am going on record as saying that the books being handed out in random fashion with his autograph is a bad idea. I live in St. Louis, Mo. travelling to either of those events is now out of the question. You have book store employees handing out books that may or may not have a signature. If i ended up with a book with no signature - i would return the book. I believe in old fashioned wait in line, get what you are coming for and then leave! I have no luck, i dont entirely trust the system. I will quit complaining, but know i will not be in Dallas on the 11th or New Orleans.

Rahfa
10-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Agree with the above.

I think the # of people who return it will be very slim, but it's just asking for controversey...I mean, just sell 250 tickets with a guaranteed book, and let everybody else go for free - a lot will buy an unsigned book anyway.

carlosdetweiller
10-11-2011, 05:45 PM
I, too, am skeptical of this procedure. I suspect that every bookstore employee will end up with at least a couple of signed copies. Then, after the employees are taken care of, the rest will be "blended."

Randall Flagg
10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Already a bid at $500:
http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/m/meFkXSBXYwscp9VzCCEJUYA/140.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Conversation-Stephen-King-Reception-Signed-Book-Dallas-Majestic-/130587078979?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1e6798b143)http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifA Conversation with Stephen King - Reception + Signed B... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Conversation-Stephen-King-Reception-Signed-Book-Dallas-Majestic-/130587078979?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1e6798b143)
Meet Stephen King & Recieve a Signed Copy of 11/22/63

Bethany
10-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Savannah Book Festival in February is sold out.

King Closing CeremonyThe Closing Ceremony and Presentation will be at 3:00 PM and doors to the Trustees Theater will open at 1:30 PM.

Tickets go on sale at the Trustees Theater Box Office at 10:00 on Monday, October 3rd. The Savannah Book Festival does not have any tickets to sell, all sales are through the Trustees Theater. SOLD OUT

I had multiple phones trying to get through for this. I would probably do unspeakable things for this.

jhanic
10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Already a bid at $500:
http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/m/meFkXSBXYwscp9VzCCEJUYA/140.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Conversation-Stephen-King-Reception-Signed-Book-Dallas-Majestic-/130587078979?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1e6798b143)http://q.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifA Conversation with Stephen King - Reception + Signed B... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Conversation-Stephen-King-Reception-Signed-Book-Dallas-Majestic-/130587078979?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1e6798b143)
Meet Stephen King & Recieve a Signed Copy of 11/22/63

I'll be really surprised if anyone else bids on this.

John

carlosdetweiller
10-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Received an e-mail from the Dallas event folks letting me know that my tickets to the reception are coming. They seem to be making a big deal out of the fact that tickets are not to be resold and even threatening to ask for photo ID upon entry to ensure that you are the original purchaser. I doubt they would actually do that but who knows?

Dear xxxxxxx (via xxxxx@xxxxxxx.net),

Thank you for purchasing 2 Reception tickets to the November 10th “Conversation with Stephen King” at the Majestic Theatre in Dallas Texas, benefiting The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. I am pleased to let you know that we are preparing your tickets for mailing next week.

Before mailing your tickets, we would like to remind you:
• Per the purchase agreement, tickets are not for resale and are nonrefundable.
• No entry permitted without a valid ticket. A physical ticket does not guarantee admission.
• Any ticket or voucher resold or reported as lost will be voided and will not be honored.
• Upon entry, the Majestic Theatre reserves the right to require a photo ID matching the ticket purchaser’s name and address.

Your tickets will be mailed to the address provided at the time of purchase as it appears below. Please review this information for accuracy. Corrections only (no changes) may be submitted by the same email address used at time of purchase. Tickets will not be shipped to multiple addresses.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxxx

For Preferred Seating and Reception ticket holders, signed copies of 11/22/63 will be distributed only when present with BOTH a valid voucher and matching admission ticket. Please keep these two documents together.

If you purchased a ticket in order to secure a signed copy of 11/22/63 but will not attend the event, as a courtesy, please reply to this email before Wednesday, October 19th. If you are unable to contact us before October 19th, please do so at your earliest convenience so arrangements can be made for your book to be shipped directly to you after the event and at your expense. The Sixth Floor Museum is not responsible for delivery of benefits outside of the event as scheduled.

Thank you once again for your purchase.
We look forward to seeing you on November 10th!

Confidentiality Notice: This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disclose, forward, distribute, use or copy this email or its contents. If you are not the named addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return email that you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

Bev Vincent
10-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Stephen will be doing a book signing on December 14 starting at 7PM at Walmart Store #4436, 5455 Atlanta Hwy., Alpharetta, GA 30004.

Walmart will be distributing 400 guaranteed and 200 non-guaranteed wristbands beginning at 7:00 AM on Wednesday, December 14th. If there is time after the 400 guaranteed wristbands have gone through the line, the 200 non-guaranteed line will begin. Limit 1 signed book per person.

Heather19
10-14-2011, 10:48 AM
So no tickets necessary for this one I'm assuming? Just go that morning and wait in line?

Ricky
10-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Stephen will be doing a book signing on December 14 starting at 7PM at Walmart Store #4436, 5455 Atlanta Hwy., Alpharetta, GA 30004.

Walmart will be distributing 400 guaranteed and 200 non-guaranteed wristbands beginning at 7:00 AM on Wednesday, December 14th. If there is time after the 400 guaranteed wristbands have gone through the line, the 200 non-guaranteed line will begin. Limit 1 signed book per person.

What is it with Wal-Mart and these damn wristbands? :lol:

Shannon
10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
WAL-MART in GEORGIA!? Where's the Vegas love!? This makes me sad :( lol

Rahfa
10-14-2011, 02:05 PM
It's interesting that he's doing quite a few signings, yet early sales on ebay have been for big $$$, and yet he did only the 2-3 apparances for Full Dark, and it's not nearly so expensive.

gsvec
10-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Anyone planning on going to the signing in Sarasota?

Ben Staad
10-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Anyone planning on going to the signing in Sarasota?

I am! I'm still debating on when I need to get in line for the bracelet. Does anyone think that two hours ahead of time sounds ok or should I be there earlier?

gsvec
10-16-2011, 01:35 PM
They start giving out wristbands at noon, so that's when I'll show up. :D

Assuming I end up going, that it. Doing some planning with work, etc. . . .

Ben Staad
10-16-2011, 02:00 PM
They start giving out wristbands at noon, so that's when I'll show up. :D

Assuming I end up going, that it. Doing some planning with work, etc. . . .

Well my plan's are not set in stone but I hoping my wife can go as well. If it looks like your going let me know.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Does anyone think that two hours ahead of time sounds ok or should I be there earlier?

I would camp out for 3 days just to get a good place in the line.

Wait! I'm thinking of when I used to do that for my "Rock Heroes" tickets!

Ben Staad
10-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Does anyone think that two hours ahead of time sounds ok or should I be there earlier?

Well camping out may be fun but I'm not sure the good folks at B&N will put up with my alcohol fueled campfire stories.

Merlin1958
10-16-2011, 05:05 PM

Well camping out may be fun but I'm not sure the good folks at B&N will put up with my alcohol fueled campfire stories.

Nor the inevitable results of your bottom-less pot of beans!!!!

:lovely:

surly
10-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Have I missed how the 250 pre-signed copies will be distributed in Boston?
I spoke to someone at the library and they confirmed that the main hall holds about 400 people (doors open a about an hour before). They didn't know anything about the books but given the capacity of the main hall plus expected over-flow, that means a lot of people will be going home without a signed copy.

Rahfa
10-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Have I missed how the 250 pre-signed copies will be distributed in Boston?
I spoke to someone at the library and they confirmed that the main hall holds about 400 people (doors open a about an hour before). They didn't know anything about the books but given the capacity of the main hall plus expected over-flow, that means a lot of people will be going home without a signed copy.

I think it's another 'random distribution' set-up, which I don't agree with.

Shannon
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Yep, fudge that!

stevohump
10-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Has anybody heard any new news about the atlanta signing. Thanks for any info.

ELazansky
10-21-2011, 02:42 AM

I believe the only signing in Atlanta is going to be this one (taken from posts upthread):

Merlin1958
10-22-2011, 03:12 PM

I believe the only signing in Atlanta is going to be this one (taken from posts upthread):

That's gonna be some line for books!!! reminiscent of the Village Halloween Parade!!!!! LOL

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos

:tongue1:

ChristineB
10-26-2011, 07:50 AM
I need some advice here...

I have yet to go to a non-ticketed book signing for SK so some advice would be nice.

I am thinking of going to the one north of Atlanta in December and would like to get an idea of when I should show up to get in line? They start giving out arm bands at 7am so would showing up at 3 am be overkill or a good idea do you think?

Thanks all

Bev Vincent
10-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Good idea to check with the venue. They may not let people queue up in the middle of the night.

carlosdetweiller
10-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Has anyone received their tickets to the Dallas event on 11/10? I haven't gotten mine and thought they might be here by now.

Ben Staad
10-26-2011, 02:33 PM

I have yet to go to a non-ticketed book signing for SK so some advice would be nice.

I am thinking of going to the one north of Atlanta in December and would like to get an idea of when I should show up to get in line? They start giving out arm bands at 7am so would showing up at 3 am be overkill or a good idea do you think?
camping
Thanks all

I had a similar question and I believe Mr. RT told me to bring my camping gear....although I think he was just messing with me. :)

Randall Flagg
10-26-2011, 02:45 PM

camping
Thanks all

I had a similar question and I believe Mr. RT told me to bring my camping gear....although I think he was just messing with me. :)
Sometimes a simple phone call provides the answer. That particular Walmart IS NOT open 24 hours. Their hours are 6am-12:30am. They have no problem with people lining up at Midnight for wristbands-they do however suggest-but do not guarantee that 3-4am will be sufficient to get a wristband.

Walmart # 770.475.4101

Ben Staad
10-26-2011, 02:47 PM

camping
Thanks all

Sometimes a simple phone call provides the answer. That particular Walmart IS NOT open 24 hours. Their hours are 6am-12:30am. They have no problem with people lining up at Midnight for wristbands-they do however suggest-but do not guarantee that 3-4am will be sufficient to get a wristband.

What!? You mean I may have to actually talk...I mean physically talk to another human being to find out something!??? That's just frakking crazy!

Randall Flagg
10-26-2011, 02:49 PM
What!? You mean I may have to actually talk...I mean physically talk to another human being to find out something!??? That's just frakking crazy!
I know, I know. Actual human interface sucks.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-26-2011, 03:35 PM
I had a similar question and I believe Mr. RT told me to bring my camping gear....although I think he was just messing with me.

I don't know what you youngsters do nowadays, but I have a pair of crutches and fake plaster cast for my foot, which I use to get to the front of flights and queues. I always get to the front of the line without waiting. This works in every country in the world. (BTW. I'm NOT joking).

Merlin1958
10-26-2011, 06:59 PM

Warning, Will Robinson, Warning!!!!

:lol1:

Ben Staad
10-26-2011, 07:04 PM

It does doesn't it?

carlosdetweiller
10-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Has anyone received their tickets to the Dallas event on 11/10? I haven't gotten mine and thought they might be here by now.

I got my tickets today to the reception and a separate book voucher to get a signed book after the event is over. The book vouchers have my last name printed in large letters. Might be hard to get a signed book if your name doesn't match the name on the voucher.

ChristineB
10-28-2011, 06:00 AM

camping
Thanks all

Walmart # 770.475.4101

Thank you for finding this out, I was going to call them a bit later, I didn't expect them to have any answers this early, but I guess I was wrong. :)

Yes, I will be taking my camping chair, a blanket or 2, food, alarm clock (I plan on napping in my car from when I get the band to when the signing starts), laptop (for chatting with you guys during the long wait, an umbrella (just in case)... Do you think the one person tent would be over kill? :)

ICry4Oy
10-28-2011, 11:32 AM

I got my tickets today to the reception and a separate book voucher to get a signed book after the event is over. The book vouchers have my last name printed in large letters. Might be hard to get a signed book if your name doesn't match the name on the voucher.

My Dallas tix & voucher also showed up Wednesday!!!!!!! I'm all excited and nervous because now it's real.

texgunslinger
10-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Didn't get my Dallas tickets and vouchers yet and I live closer to Dallas than Bob does!

I'll be running home this afternoon to check the mail and then making some concerned phone calls if they're not there.

Ben Staad
10-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Well I called the the Sarasota B&N today and it sounds like I will need to be there early. If anyone has been to one of these I would love some info. I'm not really sure what time I should get there to ensure that I receive an armband.

Merlin1958
10-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Just make sure you get there early and can get a signature for your very dear friend Merlin1958. That should do it!!!! LOL

:lol1:

The Library Policeman
10-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Have a great time, all of you that are attending.

Nerak
11-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Books in Boston will be sold in the store on a first come first serve bases according to the woman in the store that I contacted.

I am awaiting a reply as to whether that is once the store opens or after the event....

Tito_Villa
11-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Soooo excited, my flight gets into Boston from London aroud 2.30pm on Sunday!!!

Heather19
11-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Books in Boston will be sold in the store on a first come first serve bases according to the woman in the store that I contacted.

I am awaiting a reply as to whether that is once the store opens or after the event....

I like that better than a random mix.
What time are you guys planning on getting there?

Merlin1958
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Pop Quiz:

What's the fastest way to get to Boston's Logan Airport?

Through Bill Bruckner's Legs!!!!

Roseannebarr
11-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Boston Event attendees be alert!

At the book festival in Virginia, people were already standing in line - over 200 people were in line before Stephen King finished speaking. So i sure hope they would not have you line up after he speaks. You will have to choose whether to wait in line or hear him speak.

We had to wait in line for 2 hours to get our book signed, but i would not have missed hearing him speak and get first reading of Dr. Sleep. Other people just stood in line to be first.

Tito_Villa
11-04-2011, 12:36 AM
If there is a choice i will stay to hear the man speak! Though these are pre-signed books i am sure!?

Nerak
11-04-2011, 05:37 AM
The books are pre-signed at this event.

I heard back from the Library again and she thinks that the books are going to go onsale at noon and be one per person. So, I am thinking about getting there around 9, at least trying to. Getting 4 kids out of bed, dropping two of them off at a sitters and then dealing with Boston traffic. I have to buy 5 books. Is anyone going to the Boston event able to buy an extra book? I only have four people going with me :( and need 5 books.... email me at kyra421 at yahoo dot com if you can do this for me!!!

Heather19
11-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Do you think the line for the event and the line for the books will be the same?
I really would like to get a signed one.

Cook
11-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Karen,
I sent you an email, hope this helps.
Richard

The books are pre-signed at this event.

I heard back from the Library again and she thinks that the books are going to go onsale at noon and be one per person. So, I am thinking about getting there around 9, at least trying to. Getting 4 kids out of bed, dropping two of them off at a sitters and then dealing with Boston traffic. I have to buy 5 books. Is anyone going to the Boston event able to buy an extra book? I only have four people going with me :( and need 5 books.... email me at kyra421 at yahoo dot com if you can do this for me!!!

Tito_Villa
11-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Just arrived in my hotel in Boston after the flight from London can't wait for the event in the morning!!!

AKC
11-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Just arrived in my hotel in Boston after the flight from London can't wait for the event in the morning!!!

We want Pics! We want Pics!

Nerak
11-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Richard, I did get it, thank you. I don't have anyone else that would be attending though! LOL

SOrry you can't make it.

Tito_Villa
11-06-2011, 02:21 PM

Haha I wish I could but I'm using my tablet that is rubbish with photos! Nice hotel & really nice weather though! Quite tired because it's been a long day, 10.30 in the UK at the moment & I got up 6ish. Willows be worth it though i am sure.

Nerak
11-06-2011, 04:04 PM
dammit dammit dammit dammit!!! A friend just told me that the books go onsale earlier than I was told and not noon!!!!! AARRRRRGGGGHHHH Looks Like I will be getting up at 6am! Wonder how everyone else in the family feels about that?!?! LOL

Heather19
11-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh no! I just told my mom that, and she said there's no way she's leaving that early :(

Brice
11-06-2011, 04:26 PM
CORRECT HER!

Robert Fulman
11-06-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm planning to be there at 9 am. :crossed:

Heather19
11-06-2011, 06:07 PM
CORRECT HER!

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get her out as early as possible :lol:
But it takes a couple hours to get out there, so we'll see.

Merlin1958
11-06-2011, 06:10 PM
CORRECT HER!

Strongly!!!! Management will approve!

:smile:

Ricky
11-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Heather, for the sake of all that is pumpkin, DO IT.

Brice
11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
CORRECT HER!

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get her out as early as possible :lol:
But it takes a couple hours to get out there, so we'll see.

2words: emotional blackmail :D

Merlin1958
11-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Haha I wish I could but I'm using my tablet that is rubbish with photos! Nice hotel & really nice weather though! Quite tired because it's been a long day, 10.30 in the UK at the moment & I got up 6ish. Willows be worth it though i am sure.

Be sure NOT to wear your N.Y. Giants jersey!!!!!!

:tongue1:

wizardsrainbow
11-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Karen got books...WOOHOO! I could not go so she got some for me.

Love ya girl!

sgc1999
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
:rock::rock::rock:HOO RAY!!!!!!!! I GOT BOOKS
TURNS OUT BOSTON WAS A PRESIGNED BOOK SALE, NO MEET AND GREET. THERE WAS HOWEVER, NOT THAT MANY PEOPLE IN THE LINE FOR BOOKS SO EVERYONE HAD A CHANCE TO GET A FEW. BEAUTIFUL VIEW OF THE BAY WHILE WAITING IN LINE FOR BOOKS TOO:)

Heather19
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Here's a few photos I took from earlier today. I always love listening to him speak. I was surprised that there weren't more people there though. We ended up getting there around 10 this morning, and there weren't too many people in line yet. I think everyone that showed up prior to when the doors opened got a signed book. And I'm not sure if the room even filled up? I wonder if it was just because it was in the middle of the work day. Regardless it was still a lot of fun.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/heather1019/photography/IMAG0448b.jpg

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/heather1019/photography/IMG_1478b-1.jpg

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/heather1019/photography/IMAG0451b.jpg

Robert Fulman
11-07-2011, 03:42 PM
In your first pic, the guy in the lower left corner (with the shaved head and grey hoodie) is my brother-in-law, and I was sitting to his left. You just missed me.

Heather19
11-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Sorry :lol:

Patrick
11-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Sounds like an enjoyable time without a lot of crowding pressures.
Thanks for sharing the photos, Heather!

Robert Fulman
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Strangely enough, I didn't get any photos of SK, but I did get this shot of Dan Shaughnessy, Boston Globe sports columnist and author of "The Curse of the Bambino":

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7338/002uyh.jpg

Nerak
11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
We saw him come in! LOL

David, you are welcome, love you too!!!

It was a great time. Got to meet up with old friends (said goodbye to another who is moving to Australia in the morning) and meet some new ones (Tito!!)

King was his usual jolly self! He was looking a big skinny...makes me wonder if he's been feeling ok.

Can't wait to hear all the reviews now that everyone has their books.

And yeah, it wasn't full, they didn't need the over flow theater. And they were very nice enough to let people who already bought signed books to go back through the line again. Quite a few friends got more than one book.

The Kennedy Library is beautiful. I didn't go in to it further than the Cafe, but I was enjoying catching up with everyone!

I didn't take too many pics as my camera bites, but I gave a man sitting next to me my work email and I am hoping that he will send me some pics and Boss Man was taking a bunch too.

More later

Ricky
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Great pics, Heather! And unless you zoomed alot, looks like you had really good seats, too. :)

If anyone feels up to posting a pic of their signed book(s), I'm sure we'd love to see.

Tito_Villa
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone, I'm sat in the hotel lobby after a great day. I managed to get 4 signed books and as close as possible in the seating to see king speak. Was great meeting people off here, had a great chat with Karen & co, also heather & surly. Unfortunately pics& video will have to wait until I am back home. I'm now looking forward to traveling to Portland tomorrow via Grant books :-)

Heather19
11-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I was only like 8 rows back. We could have been closer, but I opted for the aisle seat where I would have a good view :lol:

And Karen, what time did you guys get there? Right for 9?

Heather19
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey everyone, I'm sat in the hotel lobby after a great day. I managed to get 4 signed books and as close as possible in the seating to see king speak. Was great meeting people off here, had a great chat with Karen & co, also heather & surly. Unfortunately pics& video will have to wait until I am back home. I'm now looking forward to traveling to Portland tomorrow via Grant books :-)

Have fun! New England is such a beautiful place. You're gonna love it. Were you able to see much of Boston while you were here?

Patrick
11-07-2011, 05:15 PM
You don't really want to lug all those heavy signed books around, do you, Tom? Let me do you a favor and take one off your hands.

stevohump
11-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Can someone answer this.... At the Alpharetta signing, will they just be giving out wristbands or do you purchase a book and then get your wristband? thanks

Robert Fulman
11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
So, I showed up at the JFK Library yesterday around 9 AM, and there were already about 25 lined up in the lobby. They were setting up velvet ropes just as I arrived, and that defined a nice little area for us to wait in. I spoke with some of the people in line; I know that some of them are posters here, but I chickened out and never mentioned who I was. I saw grown adults wearing "Nozz-a-La" and "Ka" shirts, and I felt relatively well-adjusted, sitting on the ground playing Legend of Zelda: Four Swords on my Nintendo 3DS.

Around 10:30 (I'm actually guessing at the times), there was a group of maybe 75 people or so. One of the JFK staffers came out with a checklist and blue tickets. She explained that the line we were in was actually for the signed books, which would go on sale around 12 in the gift shop. There was no need to have registered for the talk to buy a book, and I heard phone calls being made, telling people to get down to the JFK ASAP. She went down the line and asked for names. The people who had registered for the talk were given a blue ticket, which guaranteed them a seat in the main hall for the talk, which was sweet. At that point, everyone in line was guaranteed a signed book (as long as they stayed in line) and a seat in the main hall.

Around 12, they started letting people (10 at a time) into the gift shop for the book, and they shortly thereafter started letting people into the main hall. After half an hour or so, the main hall was about a quarter full, and I noticed that there were people with multiple books. I went back outside to the lobby, and hopped back in at the end of the line again, and then was allowed back into the gift shop to buy another book. I felt slightly bad about this, so I also bought a commemorative pin. Then I went back in sat down to wait for the talk to start. I talked with a nice older couple from Connecticut, and read a bit of Carrie; I couldn't bring myself to read one of my copies of 11/22/63.

Eventually, Stephen King and Tom Perotta came out and talked shop. I enjoyed the talk a lot; Steve read from 11/22/63 and answered questions from the crowd (via index card). My favorite line was that Moxie is the second grossest drink in the world, after NyQuil. It'll all be on the video, eventually.

Overall, a very nice time, although it was pretty funny to realize that I could've shown up at noon, and still gotten a decent seat and two signed books. I bet none of the other stops on the tour will be like this one.

sgc1999
11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
some pics:)
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1274-1.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1324.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1278.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1323.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1282.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1280.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1277.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1279.jpg

ChristineB
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Can someone answer this.... At the Alpharetta signing, will they just be giving out wristbands or do you purchase a book and then get your wristband? thanks

From previous in this thread:

As far as when you will be required to buy the book I am on hold with that Wal-Mart and hoping to find that out soon.

redsoxfan565
11-08-2011, 10:10 AM
From my experience, you will purchase the book at the time of the wristband. Also from previous experiences, King will sign every book in that store. So if you are not within that 400 guaranteed, you should still be ok.

ChristineB
11-08-2011, 10:20 AM

From previous in this thread:

As far as when you will be required to buy the book I am on hold with that Wal-Mart and hoping to find that out soon.

Ok a bit more information...
From a store manager at that store "we will not be required to buy the book there, you will just be required to have a receipt from any Wal Mart with your book to be signed."
Now this is very early info so it may change between now and then and I will be calling them back a few days before the actual event to confirm any info I have gotten at that time.

Patrick
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks for sharing the story of your experience yesterday, Robert Fulman.

Nice signed book, Simon.

Congrats to you both!

Ari_Racing
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Very nice stories all! Keep 'em coming! :)

willie3
11-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Very cool stories!
Wife, Granddaughter and I will be at the Sarasota event Monday, hope to see some of you there!

Karl

Ben Staad
11-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Very cool stories!
Wife, Granddaughter and I will be at the Sarasota event Monday, hope to see some of you there!

Karl

I will be there with bells on...not literally with bells but I will be there. I plan on wearing my forum gear so keep on eye out for me.

carlosdetweiller
11-08-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm leaving tomorrow for the Dallas reception and program on Thursday night. Hope to meet some TDT.org members there.

The Dallas event is a fund raiser for the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza. I've never been to it before but I plan to check it out this time.

I'm really looking forward to meeting King. Trying to decide what to wear. Maybe a TDT.org T-shirt with a blazer over it?

Patrick
11-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous.

If they're free and easy with the signed books in Sarasota or Dallas - like we heard from those who attended the last tour stop, someone please pick up an extra for me. Please. :)

TwistedNadine
11-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm really looking forward to meeting King. Trying to decide what to wear. Maybe a TDT.org T-shirt with a blazer over it?

The dress code for the VA reception was supposed to be cocktail dress / business and not casual but Steve was in a tshirt with a sports coat (blazer) and his usual blue jeans. I think a TDT tshirt and blazer is a good choice. Have Fun!!

The Library Policeman
11-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm leaving tomorrow for the Dallas reception and program on Thursday night. Hope to meet some TDT.org members there.

The Dallas event is a fund raiser for the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza. I've never been to it before but I plan to check it out this time.

Have a great time, Bob. Wear a badge saying "I SURVIVED THE HACK-A-CART"

Bev Vincent
11-09-2011, 03:07 AM
I'll be meeting up with Bob at the reception, too.

AKC
11-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Anybody planning on making the trip to Savannah, GA USA in February '12?

AKC

sgc1999
11-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Hey,
Im plannin on goin:) i have the tickets now im just hopeing to be able to go.

sgc1999
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I HAVE A GREAT IDEA! LETS HAVE A COMPETITION WHO HAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST kING SIGNATURE. IT HAS TO ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN SIGNED BY KING. ILL START:) HERES 2 BEAUTIES

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1367.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1364.jpg

ICry4Oy
11-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Hope to meet Bob & Bev at the Dallas reception! I've been to the Majestic Theater many times and simply because it is "majestic" and very ornate in the old traditional theater style, I've never not dressed up no matter what the occasion. So I'll be the old fat guy with the multiple face piercings, wearing the light brown suit. ...I also might be the guy that is so nervous that I either sound like the Rain Man or even go so far as to throw up on Sai King....we'll see... Can't believe it is only slightly over 24 hours away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited:

TwistedNadine
11-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Thats pretty funny sgc1999

I suspect the more he signs the worse the sigs will get

sgc1999
11-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I AGREE.

Thats pretty funny sgc1999

I suspect the more he signs the worse the sigs will get

Ricky
11-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the stories and pics., everyone!

Heather19
11-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I HAVE A GREAT IDEA! LETS HAVE A COMPETITION WHO HAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST kING SIGNATURE. IT HAS TO ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN SIGNED BY KING. ILL START:) HERES 2 BEAUTIES

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1367.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/sgc1999/IMG_1364.jpg

My mom opened her book, and she was like "does that really say Stephen King?" :lol:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-09-2011, 03:05 PM

I can beat that. Here is a fake signature on an official Cemetery Dance Signed Limited.

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/legacies_1.jpg

AKC
11-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Rabbit wins........NO DOUBT.

AKC

sgc1999
11-09-2011, 03:16 PM
DOH!!!

biomieg
11-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Holy crap!

ICry4Oy
11-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Less than 7 hours now!!! ....I'm as nervous as a virgin at a prison rodeo...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
... now that IS nervous.

ICry4Oy
11-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Just got home from the Dallas event. I should have known it would be too good to be true. The best word I can use to describe the reception is "clusterfuck". I've already sent an email to the hosts of the event - the Sixth Floor Museum. I borrowed a phrase that a nice young man near me used - it was like throwing raw meat into a room full of wolves. Yeah, I did get the signed copy of 11/22/63 - still no idea if he really signed it or a secretary or a machine did. I did get to sit and listen to him talk. I don't really care about signed books that I didn't see get signed. I didn't really care about hearing him talk because I can just get on Youtube and hear him do that. All I cared about was meeting him and maybe getting my picture with him and that did not happen.

Here's what I sent to the 6th floor museum.

I have never felt so taken advantage of and just downright ripped off in my entire life. I attended the Stephen King reception tonight at the Majestic. It was a complete unorganized mess. I never got to meet Mr. King. I'd get within a few feet of him and he'd run off in another direction. When I was finally in a position to meet him your people came in and dragged him out to have his photo taken with your board of directors. That is something that could have been done either earlier or later. He was in the reception for maybe 30 minutes and it was akin to throwing raw meat into a room full of wolves. There was no organization to it.

I am retiring in the next couple of months and spending that much money on an event like this was not something I did without much thought and juggling of finances. I never would have even considered it had it not been for the promise of meeting Mr. King. I feel like I was mugged for my money.

I don't blame Stephen King for anything though. I blame the fucktards :FU:in charge at both the museum and the Majestic.

But on the bright side, I did get to meet "carlosdetweiller" :rock:

carlosdetweiller
11-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I enjoyed meeting you too. I was a bit luckier and did manage to get a couple of photos early in the reception. Will post when I get home tomorrow. It was also good to hang out with Bev and I also got to meet texgunslinger. More tomorrow with photos.

Bev Vincent
11-10-2011, 08:11 PM
It was great seeing Carlos & Mrs. Carlos, and meeting texgunslinger. Also had a nice chat with Russ Dorr, who has been doing research for SK since The Stand. The reception was a bit chaotic. SK was swarmed after a while.

ICry4Oy
11-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Hurricane Katrina was a bit chaotic. This was a clusterfuck.

texgunslinger
11-11-2011, 03:14 PM
I had a great time despite the disorganization. Getting the book was entirely secondary to getting to meet him and get a picture, so I understand Oy's being upset. It was definitely a crapshoot as to who got a picture and who didn't. All in all though, a very nice night out.

Merlin1958
11-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I enjoyed meeting you too. I was a bit luckier and did manage to get a couple of photos early in the reception. Will post when I get home tomorrow. It was also good to hang out with Bev and I also got to meet texgunslinger. More tomorrow with photos.

Picture's, Bob, Picture's!!!!! LOL

:shoot:

P.S. TPTB? We need a "Shutterbug" smiley!!!! LOL

carlosdetweiller
11-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Here are some photos and some of my thoughts about the King event in Dallas last night. The reception was supposed to start at 5:45PM and the doors to the Majestic Theater were to open at 5:35. Judy and I showed up about 4:30 and there were already about 30 people in line. Not all were for the reception; many were lining up for general admission seating to get first choice of seats for the 7PM event. We chatted with the people in line with us for a few minutes and then Bev Vincent got in line with us.

Here is a photo of Bev and me in line outside the theater.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/outsidemajestic.jpg

About 5:30 they started letting in those with reception tickets. Judy (my wife) noticed this early and broke us out of the general line and into the reception line. This quick action got us up near the front of the reception crowd and turned out to be a huge benefit. We went into the lobby.

Photo of Judy and Bev in the lobby.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/majesticlobby.jpg

We ascended some stairs and reached a table that checked us into the reception area. This (I believe) was a trouble spot. They wanted to check our tickets (of course) but also used this table to validate our valet parking stubs and to match our book vouchers with our admission tickets and validate the vouchers to get a signed book at the end of the program. This seemed to take a long time for each reception attendee. We were near the front of the line and didn't get into the reception until 5:50PM. I can only imagine how long it took to get everyone in. The staircase behind us was packed with people anxious to get in.

There were only about 10 to 15 people in the reception area when we got there and King hadn't shown up yet. So we got some food and started to eat.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/reception1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/receptionwaitingforking.jpg

At about 5:55PM my wife (so much more observant than me) said "There he is!" And we abandoned our food and walked over to him. We only had to wait for a couple of people to get photos and then Bev greeted him and helped introduce Judy and me to him. We had time for a short chat about how far we had traveled (nearly 6 hours for us) and King joked about how we Texans measure distance in hours rather than miles.

Some photos.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/kingandbob.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/kingandbob2.jpg

King tells Judy she is short and Judy says "No, you are just tall."

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/kingandjudy.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/kingandjudy1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/kingandjudy2.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/kingandjudy3.jpg

After we had our little bit of face time with King we went back to our food and visited with the other reception guests.

Her is a trio of TDT.org members. texgunslinger, Bev Vincent and carlosdetweiller.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/bevbenbob.jpg

texgunslinger and Bev.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/benbev.jpg

Bev and Russ Dorr. Russ is a Physician's Assistant who researches medical info for King. (I didn't tell him about all the medical mistakes I have found in King's books. I only mentioned the big one in 'Salem's Lot which was before Russ became involved)

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/bevanddorr.jpg

All this time more and more people were clearing the admissions table and coming into the reception. Before long King was surrounded by a very large group of people - all wanting to shake his hand, get a photo or just listen to him talk. I would have liked to have gotten close again just to listen to him interact with the crowd. He was really funny and seemed to be in a very good mood. He really seemed to be enjoying himself. But we didn't get within earshot again. Too many people. I think that ICry4Oy was in this large group of people.

Then about 6:30PM King left. I didn't see who he left with or where he went. The bottom line (IMO) is that King was at the reception for roughly 35 minutes and there were 100 reception tickets sold. There was no way he could meet 100 people, shake a hand, get a photo, etc. in that time. I think the reception was oversold and fully understand ICry4Oy's disappointment. For those of us who were admitted earlier and at the front of the line it was really a lot of fun and King was really a lot of fun to be around. I just wish everyone could have had the experience Judy and I had.

Bev Vincent
11-11-2011, 07:37 PM
I wasn't privy to the conversation about distances. All of a sudden I hear Steve calling my name. How far did you come to get here? he asked. "200 miles', I said. "oh, he's talking miles," he said. I still didn't get it, so I said 300 kilometers.

EXPLORER
11-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Fabulous pictures.. and great to hear the enjoyment shared by other King enthusiaists. Mr. King has been quite social in the events (Dallas & Virginia) as demonstrated by the stories shared. I feel for him as well as the others who do not get that one on one time when he winds up getting mobbed. Nice to see the faces that go with the names.... so, thanks for sharing.... perhaps our paths will cross at an event some day and will be able to identify.

biomieg
11-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Great story and great pictures, Bob. I love the one with you and King sharing a laugh and the one with King and Judy directly below.

shnnrc01
11-12-2011, 01:51 AM
looks like you had a great time bob ,good stuff. i see in your photos: youre obviously smiling in them with king but look like youre doing youre best not to explode with excitement!! ha! its kinda just under the skin surface bubbling away!!

Pasiuk57
11-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Bob
GREAT photos. Wish I could have been there!

herbertwest
11-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Great pictures !

carlosdetweiller
11-12-2011, 05:31 AM
After the reception we moved into the theater for the "conversation." I understand that it was not a complete sell-out but it looked packed to me. I suppose there may have been some seats in the balcony but I couldn't see how many people were up there. We found seats two or three rows behind the orchestra section. I tried to take a couple of photos but it was dark and with the no-flash-allowed policy they didn't come out. The stage was set up with two comfortable looking upholstered chairs and King and the interviewer (Lee Cullem) were the only two onstage. The interviewer is supposed to be a well-known personality in Dallas but I had not heard of her. Still, she did a good job of asking questions that we all agreed King had gone over beforehand. Most dealt with the book "11/22/63." King discussed his feelings about the event, the research and the actual writing of the book. He did not discuss any of his current or forthcoming books at this event. He was onstage for nearly an hour and I think most people really enjoyed the conversation. I know I did.

Here is a crappy photo just to show the stage layout. You can also see the large TV screen for the people who were farther away.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/kingonstage.jpg

At about 8PM the event was over and we proceeded to the ticket office in the lobby to exchange our book vouchers for signed copies of the book. The line moved slowly at first but then proceeded at an acceptable pace. Most seemed really excited to have a signed copy of the book. I'm sure it was a first for many of them. I did not see anyone trying to buy copies from the attendees. There was another table set up to sell unsigned copies of the book but there was no opportunity to buy additional signed copies that I could see.

carlosdetweiller
11-12-2011, 05:50 AM
The event was a fund raiser for The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza. It is on the sixth floor (of course) of the old Texas School Book Depository building where Lee Harvey Oswald fired the shots that killed JFK. Judy and I had gotten to Dallas the night before and went to the museum in the morning prior to the King event. We were there when it opened at 10AM and were told we couldn't go up yet because there was "some filming going on." We both assumed that King was up there but I don't know that for sure. At any rate it was only 5 or 10 minutes of waiting and then we took the elevators up to the sixth floor. The admission price included an audio device and it took about 2 hours to see and listen to everything.

The actual window from which Oswald fired is glassed off but they have recreated his "sniper's nest" with boxes of school books to match the original photos. It is eerie to stand right there and look out onto Elm Street where the President's motorcade passed. I was 13 years old and only 30 miles away in Fort Worth when the assassination happened. That event and the caught on television murder of Oswald by Jack Ruby a couple of days later were profound events in my life. Loss of innocence, perhaps? Realizing for the first time that this was a crazy, dangerous world to live in? I don't know, but I found the museum to bring back all the old feelings. It is really a well done exhibit.

You can also take a cell phone tour (which we did) of Dealy Plaza outside the museum and follow the motorcade route, examine the "grassy knoll" where some think a second shooter fired, and other points of interest. That took another hour.

Judy and I woke up Friday morning and both agreed that the day before was one we will never forget. Can't wait to get started on the book.

Brice
11-12-2011, 06:23 AM
It looks like y'all had a really great time.

biomieg
11-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Bob, I'm sure you'll enjoy the book. I'm over 300 pages in and I love it. Unlike many people, I've never felt disappointed after reading King's work but even for this fan-boy it is one of his most enthralling books in a long, long time!

idlewarnings
11-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Great photos and stories, Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Cook
11-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Bob,
So very nice to hear somebody truly enjoyed the event, your "pictures & story" are excellent.

jhanic
11-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Bob, I really enjoyed your stories and pics! Thanks!

John

Fsmdr
11-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for sharing the photos and story, Bob. Appreciate it.

Bev Vincent
11-12-2011, 09:22 AM
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/reception1.jpg

Great photos! Did you notice that you captured yourself in this one?

Bev Vincent
11-12-2011, 09:24 AM
The actual window from which Oswald fired is glassed off but they have recreated his "sniper's nest" with boxes of school books to match the original photos. It is eerie to stand right there and look out onto Elm Street where the President's motorcade passed.

I went to the museum yesterday afternoon -- very impressive and well worth the visit. King said that the museum staff allowed him to get into the sniper's nest during his research visit.

Bev Vincent
11-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Last night I attended King's second event in the Dallas area, at the McKinney North High School. The parking lot opened at 4 p.m. and the doors at 5 p.m. for this 7 p.m. event, sponsored by A Real Bookstore. I had seats closer to the stage than I did the previous night! I met a writer from Oklahoma and his wife in line -- he recognized my name and it turns out we're Facebook friends -- and had a good time talking with them while we waited. A brass trio from Louisiana played for a while and then the high school band played. King was in rare form, as entertaining as a stand-up comic. He talked for a while, then read several pages from 11/22/63, then answered about 10 questions that had been submitted previously. They did a decent job of picking some interesting questions. That was when he talked about Dr. Sleep being done in second draft and how it was a "goddamn scary book." Didn't get a signed copy from the random selection this time, nor did the couple sitting with me. The odds were about 1 in 4.

ICry4Oy
11-12-2011, 09:48 AM
I didn't meet you Bev, but do remember seeing you there. I'm the guy who walked up outside and asked if it was okay to park across the street and you said you hoped so because that's where you parked. Odd they didn't charge for parking there as they always have in the past. I wondered later if that was you because you seemed to have an "author look" about you. I also remember seeing texgunslinger in the crowd but had no idea that was him.

So Russ Dorr is that fat guy that kept getting in the way every time I'd get close to King. No like!

GamerTex.com
11-12-2011, 09:50 AM
He mentioned in the q/a that there is another dark tower book. It is done. Coming out 2012. Will be a story between the green tower (oz) and the wolves. He described it as a story in a story in a story, like the little Russian dolls.

Bev Vincent
11-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Yes, that's The Wind Through the Keyhole. Roland tells his ka-tet a story from his early days in Gilead while they wait out a storm.

Patrick
11-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Wow, Bob! What a fantastic trip. Thank you for sharing your recollections and photographs. Good to see you, your wife, Bev and and texgunslinger - what a respectable, good-looking bunch! Wish ICry4Oy had met with you guys.

Bev, thanks for sharing about the second night too.

Welcome to TDT.org, GamerTex!

ChristineB
11-12-2011, 10:55 AM
He mentioned in the q/a that there is another dark tower book. It is done. Coming out 2012. Will be a story between the green tower (oz) and the wolves. He described it as a story in a story in a story, like the little Russian dolls.

Here is the thread for The Wind Through th Keyhole GamerTex http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?9582-The-Wind-Through-the-Keyhole-Collecting-Discussion

And welcome to the forums

Ari_Racing
11-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Great stories and pics!!! Keep 'em coming! :)

Randall Flagg
11-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Bob. you disappoint me. You didn't wear your DT.Org shirt.:emot-aslol:

Ben Staad
11-12-2011, 04:16 PM

I have a feeling Bob will pointedly ignore this post because of the use of an emitocon. LOL an J/K

Randall Flagg
11-12-2011, 04:18 PM

I have a feeling Bob will pointedly ignore this post because of the use of an emitocon. LOL an J/K
Surely he respects American Sign Language.

Ben Staad
11-12-2011, 04:21 PM
So I'm going to the signing in Sarasota on Monday...does anyone have a guess on how many seconds of face time I will have with Mr. King? My guess is a solid three seconds :)

Randall Flagg
11-12-2011, 04:26 PM
So I'm going to the signing in Sarasota on Monday...does anyone have a guess on how many seconds of face time I will have with Mr. King? My guess is a solid three seconds :)
Perhaps 7.

Merlin1958
11-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Perhaps 7.

That's about right!!!

carlosdetweiller
11-12-2011, 05:22 PM

I have no idea what the hand sign is supposed to mean. My TDT.org T-shirt does not fit. It is an XL and I wear a medium.

Merlin1958
11-12-2011, 05:28 PM

I have no idea what the hand sign is supposed to mean. My TDT.org T-shirt does not fit. It is an XL and I wear a medium.

Doctor's, Can't live with them, can't kill them!!! LOL LOL

Randall Flagg
11-12-2011, 05:28 PM

American sign language for "L" "O" "L"

Ricky
11-12-2011, 05:30 PM
As opposed to Chinese sign language, right?

Randall Flagg
11-12-2011, 05:33 PM
As opposed to Chinese sign language, right?
Correct. From what I understand the inflection is the tough part.

Ricky
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Just try doing an accent! That's the tough part.

Randall Flagg
11-12-2011, 05:41 PM

Anything less than an XL is outlawed in Texas.....:evil:

sgc1999
11-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Its either LOL, OR OL, OL, OL, OL, OL,...:)

Surely he respects American Sign Language.

carlosdetweiller
11-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Last night I attended King's second event in the Dallas area, at the McKinney North High School. The parking lot opened at 4 p.m. and the doors at 5 p.m. for this 7 p.m. event, sponsored by A Real Bookstore.

Was there any explanation stated at the event as to why King was at that particular location? It seemed an odd choice of venues. Personal favor to Tabby's sister, perhaps?

Ben Staad
11-13-2011, 05:47 AM
One day (hopefully) until my seven second conversation with Mr. King! Anyone have any idea of it's possible to have substantive conversation in seven seconds :)

Bev Vincent
11-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Last night I attended King's second event in the Dallas area, at the McKinney North High School. The parking lot opened at 4 p.m. and the doors at 5 p.m. for this 7 p.m. event, sponsored by A Real Bookstore.

Was there any explanation stated at the event as to why King was at that particular location? It seemed an odd choice of venues. Personal favor to Tabby's sister, perhaps?

No explanation, no. That was my theory, but McKinney is far enough from Plano that it doesn't really hold water.

Robert Fulman
11-13-2011, 06:00 AM
I recommend you lead with "'Locke and Key' is awesome, you must be so proud of Joe Hill." Everyone loves talking about their kids.

Ben Staad
11-13-2011, 06:34 AM
I recommend you lead with "'Locke and Key' is awesome, you must be so proud of Joe Hill." Everyone loves talking about their kids.

That's not bad. Thanks.

ICry4Oy
11-13-2011, 10:52 AM
I finally got over it enough to look at the pics of King I got with a bunch of people I don't know. A lot of 'em are blurry due to 1) no flash and 2) being elbowed :beat:trying to get close to him.

If I'm doing this right, here they are:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69738828@N07/

Got Bob in a couple outside the theater, once on his phone and once from behind. He shows up inside too. Even though blurry, it should be easy to recoginze the dood in the first pic!

AAH, so close and yet so far away! Every time I'd get within arm's reach he'd either run off in the other direction or that fat fuck doctor friend of his would get between us :(

Ben Staad
11-13-2011, 10:54 AM
You have some nice shots in there Clay. Thanks for sharing.

Ricky
11-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Man, you were really close! I feel your pain. But you have some nice shots in there, if that's any consolation. And it looks like it was a pretty nice venue, too.

carlosdetweiller
11-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Some really good photos there. Thanks for posting them. The Majestic Theater really was beautiful and I didn't take any of the inside like you did.

Bev Vincent
11-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Got Bob in a couple outside the theater, once on his phone and once from behind.

He was probably on the phone with me as we tried to track each other down!

carlosdetweiller
11-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Got Bob in a couple outside the theater, once on his phone and once from behind.

He was probably on the phone with me as we tried to track each other down!

Yep. That was the only time I was on the phone.

Ben Staad
11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Packing for the day trip to Sarasota. Is it crazy to pack a couple extra books (non 11/22/63) just in case? I'm thinking it is but you never know...right?

Edit: Yes I know there is a 0.0001% chance but I thought it would be good to be prepared.

DisneyGuys
11-13-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm headed to Sarasota, too. I just hope it is not too crazy or the line is cut off too early. I have to drive almost 3 hours from Orlando. I just dislike the part of having to get the wristband before noon and then hanging around for 7 hours until the actual signing. I guess I won't mind too much as long as I can get the book signed.

Ben Staad
11-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm headed to Sarasota, too. I just hope it is not too crazy or the line is cut off too early. I have to drive almost 3 hours from Orlando. I just dislike the part of having to get the wristband before noon and then hanging around for 7 hours until the actual signing. I guess I won't mind too much as long as I can get the book signed.

Hope to see you there! I will be the guy with some DT tats on my legs, a full beard, and wearing a tdt.org tee. Hopefully, this narrows it down for ya! :)

Merlin1958
11-13-2011, 08:04 PM

Hope to see you there! I will be the guy with some DT tats on my legs, a full beard, and wearing a tdt.org tee. Hopefully, this narrows it down for ya! :)

Alright, Sarasota attendee's, I want ya to protect this guy and guide him through. Let's plow the road!!!! (ID4)

LOL

EXPLORER
11-13-2011, 08:08 PM

ATUALLY THEY DO NOT hand wristbands out until noon. Went and checked the situation out last night when arrived and spoke to store manager who reiterated the procedure. They have signs out front and notes they pass out to make procedure very clear. I bought books last night however when went to store around noon today to meet another DTorg pal, we were told they are not selling any books until tommorrow as they want to have for anyone coming to signing. They do not open until 9:00 am, so will not be able to buy books (which reciept will entile bearer to wristban) until after they open or they start selling books (perhaps at nnon). Have gone by a couple times to check and confirm what things look like. There were a couple kids who told me they are being paid to get there early to hold a spot in line and plan on being first in line in morning. There was no major crowd forming for overnight which makes me happy as I prefer sleeping in a comfortable bed rather than my car or on sidewalk. Just had another friend (spotter) drive by and we're comfortable with meeting around time store opens as I was told there will be 600 wristbands/books available. Will update when get there and get online in morning.

Ben Staad
11-13-2011, 08:46 PM

ATUALLY THEY DO NOT hand wristbands out until noon. Went and checked the situation out last night when arrived and spoke to store manager who reiterated the procedure. They have signs out front and notes they pass out to make procedure very clear. I bought books last night however when went to store around noon today to meet another DTorg pal, we were told they are not selling any books until tommorrow as they want to have for anyone coming to signing. They do not open until 9:00 am, so will not be able to buy books (which reciept will entile bearer to wristban) until after they open or they start selling books (perhaps at nnon). Have gone by a couple times to check and confirm what things look like. There were a couple kids who told me they are being paid to get there early to hold a spot in line and plan on being first in line in morning. There was no major crowd forming for overnight which makes me happy as I prefer sleeping in a comfortable bed rather than my car or on sidewalk. Just had another friend (spotter) drive by and we're comfortable with meeting around time store opens as I was told there will be 600 wristbands/books available. Will update when get there and get online in morning.

Sweet! Thanks for the update.

carlosdetweiller
11-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Good luck to everyone who is going to the Sarasota signing today. Represent TDT.org well.

EXPLORER
11-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Good luck to everyone who is going to the Sarasota signing today. Represent TDT.org well.
UNDERESTIMATED Sarasotans............ther is a line streching all the way around back of building over 100-150 people here already. I amtold about 20 camped out over night.