PDA

View Full Version : Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Bev Vincent
04-03-2008, 09:50 AM
A word to the wise -- weather for D.C. tomorrow looks pretty grim, so protect your little pretties in plastic against the anticipated rain.

jhanic
04-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Bev, Are you taking anything to get signed?

John

Bev Vincent
04-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure. I was trying to find my One Story chapbook with Owen King's story, but I haven't been able to lay my hands on it. Maybe my copy of Dark Dreamers that I always take to NECON and other conventions, sort of like my autograph book. I have signatures from at least half of the people in the book and I never think to take it with me when I see him. I'm trying to travel light.

shnnrc01
04-03-2008, 12:02 PM
karen,could you make that 2? id really appreciate it if youre not going to be overloaded with offers.lmk,thx a milionl,barry.

Clacke
04-03-2008, 12:17 PM
May I just wish all of you going tomorrow best wishes and I hope you all have a wonderful time. Whichever books you all finally decide on to bring, I hope you manage to get them all signed. And don't forget to bring back some photos for the rest of us to feel jealous over. :thumbsup: :)

carlosdetweiller
04-03-2008, 01:04 PM
And don't forget to bring back some photos for the rest of us to feel jealous over. :thumbsup: :)

I'd also like to wish everyone who is going a safe and happy trip. I would love to see photos of the event too.

EXPLORER
04-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Quite envious of all going.....
I can't believe I am missing this one....
When going to signings out of town, i usually carry something smaller lighter.
I always think 1st edition Carrie is great to have signed....
I also like rare little items like "Contraband" are great for signings or if think might have opportunity to meet or bump into.
For signings locally, I would consider bringing the S/L 999 since just his and Joyce Carol Oates is missing from it.
I also would like to get a Blaze signed....... That is the one of his recents books I do not own signed.

Nerak
04-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Barry, I shall have to let you know. I will get back to you! tay?

Mr. Ink
04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Mr. Ink-

A formal wecome to the site. I still have the Whelan remarque I bought from you. It is one of my favorites. Hope that we can spot each other at the event to say hi. I will be with my 15-year-old son. Look for the kid with dark brown bangs down to his eyes, poor posture and texting madly away on his cell phone. If he is standing next to a 6' medium build dude with mostly grey (fairly short) hair, that would be me!

Thanks Wiz! Ah yes the remarque, I do miss it but am glad to know it's in good hands. Yes I will look for you and your son tomorrow. It will be a cold and possibly rainy night so dress accordingly...

Patrick
04-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Have a wonderful time at the Three Kings event, friends, as I'm sure you will. I hope you all get a chance to meet each other before or after. Wish I could join you.

:)

Patrick
04-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Joe Hill, granite St comic-com May 18th http://www.granitecon.com/
Karen, are you going? :excited:

Bring me back a signed copy of Locke & Key? :fairy:

Hell yeah I am going! LOL

You got it dude! First one to ask...guess I can do that for you! :huglove:

:o :rock: :excited: :huglove: :huglove: :rose: :couple:

shnnrc01
04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
youre #1 girl!!!

namelessnpoor
04-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Finally decided on bringing my Gunslinger and Carrie 1st editions, bringing along a coupe extras, just in case. Not going to try and force anything but just want to be prepared if the opportunity arises.

Managed to get an ARC of Caretakers, also ordered a 1st edition caretakers off of ABE almost 2 weeks ago, and got no response at all from the seller and never got the book, so i canceled it. Picked up a copy of Candles Burning todat though at the local Barnes and Noble, in the bargain bin for $7, its 4th printing but better than nothing.

As for Owen i have nothing to get signed, only thing i can think of is getting him to sign one his Dads books. The one that is deidcated to him by his dad.
I know i have seen this dedication but can't remember which book it is.

So 2 questions, which book is it that is dedicated to Owen ? and is this is a good or bad idea? I don't want to insult him or have bad book reading event etiquette. I have never attended such an event. I just couldn't get a hold of a copy of his book, no one had any and it would take tolong to order one in.
thanks

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2008, 07:59 AM
As for Owen i have nothing to get signed, only thing i can think of is getting him to sign one his Dads books. The one that is deidcated to him by his dad.

The Dead Zone is dedicated to Owen.
The Shining to Joe Hill
Salem's Lot to Naomi Racheal

namelessnpoor
04-04-2008, 08:15 AM

The Shining to Joe Hill

Do you think it is wrong to have him sign that? insulting? bad etiquette?

Anybody whos going tonight have an extra Owen book (2 preferrably) they would want to sell me when they get there?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2008, 08:27 AM

Its probably bad etiquette. But everyone knows that the children of famous people mainly ride on their parents coat-tails.

If you cannot get one of Owen's books, get him to sign the poem, "For Owen" in "Skeleton Crew". At least his name is there and there is lots of space for him to write something.

namelessnpoor
04-04-2008, 08:36 AM

Its probably bad etiquette. But everyone knows that the children of famous people mainly ride on their parents coat-tails.

If you cannot get one of Owen's books, get him to sign the poem, "For Owen" in "Skeleton Crew". At least his name is there and there is lots of space for him to write something.

Good Idea ! hadn't thought about that, hadn't actually remembered that poem ! thanks !

EXPLORER
04-04-2008, 09:46 AM

The Shining to Joe Hill

Anybody whos going tonight have an extra Owen book (2 preferrably) they would want to sell me when they get there?

FYI: I DO NOT KNOW OF PROPER ETIQUETTE HOWEVER I SAW JOE HILL REFUSE TO SIGN A BOOK DAD DEICATED TO HIM A COUPLE WEEKS AGO AT Fort Myers Reading Festival

namelessnpoor
04-04-2008, 10:06 AM

The Shining to Joe Hill

FYI: I DO NOT KNOW OF PROPER ETIQUETTE HOWEVER I SAW JOE HILL REFUSE TO SIGN A BOOK DAD DEICATED TO HIM A COUPLE WEEKS AGO AT Fort Myers Reading Festival

I will keep that in mind, i kind of thought it seemed a bit wrong but wanted some opinions on it.
thanks

goheat
04-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Have a wonderful time at the Three Kings event, friends, as I'm sure you will. I hope you all get a chance to meet each other before or after. Wish I could join you.

:)

I second that! Please post pics, signatures, etcetera upon your return! :thumbsup:

Patrick
04-04-2008, 01:55 PM

The Shining to Joe Hill

FYI: I DO NOT KNOW OF PROPER ETIQUETTE HOWEVER I SAW JOE HILL REFUSE TO SIGN A BOOK DAD DEICATED TO HIM A COUPLE WEEKS AGO AT Fort Myers Reading Festival Maybe the best way around that issue would be if you ask both father and son sign the book together at the same event - then I'd think the son would be more likely to go along. Thing is, you'd have to want a signed Dead Zone more than one of the other two books.

tippy4
04-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Well....I believe the event is in progress right now.

Lucky bastards!

I want reports!

I want pictures!

Go on....it is ok to gloat!

Patrick
04-04-2008, 10:10 PM
It's just after 2am on the east coast and there's been no report. King must have invited them all back to his hotel suite and they're still partying.

Brice
04-05-2008, 04:58 AM
It's just after 2am on the east coast and there's been no report. King must have invited them all back to his hotel suite and they're still partying.

He's signing their entire collections also.

EXPLORER
04-05-2008, 06:42 AM
And how did all you fortunate fellowship fare at the foray?
Find favour frequenting the fine festivities?
Tell the taless!

Randall Flagg
04-05-2008, 06:45 AM
<-----Sitting here, green with envy, and now impatiantly tapping toes, waiting to hear about the event.
http://www.blackliving.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/envious.gif (javascript:add_smilie()

Nerak
04-05-2008, 07:10 AM
they are all still sleeping....WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick
04-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Maybe they're all still waiting in line to get their books signed.

CRinVA
04-05-2008, 07:51 AM
I posted in The Three Kings thread in the news section! Feel free to move it here if this is where it belongs! :)

Patrick
04-05-2008, 07:54 AM
:excited:

Feel free to copy your post in here too, Bob, if you feel like it. With a huge event like this, we don't mind the duplication. However it might be easier to put all the stories in one place in that thread...

CRinVA
04-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I'll leve it there and hopefully others will follow suit! And again I had a great time and as an added bonus got to spend some quality time with my 24 yr old daughter Erin - haven't done that in a long time as she is a school teacher and lives a few hours away!

Patrick
04-05-2008, 08:21 AM
I commented on your evening in the other thread, but I'm glad you got some family time in as well.

Now how long are you going to make us wait before you post pictures of your newly signed books in the Pride & Joy thread? :D

namelessnpoor
04-05-2008, 10:07 AM
heres my report on the reading. It was the first time i had been to one and it was not bad at all. Tabitha and Owen are both quite funny, she read parts from a brand new book she is still working on called The Potters Rib Owen read from a short stort recently published in a magazine (i think), can't quite remember the name so i won't try and butcher it. King read from Duma key he read the story of Wireman telling Edgar about his wife and kid and how he tried to kill himself.
I enjoyed myself, it was a nice evening. I managed to get 2 copies of Owens book, they had them for sale there, some of them already signed, i got Candles Burning and an ARC copy of Caretakers signed by Tabitha and for Stephen my First editions of Carrie and The Gunslinger are now signed !!!!
Overall it was not a bad evening at all, not sure howmany pictures will be posted as, there were no pictures aloowed during the reading or reception. There were photographers there but not sure what or who they were taking pictures for.
Maybe someone else was able to sneak a few pics !!
If nothig else i got see him in personand have my book signed, not sure i will ever get the chance to do that again. !!! Plus i got to meet a few of the people from here !

CRinVA
04-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I commented on your evening in the other thread, but I'm glad you got some family time in as well.

Now how long are you going to make us wait before you post pictures of your newly signed books in the Pride & Joy thread? :D

I'll try to get pics up by tomorrow! :)

Ricky
04-05-2008, 10:18 AM
I also posted my report in the Three Kings thread.

Patrick
04-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks, Rusty and Rick, for telling us about your experiences.

We would love to see pics of your signed books in the Pride & Joy thread. :)

wizardsrainbow
04-05-2008, 12:51 PM
This has to be VERY short...sorry, more later.

Six hour drive but arrived 90 minytes ahead of event. Got in line and saw Bob right away and Dave (oy-the-brave), Spencer was there and our very own Matt! My son & I sat with Matt and his wife during the reading. We were next to last row so first ones out after the reading. My son was # 2 and I #3 in line for the signing. 450 people there, so line was long. Matt and his wife were #4 and 5 in line.

I got my UK ARCs of Wolves and SoS signed so now I have a UK set of V-VII ARCs signed. Was not able to get Tabitha to sign the SoS even though it was dedicated to her.

King told me he loved Whelan's artwork for the upcoming Little Sisters/Gunslinger but said only that the book was "close."

Will give more details later. Drove straight back home arrived at 3:30am.

CRinVA
04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Dave, I was looking for you guys and never did look at the back of the church! I am glad to hear that Matt and Dora were right behind you guys and got signed books, knowing that they had to be at Union Stations befoer 10:30pm! Awesome! I think we were about 100 or more people back in line for the signing!

Patrick
04-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Happy to hear from you, Wiz! Nice job getting front of the line. :) Looking forward to hearing from Matt and O-T-B/Dave.

Nerak
04-05-2008, 04:19 PM
I am green with envy!

jhanic
04-05-2008, 05:27 PM
This has to be VERY short...sorry, more later.

I got my UK ARCs of Wolves and SoS signed so now I have a UK set of V-VII ARCs signed.

Congratulations, David. That's the only set I know of that's signed!

John

Matt
04-06-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm posting everywhere :nana: This was the coolest thing I have ever done in my life.

After doing the monuments and museums all day (lugging books cause I had to bring them), my wife and I were pretty beat. We showed up around 6PM when only 20 or so people were there. It was very cool hanging out and talking with everyone in our little crowed there.

The deal with the train was bad because we were worried there simply wouldn't be time. I was glad it worked out the way it did even though I had to leave the church quick and sit in the back.

These are the books I got signed--I will post pics later.

My AE of DTVII--Kings sigs is across from Whelan's, my pride and joy..the crown jewel of my collection--I wish I could sleep with it book. Not sure what the kids will do with it so they might as well bury it with me. :lol:

Blaze is signed and I'm sending that back to Tippy4 (we worked out a little thing). It was snug in bubble wrap in my backback all day, lightest book I took.

Two copies of Candles Burning in hardback I was able to find. One is Dora's (she loved Tabby), the other I am sending to Jerome.

I was able to buy two copies of "We're all in this together" that were already signed at the church during the reading. Very cool. One of those is going on the giveaway list. :nana:

Amazing time--more to come.

Ricky
04-06-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm posting everywhere :nana: This was the coolest thing I have ever done in my life.

You said it! :excited:

When Mr. King signed my copy of The Stand, he crossed out his name and then signed above where he crossed out. Any idea why he did that? It left me a little confused.

Brice
04-06-2008, 07:38 AM
He does that alot on books he signs.

Patrick
04-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Glad you and Dora had a wonderful time, Matt! :dance:

Ricky
04-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Any idea as to why he does it? My mom asked him why he did that and he replied by saying something like, "that's old" or "it's old". Out of the people I was with, he didn't do that on anyone else's.

I was too stunned being right in front of him to ask him why. :)

Brice
04-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Personally, I have no idea as to why he does it.

Ricky
04-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Man, I wished I would have asked! The moment just went by to quick!

Matt
04-06-2008, 08:23 AM
I did notice that Owen did the same thing in his books. David told me it was very common for SK to do it as well.

His name wasn't on the page he signed for me in DTVII and he signed Blaze "Stephen King (aka Richard Bachman)"

Just like that :excited:

Tabby was the only one that dated I think

Sir_Boomme
04-06-2008, 08:29 AM
dam i'm jealous.... again...king never comes to texas... waaaah!
guess one of these days... when i actually find time... i need to schedule a vacation around one of these rare signings.

i wish i had realized you were going wiz. i would have asked ya if i could send you my copy of the drum (with "code named mousetrap" ) to get signed for me.
it's my first choice for getting a signature out of everything i own.
bob? hutch? etc.? do you guys own signed copies of this one?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7641/drum004ee5.jpg

Ricky
04-06-2008, 08:45 AM
That's awesome Matt! Stephen King and Richard Bachman signatures!

carlosdetweiller
04-06-2008, 09:39 AM
i wish i had realized you were going wiz. i would have asked ya if i could send you my copy of the drum (with "code named mousetrap" ) to get signed for me.
it's my first choice for getting a signature out of everything i own.
bob? hutch? etc.? do you guys own signed copies of this one?

No, I don't.

Ari_Racing
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
dam i'm jealous.... again...king never comes to texas... waaaah!

LOL....think about the good things. King might visit Texas some day or go near it....As for me, I can forget about that. There are a lot more chances you get to see King than me :)

oy-the-brave
04-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I can't really add much, Bob, Spencer and David described the event really well. I made the mistake of getting seperated from the group and getting a seat closer to the front (2 or 3 rows behind Spencer). Wish I had hung back with Matt and David so we could have talked more. I was a bit out of it because of lack of sleep due to the overnight flight.

It was great though to meet Matt and Bob and to see David and Spencer again:)

I knew Stephen was a great reader but was surprised at how much I enjoyed Owens story and his reading of it, I enjoyed the whole reading a lot. The signing went OK, I had Tabitha sign Candles Burning (which she signed and dated) told her I enjoyed her reading and was looking forward to reading Candles Burning, Owen signed We're all in This Together (crossed out his name and signed under it), told him I read the title story on the way out and enjoyed it a lot, they both responded by thanking me. Unfortunately the guy giving the books to Stephen passed my book a second after the guy who passed in front of me because he had nothing for Tabitha or Owen to sign, so Stephen did not even look up at me.

Well I did get my Gunslinger first signed:drool:

Bev Vincent
04-07-2008, 06:49 AM
That cross-through is an oddity that some authors do, though I've never heard of a good explanation for why it's done.

Rahfa
04-07-2008, 07:12 AM
That cross-through is an oddity that some authors do, though I've never heard of a good explanation for why it's done.

It's a pretension (not in a bad way)...a writing professor of mine did it, and it was his way of "validating" the book by crossing off the printed version of his name, and handwriting it...in effect replacing the credit with his own handwriting, you know?

Plus, he thought it was literally neater to do it that way than have some random signature floating on the page somewhere.

wizardsrainbow
04-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I will have to post pics of my books when I can. Today is the first day in our new office space and I may have to do all the picture posting from home which is not good, cause I have little if any time at home to devote to this site due to family busy-ness. Because of security, I cannot install camera software on my PC at work and only got it at my old office "cause I conned the IT guy into believing that I had to send photos of the team to Zurich.

Bev! I totally did not get to say hi to you Friday night. I saw you in line well ahead of me at the church but never got close to speak to you.

And Mr. Ink-
Where were you? I have no idea what you look like and tried to decribe myself a bit. Were you there? What did you get signed? And you Bev? what did you get signed?

Not much more for me to add. It was a great experience, worth the 6 hour drive each way. I feltt pretty good that I got to ask King 2 questions and have him respond, although he was already looking down the line as he answered about the timing of the Little Sisters/Gunslinger book. My son was pretty star struck and only thanked him for writing great books. I was impressed that he was not tongue-tied! And, I was SO SO SO SO glad that Stephen did not read Lardass Hogan again. It is a fabulous story, but I had already heard it twice before (Wavedancer benefit in Feb 2002 and at Harry, Carrie & Garp events). His choice of passage from Duma Key was outstanding and it was just too cool to hear his voice inflections as he was "doing" Wireman.

Thanks muchachos!

Bev Vincent
04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I took a French copy of Pearl (Chaleurs) for Tabby, a copy of Owen's chapbook from One Story and my copy of Dark Dreamers for Steve. That's my "autograph book" and I've always meant to get him to sign his picture but I've never remembered to take it along with me until now. I have about half of the featured personalities' signatures.

Mr. Ink
04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I will have to post pics of my books when I can. Today is the first day in our new office space and I may have to do all the picture posting from home which is not good, cause I have little if any time at home to devote to this site due to family busy-ness. Because of security, I cannot install camera software on my PC at work and only got it at my old office "cause I conned the IT guy into believing that I had to send photos of the team to Zurich.

Bev! I totally did not get to say hi to you Friday night. I saw you in line well ahead of me at the church but never got close to speak to you.

And Mr. Ink-
Where were you? I have no idea what you look like and tried to decribe myself a bit. Were you there? What did you get signed? And you Bev? what did you get signed?

Not much more for me to add. It was a great experience, worth the 6 hour drive each way. I feltt pretty good that I got to ask King 2 questions and have him respond, although he was already looking down the line as he answered about the timing of the Little Sisters/Gunslinger book. My son was pretty star struck and only thanked him for writing great books. I was impressed that he was not tongue-tied! And, I was SO SO SO SO glad that Stephen did not read Lardass Hogan again. It is a fabulous story, but I had already heard it twice before (Wavedancer benefit in Feb 2002 and at Harry, Carrie & Garp events). His choice of passage from Duma Key was outstanding and it was just too cool to hear his voice inflections as he was "doing" Wireman.

Thanks muchachos!

Hi Wiz,
I did see you in line before the event as you and your son were on the steps about to enter the church and I thought I'd try to catch you during the reception, but you were gone by the time the reception began. (I was towards the front of the signing line, bottom of the steps, while you were almost first!) I was able to get my Gunslinger and AE DT5 signed so I was happy. Maybe at the next signing...

Matt
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
He was really trying to help my wife and I out by getting through quick.

namelessnpoor
04-07-2008, 12:41 PM
For anyone who is interested, in Todays Washigton Post there is write up about "The 3 Kings" event in DC. It is more about their visiting the library of congress in the mornig but it mentions the reading towards the end. I thought it was an interesting little article. No tot mention its neat to read about an even you attended.
I believeit was in the Style section of the paper

Got to meet Matt and Wiz and his son. I was sitting right in frontof them at the reading. I was about 10th or so in line for the signing, they were quicker on the draw to get in line !!! but i got my Carrie and Gunslinger 1sts signed !

Matt
04-07-2008, 12:53 PM
That was you! It was so hard to match folks up with their signon's.

Great to meet you man, we did go out very quick.

Patrick
04-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Great to hear from you Wiz, OTB, and Rusty.

Congrats to all of you who got your Gunslinger 1st's signed.

wizardsrainbow
04-08-2008, 06:43 AM
For anyone who is interested, in Todays Washigton Post there is write up about "The 3 Kings" event in DC. It is more about their visiting the library of congress in the mornig but it mentions the reading towards the end. I thought it was an interesting little article. No tot mention its neat to read about an even you attended.
I believeit was in the Style section of the paper

Got to meet Matt and Wiz and his son. I was sitting right in frontof them at the reading. I was about 10th or so in line for the signing, they were quicker on the draw to get in line !!! but i got my Carrie and Gunslinger 1sts signed !

That was you:o :doh: Way cool.

idlewarnings
04-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm a little late with my report from the reading. I just got back from DC this afternoon.

My best friend L. went with me to the reading. The only person I recognized from here was Wiz--across the aisle and a row behind us.

Tabby was pretty funny. Her stuff sounded very first draft...pages and pages of setting and room description and very little dialogue or actual story. I thought Owen's story was great. Hearing and seeing King in person was a lifelong dream come true for me.

Stephen told me a joke while he signed my book. He said, "So Charlie Manson's in Frisco prison, right?" (I thought he was asking me a question and was so dumbstruck all I could do was smile and nod.) "He's out in the yard for his hour of exercise and he calls a guard over and says, 'Is it hot out here or am I just crazy?'"

Ba dum bump.

I couldn't believe Stephen King was actually talking to me so I just stood there like an idiot and then laughed. Then he handed me my book and I said thanks. L. was ahead of me and he had been complaining to her about signing with a Sharpie--how it was scratchy and the ink didn't dry right away--and he held the cover of my Gunslinger open while he told the joke. Maybe he was waiting for the ink to dry. I don't know and I don't care. Stephen King told me a joke. We had a moment. :)

My only regret is that I have no photos from the event. But I do have 2 ticket stubs, a program, 4 signed books, and I got to share the experience of a lifetime with my oldest friend. No complaints here.

(BTW, on Sunday I paid L. back for going to the reading and getting a book signed for me. I got up at 600A and held her stuff and stood in the freezing rain and cheered for her while she ran the 10-mile Cherry Blossom Race. I think we're even.)

Matt
04-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Great story!

I was sitting next to Wiz with my wife in the back, wish we would have had the chance to chat a bit.

Nerak
04-08-2008, 03:58 PM
still green with envy

Ricky
04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Stephen told me a joke while he signed my book. He said, "So Charlie Manson's in Frisco prison, right?" "He's out in the yard for his hour of exercise and he calls a guard over and says, 'Is it hot out here or am I just crazy?'"

My only regret is that I have no photos from the event.
even.)

That joke it hilarious! Now is the fist time that I heard it. In a way, I'm glad he didn't tell it to me because I would have started laughing histarically and probably escourted from the building. ><

That's probably my only regret too - no pictures. I would have liked a photo or two to remember it by for when I'm 95 years old with a heart condition. :beat:

Matt
04-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I was kicking myself for not calling everyone together for a group one on the stairs. :cyclops:

I didn't get one pic with David or anything. :(

But I was pissed because the museum broke my camera, that probably had something to do with it.

Ricky
04-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Tell me about it! I was right next to you and the thought never even crossed my mind to take a pic with you. I wish I would of asked SK if he would mind if I took a pic of him too. I'm sure he wouldn't have minded if I had asked.

Where's a time machine when you need one?

Patrick
04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Great story, idle! And good for you for supporting your friend bright and early the next morning too. :thumbsup:

wizardsrainbow
04-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Great story, idle! And good for you for supporting your friend bright and early the next morning too. :thumbsup:

Yes, but you have to know that Patrick is a runner, so he would expect that!

Patrick
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Great story, idle! And good for you for supporting your friend bright and early the next morning too. :thumbsup:Yes, but you have to know that Patrick is a runner, so he would expect that!:lol: Nah, nobody gets up early for me.

You're the 5K King (or the 5K Wiz), so you probably have a whole cheering section.

Ari_Racing
04-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Hello.

I thought it'd be a good idea to post appearances & signings of different authors here. Mods please feel free to move this post.

Here's the schedule for Berni Wrightson:

Fangoria -- April 25 - 27 (confirmed)
Los Angeles Convention Center
Los Angeles, California

Motor City Comic-Con -- May 16-18 (confirmed)
Rock Financial Showplace
Novi, Michigan

Big Apple Con -- Jun 7-8 (tentative)
Penn Plaza Pavilion
New York City, New York

Convergence -- July 3-6 (confirmed)
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel
Minneapolis, Minnesota

WonderFest -- July 19-20 (confirmed)
Executive West Hotel
Louisville, Kentucky

Comic-Con International -- July 23-27 (confirmed)
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, California

Dragon*Con -- August 29 - September 1 (now confirmed!)
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia

Baltimore Comic-Con -- September 27-28 (confirmed)
Baltimore Convention Center
Baltimore, Maryland

Mid-Ohio Con -- October 4-5 (tentative)
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, Ohio

Best!

jhanic
04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
I may be able to attend the one in Columbus, Ohio if it does happen. It's only about an hour and a half drive for me!

John

Nerak
04-23-2008, 08:46 AM
I may be able to attend the one in Columbus, Ohio if it does happen. It's only about an hour and a half drive for me!

John

If that happens, can I send you a book to get signed for me? pwease?

namelessnpoor
04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I think i will try and get to the Baltimore one, see if i can't get a few thing signed by Berni, maybe my Cycle of the Werewolf and a some others.
I live in Annapolis so geting to Baltimore should be no problem !

Chooch
04-24-2008, 06:52 AM
I am going to the Novi May 16-18 for Bernie W. If anyone wants a sig let me know

Patrick
04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
I believe Joe Hill will also be at Comic-Con in San Diego. Wish I could make that one.

EDIT: We do have an existing thread on the topic of upcoming appearances, so I'm going to merge the two. Thanks. :)

dmcom
05-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone, just a quick note to let everyone know that Joe Hill will be appearing at the Granite State Comicon at the Center of New Hampshire in Manchester, NH on May 18th. As far as I can tell this is only one of the comic conventions Joe is doing this year so this is a great chance to meet Joe and get your copies of Locke & Key signed!

In addition to Joe we also have several guest artists including Green Lantern's Ethan Van Sciver (who will be sketching for FREE), The Flash's Scott Kolins, Incredible Hercules' Khoi Pham and many others! There will be comic dealers coming in from all over New England, anime screenings, video game tournaments and more! Plus you can get your picture taken with your favorite Star Wars characters including Jabba the Hutt!

Admission is just $6 for adults, kids under 10 get in Free! Everyone that enters will be included in our hourly raffles for movie passes, Iron Man goodies, gift certificates and more! Plus be sure to check out the awesome freebie table! Parking on the streets of Manchester is free! The doors open at 10am and stay open until 4pm. The Radisson Center of New Hampshire is located at 700 Elm Street in the heart of downtown Manchester. For all the latest details check out www.granitecon.com. We hope to see you there!!!

Randall Flagg
05-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the info.
I can't attend, but this sounds like a great event.

Wuducynn
05-07-2008, 06:09 PM
I live right near there, I might just check it out.

Ari_Racing
06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Anyone attended any of Berni's signings so far?

wizardsrainbow
06-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Anyone attended any of Berni's signings so far?

Ari-

Remind us of where he is going to be and when. I thought I put a signing in my calendar at work but I do not see it. A refresh on this news will be welcomed.

Ari_Racing
06-25-2008, 06:50 AM
Sure!

Here they are:

Here's the schedule for Berni Wrightson:

Fangoria -- April 25 - 27 (confirmed)
Los Angeles Convention Center
Los Angeles, California

Motor City Comic-Con -- May 16-18 (confirmed)
Rock Financial Showplace
Novi, Michigan

Big Apple Con -- Jun 7-8 (tentative)
Penn Plaza Pavilion
New York City, New York

Convergence -- July 3-6 (confirmed)
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel
Minneapolis, Minnesota

WonderFest -- July 19-20 (confirmed)
Executive West Hotel
Louisville, Kentucky

Comic-Con International -- July 23-27 (confirmed)
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, California

Dragon*Con -- August 29 - September 1 (now confirmed!)
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia

Baltimore Comic-Con -- September 27-28 (confirmed)
Baltimore Convention Center
Baltimore, Maryland

Mid-Ohio Con -- October 4-5 (tentative)
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, Ohio

wizardsrainbow
06-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Crapola-
If he was at the NYC Con I sure missed him. :doh: I thought for sure it was in my calendar!

Thanks for the post though Ari

Erin
06-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Awesome! He'll be at DragonCon. I'll be there. :rock:

Thanks Ari for the dates. :D

jhanic
06-25-2008, 07:55 AM
I still plan on going to the Mid-Ohio Con if he's going to be there. Is there somewhere I can check when and if he will decide whether or not to attend?

John

Ari_Racing
06-25-2008, 08:04 AM
www.wrightsonart.com :)

jhanic
06-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks, Ari!

John

wizardsrainbow
07-10-2008, 07:29 AM
****STEPHEN KING SIGNING UPDATE*****

As many of you do not venture out of the Collectors area, you might not have seen this on another part of the site.

Stephen King is planning to do a book signing (2 books allowed) on Thursday November 6th somewhere in Massachusetts. A venue and time has not yet been announced, but the info comes from the www.Stephenking.com website.

Nerak
07-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I still plan on going to the Mid-Ohio Con if he's going to be there. Is there somewhere I can check when and if he will decide whether or not to attend?

John

Don't forget me!!!! :D

Now, I will just have to find my book that I want signed! :doh: LOL

wizardsrainbow
07-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Karen- (off topic) The Sox KICKED ASS yesterday against the Twins!

Brice
07-10-2008, 09:00 AM

Isn't the Red Sox winning ALWAYS on topic. :D

wizardsrainbow
07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
So says the former Boston resident! Yes, SOX RULE!:rock:

Pasiuk57
07-10-2008, 09:35 AM
It was painful to watch!
I though teh Twins should have won on Monday for sure with bases loaded in the 8th and on out in a 0:0 game and blew than chance and then on Tuesday left more runners stranded and then yesterday in the 7th inning they got trashed! AND the Twins have been real hot of late...Good thing they play 160+ games!

Randall Flagg
07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Sorry, but as a left coast guy, an A's fan, a Boston hater, and Manager here, I have to warn you people about off topic posts:pullhair:

Ari_Racing
07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
By the way.

I saw that the Red Sox play on August 1st in Boston. I plan to attend.
Can I purchase the tickets directly that day or do I have to buy them before?

Thanks!

Randall Flagg
07-10-2008, 02:30 PM
By the way.

I saw that the Red Sox play on August 1st in Boston. I plan to attend.
Can I purchase the tickets directly that day or do I have to buy them before?

Thanks!
The Red Sox (to my knowledge) are sold out well in advance. Any tickets you want now would come from a 3rd party-and by the way will not be cheap.
Your best hope is for someone here to point you to a "friend" who won't charge you an exhorbitant price.
At Stubhub (http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-sox-tickets/red-sox-vs-athletics-8-1-2008-517779/)tickets (Standing Room Only) start at ~$50. From what I saw decent "seats" will be >$100 each.

Nerak
07-10-2008, 03:14 PM

HOLY CRAP!!! That was more than kicking ass, that was stomping, kicking and burring them!!! LOL 18 - 5!!!!! Way to go, boys!!!!

Ari, HA HA HA, you are too funny! Red Sox Nation is one of the most faithful group of fans anywhere! If the Sox are in town, chances are, they are sold out.

wizardsrainbow
07-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Last off-topic post (ok, let's make it a hybrid)

First, Ari, the Red Sox games in Boston have been a sellout in EVERY instance since May 2003. Jerome is right, you have to find a third party to score a ticket. And Jerome, as you are a Sox hater, how are we EVER going to get past that in Vegas, huh? I might as well not go now. LOL

Back on topic for the upcoming book signing...

I wonder what type of event King will do. I doubt that he just shows up somewhere to sign books. There must be an event somewhere he is attaching himself to. Now, assuming I can score entry to the event, a 2-book limit means that if I take my son again I can get 4 books signed. :drool: <Wiz begins to contemplate the possibilities>

Nerak
07-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I am hoping to take hubby and get four signed too. Of course, two of those will probably have to be the new release....dammit. So then I would have to decide what other two to get....decisions decisions

Then, I would have to find them in storage! :lol:

Ari_Racing
07-11-2008, 06:45 AM
If anyone is selling one of the repeated signed new release (I asume it will be Just past Sunset, could please let me know?
THANKS!!

Ricky
07-11-2008, 07:06 AM

I wonder what type of event King will do. I doubt that he just shows up somewhere to sign books. There must be an event somewhere he is attaching himself to. Now, assuming I can score entry to the event, a 2-book limit means that if I take my son again I can get 4 books signed. :drool: <Wiz begins to contemplate the possibilities>

As for the actual event, it'll probably be like the DC reading. Pen/Faulker booked him to do the high school reading and the church reading/signing to end out the 2008 season.

Don't give your hopes up on the two book limit. Months before the DC event, I inquired about how many books we could bring. The Folger rep. said no more than two. When the event started to draw closer, they stated that it was only one (and no personalizations).

Just goes to show you how things can change in the upcoming months.

wizardsrainbow
07-11-2008, 09:23 AM

As for the actual event, it'll probably be like the DC reading. Pen/Faulker booked him to do the high school reading and the church reading/signing to end out the 2008 season.

Don't give your hopes up on the two book limit. Months before the DC event, I inquired about how many books we could bring. The Folger rep. said no more than two. When the event started to draw closer, they stated that it was only one (and no personalizations).

Just goes to show you how things can change in the upcoming months.

Ricky-
Points well taken. Not banking on anything just yet....just dreamin' which is still allowed.

Nerak
07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Dreamin BIG BIG!!!! :D

Sam
07-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Awesome! He'll be at DragonCon. I'll be there. :rock:

Thanks Ari for the dates. :D

If you've never been to the Dragon*Con, you're in for a hell of a treat. Take plenty of energy drinks, lots of liquor, and an empty suitcase to carry back all the free crap and the stuff you're likely to buy in the dealer's room. If you've ever been before, you know this already and have had the stuff waiting for the next trip since the last one. Have fun, I wish I was going too.

Ricky
07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Ricky-
Points well taken. Not banking on anything just yet....just dreamin' which is still allowed.

Dreaming is still allowed even after they tell you no. :thumbsup:

Nerak
07-16-2008, 08:50 AM
For the Eastcoasters:

Kelly Braffet, Owen King and David Yoo for the collection "Who Can Save us Now" http://www.amazon.com/Who-Can-Save-Now-Superheroes/dp/1416566449/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214532407&sr=8-1

All of these prominently feature Owen and Kelly except for the one in Portsmouth, which also prominently features David Yoo.

August 28, 2008
Riverrun Books
Portsmouth, NH
7 PM

September 5, 2008
One Story Reading Series
Pianos
New York, NY
7 PM(ish)

September 9, 2008
Newtonville Books
Newton, MA
Time TBA

I will be going to the Portsmouth one. Need to find my Braffet books. Have a month to do it! LOL

oy-the-brave
08-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Thought I would mention here Owen has a new book out, here is the description:

Twenty-two of today's most talented writers (and comics fans) unite in Who Can Save Us Now?, an anthology featuring brand-new superheroes equipped for the threats and challenges of the twenty-first century -- with a few supervillains thrown in for good measure. Edited and with contributions by Owen King (We're All in This Together) and John McNally (America's Report Card), Who Can Save Us Now? enriches the superhero canon immeasurably.

It sounds like a fun book, there is a signing at River Run Books in Portsmouth NH I think on the 28th. The store is more than happy to take an order (personalized or not) and ship call them at 603 431-2100

website http://www.riverrunbookstore.com/

Nerak
08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I am hoping to make it...crap, need to find a babysitter :( And my other two Braffett books...in mucho storage! shrugs, well, mayhap not the two I already own! LOL

Darkthoughts
09-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Just got my ticket for the Neil Gaiman talk and signing on Halloween at the LSE (London School of Economics), tickets available through Blackwells bookshops.

Anyone else going?

Patrick
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Just got my ticket for the Neil Gaiman talk and signing on Halloween at the LSE (London School of Economics), tickets available through Blackwells bookshops.

Anyone else going?
No, but could you get me a signed book? Pretty please? :unsure:

Brice
09-12-2008, 01:14 AM

Anyone else going?

Of course...just go ahead and send my plane ticket. ;)

Nerak
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I would love love love to go to that, but, alas, it's on the wrong side of the pond.

But I am going to two of these:

Joe Hill Appearances:

Saturday September 13th, 2008
BANGPOP!
Bangor, Me.
Early Afternoon

Wednesday, October 1st, 2008
Water Street Books
7 - 8 PM
Signing (but not a reading)
Watch the blog for more info on this one.

Saturday, October 25th, 2008
River Run Books
Portsmouth Literary Festival
Portsmouth, NH
Singing & Reading

Tuesday, October 28th, 2008
Borders Books
South Portland, ME
Signing & Reading

Friday, Oct. 31st, 2008
Jabberwocky Books
Newburyport, MA
Signing & reading

I am going to the purple ones. And before anyone asks. I have a TON TON TON of stuff that I need to get signed for people. Joe has been so busy this summer that I haven't been able to fulfill my promises. So, I must go to book signings like "normal people"! :LOL:

I will tell you that I saw him today and he shaved....doesn't look like him! LOL I kinda wish I had my camera with me! :lol:

Patrick
09-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I posted in the Collectible Hill thread too, Karen, enjoy yourself! And take your camera. :lol:

shnnrc01
09-12-2008, 11:41 PM
ha,joe probably looks likes hes 7!! enjoy,karen.

tippy4
09-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Went to see Dean Koontz yesterday at Canine Companions in Oceanside, California. He was signing copies of Bliss to You by Dean and Trixie Koontz. It was a loooong wait. Six and a half hours. Got to give Dean credit...he stayed until evey book was signed.

Patrick
09-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Gotta be impressed with authors that do that. :thumbsup:

tippy4
09-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I have mixed feelings with the way it was handled. Dean was actually TOO NICE. Meaning he was chatty, posed for pictures, inscribed books, and there was no limit to the number you could buy. Additionally, you could bring two books from home to have signed.

They handed out numbers, and I was #243. Dean started speaking at 11:00 and then started signing at 11:30, and got to me at 5:30. I would say more than 100 people just gave up and left.

It would have been great if he had just pre-signed 200 books, and had a seperate line for those who just wanted to buy a signed book. Kind of like having an "express line". Then, the wait would have been a lot less for those who wanted an inscribed book, or those who had brought a book from home to be signed.

Click Here To See a Picture of Dean Koontz (http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8425/picture062xo7.jpg)

P.S. If anyone wants a copy, I would sell one for $38 shipped.

Brice
09-21-2008, 04:46 PM
6 and a half hours??? Did someone tell these people it was a Dean Koontz signing...and NOT Stephen King? :cyclops:

Randall Flagg
02-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Jimmy Carter will be signing his new book: We Can Have Peace in the Holy Land, OnThursday February 12th, 2009, in Corte Madera (Near me).
Questions:

Is anyone here interested in buying a signed copy of the book?
I have a S/L 'Signatures' by Lord John Press. Gerald Ford signed the book as well as Stephen King and many others. The original intent of the book was that people would obtain additional signatures-as such there are several blank pages left for that purpose. Should I (if possible), have Jimmy Carter sign the book?

I will merge this after 2/12 into the Signings thread.

Patrick
02-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey Jerome, I'd be interested in a signed 1st/1st. :)

Regarding the 'Signatures', I don't know what it means from a value perspective, but it would be cool to have more than one President's signature in the same book.

NeedfulKings
02-08-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't know how many you're willing to purchase and mail, but we'd love a copy as well. I'll flip you a P.M. regarding price, etc.

Edited to add: I do think Carter's sig in your Signatures book would enhance the value. Do it.

Patrick
02-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Please let me know the same basic info you send Bill. Thanks, Jerome.

If he's inscribing, all the better!

NeedfulKings
02-08-2009, 02:40 PM
If he's inscribing, all the better!

:D I mentioned that in my PM to him. Great minds think alike, huh? :thumbsup:

tippy4
02-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Put me down for one! (PM sent).

I am torn on your question whether to have him sign your SIGNATURES or not.

On the one hand, the book is designed to receive additional signatures...and hey...a former U.S. President is a pretty impressive signature to obtain.

On the other hand, you would be "altering" a signed limited....and to me that is wrong.

Tough call.

Sam
02-08-2009, 03:42 PM
I would say that adding Carter's signature will add some value to the book since it IS a book of signatures, but it will not add much. Carter has been very free with his signature over the years and it is fairly common. However, how many people own a book, any book with the signatures of TWO former presidents? I say do it.

Sir_Boomme
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
i know i'd love to have one... but you may already have a full plate if sigs to get.

i have signed LBJ, ford, nixon, bush1, clinton, hillary and would love to add any old/new presidents to my collection (even an obama ha ha)

let me know in case you still have any spots left to get a carter copy from ya.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
02-08-2009, 06:29 PM
I would also love to get a copy, let me know if you have any available.

oy-the-brave
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Jerome I would like one too, if you can get one of the current book(I do have 3 of his books signed so put me at the back of the line).

I was going to a signing a few years ago in CA when something happened and ruined my plans. Unknown to me my Mother went, it was a real long line but went pretty quick (she was towards the back and it was 2 hours), she got 3 different books signed for me and a few signed for others, I think she was allowed to get 10. No personalization, no pics. Lots of secret service:shoot:

I would get "Signatures" signed if they allow it.

Randall Flagg
02-09-2009, 06:57 AM
I am going to double check as to whether the books are 1st/1st's, flatsigned, or inscription available. I'll advise later today.

Matt
02-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Sounds like a great response to this, very cool for doing it Jerome. :clap:

carlosdetweiller
02-09-2009, 07:31 AM
If I brought a copy of this book do you think he would sign it?

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1226463573&searchurl=bi%3D0%26bx%3Doff%26ds%3D30%26sortby%3D2 %26sts%3Dt%26tn%3D1980%2Bolympic%2Bboycott%26x%3D0 %26y%3D0

That is really about the only thing I remember about his short stay in the White House.

Randall Flagg
02-09-2009, 01:23 PM
If I brought a copy of this book do you think he would sign it?

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1226463573&searchurl=bi%3D0%26bx%3Doff%26ds%3D30%26sortby%3D2 %26sts%3Dt%26tn%3D1980%2Bolympic%2Bboycott%26x%3D0 %26y%3D0

That is really about the only thing I remember about his short stay in the White House.
A bit cheeky Bob.:)

OK, I am a bit disappointed to be advised that Jimmy Carter will only sign his latest book.
No Inscriptions, Nada.
No signing of anything else.
Flatsigned only.
The bookstore did say that all copies are 1st/1st's.

Link to order a signed copy online. (http://www.bookpassage.com/event_detailed.php?id=2143)

Patrick
02-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Jerome, I'm still in.

carlosdetweiller
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
A bit cheeky Bob.:)

Yes, it was. :)

NeedfulKings
02-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Jerome, if you're still offering to pick them up, we're still good for one signed copy.

Randall Flagg
02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Given the fact the books are flatsigned, it would be best if anyone who wants one orders via the web link. I am 50 miles from the event, and since it appears I can't get my Signatures signed, nor a personal inscription, I don't intend to invest 8+ hours just to shake Jimmy Carters hand.
Sorry to get anyone excited, I am a bit disappointed right now.

NeedfulKings
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
No sweat, RF. Hey, that link you sent--will that get us a signed book (it doesn't specify)? If you don't know, I will inquire.

Sux that you can't get your other book signed! :shoot:

Randall Flagg
02-10-2009, 06:43 AM
No sweat, RF. Hey, that link you sent--will that get us a signed book (it doesn't specify)? If you don't know, I will inquire.

Sux that you can't get your other book signed! :shoot:
They "said" it would be, but to be sure, I would call (800) 999-7909 and order over the phone.

Randall Flagg
02-10-2009, 07:28 AM
I sent the following e-mail to The Jimmy Carter Center:

Very disappointed to not be able to bring a Lord John Press Signatures book (signed by Stephen King, Gerald Ford and numerous other luminaries) for President Carter to sign. The book upon publication has Gerald Ford's signature.
I am told that President Carter will only sign (with no personal inscriptions) his current book.

Respectfully,

Jerome

Received this response:

Yes he will sign them. You do have to send the books here (there is a limit of 2 per request). Please make sure to include your return address with your request. Currently it is taking about 10-12 weeks for requests to be filled.

Send to:

The Carter Center
453 Freedom Parkway
Atlanta,GA 30307
Attn: Correspondence Office

Thank you.

e_taylor
02-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Don't think I'd risk sending it to a place with a 10-12 week turnaround. Too much time for something to go missing and/or get damaged.

Randall Flagg
02-10-2009, 07:37 AM
I won't be sending Signatures, but if someone wanted to send a Carter book they could get it signed, or order the current book.

It seems that people charge a fair amount of money for other books:
Lord John Press link (http://www.lordjohnpress.com/presidential.html)

Randall Flagg
02-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Just to update, I don't wish to travel for a book that isn't personalized. The numbers I have listed will allow anyone to order a flatsigned copy.
I ordered several copies.

Randall Flagg
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Did anyone (here) order this?

Sam
02-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Just to update, I don't wish to travel for a book that isn't personalized. The numbers I have listed will allow anyone to order a flatsigned copy.
I ordered several copies.

I can't say the same since I went all the way to Mass. from SC for a flatsigned King novel. I also got to attend the reception beforehand, but I think I still would have gone if all I could do is get a book signed.

Rahfa
02-13-2009, 05:15 AM
I think most of us would travel hours for a King signing...personalized or not...

Jimmy Carter? If personalized, I might go somewhere local, but I'm with RF, I'm not making an effort for just a signature...his signature is not very rare.

Ari_Racing
02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Dan Simmons' schedule for DROOD:

Correction to Itinerary:

The original itinerary for Dan's reading and signing of DROOD started with a 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 16 signing at Denver's THE TATTERED COVER BOOKSTORE, but the 16th St. address given on that original itinerary was incorrect. That's the LoDo store where Dan will be signing stock in the afternoon, but the evening reading and signing for the public is at the Tattered Cover on East Colfax --

TATTERED COVER BOOKSTORE
Colfax Avenue
2526 East Colfax Avenue
Denver, CO 80206
Store: 303-322-7727(Fax) 303-399-2279

7:00 PM MT Reading / Signing

SEATTLE, WA
Wednesday, February 18

UNIVERSITY BOOKSTORE
7:00 PM PT
Reading / Signing

4326 University Way, NorthEast
Seattle, WA 98105

SAN MATEO, CA
Thursday, February 19

BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSELLERS #2936
Reading / Signing

11 W Hillsdale Blvd
Hillsdale Shopping Center
San Mateo, CA 94403

SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Friday, February 20

KEPLER'S BOOKS
7:30 PM PT
Reading / Signing

1010 El Camino Real
Menlo Park, CA 94025

LOS ANGELES, CA
Saturday, February 21

BOOK CARNIVAL
2:00 PM PT
Reading / Signing

348 South Tustin
Orange, CA 92866

LOS ANGELES, CA (Pasadena)
Sunday, February 22

VROMAN'S
3:00 PM PT
Reading / signing

695 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena, CA 91101

SAN DIEGO, CA
Monday, February 23

MYSTERIOUS GALAXY
Reading / Signing

7051 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92111

PHOENIX, AZ
Wednesday, February 25

POISONED PEN BOOKSTORE
Reading / Signing

4014 North Goldwater Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

[Dan's footnote: Many of these stores, including the Tattered Cover, University Bookstore, Mysterious Galaxy, The Poison Pen, have excellent and convenient Internet sales service and will also set aside books to be signed the night of my visit if you purchase over the phone, with your choice of inscriptions.)

bast_imret
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
No east coast :(

Dolan
05-21-2009, 08:51 AM
So apparently King is going out for a book tour. See below from King's site:

Originally Posted by moderator
i just checked with Scribner to see if i could at least post the cities and got the okay. We're still working on the details of dates and venues but should be able to get that to you in the next couple of months. This is also the most likely order for the events.

New york
baltimore or d.c. (not yet determined which one)
atlanta
sarasota
minneapolis
toronto
new england city (not yet determined which one)

What remains to be seen is if these will be actual signings or places that you have to buy a ticket to attend. I am in New York so doesn't matter.

Maybe I will see some of you there!

*also just got word from Thomas at the Collector as well...!

Matt
05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
We have a thread about it going in our news forum Kenny. I am also trying to coordinate members of the SKMB so we can all party like rockstars when this happens.

I would love to go to New York but we may have to do the NE or DC one this time.

Dolan
05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Woops! I figured it wasnt possible for me to be the only one who knew about this!
Thanks Matt!! :thumbsup:

Nerak
05-21-2009, 09:34 AM
HI KENNY!!!

Dolan
05-21-2009, 09:35 AM
hi honey! I LLLOve the man in your av pic... yummy little spock.

artan
05-21-2009, 10:22 AM
!Wow! that's a great news...

I am not sure now, but I was thinking to go in NY this autumn.

Now that I read this, in my head is growing up this idea: :idea: To go in NY when the event will take place. :idea:

Can someone explain me better how do they are organized?
Is this for you crazy? :panic:

wizardsrainbow
05-21-2009, 12:11 PM
I'll be at the NYC one and likely the other New England one if it's not too far away.

Matt
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
I hope I get to see you at one of these David. :couple:

Nerak
05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Kenny, I agree, I love Zachary Quinto!! mmm hmmm

Randall Flagg
05-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Looks like info in this thread will be useful this November.

Ari_Racing
05-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Jerome..you posted here while I was searching it to ask.

How were the previous signings? How many hours before the signing start you usuallly go? Any chance of taking a picture? I really want to take a pic with King...I'm travelling 40000 Km to meet him :)

Matt
05-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Ms Mod posted a answer to this question and basically said that King has always requested no pictures. People still take them and he is a good sport but that is only to a point.

I would say getting a pic is very much a luck thing.

We showed up at the venue a full 2 hours before it started and there was already a line.

Ari_Racing
05-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Alright...so I'll have to be there 4 or 5 hours before the event.

I want a picture :(

Sam
05-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Ari, take a camera with you to the event. When you get there if you don't see anyone taking pictures, don't be the first one to start. If people are already getting pictures, get your camera out and get it ready. I wouldn't have a picture of my wife and I with Sai King had it not been for someone else's generosity because I left my camera in the car by accident. I guess I was too excited to remember it. The venue had posted no pictures allowed, but there were many pictures taken for a little while.

PLUS, you'll want pictures of the friends you come across.

herbertwest
05-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Alright...so I'll have to be there 4 or 5 hours before the event.

I want a picture :(

Steve used your GnR story for an EW column, and you won the grand prize of Palaver, which gathered over 10 grands for the Heaven Foundation this year.... good reasons to get a picture.. and am sure you will :-)

(and mentionning the slowliness of CD)

Matt
05-27-2009, 01:10 PM
:lol:

All good reasons to get one. I'm always afraid I will be the one guy that flashes him the wrong way with my camera and ruins the entire thing.

Ricky
05-27-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm always afraid I will be the one guy that flashes him the wrong way with my camera and ruins the entire thing.

You and I both, Matt. You and I both. :lol:

Room 217 Caretaker
05-27-2009, 01:41 PM

All good reasons to get one. I'm always afraid I will be the one guy that flashes him the wrong way with my camera and ruins the entire thing.

Unfortunately Matt your post has given me really bad images of you flashing King.

Newspaper Headlines for next day:

Man flashes King at signing, as police drag him away we can hear the man screaming but I'm Kings NUMBER ONE fan............(now fading a little)......I'm KING'S......NUMBER......ONE......FAN.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Matt
05-27-2009, 01:54 PM
:rofl:

And I thought that was just and erotic dream I had!

Sam
05-27-2009, 03:08 PM
And now it shall be a nightmare I will be having! :wtf:

e_taylor
05-27-2009, 03:15 PM
But will it be....... an erotic nightmare??? :scared:

Ari_Racing
05-27-2009, 03:20 PM
LOL

Thanks Sam! Of course I'm taking my camera with me. I'm looking forward to meet Wiz, Kenny, Pablo and all the ones that will be present at the NYC event. I promise that, if people takes pics, I can be photographer of all. :)

gsvec
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
But Ari, you have to be IN the pics!! NYC in November is sounding pretty good . . .

Randall Flagg
05-27-2009, 05:10 PM
I would suggest people block the date out on their calendar, but be cognizant of the fact the event could be anything from a SK reading and exit, to a bonus Q&A session, and if attendees are really lucky, a "meet and greet" with SK himself.
Additionally, tickets will likely be snapped up immediately.

e_taylor
05-27-2009, 05:18 PM
What do you folks figure the chances of being able to bring a book of your own to be signed are?

If I could bring one to get signed I wouldn't hesitate to pay upwards of $100 for a ticket... but if its only Under the Dome... I don't know if I'd care enough.

Rahfa
05-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Tickets will probably be cheap, and maybe nothing, or they will be expensive for a fundraiser.

Chances are very high you'll be able to bring a second book to get signed of your choice, unless the signing is restricted to UtD only.

You'll definitley be able to get your picture taken with him, but the books might be pre-signed and you won't meet him at all.

The event will be at a bookstore, unless it's at some theater like Symphony Space or the Jacob Burns.

Ari_Racing
05-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Well...I'm buying a ticket no matter what. :)

And as for the pictures, of course! The idea is take a pic where I'm with Steve. Hope I can accomplish that!

Ari_Racing
05-27-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm already nervous...and we're in May! :D

sarajean
05-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Tickets will probably be cheap, and maybe nothing, or they will be expensive for a fundraiser.

Chances are very high you'll be able to bring a second book to get signed of your choice, unless the signing is restricted to UtD only.

You'll definitley be able to get your picture taken with him, but the books might be pre-signed and you won't meet him at all.

The event will be at a bookstore, unless it's at some theater like Symphony Space or the Jacob Burns.

gsvec
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM

Wow, Rahfa - thanks for clarifying everything! :cyclops:

Sam
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
And finally, the signing will likely be held on a Saturday, or maybe one of the other days ending in "Y".:P

Patrick
05-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Please, please, please add San Francisco...

wizardsrainbow
05-28-2009, 03:41 AM
Wait, did I miss the announcement of a specific date?

As for the signing, I think it highly likely it will be limited to Under the Dome. After all, it is a signing event for the release of the book. The Three Kings event in DC was for something entirely different so other books from home were allowed. So, I'd be shocked it it opened up to books other than Dome.

Matt
05-28-2009, 05:06 AM
That's a good point David.

And no specific date yet as far as I know. And I plan to be all up in this things business. :lol:

Gris
05-28-2009, 05:14 AM
If other books are able to be signed, what's the best choice?

Do you do something somewhat modern and limited like maybe the PS Colorado Kid books? Something old and 1st/1st Like a Dark Half or Cujo?
Something new like Duma Key or JAS?
Something SoD or SK Goes tot he Movies?

Randall Flagg
05-28-2009, 05:32 AM
My thoughts exactly.

jhanic
05-28-2009, 05:38 AM
Something that means something to you.

John

turtlex
05-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Something that means something to you.

John

Best advice. Ever.

wizardsrainbow
05-28-2009, 07:15 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Crosses fingers, toes and eyes for Left Coast people <feels guilty being on Right Coast and the greater opportunity to participate in these events>

Room 217 Caretaker
05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Wait, did I miss the announcement of a specific date?

Anyone know the dates yet? I'm with Wiz.......did I miss something?

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

:ninja: I'm hiding my Gunslinger 1st under my jacket.

CRinVA
05-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Ralph,

If I only had a Gunslinger First I'd be hiding it under my coat as well!
:-)

turtlex
05-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Ralph... sure is warm in here... can I take your jacket?!?

gsvec
05-28-2009, 04:59 PM

I think all the "November" talk stemmed from this post (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=396684&postcount=67).

Nerak
05-28-2009, 11:56 PM
no guilt here at all.... :)

F1racefan
06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I have never been to a signing and was wondering where you get the tickets and how to know when they go on sale. Will it be posted on the SK site? Are these tickets ones that if you are not online when they go on sale you will not get one?

Randall Flagg
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I have never been to a signing and was wondering where you get the tickets and how to know when they go on sale. Will it be posted on the SK site? Are these tickets ones that if you are not online when they go on sale you will not get one?
That is hard to answer in one post. The signings are sometimes announced by SK.com-sometimes, by the Charity Recipient, sometimes by the venue, etc
Keep checking here.
For this particular event, at this time, everything is scheduled just at book release (November 10, 2009) and on the Eastern area of the US.
You can almost count on King appearing on The Today Show, or Good Morning America and or other East Coast morning shows, and thus being in NYC etc.

F1racefan
06-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I live in Kansas City, so I was hoping to get to the Minneapolis signing.

Thanks for the quick response.

wizardsrainbow
06-11-2009, 05:01 PM
The last East Coast signing (in Mass) was announced by the venue in advance and that tix would go on sale at a certain time. I called 3 minutes before, got a real person, but they wouldn't sell me the tickets. It then took me 2 1/2 hours to get through again and by then the premium tix were sold. I think the tix sold out in less than 2 days.

F1racefan
06-11-2009, 05:52 PM
The last East Coast signing (in Mass) was announced by the venue in advance and that tix would go on sale at a certain time. I called 3 minutes before, got a real person, but they wouldn't sell me the tickets. It then took me 2 1/2 hours to get through again and by then the premium tix were sold. I think the tix sold out in less than 2 days.

When will they announce the venue's? A week or so before the signing? What are the different levels of tickets? You mentioned premium tics. Do people camp out the night before like for Iphones or does your ticket save your place in line?

Thanks for the info.

wizardsrainbow
06-11-2009, 06:09 PM

When will they announce the venue's? A week or so before the signing? What are the different levels of tickets? You mentioned premium tics. Do people camp out the night before like for Iphones or does your ticket save your place in line?

Thanks for the info.

Depends on the event....the Massachusetts tickets went on sale in September I believe and it was a phone call thing. The event itself was November 6th, I believe.

Other events in NYC and Greenwich CT have been camp outside the bookstore for 24+ hours in hopes of getting a bracelet with a signing number. Then you show up later that day if you have the bracelet and you get your book signed.

wizardsrainbow
06-11-2009, 06:10 PM
The "premium" tix for the Mass event got you into a "meet the author" event with 125 other people before the actual "general admission" event took place.

F1racefan
06-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Depends on the event....the Massachusetts tickets went on sale in September I believe and it was a phone call thing. The event itself was November 6th, I believe.

Other events in NYC and Greenwich CT have been camp outside the bookstore for 24+ hours in hopes of getting a bracelet with a signing number. Then you show up later that day if you have the bracelet and you get your book signed.

I hope they do the phone call one, as I am not going to drive 8 hours to wait outside in Minneapolis for 24 hours in November.:nope:

Ari_Racing
06-12-2009, 05:30 AM
I'll wait 48 hours if necesary :D

wizardsrainbow
06-19-2009, 01:05 PM
I just bought 2 tickets to the November 10th Times Talk event in NYC. Again, no guarantee that there will be signed books, but I'd put a 90% probability that it will be like the 92nd Street YMCA event where he was interviewed by Charlie Rose and signed copies of DT VII were available after the show.

Ari_Racing
06-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Wiz...we'll meet again. :) I just bought two tickets as well. :rock:

Matt
06-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I really hope that happens for you guys, I think it's a real good possibility too. And when it's not structured, there is more possibility of cool stuff happening imo.

F1racefan
06-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Wiz...we'll meet again. :) I just bought two tickets as well. :rock:

Where did you hear about the tickets?

jhanic
06-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Check the marque on the top of this page. A link is posted there.

John

Gris
06-22-2009, 05:14 AM
when they sell presigned books like this, do they typically sell them close to cover price or jack the shit out of the price to make more money?

Ricky
06-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Ms. Mod said that the signed books (if any) will cost the cover price unless the venue decides otherwise. SK doesn't charge for autographs, but the venue may try to squeeze some extra money out if it.

wizardsrainbow
06-23-2009, 03:58 AM
I've always seen them sold at cover price.

Matt
06-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Same here!

<--draws on his vast amount of experience. :lol:

CRinVA
06-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Years ago I purchased a signed On Writing at a King RBR Performacne. I paid $25, the cover price!

Ari_Racing
06-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Will all the events be a Q&A or only NY one?

Cinder2007
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh man i wish i could go to the NY one.

Oh well.

Hopefully there will be one in california.

Patrick
06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
When Jerome and I saw King in SF a few years ago, the presigned books were sold at cover price.

I agree with you, Cinder. Keeping my fingers crossed for California. Northern California, in my case.

tippy4
06-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Same with the southern California appearance.....pre-signed books at cover price.

I would not hold my breath for a California stop on this tour Patrick.

turtlex
06-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Friends - Were the books on sale before or after the event?

Matt
06-24-2009, 08:36 AM
In the case of the DC event, the books were on sale during the event. I had to get up during someone's reading (not SK's) and buy them. I'm sure they were still there when it was over but I really had to run.

We were going to miss our train! :panic:

Cinder2007
06-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Same with the southern California appearance.....pre-signed books at cover price.

I would not hold my breath for a California stop on this tour Patrick.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2074/1245131315369.gif

NO! It will happen!

cody44
06-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I'd love for a California signing too, but it seems whats been posted is all we are going to get.

Patrick
06-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Phooey.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-25-2009, 04:55 AM
Phooey.

Hong Kong?

turtlex
06-25-2009, 04:57 AM
Phooey.

Hong Kong?

:rofl:

Matt
06-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Wow!

Gotta be a certain age to get that one :lol:

Clacke
06-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Wow!

Gotta be a certain age to get that one :lol:

http://www.cartoon-secrets.com/Photos/Hong-Kong-Phooey-cartoon.jpg

Ah the memories...:D

Randall Flagg
06-25-2009, 02:28 PM
This thread (until now) hasn't been posted in for weeks.
Any objection to me merging it with the "So your going to a Book signing" thread?

e_taylor
06-25-2009, 04:13 PM
None here Jerome!

Patrick
06-25-2009, 05:38 PM
:thumbsup:

Patrick
06-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Phooey.

Hong Kong?
:rofl: I loved that Saturday morning cartoon when I was a kid.

Patrick
07-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Neil Gaiman is doing a short booksigning in San Francisco next weekend. It is limited to 100 tickets. I just got one! (They only had three more left.)

Price of admission was buying the hardcover of his recent Batman story - which he'll sign at the time. We're allowed to bring one other book for signing as well.

:rock:

jhanic
07-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Congratulations, Patrick! Enjoy!

John

turtlex
07-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Oh, Patrick ... that is awesome !! Now the question... which other book?!?

( you should go get Absolute Sandman or something !! )

Patrick
07-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks, guys.

I tried to get Jerome, Maerlyn and/or Fruno to go, but to no avail.

Pam, most likely I will go buy another Blueberry Girl and ask him to inscribe it to my new daughter. :)

If I had a 1st edition of Absolute Sandman, I would take that as well just to see if he would sign a third book.
I don't have any editions of any of the four volumes actually. :ninja: I only own the softcover books.

turtlex
07-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Oh, Patrick - I love that idea, a personalization on Blueberry Girl. That's the way to go for sure. Perfect.

( is this a CBLDF (http://www.cbldf.org) event? I know Neil does a lot of signings for them )

Patrick
07-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Oh, Patrick - I love that idea, a personalization on Blueberry Girl. That's the way to go for sure. Perfect.

( is this a CBLDF (http://www.cbldf.org) event? I know Neil does a lot of signings for them )
Thanks, Pam.

Nope, it's just a short (90 minutes) signing for a friend who owns a comic shop. There is no admission fee other than committing to buy a specific new Gaiman hardcover comic book.

turtlex
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM

Thanks, Pam.

Nope, it's just a short (90 minutes) signing for a friend who owns a comic shop. There is no admission fee other than committing to buy a specific new Gaiman hardcover comic book.

And you say the East Coast folks get all the fun...

... Gaiman and the San Diego ComiCon in the same month !! Mr. California !!!
:couple:

Patrick
07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
This past Sunday I went to see Neil Gaiman at a reading/book signing. I really enjoyed it.

If you care to read about it and see some photos, I posted the story in the Neil Gaiman thread starting here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?p=419998#post419998). It is spread across three posts because I was at work (interruptions).

nyy3723a
07-23-2009, 04:17 AM
Waiting patiently for some info on how to buy a book at the NY event to be released...frustrating!

Darkmaniscoming
07-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey all...is this a thread on going to "Stephen King" signings?
Or signings in general...?

Randall Flagg
07-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey all...is this a thread on going to "Stephen King" signings?
Or signings in general...?
Any and all book signings.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2009, 07:34 AM
From SKMB:

Northshire Books has given me this info to pass along:

Northshire Bookstore presents Stephen King
Wednesday, Dec. 2 at 7 pm
Manchester Elementary-Middle School
80 Memorial Ave.
Manchester Center, VT 05255

Tickets to go on sale Sept. 1 at 10 am
Can be purchased by phone or in the store (we will have a special number set up by 9/1, and will let you know what that number is)

Ticket pricing:
$50 – includes a signed copy of Under the Dome and preferred seating (250 available)
$5 – General admission (550 available)

Only purchasers of a $50 ticket will get a signed copy of the new book. Mr. King will not be signing any other books. Unsigned copies of Under the Dome and other Stephen King books will be available for purchase.

Rahfa
07-27-2009, 08:23 AM
That's a good way to do it...that way there's no confusion about what you're paying for, and you can make an educated choice on whether you want to go or not.

Patrick
07-30-2009, 11:40 PM
I totally agree, Rahfa. This is a great way to handle the scarcity of books vs. the supply of seats.

CRinVA
08-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Anyone here interested in booksignings by Bryan Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. They ar the co-authors of the Dune Books following the death of Frank Herbert and they have published together 10 or 11 Dune books with at least two more after tomorrows release! By the way, if you bring in a bagfull of books they will sign them all - Besides the Co-Authored Dune books they have their own books as well; Herbert has his Timeweb Series and a Biography of Frank Herbert called Dreamer of Dune; Anderson has boatlaods of books to include the Saga of the Seven Suns series. He is one prolific author.

Their Winds of Dune Book Tour starts tomorrow as follows:

NEW YORK, NY
Tuesday, August 4
7:00 PM

BARNES & NOBLE
Union Square
33 East 17th Street
New York, NY 10003

BOSTON, MA
Wednesday, August 5
6:00 PM

BOSTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
700 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116

Thursday, August 6

HARVARD COOP (B&N)
1400 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02238

GREENWICH, CT
Friday, August 7

JUST BOOKS @ARCADIA CAFE
Just Books @ Arcadia Café
20 Arcadia Road
Old Greenwich CT 06807

NEW HAVEN, CT
Saturday, August 8

R.J.JULIA BOOKSELLERS
768 Boston Post Road
Madison, CT 06442

LONG ISLAND, NY
Sunday, August 9

BOOK REVUE
313 New York Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743

NEW JERSEY
Monday, August 10
11:00 AM

HUDSON BOOKSELLERS
Newark Liberty Int’l airport
Terminal C Gate 74

Monday, August 10
7:30 PM

CHICKLET BOOKS
301 N Harrison St
Princeton, NJ 08540

PHILADELPHIA, PA
Tuesday, August 11

FREE LIBRARY OF PHILADELPHIA
1901 Vine Street, Logan Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1189

WASHINGTON DC
Wednesday, August 12

BORDERS GROUP INC
Borders Bailey's Crossroads
5871 Crossroads Center Way
Bailey's Crossroads, VA 22041

MARYLAND
Thursday, August 13

BARNES & NOBLE
4801 Bethesda Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814

PITTSBURGH, PA
Friday, August 14

MYSTERY LOVERS BOOKSHOP
514 Allegheny River Blvd
Oakmont, PA 15139-1648

CLEVELAND, OH
Saturday, August 15
2:00 PM

JOSEPH BETH
Joseph-Beth Booksellers
Legacy Village
24519 Cedar Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124

BUFFALO
Sunday, August 16

TALKING LEAVES
3158 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214

OTTAWA, ON
Monday, August 17

SAINT BRIGID’S CENTRE
314 St. Patrick Street (at the corner of Cumberland)
Ottawa, ON K1N 5M7

TORONTO, ON
Tuesday, August 18

MERRIL COLLECTION OF SCIENCE FICTION
239 College Street, 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R5

DENVER/BOULDER
Thursday, August 20

(Kevin J. Anderson Only)
BOUDLER BOOKSTORE
1107 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302-5103

jhanic
08-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Anyone here interested in booksignings by Bryan Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. They ar the co-authors of the Dune Books following the death of Frank Herbert and they have published together 10 or 11 Dune books with at least two more after tomorrows release! By the way, if you bring in a bagfull of books they will sign them all - Besides the Co-Authored Dune books they have their own books as well; Herbert has his Timeweb Series and a Biography of Frank Herbert called Dreamer of Dune; Anderson has boatlaods of books to include the Saga of the Seven Suns series. He is one prolific author.

CLEVELAND, OH
Saturday, August 15

JOSEPH BETH
Joseph-Beth Booksellers
Legacy Village
24519 Cedar Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124

Gee, they even have one scheduled in my area!

John

Fsmdr
08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the info, Crinva,

Thanks good to know.

CRinVA
08-04-2009, 08:11 AM

CLEVELAND, OH
Saturday, August 15

JOSEPH BETH
Joseph-Beth Booksellers
Legacy Village
24519 Cedar Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124

Gee, they even have one scheduled in my area!

John

John, I have been to two signing by this pair - both times they spoke for about 30 minutes on how they got started and how they collaborate on the books - wh owrites what parts, etc. Then they sign and they are open to signe as many books as you haul in. I had 4 there last time and there was a guy there with about 30 including some obscure titles! If you have nothing to do it might be fun!

jhanic
08-04-2009, 08:21 AM
I may attend. My wife, however, may have other plans. You know how it is!

John

turtlex
10-06-2009, 01:03 AM
FYI : Bernie Wrightson is appearing at the The Baltimore Comic-Con this coming weekend ( October 10-11, 2009 ).

Baltimore Comic-Con Website (http://www.comicon.com/baltimore/index.htm)