PDA

View Full Version : What are you currently reading?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72]

WeDealInLead
06-09-2023, 05:54 AM
Stepping away from Dandelion Wine for a bit. I'm finding it hard to lock into the feel (or whatever) of the book. It's not really about a boy's thoughts and ruminations on life, it's really just Bradbury in the driver's seat aka the 12-year-old kid. Maybe this is how he wants to have remembered his childhood. Kids aren't typically this introspective nor are adults this sugary and infantile. I will definitely finish the book but for now, I need a little break because it's not hitting all the right spots the way it did the first time.

I did finish Thomas Ligotti - Death Poems, and Tom Piccirilli- The Dog Syndrome and Other Sick Puppies. The former isn't Ligotti's best work (there is zero plot, it's all just prose poems about how much existence sucks and is pointless), the latter was a fantastic read with one of the heaviest final lines after an already tragic story ("There must be a sequel to my life.") Damn. The stories are definitely horror but are still very human(e) and I think the theme in most of these is how much we're willing to debase ourselves for a little human touch/caring/love/attention/whatever.

Reading: Karen Hall - Dark Debts

WeDealInLead
06-21-2023, 07:02 AM
Dark Forces

This book is in the time capsule, right?

mattgreenbean
06-21-2023, 10:05 AM
Stepping away from Dandelion Wine for a bit.

I enjoy listening to the audiobook in August while mowing the yard.

mattgreenbean
06-21-2023, 10:28 AM
Playing a little catch up here.

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. The story is great even if it is a little tame compared to today's stories of the future.

The Disappearance by Bentley Little. Why isn't this a movie? Blumhouse could do it.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. It's a Classic! Hard not to picture Depp.

The Policy by Bentley Little. Another one I liked, especially the ending.

All the Pretty Ponies by Cormac McCarthy. I enjoyed it, but it was a little long in the tooth.

Rant by Chuck Palahniuk. If you can, listen to the audiobook version. It's a full cast. This was a reread. It had been so long that I forgot some of the key things. Chuck writes some crazy stuff.

Immortality, Inc. Robert Sheckley. This came out in 1959! It must have influenced several sci-fi writers. Very cool.

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. This is the book I'm currently reading aloud for my kids. Fantastica is written in such detail!

WeDealInLead
06-25-2023, 06:07 PM
Victor Lavalle - Lone Women. This guy gets it.

I'm about to start The Ferryman by Justin Cronin. The premise is a little simple and familiar, but the cover is hinting there's more to it than just what's alluded to in the blurb. If I'm still punishing myself with each new King book out of some mindless loyalty, then Cronin certainly gets a fair shake.

webstar1000
06-26-2023, 03:12 AM

I'm about to start The Ferryman by Justin Cronin. The premise is a little simple and familiar, but the cover is hinting there's more to it than just what's alluded to in the blurb. If I'm still punishing myself with each new King book out of some mindless loyalty, then Cronin certainly gets a fair shake.

IT was OK... but VERY predictable.

DoctorZaius
06-26-2023, 06:22 PM
So far behind in my reading, but now that school is over I'm diving into Fairy Tale - about 1/3 in so far. Enjoying it.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
06-26-2023, 10:35 PM
So far behind in my reading, but now that school is over I'm diving into Fairy Tale - about 1/3 in so far. Enjoying it.

I liked the initial story with the kid and the old man. Once they go down the rabbit hole, so to speak, I felt like I was reading something I had already read before. King can always keep my attention, but I thought this one was pretty weak.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
06-26-2023, 10:40 PM
I’m currently reading (listening to) The Terror. It is my first Dan Simmons. The narrator is top notch, and I love the setting. Such a hopeless anxiety to be trapped in a frozen wasteland. I also just started reading Friday by Heinlein.

DoctorZaius
06-27-2023, 12:05 PM
I’m currently reading (listening to) The Terror. It is my first Dan Simmons. The narrator is top notch, and I love the setting. Such a hopeless anxiety to be trapped in a frozen wasteland. I also just started reading Friday by Heinlein.

The Terror is brilliant - not the best by Simmons, but it's up there. My heat still belongs to the Hyperion quartet.

Heather19
06-28-2023, 04:03 AM

The Terror is one of my all time favorite books. I can't even begin to imagine what it was like for the real men on that journey and similar expeditions. Hope you enjoy it!

webstar1000
06-28-2023, 04:09 AM
Winterset Hollow... what a strange.. well written book. A lot of fun.

Ricky
06-28-2023, 08:03 AM
If anyone happens to be in Delaware next month, I'm doing a signing on July 8th at Browseabout Books in Rehoboth--come on down!

WeDealInLead
06-29-2023, 05:52 AM
I finished reading The Strange by Nathan Ballingrud and I'm conflicted by it. I liked the story and the setting but I don't understand why it takes in an alternate past but is set on Mars. Nothing about that played any part in the story.

Annabelle (the protagonist) was really hard to swallow. No one is particularly likeable (not a necessary requirement) but no one is particularly interesting or charismatic (a definite requirement). At best I felt indifference for all of them, at worst I wanted Annabelle to "Fucking Die Already.*" Her big mouth got a lot of people killed but she grew as a person so it's okay, I guess?

Dunno. Maybe I just can't take angsty teens as characters anymore. I felt the same about Zoe's Tale. You know...just stop talking and doing idiotic things for a single chapter, I double dare you.

Edit: I just looked at the Goodreads reviews. It's good to know I'm not alone in my dislike for Annabelle/general misgivings about the book.

*an upper mid-tier Tom Piccirilli story

RichardX
07-04-2023, 06:39 AM
I made the mistake of reading S.A. Cosby's book "All the Sinners Bleed" after King wrote a review. The plot is wildly implausible. Like something a teenage Thomas Harris would write after receiving a lobotomy. And page after page is filled with race baiting commentary. Literally every single event is conveyed in the context of race. It was like being forced to watch MSNBC for a week.

webstar1000
07-04-2023, 07:14 AM
The Groomer by Jon Anthan. I have to say I cannot put this down... even though I am sickened by it. This is HANDS DOWN the most violent, disturbing book I have ever read. I cannot even understand how it was allowed to be printed!! BUT why am I glued to the book? Well its a revenge book... and I am ready for that now. I have never met a villian in any book or movie I wanted revenge on so bad. Its hard to explaine but if you want to read it.. try it. GET by Chapter 3... its hard... REALLY hard (I think thats the one) but when you do you REALLY feel what the author wants you to feel.. you are out for blood as well as the father in the book. I will say no more...

St. Troy
07-06-2023, 09:05 AM
I made the mistake of reading S.A. Cosby's book "All the Sinners Bleed" after King wrote a review. The plot is wildly implausible. Like something a teenage Thomas Harris would write after receiving a lobotomy. And page after page is filled with race baiting commentary. Literally every single event is conveyed in the context of race. It was like being forced to watch MSNBC for a week.

That must be your privilege talking. (joke)

WeDealInLead
07-06-2023, 10:13 AM
Alastair Reynolds - Eversion
Bruce Sterling - Gothic High-Tech

RichardX
07-07-2023, 08:40 AM

That must be your privilege talking. (joke)

My favorite scene is when the black Sheriff goes into the woods and encounters an old tree. His first thought is to destroy it because it is old and he therefore associates it with lynchings. I've heard a lot of things called racist but the trees are a new one. I'll never read another of his books.

St. Troy
07-07-2023, 08:46 AM
...the black Sheriff goes into the woods and encounters an old tree. His first thought is to destroy it because it is old and he therefore associates it with lynchings.

Fantastic! I suppose the tree was "complicit."

WeDealInLead
07-12-2023, 07:17 AM
Alastair Reynolds - Eversion
Bruce Sterling - Gothic High-Tech

Reynolds was fantastic, Sterling was a DNF. I read almost half of the stories and tapped out. There's dry and then there's Bruce Sterling dry, yeesh.

I'm still enjoying Dark Forces, and I picked up The Eater of Gods by Dan Franklin when the ebook was on sale for a buck. 15% in and it's pretty good so far.

ajw2910
07-16-2023, 06:00 PM

I’m nearing the end and I didn’t predict it at all……maybe I’m just slow.

WeDealInLead
07-20-2023, 08:36 AM
John Crowley - Beasts

Jack McDevitt - Deepsix. Here's what Uncle Steve has to say about McDevitt: "Jack McDevitt is that splendid rarity, a writer who is a storyteller first and a science fiction writer second ... I simply could not put it down. You're going to love it even if you think you don't like science fiction." I can't disagree much with that except I'd say he's both. Think Alastair Reynolds and Greg Bear and you're pretty close. It's the kind of science that makes you go Ah, neat and not whaaaa?

WeDealInLead
07-26-2023, 04:51 AM
Just finished the anthology Prime Evil. It's neck to neck with Dark Forces as my favourite anthology. My favourites were stories by Barker, Morrell, Liggoti, Straub and Jack Cady. The dissociation scene in Juniper Tree and pretty much every word of "By Reason of Darkness" (Cady) is why I read horror.

I've had this book for 15 years. I don't why it took me this long to read it. I guess it all worked out because now I'm looking up used books by Jack Cady on eBay and definitely will have to read more Straub and Morrell in the future.

WeDealInLead
07-26-2023, 04:56 AM

I’m nearing the end and I didn’t predict it at all……maybe I’m just slow.

Yeah, I didn't like the ending but I definitely didn't predict it.

The book eventually had more in common with a certain Ellison book and PKD than Logan's Run. I liked it until the reveal. Oh well.

Stockerlone
07-26-2023, 07:52 AM
Calle Claus - Findrella
+
Mord im Fjord
Scandinavische Crime Ladies

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-26-2023, 03:12 PM
Not that anyone cares but I'm halfway through THE SOUTHERN BOOK CLUB'S GUIDE TO SLAYING VAMPIRES by Grady Hendrix and loving it. He's mentioned 'SALEM'S LOT, LIVE GIRLS, PSYCHO and I forget how many other books I've read. This is the fourth Hendrix book I'll have read and I've enjoyed every one of them.

St. Troy
07-27-2023, 09:32 AM
Just finished the anthology Prime Evil. It's neck to neck with Dark Forces as my favourite anthology. My favourites were stories by Barker, Morrell, Liggoti, Straub and Jack Cady. The dissociation scene in Juniper Tree and pretty much every word of "By Reason of Darkness" (Cady) is why I read horror.

I've had this book for 15 years. I don't why it took me this long to read it. I guess it all worked out because now I'm looking up used books by Jack Cady on eBay and definitely will have to read more Straub and Morrell in the future.

A nice collection to be sure.

I skipped the Straub entry on my last pass through it in order to save it for when I get around to reading a larger Straub collection I have (Borderlands' short fiction collection), but the Barker one is very good, and I've always been obsessed with the Morrell one.

WeDealInLead
07-27-2023, 05:27 PM
Gary Fry published a new novella two days ago:
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/f/gary-fry/dread-they-left-behind.htm

Mattrick
07-28-2023, 10:21 AM
finally reading My Sunshine Away by M.O. Walsh after my friend lent it to me like four years ago. I'm about a third in and it's really good so far. Very easy to read and just sink right into. Interesting way to tell a story about this kind of subject matter. Should be done it in a couple days. Then i'm going to finish my re-read of Catch-22 I started during school and then fell off.

Heather19
07-31-2023, 04:03 AM
Not that anyone cares but I'm halfway through THE SOUTHERN BOOK CLUB'S GUIDE TO SLAYING VAMPIRES by Grady Hendrix and loving it. He's mentioned 'SALEM'S LOT, LIVE GIRLS, PSYCHO and I forget how many other books I've read. This is the fourth Hendrix book I'll have read and I've enjoyed every one of them.

I loved this one. It might be my favorite of his. Have you read How to Sell a Haunted House yet? That one is really good as well.

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-31-2023, 06:05 AM

I loved this one. It might be my favorite of his. Have you read How to Sell a Haunted House yet? That one is really good as well.

Yes, I liked HAUNTED HOUSE very much. A tear rolled down my cheek at the end of MY BEST FRIEND'S EXORCISM (something must of got in my eye). After I'm finished with the book I'm reading now (THE BIG BUNDLE by Max Allan Collins), I plan to read THE FINAL GIRL SUPPORT GROUP.

Joe315
08-03-2023, 04:30 PM
Just finished the impossible times Trilogy. Quite good. Tracking down signed copies now.

WeDealInLead
08-04-2023, 03:35 AM
The Club Dumas
Engine Summer

Heather19
08-04-2023, 05:24 AM

Yes, I liked HAUNTED HOUSE very much. A tear rolled down my cheek at the end of MY BEST FRIEND'S EXORCISM (something must of got in my eye). After I'm finished with the book I'm reading now (THE BIG BUNDLE by Max Allan Collins), I plan to read THE FINAL GIRL SUPPORT GROUP.

Let me know what you think of The Final Girl Support Group when you get to it. I tried to read it, but couldn't get into it so put it down. Maybe I should try to revisit it again.

St. Troy
08-05-2023, 07:17 AM
The Club Dumas

Although TCD wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, it was still a notable and enjoyable read, and I'm curious to see what Centipede does with it.

WeDealInLead
08-10-2023, 10:37 AM
The Club Dumas

Although TCD wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, it was still a notable and enjoyable read, and I'm curious to see what Centipede does with it.

I'm at 51% (I received another 2 month free Kindle Unlimited offer) and I'm not quite sure what to make of the story. All the detective work is happening a little too fast. I'm enjoying it though, especially the parts about book making.

Currently reading Mark Samuels " Witch-Cult Abbey" and "The Best of Shadows."

St. Troy
08-10-2023, 12:27 PM
...I'm enjoying it though, especially the parts about book making.

That's the thing; I find so few books about books (something I love and crave) that even imperfect ones get a lot of my love.

WeDealInLead
08-11-2023, 09:50 AM
...I'm enjoying it though, especially the parts about book making.

That's the thing; I find so few books about books (something I love and crave) that even imperfect ones get a lot of my love.

You might find this interesting:
https://www.amazon.ca/Haunted-Books-Mark-Valentine-ebook/dp/B018UOBZDI/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?crid=33YRWAEP3U4Y4&keywords=mark+valentine&qid=1691776133&sprefix=mark+val%2Caps%2C810&sr=8-10

I've heard great things about Valentine but haven't read him yet.

St. Troy
08-11-2023, 10:02 AM
You might find this interesting:
https://www.amazon.ca/Haunted-Books-Mark-Valentine-ebook/dp/B018UOBZDI/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?crid=33YRWAEP3U4Y4&keywords=mark+valentine&qid=1691776133&sprefix=mark+val%2Caps%2C810&sr=8-10

That looks awesome.

Mattrick
08-12-2023, 02:05 AM
Finishing off my reread of Catch-22. Such a fantastic book. Funny as hell.

Thinking I'm going to try to squeeze in Anna Karenina before school starts back up. I started it a few years back but that was when I got burned out on reading. I was really enjoying it too.

Taking a class on the art and history of The Novel as an art form this semester. I can't wait.

fernandito
08-13-2023, 06:47 AM
You just reminded me that I want to check out the Catch 22 show on Hulu. I heard its pretty damn good for an adaptation.

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-13-2023, 09:00 PM

Let me know what you think of The Final Girl Support Group when you get to it. I tried to read it, but couldn't get into it so put it down. Maybe I should try to revisit it again.

Just finished it (about one AM). My least favorite (so far) of the Hendrix books, but it did have some good moments. I started getting confused about which character was which about halfway through, but I just kept reading and it got sorted out. All in all, I liked it well enough.

fernandito
08-14-2023, 07:44 AM
Just finished the first Invincible omnibus. God dang I didn't know the series was this long :o

WeDealInLead
08-17-2023, 08:18 AM
The Club Dumas

Finished TCB last night. It's a solid 3.5/5. Things fell apart for me with the introduction of the actual TCB. I didn't really like that questions/mysteries went unanswered. I wasn't a big fan of the protagonosit either.

Edit: ugh. I seem like such a Debbie Downer. The critique comes from disappointment because the book could've been so much more. I read those last two chapters and couldn't believe that those were conclusion to the plot(s). Too bad.

I just reread The Andromeda Strain. Now that's a book.

craigobau
08-18-2023, 07:53 AM
Just finished Justin Cronin’s latest, The Ferryman, which I really enjoyed.

Just need to find some time now to do a re-read of The Passage trilogy.

WeDealInLead
08-30-2023, 05:04 PM
John Varley - Good-bye Robinson Crusoe and Other Stories

The Book of the Dead anthology

Tommy
08-30-2023, 07:04 PM
The Devil Takes You Home
Gabino Iglesias

This book is making me nervous. Only half way through but I am actually scared at what might be coming, he went hard on this one!

RichardX
08-31-2023, 05:46 AM
"Kingfish" about the life of Huey Long. Some amazing parallels with current politics.

WeDealInLead
09-19-2023, 08:52 AM
I just finished The Tea Master and the Detective by Aliette de Bodard. The story was much, much better than the title. I'll definitely read more stories set in the same universe.

Glorious Beasts by Gary McMahon was very good too. The Hills Have Eyes + Jack Ketchum "Off Season" + a little bit of The Road. McMahon was an accidental discovery and now he's my go-to when I need a horror fix.

Currently reading: Philip Fracassi - Don't Let Them Get You Down.

Ivo
09-28-2023, 01:29 PM
Just finished North Woods by Daniel Mason, spooky, historical and a great read.
I’ll be reading more of his books.

WeDealInLead
10-01-2023, 05:04 AM
The Thief of Always
The House Next Door

St. Troy
10-03-2023, 06:38 AM
The Thief of Always

Excellent!

The House Next Door

I haven't read this, but I do have a copy and need to get to it (looks very intriguing).

CRinVA
10-04-2023, 06:02 AM
The Ferryman, by Bently Little

SystemCrashOverRide
10-04-2023, 06:19 AM
The Handyman Method, by Nick Cutter (Craig Davidson) & Andrew F. Sullivan.

Only 80 or so pages in, and the pacing is... odd? I feel like I didn't get invested in the cast of characters before things started going awry. We'll see how it develops!

Ricky
10-04-2023, 03:58 PM
I'm reading it now as well (about halfway through) and am not blown away. The writing isn't great and the plot and pacing is a bit odd. All the characters are either awful people or just annoying.

WeDealInLead
10-05-2023, 08:25 AM
The Thief of Always

Excellent!

The House Next Door

I haven't read this, but I do have a copy and need to get to it (looks very intriguing).

Barker is my "comfort read". Not sure what that says about me. I've read The Thief before but I'm of the opinion that good books get better the more you read them.

The House Next Door ... I've read only two chapters and I already want all these spoiled emotionally stunted adult babies to be fired into the Sun. That said, it feels very promising. Don't read King's introduction until after you've finished the book. He's the spoiler master.

I'm deciding whether I should read Hell House or Conjure Wife next.

RichardX
10-06-2023, 03:16 PM
"A Haunting on the Hill" by Elizabeth Hand. This one snuck up on me. Authorized by the Shirley Jackson estate as a follow up to Hill House. Then there is "Julia" by Sandra Newman with a retelling of 1984. Also the Herzog Werner autobiography. Everything that was old is new again this month!

Heather19
10-07-2023, 05:29 AM
I'm full on into my Halloween reads for the year. Almost finished with the audiobook of All Hallows by Christopher Golden (Ricky I'm actually really enjoying it!) Also reading Halloween Night by RL Stine, and I have the second one of deck for when I finish this one. And on my kindle I'm reading October's End. It's a collection of 3 novellas, only about halfway thru the first one, but so far so good.

Ricky
10-07-2023, 08:31 AM
:rofl:

DoctorZaius
10-07-2023, 01:17 PM
Just started Holly - very early, but very promising thus far.

WeDealInLead
11-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Tim Powers - My Brother's Keeper
Gene Wolfe - The Wolfe at the Door

I will begrudgingly read Holly after these two.

WeDealInLead
11-23-2023, 06:34 PM
My Brother's Keeper was a little hard to get into at first but it ended up landing in my.top 5. Wonderful story.

RichardX
11-29-2023, 05:44 PM
Goldsboro has signed copies of "Julia" the 1984-related novel. A pretty good book and nice association to the Orwell classic.

WeDealInLead
11-30-2023, 07:47 AM
Harlan Ellison - Ellison Under Glass

WeDealInLead
12-08-2023, 08:25 AM
I'm struggling with Wolfe. He's at his best when the story has neat ideas and is either horror or SF. The mystery stories and the characters heavy pieces in here are just downright tedious and pointless. One of the poems is called "Connect the Dots." Sorry but I really dont feel like it. It's enough already.

That said Memorare and a handful of SF stories is masterclass storytelling and for those I'm glad to add the book to the collection. As for the rest ... I now get why they were previously uncollected.

WeDealInLead
01-09-2024, 05:51 AM
Cormac McCarthy - All the Pretty Horses
Karl Edward Wagner - Why Not You and I?

WeDealInLead
02-11-2024, 12:22 PM
John D. MacDonald - The Executioners (Cape Fear)

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-11-2024, 01:03 PM

I read ELLISON UNDER GLASS, and it wasn't a pane at all.

Currently reading DAPHNE by Josh Malerman, but I'm trying not to think about it.

ratchet41
02-11-2024, 01:46 PM
Elsewhere (2020) by Dean Koontz it's way to early for me to say how good it is or how bad it is since i don't own this one i will i'm sure at some point it's digital on my ipad i'm only at 13% i've been getting the audio books from the Library & than reading along with the narrator that's how i did it as a kid when i wanted to learn how to read better than i was at the time. and i've so far zipped right through 4 books so far it's really faster than i was reading now am i gonna still read without doing that no doubt i will but for the moment it's working for me.

WeDealInLead
02-11-2024, 02:35 PM

Well, that works out because Ellison Wonderland has No Doors, No Windows.

We can go on like this until next Shatterday.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-11-2024, 02:58 PM

Well, that works out because Ellison Wonderland has No Doors, No Windows.

We can go on like this until next Shatterday.

All I know is I have no mouth and I want eye-scream!!! Whaaaa!!!!

WeDealInLead
03-15-2024, 09:41 AM
Robert Bloch - This Crowded Earth

Ben Mears
03-18-2024, 06:17 AM
Recently finished Richard Russo's bibliography and currently working my way through Percival Everett's.

mattgreenbean
03-27-2024, 12:27 PM
Update:

The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein. Pretty fun read.

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. This didn't turn my stomach like I've always heard it does. But, it definitely made me feel horrible for the immigrants that moved to Chicago around 1900.

The King in Yellow by Robert Chambers. A mildly entertaining collection stories. Mostly read this because of rewatching True Detective season 1.

Swamp Peddlers by Jason Vuic. I grew up in Florida in the heart of Swamp Peddler country. Until reading this, I didn't even know it. Has changed my outlook on my childhood.

Shadow On The Sun by Richard Matheson. I really like RM! But this one was a little different from this others. The end was good, but it took awhile to get to it.

Black Cat by John Russo. Paperback-campy kinda read.

The Happiest Workplace on Earth by Shaun Finnie. Fanfiction about a parallel future that centers around Epcot.

The Vanishing by Bentley Little. The name has nothing to do with this sex crazed novel. But I really dig his super weird novels.

Time And Again by Jack Finney. I was underwhelmed. It was a fine story, but up against Replay, Somewhere in Time, 11/22/63, The Anubis Gates... it just wasn't as entertaining.

WeDealInLead
04-03-2024, 06:35 AM
A few things on the go:

Kealan Patrick Burke - Ravenous Ghosts
George R. R. Martin - Fevre Dream (if you need proof ASOFAI reads like work for hire compared to his earlier works, this book is it. It's really that good.)
Emily St. John Mendel - Sea of Tranquility. I read 35 pages in one go and didn't notice it. Best go into this without reading the blurb for maximum impact.

WeDealInLead
05-15-2024, 11:12 AM
Somehow I received yet another Kindle Unlimited offer, this time 3 months for $1. I downloaded:

Laird Barron - The Wind Began to Howl
Aliette de Bodard - The Citadel of Weeping Pearls
Tyler Jones - Heavy Oceans (I'll DL his short story collection next)
Mike Carey - Infinity Gate
Joe Haldeman - The Forever War (don't want to take my hardcover to work. It isn't infrequently that my clients communicate their rage by throwing things around).

+ random Daredevil and Wolverine comics the library doesn't have

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-15-2024, 02:53 PM
I recently finished THE SUMMER GUEST by Justin Cronin and found it quite good.

craigobau
05-17-2024, 10:55 PM
The Tainted Cup by Robert Jackson Bennet

St. Troy
05-18-2024, 04:57 AM
History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell

RichardX
05-18-2024, 07:11 AM
CJ Tudor books. They won't win any Pulitzer Prizes but decent horror books.