PDA

View Full Version : Huge Dark Tower Art Post By Me!

boehmke
09-29-2010, 09:17 PM
With all the exciting news about the site I can finally post a boat load of art that I did for a project I was working on with our fearless (ex)leaders. The project was a DT.com calendar. If I wasn't so frustratingly slow and lazy this may have seen the light of day. But it was not meant to be. The bad news is there probably won't be a calendar. The good news is I can finally show the art. Since I've done all the work posting the images on my blog I'll just give you a link to that.

Also I'd like to thank Daghain for running the Wiki art contest for as long as she did. She kept that going and got a lot of good art out of me and the rest of the community here. I hope we can continue this at the other site. But instead of being confined to just the world of The Dark Tower we can open it up to be a King Wiki.

The play ground just grew leaps and bounds. Imagine illustrating characters from The Shinning, Salem's Lot, Thinner, etc. (duh).

Take care everyone. Me and my measly post count hope to see you all on the other side of the door.

Oh there are some HUGE spoilers so if you haven't finished the books look at your own risk :)

The Dark Tower Calendar Images (http://dboehmke.blogspot.com/2010/09/huge-dark-tower-post.html)

EvaH
09-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Wow,excellent work! :clap: And I love your idea of a King wiki. Are the contests going to continue on the new site? I just got a scanner and would love to participate in these drawing contests.

John Blaze
09-29-2010, 11:19 PM
great stuff, David!

Daghain
09-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Nice, man. :D

Jean
09-29-2010, 11:44 PM
absolutely fantastic!

Tito_Villa
09-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Those are stunning!!! I REALLY love the dark tower in the field of roses .... will you ever be releasing them in some way?

Darkthoughts
09-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Bummer on the no calendar, but :rock: on your paintings.

Brice
09-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Should do the calander anyhow. And the contests should continue...and Ann should still be running them.

These are insanely good, Dave.

Bethany
09-30-2010, 06:28 AM
ZOINKS! I love them all.

Daghain
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Should do the calander anyhow. And the contests should continue...and Ann should still be running them.

I won't be, but you certainly can. :D

boehmke
09-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Maybe I'll look into doing a character art sub page. But it wouldn't be connected to a Wiki as I don't rite vary gud.

I would like it to be a twice monthly character concept art/illustration sub forum and run it similar to this. But instead of running a contest have it be more of a place to critique each others work and get the best art out of everyone we can. Using the imaginative worlds of King as a place to grow from would be a great.

Let me know what you think.

Daghain
09-30-2010, 04:46 PM
I like it.

John Blaze
09-30-2010, 11:19 PM
I like it too.

Brice
10-01-2010, 01:33 AM

I certainly could, but certainly wouldn't as that would run contrary to how I think things should be...YOU running it.

Nerak
10-01-2010, 07:17 AM
The Man's got talent! Those are great!!!

Daghain
10-01-2010, 12:45 PM

I certainly could, but certainly wouldn't as that would run contrary to how I think things should be...YOU running it.

:lol:

Sorry man, you'll have to take up the torch, or find yourself a minion. :D

Heather19
10-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Those are excellent! :)

turtlex
10-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Really wish you'd make prints available. Those are fantastic!!!

Brainslinger
10-03-2010, 03:57 AM
They really are. Very professional too. And if they're not used for a calendar next year they could be for the year after.

Or scrap that. The art is fine as it is, alone.

RainInSpain
10-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Beautiful art!
The Manni cave is so atmospheric, I can feel its pull.

Emily
10-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Wow, those are fantastic! I love the one of pregnant Mia! Those are awesome.

Brice
10-06-2010, 05:50 AM

:lol:

Sorry man, you'll have to take up the torch, or find yourself a minion. :D

I nominate you. :)

LadyHitchhiker
10-06-2010, 09:33 AM
I absolutely dug all these pictures... but I agree with all of your own critiques on your work as well, not that they weren't all fabulous. :)

Shardik's my favorite I think.. He's exactly as I saw him.

maerlyns_rainbow
10-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Beautiful! Especially love the one of Mia in Discordia.

the dalinean
11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Very nice! I especially like the Crimson Queen... the spider webbed clothing very nicely rendered... what medium/s did you do those in?

boehmke
11-14-2010, 07:53 PM
All of them started out as pencil drawings in some form and then scanned into my computer. From there all the color was done in Photoshop :)

Darkthoughts
11-15-2010, 02:54 AM
I'm so impressed by that. I haven't a clue about digital media, but it's not until you see the work of someone who is inexperienced with it, that you can really appreciate the effort and skill that goes into colouring pieces like yours. It always blows me away :thumbsup: