PDA

View Full Version : Dexter (spoilers)

Pages : 1 [2]

Bev Vincent
12-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm still open to the possibility that Deb drugged herself. Hannah has claimed responsibility for a lot of stuff, but we've never actually seen her do anything.

I, too, am glad that they let Hannah escape into the final season. Such a great foil for Dexter.

Agreed about Jamie and Quinn, but that scene at the party was fun. "How do you make that sound so f'ing sexy?"

I was so afraid the season was going to end with "Gunshot...fade to black" and very pleased that they followed through. What will they do about the bullet coming from Deb's gun, though? I suppose they could fire a second bullet to push Deb's through and take it from the crime scene.

I suppose Angel's retirement plans will go on hold when he finds out LaGuerta's dead.

Deb's anguish before the gunshot -- best scene for her ever, and she's had some great ones this season.

Ricky
12-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Agreed about Deb's final scene. So much emotion there. You could really see how much it was tearing her apart.

And until Jamie spoke up, I had completely forgotten that Quinn had drunkenly hit on her last season, too. That made it all the more better. And Masuka as Baby New Year?:rofl:

About Deb's bullet: I'm thinking that since Dexter's plans of Estrada and LaGuerta shooting each other are scrapped now, maybe he'll remove the bullet and give her the over-the-boat trashbag treatment? Or they could just remove the bullet and re-shoot her with Estrada's gun. Would there be evidence of two shots fired at LaGuerta, then? And I'm really looking forward to the possibility of Angel investigating her disappearance next season.

Here's a really good interview with Scott Buck about the finale and Season 8: 'Dexter' EP Scott Buck: 'It's the Beginning of the End for Dexter' (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dexter-season-8-spoilers-dexter-deb-laguerta-scott-buck-403148)

Bev Vincent
12-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I read one report where they said that it's not absolutely set in stone that next season will be the final one. The network hasn't issued it's final decision. They're moving forward under the assumption that it will be, but that could change.

Ricky
12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
That's what I read, too. As much as I love the show, I'd like to see it go out on a high note rather than dragging everything out. I think it's going to be tempting for Showtime to continue the show past Season 8 since ratings have been really good recently.

fernandito
12-18-2012, 10:09 AM
That Deb scene with her crying after having shot LaGuerta was so gut wrenching and powerful. According to the executive producer that was unscripted, it was all Jennifer Carpenter whom has been absolutely amazing this season.

Batista will most likely pick up the thread left behind by LaGuerta. He's going to be very suspicious that LaGuerta disappeared so shortly after having accused Dex, and the latter conspicously showing up late to the retirement party.

The 'final' season should be amazing. Deb has been corrupted beyond repair now, her moral compass is shattered. I can't see this ending well for either of them.

Ricky
12-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Jennifer has said that the only ending she can fathom for Deb is for her to die in the end, and I kind of agree. How can she have a life after this? Even if she and Dexter get off scott free, she's corrupted.

TwistedNadine
12-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Jennifer has said that the only ending she can fathom for Deb is for her to die in the end, and I kind of agree. How can she have a life after this? Even if she and Dexter get off scott free, she's corrupted.

Agree 100% but that really sucks.
Question is, tho, what about Dex? Jail, Free or Die?
I guess it will depend on whether or not they continue the series but interested to hear the predictions

Ricky
12-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Well I think we can agree that it's probably not going to end with Dexter and Hannah riding off into the sunset together. :lol:

TwistedNadine
12-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Maybe no riding into the sunset for any of them, but I am hoping for a twisted unpredictable end. What I dont want to see is a Moral Lesson: Murder and reap the consequences. This show has never been about conventional ethics and morals and I would hate to see it turn into that

Ricky
12-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Just read an article over at Dexter Daily and found out that the Doakes flashbacks in the finale were actually new scenes filmed for the finale! I think I have a new appreciation for them now.

Ka-mai
12-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm still open to the possibility that Deb drugged herself. Hannah has claimed responsibility for a lot of stuff, but we've never actually seen her do anything.

I, too, am glad that they let Hannah escape into the final season. Such a great foil for Dexter.

Agreed about Jamie and Quinn, but that scene at the party was fun. "How do you make that sound so f'ing sexy?"

I was so afraid the season was going to end with "Gunshot...fade to black" and very pleased that they followed through. What will they do about the bullet coming from Deb's gun, though? I suppose they could fire a second bullet to push Deb's through and take it from the crime scene.

I suppose Angel's retirement plans will go on hold when he finds out LaGuerta's dead.

Deb's anguish before the gunshot -- best scene for her ever, and she's had some great ones this season.

I'm open to Deb drugging herself, but I kind of think Hannah did it based on something she said later (which I can't remember right now). She doesn't make mistakes, and I think she didn't want to kill Deb because of what Dexter would do, so she just prevented Deb from getting to her friend's house.

Uuuugh I really wanted Quinn to die. He's so stupid. I hope Jamie stays far away.

I also thought they were going to do the "gunshot to black," but considering we know there's an 8th season, it would be obvious Dexter was alive. Maybe not obvious she shot LaGuerta (Dexter could be wounded, not dead) but still not as interesting as it could be if this were the final season and it were a Soprano-like ending.

I don't know, I was just not thrilled with this season. I'm also getting really irritated with Dexter's constant reflection and Harry conversations. Also, the dialog is getting really stilted and awkward, not to mention the ridiculous forensics (I'm fairly certain if you stabbed someone and then shot them over the wound, it would still show up as irregular to a true expert, unless you used a fucking grenade). I'm interested to see how it will end, but I think they could have easily cut out 1-2 seasons between season 4 and the finale. I'm glad Hannah's alive and I hope she shows up again. I would also like to see Aster and Cody find out Dexter's a serial killer (but not the one who killed their mom). Also maybe throw Lumen in there... it wasn't my favorite storyline, but if he gets caught her reaction might be interesting. I think really I'm just most interested in seeing reactions to Dexter's real life by everyone. And maybe before he dies he could give Miami Metro a list of people he's killed so they can clear their books... that would be nice and considerate to their paper trails. :P I hate incomplete paperwork even in fiction.

But seriously, the woman who plays Deb is a great actress. The way she just broke down after shooting LaGuerta was so convincing I didn't even think about it as acting until I came in here, it just felt real. I hated the storyline of her being in love with Dexter (because seriously, ew) but I'm sure that wasn't her fault.

Ricky
12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Funny you mention Lumen. Early in the season I was pretty confident that she would turn out to be Hannah's sister. I don't know why I thought that, but guess that's probably off the table now. And I agree with you about cutting seasons, for the most part. Aside from a few storylines that I enjoyed (Deb's feelings for Dexter, Lumen, and a few others) S5 and 6 could've been cut (or at least significantly condensed).

fernandito
12-31-2012, 08:39 AM
I think I'm one of the few people that loves the internal conflicts / Harry conversations. I actually look forward to them. He's a serial killer, he's got to have a fuckload of internal turmoil and it's great to see it portrayed onscreen in an exposition friendly manner. Plus, James Remar is a great actor.

Deb could have found out that Dexter was a killer at the end of S5 when he's killing Jordan Chase and spared us the misery of the woefully mediocre S6.

Ka-mai
01-01-2013, 12:35 PM
I really didn't mind them at first, but now I feel like they're just filling their time commitment with exposition. "Hey, it's five minutes short, make Dexter reflect some more." ><

fernandito
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Sean Patrick Flanery set to join Dexter for Season 8 ... and beyond?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/24/sean-patrick-flanery-young-indiana-jones-boards-dexter-season-8

Bev Vincent
01-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Charlotte Rampling was just cast for S8, too.

TwistedNadine
06-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Ten days till final season starts
I can put up with anything they might throw at us as long as Quinn is killed off.

Ricky
06-20-2013, 01:02 PM
:lol:

I honestly can't believe he's made it this far.

Ka-mai
06-24-2013, 04:15 PM
:rofl: They might have him live just to piss us all off.

Crap, I just realized I can't remember a lot of what's going on and the season's about to start. Not enough time for a rewatch! :panic:

Ricky
06-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes there is! I haven't started mine yet, but plan on (hopefully) finishing before Sunday.

TwistedNadine
06-24-2013, 05:44 PM
I dont need to refresh. That last episode is embedded in my brain forever

Lilja
06-25-2013, 05:02 AM
I got a press kit with the first four episodes from season 8 and it's GOOD! I still have no clue how it will all end though...

http://liljas-library.com/img/other/dexter_press4.jpg

http://liljas-library.com/img/other/dexter_press1.jpg

Lilja

TwistedNadine
06-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Nice!

TwistedNadine
07-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Way too much of Quinn in this episode. Really hate that guy. Otherwise I think its off to a good start.
A comment that Dexter's kid looks two years older not just six months. Not that it matters but bugged me a little

Ka-mai
07-10-2013, 06:01 AM
So, Deb shoots LaGuerta and then sobs all over her body, and people still think the other guy did it? Do we not have ballistics tests? Didn't anyone notice Deb's DNA, probably in the form of her insanely long hair, was all over the fucking place?

I'm really sick of this show thinking the audience doesn't notice these things.

The bench conversation was awesome.

TwistedNadine
07-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah I agree but as much as I like tearing it apart I gotta say I LOVE this show. It really does suck its the last season. Dexter is just so cool.

So, Deb shoots LaGuerta and then sobs all over her body, and people still think the other guy did it? Do we not have ballistics tests? Didn't anyone notice Deb's DNA, probably in the form of her insanely long hair, was all over the fucking place?

I'm really sick of this show thinking the audience doesn't notice these things.

The bench conversation was awesome.

Ka-mai
07-15-2013, 05:05 PM
I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but episode 2 bored the pants off me. I think we actually forgot we were watching for a few minutes and just started having a conversation that was completely unrelated.

TwistedNadine
07-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Yeah it was boring but both episodes 1 and 2 seem to be lead ins. 3rd episode wasnt bad: Dexter doing Dexter things finally
Lot of focus on Deb so far. Interesting to see where that goes

Ka-mai
07-21-2013, 04:12 PM
I hope Dexter is doing Dexter things; for a while there they seemed to completely forget about him and his killing business.

TwistedNadine
07-22-2013, 09:16 AM
I take back everything I said.
What a fucking boring episode.
Kinda over the Deb "Im traumatized" story line.
Back to some Dexter Vigilante Killing please...

Ricky
07-25-2013, 05:34 PM
So I just watched the premiere last night (a little behind since I did a Season 7 re-watch) and while I enjoyed it, I was a little underwhelmed. It's just the first episode, but the last season's premiere was jaw-dropping, so I can't help but compare the two. And did anyone else notice the weird camera shots/angles? It was almost like it was a different show at some points.

4. Jamie: please do not start dating Quinn

No, it happened! UGH! WHHHHHHHYYYY?

Dexter's kid looks two years older not just six months. Not that it matters but bugged me a little

Yes! I thought the same thing. It bugged me a little too, but I think it's going to be interesting now that Harrison is probably old enough to "understand" some things that Dexter may do now (i.e. murder!). Dexter really has to be careful now.

(Is anyone else watching Ray Donovan?)

Ka-mai
07-28-2013, 04:01 PM
I watched half of the third episode before work and I seriously don't even care about the other half. I am so sick of Deb's issues. I am also so sick of the Miami PD not knowing anything. Dexter's thinking "they did this postmortem to hide the real crime" and LITERALLY NOBODY ELSE NOTICES that it's a postmortem wound. I mean, that's like the first damn thing they teach you in forensics class.

Please, let us get back to Dexter stalking some psychopath and just forget about all the other characters.

Ricky
08-02-2013, 11:35 AM
So I'm all caught up on the current season now. I'm really liking it so far. I love Dr. Vogel's character (but I am starting to worry that the rest of the season is going to turn into "hey, let's track down all your former patients and see if they turned out to be serial killers!"). I hoped that would kind of end with Dexter killing the Brain Surgeon, but the preview for Sunday's ep. made me think otherwise.

And am I crazy for not totally hating Quinn the last couple of episodes? :lol:

Ka-mai
08-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes. :|

:P I haven't seen the latest episode, so maybe he magically redeems himself.

TwistedNadine
08-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Vogel seems a little "off" to me. Wouldnt it be funny if it turns out she's a serial killer too?
Still hate Quinn. He doesnt add anything to the show imo
I was glad to see a change in Deb. Was really getting tired of the "Poor Me" crap
Overall this last episode was better than the previous one

Ricky I started watching Ray Donovan. I like the dysfunctional family underlying theme as he runs around criminally fixing celeb problems. Show seems to have potential

Ricky
08-03-2013, 06:51 PM
How far are you into it? I watched the first episode and maybe it was because it was late or something else, but I was kind of bored. I may give it a couple more episodes before I give up all together though.

TwistedNadine
08-04-2013, 08:28 AM
I did a marathon last week and watched all of them from the first episode thru to the most recent (my son insisted otherwise I would never have bothered). I also thot the first episode a bit boring but the theme was unique enough so at my sons insistence I watched the others. They progressively get better imo. The dysfunction and suspense increases. The last episode had a lot of cliff hangers so looking forward to seeing what happens tonight.

Ricky
08-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Well on that review, I'll have to watch the next couple eps. at least.

TwistedNadine
08-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Hannah's back!! Yahoo Yahoo!
I really do hope she and Dex ride off into the sunset together...
They can leave Deb behind to babysit the new vigilante-in-training

Ricky
08-10-2013, 09:37 AM
I was excited to see her too! I thought that she may show up since the TV episode description said something about someone "from Dexter and Deb's past" would pay them a visit, but I was still surprised to see her appear like that at the end.

And I don't know how I feel about this Zach storyline. I want more Vogel!

Bev Vincent
08-10-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm reading the newest Dexter novel, Dexter's Final Cut. It's amusing to see the differences. Some are subtle -- his youngest kid is a girl, not a boy. He's still married to Rita. Deb has known since early on what he is. Deb has a kid, too.

In this one, he's assigned to allow an actor who will star in a TV series tag along with him, but he's more interested in the female star, who brings out urges in him he didn't realize he could feel. Then he's assigned to be her body guard when it seems like she might be the ultimate target of a twisted serial killer. Good fun!

TwistedNadine
08-10-2013, 10:48 AM
I dont care about Zach or Vogel - I cant wait to see the Hannah / Dexter dynamic!
They make such a pretty pair.

TwistedNadine
08-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Good episode. As expected Hannah and Dexter are back at it (well killing anyway) Yahoo!
Kinda figured Zach would end up being a loose canon. Dex should just get rid of him and be done with it

Ricky
08-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Dex should just get rid of him and be done with it

I agree. I don't think he deserves to die, per se (like Vogel said, he just never got the instruction that Dexter did from Harry), but for storytelling purposes? Yeah, get rid of him. There's only 5 episodes left!

Bev Vincent
08-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Last week I suggested to my wife that Dexter's neighbor was introduced simply so Zach could murder her -- and voila!

I was afraid for a moment that Deb was going to kill Hannah after she followed Dexter to his meeting with her. I like her and Dex together, but I suspect that their relationship isn't going to end well. I wonder if Zach is going to prove to be Dexter's ultimate undoing.

Ka-mai
08-13-2013, 05:57 AM
^ This. Pretty much as soon as she showed up I said she looked like she had a target on her forehead.

TwistedNadine
08-13-2013, 07:08 AM
There's only 5 episodes left!

Really? WTF That just ruined my day. Gonna miss this show

I suspect that their relationship isn't going to end well. I wonder if Zach is going to prove to be Dexter's ultimate undoing.
So far Zach hasnt really added much to the show so you may be right but I hope not. Id like to see him ALMOST ruin Dexter, ALMOST kill Hannah (or Deb or..). but ultimately I hope it ends with Zach dead and Hannah and Dexter Living Life Large

Bev Vincent
08-17-2013, 08:26 AM
It occurs to me that Hannah now has access to a LOT of money. Maybe she and Dexter will end up in Argentina after all.

TwistedNadine
08-17-2013, 12:21 PM
It occurs to me that Hannah now has access to a LOT of money. Maybe she and Dexter will end up in Argentina after all.

Fingers crossed! If not Argentina then anywhere where Dexter can continue his work...

TwistedNadine
08-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Great episode. Lots jammed into the one hour.
Bye Zach. Kinda sad. Was starting to like him.
My predict: Vogel is the Brain Surgeon serial killer
Something seriously off with that woman

Bev Vincent
08-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Well, that threw my theory about Zach being Dexter's downfall right out the window. What a shocking end. This entire episode did not go at all like I expected it would -- and that's a good thing. One surprise after another. I really liked it all. Everyone ending up in that motel room at the same time. The great dinner scene. At first I thought it was Quinn who was setting Zach up, and I'm still open to that possibility. Why would Vogel kill a promising student? I know she was meant to take him home (in a car older than he was).

Still so many questions and only four episodes left. What clues are in the titles?

"Make Your Own Kind of Music" August 25, 2013
"Goodbye Miami" September 8, 2013
"Monkey in a Box" September 15, 2013
"Remember the Monsters?" September 22, 2013

TwistedNadine
08-19-2013, 01:42 PM
This entire episode did not go at all like I expected it would -- and that's a good thing.
Why would Vogel kill a promising student? I know she was meant to take him home (in a car older than he was).

Agreed - I didnt predict any of it and was refreshing!
I think Vogel's ultimate plan is to screw over Dexter. Not sure of course but I dont think she is who she presents herself to be. Here's a long shot, maybe she was in love with Harry and when he killed himself she blamed Dexter?

Ricky
08-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Thoughts on this week's episode:

Lots of comedy this week: Masuka's daughter getting rid of the bad energy in the lab, Zach saying "are we there yet?" when in the car with Dexter and Hannah, etc. :lol:

I loved that dinner scene at Vogel's! They were like one twisted family.

I really didn't think Zach would die, so I was surprised like you guys were. And I was starting to like him this episode, too.

Interesting that the Brain Surgeon is still out there. Which is both intriguing and irritating. Unless they've got some stellar reveal and explanation, serious time is being wasted here (especially since there's only 4 episodes left). But why do I get the feeling that this entire season is just one big set-up for the finale? :/

TwistedNadine
08-20-2013, 08:03 AM
I loved that dinner scene at Vogel's! They were like one twisted family.
But why do I get the feeling that this entire season is just one big set-up for the finale? :/

The dinner scene was brilliant!
Yeah, I also get the feeling there will be some big twisted reveal at the end

Bev Vincent
08-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Masuka's daughter getting rid of the bad energy in the lab

And the captain's reaction to it.

Ka-mai
08-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Finally starting to get interesting, but I'm still ready for it to be over. Dexter should have let Hannah go and met her in Nassau.

Ricky
08-20-2013, 07:18 PM
SLIGHT SPOILERS REGARDING THE NEXT EPISODE!

Instead of Argentina, Dexter and Hannah run off to Germany and open a chocolate shop. This'll be the rumored spin-off series: "Murder by Chocolate"

Tatts4Life
08-21-2013, 09:03 AM
I have seen some pictures from the series finale and it looks interesting.

Ka-mai
08-31-2013, 06:10 PM
After episode 9:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e335/musefire7/For%20Tumblr/GIFS/tumblr_m8eh51LSNL1qm83s0o1_400.gif

Ricky
09-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Just watched episode 9 and I can now say that this season has been fairly disappointing so far. I'm enjoying it, sure, but there's just no spice to the writing this year. And for THE FINAL SEASON (even the final season for ANY show) you'd think there'd be a little more raising the stakes and working to deepen the plot and character's that've already been established rather than drawing out the Brain Surgeon storyline, etc. I mean, I love Masuka's daughter and all the sub-plots but too much time is being spent on them and it is starting to feel like filler at this point. Sigh. Just think if the whole season had the promise that the dinner scene at Vogel's had.

I did, however, love the scene of Deb and Hannah having dinner together. :lol:

TwistedNadine
09-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Agreed. Had some good moments but could have been so much better. Hopefully the final few episodes will make up for it.

Just watched episode 9 and I can now say that this season has been fairly disappointing so far. I'm enjoying it, sure, but there's just no spice to the writing this year. And for THE FINAL SEASON (even the final season for ANY show) you'd think there'd be a little more raising the stakes and working to deepen the plot and character's that've already been established rather than drawing out the Brain Surgeon storyline, etc. I mean, I love Masuka's daughter and all the sub-plots but too much time is being spent on them and it is starting to feel like filler at this point. Sigh. Just think if the whole season had the promise that the dinner scene at Vogel's had.

I did, however, love the scene of Deb and Hannah having dinner together. :lol:

Ricky
09-02-2013, 10:02 AM
And can we just take a moment to reflect on how bad of a father Dexter is? Sure he loves Harrison, but that only goes so far. It's bad enough he compromises Harrison's life almost every time he goes on a kill, but now he's uprooting him from his family, school, and life in Miami and taking him out of the country to LIVE WITH ANOTHER SERIAL KILLER? THAT EVERYONE'S LOOKING FOR (though regardless of what happens, I think they'll be safe considering how inept Miami Metro is :lol: )? And let's not forget the season premiere when he left him in the car alone outside of a seedy motel to go KILL SOMEONE.

TwistedNadine
09-02-2013, 10:07 AM
And can we just take a moment to reflect on how bad of a father Dexter is? Sure he loves Harrison, but that only goes so far. It's bad enough he compromises Harrison's life almost every time he goes on a kill, but now he's uprooting him from his family, school, and life in Miami and taking him out of the country to LIVE WITH ANOTHER SERIAL KILLER? THAT EVERYONE'S LOOKING FOR (though regardless of what happens, I think they'll be safe considering how inept Miami Metro is :lol: )? And let's not forget the season premiere when he left him in the car alone outside of a seedy motel to go KILL SOMEONE.

That scene made me physically sick to my stomach. He is a shitty dad no doubt but can you really expect more from a serial killer?

TwistedNadine
09-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Guess I was wrong about Vogel.
And Deb and is back with Quinn. Wow.
Could Hannah be so stupid as to show up in public and use Harrison's real name at the hospital?
This episode was very disappointing.

Bev Vincent
09-09-2013, 09:30 AM
My wife is going to be very angry when she sees this episode. She like Charlotte Rampling a lot!

Ricky
09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Nadine, I'm with you. Hannah is a WANTED FUGITIVE and she doesn't try to alter her appearance at ALL? And am I the only one that found Harrison's treadmill scene unintentionally funny? I mean...it was bad. I hate when people complain about shows (I try not to be one of those people), but I continuously find it hard to believe how bad the writing is this season. I loved Dr. Vogel, though, and am sad to see her go.

TwistedNadine
09-18-2013, 09:48 AM
I agree with you Ricky - except for Vogel. I didnt dislike her, just thot she was a little off. Im indifferent to her demise.
Last week's episode was so boring. How disappointing the entire hour was. Gave us a cliff hanger in the last minute or two but even that was disappointing because it was so predictable. There's no way Dexter would have let him live. Just reiterates what you said about the bad writing.
Bummer.

Ricky
09-18-2013, 02:01 PM
I had really hoped that Saxon would be offed episodes ago. Sigh. He's just dragging down the story now. I wish Dex would've just killed him so we can get the proper focus on the finale that we deserve without Saxon interfering.

And is anyone else irked that, at this point, it's HANNAH being the cause for Dexter being on the run, rather than Dexter himself and his own actions? Kind of lame that he's just kind of following Hannah now, which is kind of robbing us of a nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat finale. I still have (cautious) hope for the series finale, but there's a lot of ground to be covered in the last hour.

TwistedNadine
09-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Ive lost all hope at this point. I just want to see if he and Hannah make it to Argentina. Seems they're trying to make Dexter "New and Improved" but are ignoring the fact that us fans love Dexter just the way he is (Vigilante Serial Killer Extraordinaire). Im not really interested in seeing a finale that includes a reformed love-sick-Ill-never-kill-again Dexter. Would rather see he and Hannah slaughter their way out of the country.

Ricky
09-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Im not really interested in seeing a finale that includes a reformed love-sick-Ill-never-kill-again Dexter. Would rather see he and Hannah slaughter their way out of the country.

I am 100% with you. At least that would amp the suspense and tension.

Ricky
09-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Pretty much sums up everything perfectly:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/20/dexter-final-season-gripes/

Ka-mai
09-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm just so freaking pissed that Hannah doesn't USE SOME FUCKING HAIR DYE or ANYTHING to disguise herself AT ALL.

Yes, those caps were justified. Every time I look at her, I start yelling at her. PUT ON SOME FUCKING SUNGLASSES AT LEAST.

I can't wait to get this finale over with.

Tatts4Life
09-23-2013, 05:32 AM
And worse finale goes to dexter. I hated it. Thank god for breaking bad to make me forget this horrible season.

TwistedNadine
09-23-2013, 07:16 AM
So basically the moral of the story is if you decide you want to be a vigilante serial killer be aware that everyone you love will die unless you become a lonely logger?
They could have done so much more with this finale.

Well now that thats over with what other shows are out there worth seeing?

Edit: just read this

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/20/dexter-final-season-gripes/

and agree it sums it up perfectly

Ricky
09-24-2013, 02:38 PM
They could have done so much more with this finale.

I'm still processing it, but agreed for sure.

Ka-mai
10-05-2013, 05:45 PM
That... was idiotic. The whole thing. Did Dexter really need to steal Deb's body? It was stupid, and somehow nobody noticed, and it was creepy and morbid and holy shit dude just let them bury her or something. Oh, and now Hannah is stuck with a kid who isn't hers, and who she has no legal custody of, while she's a fugitive. Good parenting. And the lumberjack thing, was that supposed to be mysterious? I didn't care at that point. I couldn't believe he just drove his boat into the hurricane. I saw the boat being involved later, and the storm, because they forshadowed the shit out of both of them, but I thought he and Hannah would be on the run and drive into the storm instead of being captured. You know, something that MADE SENSE.

That whole episode could have been 15 minutes long if they had cut out the shitty dialog.

Joe315
10-05-2013, 10:23 PM
They should have killed him. But I guess him surviving just shows that he is still a selfish psychopath in the end. He faked his death to protect the people in his life but he couldn't kill himself.

Ka-mai
10-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Besides the fact that there is almost no way he would have survived driving a 20 foot boat into a fucking hurricane. <_<

Joe315
10-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Besides the fact that there is almost no way he would have survived driving a 20 foot boat into a fucking hurricane. <_<

Yep. They should have ended it with Hannah and Harrison in Argentina reading about his death.

TwistedNadine
10-07-2013, 07:56 AM
That... was idiotic. The whole thing.
That whole episode could have been 15 minutes long if they had cut out the shitty dialog.

Agree 100%. Not sure what irritated me more, how idiotic the whole season was or the irrelevant time wasting sub-plot fillers that went nowhere like Masuka's daughter...

Ka-mai
10-07-2013, 02:35 PM
ANYWAY. If she's not going to be a killer or a corpse or a SOMETHING what is she doing there?!

I feel like they dropped the ball on so many things during the past few years.

And Joey didn't die. <_<

Ricky
10-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I NEVER would have thought that Quinn would've survived the series. :lol:

Joe315
11-11-2013, 01:09 PM
This is a pretty cool box set. If didn't already own all the seasons I probably would have gotten this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DXOIEFI/ref=assoc_qcb_im

Tommy
10-14-2020, 12:53 PM
Showtime is bringing Dexter back for a limited ten show run next year.

fernandito
10-14-2020, 01:14 PM

That's cool... if its a continuation of the story, they're going to have to work really hard to fix that blunder of an ending.

Tommy
10-14-2020, 01:17 PM

That's cool... if its a continuation of the story, they're going to have to work really hard to fix that blunder of an ending.

Agreed. After Dexter kind of exercised the voice of his father, I was almost sure that Deb's presence would make an appearance during that final scene saying something like "Hey fucker...." but no. I hope it's good.

webstar1000
10-14-2020, 01:17 PM

Could I ask what exactly you mean?

fernandito
10-14-2020, 02:01 PM

Certainly;

It gave a lot of time to its supporting characters only for none of their arcs to receive whole or satisfying conclusions. Implausible actions by Dexter like killing Saxon in full view of a camera when he was shown to be extremely pragmatic. Then Batista excuses Dexter after he murders him and even encourages him to flee because.. reasons. Not like they'll want to question him or Batista on why he let him go right!? The contrived way in which Deb became a vegetable after everything she had been through.

Then there's the ending that would have been perfect HAD Dexter actually killed himself. He's murdered people, including his own brother, abandoned his son and the love of his life, and feels guilt over his sister's death. It would have been beautifully ironic had the final life he had taken to be his own. But no, Studio interference dictated the the creators must keep him alive because "the audience has a special connection to the character". Bullshit.

Ricky
10-14-2020, 02:37 PM
Just read the news about Dexter today and thought it was fake news. Couldn't believe they'd have the balls to bring it back after that abysmal final season and slap-in-the-face ending. I still haven't (and never will) forgiven how they treated Deb and ended her story.

Of course I'll watch the revival, but they've got some work to do to make me excited about it.

webstar1000
10-14-2020, 03:28 PM

Certainly;

It gave a lot of time to its supporting characters only for none of their arcs to receive whole or satisfying conclusions. Implausible actions by Dexter like killing Saxon in full view of a camera when he was shown to be extremely pragmatic. Then Batista excuses Dexter after he murders him and even encourages him to flee because.. reasons. Not like they'll want to question him or Batista on why he let him go right!? The contrived way in which Deb became a vegetable after everything she had been through.

Then there's the ending that would have been perfect HAD Dexter actually killed himself. He's murdered people, including his own brother, abandoned his son and the love of his life, and feels guilt over his sister's death. It would have been beautifully ironic had the final life he had taken to be his own. But no, Studio interference dictated the the creators must keep him alive because "the audience has a special connection to the character". Bullshit.

Wow. I kind of remember that now. Thanks... I remeber it being underwhelming

Joe315
10-14-2020, 08:04 PM

Certainly;

It was a terrible ending.

Vigoran
10-15-2020, 09:41 AM

Certainly;

It was a terrible ending.

Looking forward to it so at least they can redo the official end of it if at all salvageable. Still a great ending compared to what Game of Thrones is guilty of. That one will be hard to top as the worst ending of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mae
04-29-2021, 07:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3cmFGIv9OU

mae
04-29-2021, 09:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvImJz6hRl0

amd013
05-01-2021, 01:45 PM
Wow I had heard rumors awhile ago Michael C Hall was up to doing another season, but didn't realize it was official. Really looking forward to this. I started rewatching Dexter about a year ago on Netflix, was in middle of season 5 when they pulled it. Fortunatly I bought the blu-rays as they seasons were completed, so finishing up with those. No in middle of season 7. Unfortunatly, only have DVD for season 8 (it was a mistake when I ordered). I hate watching DVD's, can't go back to 480P. LOL!

Bev Vincent
05-27-2021, 07:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5NixKgrz8

mae
07-25-2021, 07:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-oCTUrNfE

Hunchback Jack
01-13-2022, 01:59 PM
Now that it's all over, I really enjoyed the new show. It was not perfect, by any means, but it did a lot of things right.

MAJOR FINALE SPOILERS:

I think it ended a little abruptly - it could have been a couple of episodes longer, better showing Dexter's letting the Dark Passenger take over completely, and showing Harrison's conflict over that. Yes, Dexter's willingness to kill innocent people in order to protect himself was made clear, but it could have been taken just a little further.

I did not care for the actor playing Harrison. I think he was the weakest lead, and I hope they don't base a spinoff/continuation on that character.

I thought using Deb as Dexter's hallucinatory replacement for his father was masterful. Does Jennifer Carpenter age? Seriously, she looks identical to Season 8 Deb. Batista's cameos were wasted, though. Neat, but he needed to show up at the end in some way.

HBJ

webstar1000
01-13-2022, 02:31 PM
Now that it's all over, I really enjoyed the new show. It was not perfect, by any means, but it did a lot of things right.

MAJOR FINALE SPOILERS:

I think it ended a little abruptly - it could have been a couple of episodes longer, better showing Dexter's letting the Dark Passenger take over completely, and showing Harrison's conflict over that. Yes, Dexter's willingness to kill innocent people in order to protect himself was made clear, but it could have been taken just a little further.

I did not care for the actor playing Harrison. I think he was the weakest lead, and I hope they don't base a spinoff/continuation on that character.

I thought using Deb as Dexter's hallucinatory replacement for his father was masterful. Does Jennifer Carpenter age? Seriously, she looks identical to Season 8 Deb. Batista's cameos were wasted, though. Neat, but he needed to show up at the end in some way.

HBJ

Your spoiler is ALL the reasons this was a fail for me.

Hunchback Jack
01-13-2022, 02:43 PM
I don't think it was a fail. A solid B/B+; the drawbacks I mentioned stopped it from becoming an A or A+.

Generally, good acting, good writing, and the main story arc was worked for me. Beautiful photography, too. And I think the ending was *right* (although the execution of it fell just a little short).

Heather19
01-15-2022, 06:22 AM
I'll just put this in spoilers in case someone in here hasn't watched it yet.

I'm happy in the sense that they had a proper finite ending with him. The ending to the original run was absolutely horrible and this was way better. And I completely agree about Harrison. I did not care for who they cast, it just didn't work for me. And my fear is that they're going to continue on with him, which I really hope they don't and just let this be the end.