PDA

View Full Version : Jean...I demand an explanation...

cozener
08-29-2010, 09:21 PM
YouTube- 0chan.ru/b/

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/cozeningbastard/lghingottr.jpg

Jean
08-29-2010, 11:43 PM
taking it into consideration that it's the first time I see that video, and, if not for you, would have never seen it, I don't really know what kind of explanation I could give...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearmood_confused.gif

RainInSpain
08-30-2010, 02:56 AM
Sorry for butting in, but.. what is it you would like to know about this song, Cozener?
The song that began its life as "I'm going back home" or "I'm on my way home", but found its reincarnation as the
Trolo-lo meme :nana:
As another Russian on the forum, perhaps I can be of help? :rock:

cozener
08-30-2010, 04:03 AM
It was a joke guys...really. He's so corn fed I couldn't resist. This guy looks like he's the Russian's answer to Jim Neighbors...

Brice
08-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Thus answering anyone's questions about whether Russia has the good drugs. :P

RainInSpain
08-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Cozener: I know you were just pulling Jean's leg :)
Just could not resist commenting - the video is just so freaking hilarious when I watch it in this day and age. Eduard Khil (the singer) sure looks drugged.

BTW, who's Jim Neighbors?

Jean
08-30-2010, 05:56 AM
is that Хиль? you sure?

RainInSpain
08-30-2010, 05:57 AM
<got a weird case of double-posting>

Yes, Jean, I am sure of that - check the Wikipedia article (I do not know how to add links - will find out and get back with an actual link)

Edit: Hmm hope it will work now... The link to the English article - scroll down to the "Internet meme" part
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Khil

Jean
08-30-2010, 05:59 AM
Brice: I wonder if anyone actually doubted it :P
Hush, silly... it's our dark secret. I have been pretending we're all clean here.

RainInSpain
08-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Right :wtf:
BTW, because of my double-posting problem that part of my message actually disappeared - so no problem with keeping it a secret :cyclops:

cozener
08-30-2010, 09:20 AM
BTW, who's Jim Neighbors? Well...he's kinda like this guy...just American. :lol:

Brice
08-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Right :wtf:
BTW, because of my double-posting problem that part of my message actually disappeared - so no problem with keeping it a secret :cyclops:

Well, it would be no problem if Jean hadn't quoted you already. :P

*adds Russia to his itinerary* ;)

razz
08-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Posted this in the Creepy Thread a couple months ago.

Original video:
http://trololololololololololo.com/

mystima
08-30-2010, 02:52 PM
for those who want to know who Jim Neighbors is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Neighbors

LadyHitchhiker
08-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Is he just singing la la la la ja ja ja? And oh oh oh??

Or is this supposed to mean something in Russian that I don't know?

This video made me laugh hysterically... especially when he started almost yodelling.

This was obviously made to be universal... I'm not exactly sure why yet, though. LOL

Does he know any songs with words in them?

RainInSpain
08-31-2010, 01:26 AM
mystima: Thanks for the link!

Lady Hitchhiker: no, it does not mean anything in Russian, either.

A bit of a backstory: This song initially did have words - as far as I know, something about a cowboy returning home and being happy. Then there are 2 versions of how the events unfolded: (1. political) it was decided that a Soviet singer should not really sing about American cowboys; (2. general) there was a disagreement between the composer and the lyrics author, who pulled his lyrics from the song.
In any case, this singer (Eduard Khil) used to be quite popular in the Soviet Union. Here are links to a couple of songs (with words this time :lol:)

(this song is a bit like a fairy tale describing Winter as a person living in a wooden house in the forest)
YouTube- Π*Π΄ΡƒΠ°Ρ€Π΄ Π₯ΠΈΠ»ΡŒ &quot;Π—ΠΈΠΌΠ°&quot; ΠŸΠ΅ΡΠ½Ρ Π³ΠΎΠ΄Π° - 1971

(song about World War II Soviet soldiers - something to the tune of "the war is over and done with; take your greatcoat my friend, we're going home")
YouTube- Π*Π΄ΡƒΠ°Ρ€Π΄ Π₯ΠΈΠ»ΡŒ Π‘Π΅Ρ€ΠΈ ΡˆΠΈΠ½Π΅Π»ΡŒ

Jean
08-31-2010, 01:38 AM
remember he also sang, Железный шлем, деревянный костыль, король с войны возвращался домой? I think I was about 5 years old at that time... and you wouldn't be born for another hundred years...

(song about World War II Soviet soldiers - something to the tune of "the war is over and done with; take your greatcoat my friend, we're going home")
Yeah, but one has to remember that the "friend" he is addressing is dead. It's a good song, not for him, though, I'm afraid.

Brice
08-31-2010, 04:32 AM
I am certain I've seen that guy late at night on American television on some variety show or something long before the internet.

RainInSpain
08-31-2010, 05:26 AM
and you wouldn't be born for another hundred years...

Ahem, as much as I might want to say that "another hundred years" comment is true... :nope:
I do know that song from childhood, too. Especially the "tirjam-tirjarimtam-tirja" part.

Why do you think the WWII song is not for him? Although I don't think I've ever heard Okudzhava's rendition.

Jean
08-31-2010, 06:18 AM
exactly for this reason

Woofer
08-31-2010, 07:22 AM
I like his voice.

Jon
09-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Well...There's 2 minutes and 41 seconds of my life I will never get back!

ladysai
09-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Well...There's 2 minutes and 41 seconds of my life I will never get back!
True, but think of the cultural experience you've had!
I find it heartening to know that my country isnt the only one to broadcast stuff like this.
:P

LadyHitchhiker
09-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Wasn't he in a James Bond movie?

BillyxRansom
09-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THIS GHOKGJJIGJNjiijfif

BillyxRansom
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
long before the internet.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b6/FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.JPG

fernandito
09-29-2010, 12:06 PM
This thread will be merged soon :)

pathoftheturtle
09-29-2010, 01:14 PM
GHOKGJJIGJNjiijfifPardon? My Russian is not so good. lol