PDA

View Full Version : Tally: Do You Have a Copy of "Twice the Power" Proof?

George at C-Springs
08-26-2010, 06:58 AM
I got a pretty good deal on a "Twice the Power" proof this week (thanks Rusty), and in doing some homework on it was trying to determine how many copies were produced. If you search on-line, go back through the forums, and ask fellow proof collectors, the general answer you get is "Ummmm ...". Okay, that's not unusual for proofs, sometimes the numbers just aren't known. For this particular one I heard 1 to 25, read "Up to 40" and was told "nobody knows exactly".

So, what I'd like to do is just get a tally of the known proofs in collector's hands, as well as their state and if there's anything special about them (PC, signed, numbered, etc.). It's also mentioned on Barry Levin's site (www.raresf.com) that "Another state of this "presentation proof" is reported to contain yet another story from FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT"; if your's does, please let us know.

To try and reach as many as proof collectors as possible, I'm also putting this up in Calvin's Corner and over at StephenKingCollector and then we'll see what kind of numbers we get. While I realize it won't be definitive, at least it'll give the collecting community a little bit better idea of what's out there.

To start it off, I have one copy (well, will when it arrives in the mail next week sometime anyway), I know Jhanic and Mr Rabbit Trick have at least one apiece, and there are two copies currently up for sale on various websites (more listings, but all for the same two copies). That makes 5 known so far. Everybody, please tell me what you've got!

George