PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Half

mtdman
08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I did not like this movie, which surprised me because I dig Timothy Hutton. But I'm interested in reading the book because of the Castle Rock backstory and tie-ins. How different is the book from the movie, and is the book a better read than the movie was to watch?

Letti
08-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I haven't seen the movie but I think it's always a bad idea to judge a King book after a movie. Most of the movies based on his works are really weak.

Stockerlone
08-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Dark Half is one of my favorite storys. :panic:
I try to become everything possible from Dark Half.:orely:

French Promotion Birdcage for the VHS release of the VHS Dark Half - La Part des Tenebres. In a few (between 5and10) video stores in france. Inside is the VHS.
(THE SK Horror bear is normaly NOT in the Cage ;-) )

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3364.JPG

Brice
08-20-2010, 04:54 AM
I NEED the birdcage. :drool: It is amazing!

I don't suppose you need a kidney or something? :unsure:

Stockerlone
08-20-2010, 05:12 AM
I NEED the birdcage. :drool: It is amazing!

I don't suppose you need a kidney or something? :unsure:

A kidney......sounds interesting:nana: I sell several times īnot so inportantī
organs for books...:dance:
But i must say..... Sorry, i never ever become this promo birdcase again.
Itīs to rare..

Brice
08-20-2010, 05:15 AM
I've never seen it either before yours. If you ever do decide to part with it...

haunted.lunchbox
11-20-2010, 06:55 PM
I was able to solve a House episode because of this book, way before House.

WeDealInLead
12-20-2010, 01:43 PM
I really liked this story. I feel it often gets overlooked. It's very Bachman-ish.. which isn't surprising considering what the book is about.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-29-2011, 07:17 PM
I love the book & the film. i think it stuck pretty damn close to the book. i think it feels like a "Bachman" book cause i believe it was SUPPOSE to be a "Bachman" book. so it prolly has that feel cause of it. that's my 2 cents anyways :)

mtdman
07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
I finally read this book this past week. I really enjoyed the book, and it was much better than the movie, imo. I've read a couple of 'Bachman' books now and I find them to be more concise than some of King's King books.

mae
04-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Here's the Losers Club podcast episode on the book:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/04/episode-115-the-dark-half/

ratchet41
05-04-2019, 12:26 AM
i simply love love love this book and this is one of the King films that i also love as well. what really is heartbreaking is the studio interference that Romero got when he made this, they screwed him over so bad that it's quite sad. when i first saw the film many years ago back in the 90's. i was really hoping to like it and thankfully it turned out for me to be one of the better ones, the book and the film i think are vastly underrated.