PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching right now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

DoctorDodge
07-30-2010, 01:31 PM
With On Demand on the internet along with a ton of other ways to watch/listen to tv on the computer whilst spending time on discussion boards, I thought a companion thread to "What are you listening to right now?" was in order. Or maybe that's just me, but sod it, I'll start first anyway. If there's already a similar thread mods, feel free to merge it!

Doctor Who: Terror of the Autons - Part One

alkanto
07-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Supernatural - the best show on the CW...scratch that. Make that "The only show worth watching on that stupid network..."

Plus a lot of Canadian Indie films I found on Netflix...Jekyl is coming up on my queue, I promise :D

DoctorDodge
07-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Supernatural - the best show on the CW...scratch that. Make that "The only show worth watching on that stupid network...

I think the fact that it's made by that network has been the only thing that has stopped me from watching it, although what i've caught of it has surprised me, I must admit.

idk, my bff jill?
07-30-2010, 03:10 PM
All The Real Girls.

DoctorDodge
07-30-2010, 03:26 PM
I knew this thread would be worth it! :lol:

Watching right now: as before, but Part 2. Oh, and Roger Delgado: best. villain actor. ever. Taken away from the world before he could've become a world famous actor, imo.

EDIT: Oh, and I've just seen an employee's death by plastic chair, followed by a truly fantastic line regarding the termination of his employment. It's ridiculous things like that that make me love this show! :lol:

Merlin1958
07-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Supernatural - the best show on the CW...scratch that. Make that "The only show worth watching on that stupid network..."

Plus a lot of Canadian Indie films I found on Netflix...Jekyl is coming up on my queue, I promise :D

Really? I've had several recommendations to check this out, but alas have yet to. I suppose that seals it. I'll have to trek on down to the BB and rent the seasons and get caught up. Is it live now? Should I set my tivo? How many seasons so far?

Must....have.....something to......replace........ that "Lost" disappointment!!!!

:cool:

fernandito
07-30-2010, 04:10 PM
About to watch Dexter - Season 1, episode 2 - in a few minutes.

DoctorDodge
07-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Must....have.....something to......replace........ that "Lost" disappointment!!!!

My recommendation, Merlin?

My recommendation to everyone, naturally: Doctor Who! New series, at least! Can't go wrong, there!

I know I've been filling my gap of new Doctor Who eps by catching up on Lost (am up to start of season 4, atm), so it could work the other way round!

Merlin1958
07-30-2010, 04:43 PM

My recommendation, Merlin?

My recommendation to everyone, naturally: Doctor Who! New series, at least! Can't go wrong, there!

I know I've been filling my gap of new Doctor Who eps by catching up on Lost (am up to start of season 4, atm), so it could work the other way round!

Are they available at BB? I might give Dr. Who a whirl, I hear so many good things.

Lost? Be careful what you wish for........................the writers won't give it!!!

Lotta, self fulfillment there!!!

DoctorDodge
07-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Are they available at BB? I might give Dr. Who a whirl, I hear so many good things.

Lost? Be careful what you wish for........................the writers won't give it!!!

Actually have no idea. I know you can watch the past 4 seasons online at Netflix, but beyond that, I don't know anything about watching it in the US, mate.

Still, it's worth tracking down. Every episode's so different, it's one of the few shows where I actualy pay attention to who the writer is!

Merlin1958
07-30-2010, 04:53 PM

Actually have no idea. I know you can watch the past 4 seasons online at Netflix, but beyond that, I don't know anything about watching it in the US, mate.

Still, it's worth tracking down. Every episode's so different, it's one of the few shows where I actualy pay attention to who the writer is!

Coo enuff, Mate!! If 4 seasons are in the bag, I should be able to get it at Blockbuster. Thanks for the heads-up. I been hearing its a great show, but wasn't sure when and how to jump in!!!

Thanks!!!!

Lost:

Emotionally satisfactory.....Intellectually not so much!!!!

DoctorDodge
07-30-2010, 05:05 PM
I've heard a lot about that, but I still plan on watching Lost to the end. I'll be honest, if it's resolution is as brilliant as the resolution to the 5 year story of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes, I'd be very surprised!

Oh, and btw: if you don't see a box set of Doctor Who: Season One but do see a box set of another season, go ahead and check that season out anyway. Practically every season is mostly self contained: sure, there's a few references or characters make return appearances, and there's usually a self contained season arc, but every season is equally focused on both the hardcore followers and the casual audience. Just thought I'd mention!

Merlin1958
07-30-2010, 05:21 PM
I've heard a lot about that, but I still plan on watching Lost to the end. I'll be honest, if it's resolution is as brilliant as the resolution to the 5 year story of Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes, I'd be very surprised!

Oh, and btw: if you don't see a box set of Doctor Who: Season One but do see a box set of another season, go ahead and check that season out anyway. Practically every season is mostly self contained: sure, there's a few references or characters make return appearances, and there's usually a self contained season arc, but every season is equally focused on both the hardcore followers and the casual audience. Just thought I'd mention!

Cool, maybe I'll give it a go!!!!!!!!

:clap:

alkanto
07-30-2010, 07:07 PM

Really? I've had several recommendations to check this out, but alas have yet to. I suppose that seals it. I'll have to trek on down to the BB and rent the seasons and get caught up. Is it live now? Should I set my tivo? How many seasons so far?

Yes, I would fully recommend watching Supernatural! They are filming season 6, which is set to premiere on Friday, September 24.
If you get TNT, it does run on syndication every morning from 9-11, but I think they are in the late third/early fourth season at the moment...so if you wait about a month you could probably catch it in the early seasons.

It was actually supposed to end after season 5 (if you get that far, you'll see why. I actually wished it did, the finale was so good!) But I dunno...season six is coming in with new writers, and a new show runner, so it's a crap shoot as to what it will actually entail. If you have any questions (if you start watching, that is) just ask! I'm a Supernatural buff...and I love showing off! :D

turtlex
07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Watching right now ... Another Country from 1984. Starring Rupert Everett, Cary Elwes, and Colin Firth.

candy
08-01-2010, 03:35 AM
The Runaway Bride

skyplussed from yesterday

Jean
08-01-2010, 04:20 AM
Ashes and Diamonds by Andrzej Wajda (Popiół i diament, 1958 )

DoctorDodge
08-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Spaced: Series 2, Episode 7 - Leaves

turtlex
08-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Howard's End w/ Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson. I so love this movie.

DocPain
08-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Watching The Stand and drinking my 3rd cup of coffee. :dance::cyclops::dance::nana::clap:

Heather19
08-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Mad Men - Season 4 episode 1

DoctorDodge
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Just heading off to watch...

Sherlock - Episode 2!

alkanto
08-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Just heading off to watch...

Sherlock - Episode 2!

Oh, so jealous! :lol: anyway you want to record the episodes and sent 'em my way? ;) It simply looks too good to miss...

DoctorDodge
08-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh, I'm sure you'll be able to catch it on PBS...eventually. :P

DoctorDodge
08-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Watching right now: Almost Famous. Love that film!

turtlex
08-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Watching right now: Almost Famous. Love that film!

:huglove: It's one of my favorites!!!!!!

Do you have the extended version?!??? That is super awesome!

DoctorDodge
08-01-2010, 03:51 PM
No, i'm just watching it on tv right now! My sister introduced me to it ages ago and, along with Withnail and I and 500 Days of Summer, it's one of those rare films that both me and her agree on being brilliant!

turtlex
08-01-2010, 03:57 PM
No, i'm just watching it on tv right now! My sister introduced me to it ages ago and, along with Withnail and I and 500 Days of Summer, it's one of those rare films that both me and her agree on being brilliant!

Dude. Go Get The Director's Cut Version. NOW !! It's awesome. Not to mention that the director's commentary is priceless.

The extended version has more stuff about Penny Lane, and the story is just ... if you can imagine, even better!!

Sincerely. It's worth the money to buy the extended version on DVD, even if you have the original.

I wrote a review of the Director's Cut on Amazon. Check It Out. It's the first review of the set.

DoctorDodge
08-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Dude. Go Get The Director's Cut Version. NOW !! It's awesome. Not to mention that the director's commentary is priceless.

The extended version has more stuff about Penny Lane, and the story is just ... if you can imagine, even better!!

Sincerely. It's worth the money to buy the extended version on DVD, even if you have the original.

I wrote a review of the Director's Cut on Amazon. Check It Out (http://www.amazon.com/Almost-Famous-Directors-Two-Disc-Special/dp/B00005OM4Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1280706970&sr=8-2). It's the first review of the set.

Shit, Pam. Just when it seems my respect of you as a fellow film lover couldn't get any higher, you show me a fantastic review that makes me want to get the Director's Cut immediately. And trust me, normally I would get myself a copy right after I read a review like that! (Also, it helps to know that you've got great taste and you prefer the original version of the Office, so I always trust your opinion! :lol:)

It's just such a shame I just spent a shitload of money on getting another Doctor Who collector's edition set! Ah well. Next week, when I get some money, I'm gonna look up online and get it.

It seems that every film I've seen with Zooey Deschanel in it, whether she's the lead or just a background character, it's usually fucking awesome. Have you seen 500 Days of Summer, Pam? That's what made me take notice of her in the first place, really.

turtlex
08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
:blush: Thanks very much, DD.

Oh, and yeah - I love Zooey.

Anita Miller: FECK YOU!
Elaine Miller: HEY!
Anita Miller: This is a house of lies!
Elaine Miller: Well there it is, your sister used the "F" word.
Young William: I think she said "feck."
Elaine Miller: What's the difference?
Young William: The letter "u."

Ever seen Eulogy w/ Zooey? The movie is pretty bad, but she's awesome in it ( no surprise there ).

DoctorDodge
08-01-2010, 04:34 PM
:blush: Thanks very much, DD.

Oh, and yeah - I love Zooey.

Anita Miller: FECK YOU!
Elaine Miller: HEY!
Anita Miller: This is a house of lies!
Elaine Miller: Well there it is, your sister used the "F" word.
Young William: I think she said "feck."
Elaine Miller: What's the difference?
Young William: The letter "u."

Ever seen Eulogy w/ Zooey? The movie is pretty bad, but she's awesome in it ( no surprise there ).

No, but i wanna check it out now just because she's in it! :lol: Also, I'm definitely with ya on the loving her part! Great actress, great singer and gorgeous: what's not to love?

Oh, and slightly off topic, but since you do have such fantastic taste: have you ever seen Spaced? Because that's easily one of my favourite British sitcoms (I could say "Britcom", but it just sounds too tacky to me) ever. I'm just asking because I think you've got a good enough sense of humour to enjoy it. Even it if it is fuckall like the Office! :lol:

frik
08-02-2010, 09:06 AM
At the moment - nothing.
But I'm waiting for my seventh Dark Shadows DVD collection.
Fun series!

sk

DoctorDodge
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Just finished watching another Dr Who episode, The Brink of Disaster. Love the really early eps: cheap, slow, but fantastic characters!

And I've never watched Dark Shadows frik, mainly because I don't think any channel shows it over here, but I do know of the Big Finish audio series, and their standard is usually of a high quality, so I might have to find a way to check the tv series out sometime. With all the old scifi and horror series I've enjoyed before, it does sound my cup of tea.

Heather19
08-02-2010, 02:41 PM
That's one that I've been meaning to get into as well. I've only caught a random episode here and there. I heard rumors that Tim Burton's working on a film version.

DoctorDodge
08-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Trouble is, I'd have to import it: no region 2 release dvd available yet. Still, if Tim Burton is working on a film version, I could just wait a long while: there's always the possibility that to cash on a film release, there'd finally be a market for a UK release!

Heather19
08-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Well I'm not sure how true the rumors are. I haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

Currently watching, some episode of Spaced :lol:

DoctorDodge
08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Currently watching, some episode of Spaced :lol:

It's times like this I so wish this site had a "Like" button like on Facebook! :lol:

Brice
08-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Dark Shadows was a great little show. I love it. I wish I had the whole series on dvd.

Ricky
08-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Watching Scream Queens on vh1. It's kind of...bad. Kind of like trainwreck, but I can't look away. :lol:

alkanto
08-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Now I'm watching Fanboys...a hilarious movie! I grew up watching Star Wars, so I get all the jokes - I am most definitely the target audience for that movie :lol:

frik
08-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Trouble is, I'd have to import it: no region 2 release dvd available yet.

I doubt there ever will be. But, living in The Netherlands, I'm in the same boat you are but I've been ordering the DS sets for awhile now. The dollar isn't worth that much these days, so a complete set, including s/h, is affordable (strictly speaking for myself).
I'd say, go for it!!

Of course, you do need a region-free DVD-player....But also those are very affordable these days.

Dark Shadows was a great little show. I love it. I wish I had the whole series on dvd.

You do know it's out there, don't you?? :)

sk

RainInSpain
08-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Just about to watch one of the episodes from season 1 of "Bones" during lunch break :excited:

Brice
08-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Trouble is, I'd have to import it: no region 2 release dvd available yet.

I doubt there ever will be. But, living in The Netherlands, I'm in the same boat you are but I've been ordering the DS sets for awhile now. The dollar isn't worth that much these days, so a complete set, including s/h, is affordable (strictly speaking for myself).
I'd say, go for it!!

Of course, you do need a region-free DVD-player....But also those are very affordable these days.

You do know it's out there, don't you?? :)

sk

Yes, unfortunately there is much more out there that I want than I have $s to pay for. :( At some point I may pick it up.

turtlex
08-03-2010, 04:40 AM
OT but a hint for region free ... I use my laptop for watching UK DVDs and my PS3 for the US one's. That way - it doesn't cost me anything extra. My laptop software ( can't recall right now - I'm at work so can't check, sorry ) allows you to change the region up to three times. So I can switch back and forth a couple of times, but never have.

Heather19
08-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Doctor Who - Season 5 ep 12 The Pandorica Opens

DoctorDodge
08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Doctor Who - Season 5 ep 12 The Pandorica Opens

DoctorDodge likes this. :thumbsup:

Heather19
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
:o

Now watching: Doctor Who - Season 5 ep 13

DoctorDodge
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Regarding the awesomeness of that finale Heather, I expect a PM pretty soon! :D

candy
08-04-2010, 10:32 AM
death of the universe. (its very good and most informative - better than the bermuda triangle mystery that was on before it)

DoctorDodge
08-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Batman Begins. It's funny that I've had this on dvd for a while now, and yet as brilliant as I thought of it as a fantastic Batman adaptation the first time I saw it, I've only watched it a few times on dvd, which is nothing compared to how many times I've watched The Dark Knight. But then, after watching The Dark Knight, it's kinda hard not just for any Batman adaptation to match up, but for any comic book movie at all to match up to it.

Still, Scott Pilgrim's out later this month, so maybe that can finally match TDK's standards! :lol:

Mattrick
08-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Booo on Scott Pilgrim

I just watched Fantastic Planet and Synecdoche, New York and both are mutli-layered and very intelligent movies.

As for TV I've recently watched both Dexter Season 4 and In Treatment Season 2. With Darabont's The Walking Dead coming on AMC in October, at least I'll have a new show to watch.

Ricky
08-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Still, Scott Pilgrim's out later this month, so maybe that can finally match TDK's standards! :lol:

I will pretend you never said that. That's like,

Twilight>Doctor Who ;)

DoctorDodge
08-05-2010, 07:23 AM

Twilight>Doctor Who ;)

Except that Twilight's not directed by Edgar Wright. The same director who did:

Spaced
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz

Although if Edgar Wright did direct Twilight, he'd probably actually turn that into something ridiculously awesome, too! :lol:

Ricky
08-05-2010, 09:59 AM
I really wasn't a fan of Shaun of the Dead. I just didn't think it was funny.

candy
08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Batman Begins. It's funny that I've had this on dvd for a while now, and yet as brilliant as I thought of it as a fantastic Batman adaptation the first time I saw it, I've only watched it a few times on dvd, which is nothing compared to how many times I've watched The Dark Knight. But then, after watching The Dark Knight, it's kinda hard not just for any Batman adaptation to match up, but for any comic book movie at all to match up to it.

i'm in the 'very' small group that prefers Batman Begins, i love the whole - this is how the legend started. gives me goosebumps:clap:

now i want to watch it again:clap:

Twilight>Doctor Who ;)

:rofl: harsh ricky harsh:rofl:

fernandito
08-05-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't think The Dark Knight will be toppled as king of the comic book movies for a long time.

Ricky
08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
....at least until Batman 3 in 2012. :D

fernandito
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
:lol:

It won't be as good as TDK, but I'm positive that Batman 3 will cement Nolan's Batman universe as one of the greatest trilogies of all time.

DoctorDodge
08-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't think The Dark Knight will be toppled as king of the comic book movies for a long time.

Very likely not, but from everything I've seen so far of Scott Pilgrim, and being a fan of the first 3 volumes so far, the movie looks like it'll very likely strike the perfect balance between being faithful to the spirit of the comic and what made it work, whilst being an awesome film in its own right. Have I said anywhere that it'll be a better film than the Dark Knight? Absolutely not, even I can't deny that TDK is easily one of the best comic book movies ever, but I do believe that Scott Pilgrim will work incredibly well as both a fan pleaser and a fucking great comedy film. With OTT, video game fight scenes!

I really wasn't a fan of Shaun of the Dead. I just didn't think it was funny.

:scared: ...What? Maybe you didn't find it funny, but you can't deny that it's a fantastic tribute to the George Romero classics! Every classic element of those great zombie movies are there: a group joining together, believing they'll be safe where they are (even if it is in Dawn's case a mall or in Shaun's case, a pub), until the group breaks down and the zombies come in their hundreds anyway. The fact that there was a romantic comedy plot about a man finally learning to grow up was just a bonus, but the real comedy of it came from something of a classic American sub-genre being told in a British setting, where important things to the plot like fighting back with guns is made considerably more difficult for the characters. It's a particular skill of Edgar Wright to always make that kind of story work, but it is one reason why I believe Scott Pilgrim may not be quite as good as Shaun and Spaced: that key element of American genre in England is taken away entirely for Scott Pilgrim, but since the comics are so awesome, it'll still be pretty good, if Edgar Wright applies his rather unique style to it. I still think it's gonna be one of the best comedy films of the year, anyway!

Ricky
08-05-2010, 02:55 PM
:scared: ...What? Maybe you didn't find it funny, but you can't deny that it's a fantastic tribute to the George Romero classics! Every classic element of those great zombie movies are there: a group joining together, believing they'll be safe where they are (even if it is in Dawn's case a mall or in Shaun's case, a pub), until the group breaks down and the zombies come in their hundreds anyway.

Nope, that's not it. I just thought it was stupid. I didn't find it funny at all. To me, it's just another "spoof" movie in an already beat-to-death genre. I'm not a fan of British humor anyway, so that's a good part of it.

DoctorDodge
08-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Wow. An American who doesn't like Shaun of the Dead. Well that's gotta be a first! It's like hearing from someone that Inception wasn't a complex movie!

DoctorDodge
08-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Currently watching: Sherlock - A Study in Pink. Guys out of the UK, you have no idea what you're missing! Not until October, anyway! :evil:

candy
08-10-2010, 10:56 AM
watching SG1 (:cry: i miss them)

series finale for series 6

goodbye Jonas:rose:

DoctorDodge
08-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Watching Lost: The Beginning of the End. Heather19 and Ricky, you can thank me later. Actually Ricky, you can thank me now by going onto Netflix and watching Blink. Right now. Or I won't watch anything more of Lost (after season 4, anyway) until you do! :P

Heather19
08-11-2010, 01:52 PM
:lol: Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Ricky
08-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Why is everyone ganging up on me? :rofl:

DoctorDodge
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Because you ganged up on me for not watching Lost until now! No, let me rephrase that: you ganged up on me for only having watched the first 3 fucking seasons!

One episode, Ricky! That's all we're asking! Why you haven't watched Blink yet to shut us up is beyond me! :lol:

Ricky
08-11-2010, 02:34 PM
:P

I'll watch it tomorrow. Then you're gonna shut your face. :lol:

DoctorDodge
08-11-2010, 02:41 PM
:lol: Fair enough! I'll most likely be watching Lost for the next couple of days, anyway. But if you've still not watched at least Blink by the point I've finished season 4, you do know I'm gonna have to go super saiyan on your ass, right? Because we all know how many times I've mentioned that you should watch Dr Who and how many times you've mentioned I should watch Lost season 4, right?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND! :onfire:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

Heather19
08-11-2010, 02:43 PM
:P

I'll watch it tomorrow. Then you're gonna shut your face. :lol:

:excited: You're gonna love it! I promise.

Ricky
08-11-2010, 03:03 PM

But...you only have 710 posts. :lol:

:excited: You're gonna love it! I promise.

Your track record is pretty good so far, so I trust you. :thumbsup:

DoctorDodge
08-11-2010, 04:06 PM

But...you only have 710 posts. :lol:

I know, but can I help it if I have to make a reference to Dragonball Z? :lol:

TLC
08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
anyone watching Rubicon?
if so, what do you think?

I'm also watching Whale Wars :)

Mattrick
08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Robot Chicken.

I wanted to watch Rubicon but was on vacation....that's James Badge Dale in it, is it not?

Jean
08-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Watching: Dr.Strangelove

Jean
08-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Watching: Shutter Island

Letti
08-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Watching: Shutter Island

lucky you, damn good movie

Brice
08-13-2010, 03:19 AM
I am watching through Letti's window. :ninja:

Wait, that isn't what this thread is about is it? ..still...

Jean
08-14-2010, 07:47 AM
re-watching: Frantic

U.S. Embassy Official: What number are you calling from?
Walker: How should I know? I am in a cafe, the Paris Midi.
Official: How do you spell that?
Walker: How do you... with an "S" for shithead!

DoctorDodge
08-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Doctor Who: The Keys of Marinus - The Sea of Death

God I love the really old classics! Not just because the old TARDIS team was awesome, but mostly for William Hartnell's Doctor: "Do you think the sea is frozen?" "No, not in this temperature. Besides, it's too warm!" :lol: He said a lot of lines like that!

candy
08-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Lost in Space the film

shoot me now

please

DoctorDodge
08-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Misfits: Series 1, Episode 6

Nathan: You'd shag your own sister for a piece of cheese!
Simon: I don't even like cheese.
Nathan: That just makes it even worse, you sick bastard!

:rofl: When will they show series 2?!?

Jean
08-16-2010, 01:18 AM
watching: Session 9

alinda
08-16-2010, 02:02 AM
watching the clock tick....:(

Heather19
08-16-2010, 02:18 AM
watching: Session 9

:thumbsup: I hope you enjoy it!

DoctorDodge
08-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Finished watching El Mariachi. Now Desperado!

turtlex
08-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Just finished watching Star Trek:TNG / Best of Both Worlds Part 2 on BBC America!

Now watching a movie called Class Action starring Gene Hackman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and Lawrence Fishburne. It's an excellent, if little seen, court room drama.

alkanto
08-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Watching a random tennis match from earlier yesterday...only thing on

BROWNINGS CHILDE
08-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Letters from Iwo Jima.

Jean
08-21-2010, 06:08 AM
watching: I'm A Cyborg, But That's OK

candy
08-21-2010, 06:12 AM
watching lara croft beat some random guy up (yep hubbie has appropriated the big tv for his xbox:shoot:)

but i have shutter island for tonight

Brice
08-21-2010, 12:13 PM

:thumbsup:

Jean
08-21-2010, 12:14 PM
indeed

Heather19
08-21-2010, 01:31 PM

Do you have the dvd Brice? I can't find it being available over here. I'll have to check around online for it.

Jean
08-21-2010, 01:38 PM
grrrrr I nearly offered you to do that old trick again (since it seemed to work once), but I only have a version with Russian translation... don't think you speak any Korean.........

Brice
08-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Oh, I don't know if it's been released here or not, Heather. I do have a dvd with english subtitles.

turtlex
08-22-2010, 02:39 AM
Currently watching : A River Runs Through It

One of my all time favs.

Heather19
08-22-2010, 05:06 AM
grrrrr I nearly offered you to do that old trick again (since it seemed to work once), but I only have a version with Russian translation... don't think you speak any Korean.........

Oh, I don't know if it's been released here or not, Heather. I do have a dvd with english subtitles.

Thanks guys. I tried a couple of sites and couldn't find it. But I think I just found it on youtube :)

turtlex
08-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Law and Order:SVU marathon.

Jean
08-22-2010, 10:15 PM
re-watching: Repulsion

Brice
08-23-2010, 12:53 AM

Thanks guys. I tried a couple of sites and couldn't find it. But I think I just found it on youtube :)

Well? Did you?

DoctorDodge
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM
About to watch: Shaun of the Dead, for the first time in far too long. Expect me to rave about this and explain in serious detail why it's one of my favourite films ever in the "Rate the last movie you watched" thread later.

DoctorDodge
08-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Currently watching: Doctor Who - The Sensorites

Continuing to watch the show's first ever season (that's right, the one where the Doctor was an old man and began as something of a scheming bastard), this story is ok by 60s standards, but it's not nearly as strong as the previous story the Aztecs. That's one I recommend to new fans: no monsters, just a great story about a companion trying to change history, with slight themes of belief versus rationality hidden away in there, and some surprisingly meaty drama for the actors to get their teeth into. Add to that a funny subplot about the Doctor accidentally getting engaged over a drink of cocoa and the BBC doing what they do best and make the historical piece look good, and you get possibly one of the best stories of the 60s. Such a shame the BBC don't do the "pure" historical stories in new Who, they really were some of the best in the original series.

Ricky
08-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Currently watching: Doctor Who

Were we to assume anything else? :lol:

DoctorDodge
08-27-2010, 06:21 PM
I do occasionally watch other shows, Ricky! Like the Office (both versions, although UK moreso than US, admittedly), Red Dwarf, Spaced, and of course, Lost!

Oh, that reminds me!

I've finally ordered

Doctor Who: The Lost TV Episodes Collection on cd! That'll fill the missing gaps in my collection!

Ricky
08-27-2010, 06:24 PM
You fooled me! When I saw Lost, I got excited. :lol:

I don't think I got the chance to ask you, what'd you think of the season 4 finale?

DoctorDodge
08-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Loved it! Thought it was a great way to end the season. Shocking, dramatic, and all round brilliant! Also, loved how all the loose ends between the island story and the flashforwards were mostly tied up!

To be honest, I'm pretty satisfied to leave it, for the moment. I'll expect I'll get seasons 5 and 6 eventually, but a lot of stuff has been resolved for now, and there's some time yet to pass between the endings of seasons 4 and 5, unlike, oh, about all the other seasons when there wasn't a single second difference between the ending of one and the beginning of another! It got sometimes frustrating, I must admit: I don't want my seasons to be entirely self contained, and I do enjoy season cliffhangers when done right, but I always like a little bit of time to pass and have some things resolved, not stop when things finally start to get interesting! But overall, season 4's been my favourite so far. Great story, fast pace, and more questions than ever!

Or maybe I just love the whole timey wimeyness of it! :lol:

Bethany
08-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Friday night. I must be home watching iCarly.

Ricky
08-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Loved it! Thought it was a great way to end the season. Shocking, dramatic, and all round brilliant! Also, loved how all the loose ends between the island story and the flashforwards were mostly tied up!

To be honest, I'm pretty satisfied to leave it, for the moment. I'll expect I'll get seasons 5 and 6 eventually, but a lot of stuff has been resolved for now, and there's some time yet to pass between the endings of seasons 4 and 5, unlike, oh, about all the other seasons when there wasn't a single second difference between the ending of one and the beginning of another! It got sometimes frustrating, I must admit: I don't want my seasons to be entirely self contained, and I do enjoy season cliffhangers when done right, but I always like a little bit of time to pass and have some things resolved, not stop when things finally start to get interesting! But overall, season 4's been my favourite so far. Great story, fast pace, and more questions than ever!

Or maybe I just love the whole timey wimeyness of it! :lol:

Yeah, I get what you're saying. There's No Place Like Home is one of my favorite finales ever, especially the wonderful opening montage.

I think it's good that you're taking a break between 4 and 5/6, but I am so excited for you to see the last minute of season 5!!

Friday night. I must be home watching iCarly.

You are my hero. Even though you like milk.

alkanto
08-27-2010, 08:02 PM
America's Most Haunted Places: Part 2

Now I'm not gonna sleep...awesome!

Jean
08-31-2010, 06:50 AM
watching: Memento

Brice
08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
:thumbsup: I hope you enjoy it, Jean.

candy
08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
watching: Memento

i loved memento!!:clap:

watching ice pilots

and realising i really do watch some crap!!:doh:

Jean
08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
I hope you enjoy it, Jean.

to an extent, yes

it is clever

(more tomorrow)

candy
08-31-2010, 11:02 AM
ya big tease!!!:P:lol:

Woofer
08-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Our security cameras. I'm watching for the postal carrier.

Jean
09-02-2010, 04:33 AM
watching: The Prestige

Ricky
09-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Let me know what you think when you're finished, Jean. It's one of my favorite films.

alkanto
09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Season 2 of Supernatural - episode 20 "What is, and What Should Never Be"

DoctorDodge
09-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Quadrophenia

Woofer
09-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Rock Slyde

alinda
09-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Just finished watching Fringe, and can not sleep....does my brain forget that I have to work in 6 hours? :yawn: also I am so happy to have reconnected with my son. Now if only the other two could see their way to the truth.:orely: too much to ask for?:(

RUBE
09-02-2010, 07:20 PM
College Football. I don't know how I can stand the rest of the year when it isn't on.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Police Acadamy.....Don't judge me!

Ricky
09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Just finished watching Fringe

Was this the one on FOX that was repeated the other night?

candy
09-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Season 2 of Supernatural - episode 20 "What is, and What Should Never Be"

i just started season 2:thumbsup:

currently watching - dr who the movie (paul mcgann just kicked into dr mode:rock:

Brice
09-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Police Acadamy.....Don't judge me!

I'm sorry, but I must.

I love Police Academy.

DoctorDodge
09-04-2010, 05:02 AM
currently watching - dr who the movie (paul mcgann just kicked into dr mode:rock:

:clap: Love McGann as the Doctor! He makes the rubbish plot of the tv movie worth watching over and over again!

alkanto
09-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Now catching up on my DVR recordings of Covert Affairs - I love Auggie! :huglove:

candy
09-04-2010, 07:23 AM
D.A.R.R.Y.L

Jean
09-04-2010, 07:23 AM
watching: American Graffiti

Mattrick
09-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Re-Watching In Treatment season one with the girlfriend. Thinking about watching Syriana tonight.

Daghain
09-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Season 2 of Buffy. For the first time. :D

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-04-2010, 06:09 PM
TCU Hornfrogs vs. Oregon St. Beavers.

Daghain
09-04-2010, 06:38 PM
So many off-color comments, so little time. Hornfrogs? Beavers? Yeah. :lol:

Jean
09-04-2010, 10:48 PM

... FAILED

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Now watching Jackie Brown........again.

candy
09-04-2010, 11:42 PM

... FAILED

why fail?

Jean
09-04-2010, 11:54 PM
I was so bored... I watched about one third, it was like an endless prologue to a horror movie, you know, where all them teenagers go to a haunted house or something...

I'll try again later, I got to finish it since I started

candy
09-05-2010, 12:00 AM
i don't think i have watched it? based on that though i don't think i shall.

watching captain corelli's mandolin

Brice
09-05-2010, 04:15 AM

Wow! For the first time????

alkanto
09-05-2010, 07:23 AM
The Librarian: King Solomon's Tomb :D

Woofer
09-05-2010, 08:59 AM
TOOL - the Grudge Live

Jean
09-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Wow! For the first time????
bears have never watched any Buffy...

Woofer
09-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I was so bored... I watched about one third, it was like an endless prologue to a horror movie, you know, where all them teenagers go to a haunted house or something...

I'll try again later, I got to finish it since I started

It probably won't help. If you aren't into the nostalgia aspect, then the rest of the movie will suck as much as the first to you. :rose:

Jean
09-06-2010, 04:11 AM
How do you mean, nostalgia?

candy
09-06-2010, 10:33 AM
australian master chef is back

whoop woop

there goes my life for the next 3 months

Woofer
09-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Jean, by the nostalgia aspect, I mean the tribute to the late 50s and early 60s music, activities (cruising, listening to Wolfman Jack, going to high school events). The essence of the movie is last night before friends go their separate ways after high school, e.g., the transition from children to adults as they go to college or the service (and the war). In that way it is a coming of age film, but it is a very American coming of age film. I can see how it wouldn't appeal to someone not immersed in the culture.

DoctorDodge
09-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah, it's films like that that can have a lot of appeal to people who grew up in that culture. I think Quadrophenia is amazing, but I'd be interested to see if the story of a young British mod will translate as well anywhere else.

Watching Right Now: This Is England. Seen it twice in the past couple of days on dvd, now watching it on channel 4 before they start TIE '86 tomorrow. Definitely a film that should be seen by anyone, I think.

Jean
09-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Jean, by the nostalgia aspect, I mean the tribute to the late 50s and early 60s music, activities (cruising, listening to Wolfman Jack, going to high school events). The essence of the movie is last night before friends go their separate ways after high school, e.g., the transition from children to adults as they go to college or the service (and the war). In that way it is a coming of age film, but it is a very American coming of age film. I can see how it wouldn't appeal to someone not immersed in the culture. right...

Will try to find Quadrophenia now. I do believe that if a movie is good, it doesn't matter whether or not you have some particular experience.

DoctorDodge
09-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Will try to find Quadrophenia now. I do believe that if a movie is good, it doesn't matter whether or not you have some particular experience.

:thumbsup: Brilliant, Jean! I know I enjoyed it, even though I wasn't born in the time it was set, so the nostalgia aspect for me wasn't quite as big as for other fans of the film (such as my dad). Still, I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on it!

Brice
09-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Jean...see Quadrophenia...see Buffy.

Jean
09-07-2010, 06:27 AM
downloading Quadrophenia right now

are brices serious about Buffy? bears plan to live long, but not forever

turtlex
09-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Quadrophenia :thumbsup:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer ( tv series ) :thumbsup: :wub: Some of the best US television. Ever.

Brice
09-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Brices are serious. It's a a clever show. Some of the best tv ever.

fernandito
09-07-2010, 06:34 AM
A little bit more than halfway through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

turtlex
09-07-2010, 06:45 AM

Liking it? Hating it?

Jean
09-07-2010, 06:46 AM
I will try some Buffy later, if Brices say so.

DoctorDodge
09-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Brices are serious. It's a a clever show. Some of the best tv ever.

I'd certainly agree with that. 1st season was good, but the 2nd's where everything really kicks off with one of my favourite storyline's in a tv show ever. It's not quite what I'd call having some of the best stuff you'll ever see on tv (that would be any episode of Doctor Who written by Steven Moffat, no scratch that, anything written by Steven Moffat in the past five years), but it comes pretty darn close. I really need to get myself a complete series set sometime, actually.

Brice
09-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Yes, see every episode.

DoctorDodge
09-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Although I'll be honest: as much as I loved every ep of Buffy, I loved Firefly even more. Sucks that they only did 14 episodes of that, Captain Mal Reynolds was the coolest captain ever! Should've lasted way, way longer!

Brice
09-07-2010, 07:13 AM
I have yet to see Firefly.

DoctorDodge
09-07-2010, 07:15 AM
I have yet to see Firefly.

...what? All the awesome telly you've watched and you haven't watched Firefly? :scared:

Get it now, Brice! And get a copy of Serenity to watch immediately afterwards! You won't regret it!

I can't believe I even have to make this recommendation to a Joss Whedon fan!

Brice
09-07-2010, 07:17 AM
It'll be a while. I am broke for now.

It's been on my very short list of shows to watch for too long though. Serenity too.

DoctorDodge
09-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Well that's fair enough. I'm in the same boat, atm. Had to pay a shitload for college fees, but it'll be worth it.

Although it does mean a significantly reduced chance of me getting the new series box set of Doctor Who on the day of release, which would be breaking a record I've been having for the past 3 years!

Brice
09-07-2010, 07:23 AM
What? Not getting the new Doctor Who on the release date? You? Turn to crime.

DoctorDodge
09-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I didn't have to worry about getting the new series sets with 1 and 2, since they were released in the US months after they were in the UK and therefore made an ideal xmas present, but for the past 3 years they've been releasing the sets one day after the UK release in the US, so therefore, I've been in more of a rush to get the awesome sets. I'm sorry, but it just feels wrong to think of Americans owning a new Dr Who set before I do: I am a Brit, after all! It's my birthright to own something cool and British first! :P

Brice
09-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Not if I get an all region DVD player and go on ebay. :innocent:

DoctorDodge
09-07-2010, 07:45 AM
True, although with the dvd releases in the US being one day after now, that's no longer a problem for me to worry about: i just have to buy the sets asafp!

alinda
09-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Shite! Ive just joined netflix, have lots of movies cued, and for some freakin unknown reason, I have no sound on my computer at all! i'm checking all wires hook ups but I am not sure about them....I need a 3 yr old NOW!:doh:I dont know what i am doing when it comes to what goes where ....too many plug ins.:nope:one incompitant plugger.

Jean
09-07-2010, 09:50 AM
watching: Quadrophenia

and loving every moment!

wow DoctorDodge, you've made my fucking day!

DoctorDodge
09-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Wow.

I mean, I knew that Quadrophenia is awesome, but I'm a Brit, it's a duty to love it! I'm actually ashamed to say I only just watched it for the first time last week!

I know you only enjoy the best movies Jean, so I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Heather19
09-07-2010, 04:12 PM

And?!

fernandito
09-07-2010, 04:14 PM

And?!

It was ... okay. Salander was easily the most interesting aspect of the movie. As cliched as it is to say this, the book was much better than the movie :lol:

Heather19
09-07-2010, 04:30 PM

And?!

It was ... okay. Salander was easily the most interesting aspect of the movie. As cliched as it is to say this, the book was much better than the movie :lol:

Ah, I loved the movie, but I also haven't read the book so...
Any plans on watching the second one while it's out, or are you going to wait and read the book first?

fernandito
09-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I'm going to read the book first. I don't think I could watch the movie and then read the book, it would ruin it for me. To be honest though, I'm not in any particular urge to go forward with the series. It's entertaining, but it's not one of my favorites, it'll sit in the backburner until I finish some of the other novels in my backlog.

turtlex
09-08-2010, 02:28 AM
re: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo ( Sweden, with English Subtitles )

Feev ... truly thought you'd enjoy it more.

Heather : :wub: :couple:

I loved the movie. Thought Noomi Rapace was amazing, a real find.

The book - you know, it's not the easiest read. It has probably the most boring first 50 pages of any I've read.

Heather19
09-08-2010, 01:48 PM
I did too Pam. I thought she was amazing in it. Have you seen the second one at all?

fernandito
09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I think I'm in love with Noomi Rapace. She can shank me in the face anytime :wub:

Jean
09-10-2010, 12:38 AM
watching: This Is England

DoctorDodge
09-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Currently watching: A History of Violence.

Heather19
09-11-2010, 01:50 PM

:thumbsup: Let me know what you think when you're done!

RUBE
09-11-2010, 06:36 PM
College Football. It is Saturday after all.

candy
09-12-2010, 01:46 AM

damn, forgot that was on last night:doh:

Mattrick
09-13-2010, 06:57 PM
MONNNDDAYYY NNNIGHHHTTT RRAWWWWWW

alkanto
09-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Pawn Stars on History Channel.

Though how it is historical astounds me. It's amusing, but hardly of any educational value....:orely:

fernandito
09-14-2010, 08:18 AM

MNR went to hell after Austin and The Rock left. It's not much more than a soap opera on steroids now.

DoctorDodge
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Currently watching: This Is England '86

Mattrick
09-14-2010, 10:46 PM

MNR went to hell after Austin and The Rock left. It's not much more than a soap opera on steroids now.

Well, this is just wrong. Wrestling has been a soap opera since way before rock and austin and if anything, everyone was on steroids during Rock and Austin. They've been effectively phased over the past 4 years. A lot of people got fired after failing tests numerous times. Ever since the Benoit incident, Vince cleaned up wrestling hardcore.

I'm watching Million Dollar Baby...hope I'll enjoy it.

DoctorDodge
09-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Watching Stewart Lee 41st Best Stand Up Ever.

Something to put on whilst I wash the dishes at this really unreasonable hour!

alkanto
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Just started watching an episode of Castle. Nathan Fillion FTW! :D

DoctorDodge
09-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Nathan Fillion FTW! :D

QFT.

YouTube - Serenity Blooper Reel

4:48 - best outtake ever. He's a fucking random sod, he is! :lol:

alkanto
09-15-2010, 06:32 PM
That was fantastic :lol:

Have you seen any of Castle? They had a Halloween episode last year, where he dressed up as a "Space Cowboy" - the exact Mal Reynolds costume! I freaked out so much...my mom thought I had gone insane. It was the perfect moment of the show, for me!

ETA:YouTube - Castle: "Space Cowboy" (Firefly/Serenity)

DoctorDodge
09-15-2010, 06:47 PM
OH MY GOD! :excited: THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME!!!

"Didn't you wear that like 5 years ago?" :rofl: Brilliant!

And I've only seen one ep, but I know I should watch it more often! I mean, Nathan Fillion, come on! But's on a semi-obscure crime channel over here, and me not normally being interested in crime it always slips my attention!

alkanto
09-15-2010, 06:51 PM
See why I freaked out? I think I woke up my neighbours when that scene came on! And Fillion has moments like that (but not quite that fantastic) every episode. You MUST watch it! Even if I have to burn copies and mail them to you myself!

DoctorDodge
09-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I will, i will! Now you've reminded me of it, I'm gonna have to watch it! After all, with Doctor Who off the telly, what else is there to watch and obsess over?

Now, if only Fillion did a film with Simon Pegg. I can't think of a more awesome combination in film, can you?

alkanto
09-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Hmmm....probably not!

I just re-watched Star Trek, and Simon Pegg is without a doubt the best part of that movie!

My dream is to have him, Fillion, and David Tenant in a film. That might be a bit more awesome...but only barely!

DoctorDodge
09-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I liked him in it, but I loved seeing Leonard Nimoy in it a whole lot more!

I think what would be even more awesome than a film with Fillion, Pegg and Tennant is Simon Pegg and Nathan Fillion getting roles in a Dr Who prequel that stars Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor in a mega epic Time War trilogy! Now that would be brilliant (before becoming fantastic when it ends in a mega dramatic regeneration sequence into Eccleston)! But it's only because McGann was one of the first Doctors I saw and I genuinely feel he got robbed of a series when they brought the show back. Robbed, I tell thee!

alkanto
09-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Well, of course Leonard Nimoy is fantastic! But I laughed the most during Pegg's parts, which is how I am measuring enjoyment in this particular case.

And yes....that would be phenomenal. :D I love Eccelston, particularly.
Now, I know I'm probably being a bad fan, but I'm not familiar with Paul McGann....I should probably go watch more....oh drat ;)

DoctorDodge
09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
He only appeared in a Fox tv movie back in 1996 that tried to bring back the series, which meant that storywise, it was shit (seriously, Eric Roberts as the fucking Master?!?), but I watch it over and over again for McGann's performance alone. Also, he regenerated from McCoy, so he's canon, at least.

Here's one of my favourite clips in the entire history of the show:
YouTube - Doctor Who 1996- These Shoes

alkanto
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Okay...makes sense that I haven't seen it yet. I shall have to dig it up and watch.

That clip is awesome "These shoes!!!" :rofl: I can see why you enjoy it so much!

DoctorDodge
09-15-2010, 07:29 PM
You know what the ironic thing about the TV movie that was made specifically for American audiences? It hasn't ever been available in America: apparently there was a shitload of rights issues and they're only going to finally release it on dvd next year as a special edition. I've got the dvd already, but I still need to get that special edition set! Becauset that's the kind of fan I am! :lol:

Also, another line of pure win from McGann that only the Doctor could say: "This planet's about to be destroyed...and I'm stuck in a traffic jam?!?"

alkanto
09-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Wasn't there a Tenant episode where he is stuck in the undercity in a traffic jam and says something similar? Or is just the situation similar? I don't know...I've only seen that one once...

You have two copies then? :drool: wouldn't mind...uh...sending a copy my way, or anything like that....:P Maybe we can do a trade off...of something? I don't know what I'd have for you, though...then out of the kindness of your heart? :D

Jean
09-16-2010, 02:41 AM
watching: Munich

Darkthoughts
09-16-2010, 05:05 AM
My youngest sister is a Gleek but she sent me this because it had Hurley in it :D

YouTube - Jimmy Fallon - Born to Run - Emmys Opening Sketch - 2010 - Glee - Emmy Awards - 720P HD

turtlex
09-16-2010, 05:07 AM
And why, I might wonder, are you not a Gleek?!??!

Jean
09-16-2010, 05:09 AM
I have googled "Gleek" and got utterly confused...

turtlex
09-16-2010, 05:10 AM
:couple:

Jean, a "Gleek" is a fan of the tv show GLEE !!!

Glee fanatics call themselves Gleeks!

Jean
09-16-2010, 05:11 AM
ah! thank you sweetheart, I feel better now :rose:

turtlex
09-16-2010, 05:12 AM
:couple: My pleasure, bear!

You'd probably get a kick out of the show. It's pretty wonderful.

Mattrick
09-16-2010, 05:31 AM
I think Glee is bloodyawful, imo. Not my kind of TV at all. But I think of 95% of TV that way. I hardly even turn the damn thing on anymore. Basically just for wrestling as that is my weekly dose of absurdity and if there is anything in this world that is beyond absurd, it's professional wrestling. ah, I love it. All the shows I would like to watch while airing (Dexter, Spartacus, The Big C) I can't and I've missed far too much of Mad Men and Breaking Bad to watch now. :(

At least new episodes of South Park should be starting up soon. :D

turtlex
09-16-2010, 05:40 AM
Gee, Mattrick hating something, no really?!?

DoctorDodge
09-16-2010, 06:31 AM
I've never really been able to get into Glee. The moment they all break into song I just kinda find it, well, cheesy. Perhaps one day I'll give it a fair chance and watch through an entire episode. Maybe. One day.

Wasn't there a Tenant episode where he is stuck in the undercity in a traffic jam and says something similar? Or is just the situation similar? I don't know...I've only seen that one once...

You have two copies then? :drool: wouldn't mind...uh...sending a copy my way, or anything like that....:P Maybe we can do a trade off...of something? I don't know what I'd have for you, though...then out of the kindness of your heart? :D

I don't think he says anything like that in Gridlock, but the traffic jam line does remind me of The Eleventh Hour when says, "Oh that's good, fantastic! That leaves just 20 minutes to save the world, and i've got a post office....and it's shut!"

Also, I might actually seriously consider sending my tv movie dvd to you, alkanto! Maybe with a couple of others as well: there's a special edition set of 3 of my most heavily watched stories coming out, which includes Talons of Weng Chiang, The Caves of Androzani, and The TV movie, of course, so naturally, I have to get it! I've been trying to get rid of my old copies for a while now, but no one I know's interested! I'll be happy to pass them on to the first person who's interested and will probably watch them over and over again, really!

turtlex
09-16-2010, 07:10 AM
You must embrace the cheese!! :lol:

Actually, I find Glee to be, for lack of a better word, sort of sweet and joyful. Plus, it's well done and the actors/singers are actually talented. That helps. And - they usually have a pretty line-up of guest performers ( what is the saying? If you've got a Tony award, you've got a guest spot on Glee ... something like that ).

I can see where some folks are turned off by the musical stuff, though. I think it's one of those shows where it helps if you watch more than one episode.

Plus again ... freaking Jane Lynch has probably the best comic timing on television right now. She's sooooo funny and really knows how to deliver a one-liner-zinger!

DoctorDodge
09-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Yeah, it's funny that I'm an old school Dr Who fan, with some of the worst/cheesiest effects ever in tv history (one story I recently watched was one from the 60s of giant ants fighting giant butterflys which looked terrible), and yet I don't like a show if it's cheesy! :lol: If it's on again, I'll give it a look.

alkanto
09-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Also, I might actually seriously consider sending my tv movie dvd to you, alkanto! Maybe with a couple of others as well: there's a special edition set of 3 of my most heavily watched stories coming out, which includes Talons of Weng Chiang, The Caves of Androzani, and The TV movie, of course, so naturally, I have to get it! I've been trying to get rid of my old copies for a while now, but no one I know's interested! I'll be happy to pass them on to the first person who's interested and will probably watch them over and over again, really!

Really? That would be phenomenal! :couple:
I will PM you

candy
09-16-2010, 10:15 AM
I think Glee is bloodyawful, imo.

I've never really been able to get into Glee.

[/QUOTE]

i bloody hate Glee - thank you for making me realise i am not on my own:couple:

currently watching Bones series one. for the first time:clap:
(i always seemed to just catch one ep, so decided to start from the start - thank you sky1)

fernandito
09-16-2010, 11:28 AM

Well ?

Jean
09-16-2010, 01:01 PM

Well ?

Alas.

I am sorry. I'll try again tomorrow, hope I'll find the place where I dropped it today.

What is the correct English word for that thing, when in documentary movies they kinda stage the events they talk about? Like, they're talking about Napoleon at St.Helena, and show a guy in a cloak sitting at the seashore? I know there's some special word for it, but I can't remember it now.

alkanto
09-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Reenactment? I think that's it.

Jean
09-16-2010, 01:19 PM
thank you! I am sure it's the word I'm looking for

Ricky
09-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Ugh...Glee? I watched the Pilot last year and there were hardly any moments that they weren't breaking out into song. I can't stand musicals, so I couldn't stomach an hour of Glee per week. :scared:

Maybe one day if everyone around me bursts out into song describing their feelings and hardships, I might feel differently.

Heather19
09-16-2010, 04:01 PM
My youngest sister is a Gleek but she sent me this because it had Hurley in it :D

YouTube - Jimmy Fallon - Born to Run - Emmys Opening Sketch - 2010 - Glee - Emmy Awards - 720P HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjkDxlhleN8)

That was hilarious. I was a little caught off guard when Don Draper showed up :lol:

You must embrace the cheese!! :lol:

Actually, I find Glee to be, for lack of a better word, sort of sweet and joyful. Plus, it's well done and the actors/singers are actually talented. That helps. And - they usually have a pretty line-up of guest performers ( what is the saying? If you've got a Tony award, you've got a guest spot on Glee ... something like that ).

I can see where some folks are turned off by the musical stuff, though. I think it's one of those shows where it helps if you watch more than one episode.

Plus again ... freaking Jane Lynch has probably the best comic timing on television right now. She's sooooo funny and really knows how to deliver a one-liner-zinger!

Pam, I love Glee! I just recently became obsessed with the show. :couple:
And I completely agree about Jane Lynch. She's perfect for the role.

Darkthoughts
09-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Both my sisters are Gleeks actually, the younger more than the middle one. I can watch the odd episode, but sometimes it's just too cheesy for my liking...and I get cross if they cover songs I really like :lol:

I loved the Gaga episode though :D

My middle sister came to the pub with me last weekend, she picked me and Stewie up in her car in which she had the Glee soundtrack playing...that was it, she and Stewie just Gleeked out all night. I told them they weren't allowed to be friends if this sort of thing was going to happen on a regular basis :lol:

alinda
09-17-2010, 04:36 AM
Next up on my Netflix when I get home today from hospital....
The Fountain, I can't wait.:rock: Wish I knew what movie Candy would like, she will be at my house on Friday this next one comming !!! :rock::rock::wtf:

fernandito
09-17-2010, 07:04 PM
The Seventh Continent by Michael Haneke.

candy
09-17-2010, 11:47 PM
The Fountain, I can't wait.:rock: Wish I knew what movie Candy would like, she will be at my house on Friday this next one comming !!! :rock::rock::wtf:

:lol: i don't think we will have time to watch a film, we will be too busy talking:excited::excited:

Jean
09-17-2010, 11:51 PM
obviously

::envious::

alinda
09-18-2010, 01:51 AM

:lol: i don't think we will have time to watch a film, we will be too busy talking:excited::excited:

True that1

Brice
09-18-2010, 03:15 AM
Gee, Mattrick hating something, no really?!?

:rofl:

Heather19
09-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Gone With the Wind

candy
09-18-2010, 09:17 AM
house of a 1000 corpses

to be followed by either
a) Dark Knight
or#
b) devils rejects

have not decided yet

Heather19
09-18-2010, 09:23 AM
house of a 1000 corpses

to be followed by either
a) Dark Knight
or#
b) devils rejects

have not decided yet

Devils Rejects!

Have you seen them before?

alinda
09-18-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm now jealous, and watching a clock at work.:arg:

candy
09-18-2010, 09:29 AM
house of a 1000 corpses

to be followed by either
a) Dark Knight
or#
b) devils rejects

have not decided yet

Devils Rejects!

Have you seen them before?

no just bought them both for colins birthday. i have heard good things about them - i shall let you know

Heather19
09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Please do, I hope you enjoy them.

turtlex
09-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Gone With the Wind

Can't wait to hear what you think. :grouphug:

turtlex
09-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Swords:Life On The Line marathon on Discovery Channel.

Yup, pretty sucked in. Love this show.

Girlystevedave
09-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Curb Your Enthusiasm :)

I find it scary that I agree with most of Larry David's opinions. :orely:

DoctorDodge
09-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Currently watching: Glee. First time I've tried watching an ep from start to finish. I'm very hmmmm about it. On the one hand i find it really funny, but i've never been a big fan of musicals. Well, not unless they're rock operas. Still, i'll keep watching, since it's actually made me laugh out loud so far, a rare achievement for a programme to do these days. Plus, that redhead is fit!

turtlex
09-19-2010, 10:39 AM
DD - Well, you know I love Glee, so I hope you end up enjoying it all.

Right now - watching a L&O:SVU marathon.

DoctorDodge
09-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Well pam, I liked Glee, but it's not something I want to watch every single week. Just a little bit too cheesy for me to enjoy regularly, really. Even if a lot of the songs were used in the most hysterical way possible! :wtf:

Ricky
09-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Well, not unless they're rock operas.

Like REPO? :thumbsup:

DoctorDodge
09-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Exactly, Ricky. Gotta love REPO.

I think a moment me and my mate practically cheered at is Anthony Head showing off how well he can hold a mega awesome note at the end of a mega awesome line: "I am only living out a LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIE!" :lol: We laughed our arses off at the sheer awesomeness of that moment!

Bethany
09-19-2010, 11:25 AM
He was the best part of "Once More, With Feeling"

DoctorDodge
09-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Idk bethany, I think James Marsters was pretty awesome singing his rock ballad Rest In Peace.

Ricky
09-19-2010, 11:30 AM

I think a moment me and my mate practically cheered at is Anthony Head showing off how well he can hold a mega awesome note at the end of a mega awesome line: "I am only living out a LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIE!" :lol: We laughed our arses off at the sheer awesomeness of that moment!

That is so hysterical, as that exact line has been stuck in my head for the past couple days!! :lol:

Bethany
09-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Idk bethany, I think James Marsters was pretty awesome singing his rock ballad Rest In Peace.

That one was pretty awesome.

DoctorDodge
09-19-2010, 11:40 AM

That is so hysterical, as that exact line has been stuck in my head for the past couple days!! :lol:

It is amazing, isn't it? It's like ultimate moment of cheesy rock opera awesomeness!

That one was pretty awesome.

It's the only track I've actually downloaded. Again, I just love the cheesiness of it (but I only like cheese when it's combined with electric guitar, otherwise I'm not interested)!

Bethany
09-19-2010, 11:43 AM
I have the CD and listen to it at least once a week. :P