PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching right now?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

DoctorDodge
09-19-2010, 11:45 AM
And with a soundtrack that awesome, I really don't blame ya in the slightest! :lol:

DoctorDodge
09-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Since the series 5 box set is out in a few weeks, would it surprise you to know that currently I'm working my way through all the series of new Who from the start? Don't worry though guys: you can expect a mega long review of each series from me somewhere on this board in no time!

Just watched series one opener Rose, now onto The End of the World! (There's not many shows out there that has a title as big as that for the second episode and actually lives up to it!)

Heather19
09-25-2010, 02:23 PM
And here I was hoping that you'd be embracing The Twilight Zone for a bit longer...

DoctorDodge
09-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Oh don't worry Heather, I'll still be watching Twilight Zone from time to time. I just like to watch it one at a time than having mini-marathon sessions like with Doctor Who. Just finished The Unquiet Dead, and that's a lot better than I remembered it. I think it's to do with the fact that I watched it in the middle of the night rather than the brightness of a saturday evening at 7pm in spring: ghosts, zombies, Charles Dickens, all set against the lovely backdrop of a snowy night on xmas eve. Wonderful stuff!

DoctorDodge
09-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Just finished watching the series 1 finale of Doctor Who. I must admit that even I thought that was quicker than expected! I had forgotten just how awesome it was!

Now for the mega-long recommendation...

alkanto
09-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Just finished with a new episode of Castle, and now on to Family Guy. It's not my favorite but it's better than the news...

Ruthful
09-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Just finished watching the Bears-Packers game on MNF. Right now I'm watching Legends & Lyrics-they have Nancy Griffin and Kris Kristofferson, and the guy from Alabama.

ErinPatricia
09-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Venture Brothers.
Im re-watching season 2, with the rest of the series on deck after that :)

Mattrick
09-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Just watched Raw which was entertaining.

Going to watch Raging Bull for the first time soon.

Mattrick
09-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Shane.

jrminvt
09-30-2010, 01:24 PM
saturday night live...

DoctorDodge
10-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Watching right now: my new Doctor Who: Revisitations set. Specifically, 50-minute documentary the Seven Year Hitch, covering why it took so long for an American movie of Doctor Who to get made. Before this set was released, I did begin to wonder if it was worth getting a set of three stories on dvd that I owned already, just with brand new bonus features. Well, judging by the first extra: if half of the new features are as exhaustive and fascinating as this little documentary, then it's worth every penny!

alkanto
10-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Right now: The Empty Child - Episode 9, Series 1 of Doctor Who. Great stuff :)

So the new DVDs finally came out, DD? Awesome :thumbsup:

DoctorDodge
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Oh yes, and judging the special features so far, it was totally worth getting! Especially the tv movie: it's very far from being a classic, but it's interesting to judge it retrospectively as the only proper Doctor Who story on tv during the 16 years where no series was made. Too sad that I grew up as a fan of Who during that time, really!

And the Empty Child is a classic. Moffat's first story for Doctor Who. Ended up being amongst the top 10 stories in a poll of how fans ranked every one of the 200 stories ever made last year! (With number 4 being Talons of Weng-Chiang and number 1 The Caves of Androzani, the other two stories in the set and shows just why every fan would want a nice extra special edition of each!)

Also, first ever appearance of Captain Jack Harkness! Brilliant!

alkanto
10-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Now I'm on to "The Doctor Dances". This is quite a good episode set :) But, gods..those kids are creepy....it's easy to see why these ones ranked so high!

DoctorDodge
10-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I know! It's wonderfully creepy stuff! Especially in Empty Child when you saw Doctor Constantine's face turns into a gas mask! That was pretty fucked up how it was done, for a family show at least! Especially how the mouthpiece came up through the mouth! Makes me feel sick just thinking about it!

But I also love the story because of how hysterical it is. Especially when Jack asks what the Doctor has when surrounded by gas mask zombies! Funniest moment in Who ever!

alkanto
10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
The mouth thing didn't creep me out so much....it was the eyes that morphed that grossed me out the most!

That was hilarious, yes! And don't forget his apparent obsession with bananas :)
And going with this series in particular, I've wanted to bring up, in The Unquiet Dead, when Charles Dickens walks in and exclaims "What the Shakespeare is going on in here?" That cracked me up! :lol:

pixiedark76
10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
I am watching The Electric Company on PBS.kids. After this I will probably be forced to watch another Disney movie. I HATE HAVING KIDS! I never get to watch grown-up TV anymore!:arg:

DoctorDodge
10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
The mouth thing didn't creep me out so much....it was the eyes that morphed that grossed me out the most!

That was hilarious, yes! And don't forget his apparent obsession with bananas :)
And going with this series in particular, I've wanted to bring up, in The Unquiet Dead, when Charles Dickens walks in and exclaims "What the Shakespeare is going on in here?" That cracked me up! :lol:

Oh that is great stuff! So many great episodes from the first series, and the fact something like the Unquiet Dead isn't among the best of the series shows just how good the best of Who really is!

I am watching The Electric Company on PBS.kids. After this I will probably be forced to watch another Disney movie. I HATE HAVING KIDS! I never get to watch grown-up TV anymore!:arg:

Hmmm, sounds like you have a conundrum, pixie. If only there was an incredibly awesome show out there that could appeal to both kids with monsters and adults with great plots. I'm racking my brains for a show like that, but nope, can't think of any!

Heather19
10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Right now: The Empty Child - Episode 9, Series 1 of Doctor Who. Great stuff :)

Love that one. One of my favorites from the new series.

Also, first ever appearance of Captain Jack Harkness! Brilliant!

Yes! Easily one of my favorite characters :wub:

Jean
10-06-2010, 08:19 PM
watching: Macbeth (1948, by Orson Welles)

Jean
10-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Watching: The Seventh Continent (Haneke)

Heather19
10-08-2010, 03:44 PM

And?!?!?! I still haven't seen any of his Shakespeare films.

alkanto
10-08-2010, 03:53 PM
How I Met Your Mother

I actually never watched it until about a week ago...but I like it. It's pretty funny. Plus...how can you go wrong with Neil Patrick Harris? :D

maerlyns_rainbow
10-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Venture Brothers.
Im re-watching season 2, with the rest of the series on deck after that :)

YES!

Venture Bros. rules

maerlyns_rainbow
10-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh, and I'm watching The Office right now.

Jean
10-08-2010, 09:07 PM

And?!?!?! I still haven't seen any of his Shakespeare films.
Well....... I'll get around to commenting on the 1971 Macbeth sooner or later (when I finish my Cul-de-Sac article, that is), and I think I'll make a comparative review. Welles' is impressive, if you like the theatrical stuff in movies, like, everyone walks about on stilts (metaphorically speaking) and recites their lines... visually good, though, - the theatrical black-and-white kind of good, looking somewhat avant-garde in a movie - but very static.

Heather19
10-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Excellent! I'll have to watch it soon, and I'll have to check out Polanski's version as well.
And I look forward to your Cul-de-sac review :couple:

Jean
10-09-2010, 07:25 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Messages/hug00083.gif

turtlex
10-09-2010, 01:18 PM
If you all have the time, Laurence Olivier's Hamlet from 1948 is wondeful. Just ... wonderful.

Now watching ... true crime stuff on Investigation Discovery.

fernandito
10-09-2010, 01:20 PM
About to watch Mystic River ... for the first time. :blush:

alkanto
10-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Watching O Brother, Where Art Thou...this is such a fun, odd movie.
The best part is the soundtrack

fernandito
10-09-2010, 01:27 PM
OBWAT is a great movie, as is expected of the Coens. Favorite George Clooney performance, hands down.

Jean
10-09-2010, 01:28 PM
If you all have the time, Laurence Olivier's Hamlet from 1948 is wondeful. Just ... wonderful. Bears love it, too!

and they adore O Brother, Where Art Thou

Emily
10-09-2010, 06:17 PM
If you all have the time, Laurence Olivier's Hamlet from 1948 is wondeful. Just ... wonderful.

I love Hamlet - 1948. I'm probably biased because I love Laurence Olivier more than life itself, but I definitely recommend that to anyone who's interested in Shakespeare movies. I don't know if I've ever met someone who's seen that before. :thumbsup:

alkanto
10-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Now watching some of my guy friends playing Halo...not exactly interesting. I hate shooting games...

candy
10-10-2010, 03:51 AM
supernatural series2

alkanto
10-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Which episode are you at, Candy? Season 2 was pretty good....you have some interesting episodes in there.

DoctorDodge
10-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Finished watching Doctor Who: Series 2 earlier, now taking a break to watch...Torchwood: Series One. Ok, so not much of a break then, considering it is still set in the Whoniverse with a cliffhanger leading into a certain ep in Who, but it's the first time I'm going to watch every ep of TW series 1 since it was on tv. First ep: Everything Changes!

DoctorDodge
10-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Currently watching: Him & Her

Kept forgetting about this series, and only now am I bothering to watch it on demand when the final ep's on tonight. Which sucks, because i laughed my arse off from the first line! Knew i should've watched this sooner!

alkanto
10-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Watching: The New Earth - Doctor Who, series 2.

I'm a bit further than this in my current viewing process, but that episode took me about two days initially to finish due to interruptions. So I'm watching it again. It makes a bit more sense now, honestly :lol:

DoctorDodge
10-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Not one of my favourite eps, but nice that they began the series in a light hearted manner again, really refreshing after all the drama and darkness and seriousness we had in the series 1 finale!

alkanto
10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
yeah. I can see why it wouldn't be your favorite. But it's hardly the worst hour of television I've seen. But it is fun. "They need a shop..."

God, he wanted a shop there...funny.

DoctorDodge
10-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Oh, it's far from the worst i've ever seen, in fact it's a pretty good light hearted comedy ep, i'm just saying it's pretty low down on my list of favourites when compared to greats like Dalek, the Parting of the Ways, and Human Nature.

Oh, you haven't seen that one yet, have you? Just wait. One of my favourite Doctor Who stories ever, that one!

Also, love the irony in New Earth of the Doctor, of all the people in the universe, not liking hospitals! :lol:

alkanto
10-11-2010, 02:35 PM
yes, I caught that. And, when in Ward 26, announcing he is the Doctor to the Head Nurse. Not hilarious, but it was a nice little addition.
I totally understand his aversion, though! They are creepy...and they smell weird. Like a combination of sickness and disinfectant...the latter trying to cover up the former. I don't like it...

jhanic
10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
For most of the day, I've been watching the rescue of the Chilean miners, switching between Fox News and CNN. Fascinating LIVE drama!

John

alkanto
10-13-2010, 01:36 PM
"Rise of the Cybermen" - Doctor Who, Series 2, episode 6

Jean
10-14-2010, 01:32 AM
re-watching: Cul-de-Sac

alkanto
10-14-2010, 05:37 AM
"The Impossible Planet" - Doctor Who, Series 2, episode 9

Jean
10-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Watching: 'Tess': From Novel to Screen (2004 documentary); Il était une fois... Tess (2007 documentary)

OchrisO
10-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Thursday nights are awesome.
I'm about to settle in and start watching the list of seven or so shows that are spooling on my dv-r right now.

Jean
10-15-2010, 03:16 AM
watching: A Story of Survival: Behind the Scenes of The Pianist (2003 documentary)

candy
10-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Which episode are you at, Candy? Season 2 was pretty good....you have some interesting episodes in there.

The Usual suspects, am really loving it

For most of the day, I've been watching the rescue of the Chilean miners, switching between Fox News and CNN. Fascinating LIVE drama!

John

loved that story, really really loved watching the news for a change

TLC
10-16-2010, 10:55 AM
X-files season 3!!!

alkanto
10-16-2010, 10:56 AM
"Fear Her" - Episode 12, series 2 of Doctor Who

alkanto
10-16-2010, 05:39 PM
A few episodes later, "Smith and Jones" - Episode 3, Series 3, Doctor Who

candy
10-17-2010, 01:02 AM
deadliest catch, and its making me cry

captain phil has just suffered his stroke, i know whats comin as its been in the papers, but watching his boys and the rest of the fleet receive the news is just heartbreaking. This is no soap opera at the end of the day, these are real people who i have watched from the start of the series

DoctorDodge
10-17-2010, 12:46 PM
The Sarah Jane Adventures: The Nightmare Man, Part One

Taking a break from my current Dr Who marathon to catch up on the new Sarah Jane series. Not as good as Dr Who or Torchwood in my opinion, from what I've watched of the first 3 seasons, but I'm still looking forward to seeing not one but two special guest stars in just over a week! Woohoo! :rock:

alkanto
10-17-2010, 12:49 PM
speaking of, when is Matt Smith supposed to show up? I've never Seen SJA, but I plan on catching those two.

Currently watching: Daleks in Manhattan - Episode 5, series 3 Doctor Who

DoctorDodge
10-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Third week. It's two eps every week, all two-part stories, and they already showed first story The Nightmare Man last week, so should be just over a week until they show Death of the Doctor. Woohoo!

flaggwalkstheline
10-17-2010, 12:58 PM
I too am currently watching doctor who, an episode called the mind of evil, been watching season 8, every episode is part of a larger conflict between the doctor and the master, it's really really epic!

alkanto
10-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Woohoo indeed! Hopefully I won't forget....now off to find the official info so I can make a note for myself.

DoctorDodge
10-17-2010, 01:04 PM
I too am currently watching doctor who, an episode called the mind of evil, been watching season 8, every episode is part of a larger conflict between the doctor and the master, it's really really epic!

I know, the first season the Master appears, and he gets one all to himself! What really makes it work though is just how awesome Roger Delgado is in the role. He's brilliant. Suave, sophisticated, and a total psycopath: a perfect match for Pertwee's heroic Doctor, really.

The Mind of Evil is a bit of a stretched out one, but still...Delgado. Also, I need to watch The Daemons sometime. I've heard nothing but great things about that story!

candy
10-18-2010, 09:43 AM
The Sarah Jane Adventures: The Nightmare Man, Part One

Taking a break from my current Dr Who marathon to catch up on the new Sarah Jane series. Not as good as Dr Who or Torchwood in my opinion, from what I've watched of the first 3 seasons, but I'm still looking forward to seeing not one but two special guest stars in just over a week! Woohoo! :rock:

two? is this the one showing on the 25th?

DoctorDodge
10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Yep! Both Matt Smith's making an appearance and, for the first time in over 35 years on telly, Katy Manning's back as former companion to the third Doctor Jo Grant! For a classic fan like me, that's a doubly awesome reason for me to watch it!

candy
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
**hits head on wall** i actually knew that, i just forgot. But i have not forgotten to sky plus SJA on the 25th :thumbsup:

Jean
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
re-watching: Whatever Happened to Baby Jane

alinda
10-19-2010, 10:52 AM
me too.....now:huglove:

alkanto
10-19-2010, 10:53 AM
"Human Nature" - Episode 9, Series 3 of Doctor Who

DoctorDodge
10-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Ah, Human Nature, Family of Blood, and Blink: episodes so amazingly good they ended up in the top 10 list of greatest Doctor Who stories ever. Just finished watching those, now onto Utopia, another episode I love! It's episodes like this that are the reason why series 3 is my favourite! (Well, it was my favourite, but series 5 might, just might, have changed that. I'll need to get the limited edition box set and watch it over and over again when it's released before I make up my mind! :lol:)

candy
10-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Ah, Human Nature, Family of Blood, and Blink: episodes so amazingly good they ended up in the top 10 list of greatest Doctor Who stories ever. Just finished watching those, now onto Utopia, another episode I love! It's episodes like this that are the reason why series 3 is my favourite! (Well, it was my favourite, but series 5 might, just might, have changed that. I'll need to get the limited edition box set and watch it over and over again when it's released before I make up my mind! :lol:)

hate to disagree with you, but on a purely personal level i found human nature and family of blood to be very boring and very frustrating.

Now Blink.... different altogether, i loved it

Jean
10-19-2010, 11:10 AM
oh my Queen! :rose:

alkanto
10-19-2010, 11:10 AM
I am only 15 minutes into Human Nature, and I love it so far! I'm afraid I won't be able to stop watching this afternoon, knowing that the most highly-recommended episodes are next.
Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but I have a test in Biology, animal sciences, and Classical Mythology...and studying might be a good idea! :lol:

(I think series 5 is the best, certainly! :D But, I may have to follow your lead in re-watching...just to make, sure, of course. It might take quite a few viewings, I'm thinking. I like to be extra confident in my assignment of favorites :lol:)

Erin
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I've been watching Deadwood. I'm almost done with Season 2. Al Swearengen is the man!

Odetta
10-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Right now, I have Creepshow playing in the background!

DoctorDodge
10-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I am only 15 minutes into Human Nature, and I love it so far! I'm afraid I won't be able to stop watching this afternoon, knowing that the most highly-recommended episodes are next.
Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but I have a test in Biology, animal sciences, and Classical Mythology...and studying might be a good idea! :lol:

(I think series 5 is the best, certainly! :D But, I may have to follow your lead in re-watching...just to make, sure, of course. It might take quite a few viewings, I'm thinking. I like to be extra confident in my assignment of favorites :lol:)

Amazing, isn't it? I don't know what pinhead's on about...well, actually, I do. The best thing about this show is that all the episodes are so different that different fans can love or hate different eps, but with Human Nature it's even more different than the usual stuff you get with Who. It's slightly slow paced, it's very dramatic and ordinary in a very British way (well, apart the psychopathic family and the scarecrows), but I love it. Possibly more than Blink, the first time round to be honest!

Finished watching the series 3 finale. Not as strong as the others, but I still love watching it for one particular character.

alkanto
10-19-2010, 02:30 PM
What I loved about that episode set was right at the end of Human Nature
when the Family of Blood crashed the village dance and was trying to make John change back, but he really didn't know what they were talking about. It was just so emotionally wrenching to see him in such a vulnerable and un-Doctor-like state. The same goes for the end, when he hasn't changed back into Time Lord, and he is so at a loss for how to react, and John not wanting to die.

Though, it was fantastic that even as a human, he still possessed all the qualities of the Doctor, willing to sacrifice himself for everyone else. I think that compassion for people and everyone around him is one of his most appealing qualities.

DoctorDodge
10-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Definitely. The greatest thing about the Doctor is that he can be so flippant and loves to laugh in the face of danger, even if there's a gun pointed at him, but point that gun at anyone else and he gets serious. More than that - he gets pissed off. And the worst thing you can do is piss him off. That's the best thing about the Doctor: have him as your friend and he'll be one of the best (and most likely dorkiest) friends you'll ever have, but have him as your enemy, and you're fucked. Proper, seriously, fucked. So fucked you might as well start sending out the invitations to your own funeral!

Not that they'd ever use that kind of language in a family show, of course! :D

Heather19
10-19-2010, 04:03 PM

:huglove:

alkanto
10-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Just about to start Blink. I'm excited! Just a few more pages of notes to study..and the DW the rest of the night :D

Odetta
10-19-2010, 07:02 PM

I watched this a week ago :)

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Rangers beating the Yankees.

alkanto
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM

:thumbsup:

I don't really like the Rangers, but I'm a Twins fan.
Ergo, if they beat the Yankees, they must be good!

RUBE
10-19-2010, 08:13 PM

correction: Rangers whipping the Yankees.

Is this a sign of the apocalypse?

misterman
10-20-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm just winding down Season 1, (Disk 5) of "FRINGE" (Netflix by mail)

It was enjoyable, nothing too special, -but a quality show for the genre, and at least a decent effort was made with the writing, -it translated to screenplay ok.

They have a couple major effects budgeted for each episode, decent casting.

Love the cliche of the ol' hippy rolling up his sleeves to cook up a batch of LSD in order to solve some crime! LOL.

On the topic of streaming video and DRM content in general, -I gotta say that XboxLive, ZunePass, Itunes and Netflix are absolute MUST haves. (If you live in a country where they are available.

It's been nearly 5 years since I made clean break from file-sharing and it many attendant dilemmas, a test of your technical savvy here, a test of your moral character there. Your knowledge of bitrates and throughput is soon eclipsed by a solid wall of language that makes theft sound like an advanced "learning tool" "Evaluation Copy" "For Evaluation only" Test Copy etc.

You also get to learn about trojans and virus' and you will become familiar statutes and all sorts of state, federal and international laws on one thing or another as they pertain to file-sharing and your unique ISP ;>

-Okay, I'm kidding but I do have to say it's a pretty good thing to be able to get anything you want, in a 100% legitimate way.

If you read this far, please list any online streaming sites pay or free that I might have missed.

These are my favs Free and Pay

------------------------------------
FREE STREAMING Video FAVS:
AdultSwim.com
Hulu.com
Boxxee

Fav Pay sites
Xbox360
Netflix
HuluPlus
ZunePass for ZuneHD

Please add yours!

alinda
10-20-2010, 06:37 AM
tHE sECRET OF kELLS:couple: ITS GOOD :D

http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70120522&trkid=214028

Odetta
10-20-2010, 06:38 AM
at this very moment, I am watching my 4 year old act like a 2 year old... how exciting!

alinda
10-20-2010, 06:49 AM
:dance: My 21 yr old is always acting like that. :lol:

Odetta
10-20-2010, 06:53 AM
you mean it DOESN'T EVER END???

alinda
10-20-2010, 06:57 AM
:huglove: that's right love sorry it never ends:huglove:

Odetta
10-20-2010, 06:59 AM
*beats head against wall*

misterman
10-20-2010, 08:59 AM
tHE sECRET OF kELLS:couple: ITS GOOD :D

http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70120522&trkid=214028

I was hooked by the 2 minute mark! The kanagawa waves remind me of home ;>
-Thanks for the recommendation, I would have missed this!

Puts me in the mind of my fav Hifana vid:

YouTube - HIFANA "WAMONO"

candy
10-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I've been watching Deadwood. I'm almost done with Season 2. Al Swearengen is the man!

I tried this and for some reason could never get into it
same with prison break

when the Family of Blood crashed the village dance and was trying to make John change back, but he really didn't know what they were talking about. It was just so emotionally wrenching to see him in such a vulnerable and un-Doctor-like state. The same goes for the end, when he hasn't changed back into Time Lord, and he is so at a loss for how to react, and John not wanting to die.

Though, it was fantastic that even as a human, he still possessed all the qualities of the Doctor, willing to sacrifice himself for everyone else. I think that compassion for people and everyone around him is one of his most appealing qualities.

This was exactly the reason i didn't like it
i dont want my doctor to not be the doctor, i want him to be dr like and be funny or angry. Never weak like a ....... human:nope:

Just about to start Blink. I'm excited! Just a few more pages of notes to study..and the DW the rest of the night :D

And yet i loved Blink, because even for the short time he is in it he is very Dr ish:)

cant wait to see your thoughts

I'm just winding down Season 1, (Disk 5) of "FRINGE" (Netflix by mail)

It was enjoyable, nothing too special, -but a quality show for the genre, and at least a decent effort was made with the writing, -it translated to screenplay ok.

They have a couple major effects budgeted for each episode, decent casting.

Love the cliche of the ol' hippy rolling up his sleeves to cook up a batch of LSD in order to solve some crime! LOL.

I love fringe, its very good at still keeping a main stream audience involved in a very sci fi geeky programe

currently watching stargate universe - series 2

alkanto
10-21-2010, 09:53 AM
"Fires of Pompeii" - episode 3, series 4, Doctor Who.

Thoughts on Blink: Holy shit...I think I'm legitimately afraid of statues now.
He is very Doctor-ish, though. I see why you would like it :)
I don't get too in-depth my myself, in regards to reactions...I have had a hard time getting words out for my thoughts...and specific points you want my thoughts on? That would be easier...

DoctorDodge
10-21-2010, 09:56 AM

This was exactly the reason i didn't like it
i dont want my doctor to not be the doctor, i want him to be dr like and be funny or angry. Never weak like a ....... human:nope:

Well that's what made it so good: how dangerous would things be for the Doctor if he decided he didn't want to travel any more, if he wanted to give up who he was and just try to escape his past? It's hardly traditional Doctor Who stuff, even among the best stories, but you've gotta admit that David Tennant gave a great performance in the ep, and it all paid off in the final ten minutes. The mythic way the Doctor was presented as he despatched off the Family of Blood coldly and without any mercy was just a perfect way to end it. I wouldn't want Doctor Who to be like this all the time, but then I can say the same of Caves of Androzani, where it was dark, gritty, and ugly, and that was voted number 1 story ever!

And yet i loved Blink, because even for the short time he is in it he is very Dr ish:)

I loved Blink too, but I do think it was a bit poorly placed: a Doctor-lite ep coming so soon after two weeks without the Doctor just made the wait for Utopia even more agonising: it wasn't just the wait of Captain Jack that I was looking forward to at this point, it was the return of the Doctor, too! Although it has to be said, the return of another character easily outdid those two...

Also, I don't find the Weeping Angels as scary as everyone else does, for some reason. I was much more scared by the Vashta Nerada in Silence in the Library, really. I don't know why, but despite Blink being rated the 2nd greatest Doctor Who story ever, it wouldn't come into my top 5. Top 10, maybe, but not my personal top 5. The Time of Angels, on the other hand? Now that's everything I want a Doctor Who story to be! The series 5 set is worth the ridiculously high price for that particular story alone! Packaged with the Eleventh Hour and The Big Bang, and that's a definite guarantee i'm getting that set day of release!

Oh, and currently I'm beginning to watch Sarah Jane Adventures: The Vault of Secrets. Just one more week, and then it's the Death of the Doctor! Hooray!

alkanto
10-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Well that's what made it so good: how dangerous would things be for the Doctor if he decided he didn't want to travel any more, if he wanted to give up who he was and just try to escape his past? It's hardly traditional Doctor Who stuff, even among the best stories, but you've gotta admit that David Tennant gave a great performance in the ep, and it all paid off in the final ten minutes. The mythic way the Doctor was presented as he despatched off the Family of Blood coldly and without any mercy was just a perfect way to end it. I wouldn't want Doctor Who to be like this all the time, but then I can say the same of Caves of Androzani, where it was dark, gritty, and ugly, and that was voted number 1 story ever!

[quote=Pinhead;559529][quote=Pond;559212]Just about to start Blink. I'm excited! Just a few more pages of notes to study..and the DW the rest of the night :D

I loved Blink too, but I do think it was a bit poorly placed: a Doctor-lite ep coming so soon after two weeks without the Doctor just made the wait for Utopia even more agonising: it wasn't just the wait of Captain Jack that I was looking forward to at this point, it was the return of the Doctor, too! Although it has to be said, the return of another character easily outdid those two...

Also, I don't find the Weeping Angels as scary as everyone else does, for some reason. I was much more scared by the Vashta Nerada in Silence in the Library, really. I don't know why, but despite Blink being rated the 2nd greatest Doctor Who story ever, it wouldn't come into my top 5. Top 10, maybe, but not my personal top 5. The Time of Angels, on the other hand? Now that's everything I want a Doctor Who story to be! The series 5 set is worth the ridiculously high price for that particular story alone! Packaged with the Eleventh Hour and The Big Bang, and that's a definite guarantee i'm getting that set day of release!

Oh, and currently I'm beginning to watch Sarah Jane Adventures: The Vault of Secrets. Just one more week, and then it's the Death of the Doctor! Hooray!

Yay Death of the Doctor! I'm excited...but I would be more into it if I could fine a damn torrent I could use...I've been looking all week, and nothing! :pullhair: I can always go back to CastTV, but the quality is so bad, and now that I've gotten used to Matt Smith in High-Def....I don't wanna go back..:P

I think the most frightening aspect of the Weeping Angels is that they are such beautiful, non-assuming "things" when you see them. But...when they spring, it's such a drastic and shocking change. Also, instinct is to not look, to close your eyes, and run from something that frightens you. The Weeping Angels force you to act against every nerve in your body. You can't look away, you really can't run....and that makes it even more frightening.

The placement wasn't off for me. I was just so engrossed in the story, it never really occurred to me. Of course, I didn't watch it as it was being broadcast, so I had maybe a 2 hour break between most of those episodes....total. I think if I had the week-long gap, it would have bothered me, but as it is...*shrug*

DoctorDodge
10-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Oh yeah, I like Blink a lot more now, but I think their scariness for me was reduced by the fact that, in the Doctor's words, they "kill you nicely". There's not really that much threat from them by zapping you into the past, especially since the two characters it happened to had happy, fulfilling lives anyway. Of course, it just occured to me the other night while I was watching it that they can zap you somewhere else not just in time but also space, so there's no knowing where you might end up, and you might not even last a second where you are. I think that could be scary. But they were scarier in Time of Angels for me because they actually do kill you properly this time. Also, "the image of an Angel will become an Angel". I've wanted to avoid even a photo of them ever since that particular line!

alkanto
10-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, that's a good point. But, like you said, you have no idea what's going to happen to you or where you'll end up. Think if you just came across a Weeping Angel by yourself, without knowing that tidbit of information. It would be pretty damn scary. Which is why I find them so frightening.

Now, I think I have to watch Time of the Angels again...that was a good one!

Merlin1958
10-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Just re-watched the Yanks going to town on the Rangers!!!!

Game 6 next

Oh and also "The Event"

DoctorDodge
10-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Catching up on An Idiot Abroad.

"He's scared to go to China because he might get a taste for toad? I'm just making sure I heard that right!" :lol:

alkanto
10-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Never heard of that show. Sounds amusing, though!

Catching up on...Doctor Who. Again. I couldn't wait the 2 weeks for the DVD release of Series 5, so I'm watching them all again. I promised myself I was going to wait to rewatch them until I got the DVD, but I caved. Mostly because of a talk regarding Weeping Angels.

Now on the "The Beat Below."

DoctorDodge
10-22-2010, 07:55 AM
An Idiot Abroad is like a documentary series, but with Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant sending their bald mate Karl who's cynical and ignorant about everything across the globe to see the Seven Wonders of the World.

So far he's complaining about how long the Great Wall of China is, and how disgusting toad actually is for dinner!

flaggwalkstheline
10-22-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm watching this

YouTube - Diane Denish "Big fat Boners"

repeatedly

one of these people is going to be governor

gods help us:scared:

Girlystevedave
10-22-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm about to settle in and start watching the list of seven or so shows that are spooling on my dv-r right now.

Is It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on that Thursday night list by chance? :)

DoctorDodge
10-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Currently watching: Torchwood - Season 2

Again, I had forgotten just how brilliant this was. 1 was good, but 2 is so much better from just the first episode it's unbelieveable. The team don't actively dislike each other and actually act more like a team, and the show is more willing to poke fun at itself. In fact, with Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, it achieved a level of awesomeness that matched Dr Who's whilst telling a story that only Torchwood could do, and that's incredibly rare!

"So what team are you?" "Torchwood." "Oh. Not Excalibur? Bikini Cops? Torchwood, seriously? Gotta say I'm pretty dissapointed!" :lol:

alkanto
10-22-2010, 05:12 PM
"Time of the Angels"

I love this freaking series! :D You're right, Lewton...the Weeping Angels are much more frightening in this episode - something I hadn't realized until watching both the and Blink within quick succession of each other.

DoctorDodge
10-22-2010, 05:18 PM
So glad it's not just me!

Also, most terrifying moment ever in Who summed up with the following words: "The image of an angel will become an angel."

God, I really do love that story! Like a perfect cross between the gothic horror of the first 3 Tom Baker years (ie, 3 of the best years of the entire classic series), and the best of the elements of new Who, whilst coming out with something completely original! I loved it!

Bethany
10-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Friday night. Must be iCarly on the old telly.

OchrisO
10-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Indeed it is. I love that show. This season, like The Office, has seemed a little weak to me, though.

Tonight: Smallville, Supernatural, Todd Margaret and Sanctuary. All is good with the world.

Girlystevedave
10-22-2010, 10:15 PM

Indeed it is. I love that show. This season, like The Office, has seemed a little weak to me, though.

Tonight: Smallville, Supernatural, Todd Margaret and Sanctuary. All is good with the world.

I won't lie, the first couple of episodes seemed "different" somehow. Dare I say: Less offensive, therefore less enjoyable? :lol:
But once I got to see The Gang Buys A Boat, I forgot all about my doubts.

OchrisO
10-22-2010, 10:24 PM

I won't lie, the first couple of episodes seemed "different" somehow. Dare I say: Less offensive, therefore less enjoyable? :lol:
But once I got to see The Gang Buys A Boat, I forgot all about my doubts.
That was a good one. I thought the last one was kind of so-so again, though.

Girlystevedave
10-22-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't know that I saw the most recent one. I saw a replay last night where Mac and Charlie's moms move in together. Was that a new one or a rerun?

OchrisO
10-22-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't know that I saw the most recent one. I saw a replay last night where Mac and Charlie's moms move in together. Was that a new one or a rerun?

That was the new one.

candy
10-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Currently watching: Torchwood - Season 2

Again, I had forgotten just how brilliant this was. 1 was good, but 2 is so much better from just the first episode it's unbelieveable. The team don't actively dislike each other and actually act more like a team, and the show is more willing to poke fun at itself. In fact, with Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, it achieved a level of awesomeness that matched Dr Who's whilst telling a story that only Torchwood could do, and that's incredibly rare!

"So what team are you?" "Torchwood." "Oh. Not Excalibur? Bikini Cops? Torchwood, seriously? Gotta say I'm pretty dissapointed!" :lol:

i nearly gave up on Torchwood after the 1st series because of the back biting etc, but i was really glad i stuck with it for series 2, as you say they come together really well. This is why i am still sticking with Stargate Universe in the hopes they all come together as a team and stop the constant nastiness

Currently watching saturday morning tv!!!! WTF happened to the good stuff, where are all the funny progames? its just a mass of cartoons?

Oh sod this i am off to watch my recording of Thorne Sleepyhead

alkanto
10-24-2010, 11:31 AM
"Vincent and the Doctor" - Episode 10, Series 5 of DW

The episode is beautiful. Sure, the monster wasn't all that great, but the rest of it I love. The only part that bothered me is the pronunciation of Van Gogh's name...it's probably closer to correct that how I say it, but it still bothered me.

DoctorDodge
10-24-2010, 12:26 PM
"Reset" - Torchwood, Season 2 Episode 5

Quite a good one this ep, and quite a major one too. Loved the return (or rather, introduction if it's just Torchwood you've been watching) of Martha Jones, as well as so many nice little references to what happened in the series 3 finale of Doctor Who.

Favourite line, when Jack hears a place he's investigating has the backing of Whitehall: "I had a bad experience with a politician recently. I tend not to listen to Whitehall anymore!" :lol: Love it!

DoctorDodge
10-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Currently watching:

The Sarah Jane Adventures: Death of the Doctor, Part One

alkanto
10-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Currently watching:

The Sarah Jane Adventures: Death of the Doctor, Part One

Likewise :)

So, how does the two-part thing work? Will part 2 be aired tomorrow? Or what?

DoctorDodge
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Yep, part 2 airs tomorrow. Two Matt Smith eps in 2 days! Sweet!

alkanto
10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I just loved his entrance on this one...all that work, and then just a "Hello everybody!" :lol: I love him...though I do wish he could have worn his DW shirt. The plain white doesn't work as well. Just not as pretty.
Though this is the perfect way to tide me over until Christmas. Two months from today! :D

DoctorDodge
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Even better than that: Jo Grant, not only a grandmother but teaming up with Sarah Jane, and just as chirpy and cheerful as ever! Oh, and of course, old Doctor flashbacks, and not just Tennant thankfully but also Pertwee and Baker. Awesome!

Can't wait for tomorrow's ep!

alkanto
10-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh, I liked that too, even if I'm not entirely familiar with Jo Grant. It think it's interesting to see the Doctor from an outside perspective, and that we are given an "after" aspect - what happens after The Doctor leaves his companions.

Emily
10-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Mallrats. First time I've ever seen it, actually.

misterman
10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Just started my 2nd viewing of Eureka starting w/ the pilot.

Just finished Season 1 of Better Off Ted

The writing was top-shelf! Nothing like laughter.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2zf0k6a.gif

Anyone have any recommendations for something similar to Better Off Ted?

OchrisO
10-25-2010, 05:17 PM

*gasp*

Great movie. You should watch it twice to make up for lost time. :P

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Monday Night Football!

alkanto
10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Castle! I know I've said it before, but I love Nathan Fillion :wub: He's fantastic!

Still Servant
10-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Monday Night Football!

Ditto!

The GGGGGGG-Men!

Emily
10-25-2010, 06:35 PM

*gasp*

:lol: Maybe I will. I did like it a lot. Unfortunately, I saw and read a lot of interviews with Kevin Smith before I saw a lot of his movies, and haven't been enthusiastic to see them because I think he's such a giant douche. I'm probably going to be beheaded for that, but I really can't stand him.

However, I do love Joey Lauren Adams. That is my girl.

ErinPatricia
10-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Hawaii 5-0

I like it, what can I say.

OchrisO
10-25-2010, 06:40 PM

*gasp*

:lol: Maybe I will. I did like it a lot. Unfortunately, I saw and read a lot of interviews with Kevin Smith before I saw a lot of his movies, and haven't been enthusiastic to see them because I think he's such a giant douche. I'm probably going to be beheaded for that, but I really can't stand him.

However, I do love Joey Lauren Adams. That is my girl.

Haha. I think he is hilarious at his college speaking gigs. Have you seen An Evening with Kevin Smith? It is awesome:
YouTube - An Evening With Kevin Smith Pt 1

The other parts are in the side bar.

Right now I am watching Chuck!

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I think I saw Mallrats once, is that where the one guy is staring at the painting and she ruins it for him at the end?

OchrisO
10-25-2010, 06:46 PM
I think I saw Mallrats once, is that where the one guy is staring at the painting and she ruins it for him at the end?

Sort of. It is one of those magic eye puzzles. The guy knows what it is supposed to be, he jut can't see it.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Yes! I think its streaming on netflix...

Girlystevedave
10-25-2010, 08:27 PM
I love Mallrats!
And the whole View Askew Universe that Kevin Smith has created.

Randal Graves from Clerks is and will always be my hero. :wub:
Next to Luke Skywalker of course.

OchrisO
10-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I love Mallrats!
And the whole View Askew Universe that Kevin Smith has created.

Randal Graves from Clerks is and will always be my hero. :wub:
Next to Luke Skywalker of course.

Tell 'em Steve-Dave!

Girlystevedave
10-25-2010, 08:54 PM
:lol:

Did you ever watch the Clerks cartoon?

OchrisO
10-25-2010, 08:55 PM

Nope. I never did and I am not even sure why. I'm sure I'd love it.

Girlystevedave
10-25-2010, 08:58 PM
You should check it out. Of course it was a different humor since it was on ABC, but still...it was funny. :)

Heather19
10-26-2010, 06:05 AM

I love the Clerks cartoon :lol:

You know, I actually haven't seen any of Kevin's more recent films. I stopped after Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. (Oh and I skipped Jersey Girl as well). Do you recommend them?

candy
10-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Sarah Jane Adventures; death of a doctor

Its good, its fun - i have no asked sky plus to do me a couple of back series.

just a little niggle
when asked how many time he can re-generate he says 507???? is this the doctor being daft or have they just changed the rules in one sentence???? :orely:

alkanto
10-26-2010, 09:42 AM
I honestly don't know. There have been articles I've read over the past week both supporting and negating that claim. Who knows....though I doubt BBC will just stop the show after the Thirteenth Doctor if it is still getting good ratings.

I mean the rule of regeneration limits was broken with the Master so it's really hard to say. Only time till tell....:orely:

haunted.lunchbox
10-26-2010, 09:46 AM
I started watching the movie Next (2007) last night and got extremely irritated. First, how the hell is Nicolas Cage still getting these parts. They keep dying his hair and trying to make him look younger, it's getting irritating. Second, why do they have to pair him in this movie with an actress 20 years younger. He is paired with Jessica Biel, who is like 18 years younger than him, Julianna Moore is also in the movie, they are within 5 years of each other, but no, they have to pair him with someone much much younger than himself. I'm so irritated by this.

candy
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Haunted.LunchboxThats the reason i cant watch anything with Nicholas Cage in now, he just looks stupid. Botoxed to buggery no facial expressions, as you say receding hairline with dyed hair.

I fully share your irritation

Pond as soon as i hear anything i shall let you know

haunted.lunchbox
10-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Haunted.LunchboxThats the reason i cant watch anything with Nicholas Cage in now, he just looks stupid. Botoxed to buggery no facial expressions, as you say receding hairline with dyed hair.

I fully share your irritation

Pond as soon as i hear anything i shall let you know

Watching him in Ghost Rider was a joke. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The only recent movies I've liked him in are National Treasure, and Knowing, where he's not trying to play someone 15 years younger.

OchrisO
10-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I suddenly feel the need to place this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PJddmfesaA

DoctorDodge
10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
:lol: I'm probably one of the few people on here who's already seen that!

From the maker of:
YouTube - Saturday Morning Watchmen

haunted.lunchbox
10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
OMG. I can't unsee that. I could get behind NC playing Dr. Strange.

candy
10-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Watching him in Ghost Rider was a joke. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. The only recent movies I've liked him in are National Treasure, and Knowing, where he's not trying to play someone 15 years younger.

he ruined Knowing for me, although he wasn't trying to play anyone younger the old Botox and lack of hair just drove me mad, all i did the whole movie was stare at his face to see if it moved:wtf:

and the emotional partwhere he breaks down at the endi laughed - which is awful i know

haunted.lunchbox
10-26-2010, 10:04 AM

he ruined Knowing for me, although he wasn't trying to play anyone younger the old Botox and lack of hair just drove me mad, all i did the whole movie was stare at his face to see if it moved:wtf:

and the emotional partwhere he breaks down at the endi laughed - which is awful i know

You are awful, but you are supposed to be... masquerading around as one of my favorite villains and all I would expect nothing less.

OchrisO
10-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Strong together, united forever!

I love the Jem and the Holograms homage in there.

haunted.lunchbox
10-26-2010, 10:06 AM

From the maker of:
YouTube - Saturday Morning Watchmen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w)

Is this real? Or a parody?

DoctorDodge
10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
A parody. Thank God!

alkanto
10-26-2010, 10:31 AM

Erroneous! I have seen that a few times...and it gets funnier every time :lol:

I'm struggling to find a good site for watching Death of the Doctor Part 2. The link I used yesterday isn't working, and my back-up site doesn't have it posted yet...:(
So I'm watching some Doctor Who Confidential to tide me over while I wait

candy
10-26-2010, 11:13 AM

I'm struggling to find a good site for watching Death of the Doctor Part 2. The link I used yesterday isn't working, and my back-up site doesn't have it posted yet...:(

aw bless:huglove: it was good, did you get a chance to watch part 1?

i am currently watching SJ adventures right from the start. (its filled my plus planner!!!!:scared:)

Girlystevedave
10-26-2010, 11:27 AM

You know, I actually haven't seen any of Kevin's more recent films. I stopped after Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. (Oh and I skipped Jersey Girl as well). Do you recommend them?

Jersey Girl was alright. But not the same kind of film as he has done in the past. It was more of a serious movie and stood apart from the whole View Askewniverse.
Also, I've yet to see Zack and Miri Make A Porno, but I heard good things...from people whose taste I trust. :lol:

alkanto
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM

aw bless:huglove: it was good, did you get a chance to watch part 1?

i am currently watching SJ adventures right from the start. (its filled my plus planner!!!!:scared:)

Yeah, part 1 was actually pretty easy to fine yesterday. I had it watched by this time. I don't know why I can't find part 2...it's really starting to irk me...
I need my Matt Smith fix :P

DoctorDodge
10-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Sarah Jane Adventures; death of a doctor

Its good, its fun - i have no asked sky plus to do me a couple of back series.

just a little niggle
when asked how many time he can re-generate he says 507???? is this the doctor being daft or have they just changed the rules in one sentence???? :orely:

Watching part 2 right now, and official confirmation from RTD: it was a joke, so we can all stop worrying! Well, until his 12th body, anyway (thank you RTD for wasting a life in Journey's End)

http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2010/10/sfx-talks-to.html

alkanto
10-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, I suppose it's good to have some official confirmation.

I still haven't been able to find it this evening :pullhair: The site I usually load still is down, and the only free torrent I could find without downloads or toolbars or some such was only compatible on Windows....the only time I've cursed myself for choosing a Macbook! :( Hopefully I will uncover something later tonight or tomorrow...

Right now: Still working on Confidentials. They're kinda fun.

ETA: found it :D my site finally got it's act together..now to wait for it to stream 100%...*fiddles thumbs*

Heather19
10-26-2010, 05:18 PM

Jersey Girl was alright. But not the same kind of film as he has done in the past. It was more of a serious movie and stood apart from the whole View Askewniverse.
Also, I've yet to see Zack and Miri Make A Porno, but I heard good things...from people whose taste I trust. :lol:

Yeah, I really miss his View Askew films. Let me know what you think of Zack and Miri if you catch it.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Zack and Miri was hilarious! Loved it and would watch it again

ErinPatricia
10-26-2010, 07:12 PM
watchign Requiem for a Dream...

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-26-2010, 07:22 PM
My monthly viewing of Count of Monte Cristo

fernandito
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
My monthly viewing of Count of Monte Cristo

"I don't believe in God."

"It doesn't matter, he believes in you."

OchrisO
10-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Caprica

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
The Hot Chick

Mattrick
10-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Season three premiere of In Treatment :cool::thumbsup::rock:

DoctorDodge
10-27-2010, 11:54 AM
All the recent news of Nolan's 3rd Batman film has made me look up this: one of the funniest moments in the history of anything ever (and no, it doesn't happen at the very start, keep watching):

YouTube - Only Fools and Horses - Batman and Robin

candy
10-28-2010, 10:20 AM
:clap:

alkanto
10-28-2010, 10:39 AM
All the recent news of Nolan's 3rd Batman film has made me look up this: one of the funniest moments in the history of anything ever (and no, it doesn't happen at the very start, keep watching):

YouTube - Only Fools and Horses - Batman and Robin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nMVWAVrVAw)

:rofl:
That was fantastic! What is that from, and I can I watch it in the US?

candy
10-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Only Fools and Horses one of the funniest sitcoms ever.

Not very often i cry with laughter but some of the moment they used to have on there - proper proper crying laughter time:clap:

thanks for the reminder DD

DoctorDodge
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
I aim to please!

Watching right now: Torchwood, Season 2 - Fragments, then Exit Wounds. Last bit of season 2 to watch before season 4 of you know what! And from what I remembered, it is one hell of a finale, I must say. Perhaps not as great as the near-perfect 5 part, epic, dense, multilayered and incredibly depressing Children of Earth, but I could be wrong. I'll re-watch that in a couple of days and see.

Heather19
10-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Currently watching Dead Set. I just saw that IFC is airing the whole series tonight! I've been wanting to see this one for awhile now, but haven't been able to find it one dvd anywhere.

Ricky
10-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Going to watch Saw III in about an hour. :dance:

DoctorDodge
10-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Currently watching Dead Set. I just saw that IFC is airing the whole series tonight! I've been wanting to see this one for awhile now, but haven't been able to find it one dvd anywhere.

:clap: Love that mini-series! You're gonna love it, Heather! (I think. I hope so, anyway!)

fernandito
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Dodgeball. Love this flick. :)

Heather19
10-29-2010, 04:35 PM

:clap: Love that mini-series! You're gonna love it, Heather! (I think. I hope so, anyway!)

Second ep just started. I loved the first one. Especially when the zombie outbreak started :D

DoctorDodge
10-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Glad you're enjoying it! I watched the series during a marathon run one halloween, too. Expected just a simple Big Brother pisstake with zombies, didn't expect it to have a genuinely good story!

Also, zombie Davina = pure win, over here in the UK at least, since she really was the presenter of Big Brother!

Bethany
10-29-2010, 06:48 PM
It's Friday and I am NOT watching iCarly or random videos on youtube. I must be dying or something.

TLC
10-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Seinfeld.....Serenity now!!!....insanity later.

Ricky
10-29-2010, 07:22 PM
It's Friday and I am NOT watching iCarly or random videos on youtube. I must be dying or something.

You do random video friday too? :lol:

Bethany
10-29-2010, 07:23 PM

You do random video friday too? :lol:

Every week. :D

Ricky
10-29-2010, 07:25 PM
It's pretty much the highlight of my week with my coffee. :D

Bethany
10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
So you understand and should be concerned that I have no desire whatsoever to peruse videos tonight :(

Girlystevedave
10-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Seinfeld.....Serenity now!!!....insanity later.

:lol: Awesome!

"Hoochie Mama!!!"

TLC
10-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Seinfeld never gets old!!

Girlystevedave
10-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Very true. Very true. I've watched it for at least 10 years and I still feel happy when I catch it on tv. :)

I just recently started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm . Have you watched any of it? It's awesome. :thumbsup:

Ricky
10-29-2010, 07:48 PM
So you understand and should be concerned that I have no desire whatsoever to peruse videos tonight :(

Yes, but know how you feel.

Agreed! :D

DoctorDodge
10-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Just a random question, how big was Seinfeld in the US when it was on? Because I think it's one of those rare shows that was a hit in the US yet wasn't so popular over here. I'd say it had more of a cult following, really. In fact, I don't think I've actually physically met anyone who watched it. I'm guessing it was good, though?

alkanto
10-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Seinfeld is quite good! I missed the craze by a few years, but I do remember all the coverage and hubub when they finally announced it's last season. I wouldn't go so far as to say it had DW-esque following (nothing over here really does...) but it was certainly popular. You should watch it! It's hilarious :)

Now Watching: Community - the halloween episode! There's nothing quite like a zombie invasion set to the greatest hits of ABBA...I love this show :lol:

Erin
10-30-2010, 12:44 PM

Right on! I've seen some episodes at least 15 times and they still don't get old or lose their humor.

Heather19
10-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Glad you're enjoying it! I watched the series during a marathon run one halloween, too. Expected just a simple Big Brother pisstake with zombies, didn't expect it to have a genuinely good story!

Also, zombie Davina = pure win, over here in the UK at least, since she really was the presenter of Big Brother!

:lol: That's awesome.
I really enjoyed the series. I'm glad it finally got shown over here.

Very true. Very true. I've watched it for at least 10 years and I still feel happy when I catch it on tv. :)

I just recently started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm . Have you watched any of it? It's awesome. :thumbsup:

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm! One of the funniest (if not the funniest) show I've ever seen. Larry David cracks me up :lol:

Mattrick
10-31-2010, 07:49 AM
Seinfeld is fantastic. Due to my love for the game, my personal favourite episode is when Kramer and Nueman are playing Risk.

Girlystevedave
10-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Heather: Larry David is f'n hilarious. I'm glad they started playing Curb on basic cable so I can finally watch it now. I'm hooked. :)

And my favorite episode of Seinfeld would have to be the one where Jerry wears those glasses to "fool" Lloyd Braun, and he can't see anything while he wears them. I laugh til I cry no matter how many times I see that one. :rofl:
Oh, and Kramer wearing the tight jeans he can't get off..that one is classic too.

What am I watching right now: Shaun of the Dead. :wub:

turtlex
10-31-2010, 11:36 AM
Watching Now : SVU marathon on USA.

It's the SVU "scare-a-thon" marathon of fan favorites. :lol:

I've decided this would be my dream job - grouping SVU episodes into marathon themes.

My favorite so far as been the "never crack a smile" marathon - neither Elliott nor Liv smile at all in those episodes!! :lol:

Ricky
10-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh, and Kramer wearing the tight jeans he can't get off..that one is classic too.

"...but I'm the babysitter!"

Girlystevedave
10-31-2010, 11:40 AM
I love the scene where Jerry is trying to help him get them off. :lol:

Ricky
10-31-2010, 11:43 AM
"Kramer, they're painted on!"

Okay, somebody stop me!

haunted.lunchbox
10-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Watching Now : SVU marathon on USA.

It's the SVU "scare-a-thon" marathon of fan favorites. :lol:

I've decided this would be my dream job - grouping SVU episodes into marathon themes.

My favorite so far as been the "never crack a smile" marathon - neither Elliott nor Liv smile at all in those episodes!! :lol:

I LOVE SVU. The woman who plays Benson (I don't want to look up the correct spelling of her name) is an incredible actress. The people that play Benson and Stabler also work so well together, I could probably watch them together if they were playing some other role, like if they were the new Will and Grace.

alkanto
10-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Watching: "The Doctor's Daughter" - Episode 7, Series 4 of Doctor Who

I'm not as much into this series as I was earlier series and certainly not as much as series 5! I'm almost to the Moffat eps, though, so I hope it will pick up.

DoctorDodge
10-31-2010, 12:53 PM
That ep was exactly what I was watching barely an hour earlier, Pond! I think Donna was the best companion since Rose at that point, and went through some interesting character development from annoying bitch to faithful companion, but re-watching it, I must admit that the stories haven't quite grabbed me as much as the other seasons (with the exception of season 2, I think: Tennant was good in that, but in season 3 he became excellent, and Rose had gone past her sell-by date, as far as interesting development was concerned, imo. I'm not saying series 2 wasn't good, it just wasn't as good as the others, I think). Still, you'll love the Moffat eps: not only are they brilliant (well, that goes without saying: anything written by Moffat is 99% of the time absolutely fucking brilliant), but the first appearance of River Song. Brilliant! Just the Unicorn and the Wasp to go, and then you've got Moffat's 2-parter!

Oh, and Amanda?

What am I watching right now: Shaun of the Dead. :wub:

:couple: Always a classic, that one!

alkanto
10-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, that's what I think about the series as well. You have no idea how badly I want to just skip ahead to Silence in the Library...but then I would feel like a bad fan! And it still is better than 90% of television programs out there, so I hardly have room to complain. It just hasn't really grabbed me. Not like series 5.

As far as Donna goes, she did annoy me in the first few episodes - I think, within 4 eps she told the Doctor she wanted to go home! I understand it's gotta be a tough position to deal with, being a companion, but make up your mind, woman! But, as long as you say she gets better, I suppose I'll have to stick it out.
My problem is going to be that once I finish getting through this series and the specials, what will I watch? Sure, there's tons on my list...but not Doctor Who :P Most likely it will be continuing Torchwood, and then UK's The Office. Also, I think Spaced is coming up on my Netlfix queue...plenty to hold me off until Christmas!

DoctorDodge
10-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh, out of all of those, Spaced is my favourite. Not easily my favourite though - Torchwood started out a bit hit-and-miss, but got really good in season 2, and became fucking brilliant with Children of Earth, and The Office is just one of the greatest mockumentaries ever made, but Spaced...that just has to be watched. One of the greatest sitcoms ever made, as far as I'm concerned. No, sorry, scratch that - one of the best tv shows ever made. Made as big an impact on me during my childhood as Dr Who did (even if, being shown after the watershed and containing references to drugs and a fair amount of swearing, it wasn't as much of a family friendly show)! You can't miss that!

And regarding Donna, you gotta be fair to her. Yes, in the 3rd episode, she did want to leave, but think about the first two adventures she had gone through after Partners in Crime: first she saw a whole city of people destroyed by lava and caked in ash, and she saw the Doctor not just reluctant but actually refusing to do anything about it, and then seeing an empire of slavery, not by aliens but by the human race, the fact is that her first couple of adventures she went through terrible things that Rose and Martha didn't even have to go through in their last stories, let alone their first! The fact that Donna wanted to go home for a moment isn't surprising in that context, but what is surprising is that she wants to stay. That speaks volumes about how faithful she truly was. And how tragic her fate was, too. Poor, poor Donna...

alkanto
10-31-2010, 01:23 PM
I know I'm probably harsh on her at this point in the series...it's not that I dislike her. Don't that is what I'm trying to say. She just irks me more that either Rose or Donna did. And, coming from an outside perspective, I find it hard to believe anyone would ever want to leave the Doctor. That's my own personal opinion...but, you're right. I didn't have to actually go through was she did.

I'll have to look where Spaced is on my list...maybe move it up to the front if it isn't already :) I think it's the only one I am looking at right now I cannot watch online...plus I have to fit in Classic Who somewhere....and Sherlock! 3 1/2 more hours until episode 2 :excited:

DoctorDodge
10-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Awesome! :excited: Episode 2 is probably the weakest of the series, if I'm honest, but considering how amazing 1 is, and how action packed, thrilling, and allround brilliant The Great Game is (which you're gonna love, trust me), that's no real surprise. 2's still a fantastic episode, anyway.

Oh, and I know you can watch Spaced for free online at hulu.com, btw.

alkanto
10-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh, yeah...I always seem to forget about Hulu. I'll see what I can about it..either way, I hope to watch it very soon!

Now on to "Unicorn and the Wasp" - I'm excited about this one. I love Agatha Christie!

DoctorDodge
10-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Watched that half an hour ago. Taking a break for some more Discworld Noir (finished reading my first Discworld novel today, yay!) and then some classic Moffat eps! Btw, what do you think of Donna as a companion now you've watched the Doctor's Daughter?

I ask simply because that's a great example of Donna's faithfulness as a companion: Martha found it easy to leave again of her own choice, after being put through a lot in that episode, but like I said, Donna's stayed when she went through a lot more in her first couple of adventures, so sticking with the Doctor in TDD's relatively easy for her to do, really. The moment Donna said, "I'll travel with that man forever," only one word went through my head: doomed. Because no companion lasts forever. If they're lucky, they leave because they fall in love or find a better life back home. These days though, companions haven't been that lucky, let's be honest. First Rose got trapped on a parallel world, then Martha decided to leave because her family got put through a fuckload of misery during a year that never even happened. (And the fact that she loved someone who didn't love her, of course.) I dread to think what's going to happen to Amy (in a very, very long time, fingers crossed!)

alkanto
10-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Coupled with the ending of that episode and the points you made about Donna, I'm getting more used to her. That line made me sad though...especially after watching "Death of the Doctor." All those companions, all those adventures...what happens when it all ends? Or, how will it end, even?

The thing I do respect Martha about, even though she left with seemingly such ease, is that she was able to look back and realize when the time to leave was. Not everyone can do that. To have the self-awareness and strength to walk away from something that fantastic (albeit dangerous) life...and to see past all that to the harsh reality of the situation. Very few people could have done that. That would be difficult, but I see her reasoning behind it, more-so than her being an unfaithful companion.

With Amy, I can't even imagine. I mean, she's only been with the Doctor this short time, and already her fiance died and she completely forgot about him until he later came back and was forced to kill her, she was locked in the Pandorica for 2000 years, and not to mention all of the times she was captured, drugged, almost dissected, nearly frozen to death, almost turned into a Weeping Angel....and her relationship with the Doctor is so sweet, and unlike any others I have seen, IMO. I mean, she has physically come on to the Doctor, and is now part of the first married companion team. It's a fairly unique situation. It's going to break my heart when Pond reaches the end of the journey. As well as with Rory..I'm anxious to see where he fits in. I really like him, I do. But I know better than to think it will all work out without a hitch in the end..

Girlystevedave
11-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Friends. :)

Am I the only one who thinks that the mid episodes were the funniest? The early ones were boring, and the later ones were kind of lame at times. But the middle ones were hilarious.

Mattrick
11-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I liked the friend episodes with Giovanni Ribisi and Tom Selleck in them. Not too big on the show overall..

I'm watching season 3 of In Treatment. It's good.

DoctorDodge
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Finished watching Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead eps of Doctor Who, season 4. Of the whole season, these are my favourites. Actually, they're possibly my favourites of the whole RTD era. But then, considering they're not only written by Steven Moffat, but set up a ton of elements that Moffat will use when he takes over the show in Series 5 - including dark fairytale atmosphere, brilliant and bonkers ideas concerning time travel, being mostly free of RTD continuity, shit scary horror and of course, River Song - it's not surprising I always love watching them.

I remember the first time me and a mate first watched Silence in the Library. Afterwards we had a horror marathon, including Alien, 28 Days Later and From Dusk till Dawn. Now, I wouldn't say that Silence was the scariest thing we watched that night - that would definitely be Alien - but there were a ton of moments that came pretty close! I don't think I can ever look at shadows or even the dark quite the same way again really.

Next, Midnight!

fernandito
11-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Neon Genesis : Evangelion. EP 1.

OchrisO
11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm watching the new episode of Chuck. Chuck doesn't get near the love that it should.

fernandito
11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Is it a good show ? Admittedly I've never seen an episode of it, but it seemed very one-trick-pony to me ...

OchrisO
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
It is all kinds of awesome.

I came to the series pretty late, after it was saved from cancellation, but I watched all the back episodes nearly non-stop once I started. You should rent the first season or something and give it a whirl.

I started watching it so late because I thought the same thing just based on previews, but it is well worth watching.

DoctorDodge
11-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Watching right now: Doctor Who - The Stolen Earth, the first part of the series 4 finale. What can I say about this, other than it's probably one of the most epic finales I've ever seen! And when I say epic, I actually mean it: a ton of old characters returning, with other characters from not one but two spin-offs showing up, and a helluva lot of spaceships blowing shit up! It might not be the best - especially since the series 1 and 5 finales were so flippin' awesome - but I never get tired of watching this.

DoctorDodge
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Watching right now: The Sarah Jane Adventures - The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith.

Because a re-watch of Tennant's final eps would feel empty without it!

fernandito
11-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion, EP 6.

alkanto
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
"Planets of the Dead" - Doctor Who Special

haunted.lunchbox
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Is it a good show ? Admittedly I've never seen an episode of it, but it seemed very one-trick-pony to me ...

I have the blue version of the dharma initiative bodysuit you are wearing.

haunted.lunchbox
11-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Oh, I almost forgot... I love Evangelion. My husband got me into it, and I was hooked. I have the set, and the movies. Enjoy!

DoctorDodge
11-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Watching Right Now: Torchwood - Children of Earth.

Finished Day Two and about to start Day Three. I had forgotten how good this was. Really pushes Torchwood in a completely different direction. Whilst the first series simply aimed for "like Doctor Who, but with sex, violence, strong language and the occasional fucked up storyline" and the second was great but still something that was primarily fun to watch with nice little interesting storylines, Children of Earth is, quite simply, what Doctor Who isn't: serious, strong science fiction. Oh, don't get me wrong, Who will always be one of my favourite shows, and it explores so many aspects of drama and emotion whilst throwing in some great ideas to boot, but it's not the kind of show that deeply explores what happens in a "what if?" scenario from various view points, something that looks at how something as major as alien contact can affect ordinary people.

In short, it's absolutely fucking miserable but also brilliant, at least it is the way i remember it from last time. I'll post on the Torchwood board if it's as good as I remember. The first two episodes pack a lot of punch and quickly shake things up drastically for the team, but there's still great moments of dialogue in there. When someone asks about the Torchwood base, "What's in there?" "Big, science fiction superbase!" :lol: Still like how willing it is to poke fun at itself. But the humour does decrease as the week goes on.

alkanto
11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
The Waters of Mars - Doctor Who

I hope this one it better than Planet of the Dead...I didn't enjoy that one a whole lot...

DoctorDodge
11-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Ah, the Waters of Mars. That's a good one. Nice and dark, with proper scifi horror. Although I liked Planet of the Dead, at least as an antidote to all the continuity fests before it, The Waters of Mars is easily the best of the specials, imo.

alkanto
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
So far I like it...
not that I didn't like Planet of the Dead, but it wasn't up to the normal level of amazing I got from the last few episodes I watched. I did love Malcolm, though! He was funny :lol:

Heather19
11-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Ah, the Waters of Mars. That's a good one. Nice and dark, with proper scifi horror. Although I liked Planet of the Dead, at least as an antidote to all the continuity fests before it, The Waters of Mars is easily the best of the specials, imo.

Agreed. I loved Waters of Mars. I hope you enjoy it alkanto.

Mattrick
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Ottawa/Islanders game. Ottawa is up 3-0 fuckin aye.

fernandito
11-04-2010, 06:04 PM

I have the blue version of the dharma initiative bodysuit you are wearing.

Nice ! Any pics ? :D

Oh, I almost forgot... I love Evangelion. My husband got me into it, and I was hooked. I have the set, and the movies. Enjoy!

Yeah, I started watching them with my ex-gf a long time ago, but then we broke up and I never finished them :lol: I'm enjoying the hell out of them, they're great.

Emily
11-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Ottawa/Islanders game. Ottawa is up 3-0 fuckin aye.

Fuck the Islanders.

I'm thinking about watching How To Train Your Dragon in a little while. Anyone seen it?

alkanto
11-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I love that movie! It's an absolutely amazing piece of animation, with a lot of very spectacular moments.

Girlystevedave
11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
The Wonder Years. :)

Although I should be in bed.

DoctorDodge
11-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Finished Day 5 of Children of Earth. Bloody hell: was as great and yet depressing as I remembered. The first four episodes, I was thinking, "I don't know why I didn't buy this sooner really, it's not as dark as I remembered, I mean the banter's still there, at least." But then you reach Day 5 and you reach an episode that rips open your soul and shits down the hole it leaves. Really great television, but not something I can watch again anytime soon.

Still, it's back to Doctor Who now, and at least I can count on that to raise my spirits. Now, what's next...?

Oh.

The Waters of Mars. Quite possibly one of the darkest and unremorseful episodes of the show in the past five years, at least. Also one of the best, possibly, but still. Not something that's ideal to watch after Children of Earth. Ah well. Just this, End of Time, and then the joy of Series 5. Brilliant!

candy
11-06-2010, 03:16 AM
currently watching supernatural - still on series two. I am savouring it

haunted.lunchbox
11-06-2010, 09:50 AM
currently watching supernatural - still on series two. I am savouring it

I am also on season 2 of Supernatural! I have four of the seasons, I just don't have time to watch them all. One thing I've noticed that happened in the X Files, that is bothering me tremendously, is that it is going from a bunch of random jobs to a main focus story. Kind of how X Files started to focus on a main story... it kind of ruined it for me.

Bethany
11-06-2010, 10:01 AM
I watched a show on Discovery Health last night about sex robots. I am still creeped out. Boys are weird.

haunted.lunchbox
11-06-2010, 10:03 AM
I watched a show on Discovery Health last night about sex robots. I am still creeped out. Boys are weird.

I SAW THAT! Did you see the part where the guy makes his girlfriend pretend to be a robot!

That being said. There is also a show called Strange Sex... they had this guy on there with a balloon fetish, I guess they called them Looners... that was weird.

Bethany
11-06-2010, 10:04 AM
YES! Not just pretend but get frigging hypnotized! Sheesh!

haunted.lunchbox
11-06-2010, 10:05 AM
YES! Not just pretend but get frigging hypnotized! Sheesh!

That is a good girlfriend.

Bethany
11-06-2010, 10:06 AM
That is a crazy chick with issues :beat:

haunted.lunchbox
11-06-2010, 10:07 AM
That is a crazy chick with issues :beat:

Haha, I can't say I blame them. For years I've wanted my husband to wear a Halo costume....

DoctorDodge
11-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Watching right now: my brand new Doctor Who: Series 5 limited edition set.

It's brilliant: just finished watching not only the Eleventh Hour (which still has one of the most kick-arse moments ever) but also a brand new scene set between Hour and The Beast Below. It's short, but it's great: it's Amy asking all the questions she didn't ask in either eps 1 or 2, and of course being bloody hilarious about it, as both she and the Doctor usually are. Now then: Beast Below!

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Dexter season 3 binge!

candy
11-07-2010, 01:41 AM
I am also on season 2 of Supernatural! I have four of the seasons, I just don't have time to watch them all. One thing I've noticed that happened in the X Files, that is bothering me tremendously, is that it is going from a bunch of random jobs to a main focus story. Kind of how X Files started to focus on a main story... it kind of ruined it for me.

I know exactly what you mean, its making me a little nervous, especially as there are apparantley 6 series of this - if it becomes a really rigid story like the X-Files it will certainly turn me off. Thats one of the reasons i stopped watching the X-files. fingers crossed - at the moment they still have a few random episodes

I SAW THAT! Did you see the part where the guy makes his girlfriend pretend to be a robot!

That being said. There is also a show called Strange Sex... they had this guy on there with a balloon fetish, I guess they called them Looners... that was weird.

Did either of you watch the one where they were turned on by buildings? gross out city - i felt dirty after i watched it

haunted.lunchbox
11-07-2010, 07:33 AM
I know exactly what you mean, its making me a little nervous, especially as there are apparantley 6 series of this - if it becomes a really rigid story like the X-Files it will certainly turn me off. Thats one of the reasons i stopped watching the X-files. fingers crossed - at the moment they still have a few random episodes

Did either of you watch the one where they were turned on by buildings? gross out city - i felt dirty after i watched it

In Supernatural do you also dislike Jo? I HATE her! I wanted so bad for them to bring on a female character, and they brought Jo on for some episodes and I hated it! She was a pretty girl, but she couldn't act. She didn't even look the part she was playing. They should have cast someone like Mila Kunis.

Never saw the buildings one... yikes.

alkanto
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Watching right now: my brand new Doctor Who: Series 5 limited edition set.

It's brilliant: just finished watching not only the Eleventh Hour (which still has one of the most kick-arse moments ever) but also a brand new scene set between Hour and The Beast Below. It's short, but it's great: it's Amy asking all the questions she didn't ask in either eps 1 or 2, and of course being bloody hilarious about it, as both she and the Doctor usually are. Now then: Beast Below!

Limited edition? I want! :drool: What makes it limited edition, as opposed to the other DVD sets?

Watching: Sherlock - The Great Game! :excited: I love this show to death!

haunted.lunchbox
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Nice ! Any pics ? :D
As you can probably see from my profile pic I'm barely capable of taking your everyday shot in the mirror picture... I will have to work on this because I'm so excited that someone else has a dharma jumpsuit... I'm going to wear it during the rewatch.

Yeah, I started watching them with my ex-gf a long time ago, but then we broke up and I never finished them :lol: I'm enjoying the hell out of them, they're great.
The movies are good too, so don't forget them. I am still confused by some of the content... I really like all the religious nuggets they put in there!

DoctorDodge
11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Limited edition? I want! :drool: What makes it limited edition, as opposed to the other DVD sets?

Watching: Sherlock - The Great Game! :excited: I love this show to death!

Well, the limited edition set I've got is not only numbered, but also a slim, steelbook set with a completely different cover (this one just has the crack on it) with 4 artcards inside. I'll upload some more pics for ya later, Pond!

fernandito
11-08-2010, 12:51 PM
...I'm so excited that someone else has a dharma jumpsuit... I'm going to wear it during the rewatch.

That'd be brilliant !

The movies are good too, so don't forget them. I am still confused by some of the content... I really like all the religious nuggets they put in there!

I bought an imported box-set at a collectibles warehouse a few weeks ago, it comes with all the episodes and both movies. Can't wait to get to them as I've heard virtually nothing but great things. :D

haunted.lunchbox
11-08-2010, 01:46 PM
That'd be brilliant !

I bought an imported box-set at a collectibles warehouse a few weeks ago, it comes with all the episodes and both movies. Can't wait to get to them as I've heard virtually nothing but great things. :D

Make sure you tell me when you are done so we can talk about it, I don't want to spoil anything for you!

DoctorDodge
11-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Well, with the release of series 5 on dvd at last, and me getting it two days early in the weekend, i can finally move away from Doctor Who.

Well, I would, if the story I'm watching right now hadn't been released on dvd recently: The Seeds of Doom. Tom Baker + gothic horror + body horror = another story I should've seen ages ago! Casablanca after i'm done with this, though.