PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching right now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

Still Servant
12-30-2014, 07:29 AM
CHOSEN... has ANYONE out there seen this? WOW! It is on Crackle.... just amazing!

On your recommendation, I just watched the first season last night. Thank you! You and I really do have the same taste in TV/Movies.

For anybody interested, it's free for everybody on Crackle and you can breeze through it. Each season is six 30 minute episodes. The show is really polished and well made. I didn't know what to expect coming from Crackle, but I'm impressed. The vibe I get from the show is a mix between The Box and The Game. The Box was just alright, but The Game is one of my favorite films of all time.

I can't wait to see where the series goes from here. Thanks again.

fernandito
12-30-2014, 09:01 AM
Finished Six Feet Under - Season 2 over the long weekend. Starting S3 soon.

fearless-freak
12-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters: The Great Dinosaur Battle! Farewell Our Eternal Friends
it features the Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (mighty morphin power rangers)and Bakuryū Sentai Abaranger (dino thunder)

DoctorDodge
12-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Started watching Orphan Black. That is amazing so far, especially when you get to a few episodes in and see just how incredibly versatile lead actress Tatiana Maslany is. I can definitely see why this show gets so much hype.

Also re-watching season 1 of Fargo. Don't do that much these days, especially so soon after it aired and the amount of shows I still need to watch, but I just love this show so much. Satisfying on so many levels.

fearless-freak
12-31-2014, 08:16 AM
Necromentia

mae
01-06-2015, 02:13 AM
So since Netflix added Friends on January 1, I've been binge-watching it, having never really watched it when it was originally on. What a great and fun series! I'm already done with the first two seasons in just five days.

Still Servant
01-06-2015, 03:23 PM
So since Netflix added Friends on January 1, I've been binge-watching it, having never really watched it when it was originally on. What a great and fun series! I'm already done with the first two seasons in just five days.

Judging by your film taste, I would not have pegged you as a Friends guy. That's great.

I too love Friends. I grew up watching it with my sister.

mae
01-06-2015, 11:32 PM
That's why I never watched it when it was on TV, because I figured it was this popular mindless sitcom. But it's so fun and funny. I had the same thing happen with How I Met Your Mother. I guess I'm getting softer with age :)

WeDealInLead
01-07-2015, 06:24 AM
Watching The Unit and trying real hard not to throw stuff at the TV. While I dig the military jargon and action scenes some of the plot holes are just..argh...PAINFUL. A mission goes south and each member of the unit is to find his own way home from Spain. Most of the story is about the last member getting in shenanigans, trying to rip of an American tourist for money, drug dealers for a boat and then he's back with his crew. When asked how he managed to got home he answers "Don't ask." Roll credits.

Spanish cops also don't frisk and cuff criminals so he was able to smuggle a pistol in a cop car, smash the window and escape in an unknown city. He then seduced a gay British man, punched a local gay guy in the stomach, got on his yacht, magically avoided the coast guard and found his way home without a passport, money all while being on a wanted list for murdering a Spanish politician. Don't ask indeed.

A different member of the unit met a Romanian prostitute and she smuggled him in her cousin's chicken truck to Romania. From Spain...to Romania. Pull up a map and LOL.

fearless-freak
01-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Kick Ass 2

Still Servant
01-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Nobody has watched anything since January 7?

Anyway, I haven't watched it yet, but I'm wondering if anybody has seen the 12 Monkeys TV show yet?

fernandito
01-19-2015, 03:02 PM
I've been watching Six Feet Under. About to wrap up season 3.
Fucking incredible show. Will most likely crack my top 5 when finished.

Heather19
01-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Feev, have you not finished the entire series already? I thought this was a rewatch for you? I want to go back and watch them again, but I have so many shows to watch I probably won't get to it too soon.

fernandito
01-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Well, there is about a 2 year gap between the time I finished season 1 and the time I started season 2 lol. But no, this is definitely the first time I watch it. Such a powerful series.

Heather19
01-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Oh wow, maybe I'm just remembering you starting season 1 then :lol: Well what were you waiting for?! It's a great show :)

fernandito
01-19-2015, 04:15 PM
It truly is. I'm systematically making my way through dramas I'm apt to find in the 'best of' lists. I'm advancing in both Twin Peaks (although my interest is starting to wan a little) and SFU.

I have Deadwood next on the list. Subject to change tho lol.

DoctorDodge
01-19-2015, 04:42 PM
Damn, I need to watch more Six Feet Under. Loved the first ep, just haven't gotten round to watching the rest of the series yet. So many shows, not enough time. I have rather enjoyed Twin Peaks so far though, and I'm enjoying the shit out of Orphan Black and Bates Motel right now.

Heather19
01-19-2015, 04:42 PM
I love Twin Peaks. Don't give up :(

Adreena
01-19-2015, 05:32 PM
I just started watching Carnivàle, I love it so far.
It has Michael J. Anderson in it, the man from another place. ;)

Heather19
01-19-2015, 05:33 PM
I just started watching Carnivàle, I love it so far.
It has Michael J. Anderson in it, the man from another place. ;)

:thumbsup:

Ricky
01-19-2015, 06:07 PM
I watched the first season of Twin Peaks, but just didn't understand the praise. :(

fernandito
01-20-2015, 12:16 PM
Damn, I need to watch more Six Feet Under. Loved the first ep, just haven't gotten round to watching the rest of the series yet.
One of the main reasons it has resonated with me so strongly is because of its compelling cast of characters. They're all so... human. They're presented with impossible situations and they don't always necessarily handle them with finesse, or honesty. It's a show about life, death, and all the madness in between.

So many shows, not enough time.
Bingo.

I love Twin Peaks. Don't give up :(

I watched the first season of Twin Peaks, but just didn't understand the praise. :(

I think a big part of the appeal was that it did things no other show did at that time, it was a trail blazer of sorts during an era where TV story telling was coming into its own.

Two things that really bug me while watching; the often cringe worthy melodramatic acting, and the funky ass music that plays sometimes lol. It's tough to remain immersed when a tense scene is followed by one with a track that sounds like it belongs on a CBS sitcom.

webstar1000
01-20-2015, 12:17 PM
GUYS WATCH: CHOSEN. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

fernandito
01-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Has anyone watched The 100???

webstar1000
01-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Has anyone watched The 100???

I did... don't give up on it.. 1st season sucks... but the second gets really good!

fearless-freak
01-21-2015, 10:20 AM
The Night Flier

racerx45
01-21-2015, 11:18 AM
The Night Flier

Nice

Still Servant
01-21-2015, 05:05 PM

I watched the first season. Did you see my write-up on it thanking you for the recommendation?

webstar1000
01-22-2015, 04:39 AM

I watched the first season. Did you see my write-up on it thanking you for the recommendation?

No I did not!!!! Thanks man:) Rose McGowan is in the 3rd... what a ride!!!! Glad someone here is getting to experience the ride....

fearless-freak
01-22-2015, 06:56 AM
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

question is Dwight Renfield the same vampire from the short story Popsy?

mae
01-22-2015, 09:39 AM
Still binging on Friends on Netflix. Halfway through Season Five. "The One Where Everybody Finds Out" has got to be one of the funniest episodes in TV history!

Girlystevedave
01-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Still binging on Friends on Netflix. Halfway through Season Five. "The One Where Everybody Finds Out" has got to be one of the funniest episodes in TV history!

I'm not too crazy about the first few/last few seasons of Friends, but the middle seasons are hilarious.

Jon
01-23-2015, 09:10 PM
I am really getting into "Skins." I cannot believe it.

fearless-freak
01-24-2015, 06:07 AM
Trick 'r Treat

Shannon
01-26-2015, 11:38 PM
About halfway through The Affair. Excellent, excellent, excellent show. My only slightly negative thought so far --and I can't believe I'm saying this-- is that there is a little too much sex. I only say this because the show is SO good that it is actually a little distracting. It's hard to explain. Anyway, the first season is ten or so episodes, and it won lots of awards and such, blah blah blah, it's awesome ... so watch it.

And this is coming from someone who watches a LOT of TV, didn't expect much from the show in the first place, and who dislikes very strongly two of the main actors (Maura Tierney and Dominic West). And yet, I love it. It's one of those shows you want to keep watching because you've just gotta know what happens next.

fearless-freak
01-27-2015, 07:44 AM
Bounty Killer

DoctorZaius
01-31-2015, 06:48 PM
Just finished season two of The Fall. Fantastic series from the BBC that can be streamed on Netflix. Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan play out a chilling cat and mouse game of detective and serial killer. The dual points of view portrayed over the 12 episode arc are well worth your time.

Shannon
01-31-2015, 10:36 PM
After The Affair (GREAT first season, five out of five), I started BBC's The Missing. Turned it off after one episode, slow and boring. Then I gave The Knick a chance. I like Clive Owen enough and seeing how they did surgery in the 1900's was amazing and very well-researched, but it was a very a slow show as well. Not a lot happens. So, I gave up after three episodes. Then I started and finished Ascension. Nothing groundbreaking, but enjoyable enough to finish the 6 episode (3 two-part episode) season. A three out of five rating for that one. And now ... what to watch what to watch ...

Kingdom, season one, here we go.

fearless-freak
02-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Waxwork

needfulthings
02-01-2015, 01:50 AM
BETTER YET!
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/4451/kc93Ho.jpg

frik
02-01-2015, 02:17 AM
Perry Mason - season 1.
Loving it so far.

sk

fearless-freak
02-01-2015, 02:24 AM
Drive In Massacre

Ricky
02-01-2015, 07:54 AM
Then I gave The Knick a chance. I like Clive Owen enough and seeing how they did surgery in the 1900's was amazing and very well-researched, but it was a very a slow show as well. Not a lot happens. So, I gave up after three episodes.

Shannon, The Knick bored me to death. I think I gave up around episode three as well. I was looking forward to it before it premiered but it was so slow.

Also agree about Ascension. Nothing amazing, but it wasn't a big time commitment so I finished it.

alkanto
02-04-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm really enjoying Face Off. I would kill to be a model on that show. that sort of makeup kicks ass and I love looking like ... basically, not me

mae
02-05-2015, 06:20 AM
As someone who grew up in the '90s, for me this was just priceless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac

fearless-freak
02-05-2015, 07:09 AM
Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn

fernandito
02-05-2015, 09:31 AM
I know it's the radio talk show host's job to hype up a show to drive dvd and blu ray sales and raise further awareness and so forth; this morning I listened in as Billy Bob Thornton took part of the broadcast. The two talk show hosts were just raving about his performance in Fargo, and they both went so far as to say that his role in that is "one of the best characters in the history of television".

Is the show / his performance really that good?

@James
@Anyone else who has watched Fargo

fearless-freak
02-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Evil Dead III: Army Of Darkness

alkanto
02-05-2015, 02:27 PM
I know it's the radio talk show host's job to hype up a show to drive dvd and blu ray sales and raise further awareness and so forth; this morning I listened in as Billy Bob Thornton took part of the broadcast. The two talk show hosts were just raving about his performance in Fargo, and they both went so far as to say that his role in that is "one of the best characters in the history of television".

@James

I loved Fargo. it was amazingly good, including Billy Bob Thorton. Watch it. Watch it now

DoctorDodge
02-05-2015, 04:41 PM

@James

I loved Fargo. it was amazingly good, including Billy Bob Thorton. Watch it. Watch it now

Pond has excellent taste. You should listen to her! :lol:

Seriously, I've already started re-watching season 1. Thornton's great, but I really loved it for Martin Freeman's performance. I really don't want to spoil it, but his performance as Lester Nygaard is so refreshingly different to most of his other performances (which I usually enjoy, especially The Office and The Hobbit, but with Fargo, you finally get to see him play someone just a little bit different to the likable decent British guy).

Still Servant
02-05-2015, 05:18 PM

@James

Fargo is indeed great. BBT is also fantastic. I wouldn't go as far as to see it's one of the best characters in TV history though. The show is worth a watch though. I actually thought the last few episodes kind of dipped a little for me.

pathoftheturtle
02-05-2015, 06:36 PM
As someone who grew up in the '90s... [video]The more people say that about "Saved By the Bell," the better I feel about having grown up before the 90s.

alkanto
02-05-2015, 07:18 PM

@James

Fargo is indeed great. BBT is also fantastic. I wouldn't go as far as to see it's one of the best characters in TV history though. The show is worth a watch though. I actually thought the last few episodes kind of dipped a little for me.

I really liked Colin Hanks in this. Probably better than Billy Bob Thorton

fernandito
02-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Sold!

I'll start it as soon as I wrap up Six Feet Under s3, just need to finish the final disc.

fearless-freak
02-07-2015, 06:49 AM
The Untouchables

Girlystevedave
02-07-2015, 06:52 AM
I'm really enjoying Face Off. I would kill to be a model on that show. that sort of makeup kicks ass and I love looking like ... basically, not me

I really enjoy Face Off when I catch it on tv. :thumbsup:

fearless-freak
02-08-2015, 01:42 AM
Deadwood season 3

DoctorDodge
02-14-2015, 02:33 PM
WRN: Quadrophenia. True British classic. :)

Tommy
02-14-2015, 09:15 PM
MST3K episode - Monster A-Go Go

Shannon
02-14-2015, 09:30 PM
Did anyone watch the first episode of the slap? Excellent.

Annnnnd I just started parenthood, absolutely wonderful show.

fearless-freak
02-15-2015, 12:37 AM
Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters

mae
02-15-2015, 05:30 AM
Did anyone watch the first episode of the slap? Excellent.

Annnnnd I just started parenthood, absolutely wonderful show.

Parenthood is an amazing series that doesn't get nearly enough respect. The acting in that is tremendous.

allasorte
02-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Deadwood season 3

Deadwood. Best written TV show I have ever seen. Cocksucka!

allasorte
02-15-2015, 09:02 AM
I actually started and eventually finished "Modern Family" and really enjoyed it as each character brings something funny to the table.
If anyone is into dark and horror type TV shows then you should look into "True Detective" and "Penny Dreadful." Two new shows better then advertised.

fearless-freak
02-16-2015, 06:56 AM
Babylon 5: In The Beginning

fernandito
02-16-2015, 08:57 AM
Started watching Fargo. So far so good. I'm amazed at how well they were able to replicate the atmosphere of its film counterpart while simultaneously maintaining a fresh approach.

Billy Bob Thorton and Martin Freeman are both exceptional.

Also, are the events really based on a true story, or are the creators just being cute?

fearless-freak
02-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Babylon 5: The Gathering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_%28TV_series%29#.22This_is_a_true_story.22

allasorte
02-16-2015, 09:12 AM
Babylon 5: The Gathering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargo_%28TV_series%29#.22This_is_a_true_story.22
I thought it was illegal to claim, "based on a true story," when it isn't? I knew Fargo wasn't and I'm tired of shows and movies attempting to promote on false pretenses. If it's a good show, people will watch it regardless. Why lie?

fearless-freak
02-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Babylon 5: Signs and Portents season 1

mae
02-16-2015, 09:57 AM
The SNL 40th Anniversary Special. How epic was that shit!

DoctorDodge
02-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Started watching Fargo. So far so good. I'm amazed at how well they were able to replicate the atmosphere of its film counterpart while simultaneously maintaining a fresh approach.

Billy Bob Thorton and Martin Freeman are both exceptional.

Also, are the events really based on a true story, or are the creators just being cute?

The creators, like the Coen Brothers, just being cute, in this case.

And I'm glad you're enjoying it. Completely agreed that what really amazed me about it was how much it got the film's atmosphere spot-on. It's something that I wish a lot of TV adaptations and remakes did more often - focusing more on the core elements of what made the original source material so great rather than trying to copy the exact same story.

WRN: What If? Definitely one of the better rom-coms I've seen in recent years.

fearless-freak
02-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Babylon 5: The Coming Of Shadows season 2

allasorte
02-19-2015, 11:44 AM
I loved Fargo the show. Everyone was great in it. I am disappointed "The Bridge" was cancelled. Not many good shows on in the spring. It's not great, but not bad at all.

WeDealInLead
03-18-2015, 02:52 PM
I was pretty sure there was a thread about The 100 but I can't find it anywhere. Anyways. The second season just ended. This show is bleak, violent and gruesome. It's for younger audiences but it goes places The Hunger Games (just an example) doesn't dare. The producers don't pull any punches and don't hide the blood, torture and I found myself cringing a few times. My only complaint is that the dialogue is a little corny occasionally. Other than that, if you've liked the YA movies like Insurgent, The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner etc. but with characters who actually get their hands dirty and make tough choices, I highly suggest this. Season two ends with what is basically a war crime by today's standards.

I watched 12 Monkeys last night to refresh my memory before I binge watch the TV show this Friday night (I'm working a night shift). I'm expecting great things. I also have Fargo and then starting the show. A local video place has unlimited rentals for $10 a month. I'm not sure what their profit margin is on that but hey, no complaints.

fernandito
03-18-2015, 04:02 PM
I read an article recently on how The 100 is one of last year's best new shoes. I hope to start it soon.

I just finished Fargo a few days ago, excellent show. The only thing I didn't like was
the anticlimactic ending. I wanted Lester to receive a comeuppance proportionate to his many crimes.

WeDealInLead
03-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Was it an article on Bleeding Cool? They had a solid write up yesterday. Spoiler-heavy but pretty much how I feel about the show. The first few episodes were a little rocky but after I'd say three episodes the show really gets going. It's on Netflix.

I think this is a rare case of an adaptation being leagues above source material.

fearless-freak
04-06-2015, 03:14 AM
The Beast Within: Director Approved Cut

DoctorDodge
04-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Checking out Spooks for the first time. First episode was good, but the 2nd episode kicked things off in a big way. I still remember one particular scene that caused a lot of controversy when it was first broadcast. Even knowing it was coming, it was still shocking and even horrifying to watch. It's definitely got me interested in seeing how the rest of the series pans out, and really curious about the upcoming film The Greater Good.

taggs7475
05-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Rangers Playoff Hockey Tonight

wordslingers
06-19-2015, 10:45 AM
I was pretty sure there was a thread about The 100 but I can't find it anywhere. Anyways. The second season just ended. This show is bleak, violent and gruesome. It's for younger audiences but it goes places The Hunger Games (just an example) doesn't dare. The producers don't pull any punches and don't hide the blood, torture and I found myself cringing a few times. My only complaint is that the dialogue is a little corny occasionally. Other than that, if you've liked the YA movies like Insurgent, The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner etc. but with characters who actually get their hands dirty and make tough choices, I highly suggest this. Season two ends with what is basically a war crime by today's standards.

you've got the 100 spot on! I watched it on the insistence of my father (!!!) and a friend, and while I had some trouble at first it honestly works out really well. Sometimes you think the show is headed in typical direction and then it veers off into something unexpected or surprising! The dialogue is sometimes awful but some of the actors are incredibly talented and the different communities and clans of people are fascinating enough to want to keep going. Loved the end of S2 and I hope we get to see the repercussions of their choices :D

Aside from that I also finished watching Sense8 on netflix last week and I gotta say it was definitely part of why I picked up my DT reread! The sensates are in contact in a way that reminds me of the ka-tet. They can sense each other/share what they're experiencing/have a sort of physical and emotional telepathy going on. It was a great show, the finale was a little disappointing and didn't feel like a finale (so I hope there's a season 2) but it was really enjoyable and so refreshing to see so many different kinds of characters.

WeDealInLead
10-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Funny, I haven't checked this thread since I posted about The 100 and now that I have, I find myself watching and agreeing with everything you said about Sense8. I have two episodes left to finish season one.

"I prefer to think of you as my hallucination"
"That's OK, I don't mind."

Bam!

Shannon
10-07-2015, 11:33 PM
American Horror Story: Hotel. GREAT premiere.

Loved the drilldo and how brutal it was. A lot is going on, and it's all interesting. An of course a ton of nods to The Shining.

Heather19
10-08-2015, 10:27 AM
I really enjoyed it as well. This looks like it's going to be a crazy season.

fernandito
10-08-2015, 03:37 PM
I left off midway through S2 of AHS. :redface:

I enjoy the show, I just got distracted by too many others.

The intro/theme is fucking fantastic.

Heather19
10-09-2015, 04:13 AM
Skip the rest of season 2 and 3 and watch Freakshow. Loved that season.

Ricky
10-09-2015, 06:56 AM
I still haven't watched Coven. Maybe this month. :orely:

killjoy72
10-09-2015, 07:40 AM
I LOVED season 1, but had to bail out during season 2. Waaay to much going on in that one.

fernandito
10-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Skip the rest of season 2 and 3 and watch Freakshow. Loved that season.

So the pay off isn't worth it? Should I just Wiki the rest?

webstar1000
10-09-2015, 07:52 AM
I LOVED season 1, but had to bail out during season 2. Waaay to much going on in that one.

Season one was pretty good.. your right. Season 2 was so friggin stupid I won't go back...

Shannon
10-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Murder House was by far the best, and Asylum was by far the worst.

Heather19
10-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Season 1 is my favorite. Asylum was ok. Coven was the worst. And Freakshow I loved, but not quite as much as Murder House.

Feev, I'd put it on hold and move onto Freakshow. You can always go back and finish it later. They're all standalone so you don't need to watch one before the next. Although they did say they were all somehow connected but I wouldn't worry about it.

mae
10-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Jane the Virgin was just added to Netflix. Despite appearances, this is a very smart and funny show. Highly recommended.

Still Servant
10-12-2015, 03:55 PM

Season one was pretty good.. your right. Season 2 was so friggin stupid I won't go back...

A lot of people bailed after season 2, which is too bad because it's the weakest.

However, I'm not really sure it makes sense to bail after a season you don't like on American Horror Story. Especially if you liked season 1. The format of the show is always different. Just because you didn't like season 2, doesn't mean you won't like some of the other seasons. Freak Show was probably one of the best yet and Hotel is off to a good start.

People are missing out if they are just basing it off of one particular season.

webstar1000
10-13-2015, 06:02 AM

A lot of people bailed after season 2, which is too bad because it's the weakest.

However, I'm not really sure it makes sense to bail after a season you don't like on American Horror Story. Especially if you liked season 1. The format of the show is always different. Just because you didn't like season 2, doesn't mean you won't like some of the other seasons. Freak Show was probably one of the best yet and Hotel is off to a good start.

People are missing out if they are just basing it off of one particular season.

hmmmmm. maybe I will try Freakshow when the tv season breaks for Xmas... that is the one to watch then eh?

fernandito
10-13-2015, 07:35 AM
That's the problem with anthology shows, the quality of each season can vary greatly.

Look at True Detective. Season 1 was phenomenal, and Season 2 was less than mediocre. Subsequent seasons might drag the needle back towards Good, but by that point the trust with the audience has been broken, and why stick with something that might be good again when you have so many other quality shows out there waiting for you?

Still Servant
10-13-2015, 04:19 PM
That's the problem with anthology shows, the quality of each season can vary greatly.

Look at True Detective. Season 1 was phenomenal, and Season 2 was less than mediocre. Subsequent seasons might drag the needle back towards Good, but by that point the trust with the audience has been broken, and why stick with something that might be good again when you have so many other quality shows out there waiting for you?

I see what you're saying. I guess it's just because I trust the creators to come up with something that is entertaining for the most part. Murphy has shown to be fairly consistent.

Also, let us never speak of True Detective season 2 ever again. I will say this though, if season 3 has a cast I like and the story sounds interesting, I will be back.

Heather19
10-13-2015, 05:33 PM
So I guess I should not pursue season 2? I only saw the first episode.

As for American Horror Story, I agree with Mike. I've watched AHS since the beginning and last season was easily up to par with season 1. Also I'm absolutely loving Scream Queens. So they're on a role for me at the moment.

Ricky
10-14-2015, 06:30 AM
I'm enjoying Scream Queens too, but thought I'd like it more. Part of the fun is that it's SO over-the-top but on the other hand, I wish it took itself and the horror element of it more seriously.

mae
10-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Not TV but wow, never seen any of these but holy crap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1J-vdbp66E

Heather19
10-14-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm enjoying Scream Queens too, but thought I'd like it more. Part of the fun is that it's SO over-the-top but on the other hand, I wish it took itself and the horror element of it more seriously.

It's completely different than how I thought it would be. I thought it would be much more horror-like. But I love how over the top everything is. While I'm not opposed to another scary show, I do think it's a good balance with AHS, which is definitely more focused on the horror side of things.

Ricky
10-14-2015, 08:25 AM
I love Denise Hemphill. :lol:

fernandito
10-21-2015, 01:49 PM
Aziz Ansari has the fucking worst stand up comedy specials I have ever seen.

That is all.

Still Servant
10-27-2015, 05:03 PM
I would tend to agree. I enjoy him on TV shows and movies, but I can't get into his stand-up.

He has a Netflix series coming out soon. I'm not sure if I should check it out or not.

Shannon
10-27-2015, 08:15 PM
I hate hate hate Aziz. With a passion.

But on the other hand, the trailer for his new show actually looks pretty funny, lol.

mae
10-31-2015, 03:47 PM
Watching now: this perfect Halloween show, a live concert of Danny Elfman's music from the movies of Tim Burton at Lincoln Center: http://video.pbs.org/video/2365596258/

Still Servant
11-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Did anybody watch Agent X with Sharon Stone on Sunday? It's kind of cheesy, but I found it somewhat entertaining. I'm not gonna lie, one of my main reasons for watching is for Olga Fonda, whom I've had a thing for since seeing her in a small role on How I Met Your Mother years ago.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/vampirediaries/images/9/99/Olga_Fonda.png/revision/latest?cb=20130712230330

killjoy72
11-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Binge watching Jessica Jones!

fernandito
11-20-2015, 01:50 PM
How is that?

killjoy72
11-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Fucked UP. I can't believe there's this much sex in a Marvel show. :lol: I'm only up to episode 7, but I'm really digging it so far. I had some high expectations after Daredevil and JJ has not disappointed!

webstar1000
11-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Jessica Jones is a much see. Wow.

Still Servant
11-22-2015, 05:02 PM
I always enjoy Krysten Ritter dating back to Veronica Mars. I may have to check it out.

fernandito
11-23-2015, 09:38 AM
I plan on binge watching it over the Thanksgiving weekend. Heard nothing but good things.

This Marvel/Netflix team up is turning out to be the gift that keeps on giving!

webstar1000
11-23-2015, 10:33 AM
I plan on binge watching it over the Thanksgiving weekend. Heard nothing but good things.

This Marvel/Netflix team up is turning out to be the gift that keeps on giving!

Yeah, I am 5 in and NEED to finish. THIS is Marvel at it's best. No silly jokes... no bullshit at all. This is a solid 9.5/10 for me so far. To get a 10?? just a "touch" more action... thats it.

DoctorDodge
11-24-2015, 06:28 PM
After taking another positive step towards possibly moving to Canada, now binge-watching the extended version of The Hobbit trilogy. Onto the final film now. Oddly enough, last time I watched this was in a marathon sitting as well, that time at the cinema.

Still Servant
11-24-2015, 07:19 PM
After taking another positive step towards possibly moving to Canada, now binge-watching the extended version of The Hobbit trilogy. Onto the final film now. Oddly enough, last time I watched this was in a marathon sitting as well, that time at the cinema.

Where in Canada are you thinking about moving, James?

I've never watched the Hobbit films in a row. The thought intrigues me though.

WeDealInLead
11-24-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm watching Extant. It's pretty cool. I'll be starting Orphan Black S3 and The Man in the High Castle tomorrow.

DoctorDodge
11-25-2015, 07:14 AM

I'm hoping to move to Vancouver Mike, although I'll wait and see what happens. The visa application's being processed, at least.

Oddly enough, I've marathoned The Hobbit movies twice, yet haven't done the same with The Lord of the Rings yet. Must get round to trying that out eventually.

fernandito
11-25-2015, 10:17 AM
Any reason for Canada in particular, James?

webstar1000
11-25-2015, 11:47 AM
Any reason for Canada in particular, James?

Because it really is awesome:)

DoctorDodge
11-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Absolutely.

That, plus the USA is considerably tighter on immigrants atm. :p

But seriously, I'm just looking for a fresh start and to take a break for a long while. It helps that I've got roots there a well.

Still Servant
11-25-2015, 07:04 PM
I'll be starting The Man in the High Castle tomorrow.

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts. I don't know anybody that has seen it, and I'm really looking forward to watching it at some point.

I'm hoping to move to Vancouver Mike, although I'll wait and see what happens. The visa application's being processed, at least.

Oddly enough, I've marathoned The Hobbit movies twice, yet haven't done the same with The Lord of the Rings yet. Must get round to trying that out eventually.

Good luck with things, James! That's very exciting. I hope they have internet in Canada, I'd hate to not see you around these boards. :P

I did a Lord of the Rings Extended Edition marathon a few years back. It's a day I look back fondly on.

WeDealInLead
11-25-2015, 07:15 PM

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts. I don't know anybody that has seen it, and I'm really looking forward to watching it at some point.

I've watched the pilot only. The other episodes are in low quality or they've been taken down. Amazon has the pilot for free so check it out.

The show is everything I want it to be, everything that Minority Report should have been. They completely nailed the look, or at least how I imagined it while reading the book. (Speak in rhyme, all the time.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RSI4S1E/ref=dv_dp_ep1 Nearly 32,000 reviews for an 8.3 average is pretty good.

fernandito
11-27-2015, 05:34 AM
It's been so long since I've read TMITHC and I remember precious little of it. I do remember having a gratifying experience while reading it though.

Hope to catch the show at some point.

webstar1000
11-27-2015, 05:52 AM

I've watched the pilot only. The other episodes are in low quality or they've been taken down. Amazon has the pilot for free so check it out.

The show is everything I want it to be, everything that Minority Report should have been. They completely nailed the look, or at least how I imagined it while reading the book. (Speak in rhyme, all the time.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RSI4S1E/ref=dv_dp_ep1 Nearly 32,000 reviews for an 8.3 average is pretty good.

I wanna see that so bad... are you saying the other episodes are not available yet?

fernandito
02-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Finally finished Mad Men last night.

A little underwhelmed with the final stretch, but when I think back on the whole, it's easily a 'Tier 1' show, as Matt would say.

Also that Coca Cola final was genius.

I'm going to start Mr. Robot next since it's only 1 season, and following it up with 24!

Jacqui
02-28-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm rewatching Still Game- I do love this show. Watched Chewing the Fat when I was younger, and randomly found this on BBC iPlayer one day. My boyfriend's brother bought me the boxset for my 29th birthday (incidently the day that my son was born) and I like to get the DVDs out every now and again. Also available on UK Netflix.

About a group of Glaswegian pensioners. Very, very funny, I think.

WeDealInLead
03-24-2016, 08:15 AM
Daredevil season 2. TWD writers should take note on how to write "character development" without boring me to death.

Bernthal is the best Punisher yet.

webstar1000
03-24-2016, 10:33 AM
Daredevil season 2. TWD writers should take note on how to write "character development" without boring me to death.

Bernthal is the best Punisher yet.

He really is the best yet....

Shannon
03-24-2016, 01:04 PM
*taken from another thread that doesn't get as many view as this one*

Is anyone else watching the BBC show Stag? Just got done with the first episode, fantastic. Original take on an old theme, and very interesting. Hope it stays consistent.

*a little bit later*

... Well, Stag ended up being a three episode miniseries. Gave the episodes a five, a four, and another four (out of five). Very enjoyable, great characters, but wish it would have been a little bit longer to flesh them put some more. Very quick, enjoyable show.

Jon
03-24-2016, 07:55 PM
*taken from another thread that doesn't get as many view as this one*

Is anyone else watching the BBC show Stag? Just got done with the first episode, fantastic. Original take on an old theme, and very interesting. Hope it stays consistent.

*a little bit later*

... Well, Stag ended up being a three episode miniseries. Gave the episodes a five, a four, and another four (out of five). Very enjoyable, great characters, but wish it would have been a little bit longer to flesh them put some more. Very quick, enjoyable show.

LOL...I assumed it was a "Furry/plushy" thing.

Lovejoygirl14
03-24-2016, 08:17 PM
just finished IT

mae
04-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Watching Season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Man, can a show be any funnier?

:lol1:

webstar1000
04-18-2016, 03:32 AM
Terriers... wow what a hidden gem!

fernandito
04-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Does anyone here watch Portlandia?

Still Servant
04-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Does anyone here watch Portlandia?

I never got into it. I do enjoy Fred Armisen though.

Russ18
05-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Just started watching Game of Thrones, way behind the times!

zelig
05-18-2016, 08:24 AM
Watching Blacklist after seeing it mentioned in another thread. It's watchable, but I haven't been overly impressed. Currently about halfway through season 2.

Still Servant
05-18-2016, 06:51 PM

Don't go into the Game of Thrones thread until you catch up though. We don't want to ruin it for you.

Heather19
05-19-2016, 05:31 AM

Welcome to the party :D
I just started watching last year, and have since read all the books. You're in for quite a ride, you won't regret it.

Tommy
05-21-2016, 07:05 PM
The episode of 48 Hours that aired tonight entitled Spymasters - CIA in the Crosshairs is one of the most important programs I have ever seen.

Preview: "48 Hours" Presents: The Spymasters - CIA in the Crosshairs (http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/preview-48-hours-presents-the-spymasters-cia-in-the-crosshairs/)

If you missed it, please seek it out however you can.

WeDealInLead
05-24-2016, 06:24 AM
I just finished season 3 of The Americans. I feel like this show is flying under the radar for a lot of people. I don't see much talk about it or know a lot of people who watch it. The ones that do like it a lot though.

The scene with Elizabeth, old lady and the pills was hard to watch. I appreciate that the show doesn't try to portray them as nice people at all.

Bev Vincent
05-24-2016, 06:41 AM
I just finished season 3 of The Americans. I feel like this show is flying under the radar for a lot of people. I don't see much talk about it or know a lot of people who watch it. The ones that do like it a lot though.

The scene with Elizabeth, old lady and the pills was hard to watch. I appreciate that the show doesn't try to portray them as nice people at all.

We're getting close to the end of season 4. They're not nice people, but they aren't heartless, either, as you'll see in S4.

zelig
05-24-2016, 06:43 AM

I enjoyed that show. Watched all three seasons in about a week or two. If I recall there was another season but not available on Netflix so I'm left hanging. It also didn't seem all that believable to me that she wound tell the reverend guy the whole secret. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

WeDealInLead
05-24-2016, 06:47 AM

We're getting close to the end of season 4. They're not nice people, but they aren't heartless, either, as you'll see in S4.

I found all the episodes of season 4 online but will hold off until the DVD's out. It's one of the few shows my wife and I watch together. I did watch S4E1 because I simply couldn't wait.

I get what you mean about them not being heartless. It's that conflict between their mission and their humanity that makes them compelling characters.

Favourite character: Beeman. His tic when someone dumps on him (so, every episode) is great.

Bev Vincent
05-25-2016, 09:30 AM

The Americans will get two more seasons (http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/americans-will-return-for-two-more-seasons.html?mid=facebook_vulture) and finish in 2018. Next season will be 13 episodes and the final season will have 10.

Still Servant
05-25-2016, 05:04 PM

The Americans? Never heard of it.

mae
05-25-2016, 10:29 PM

The Americans will get two more seasons (http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/americans-will-return-for-two-more-seasons.html?mid=facebook_vulture) and finish in 2018. Next season will be 13 episodes and the final season will have 10.

That's really cool. Hopefully that takes us to the old of the Cold War. One of the best shows ever, of the last 16 years for sure.

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 03:42 AM

That's really cool. Hopefully that takes us to the old of the Cold War. One of the best shows ever, of the last 16 years for sure.

Best show of the last 16 years? LOL Pablo.. I KNOW you like TV. This show is ok but so repetitive... got boring and I quit last season. SO MUCH better TV out there... not sad to see it go.

WeDealInLead
05-26-2016, 04:03 AM

Best show of the last 16 years? LOL Pablo.. I KNOW you like TV. This show is ok but so repetitive... got boring and I quit last season. SO MUCH better TV out there... not sad to see it go.

He said one of the best. It's ironic a TWD fan brings up repetition. As for FtWD, I don't hate myself enough to watch that shit.

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 04:04 AM

He said one of the best. It's ironic a TWD fan brings up repetition. As for FtWD, I don't hate myself enough to watch that shit.

Why Ironic? I take it from your comment you like Americans?

WeDealInLead
05-26-2016, 04:50 AM

Because the entire TWD premise is repetition: walking/safety/adversity/walking/safety/adversity ad nauseum.

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 05:59 AM

Because the entire TWD premise is repetition: walking/safety/adversity/walking/safety/adversity ad nauseum.

But there is Walkers... come on! :pullhair:

zelig
05-26-2016, 06:38 AM
Gotta agree about TWD. I stopped watching because it got so boring. Same thing over and over.

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 07:15 AM
Gotta agree about TWD. I stopped watching because it got so boring. Same thing over and over.

You seen Banshee Paul? |That was so good... just finished.

zelig
05-26-2016, 07:18 AM
No haven't watched Banshee. Will make a mental note of it. Just finished watching Season 2 of The Blacklist. Watching Criminal Minds now.

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 07:39 AM
No haven't watched Banshee. Will make a mental note of it. Just finished watching Season 2 of The Blacklist. Watching Criminal Minds now.

I watch both those too:) Banshee might be my all time fav!

WeDealInLead
05-26-2016, 07:56 AM

Not gonna lie, I dug the first two seasons. It was still fresh; all the zombie smashing was cool, and the show took risks and offed characters all the time. The other seasons I hate-watched. I didn't even watch the latest one except the season finale. I thought it was a commercial break when it ended (I tuned in at 10, I didn't know it started early).

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 07:57 AM

Not gonna lie, I dug the first two seasons. It was still fresh; all the zombie smashing was cool, and the show took risks and offed characters all the time. The other seasons I hate-watched. I didn't even watch the latest one except the season finale. I thought it was a commercial break when it ended (I tuned in at 10, I didn't know it started early).

I did like the last season but wished more for the end... 100% agree. Hopefully they get that all fixed and stop playing games with the audience next season!

Heather19
05-26-2016, 08:16 AM
Let's hope. I would really love for them to bring in some new writers. The source material is excellent, and they have some great stuff to work off of, but when it comes to execution, that's where they fail.

Still Servant
05-26-2016, 04:32 PM

I'm with Pablo. It's easily one of the best shows of the decade. The Americans is repetitive but The Walking Dead isn't? I'm not sure if I agree with that.

webstar1000
05-26-2016, 04:38 PM

I'm with Pablo. It's easily one of the best shows of the decade. The Americans is repetitive but The Walking Dead isn't? I'm not sure if I agree with that.

I never said that TWD wasn't repetitive though... Not once. I just think it's a more enjoyable repetitive:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still Servant
05-26-2016, 06:06 PM
Because zombies. We get it.

webstar1000
05-27-2016, 03:26 AM
Because zombies. We get it.

Walkers... not zombies. You obviously didn't get it.. come on man!

mae
08-18-2016, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKc_1gc1pLg

fernandito
08-18-2016, 12:07 PM
I haven't seen a single episode of The Americans but I've always been curious about it. It looks like it has all of the components necessary for some really compelling drama.

I'll try and get it to it... someday.

DoctorZaius
08-18-2016, 12:52 PM
I haven't seen a single episode of The Americans but I've always been curious about it. It looks like it has all of the components necessary for some really compelling drama.

You gotta check The Americans out! I just got my in-laws hooked on it. I am catching up with the most recent season of House of Cards. Only on episode three so far, and it's pretty good.

zelig
08-18-2016, 01:32 PM
I enjoyed The Americans. Thought it was a good show.

Shannon
08-18-2016, 02:05 PM
The Walking Dead is in my Top 15. Nothing beats LOST though. :)

mae
08-18-2016, 02:15 PM

You gotta check The Americans out! I just got my in-laws hooked on it. I am catching up with the most recent season of House of Cards. Only on episode three so far, and it's pretty good.

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for The Americans!

fernandito
08-18-2016, 02:23 PM
I could have sworn I saw one in Fedic Station...

Maybe I'm trippin

webstar1000
08-18-2016, 03:24 PM
Just finished Bloodline on Netflix... Stellar sleeper hit!

Still Servant
08-19-2016, 07:44 PM
As you can see, I love The Americans.

Br!an
08-20-2016, 10:10 AM

I've watched five episodes so far. It's good. Their pasts are coming back to haunt them.

webstar1000
08-22-2016, 05:18 AM

I've watched five episodes so far. It's good. Their pasts are coming back to haunt them.

I liked the 2nd season A LOT more too!

mattgreenbean
08-22-2016, 06:00 AM

I liked the 2nd season A LOT more too!

I binged S1, waiting for my schedule to free up so I can binged S2.

Right now Mr. Robot has my attention. 4 eps in and digging it.

Shannon
08-22-2016, 09:36 AM
Halfway through 11/22/63. Haven't read the book, but enjoying the show so far. The blonde is DEEEEEEEElicious.

Still Servant
08-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Halfway through 11/22/63. Haven't read the book, but enjoying the show so far. The blonde is DEEEEEEEElicious.

The book is fantastic, I'm 3 episodes in and the show is pretty good. I have to get a free trial again for Hulu to finish it though.

Ricky
08-22-2016, 07:06 PM
I just started it tonight. Watched 2 episodes and loving it. Would have watched more but want to make it last. I haven't read the book since it came out, but it seems to be in line with what I remember (with getting rid of some stuff for time) and I'm loving the 60s vibe of the whole thing.

Heather19
08-23-2016, 07:19 AM
I just started it tonight. Watched 2 episodes and loving it. Would have watched more but want to make it last. I haven't read the book since it came out, but it seems to be in line with what I remember (with getting rid of some stuff for time) and I'm loving the 60s vibe of the whole thing.

Just wait, it changes in a bad way.

Brice
08-23-2016, 07:39 AM
you

Dan
08-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Binge watching 11.22.63 on Blu Ray. Next to last episode. Enjoying it so far. A few things from the book I wish they would have incorporated, but some things just had to be left out of course.

DoctorDodge
09-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Finished watching all 14 episodes of The Office again. Still one of my favourite shows. Now re-watching Derek. I love how different it is to The Office, despite being written by Gervais and in a mockumentary style, plus Derek is such a great character. Definitely one of the sweetest comedies to ever use the word "c**t".

Dan
10-02-2016, 09:56 AM
http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-56-single-stephen-king-movies-and-tv-series-adaptat-1783887752

All 56 Stephen King films rated.

webstar1000
10-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Luke Cage

Dan
10-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Watched Cell today. I thought it was okay, but the ending really lacked.

WeDealInLead
10-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Luke Cage

Ditto. I like it so far. Pretty cool they namedropped Denise Lehane (The Wire connection), and Walter Mosley.

kaufen
11-01-2016, 12:48 AM
Haven't seen it yet, but I know of it.

Still Servant
11-02-2016, 02:43 PM
People of Earth on TBS. Not bad. Not bad at all. TBS has a decent stable of comedies now. Angie Tribeca is good, although season 2 wasn't as strong as season 1. Also, Wrecked had its moments.

Jon
11-11-2016, 08:54 AM
I am watching Lucifer. Not the best show but I am into the score.

Sai Sheb
11-12-2016, 12:49 AM
Luther season 2! I watched season one a while back but never got around to season two, so since we are stuck with him as Roland I thought I'd at least try to get to know him on screen a little better...I like it!

webstar1000
11-14-2016, 05:07 AM
PLANET EARTH 2. The first one was just breathtaking in every aspect... the second is well... WATCH IT.

becca69
11-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Just finished AHS 6.

Anyone watching Channel Zero: Candle Cove on Syfy? I thought this show was pretty creepy. It seems it will have a new story line each season in the vein of AHS.

Ricky
11-17-2016, 02:33 PM
It's on my To Watch list but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. And I think it is supposed to be an anthology series.

On a related note, I was underwhelmed by the finale of AHS last night.

becca69
11-17-2016, 02:46 PM
It's on my To Watch list but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. And I think it is supposed to be an anthology series.

On a related note, I was underwhelmed by the finale of AHS last night.

I've seen a lot of negative reviews. Am I the only one who really liked this season?

Ricky
11-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Well, I didn't not like it, but it lacked focus for me. I mean, in the finale alone we had, what? Four different "shows"? I think they thought they were being a little too clever. Plus I had a hard time caring about most of the characters.

Still Servant
11-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Well, I didn't not like it, but it lacked focus for me. I mean, in the finale alone we had, what? Four different "shows"? I think they thought they were being a little too clever. Plus I had a hard time caring about most of the characters.

I haven't seen the finale just yet, but it seemed like a lot of the episodes felt very similar to me. I also didn't really care for any of the characters. I tip my cap for trying something different, but I'm not sure it worked for me as a whole.

Merlin1958
11-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Westworld!!!!!

fernandito
11-18-2016, 07:29 AM
Westworld!!!!!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/U1XhGr8CWqvVC/200_s.gif

Heather19
11-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Just got caught up on this past weeks episode of Westworld. Such a great show.

And I agree about the finale of AHS. That was a bit of a disappointment. I enjoyed the first half of the season but then when it switched gears it kinda fell apart for me.

webstar1000
11-18-2016, 07:55 AM
Westworld!!!!!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/U1XhGr8CWqvVC/200_s.gif

100%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

kaufen
11-20-2016, 03:03 AM
I am really getting into "Skins." I cannot believe it.

DoctorDodge
11-20-2016, 07:08 AM
The British teen drama?

DoctorDodge
12-16-2016, 09:41 PM
WRN: True Detective, season 2 ep 5. Mainly finishing this so I can feel less guilty when I rewatch season 1 very, very shortly. I've gotta admit though, 2 is surprising me. I don't know about anyone else, but the final scene of ep 4 was fucking intense. Not the equivalent of that long shot in season 1, but a great, tense scene in its own right, I thought.

With ep 5, I'm surprised the direction the show took halfway through with the 2 month skip. I know the first season took a time jump or two, but this one seems focused on moving the characters outside of official detective work. Curious to see where this goes.

kaufen
12-17-2016, 04:38 AM
I love Spartacus!

Now watching Once Upon A Time on Netflix and loving it.

zelig
12-17-2016, 06:41 AM
I saw Bev mention Spotless so started watching and I'm enjoying it. Started off a little slow but it has been building and getting much better.

webstar1000
12-17-2016, 06:44 AM
Going to start this mysterious new show that nothin has been released about on Netflix tomorrow. It's called OA. Plan to kill it in a day.... will let you know!

Ricky
12-17-2016, 09:13 AM
I'll be watching that over Christmas break. Really like Brit Marling.

WeDealInLead
12-18-2016, 07:20 AM
OA is next on my list, right after we finish Orphan Black s4.

webstar1000
12-18-2016, 08:39 AM
OA is the most original fun I have had with TV... maybe ever. I can't stop. Make sure you have about 10 hours free... cause you can't stop. It's like a drug... gets into your head and won't let you think of anything else other than finding out what this is about. 10/10. The best show I have seen in a long time... flat out... amazing. Now excuse me while I go back into this world.. thank you Netflix for making this:)

zelig
12-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Sounds like I really need to start on this one.

Still Servant
12-18-2016, 04:19 PM
OA is the most original fun I have had with TV... maybe ever. I can't stop. Make sure you have about 10 hours free... cause you can't stop. It's like a drug... gets into your head and won't let you think of anything else other than finding out what this is about. 10/10. The best show I have seen in a long time... flat out... amazing. Now excuse me while I go back into this world.. thank you Netflix for making this:)

I love you, Web, but have you already forgotten about Westworld? :lol: Is it just the high of a fun new show, or is it possible there can be a show on TV that already surpasses Westworld?

I'm going to need to hear from a few more people on this one.

webstar1000
12-18-2016, 04:27 PM
True. Ending wasn't at good as the start. Just finished it all BUT I will say it's some refreshing show. I couldn't stop watching it. Enjoy:)

zelig
12-18-2016, 05:29 PM
Been watching it all day. Have 2 episodes left. Very engaging and thought provoking.

zelig
12-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Wow, strong ending. Great show. I haven't seen Westworld yet so can't say if I feel this surpasses it, but it's a solid show with some breathtaking scenes.

webstar1000
12-19-2016, 03:55 AM
Wow, strong ending. Great show. I haven't seen Westworld yet so can't say if I feel this surpasses it, but it's a solid show with some breathtaking scenes.

I am still thinking about the ending... and not sure how I feel about it... might do a re-watch of it. I really loved this show. And yes I liked it better than Westworld.

zelig
12-19-2016, 07:13 AM
Since finishing it last night I've thought more about it and I kept coming back to the ending...

and that scene in the cafeteria, and can't help but feel it could have been stronger if done a little differently. I felt the way that shooter was taken down after the whole movement performance was an anti-climax. But still, not enough of an issue for me to ruin anything. It was a great show. And I absolutely loved those movement scenes. The choreography of it all and the whole idea of it.

webstar1000
12-19-2016, 07:23 AM
Since finishing it last night I've thought more about it and I kept coming back to the ending...

and that scene in the cafeteria, and can't help but feel it could have been stronger if done a little differently. I felt the way that shooter was taken down after the whole movement performance was an anti-climax. But still, not enough of an issue for me to ruin anything. It was a great show. And I absolutely loved those movement scenes. The choreography of it all and the whole idea of it.

That was my issue to. That was my issue with the ending... I think if it had been more powerful.. it would have hit home more. I just loved the show. I think that was my only complaint... but you nailed it.

Bev Vincent
12-19-2016, 07:38 AM
I watched the 8-episode Amazon series Goliath, starring Billy Bob Thornton, William Hurt, Maria Bello and many more. It's very Grisham-esque, and Thornton is terrific in it as an alcoholic lawyer who co-founded a huge firm that is now run by Hurt with an iron fist and a touch of insanity. Thornton's latest case has him suing a military contractor represented by his former firm, where his ex-wife still works.

zelig
12-19-2016, 07:39 AM
I watched that about a month ago and really enjoyed it.

Bev Vincent
12-19-2016, 07:42 AM

It's been a long time since something made me audibly gasp, but the end of the second episode did that to me.

zelig
12-19-2016, 07:45 AM

It's been a long time since something made me audibly gasp, but the end of the second episode did that to me.

I can't remember the scene anymore!

Bev Vincent
12-19-2016, 07:58 AM

I can't remember the scene anymore!

Billy Bob Thornton was crossing a street while talking to his client.

zelig
12-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Oh yes!

It was a shocking scene and I was very sad to see Ever Carradine go. I've had a secret crush on her for years.

Still Servant
12-19-2016, 04:35 PM
True. Ending wasn't at good as the start. Just finished it all BUT I will say it's some refreshing show. I couldn't stop watching it. Enjoy:)

I'll get to it eventually, but I have to admit Netflix has done very little to promote the show. At least as far as what I've seen. Also, they couldn't pick a worse name for a show.

zelig
12-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Just finished Spotless. Thanks Bev for mentioning this one. It was great. And a nice, although predicable cliffhanger at the end. Will have to wait for season 2 now.

Bev Vincent
12-19-2016, 06:07 PM
Just finished Spotless. Thanks Bev for mentioning this one. It was great. And a nice, although predicable cliffhanger at the end. Will have to wait for season 2 now.

I really liked the way this one played out.

zelig
12-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Yes, it had a really strong finish. Looking forward to the next season.

webstar1000
12-20-2016, 04:00 AM

Got Goliath.. should I get this too?

Bev Vincent
12-20-2016, 04:23 AM

Got Goliath.. should I get this too?

It has a definite Breaking Bad vibe -- a guy who runs a crime scene cleaning business is forced to work for a crime lord, played by the guy who was Mr. Bates on Downton Abbey. I liked it a lot.

zelig
12-20-2016, 07:48 AM
Yeah Kris. Watch it. It's really good. I enjoyed it.

kaufen
12-26-2016, 03:35 AM
Transformers G1 seasons 3 & 4

Bumblebee is the only G1 autobot to make it through season 1 to 4

kaufen
02-19-2017, 01:46 AM
I just started it tonight. Watched 2 episodes and loving it.

Bev Vincent
03-03-2017, 08:05 AM
I just started a Swedish series on Netflix called Occupied -- it's about Russian forces occupying Norway in the near future to force them to start oil production up again to supply the EU. Based on an idea from Jo Nesbo.

mae
03-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Based on reality, it sounds like :borg:

mattgreenbean
10-02-2017, 06:53 PM
The exorcist show has started season 2, first episode was pretty good. I think this season may be better than the first.

WeDealInLead
11-17-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm watching The goddamn Punisher. That construction site scene in E1 had me pumping my fist.

Welcome back, Frank.

Ricky
11-17-2017, 06:56 PM
I am so behind on TV it's not even funny. I think I've missed about 7 episodes of Gotham, 4 of The Blacklist, haven't even started The Exorcist S2, and only 2 eps. into Stranger Things S2.

webstar1000
11-17-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm watching The goddamn Punisher. That construction site scene in E1 had me pumping my fist.

Welcome back, Frank.

My buddy said best one yet for Netflix. I can’t wait to start.

Still Servant
11-18-2017, 03:06 PM
I am so behind on TV it's not even funny. I think I've missed about 7 episodes of Gotham, 4 of The Blacklist, haven't even started The Exorcist S2, and only 2 eps. into Stranger Things S2.

When I get behind, that's when I'm able to tell who my true friends are. When I say friends, I mean TV shows. The ones I like the least are the ones that end up stacking up multiple episodes.

I'm looking at you Designated Survivor, which dealt with most edge-of-your-seat storyline this year - who broke the White House vase?!?

DoctorDodge
11-19-2017, 05:19 PM
WRN: American Vandal. This Netflix series is absolutely genius. It's not just a great satire of their own documentary shows, it even looks at what happens when these documentaries become popular. It just makes it feel a little more grounded, even while the subject matter is fucking hysterical.

Andi
11-19-2017, 07:27 PM

Welcome back, Frank.

I started watching the Punisher tonight!

3 episodes in so far. Starting out a bit slow, but so far so good.

Construction site scene was *awesome*

zelig
11-19-2017, 07:32 PM
WRN: American Vandal. This Netflix series is absolutely genius. It's not just a great satire of their own documentary shows, it even looks at what happens when these documentaries become popular. It just makes it feel a little more grounded, even while the subject matter is fucking hysterical.

Agreed. This was a brilliant show. Finished it in a couple days.

Still Servant
11-20-2017, 04:52 PM
I just finished Alias Grace. I haven't heard many people talk about this one. I'm assuming it's the period piece aspect that is turning people off. I really enjoyed the show. It's a slow burn for sure, but the story is very layered. You really need to pay attention because you really don't know what is true and what is not. Like Handmaid's Tale, which is based on a book by the same author, Alias Grace deals with a lot of themes about women and how they are treated and perceived, especially by a male dominated society.

Sarah Gadon is the real standout here. She turns in easily one of the best performances of the year.

DoctorDodge
11-20-2017, 09:12 PM

Agreed. This was a brilliant show. Finished it in a couple days.

I finished it really quickly too. Don't often do that, actually, but I was really amazed by how great it was. Not just as a hilarious comedy, but as a show that really sucked you in and even delivered a couple of gut punches. A very well made satire.

Currently, I'm watching the Red Riding trilogy from 2009. A trilogy of TV films based on the quartet of books of the same name (yeah, they skipped the second one entirely), I've been meaning to watch this for a long time. Especially when I started reading the books last year. It's loosely based on real events, particularly when it focuses on the Yorkshire Ripper, but it's more focused on a fictionalised tale of police corruption. Very dark, very gritty and pure noir. Just this weekend, I finally finished reading them, and while they weren't without their faults, overall I really enjoyed them. So I was eager to watch the adaptation.

It's really interesting so far. Like the novels, each of the films has a different lead protagonist and set in a different year. They even allow for a bit of variation in style and look, as each film has a different director. I've watched the first two films, both really great. A pre-Spider-Man Andrew Garfield stars in the first one, and it might be the best performance of him I've seen yet. Something I particularly enjoy about the trilogy is that, while they make a few changes to the novels, they retain a lot of the darkness and grittiness, at least. There's a torture scene in the books that I was shocked to see on-screen.

(Although, I can understand why the trilogy was directly referenced in this SNL sketch. I'm of course ok with the strong Northern accents, but I'm pretty sure almost anyone outside of the UK is fucked without subtitles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPY-sCiRCeA)

webstar1000
11-24-2017, 05:22 PM
The Punisher. Best Marvel show hands down. Yet.

zelig
11-24-2017, 05:39 PM
The Punisher. Best Marvel show hands down. Yet.

Just started watching it a few days ago. Really enjoying it.

Still Servant
11-27-2017, 07:12 PM
I can't remember if I'm the only person here that watches Search Party. Anyway, I enjoyed season 1. I loved how vapid and self involved the characters were. The show really nails millennials and what many people find infuriating about them. Season 2 has really upped the stakes and I'm enjoying it even more.

If Alfred Hitchcock made a TV show about insufferable, self involved millennials, it would be season 2 of Search Party.

Ben Staad
12-25-2017, 04:45 PM
Finished Dark and really enjoyed everything except the season finale. I'm still thinking through a few things but overall think it is a well done program.

fernandito
12-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Binged watched the hell out of Stranger Things over the weekend. Really, really enjoyable show, if a little too derivative at times. (Seriously, SK must be doubly flattered at all the references to his works)

Should be finished with it by week's end, looking to jump to Ozark.

Still Servant
01-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Binged watched the hell out of Stranger Things over the weekend. Really, really enjoyable show, if a little too derivative at times. (Seriously, SK must be doubly flattered at all the references to his works)

Should be finished with it by week's end, looking to jump to Ozark.

I loved Ozark. I tell everyone I know about that one.