PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching right now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

DoctorDodge
10-15-2013, 02:12 PM
WRN: Season 28, ep 7, the Idiot's Lantern.

716 eps down, 82 eps to go.

pathoftheturtle
10-16-2013, 07:37 AM

716 eps down, 82 eps to go.Well, like many DW plots, that one is more for kids than intellectuals, but when he gets up on that tower and chews the scenery, it is exciting. Fun times were really budding around then.

Jean
10-16-2013, 08:11 AM
I have a feeling that I am now watching a film Mattrick told me not to

fearless-freak
10-16-2013, 08:16 AM
3x3 Eyes

DoctorDodge
10-16-2013, 01:16 PM

716 eps down, 82 eps to go.Well, like many DW plots, that one is more for kids than intellectuals, but when he gets up on that tower and chews the scenery, it is exciting. Fun times were really budding around then.

Series 2 might seriously be my least favourite of the new series. There's a couple of great stories, like Girl in the Fireplace and Impossible Planet, but not as many great STAND OUT eps, like Dalek, Father's Day, The Empty Child, or Human Nature and Blink. Also: Fear Her. One of the weakest eps of the new series, which is shocking, considering one of the writers of my other favourite show wrote it. Best RTD series were 1 and 3, imo.

fearless-freak
10-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Big Trouble in Little China

pathoftheturtle
10-16-2013, 03:29 PM

Series 2 might seriously be my least favourite of the new series. There's a couple of great stories, like Girl in the Fireplace and Impossible Planet, but not as many great STAND OUT eps, like Dalek, Father's Day, The Empty Child, or Human Nature and Blink. Also: Fear Her. One of the weakest eps of the new series, which is shocking, considering one of the writers of my other favourite show wrote it. Best RTD series were 1 and 3, imo.Ah, I think we're saying the same thing. But I look at it as all one. My point, too, was just that it still wasn't very smooth, but laying groundwork anyway for great shows later.

DoctorDodge
10-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Pissed about Sherlock? Why?!

Well, admittedly I hate those "everyone turns against the protagonist" stories because I get too emotionally involved and frustrated. :lol: I also don't like the "everyone thinks I'm dead but I'm not!" stories because they're 1. unrealistic, and 2. overly dramatic. So, two plot points I'm not a fan of in the same episode. I also really thought Moriarty would stick around, or at least have a more spectacular ending. And hey, maybe I am slightly frustrated that I can't figure out how he lived, but the fall wasn't shown in a continuous shot, so I at least have some theories. Overall, it just rubbed me the wrong way a little.

I still like the show overall, and I'll probably watch the new season.

Regarding your 2 points: those are actually reasons why I freakin' love The Reichenbach Fall! :lol: To elaborate further:

In this case, it was pretty damn fitting for someone who was as much of an arrogant wanker as Holmes was in this modern version at times. In fact, the whole series had a nice "rise and fall" theme to it, as Holmes's inevitably became famous in the newspapers (which I doubly appreciated in that even the original stories reflected Holmes's growing fame to an extent, though not quite as much as the series did).

As for your 2nd point: something to keep in mind is that (with the exception of Jesus) Holmes was one of the first people to kick off that kind of storyline, ever since original story "The Final Problem". Hell, Holmes faking his death in a battle to the death with Moriarty is something that most fans practically look forward to! :lol: It might not be realistic, especially in this day and age, but the way it was handled at least was brilliant. I loved the psychological edge Moriarty had over Holmes in this one, right up to his death. "So long as I'm alive, your friends are safe, you've got a way out. Well, good luck with that!" So I really appreciated that it stuck to that core story in some ways while giving it a brilliant new twist. :)

Jean
10-18-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't know the show you're talking about, but I totally agree with the essence of what DD said in the spoiler

fearless-freak
10-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D episode 3

DoctorDodge
10-18-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't know the show you're talking about, but I totally agree with the essence of what DD said in the spoiler

BBC's Sherlock, bears, a modern day take on Sherlock Holmes that (imho) rather shockingly isn't shit, but brilliant. I'll be interested in your thoughts on it. (Nice that you can agree with me even without knowing the context of what I refer to, btw. Maybe I should've gone into politics. :lol:)

DoctorZaius
10-18-2013, 02:58 PM
When my daughter and her friend go to sleep I will be watching Silver Linings Playbook followed by Grave Encounters.

DoctorZaius
10-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Sons of Anarchy!!!!

We just finished the most current episode. Holy. Shit.

I howled when Walter Goggins made another appearance. I love Goggins from The Shield and from Justified, two of my favorite shows.

Ka-mai
10-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Pissed about Sherlock? Why?!

Well, admittedly I hate those "everyone turns against the protagonist" stories because I get too emotionally involved and frustrated. :lol: I also don't like the "everyone thinks I'm dead but I'm not!" stories because they're 1. unrealistic, and 2. overly dramatic. So, two plot points I'm not a fan of in the same episode. I also really thought Moriarty would stick around, or at least have a more spectacular ending. And hey, maybe I am slightly frustrated that I can't figure out how he lived, but the fall wasn't shown in a continuous shot, so I at least have some theories. Overall, it just rubbed me the wrong way a little.

I still like the show overall, and I'll probably watch the new season.

Regarding your 2 points: those are actually reasons why I freakin' love The Reichenbach Fall! :lol: To elaborate further:

In this case, it was pretty damn fitting for someone who was as much of an arrogant wanker as Holmes was in this modern version at times. In fact, the whole series had a nice "rise and fall" theme to it, as Holmes's inevitably became famous in the newspapers (which I doubly appreciated in that even the original stories reflected Holmes's growing fame to an extent, though not quite as much as the series did).

As for your 2nd point: something to keep in mind is that (with the exception of Jesus) Holmes was one of the first people to kick off that kind of storyline, ever since original story "The Final Problem". Hell, Holmes faking his death in a battle to the death with Moriarty is something that most fans practically look forward to! :lol: It might not be realistic, especially in this day and age, but the way it was handled at least was brilliant. I loved the psychological edge Moriarty had over Holmes in this one, right up to his death. "So long as I'm alive, your friends are safe, you've got a way out. Well, good luck with that!" So I really appreciated that it stuck to that core story in some ways while giving it a brilliant new twist. :)

Yes, but wasn't the original story supposed to be Holmes actually dying? I thought Doyle only brought him back because of the public uproar, which would mean (if I'm correct, and I may not be, I never read them) that that particular story wasn't exactly a faked death, but a real death that was glossed over later. Anyway, it wasn't a bad episode. I liked how he went to Molly and told her he cared about her. Poor Molly. That Christmas scene killed me. >< I'm looking forward to seeing how he pulled it off - I know there are fan theories out there which I'm sure I'll read, but I like to see the canon.

I don't know if that really needed spoilers or not, but I'd rather be careful. :)

fearless-freak
10-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Monkey Bone

Jean
10-19-2013, 06:30 AM
re-watching Educating Rita. Love that film.

Darkthoughts
10-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Watching season 4 of Community. I wasn't going to, but now that Harmon's coming back for season 5 I'm doing so for the sake of continuity. I think I enjoy the familiarity, but without Harmon it lacks that sparkle of genius and becomes formulaic.

fearless-freak
10-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Stitches

DoctorDodge
10-25-2013, 02:08 PM

Been a while since I last re-watched that. I remember, about over ten years back, when mum would just re-watch that film over and over again. Think I need to re-watch it again soon.

WRN: The Sarah Jane Adventures. The only Doctor Who related show I haven't watched every episode of. So glad I've got so many episodes of one of my favourite characters from Who to watch. :) Definitely aimed at a younger audience than Who with its stories, but the drama and the characters are great.

fearless-freak
10-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Dragonball Z Movies 1-6

Jean
10-26-2013, 05:50 AM

Been a while since I last re-watched that. I remember, about over ten years back, when mum would just re-watch that film over and over again. Think I need to re-watch it again soon.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif.html)http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif.html)

fearless-freak
10-26-2013, 06:30 AM
Halloween II

Jimimck
10-26-2013, 10:13 AM
The original? I do like Rob Zombies remakes, but reckon Halloween is for the originals.

fearless-freak
10-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Mythbusters season 6

fernandito
10-29-2013, 12:09 PM
I finished season 1 of both The Sopranos and The Wire.

Both were fucking amazing.

Merlin1958
10-30-2013, 08:33 PM
I finished season 1 of both The Sopranos and The Wire.

Both were fucking amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrBy3qAuYI

fearless-freak
11-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Heavy Metal 2000

Yaksha
11-04-2013, 02:06 PM
All of Chuck on Netflix? Oh fuck the hell yes

DoctorDodge
11-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Not on Netflix UK, sadly. :( On November 24, remind me to be extremely fucking envious of you!

Right now, continuing my ongoing Who marathon. Starting season 3 of the Sarah Jane Adventures. It's definitely lighter than Doctor Who, being aimed more at kids, but not as light as I was expecting. The Trickster episodes especially are great stuff.

Yaksha
11-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Well, I shall remind you then. Wait, why are you envious?

DoctorDodge
11-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I've seen at least half the first season and really enjoyed what I've seen. I've got Netflix, but Chuck isn't on Netflix UK, so I don't have the option of watching it instantly. I'm just envious of the fact you've got the whole of it on Netflix US.

webstar1000
11-04-2013, 04:38 PM
The Walking Dead:) best show since Lost!!!

Yaksha
11-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Ah, good point my friend. That does suck not being able to watch such a great show

fearless-freak
11-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Mythbusters season 7

Jean
11-06-2013, 08:03 AM
watching: We Are What We Are, a 2013 horror

40 minutes in, and they all keep talking in a fucking half-whisper!!! It's not like they have to whisper, it's obviously to make them sound more "natural". FUCK! Nothing can be more frustrating than this when you're watching a film in a foreign language.

fearless-freak
11-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Robocop: The Director's Cut

DoctorDodge
11-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Robocop: The Director's Cut

Fuck yeah! :thumbsup:

Jean
11-06-2013, 11:49 AM

40 minutes in, and they all keep talking in a fucking half-whisper!!! It's not like they have to whisper, it's obviously to make them sound more "natural". FUCK! Nothing can be more frustrating than this when you're watching a film in a foreign language.
LOL, the rarest thing happened: I agreed with someone on imdb, I quote:

This film is almost unwatchable without subtitles. The actors speak as quietly and incomprehensibly as possible. I thought actors' objective was to speak clearly...Apparently not...

DoctorDodge
11-06-2013, 12:06 PM
You know, I'm beginning to understand why you love LoM as much as I do more and more, Jean. Ok, so you may need subtitles to cope with the VERY strong Northern accents from time to time, but at least you always get plenty of good volume. Especially from the Manc Lion Gene Hunt himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5XnpK5Hzo0

Jean
11-06-2013, 12:07 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif.html)

WeDealInLead
11-06-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm watching Archer on Netflix, over and over again. It's a cartoon (or I guess an animated show makes it seem more mature) but it is most definitely not for kids.

DoctorDodge
11-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I've seen bits of that. Looks great. Definitely will need to watch more of it once November is over and done with. :)

DoctorDodge
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
WRN: The Waters of Mars, one of Tennant's last episodes as the Doctor and definitely one of his best. Why I love this show: only in Doctor Who could fucking water be so fucking creepy! :lol:

Ricky
11-06-2013, 05:15 PM

Is that the one with the family of cannibals or something? I saw the trailer awhile back and it looked really bizarre.

Jean
11-07-2013, 01:00 AM
yes, it is

no, it's not bizarre, it's boring like hell. They wanted to do something big and beautiful and full of meaning, and ended up with something small, drab and pointless. Managed to dupe Rotten Tomatoes, though, where it stands at an incredible 85%

fearless-freak
11-07-2013, 02:14 AM
Robocop 2

Fall of Gilead
11-07-2013, 05:57 AM
WRN: The Waters of Mars, one of Tennant's last episodes as the Doctor and definitely one of his best. Why I love this show: only in Doctor Who could fucking water be so fucking creepy! :lol:

One of Tennant's standout eps there. And I agree, creepy as hell!

I have seen Lost in its entirety, but never owned any of it until recently when I picked up season one and two for cheap at a local used DVD/Blu-ray store here. Finished season 1 and watching the special features disc; showing the casting and auditions.

fearless-freak
11-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Robocop 3

DoctorDodge
11-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Just finished Tennant's era, now moved onto Matt Smith's run in season 31 of Doctor Who. :D Still not too keen of the Tenth Doctor's portrayal in The End of Time, but Smith's introductory ep The Eleventh Hour (you see what they did there? ;)) more than makes up for that. Still amazes me just how much he instantly "gets" the role. And I always love seeing the Doctor getting used to a brand new body. :D

Fall of Gilead
11-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Fishfingers and custard!

DoctorDodge
11-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Such a great moment, FoG. :D Made me a fan of Smith's Doctor there and then. When he goes, I'm really gonna miss him, despite being such a massive fan of Capaldi and his work in shows like The Thick of It already.

fearless-freak
11-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Frankenstein's Army

Girlystevedave
11-08-2013, 05:43 AM
Last night I discovered that X Files is one Netflix.
Guys, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. :lol:

DoctorDodge
11-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Still need to finish watching that, only up to the 3rd season. Watched the opening ep of that, but that was way back in 2010! :lol: Something else that's on my "to watch" list once November's finished. (And don't worry Ricky/Melike: Fringe is also definitely on there! :D )

fernandito
11-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Vince Gilligan won my heart with Breaking Bad so I'll probably be making the jump to X Files soon.

Girlystevedave
11-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Well, hell. I guess this is a push for me to check out Breaking Bad soon. I had no idea he was linked to both shows. :orely:

fernandito
11-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Yup, both of those shows are byproducts of his marvelous imagination. I can't believe I haven't harped on you for not watching BB yet.

I'm slipping.

Girlystevedave
11-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure you gave up on me watching stuff a long time ago. :lol:

Fall of Gilead
11-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Such a great moment, FoG. :D Made me a fan of Smith's Doctor there and then. When he goes, I'm really gonna miss him, despite being such a massive fan of Capaldi and his work in shows like The Thick of It already.

Agree, I'll miss Matt but hope there's a magnificent regeneration, and excited for Capaldi to take over.

fearless-freak
11-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Tekken: Blood Vengeance

DoctorDodge
11-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Re-watching Torchwood: Miracle Day. A little more enjoyable than it was the first time - watching one episode after another as opposed to waiting a week in between each episode makes for a little more satisfying experience - but I still think that, like the excellent Children of Earth series, it could've been told in 5 eps instead of 10.

fearless-freak
11-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Razor Blade Smile

DoctorDodge
11-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Razor Blade Smile

Is that the low-budget British vampire film? What's that like?

fearless-freak
11-12-2013, 10:57 AM
if you mean this one then yes, it predates the Underworld films, your opinion if you watch it may be different to mine but when a lot of people saw this after Underworld they called it a rip off

http://frightenbrighton.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/razor-blade-smile-poster.jpg

The Alamo (1960)

DoctorDodge
11-12-2013, 11:00 AM
"Masses of sex, nudity and violence"? Sounds like my kind of film! :lol: I'll check it out sometime.

pathoftheturtle
11-12-2013, 11:46 AM
"Masses of sex, nudity and violence"? Sounds like my kind of film! :lol: I'll check it out sometime.:lol:

It might have been P. T. Barnum who first said "no such thing as bad publicity."

DoctorDodge
11-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Well I do remember hearing about it several times. Even seen a trailer for it. Looks cheap as fuck, even by British standards, but it does seem to have some bizarre kind of appeal. Once saw the lead actress appear in Snuff Box, one of the greatest pieces of surreal genius of the past ten years, so there's that.

fearless-freak
11-12-2013, 11:59 AM
there's one thing you gotta remember, this film was made in the middle of the nineties

DoctorDodge
11-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Well, that's fair. Don't get me wrong, I've seen quite a few low-budget British horrors in my time, particularly the excessive ones (Cradle of Fear was especially extra-"WTF?!", not sure I can watch that one again), so like I said, for me, for me, it's definitely got its appeal, even (or perhaps especially, I am a Doctor Who fan, after all) its dated low budget look.

fearless-freak
11-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Frankenstein's Army

DoctorDodge
11-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Finished re-watching Torchwood: Miracle Day (not so bad, the 2nd time), now back to season 32 of Who. Let's Kill Hitler. Gotta admit: it's a bit rompy at times, but I love it. So many great lines:

"Shut up, Hitler!"
"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."
"I'm trapped inside a giant replica of my wife...I'm really trying hard not to look for a metaphor here."
"You're dying...and you stopped to change???"

And for that golden line where you think, "Oh, NOW I get it! Why didn't I get it sooner?":
"Oh, that's MAGNIFICENT! I'm going to wear LOTS of jumpers!"

:rofl:

(Also: only in Doctor Who could the sentence "Fish fingers and custard" be absolutely moving and beautiful. :)

Fall of Gilead
11-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Let's Kill Hitler is great! The Doctor being silly during filmed historical moments is priceless!

DoctorDodge
11-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Just finished the final series of the Sarah Jane Adventures. I've been putting this off for a long while, as finishing the final episode meant no more "new" (to me, anyway) stories of the character to watch. I enjoyed the series even more than I thought I would. Now watching special feature "Remembering Elisabeth Sladen". Two years on since her departure, and it's still heartbreaking to think about it. :(

fearless-freak
11-14-2013, 02:07 AM
Azumi

DoctorDodge
11-20-2013, 10:29 AM
WRN (and I expect bears will be very happy about this): The Ninth Gate.

fearless-freak
11-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Still Servant
11-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Generation Kill. Not sure how I missed this the first time. It's right up my alley. Very good show. Really captures the recent war in Iraq.

fearless-freak
11-28-2013, 02:12 AM
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey extended edition Appendices 7

Tommy
11-28-2013, 03:52 AM
The Beast of Yucca Flats

DoctorZaius
11-28-2013, 08:56 AM
I am watching the Macy's day parade with my daughters and loving it. Later, it will be three bouts of NFL football. Happy Thanksgiving!

fearless-freak
11-28-2013, 08:57 AM
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey extended edition Appendices 8

pathoftheturtle
12-01-2013, 09:15 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/Posters/WD_zps293f4638.png (http://s148.photobucket.com/user/POTT2007/media/Posters/WD_zps293f4638.png.html)

Jean
12-01-2013, 10:59 AM
everyone keeps rubbing it in

I still haven't found a version without translation

DoctorDodge
12-01-2013, 12:15 PM
everyone keeps rubbing it in

I still haven't found a version without translation

Hey, I'm just happy you're interested, bears. :D

Jean
12-01-2013, 12:43 PM
bears are beginning to feel an insufferable craving

DoctorDodge
12-01-2013, 02:30 PM
:lol: Let me guess, it's down to two things: one, the idea of someone as awesome as McGann playing the Doctor, (even for a criminally short time on screen,) and two, me generally wearing you down over the past few years.

DoctorDodge
12-02-2013, 12:06 PM
And just to rub it in, watching right now:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1464652_10202519039877906_3511409_n.jpg

And to rub it in even further:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1466181_10202519045998059_449241960_n.jpg

6 minutes of Paul McGann. Worth every penny for that much alone! :lol:

Jean
12-02-2013, 12:08 PM
shit!! find me where I can download it instead of teasing bears!!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/furry/PokeBear4.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/furry/PokeBear4.gif.html)

DoctorDodge
12-02-2013, 12:12 PM
If you can watch youtube, you can watch the short ep Night of the Doctor legally and for free (link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo). Can't promise you'd be able to understand it though, with only a little background knowledge of the show. On the other hand: PAUL MCGANN!!!! As for where to download any other eps: ask Brice, he seems to know where the best sites are to watch and download other eps. I can also send you some of my audio episodes of McGann just being fucking awesome from his fucking voice alone.

fearless-freak
12-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Sharpe's Rifles

Jean
12-02-2013, 12:40 PM
If you can watch youtube, you can watch the short ep Night of the Doctor legally and for free (link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo). Can't promise you'd be able to understand it though, with only a little background knowledge of the show. On the other hand: PAUL MCGANN!!!! As for where to download any other eps: ask Brice, he seems to know where the best sites are to watch and download other eps. I can also send you some of my audio episodes of McGann just being fucking awesome from his fucking voice alone.Hmmm. Bears want to download the whole thing and watch it comfortably in chronological order.

DoctorDodge
12-02-2013, 12:51 PM
If you can watch youtube, you can watch the short ep Night of the Doctor legally and for free (link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo). Can't promise you'd be able to understand it though, with only a little background knowledge of the show. On the other hand: PAUL MCGANN!!!! As for where to download any other eps: ask Brice, he seems to know where the best sites are to watch and download other eps. I can also send you some of my audio episodes of McGann just being fucking awesome from his fucking voice alone.Hmmm. Bears want to download the whole thing and watch it comfortably in chronological order.

What, all 800 episodes? :lol: I only just finished doing that myself, and it's taken me 3 fucking years to do it!

Jean
12-02-2013, 01:08 PM
I hope when I've found the source, you can guide me through it

DoctorDodge
12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
It would be my honour, bears. :)

Fall of Gilead
12-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Wait, are you saying there is no Doctor Who with Russian dubs?? :frown:

That is total holiness that Night of the Doctor is included on the DVD there.

DoctorDodge
12-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Absolutely, FoG. I especially love that they liked to draw attention to McGann's return with a sticker on the front. :) If ever I watch the entire series again, I'll definitely include Night of the Doctor between the TV movie and the start of the revival, where it belongs.

Jean
12-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Wait, are you saying there is no Doctor Who with Russian dubs?? :frown:

No, I am saying there is no Doctor Who without. At the place where I always take the films they have at least 3 options for downloading DW in different formats - but none of them has the original soundtrack or an option to switch off the Russian soundtrack.

stroppygoblin
12-03-2013, 06:58 AM

You have PM...

Jean
12-03-2013, 07:06 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/poohbear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/poohbear.gif.html)

DoctorDodge
12-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Thank you, stroppygoblin! I wish I could've assisted bears on this occasion, but my usual solution to watch Who really is just to dig it out of my DVD collection.

Oh, and bears: since you are about to undertake a new journey of epic proportions, I think it's time for me to do the same. Is your "Favourite 50 films" (or something like that) currently up to date?

pathoftheturtle
12-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Better than I expected!
Think I'll just post it again ...
Hey, why not?

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/Posters/WD_zps293f4638.png (http://s148.photobucket.com/user/POTT2007/media/Posters/WD_zps293f4638.png.html)

Jean
12-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Oh, and bears: since you are about to undertake a new journey of epic proportions, I think it's time for me to do the same. Is your "Favourite 50 films" (or something like that) currently up to date?No, it isn't! Very, very far from it. I got to attend to it some time soon.

Unfortunately, I am going to try watching DH (with a little help from my goblin friend) only after the New Year: bears are ridiculously busy now. But then!... Oh, then!...

DoctorDodge
12-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Oh, and bears: since you are about to undertake a new journey of epic proportions, I think it's time for me to do the same. Is your "Favourite 50 films" (or something like that) currently up to date?No, it isn't! Very, very far from it. I got to attend to it some time soon.

Unfortunately, I am going to try watching DH (with a little help from my goblin friend) only after the New Year: bears are ridiculously busy now. But then!... Oh, then!...

I look forward to it, bears. In the meantime, I'll have a look at your most recent list and start making my way through it, in no particular order other than which ones I can watch soonest.

Jean
12-03-2013, 07:57 AM
James, it was made five years ago!! in the pre-historic times!

I would have amended it long ago, only I don't know what to do with the 19 Polanski films. Maybe I'll just have to leave him out of competition.

pathoftheturtle
12-03-2013, 09:07 AM

http://www.mcmbuzz.com/wp-content/themes/fashionpro/includes/timthumb.php?src=http://www.mcmbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Doctor-Who-The-Time-of-the-Doctor-Crop.jpg&h=250&w=615&zc=1

You'll have ages before next Doctor. Two real seasons -- and a half!

Fall of Gilead
12-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Absolutely, FoG. I especially love that they liked to draw attention to McGann's return with a sticker on the front. :) If ever I watch the entire series again, I'll definitely include Night of the Doctor between the TV movie and the start of the revival, where it belongs.

That definitely sounds like the total fannish thing I would do as well.

Bears is about to get the Doctor obsession!! Stroppy I applaud your efforts!

DoctorDodge
12-04-2013, 03:40 AM
Me too, stroppy! At last bears can try it in full. I'm looking forward to finding out just what he makes of it.

And I've just realised: exactly 3 weeks already until Matt's final episode. On the one hand, I'm hugely excited for Peter Capaldi, one of my favourite actors right now, to be taking over the role. On the other hand, Matt Smith has been an excellent Doctor, dare I say it one of my favourites. I'll be sad to see him leave the role. :(

stroppygoblin
12-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Ok, so we are suggesting that bears watches in the following order:

1. TV Movie
2. Night of the Doctor (short)
3. Dr Who (2005) Season 01 - 07

What about the specials? I have most but not all. I would need some assistance in getting the timelines right for putting specials in the correct order. Also what about the 'extra' specials (Children in Need nights, etc) ? If someone would like to list a chronology I can ensure they are made available to bears ...

Jean
12-04-2013, 04:06 AM
bears are happy that doctors and goblins and bats are trying so hard to make it easier for their ursine friend!

(goblin, don't let them mislead you into thinking "bears" is a singular noun. We are legion. They only do it to conceal the fact that they are legion too.)

DoctorDodge
12-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Ah, now I'm curious as to whether bears would like to start from the beginning of the original series (that ran from 1963 to 1989) and commence onto the revival that started 16 years later in 2005, or simply jump into the revival from the 2005 series onwards. The latter is designed as a fresh jumping on point anyway, and of course would take less time to watch and catch up. It's up to bears though which they would prefer. If they are interested in classic episodes, I think I know of one or two ways of finding them online.

stroppygoblin
12-04-2013, 04:25 AM
The problem with the classics is you cannot hope to completely watch them all. As I am sure most fans know but bears may not, a lot of the original recordings have been lost. Some have been resurrected by fans and others reborn as animated episodes based on sound recordings, but its not the consistent flow that 2005 onwards gives.

I have a lot of fond memories of the original series (Jon Pertwee will always be 'my' Doctor) however having gone back and watched a lot of 'classic' episodes, I fear "the world has moved on" and they are less enjoyable than I remember as a child.

DoctorDodge
12-04-2013, 04:37 AM
Fair point with the lost episodes, although the narrated surviving soundtracks I could send to bears if he were interested. As for the quality of the classic episodes, having finished the entire series recently...I'll be honest, yes, it is very dated overall, especially the earliest episodes, but there's still plenty to enjoy, perhaps moreso for bears than for many others (it can be very hard to predict their tastes, sometimes, but I still suspect bears may enjoy more stories from the classic than the new series). Seasons 12, 13 and 14 are still 3 of my favourite seasons in the history of the show.

stroppygoblin
12-04-2013, 04:50 AM
Fair point with the lost episodes, although the narrated surviving soundtracks I could send to bears if he were interested. As for the quality of the classic episodes, having finished the entire series recently...I'll be honest, yes, it is very dated overall, especially the earliest episodes, but there's still plenty to enjoy, perhaps moreso for bears than for many others (it can be very hard to predict their tastes, sometimes, but I still suspect bears may enjoy more stories from the classic than the new series). Seasons 12, 13 and 14 are still 3 of my favourite seasons in the history of the show.

Ah a Tom Baker fan... I have soft spot for TB as well... I think it has a lot to do with when your age at the time as to which seasons become favourites.

Terry Nation's writing has always produced some of the best episodes throughout all of the seasons IMHO

DoctorDodge
12-04-2013, 05:00 AM

Ah a Tom Baker fan... I have soft spot for TB as well... I think it has a lot to do with when your age at the time as to which seasons become favourites.

The funny thing is, like you, I saw Pertwee first and quickly became a massive fan of his Doctor. With Tom Baker's first 3 seasons, it's less to do with him - brilliant, though he is - and more to do with the writing and production, giving us as much full-on horror as was acceptable for family viewing. The Ark In Space is especially memorable - as an 8 year old, I got my first taste of 'body horror' stories from that one! :) After those 3 seasons, Tom Baker's still ok, but I'm not keen on the overall seasons until Baker's last. It got a little too silly for me at times, quite honestly.

Terry Nation's writing has always produced some of the best episodes throughout all of the seasons IMHO

Absolutely: The Daleks, The Dalek Invasion of Earth, Genesis of the Daleks - these are all great reminders of just why the pepperpots have become so iconic in this nation. :)

Fall of Gilead
12-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Found a list of all DW, SJA and Torchwood put in order, including any mini eps, however the two mini eps in support of Day of the Doctor seem to not be included.

http://whyruntothetardis.blogspot.com/p/whoniverse-chronological-order.html

stroppygoblin
12-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Found a list of all DW, SJA and Torchwood put in order, including any mini eps, however the two mini eps in support of Day of the Doctor seem to not be included.

http://whyruntothetardis.blogspot.com/p/whoniverse-chronological-order.html

Thats cool - I am only missing a few of the mini episodes - will start tracking them down ready for bears.
(I don't have any of the SJA or Torchwood currently)

Jean
12-04-2013, 08:18 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/cheerful.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/cheerful.gif.html)

DoctorDodge
12-04-2013, 12:38 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/cheerful.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/cheerful.gif.html)

It does make me happy to see bears getting so enthusiastic about it. Fingers crossed that, after all this build up, you won't find it shit! :D

WRN: Carrie (original). First time watching this in full.

fearless-freak
12-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Babylon 5 season 1

Heather19
12-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I've been wanting to go and watch some of the classic Dr. Who series. Maybe once I can free up some time I'll watch a few.

Hope you enjoy the series Jean! I would highly recommend adding in Torchwood as you watch Dr. Who. That's what I did, and there is some cross over. Plus there's the amazing Captain Jack. One of my all-time favorite characters.

DoctorZaius
12-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Vince Gilligan won my heart with Breaking Bad so I'll probably be making the jump to X Files soon.

Oh man, you're gonna love it. I am so jealous when someone gets to gorge on one of my favorites. Wish I could go back for the ride again. X-Files rule! And Breaking Bad, won my heart, and ripped it out when it ended.

Jean
12-05-2013, 12:38 AM
I've been wanting to go and watch some of the classic Dr. Who series. Maybe once I can free up some time I'll watch a few.

Hope you enjoy the series Jean! I would highly recommend adding in Torchwood as you watch Dr. Who. That's what I did, and there is some cross over. Plus there's the amazing Captain Jack. One of my all-time favorite characters.
entities are multiplied... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gif.html)

DoctorDodge
12-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Bears, let's not worry about any of that just yet. Let's first decide where you're gonna start from first and then work from there. If you do want to start from the very beginning, Brice should be able to help you out, and I know dailymotion.com has a lot of the classic episodes.

Jean
12-05-2013, 03:11 AM
: nods :

I can't even think of this now. Too much to do Xmas. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif.html)

DoctorDodge
12-05-2013, 03:36 AM
Like the annual viewing of It's A Wonderful Life?

stroppygoblin
12-05-2013, 03:39 AM

entities are multiplied... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gif (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/mishemplushem/media/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gif.html)

Torchwood (all Seasons 1 - 4) and Sarah Jane Adventures (all Seasons 1 - 5) have been added for bears should they wish to include in their viewing pleasure.

Jean
12-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Like the annual viewing of It's A Wonderful Life?
yes, this, too!

Torchwood (all Seasons 1 - 4) and Sarah Jane Adventures (all Seasons 1 - 5) have been added for bears should they wish to include in their viewing pleasure.

bears are getting ready for a feast!

pathoftheturtle
12-05-2013, 05:30 AM
Could you send me the Sarah Jane Adventures, too, please? I missed those.

stroppygoblin
12-05-2013, 05:57 AM

I'm not actually sending anything. bears have been given access to my media server and will stream direct. I can point you in the direction of where you could get them from though

pathoftheturtle
12-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Thanks. Received. :smile:

DoctorDodge
12-05-2013, 06:58 AM

I only watched the whole series for the first time this year, and I've gotta say, I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed them. Yes, at times, the plot's get VERY "childrens-y", but there are times when it was surprisingly dark, especially one that involved a clown that kidnapped children. I really enjoyed it, overall, and I was kind of disappointed that I didn't watch more of it sooner...but at the time, also glad that I had so many Elisabeth Sladen episodes left to watch. Sadly, not anymore. :(

Jean
12-05-2013, 12:27 PM
bears are getting more and more interested...

Bev Vincent
12-05-2013, 12:33 PM
"The Returned" on Sundance -- an awesomely creepy French series.

DoctorZaius
12-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Time to sit down and watch the live broadcast of The Sound of Music with my daughters - the things I do for my children! See you in three hours!

Jean
12-06-2013, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't mind re-watching The Sound of Music myself.

Mattrick
12-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Bears need to watch In Treatment and Mad Men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOQfBdCT-AI

Jean
12-06-2013, 03:05 AM
: bangs head against wall :

now, where is that time-suspending machine???!!!!

pathoftheturtle
12-07-2013, 02:37 AM

I only watched the whole series for the first time this year, and I've gotta say, I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed them. Yes, at times, the plot's get VERY "childrens-y", but there are times when it was surprisingly dark, especially one that involved a clown that kidnapped children. I really enjoyed it, overall, and I was kind of disappointed that I didn't watch more of it sooner...but at the time, also glad that I had so many Elisabeth Sladen episodes left to watch. Sadly, not anymore. :(
Thanks.
That is about what I had gathered; they're just harder to find in the U.S.

And on the :( -- same here.

DoctorDodge
12-07-2013, 11:44 AM

Thanks.
That is about what I had gathered; they're just harder to find in the U.S.

And on the :( -- same here.

Yeah, I'm not surprised, actually. Even over here, we had to wait a full year before a season was released on DVD, and by then, the next season had already started. Hopefully you can track it down.

Watching Right Now: not just one of my favourite zombie films but also one of my favourite British films too: Shaun of the Dead on blu-ray, with pizza. Bliss. :)

fearless-freak
12-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Babylon 5 season 2

pathoftheturtle
12-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Hopefully you can track it down. I can't complain. When I was young, the thing to do in America if you wanted to watch Doctor Who was to go out and try to find a science fiction fanatic collecting VHS recordings. If you could, they'd gladly show all they had to anyone with any interest. Later, early internet usegroups let you introduce yourself more easily, but you still had to walk it to the VCR. If you saw people posting about a club in a different state, all that did was make you jealous. As long as I live, I'm sure I will never get over streaming video.

DoctorDodge
12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
There's an interesting special feature on the Tom Baker serial Revenge of the Cybermen DVD about how fans back in the early 80s would do everything to track down pirate copies of stories that people had recorded off the telly. It was a great special feature that gave a clear idea of how near impossible it was to watch stories from previous Doctors back then (repeats were very rare even in the UK, and all most fans knew of Doctors like Hartnell and Troughton were the novelisations of stories by Target), and a nice reminder of just how lucky we are these days to get so much Doctor Who so easily. Can't say I'm surprised that things were more difficult for Whovians in America.

Fall of Gilead
12-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Back in the '80s as a kid my experience was watching PBS and late at night this weird sci-fi show would come on called Doctor Who. I distinctly remember watching some Peter Davison eps during that time.

DoctorDodge
12-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Nice! For me, watching Jon Pertwee's face appearing out of some super trippy shit to the wonderful sound of "oooooo-weeee-ooooooooooooooooooooooo!" is practically one of my earliest childhood memories, thanks to early 90s BBC repeats. :)

pathoftheturtle
12-07-2013, 02:26 PM
interesting special feature on the Tom Baker serial Revenge of the Cybermen DVD

... more difficult for Whovians in America.Seems so, but really I can't say what the UK part was like. Fascinating topic though... I'll have to hit our DW thread if I ever get around to that feature. Thanks for mentioning it.

Back in the '80s as a kid my experience was watching PBS and late at night this weird sci-fi show would come on called Doctor Who. I distinctly remember watching some Peter Davison eps during that time.
This post is just calling for a "Like." Perhaps I should talk to that bot for tdt+FB ...

fearless-freak
12-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Terry Pratchett's Hogfather

DoctorDodge
12-08-2013, 01:44 PM
"Humbug! Humbug! Humbug, Mr. Baldrick?"

Watching Right Now: Blackadder's Christmas Carol. This has pretty much become essential yearly Christmas viewing for me.

fearless-freak
12-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Bucky O'Hare and The Toad Wars

Reesh
12-10-2013, 12:41 PM
This month, I have mostly been watching .... Almost Human.

DoctorDodge
12-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Guessing you're a Fast Show fan, Reesh?

Reesh
12-10-2013, 01:10 PM
:smile: ^^ hehe, aye, indeed I am or I was when I was a lot younger, anyway!

DoctorDodge
12-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Awesome. Welcome to the boards, my friend! You're gonna love it here! :D

DoctorZaius
12-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Me either, but this was the live broadcast with Carrie Underwood in the lead - good voice, but the acting ugh!

DoctorZaius
12-10-2013, 06:52 PM
I am getting ready to have a beer, some popcorn, and the season 6 finale of Sons of Anarchy!

Reesh
12-11-2013, 04:42 AM

Awesome, thanks for the welcome! I'm sure I'll love it here too!

pathoftheturtle
12-11-2013, 05:01 AM

Me either, but this was the live broadcast with Carrie Underwood in the lead - good voice, but the acting ugh!Yeah, and that went over so well, they decided to go ahead and air a new version of Bonnie and Clyde this week.

TV writers: Sorry. We have no ideas anymore. We've been watching your reality shows for too long.
TV executive: That's ok; there are plenty of perfectly good classic films you can rip off!

DoctorDodge
01-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Now Watching: Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window for the first time. :)

Still Servant
01-12-2014, 06:37 PM

Awesome, thanks for the welcome! I'm sure I'll love it here too!

Great. Another Brit...

fearless-freak
01-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Where The Buffalo Roam, based on the twisted legend of Dr Hunter S Thompson

mae
01-13-2014, 09:16 AM

First time! So lucky. One of the best films ever made!

DoctorDodge
01-13-2014, 03:36 PM
WRN: Band of Brothers. You know, for a show taken from the American perspective of the war, I'm seeing a fuckload of British actors in this. :lol:

CRinVA
01-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Anyone watch the new show Intelligence, with Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost) and Marg Helgenberger (Catherine on CSI).

Heather19
01-14-2014, 06:54 AM

Well....

webstar1000
01-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Anyone watch the new show Intelligence, with Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost) and Marg Helgenberger (Catherine on CSI).

I did and quite liked it to be honest....

webstar1000
01-14-2014, 07:14 AM
True Detective is the new show to watch.... trust me folks...

fernandito
01-14-2014, 08:10 AM

Well....It's between this and Vertigo for my favorite Hitchcock film.

Heather19
01-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Feev have you seen Strangers on a Train yet?

fernandito
01-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Negative. Add to the list?

Heather19
01-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Of course! It's my number 2. I think I'd rank it slightly above Rear Window. But just barely.

mae
01-14-2014, 09:16 AM
There should be a Hitchcock thread if there isn't one already! A god of film, this guy was.

pathoftheturtle
01-14-2014, 09:21 AM
There should be a Hitchcock thread if there isn't one already! A god of film, this guy was.http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/Alfred-Hitchcock-Movie-Discussion (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?2617-Alfred-Hitchcock-Movie-Discussion)

So, to change the subject on this one slightly, have you all seen Double Indemnity?

ladysai
01-14-2014, 09:35 AM

Well....

...please let us know what you thought about it, Doc!

Ive always thought the combination of Hitchcock and Stewart was amazing.

mae
01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
So, to change the subject on this one slightly, have you all seen Double Indemnity?

You mean arguably the best noir ever made? I have it as #4 of my top movies of the 1940s here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17943-Top-Ten-Films-of-1940-1949

pathoftheturtle
01-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Doc?

DoctorDodge
01-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I know of it.

pathoftheturtle
01-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I know of it.Ok, cool; it is very good. But I was just wondering if you're going to share any thoughts to this thread or the other on Rear Window. Sorry if that's impatient or pushy at all, though.

DoctorDodge
01-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Oh, no worries. Of course, I loved Rear Window. Fucking loved not just the way Hitchcock shot it, but how he created this entire world with just one apartment block. All these different characters doing all their own little things in their own little worlds, it was brilliant the amount of detail there was to it. And never once moving away from James Stewart's apartment was fantastic. I'll probably post more detailed thoughts on it later, but yeah, really, really enjoyed it overall.

fearless-freak
01-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Riddick

DoctorDodge
01-28-2014, 11:52 PM
Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Saw the 2D series back when that was first on and loved it, but only now checking out the CG animated series. Was skeptical after the introductory film, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I especially love that the whole series doesn't just focus on Obi-Wan, Anakin and his padawan, and there's episodes where it focuses on Yoda or even just a small team of clone troopers. And the animation is fantastic. :)

fearless-freak
01-29-2014, 07:22 AM
Platoon

Jon
02-02-2014, 07:31 PM
The Seattle Seahakws becoming the Superbowl champs!

Shannon
02-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Shannon and Amber's Shows:
2 Broke Girls: Season 3
Almost Human: Season 1
American Dad!: Season 9
Anger Management: Season 2
Black Sails: Season 1
Dads: Season 1
Enlisted: Season 1
Episodes: Season 3 (Haven't Started Yet)
Family Guy: Season 12
Grey's Anatomy: Season 10 (Haven't Started Yet)
Helix: Season 1 (Haven't Started Yet)
Homeland: Season 3
Hostages: Season 1
Intelligence: Season 1 (Haven't Started Yet)
In Treatment: Season 1
Mob City: Season 1 (Haven't Started Yet)
Nashville: Season 2 (Haven't Started Yet)
New Girl: Season 3
Once Upon A Time In Wonderland: Season 1
Once Upon A Time: Season 3
Opposite Worlds: Season 1
Revolution: Season 2 (Haven't Started Yet)
Sherlock: Season 3
Super Fun Night: Season 1
The Crazy Ones: Season 1
The Following: Season 2 (Haven't Started Yet)
The Michael J. Fox Show: Season 1
The Neighbors: Season 2
The Walking Dead: Season 4
True Detective: Season 1 (Haven't Started Yet)

Shannon's Shows:
Agents Of SHIELD: Season 1
Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 1
Glee: Season 5
How I Met Your Mother: Season 9
The Blacklist: Season 1

Amber's Shows:
Being Human: Season 4
Dracula: Season 1 (Hasn't Started Yet)
Grimm: Season 3
Lost Girl: Season 4
Parks And Recreation: Season 6
Raising Hope: Season 4
Revenge: Season 3
Shameless (2011): Season 4

Just Finished:
American Horror Story: Season 3 (Coven)
Sleepy Hollow: Season 1

Coming Soon:
About A Boy: Season 1 - Feb 21
Friends With Better Lives: Season 1 - March 31
Hannibal: Season 2 - Feb 28
Legit: Season 2 - Feb 26
Mixology: Season 1 - Feb 26
Orphan Black: Season 2 - Apr 19
Resurrection: Season 1 - Mar 9
Survivor: Season 28 - Feb 26 (Shannon's Show)
The 100: Season 1 - Mar 19
The Red Road - Feb 27
The Voice: Season 6 - Feb 24 (Shannon's Show)

fearless-freak
02-03-2014, 08:37 AM
A Fistful of Dynamite

thegunslinger41
02-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Re-Watching Episodes 1-3 of TRUE DETECTIVE. Missed some important details during my first viewing (since I have a newborn that needs my attention).

Awesome show!

-G

thegunslinger41
02-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Will be watching an older Matthew Mkonahey movie FRAILTY later this week. An awesome movie that is bound to spook the wife. :)

G

fernandito
02-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Re-Watching Episodes 1-3 of TRUE DETECTIVE. Missed some important details during my first viewing (since I have a newborn that needs my attention).

Awesome show!

-G

I watched an episode of that over the weekend, believe it was episode 8. I had no idea what the hell was going on since I hadn't seen the 7 episodes that preceded it, but I'm definitely going to pick up the season 1 box set as soon as it's released. Looks amazing from what I can tell.

fearless-freak
02-13-2014, 04:01 AM
Sanjuro

Girlystevedave
02-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Does anyone watch Modern Family?
I had never seen any episodes until recently. It's hilarious.

fearless-freak
02-15-2014, 01:15 PM
An American Werewolf In London

racerx45
02-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Searching for Sugar Man

DoctorDodge
02-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Doctor Who: The Web of Fear on DVD (2 days before its release in the shops, too). Adore this story. It's got Yeti in the London Underground, the first appearance of one of the Doctor's oldest and best friends the Brigadier (as a Colonel), and full of suspicious and cowardly characters and, best of all, Patrick Troughton as the Doctor. So glad they finally recovered it last year after being missing for over 45 years. There's a strong chance that it could, along with Evil of the Daleks and The War Games, become one of my favourite stories of Troughton's excellent Doctor. :)

fearless-freak
02-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Keoma

DoctorDodge
05-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Currently watching: Veronica Mars, season 1. Checked out a few eps of this before, really enjoyed it, but there was never a UK release on DVD and nothing on the legal streaming sites, so I never bothered trying to find a way to watch more of it. The release of the new movie however has finally encouraged the bastards to release the complete series on DVD in the UK, and for a pretty fucking good price, too, so I got myself the complete set and now watching it. As good as I remember so far, and I love Kristen Bell as Veronica.

fearless-freak
05-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Doctor Who: The Green Death

DoctorDodge
05-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Ah, an excellent classic. The ending really does bring tears to my eyes.

WRN: The Fast Show. Still one of the best sketch shows ever made. :)

fearless-freak
05-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Undead
Doctor Who: Planet of the Spiders

frik
05-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Lost - season 4.
Really liked the first three seasons - season 4 I'm not sure about yet..

sk

DoctorDodge
05-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Undead
Doctor Who: Planet of the Spiders

Oh, I love the ending of Planet of the Spiders. The story's a little too long and too indulgent at times, but Three's last words choke me up every single time. :'(

Lost - season 4.
Really liked the first three seasons - season 4 I'm not sure about yet..

sk

That's actually probably my favourite season. A reduced episode count and a fresh take on the non-linear narrative really did help keep things fresh. The Constant is one of my favourite episodes too.

fearless-freak
05-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Kingdom of Heaven: The Definitive Cut

DoctorDodge
05-31-2014, 11:42 AM
Spartacus: Blood & Sand.

First time watching, and it's one of the most ridiculously over the top series I've ever seen. Sex! Violence! Nudity! Blood! Slow motion!

Not ashamed to admit that I'm currently loving it for all those reasons. :lol: In fact, right as I type this, I've just seen one sequence that combined all of those at once! :rofl:

fearless-freak
05-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Legend Of The Lost

Fall of Gilead
05-31-2014, 05:12 PM
I love Spartacus!

Now watching Once Upon A Time on Netflix and loving it.

ladysai
06-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Fringe-season 5.
Finishing up a binge-watch of the whole series on Netflix.
I absolutely adore Walter...and his many variations of "Astrid"! :)

fearless-freak
06-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Secret Squadron Goranger

mae
06-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Orange is the New Black is back at long last! Starting it now.

fernandito
06-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Finished The Wire over the weekend. Fantastic show. I can see now why it's considered one of the all time greats.

Now all I need is to finish The Sopranos and I'll have the 'Big 3' under my belt.

fearless-freak
06-19-2014, 07:11 AM
The Robotech Archives

Jon
06-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Awaiting the return of "Under the Dome."

fearless-freak
06-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Killer Elite

DoctorZaius
06-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Half way through season two of Orange is the New Black - love it! And yes, The Wire is awesome, my favorite show of all time!

fearless-freak
06-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Witch Hunter Robin

DoctorDodge
06-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Checking out True Detective for the first time. It's great to know that this year, there's been not one but two truly great crime shows to check out. I do enjoy a lot of good crime stories - not the 'case of the week' type stuff, of course, but the more long-term, darker stuff that explores how one case can affect so many lives. (One of the key reasons why there's a lot of European crime shows, particularly The Killing, that I desperately need to check out). So far, I'm really enjoying it. Very different to Fargo, of course, but both very filmic and gorgeously shot.

By the way, I'm loving the shit out of Rust. Actually reminds me of one of my favourite ever investigators in TV drama: Eddie Fitzgerald from Cracker. Both chain-smoking, borderline alcoholic bastards, great at the psychology of their work because both are pessimistic bastards that rub everyone the wrong way with the shit they say, both in general come across as real pricks.

fearless-freak
06-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Claymore

Melike
06-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Anyone watched Penny Dreadful?

Ricky
06-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Yes, Melike! I am loving it. I haven't watched last night's finale yet, but the past two episodes have been NUTS!

fearless-freak
06-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Otogi Zoshi

fernandito
06-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Anyone watched Penny Dreadful?
where are you on Breaking Bad!?!?!

Tommy
07-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Zindy the Swamp Boy

pathoftheturtle
07-03-2014, 08:13 PM
WRN: Melancholia

Trying to keep up with the sci-fi tournament threads.

fearless-freak
07-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Starship Troopers

DoctorZaius
07-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Sitting down to episode 5, season 1 or Orphan Black - lovin' it!

fearless-freak
07-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Big Trouble In Little China

Tommy
07-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Big Trouble In Little China

LOL I just re-watched that with a friend a few days ago, love it!

fearless-freak
07-09-2014, 07:49 AM
E'S Otherwise

DoctorDodge
07-19-2014, 01:23 PM
WRN: Cloud Atlas. Interesting so far (and not just for Tom Hanks rather numerous accents or saying the word "c**t"). Appreciate how non-linear it is and how wide scale it is. I'd love to give the original novel a go sometime.

fearless-freak
07-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Transformers G1 Season 2

DoctorDodge
07-22-2014, 01:37 PM
WRN: series 2 of Utopia. One of the best scifi/conspiracy dramas I've seen.

fearless-freak
07-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Transformers G1 seasons 3 & 4

Bumblebee is the only G1 autobot to make it through season 1 to 4

fernandito
11-17-2014, 08:55 AM
Started season 2 of Six Feet Under over the weekend. Hate that I waited this long to start it (finished S1 a little over a year ago). What a fucking marvelous show. It's just so... poignant. It doesn't need violent end games or criminal intrigue. Its richly textured characters are all the propulsion it needs. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in my personal top 5 when all is said and done.

webstar1000
11-17-2014, 08:59 AM
CHOSEN... has ANYONE out there seen this? WOW! It is on Crackle.... just amazing!

mae
11-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Started season 2 of Six Feet Under over the weekend. Hate that I waited this long to start it (finished S1 a little over a year ago). What a fucking marvelous show. It's just so... poignant. It doesn't need violent end games or criminal intrigue. Its richly textured characters are all the propulsion it needs. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in my personal top 5 when all is said and done.

It's one of the best TV series ever made, period.

fearless-freak
11-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Fringe season 1

fernandito
11-17-2014, 09:42 AM
CHOSEN... has ANYONE out there seen this? WOW! It is on Crackle.... just amazing!

Hmm.. sounds vaguely familiar. Refresh my memory.

It certainly seems that way. It has come highly praised by everyone who has seen it.

Fringe season 1

:thumbsup:

webstar1000
11-17-2014, 09:52 AM

Hmm.. sounds vaguely familiar. Refresh my memory.

It certainly seems that way. It has come highly praised by everyone who has seen it.

Fringe season 1

:thumbsup:

Stars the guy (Peter Petrelli) from Heroes. It is so good man. I watched all three seasons in one friggin night. Premise is.... guy gets a package, opens it to find a time, picture and gun. I am NOT telling you nothing else... you will watch it... and you will thank me. Amazing show. PERIOD.

fearless-freak
11-17-2014, 10:38 AM
believe it or not i have never seen Fringe before

fernandito
11-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Stars the guy (Peter Petrelli) from Heroes. It is so good man. I watched all three seasons in one friggin night. Premise is.... guy gets a package, opens it to find a time, picture and gun. I am NOT telling you nothing else... you will watch it... and you will thank me. Amazing show. PERIOD.
Just looked it up on IMDB. Sounds interesting! I'll try and get to it once my slate is cleared a bit.

Doesn't surprise me. It was really only marketed aggressively during the tail end of Lost's run. It's a perfect show for sci-fi geeks. John Noble's character became one of my favorites in all of television.

fearless-freak
11-17-2014, 11:33 AM
i'd heard of Fringe, but when i saw J.J. Abram's name attached to it i walked away fearing it might be a sci-fi version of lost

fernandito
11-17-2014, 11:37 AM
But LOST is sci-fi too? lol

webstar1000
11-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Just looked it up on IMDB. Sounds interesting! I'll try and get to it once my slate is cleared a bit.

Doesn't surprise me. It was really only marketed aggressively during the tail end of Lost's run. It's a perfect show for sci-fi geeks. John Noble's character became one of my favorites in all of television.

Clear you slate now. lol

Jon
11-21-2014, 02:43 AM
Scorpion, Madam Secretary, Forever, and the bottom of a bottle of Russian stout.

fearless-freak
11-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Fringe season 2

pathoftheturtle
11-29-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm sad because my favorite new show, "Constantine," is being pulled. Too smart for TV, I guess. <_<

fearless-freak
11-29-2014, 12:48 PM
is it officially been pulled?

Star Wars the original trilogy

pathoftheturtle
11-30-2014, 02:33 AM
is it officially been pulled?Yes, well, not officially cancelled, but it's pulled from production.
Probably confusion hurt the ratings, though I would have thought they rolled what the movie seemed to be about into the early character well enough to make it in the monster genre. I suppose it was still just too bad of a movie.

fearless-freak
11-30-2014, 02:41 AM
i think a lot of the religious groups had a hand in it because of what the story is about

Invader Zim

pathoftheturtle
11-30-2014, 02:51 AM
What? Too Catholic?

fernandito
12-01-2014, 08:57 AM
The fact that it was airing Friday nights didn't help either. That's the kiss of death for TV shows.

stkmw02
12-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Invader Zim

Thank you for reminding me I have to watch the Invader Zim Christmas specials.

DoctorDodge
12-06-2014, 12:50 PM
WRN: Bates Motel.

fearless-freak
12-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist