PDA

View Full Version : Storm of The Century - are there any connection to the DT series? (spoiler)

Ward007
07-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm sure everyone here know of King's "Storm of The Century" mini series.. Are there any connection to the DT series in your opinion? What stand out the most to me is the villain "Andre Linoge" - could he be Randal Flagg? The ancient wizard Maerlyn? One of the Crimson King servant? Or maybe he's one of the Prim many demons that left on the shore of the multiple worlds after the Prim receded?

DocPain
08-01-2010, 06:13 AM
I say there is. Perhaps Andre just came through a door and stayed on this side. Maybe he travels between worlds and thats why he was away for so long. :pirate:

alinda
08-01-2010, 07:22 AM
We have a whole section of the tower dedicated to answering this question;
here's a link. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=15&order=asc

Brainslinger
08-03-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm sure everyone here know of King's "Storm of The Century" mini series.. Are there any connection to the DT series in your opinion? What stand out the most to me is the villain "Andre Linoge" - could he be Randal Flagg? The ancient wizard Maerlyn? One of the Crimson King servant? Or maybe he's one of the Prim many demons that left on the shore of the multiple worlds after the Prim receded?

I'm pretty sure he isn't Flagg himself but a demon of the prim seems likely. He has one thing in common with the Crimson King. Well, a few things actually, but there's something specific I'm thinking of.

They're both described as 'Legion'. In Linoge's case it's an anagram of his name. I believe the CK is called that in the revised version of The Gunslinger too. Come to think of it, so was Flagg in his Stand incarnation.

Not that I'm suggesting they're the same person, but ultimately they're all evil agents of chaos and destruction and all part of the same problem.