06-30-2010, 08:24 PM
*squee*

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424381/

Sam
06-30-2010, 09:12 PM
This is on my must see list. It's also on my wife's must avoid list. :D

fernandito
07-01-2010, 06:18 AM
As you most of you know, I'm a massive Predator(s) fan, so I'll definitely be watching this opening day ! I can't wait ! :excited:

turtlex
07-01-2010, 06:21 AM
You know ... this one actually looks pretty good. Good cast, for one thing. I mean, how often to Academy Award Winners and Nominees do sci-fi/horror movies.

Odetta
07-01-2010, 06:36 AM
there are a few big names in there that I didn't expect and to see more than one predator?????

:nana:

fernandito
07-01-2010, 06:55 AM
The only thing I'm not quite on board with yet is the 'Predator dogs' ... the Predators pride themselves in being able to track and hunt their prey single handed, having these in the movie doesn't make much sense within the context of the Predator universe, but let's see how Rodriguez utilizes them.

Dagavidiab
07-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Wait!! We already discussed about how lame could this movie be??? I mean, they were selected to fight the Predators, for been the toughest mother fuckers in the earth, but...... How in hell may a person relate these to concepts: Adrien Brody and Topher Grace with "a group of elite warriors"? :wtf::rofl:

:shoot:

fernandito
07-01-2010, 07:31 AM
I don't know, Adrien Brody looks pretty Rambo in those trailers. And I'm assuming that Topher Grace is some diabolically genius criminal mastermind capable of outsmarting his pursuers ... but that could just be wishful thinking.

Maybe the Predators kidnapped him for the sole purpose comic relief ?

Sam
07-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Something you have to remember is that most soldiers and fighters are wiry and lean not hugely muscled like Arnold and his crew were in the first film. A fighter that is a lean 190 is a heavily muscled human being and doesn't have a lot of weight to carry around either. That equals strength AND agility. Arnold may be strong, but he ain't very agile.

fernandito
07-01-2010, 08:29 AM
But he has that ridiculously macho accent going on, so it evens out.

"I don't do dis kind of verk."

"Get to dah choppah!"

turtlex
07-01-2010, 09:12 AM
"Dere be heap big problems with moose and squirrel."

fernandito
07-01-2010, 09:30 AM
:lol:

WARNING : Even if this movie is an abomination to cinema, I'm going to come in here and say it's the best movie of all time. So be prepared guys :innocent:

Dagavidiab
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
:lol:

WARNING : Even if this movie is an abomination to cinema, I'm going to come in here and say it's the best movie of all time. So be prepared guys :innocent:

Even if you say is an abomination, i'm still going to see it, just for saying: "i knew this movie is a piece of sh/t!" :rolleyes:

Still Servant
07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again, if Topher Grace and Adrian Brody don't epically fail at defeating hordes of Predators, then there is no justice in film.

Think about this, it took Arnold and a unit of badasses everything they had just to defeat ONE Predator. There is no way those guys are going to be able to take out hundreds of them. This film is basically going to be a massacre.

Now, if you took the cast of The Expendables and put them in this movie, now we might be talking.

Odetta
07-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Well, I'm going into this with not too many expectations because I don't wish to be disappointed.

misterman
07-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Right at the climax of every fight scene,

"Stone Phillips" appears with transcripts from a chat, and asks the Predators to "Have a seat."

:P

fernandito
07-05-2010, 11:43 AM
PREDATORS (2010)

Predator fans rejoice! Finally a sequel has arrived that is worthy of its 1987 predecessor, in the ultra serious and equally bloody Predators.

That a less than satisfactory sequel starring Danny Glover, and two underperforming Alien vs. Predator films, came before this Robert Rodriguez produced corker shouldn’t be a worry. With the Desperado filmmaker given complete creative control, and a more than game filmmaker in Nimrod Antal behind the lens, Predators does indeed prove that good things come to those who wait.

A magnificent opening scene, which features its cast of characters waking up to a freefall nose dive from the heavens, effectively snaps the viewer to attention as they are introduced to a motley crew of mercenaries, warriors, and mad men – killers one and all – who find themselves on a mysterious alien planet, which like last year’s Avatar is filled with unique vegetation and animal life, the films Hawaii location lending itself beautifully and meshing well with CGI constructs.

Leading the pack is the unlikeliest of action heroes in Adrien Brody, making Uncle Arnie proud with a beefed up torso coupled with a snarl worthy of Clint Eastwood. Joining him are the likes of Alice Bragga and Danny Trejo, yet it is Brody who occupies the lens the most and delivers while doing so.

(The less spoken about Laurence Fishburne and his impersonation of Tim Robbins from War of the Worlds, the better.)

Soon it becomes apparent that they are on a game reserve, and baying for their heads are the intergalactic hunters known as Predators, dreadlocked behemoths who are re-introduced as monsters to be feared, something which the AVPR series did not succeed in.

Much like its characters, Predators takes itself very seriously, and God bless its green blood pumping heart for it, as its rag tag group of grunts (save for Topher Grace’s suburban doctor) openly wonder if their bad deeds have sent them to Hell or someplace worse, as their need to survive far out ways any inkling of moral fibre.

Imagine, if you will, LOST without the confusion, more gore, and its inhabitants packing heavy artillery, as maximum firepower fills out the silence between the corny macho talk, which works oh so well with this kind of action movie.

Obvious is the affection Rodriguez and Nimrod have for the 1987 original. There is an attention to detail to its look and a respect to its back story, with much homage’s peppered throughout, the most obvious the re-introduction of the original Predator score, and a welcome return of the famed Gatling gun affectionately known as “Old Painless”.

The benchmark which both men are trying to emulate is, of course, the 1986 sequel Aliens. But while Predators doesn’t come close to James Cameron’s mercenaries against aliens classic, it does join the ranks of sequels which match up to their predecessors, even if it took 23 years to do so.

***1/2 out of 5

---

Source. (http://www.mattsmoviereviews.net/predators.html)

:)

Heather19
07-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I so want to see this :D

Mike Beck
07-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Now, if you took the cast of The Expendables and put them in this movie, now we might be talking.

This would be the most amazing thing ever scene, and now, no matter what, the actual movie is going to be a letdown by comparison. :D

DoctorDodge
07-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I know this is going to sound shocking, but out of all the scifi/horror classics i've seen, including the first 2 Alien films (I wouldn't call the 3rd one a "classic"), i've yet to watch the original Predator film. That's something I need to sort out asap, methinks!

Still Servant
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Doc, you have to watch the original Predator. It really is a fun film. It's especially cool to watch it years later and realize that not one, but two of the actors in the film became governors.

After reading the review that Feev posted, I now have hope that this could be good.

Sam
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
The original Predator films (I really enjoyed the second film as much as the first) have always been high on my rewatch list. Maybe not in my top ten, but I would think they would be in my top 25 rewatchables list. Oddly enough, none of the Aliens films have made it into my dvd collection. I have them on video, but have just never wanted to go out and repurchase them for dvd. The Predator films on the other hand, I bought them the day they hit the stores and have been happily rewatching them since.

Predator = one of the best scifi/horror/action movies to be produced. In my opinion that is.:thumbsup:

Woofer
07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
One of the worst movie editing jobs I've ever seen was done on Predator.

They cut the scene where Ah-nold figures out that mud hides him. Seriously, cut to a commercial just before it, then resumed just after that scene. WTF?!

The other was at a theater that served actual food and drinks. They cut to intermission immediately after a puking scene. Not really inspiring folks to go get those chili cheese nachos, there.

fernandito
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Anybody else watching this tonight ? :dance:

Woofer
07-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Buy my ticket? *hopeful*

Mattrick
07-12-2010, 04:08 AM
I know this is going to sound shocking, but out of all the scifi/horror classics i've seen, including the first 2 Alien films (I wouldn't call the 3rd one a "classic"), i've yet to watch the original Predator film. That's something I need to sort out asap, methinks!

Alien 3 Director's Cut is the best Alien movie.

turtlex
07-12-2010, 04:22 AM

Alien 3 Director's Cut is the best Alien movie.

Mattrick - You're going to have to elaborate on this please. Honestly, I thought - even the Director's Cut, though better than the theatrical release, was greatly lacking...

Woofer
07-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I have to agree with Pam. Please elaborate.

fernandito
07-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Add me to that list as well.

Odetta
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
I do agree that Director's Cut was much better than the theatrical release... but I think I would actually rather watch the first or the second more