PDA

View Full Version : Haven

herbertwest
11-28-2007, 12:52 AM
from Lilja :

There seams to be info in the last issue of Entertainment Weekly (with J.K. Rowling on the cover as Entertainer of the Year) about a possible TV series loosely based on The Colorado Kid in the future. Hopefully more info will come soon.

Does anyone have that EW issue?
What do they tell?

Spencer
11-28-2007, 05:40 AM
Without spoilers, I'd be interested to see if the powers that be in a TV series feel they need to change and/or add to the ending.

Hannah
11-28-2007, 08:56 AM
I just searched the EW site and didn't find anything. Hmm.

funky dredd
11-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I hope they leave the ending alone. That was something I liked about the book...

Hannah
11-28-2007, 01:31 PM
The ending pissed me off. But maybe that's just me. :lol:

Spencer
11-28-2007, 05:26 PM
It did me too, to a point, but I understood why it was done that way. I absolutely wish it had been done differently, though.

NeedfulKings
11-28-2007, 07:53 PM
I wanted more from the ending as well.

As for making a "series," considering the length of the book, they would have to add quite a bit.

Patrick
11-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, there was a little blurb in EW magazine (not online). I'll see if I can find it again...

Patrick
11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Yep, here's the story. It is on page 21 of the November 30, 2007 issue (cover story is The Top 25 Entertainers of the Year) of Entertainment Weekly. Okay, okay, I'll transcribe the entire thing for you:

Television by Lynette Rice
ROCKY MOUNTAIN GUY

(little photo of SK)

While the strike could throw a wrench into all current development, ABC has a provocative new drama in the works that's loosely based on Stephen King's 2005 mystery novel The Colorado Kid. The author and EW columnist describes the script, from The Dead Zone's Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, as "closer to The X-Files than Supernatural." King will have a small stake in the show (currently dubbed Sanctuary) should it go to series, "but it's not something that keeps me up at nights, the way Kingdom Hospital did."

There you go. :cowboy:

herbertwest
11-29-2007, 12:21 AM
thanks!

Heather19
11-29-2007, 05:05 PM
sounds like it could be interesting

mae
09-29-2009, 06:04 AM
As per Lilja via Bev:

According to Variety, E1 Entertainment has committed to 13 hour-long episodes adapting Stephen King’s novella The Colorado Kid into a television series called Haven.

Scott Shepherd will serve as showrunner and exec produce with Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller, all three of whom were exec producers on USA Network's version of The Dead Zone.

Two more Dead Zone alumni, Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, are writing the pilot and will also serve as exec producers.

The report describes the project as, “centers on a spooky town in Maine where cursed folk live normal lives in exile. When those curses start returning, FBI agent Audrey Parker is brought in to keep those supernatural forces at bay — while trying to unravel the mysteries of Haven.”

E1 is in advanced talks with several European broadcast partners to sign on and help finance the show. After securing an international partner, the company will turn its attention to finding U.S. and Canadian broadcasters.

jhanic
09-29-2009, 08:26 AM
That doesn't sound at all like Colorado Kid. It sounds like they're using the King name and title for something completely different. Also, the town of Haven is the same named town that most of The Tommyknockers takes place.

John

Bev Vincent
09-29-2009, 08:31 AM
I wonder if the mystery of the Colorado Kid will be the first episode, and they'll go on with it from there. The Pillars did quite a good job of taking the DZ concept and running with it for five or six years.

Gris
09-29-2009, 10:50 AM
That doesn't sound at all like Colorado Kid. It sounds like they're using the King name and title for something completely different. Also, the town of Haven is the same named town that most of The Tommyknockers takes place.

John

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the description.

Ari_Racing
09-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Well...it might not sound very faithfull, but that team made an incredible job with The Dead Zone series (Sadly it was cancelled and no ending given so far), so I'm looking forward to hear more about this :)

nocny
11-28-2009, 05:50 AM
I haven't found topic about it so here it is :)

Studio E1 Entertainment is gonna make a tv series based on 'Colorado Kid' titled 'Haven'. There will be 13 one hour episodes.

'Haven' will be about small hunted town in Maine, where doomed people try to live normally. When the curses start to come back an FBI agent Audrey Parker comes to town to discover Havens misteries.

It's gonna be for fans of Stephen King, The X Files and Lost.

You can hear what one of the producers has to say about it: http://scifitvzone.com/2009/11/25/stephen-kings-haven-exclusive-interview-with-exec-producer-lloyd-segan/

Hannah
11-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Maybe it's been too long since I read Colorado Kid, but this 'Haven' sounds nothing like it. I may just be crazy. I don't know. :lol:

nocny
11-30-2009, 03:17 AM
it will be like 'Dead Zone' tv series, so all the episodes will be something totally new and 'Colorado Kid' possibly will be as a background and maybe even in the first episode only.

Hannah
11-30-2009, 07:54 AM
So I'm not crazy. :lol:

Ari_Racing
11-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm trusting in this project. I loved The Dead Zone series, so the creative team behind must have a good idea in their hands.

Brice
12-01-2009, 07:47 AM
So I'm not crazy. :lol:

Well, you may very well be...just not for that.

gsvec
12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
:wtf: Every time I see the title of this thread, I think it's about the Haven FOUNDATION.

nocny
12-02-2009, 02:59 AM
and I about Tommyknockers :D

turtlex
04-27-2010, 02:44 AM
Syfy has started production on Haven, a one-hour drama based on Stephen King’s 2005 mystery novella The Colorado Kid.

The series, which debuts July 19 at 10 p.m. EST/PST, follows a shrewd FBI agent Audrey Parker (Emily Rose of Jericho and ER) with a lost past who arrives in a small town in Maine to investigate a murder. She soon discovers that the town, Haven, is a refuge for people with a range of supernatural abilities.

Haven also stars Eric Balfour (24, Six Feet Under) as the mysterious Duke Crocker and Lucas Bryant (Queer as Folk, M.V.P.) as local cop Nathan Wuornos.

The pilot is directed by Adam Kane (The Mentalist, Pushing Daisies) from a script by The Dead Zone team of Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, who serve as executive producers of the series. Scott Shepherd (Tru Calling, The Dead Zone) is the showrunner.

“The Colorado Kid is a back story,” Syfy’s Mark Stern is quoted as saying by the Los Angeles Times. “These guys have done a great job of incorporating it into a larger franchise. The bones of The Colorado Kid are definitely buried in this larger franchise.”

Spencer
04-27-2010, 06:12 PM
So, will we at least get a half assed answer to the mystery presented in the book? :lol:

turtlex
04-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Yeah, it just won't be King's answer! :lol:

herbertwest
05-02-2010, 04:20 AM
Teaser for Haven :

http://video.syfy.com/shows/haven/promos_trailers_15/haven/v1223600

pathoftheturtle
06-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Been seeing promos on SyFy for this new series "based on The Colorado Kid by Stephen King." I don't know much more yet... do we already have another a thread about it? Comments, anyone?

velcro_fly
06-19-2010, 11:17 PM
For a little more info on it go to http://www.showcase.ca/shows/showspage.aspx?root_title_id=256989

Lilja
06-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I saw the pilot last night and it looks promising. Dosn't look much like Colorado Kid yet though...but that might change.

Lilja

mae
07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Just to remind you guys, this premieres tonight, so I hope you have your DVRs set.

Also, the producers want King to do a cameo: http://www.rabiddoll.com/node/1296

Aaron
07-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Ooh, I forgot about this. I'll have to check it out tonight. It's SyFy right?

Lilja
07-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Here is an interview with Sam Ernst, the series creator.
http://www.liljas-library.com/showinterview.php?id=74

Lilja

Bev Vincent
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I get a "Dead Zone" vibe from it (Nicole de Boer's presence helps). I like Duke, though the main character is a bit on the brash/brusque side. I definitely wouldn't let her borrow my car. Definitely a long way from Colorado Kid, but it pairs up well with Eureka on a Friday night.

demorgan
07-12-2010, 04:59 PM
The acting seems stiff and kinda amateurish from the main character(female..plus when she talks..its so monotone). Kinda feels like a ripoff of Xfiles at the moment.

mae
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Not much to do with Colorado Kid. Kinda tacked on, whatever there was of it.

towerfan
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
It didnt realy seem to have much to do with the colorado kid to me! but i will keep watching to see how it comes out.

nocny
07-13-2010, 03:10 AM
It doesn't have much with Colorado but it was obvious after what creators said about it.
But it could be great series in my opinion, it's definitely similar to The X Files and I am big fan of it. I like main characters, I like Audrey's biting tongue :)

LadyHitchhiker
07-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Haven't watched it yet. Have it taped, though. If it has an x-file vibe though I may love it. Don't really know much about it but I figured if it was Uncle Steve's vision, I have to at least try it.

Brainslinger
07-13-2010, 07:33 AM
I haven't seen it yet. (Actually, I haven't read the Colorado Kid, either. As for differences, that was intended to be the case. And King himself wanted Haven to have a supernatural element to the show, too.) I'm not sure if it's even available over here in the UK yet, although I get the impression it was going to be a global release.

Seems like my cup of tea anyway.

herbertwest
07-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Promising so far. Need to see the other episods though...

Bev Vincent
07-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Episode 2 was pretty bad, I thought. Bad acting, bad plot...nice scenery!

Girlystevedave
07-19-2010, 06:02 AM
The acting seems stiff and kinda amateurish from the main character(female..plus when she talks..its so monotone). Kinda feels like a ripoff of Xfiles at the moment.

I thought the exact same thing! The main character was kind of annoying to me and her "shady" boss reminded me of X-Files. It almost seemed like they were trying to cross X-Files and Heroes...yet failed. :)
Tis a shame cause I was excited to see this.

LineofEld
07-19-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm still holding out hope for it!!

demorgan
07-19-2010, 09:43 AM
I dont know how the main female character got the part, she is not that good.

mystima
07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
the show kinda reminds me of fringe in a way. only no mad scientist and parallel universes to contend with but you never can tell. seems like the stories they have come up with so far are about people with special abilities. hope that is not the whole premise of the series because it will get really old real quick.

well that's my 2 cents for now.

mystima
07-25-2010, 02:20 AM
While watching this on cable on demand I noticed something in the opening credits. There is a newspaper article with the name of a person named Reverend Flagg. I thought that was interesting.

Bev Vincent
07-25-2010, 09:52 AM
I just caught that this week, too. The third episode was a bit better than the second, but it's still a bit weak. Nowhere near as good as The Dead Zone series was.

mae
07-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Unless this gets a little more King-like and less X-Files-like, I think I'll remove this series from my DVR, to be honest. It's not bad, but there are much better TV shows out there to watch. And since this has very little to do with King, even that novelty has pretty much worn off already.

Spencer
07-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I've caught the 1st few episodes of this. I like it a lot, but it seems to be settling into a formula, and that I don't like. Basically, something weird happens, the main character figures it out, and at the tail end of the episode, she gets a teeny tiny clue that furthers her quest to crack the Colorado Kid mystery about a millimeter forward. :lol: I'd like to see more of a focus on the Colorado Kid , not totally dominating the show, but at least some meaningful info now and then.

mystima
08-17-2010, 08:01 PM
just saw some "Easter eggs" on a few of the episodes that are Stephen king related. they are subtle but they are there.

on a different note. Have you noticed in the picture they use in the series? The main woman is holding hands with a child. I wonder if that is a girl or a boy...can't tell because the picture is grainy.

herbertwest
08-17-2010, 09:27 PM
List of connections to Kings world:
http://www.visithaven.com/Visit_Haven/Secrets.html

deadohsky
08-20-2010, 08:26 AM
It hasn't really pulled me into it, a little too predictable at times. I do like the general atmosphere of it though.

Bev Vincent
09-12-2010, 12:53 PM
This week's episode was one of the best yet. Genuinely creepy, with an Agatha Christie "And Then There Were None" feel and a real shock ending.

Interesting aside: one of Audrey's birthday gifts was a copy of Misery Unchained (signed by the author before that lady chopped off his foot)!

And the tricycle made me think of The Shining.

The quality of the acting still leaves much to be desired, but I thought this was a good episode.

Bev Vincent
10-07-2010, 10:48 AM
The U.S. cable network Syfy says its supernatural drama series "Haven" will return for a second season next summer.

Produced by Entertainment One, the 13-episode season is to begin shooting on location in Nova Scotia, Canada, in the spring.

mae
10-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I was just coming in here to post the same. I gave up on the show after episode two or so. Just too bland, X-Files-lite sorta, and not much to do with King if anything.

Bev Vincent
10-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I've been watching it via OnDemand on the weekends. I lived not far from where it's filmed, so I like the scenery, and I think the actors are starting to find their feet a bit more. It's SyFy, so expectations are low -- it compares poorly to Eureka, which was its lead-in until recently. Almost nothing to do with King, though they stick in the occasional nod, like the reference to Paul Sheldon a while back and some King books on the shelf on Duke's boat two weeks back.

Ricky
10-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I could've sworn this was going to be a mini-series type of thing with a start and end date, kind of like Nightmares & Dreamscapes was on TNT.

OchrisO
10-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I am really enjoying this show, despite the fact that is is so very loosely based on The Colorado Kid.

Brainslinger
10-08-2010, 05:55 AM
It's just started over here in the UK. It had started already when I switched over to the channel yesterday so I decided I'll watch the repeat, catch it from the start.

I saw a bit with a sudden fog that appeared which struck me as a tad hokey, but we'll see. The two or three characters I saw were likeable.

mystima
10-12-2010, 03:03 AM
well we now know what those cracks in the ground were coming from...that is all i will say right now:pullhair:

Brainslinger
10-12-2010, 05:02 AM
I caught the first episode in the end.

I quite liked it. It was interesting to see Nicole de Boer. Shows just how long ago Deep Space on as she looked quite a bit younger in that. (I don't mean that unkindly. She is still an attractive lady. And I'm no spring chicken myself, just a few years younger.)

That's the third actor in previous shows I've watched that have turned up lately. I saw an episode of Warehouse Thirteen the other day which featured Jewel Staite and Sean Maher from Firefly.

Bev Vincent
10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
well we now know what those cracks in the ground were coming from...that is all i will say right now:pullhair:

Well, now, wasn't that a kick in the pants?

mystima
10-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Well, now, wasn't that a kick in the pants?

from what I saw I don't think that story is over yet...did you see the stones shaking in the box...somehow makes me think they will bring him back later.

mystima
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Can't wait till tomorrow....season premiere. From the previews they are showing they are going to do a homage to Pennywise in one of the episodes. Will see what happens.

mikeC
07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Love this show, hope it doesn't get worse with the bigger cast.
We'll see, wish they would keep the old guys on the show.
Love the scenery in this show, filmed in BC?

Ben Staad
07-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Can't wait till tomorrow....season premiere. From the previews they are showing they are going to do a homage to Pennywise in one of the episodes. Will see what happens.

I thought that looked like Pennywise in the commercial!

velcro_fly
07-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Love this show, hope it doesn't get worse with the bigger cast.
We'll see, wish they would keep the old guys on the show.
Love the scenery in this show, filmed in BC?

Its actually filmed in Nova Scotia.

mystima
07-15-2011, 07:42 PM
No Pennywise this episode but there was the homage to 'It' Little boy with paper boat. hand in sewage drain. I was scared he would be bitten or attacked....lol The "fake" Audrey was interesting. wonder how that story is going to go. didn't like the episode as a whole though. The troubles were 'fixed' a little to quickly and easily to me. But I did like the ending with the two burying the dad and talking about the 'REV'.

Bev Vincent
07-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Also sort of an homage to Rainy Season.

Check out this do-it-yourself trailer for season two made by the show's three stars while waiting to go before the cameras: http://www.twitvid.com/Q7ITN

herbertwest
07-18-2011, 11:05 AM
The IT moment was cool :-)

mystima
07-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Also sort of an homage to Rainy Season.

Check out this do-it-yourself trailer for season two made by the show's three stars while waiting to go before the cameras: http://www.twitvid.com/Q7ITN

This was funny...lol

candy
07-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Just skimmed over the last few posts - has the second series startd with you guys then?

Bev Vincent
07-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Yes. Two weeks ago.

RichardHawes
07-25-2011, 04:01 AM
I love how on the Haven website they have a section dedicated to all the King references in each episode. It's pretty sweet as I tend to overlook some things.

http://www.syfy.com/haven/stephenking

mikeC
07-25-2011, 06:34 AM
Not digging the 2 Audreys sub plot. Hope it doesn't last all season.
Audrey 2 adds nothing to the show.
Other than that pretty good so far. I wonder why Mr. Lahey was scared in the bus station.

mystima
07-25-2011, 02:34 PM
He saw the girl who could make things scary when she looked at ya. I would like to know what Detective Warnos saw when he saw her.

mikeC
07-27-2011, 06:13 AM
He saw the girl who could make things scary when she looked at ya. I would like to know what Detective Warnos saw when he saw her.

He saw the Audry from the 70s or the one that's supposed to be her mom, I don;t know why he would be scared of her, unless he's scared of "the truth" or something

mystima
08-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Was kinda floored by the way the dual Audrey story went. I wonder if that is how the Audrey/Lucy was created. In other words that was how she got her memories and her previous ones erased. And I also wonder if it was whoever was in the disappearing house that killed The Colorado Kid. Plus I also want to know what was in that darn folder besides a map and picture of the tattoo.

Bev Vincent
08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
The bit with the garbage disposal made me think of Firestarter, and the disappearing house made me think of Black House for some reason.

mystima
08-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I like the way the put in hints of Maximum Overdrive with all the machines attacking people.

mikeC
08-24-2011, 06:59 AM
The Groundhog's Day episode was awesome. Really well written and a no nonsense ending.
BUT why would there be a red sox game on at 11am? That's either a really bad mistake or it means Haven has a different time zone.

Bev Vincent
08-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Ha! I never caught that, but you're right. Haven can't be in a different time zone. Not only was the game ON at 11 -- it ended before noon, which would mean that it started at 8 or 9 a.m.

mikeC
08-24-2011, 08:39 AM
I meant like science fiction other timelines time zones, not like Pacific or Eastern.

mystima
08-24-2011, 05:35 PM
It is on a different level of the Tower

mikeC
09-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Another great episode this week.

mystima
09-02-2011, 07:05 PM
interesting episode. a copy that wants his own life and not have to depend on the original for life choices. and who was that guy that was in Nathan's office stealing files.

mikeC
09-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Yea, I have no idea who that guy was. Mediocre episode but they were due after the last couple. This episode reminded me of the movie Primer which if you haven;t seen it is awesome.

Stockerlone
09-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Damn late, but Today starts HAVEN in German free tv...

herbertwest
09-17-2011, 01:24 AM
Showcase to decide within 2 weeks whether to cancel HAVEN or not... http://bit.ly/o3ci5Q &

OchrisO
09-17-2011, 04:59 AM
The newest episode of Haven was awesome.

I am so glad that the reverend god his ass shot, but I expect we somehow haven't seen the last of him.

DanishCollector
09-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Hope it doesn't get cancelled as the show keeps on getting better and more exciting. A few filler episodes here and there, but very interesting.

Ben Staad
10-12-2011, 12:12 PM
I know the actual thread is around here somewhere...however I can't find it. It looks like Haven has been renewed for a third season:http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Haven

P.S. Mods I'm sorry but if needed please move this to the correct place.

Merlin1958
10-12-2011, 03:45 PM
The "Outlaw Josey Wales" would have found the "Haven" thread. Just saying!!!

LOL LOL LOL :lol1:

Ben Staad
10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
The "Outlaw Josey Wales" would have found the "Haven" thread. Just saying!!!

LOL LOL LOL :lol1:

LOL....:shoot:

Merlin1958
10-12-2011, 04:00 PM
:confused1:

:lol1:

Ben Staad
10-12-2011, 04:03 PM

I'm not sure what this means...maybe Carlos can translate for me LOL and J/K!

Merlin1958
10-12-2011, 04:09 PM

I'm not sure what this means...maybe Carlos can translate for me LOL and J/K!

Hey, I'm an enigma!!! LOL LOL LOL

mystima
12-16-2011, 09:04 PM
anyone catch the Christmas episode. Loved it....had hints to UTD and The Dark Tower with the name of the troubled person having the last name Chambers.

mystima
07-09-2012, 04:35 PM
any word as to whether or not this series is has been canceled. The last episode that they had was the Christmas episode back in December. Will be really upset if they leave the series like that.

velcro_fly
07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
If Wikipedia is to be believed:
"On October 12, 2011, it was renewed for a third 13-episode season to air on September 21, 2012"

mystima
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
a one year hiatus is a long way to wait for a show to start up again...grrr.

RichardHawes
09-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Anyone else underwhelmed with this alien angle? I was hoping they'd spend more time on the struggle between Nathan and Duke and the tattoo

Its on now and replays after...Anyone else watching?

Ben Staad
09-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I am not but I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Garrell
09-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes but I only buy and watch the blueray DVD's, so I still need to get season 2. Loved season 1 and will continue to follow this show. i am dvr'ing season 3 so after I watch 2 I can jump right in:)

mystima
09-21-2012, 10:42 PM
They had a Haven Marathon on so I was watching to catch up on what I might have missed and I heard a DT reference in the radio voice over...(lobstrosities...lol). So what did yall think of the season premier? It was interesting....who would have thought that they would use a tommynockers reference as an episode... and who was Roslyn? Who was it that kidnapped Audrey. Many questions and an actual Colorado Kid question.who was it and where is he now?ok done for now.....lol.

stkmw02
09-22-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm expecting the third DVD from Season 1 in the mail on Monday. I am surprisingly obsessed with this show now!!

Bev Vincent
11-15-2012, 11:18 AM
One of my tweets was just retweeted by "Audrey Parker" actress Emily Rose. My day is complete. :cool2:

herbertwest
11-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Btw, HAVEN is renewed for a 4th season.z

mystima
11-16-2012, 08:03 PM
wow...Audrey has a handler ,her FBI boss was in 1955. now I wonder if she isn't the only one out there or if there aren't more towns like Haven.

mystima
05-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Just saw the episode "Reunion" I am guessing that Audrey's Handler has a way to get out of the barn or knows where the next stop is to get out and do what needs to be done to keep her in line?

allasorte
06-14-2013, 08:17 AM
I don't know. It seems they make anything King writes into a show. Mostly bad ideas though and bad shows.

Ari_Racing
01-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Haven has just been renewed for seasons 5 & 6. Information tweeted by Emily Rose and Eric Balfour

webstar1000
01-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Guys for real... this is filmed in my back year... literally (lunenburg, Nova Scotia.. Canada) and I have never watched it. Is is good?

Bev Vincent
01-28-2014, 11:49 AM
It's fun. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.

SYFY DOUBLES UP ON FAN-FAVORITE SERIES HAVEN ORDERING 26 NEW EPISODES - FIRST 13 EPISODES TO PREMIERE THIS FALL (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/28/haven-renewed-for-26-episode-fifth-season-by-syfy/232767/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter)

herbertwest
01-28-2014, 12:10 PM
It's kind of like X-Files in a small canadian town. Without aliens, but since the last season or two, with...

Garrell
01-28-2014, 01:06 PM
I love it

BountyHunter
02-10-2014, 02:38 AM
What I want to know is...

...is William gonna end up being Randall Flagg? The characters seem remarkably similar. And what's with the 'Revered Flagg' reference in the opening credits of every episode??? Hmmmmm....

Bev Vincent
06-30-2014, 03:20 AM
I got to spend a day on the set last week -- here's a shot from in front of Duke's place, which we got to tour. I'll write more about the day later, but it was a blast.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10353182_10152229082847483_6515214183726622482_n.j pg

dnemec
06-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Very cool, Bev!

Bev Vincent
07-02-2014, 06:11 AM
I posted a lengthy blog entry about our trip to Haven (http://www.bevvincent.com/2014/07/welcome-to-haven/). With pictures.

Bev Vincent
08-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Season 5 of Haven premieres Thursday, September 11 at 10/9 on SyFy.

Bev Vincent
08-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Season 5 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVC4jfbxJW8

herbertwest
08-13-2014, 09:57 AM
And apparently, according to a comic con promo, the season 4 comes on dvd/bluray on August 26... and, like it was the case last season, with another 16 pages comic book !
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-SDCC-CON-IDW-SYFY-HAVEN-POSTER-COLORADO-KID-STEPHEN-KING-COMIC-BOOK-PROMO-/351144319009?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:FR:3160

>>> http://metallife.com/syfys-haven-and-idw-unveil-exclusive-comic-book/

http://sdmetalcrew.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/idw_haven_comic.jpg

Robert Fulman
08-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Count me in. After four seasons, my wife still asks me, "Was this in the book?" Just like with recent developments with Under the Dome, I feel like if you're going to deviate from the source material, you might as well go as insane as possible.

Danish
08-20-2014, 03:52 PM
I might buy myself these two comics...hopefully thy can be obtained somewhere without having to buy the DVDs.

Bev Vincent
08-20-2014, 04:06 PM
They are quite small, both in page number but also in height and width.

Danish
08-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks, Bev, that makes me want them even more.

herbertwest
08-21-2014, 12:56 AM
The first one can be bought on ebay.
I am still looking for the second one (id like to avoid paying as much as the first one : 22$ shipping, so twice the actual comic), although scans would also do the trick...

stkmw02
08-25-2014, 04:12 AM
Finally got caught up on Season 4 and am eager for the new episodes. LOVE all the set visit info and pics, Bev!

Bev Vincent
08-25-2014, 06:43 AM
Finally got caught up on Season 4 and am eager for the new episodes. LOVE all the set visit info and pics, Bev!

You might be interested in these, too, then:

1) http://thestephenkingpodcast.libsyn.com/webpage - Bev joins us to talk about Haven as we talk about our thoughts on the series past seasons and the upcoming Season 5. Bev shares what he did on his summer vacation which included a set visit to Haven.

2) News from the Dead Zone -- Haven: Part 1 — What the hell kind of town is this? (http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/category/stephenkingnews/)

stkmw02
08-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Thanks! I will definitely check them out!!

Bev Vincent
09-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Season 5 debuts in the US this Thursday. Note that the time has been moved forward to 8/7C, although my DVR does not yet acknowledge this announced change.

Want to refresh your memory? Check out my last four posts at News from the Dead Zone (http://www.newsfromthedeadzone.com), where I recap Seasons 1-4.

stkmw02
09-08-2014, 03:39 AM
Any idea if the HuluPlus set up will be the same? Delayed release and web only?

Bev Vincent
09-08-2014, 03:53 AM
I don't know.

Bev Vincent
10-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Haven moves to Fridays at 7/6 Central starting this week in the US. In Canada, it will still air on Thursdays, but tonight will be a rerun so Syfy gets the first run.

Drake69
11-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but for SK lovers I was stunned no one else seems to be watching this show (or at least talked about it). Especially since they're started with the "CROATOAN" reference in North Carolina and the discovery of "thinnys" in different areas of Haven. Granted, it's NOTHING like the story it was supposed to be related to (Colorado Kid), but it's definitely heading into weird territory, almost along the lines of Dark Tower levels...

Bev Vincent
11-21-2014, 09:00 AM
William Shatner will recur in a four-episode Season 5 arc (http://tvline.com/2014/11/21/william-shatner-haven-season-5-recurring-role/) in “a seminal role,” as a pivotal character that has the potential to forever impact the fate of the town of Haven and its Troubled residents.

Bev Vincent
08-05-2015, 03:23 AM
New ‘Haven’ Promo Reveals October Return, Stormy Weather Ahead (http://www.thewrap.com/new-haven-promo-reveals-fall-return-stormy-weather-ahead-video/) (Video)

herbertwest
08-05-2015, 04:50 AM
Your link as an error. Here is the actual one
>>> http://www.thewrap.com/new-haven-promo-reveals-fall-return-stormy-weather-ahead-video/

That should be the final part of the serie, isnt it?

Bev Vincent
08-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Final part of Season 5, at least - it hasn't been canceled, nor has it been renewed. William Shatner will be in this season.

Dan
08-05-2015, 07:36 AM
My wife and I love this show. I've been looking forward to the start of the "new" season.

Bev Vincent
08-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Thursday, October 8th on SyFy

Bev Vincent
08-18-2015, 08:55 AM
Syfy Cancels ‘Haven’ After 5 Seasons: EP Promises ‘Satisfying’ Ending (http://www.thewrap.com/syfy-cancels-haven-after-5-seasons-ep-promises-satisfying-ending-exclusive/)

mikeC
08-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Syfy Cancels ‘Haven’ After 5 Seasons: EP Promises ‘Satisfying’ Ending (http://www.thewrap.com/syfy-cancels-haven-after-5-seasons-ep-promises-satisfying-ending-exclusive/)

Bummer. We were going to Nova Scotia next year too...

Bev Vincent
08-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Even if it hadn't been cancelled, there's a high probability it wouldn't have been filmed in NS any more because the provincial government drastically reduced the tax benefits given to film companies. But you can still visit a lot of the locations used for filming.

herbertwest
08-23-2015, 03:04 AM
I've read that on Lilja, but... unless if I am mistaken, I do not understand why it says that Haven is cancelled?
I was convinced that last year it was announced that there will be a final season 5, split in 2 times 13 episodes, therefore it's not cancelled but just reaching its end?

Bev Vincent
08-24-2015, 03:32 AM
It was never definitively stated that Season 5 would be the final season until just recently. The buy-in of 26 episodes seemed to indicate at the time a great deal of faith in the series.

herbertwest
08-24-2015, 09:33 AM
It was my understanding that it was planned for 5 seasons and the two parts serie was the final, but I must have misunderstood it. Thanks for the clarification.

webstar1000
08-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I live where this is filmed... Our FOOLISH government axed the film tax credit for the most part in the next budget. Not 3 months later Haven is gone.... among other films/shows/commercials in the area. A true shame.....

herbertwest
08-25-2015, 03:19 AM
From Liljas :

"Just spoke to Lloyd Segan and when I asked about Haven being cancelled and according to him it wasn’t cancelled. This was what David Howe (president of the network) and the rest of the team envisioned it all to end over a year ago. I asked him if they did get a chance to do an ending or if the show cancelled after they were done with the season and here is what he answered.

Indeed the show was not canceled. A misfortunate headline. But yes all planned for."

So I was right ;)

Bev Vincent
08-25-2015, 06:25 AM
Or it's a different spin. When I visited the set, they weren't talking about this being the end -- there was a genuine hope that the series would be picked up for S6.

webstar1000
08-25-2015, 07:33 AM
I do printing for them... the staff sure did not see this coming so I find it hard to believe this is what they wanted all along...

Bev Vincent
10-07-2015, 06:32 AM
Here's my synopsis of Season 5A (http://cemeterydanceonline.com/2015/10/stephen-king-news-from-the-dead-zone-183-haven-part-5a/) as a quick refresher for 5B, which launches with two episodes tomorrow night in the US. I'll have a pre-review of those episodes tomorrow.

Bev Vincent
01-16-2017, 10:20 AM
The final season is now available on Netflix.

mikeC
01-17-2017, 08:59 AM
Did the series have a true ending? Or was it rushed bc they didnt know they were getting cancelled?

Bev Vincent
01-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Did the series have a true ending? Or was it rushed bc they didnt know they were getting cancelled?

It has a true ending -- they were given plenty of advance notice to wrap it up. Plus the final four episodes feature William Shatner.

mikeC
01-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Thanks Bev.