PDA

View Full Version : Members/relative looking for job opportunities

herbertwest
06-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry if there is already something similar around...

What about creating a thread that would allow anyone to say that they're looking for a job offer in such field, or for "employers" to look for staff/ freelance suppliers?

I start :

A friend of mine, computer engineer in LosAngeles, is looking for a job. Unfortunately i dont have any CV, but only his email to share : blaise.gaillard@gmail.com
Can you please forward it to anyone that could help in LA?

Thanks in advance :couple:

Woofer
06-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I think this is an excellent idea - after all, it only takes a few moments to search the help wanted, right? I would've started it myself except that I am the one looking. :( Sorry that I am not in LA to help your friend.

herbertwest
06-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks anyway... Maybe someone else ?

what job are you looking for?

pathoftheturtle
06-09-2010, 07:51 AM
...Sorry that I am not in LA to help your friend.Well, I'm sorry that I'm not in LA to enjoy LA!
:lol: Sorry. Lately, there's employment probs all over... :(

ICry4Oy
06-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Federal gov't is hiring for computer jobs. Go to www.opm.gov (http://www.opm.gov) and follow the USAJOBS link.

Woofer
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm a senior-level technical writer, 20 years with 15 just on military technical manuals, mostly operations and maintenance, planned maintenance systems, instructional materials for teaching about the equipment. I work with engineers or Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create manuals from the ground up, including hands-on documentation of procedures.

I am adept at creating both electronic and hard copy versions. I am an expert at Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Word (all versions), Epic/Arbortext editor (4.3.1 - current), and authorPro.

I have an M.A., as well as advanced S1000D and Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) Level III training.

My resume is available, and I have a profile on Monster.com. My job email is S1000D.Tech.Writer@gmail.com.

By the way, I also taught English Composition 1 and 2, Remedial Writing, American Literature, and Public Speaking.

herbertwest
06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Good!
Put a link to your monster CV?
And what are you looking for?

Woofer
06-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I actually really love what I do, so I'd be quite happy moving into another tech writing job but one that paid better than this one. LOL! I get to learn about super-neat equipment, meet interesting people, and I really enjoy putting together the electronic versions.

In all my geekiness (http://my.monster.com/Resume/EditResume.aspx?ResumeValue=4nqe2ns5d82r7k7x).