PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King tours in Bangor

Ari_Racing
06-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Just received this email from Stu:

It seems that MSN didn't send the notice to everyone, so I will try it this way.

Starting the first of July (hopefully) we are launching Stephen King Tours of the Bangor (Derry) area. At this time it looks like it will be a 3 hour tour, I have purchased a Chrysler 7 passenger van with all wheel drive (for those nasty winter tours!) and hope to get the new web page up in a couple of weeks. The tour will hit about 25 key places and we will sell T-shirts and other memorabilia along with it. The new e-mail address of SK-Tours@msn.com is effective as of today. Wish me luck!!

Stu Tinker

Nerak
06-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Wicked! I hope to make it up there to take one someday!!! :excited::excited:

Pasiuk57
06-07-2010, 07:21 PM
If I am ever there I would go!

Sam
06-07-2010, 08:20 PM
I told my wife about this and her response was "When are we going?!?"

I'm hoping maybe in the fall.:thumbsup:

frik
06-07-2010, 11:20 PM
I was in Bangor last year - even visited Betts.
I doubt I'll be back (Betts was my Main(e) reason to go there), but if I will, I'll take the tour - definitely!

sk

CRinVA
06-08-2010, 04:55 AM
I think this is a direct offshoot of the IT Tour that the SKEMERS took every year they visited Bangor - I went twice myself. We visited places that included:

Stephen King's Home
The Field of Screams (Baseball Park that SK had built)
The Bangor Library (upgraded with SK & Tabatha Foundation)
The Sewer Grate (IT)
The Standpipe (IT)
The Birdbath (IT)
The Gazebo (Dead Zone)
Paul Bunyan Statue (IT)
The Barrens (IT)
Mount Hope Cemetery (Pet Semetary)
Bangor International Airport (The Langoliers)
Downtown Canal (IT)
Closed down factory near the river (Graveyard Shift)

And more that I can't remember! :-)

Here's hoping Stu does well in this new adventure!!!!!!!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-08-2010, 05:26 AM
I think this is a direct offshoot of the IT Tour that the SKEMERS took every year they visited Bangor - I went twice myself. We visited places that included:

[LIST]
Stephen King's Home

The King's never spend any time at that house anymore. They spend their time at Kezar lake when they are not in Florida.

Ari_Racing
06-08-2010, 06:53 AM
When I visited Bangor in July/August, 2008, when we reached SK house he was entering the house from the car.

So in summer you might be lucky enough :)

different_seasons
06-08-2010, 04:34 PM
You guys need to move closer to Bangor.:ninja:

herbertwest
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Pictures of what will probably be seen on the Tour (http://club.stephenking.free.fr/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=64)

Randall Flagg
01-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Tommyknockers Tour:
http://www.bangorcvb.org/content/4012/Stephen__Tabitha_King/

Randall Flagg
08-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Did this tour ever actually get started, and if so, is it still available?

surly
08-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Did this tour ever actually get started, and if so, is it still available?

http://www.sk-tours.com/

Still available and doing well; sounds like Stu has been pretty busy with tours this summer.

Randall Flagg
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
$39.95. Probably a good price.

Randall Flagg
06-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Tours are still going. Hit them this fall when the leaves turn.
http://www.sk-tours.com/
http://www.sk-tours.com/images/648_Van.jpg

mikeC
07-01-2014, 06:11 AM
I've been on this tour and it's excellent. Stu has some great stories that I've never heard before. $40 is pretty cheap considering that probably just covers the gas, since he drives very far distances on the tour.

The house where SK lived when he sold Carrie I think has been demolished. That was the neatest thing to me that Steve was poor and literally moved 2 blocks away to the famous house.

Highly recommended!

Robert Fulman
07-01-2014, 07:54 AM
The Main(e) problem with this tour is that Bangor is in the middle of nowhere. My company has an office in Lewiston, which is pretty far up there (2 hours north of Boston), and it's another two hours from Lewiston to Bangor.

carlosdetweiller
07-01-2014, 08:35 AM
The Main(e) problem with this tour is that Bangor is in the middle of nowhere. My company has an office in Lewiston, which is pretty far up there (2 hours north of Boston), and it's another two hours from Lewiston to Bangor.

We have a different perspective down here in the Texas Panhandle where things are really spread out. Most of us would think nothing of a four hour drive.....especially if it was to do something really cool.

biomieg
07-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Here in the Netherlands a four hour drive will take you literally anywhere in the whole country...

mikeC
07-01-2014, 10:46 AM
It was 90 minutes from Bar Harbor/Acadia so if you're up there it's definitely worth the drive.

Robert Fulman
07-01-2014, 10:52 AM

We have a different perspective down here in the Texas Panhandle where things are really spread out. Most of us would think nothing of a four hour drive.....especially if it was to do something really cool.
At one point I had a brother and sister who both lived in Texas, and it was hard to comprehend that there was an 8-hour drive separating them.