PDA

View Full Version : Continue the Story

arrawyn
05-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm not too sure if i should put this here (cuz it's kinda a game) or in Turtleback Lane cuz it has to do with writing. and i'm not too sure if a similar thread has already been started somewhere so if it has, I apologize and the mods can do whatever they want with this.

But I thought this could be fun.

What you do is someone starts the story (me, I guess!) by writing the first paragragh. and then it continues with each person writing another paragraph until the story comes to a conclusion. So I hope lots of people join in and we can maybe come out with a good, or silly, or funny, or scary or...whatever story! I apologize for any crappy punctuation - this was just a spur of the moment paragraph as i sat here. plus, it's still early in the morning lol

Here's the first paragraph:

At first there was only a harsh blinding light. The man squinted, his eyes narrow slits at first, then gradually, slowly, he opened his eyes. Pain seared through his head from the first morning sunlight shining over the water. The man blinked a few times, adjusting his eyes, and slowly sat up. He was looking out over a harbour. The sky was still etched with vivid swathes of bright pink from the sun still rising above the horizon. The man felt cold and damp. He slowly looked around, finally taking in the scenery around him. He was on the ground, on a small patch of grass, dewey from the early morning, in the middle of what seemed to be a harbourside promenade. Where am I? thought the man. But his next thought, the most important, was Who am I?