PDA

View Full Version : International purchasing and shipping help-Members assist each other

Pages : 1 2 [3]

peripheral
09-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Thought this belonged on this thread...

I just purchased a book from a UK seller (who I know well) and he sent me a "Transferwise" transaction request. Not sure if anyone's familiar with this (or apologies if it's been discussed on these boards before)? For international transactions, this seems to be far cheaper option than PayPal in two ways: The exchange rate it used between AUD and GBP was almost exactly the actual exchange rate (not reduced after PayPal, or a bank, takes a cut) and the fees are very low variable depending on your payment method (bank transfer versus credit card). on 500 pound transaction, I saved around $60AUD compared to what I would have paid. The seller was telling me that it's 6 - 8x cheaper for him to use Transferwise than PayPal. I haven't done the maths to see whether it's cheaper than a PayPal "Friends / Family" option for international purchases, but it may well be, given its generosity on the exchange rate.

Brian861
09-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Thought this belonged on this thread...

I just purchased a book from a UK seller (who I know well) and he sent me a "Transferwise" transaction request. Not sure if anyone's familiar with this (or apologies if it's been discussed on these boards before)? For international transactions, this seems to be far cheaper option than PayPal in two ways: The exchange rate it used between AUD and GBP was almost exactly the actual exchange rate (not reduced after PayPal, or a bank, takes a cut) and the fees are very low variable depending on your payment method (bank transfer versus credit card). on 500 pound transaction, I saved around $60AUD compared to what I would have paid. The seller was telling me that it's 6 - 8x cheaper for him to use Transferwise than PayPal. I haven't done the maths to see whether it's cheaper than a PayPal "Friends / Family" option for international purchases, but it may well be, given its generosity on the exchange rate.

It usually cost me a $2.99 US fee with I use F&F to pay Simon. I say Simon because he's the UK person I primarily deal with as far as F&F. I pay Jeff Whiley in the same way but not near as often. When purchasing from UK vendors of companies via PayPal (not F&F), I'm not charged that fee. I wonder if they eat that cost on their end.

Br!an
09-10-2018, 03:23 AM
When purchasing from UK vendors of companies via PayPal (not F&F), I'm not charged that fee. I wonder if they eat that cost on their end.

Yes, they do.

peripheral
09-10-2018, 12:47 PM
The savings seem to be at the exchange rate: The "actual" exchange rate for the AUD / GBP at the time was 0.546. Transferwise charged me 0.54 (actual exchange). PayPal was going to charge me 0.48 on the same transaction (criminal - 6c lower, per pound). Still, not sure if this trumps PayPal 'friends / fam' option, I'll have to look into it further, but online reviews seem to be lauding it over PayPal...

herbertwest
03-12-2019, 09:17 AM
I am VERY tempted to get 2 of the CLUES game with the IT licencing
> https://amzn.to/2XSD7Sf

Could anyone please help me? :)

Brian861
03-12-2019, 09:44 AM
I am VERY tempted to get 2 of the CLUES game with the IT licencing
> https://amzn.to/2XSD7Sf

Could anyone please help me? :)

Still need help with this, Jeremy?

herbertwest
03-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Yes please. I'll send you a DM

dnemec
04-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Hey all! I just found out that Blake Crouch's new book is being released as a UK S/L from Goldsboro. Anybody want to help a sister out? :biggrin:

Brian861
04-03-2019, 08:44 AM
Hey all! I just found out that Blake Crouch's new book is being released as a UK S/L from Goldsboro. Anybody want to help a sister out? :biggrin:

Dez. I've ordered from them directly without incident. The shipping is reasonable and the packaging is excellent.

dnemec
04-03-2019, 09:16 AM

Dez. I've ordered from them directly without incident. The shipping is reasonable and the packaging is excellent.

Huh, the author said it was UK purchase only, but I guess not since my order did indeed go through. Thanks a bunch, Brian!

Brian861
04-03-2019, 09:21 AM

Huh, the author said it was UK purchase only, but I guess not since my order did indeed go through. Thanks a bunch, Brian!

Most welcome! And it has sprayed edges :biggrin1:

Joe315
04-03-2019, 11:13 AM

Definitely not UK only. Order from them all the time.

willybusmc
04-03-2019, 12:27 PM
If anyone needs anything from Japan, feel free to shoot me a message.

Randall Flagg
04-03-2019, 01:03 PM
If anyone needs anything from Japan, feel free to shoot me a message.
Sashimi...?

willybusmc
04-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Sashimi...?

Haha I doubt it would make it safe, but I'll try anything once

Br!an
04-05-2019, 01:29 PM

:dance:

Thanks for the heads up, Dez! You're the one who got me reading/collecting him in the first place. :thumbsup:

I've ordered from them too. I just ordered this with no problem.

Cook
04-05-2019, 04:34 PM
I need help here... who's Blake Crouch?

Joe315
04-06-2019, 12:15 PM
I need help here... who's Blake Crouch?

He wrote the Wayward Pines trilogy, among other novels.

dnemec
04-07-2019, 04:44 AM

:dance:

Thanks for the heads up, Dez! You're the one who got me reading/collecting him in the first place. :thumbsup:

I've ordered from them too. I just ordered this with no problem.

That's cool! This one sounds interesting too. Glad to help you add to your addiction!!! :P

dnemec
08-28-2019, 06:58 AM
It appears that I have forgotten to request help getting a WH Smith purple copy of The Institute. Anyone care to help me out?

stroppygoblin
08-28-2019, 08:03 AM
It appears that I have forgotten to request help getting a WH Smith purple copy of The Institute. Anyone care to help me out?

Still Gotcha covered...

dnemec
08-28-2019, 08:23 AM

Still Gotcha covered...

Thanks, Simon! :heart:

Scoogs
09-02-2019, 11:55 AM
Looking for someone in the U.K. that can help me with a non-King book.

Thanks

Scoogs
09-28-2019, 02:57 PM
Looking for someone in the U.K. that can help me with a non-King book.

Thanks

Bump

herbertwest
10-20-2019, 02:59 AM
Does anyone know if they have the recent issue of the MAD magazine (with Pennywise on the cover) nearby?
And how much would be the shipping to France?

The only copies I can find online would cost me about $40 but I would have prefered to pay less for this, if possible

Thanks

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/05UAAOSw9gxdp-AW/s-l1600.jpg

herbertwest
10-27-2019, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if they have the recent issue of the MAD magazine (with Pennywise on the cover) nearby?
And how much would be the shipping to France?

The only copies I can find online would cost me about $40 but I would have prefered to pay less for this, if possible

Thanks

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/05UAAOSw9gxdp-AW/s-l1600.jpg

Up, thanks

surly
12-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Is anyone here a Zelle user? I might need some help.

jsmcmullen92
12-04-2019, 07:26 PM
I am. Anyone who has a bank account with Wells Fargo has access to Zelle through them

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

surly
12-05-2019, 09:26 AM
I am. Anyone who has a bank account with Wells Fargo has access to Zelle through them

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hey-
Thanks for replying. I was trying to figure out how to use it for a transaction, but i have since determined that both users need to have an account with US banks, which i don't - stupid Canadian banks.

dnemec
04-21-2020, 05:45 AM
I know I have been rather absent, but can anyone pick me up a UK 1st and W.H. Smith of If It Bleeds? Purdy please? :D

Hunchback Jack
04-21-2020, 09:22 AM
I know I have been rather absent, but can anyone pick me up a UK 1st and W.H. Smith of If It Bleeds? Purdy please? :D

Same request from me, please? Due to COVID shipping restrictions, they are not available for overseas orders.

Please PM me if you can help.

Brian861
04-21-2020, 11:31 AM

Same request from me, please? Due to COVID shipping restrictions, they are not available for overseas orders.

Is that true of Book Depository, Peter? You can't get the WHSmith there but should be able to get the trade edition.

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-21-2020, 02:48 PM
I have a few IF IT BLEEDS coming from The Book Depository, including an international edition. I got a notice saying one of them is on its way, but those don't always pan out.
I'm on the lookout for the W.H. Smith edition too.

Brian861
04-21-2020, 02:54 PM
I have a few IF IT BLEEDS coming from The Book Depository, including an international edition. I got a notice saying one of them is on its way, but those don't always pan out.

Is the international the PB, Steve?

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-21-2020, 04:02 PM

No, I think it's a hardcover, Export Edition, sorry, I should have looked at my notes! Have 4 coming; paperback, large print, hardcover and Scribner Export Edition. I just took a chance and ordered them all.

Hunchback Jack
04-22-2020, 02:34 AM

Is that true of Book Depository, Peter? You can't get the WHSmith there but should be able to get the trade edition.

Thanks for suggesting this, Brian! I looked yesterday and it said it was "Out of Stock due to high demand", but it looks like it's available now. I hope I get a first printing.

Still hoping to pick up the WHSmith edition from someone here, in preference to eBay ...

Brian861
04-22-2020, 12:24 PM

No, I think it's a hardcover, Export Edition, sorry, I should have looked at my notes! Have 4 coming; paperback, large print, hardcover and Scribner Export Edition. I just took a chance and ordered them all.

Gotcha. I believe you usually get the UK Airport edition and Australian edition from folks here.

Thanks for suggesting this, Brian! I looked yesterday and it said it was "Out of Stock due to high demand", but it looks like it's available now. I hope I get a first printing.

Still hoping to pick up the WHSmith edition from someone here, in preference to eBay ...

Most welcome! Hope if works out for you. Steve is the expert but I believe you can preorder from them also. So you'll be ready next time.

Hunchback Jack
04-22-2020, 01:17 PM
I didn't preorder because I'm a cheapskate :). The price often goes down on release day.

Brian861
04-22-2020, 01:26 PM
I didn't preorder because I'm a cheapskate :). The price often goes down on release day.

Gotcha.

andyg75
04-23-2020, 10:29 AM

I’ve got some spares, so drop me a pm and I’ll get one of each packed up for you

andyg75
04-23-2020, 10:30 AM

I’ve got some spares, so drop me a pm and I’ll get one of each packed up for you

peripheral
04-23-2020, 08:25 PM
Hey guys, there appears to be a paperback variant of the purple WH Smith Collector's edition being released here in Australia soon. The book itself is listed as cheap, but shipping won't be so cheap from Australia. PM me if you want me to sort a copy for you and I'll see what I can do under Covid lockdown conditions... :)

Joe315
08-03-2020, 08:54 AM
UK members, are there any import fees/taxes/tarrifs/VAT for books? Had this question from a potential ebay buyer. From what I could find, books are supposed to be exempt from any import costs.

Curly
08-03-2020, 09:22 AM
UK members, are there any import fees/taxes/tarrifs/VAT for books? Had this question from a potential ebay buyer. From what I could find, books are supposed to be exempt from any import costs.

No import taxes or VAT on books in the UK. (Printed Papers)

herbertwest
08-03-2020, 10:30 AM
So far.
Wait til the end of brexit

Joe315
08-03-2020, 11:17 AM

Thanks.

Brian861
08-04-2020, 08:51 AM

It seems Australia sure does get nailed. Speaking to a gentleman there about a purchase and it's crazy the amount of money he could potentially have to pay in taxes, etc.

herbertwest
08-09-2020, 01:32 PM
NEED HELP

Can someone in the USA please recieve a book for me (probably next month or october) and forward it to me in France? :)

Randall Flagg
08-09-2020, 01:34 PM
Sure.
Might be cheaper if you get east coast help.

herbertwest
08-09-2020, 01:39 PM
Done, thank you :)

Ari_Racing
08-14-2020, 11:04 AM
I'm trying to order Grisham's upcoming signed book but the bookstore doesn't accept orders with CCs from outside USA. If anyone could purchase it for me (shipping is to Miami) I'd appreciate it a lot. I can pay via PayPal.

https://www.lemuriabooks.com/A-Time-for-Mercy-John-Grisham-p/9780385545969.htm

Ari_Racing
08-14-2020, 11:19 AM
Got help already! :)

Roseannebarr
08-14-2020, 01:31 PM

did you ask me? I use my wifes facebook account and she locked me out of messenger. :)

I love everyone one of his books.

bdwyer19
08-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Glad you got help already. Thanks for that link though... I’ll be buying a signed copy as well.

Ari_Racing
08-14-2020, 02:10 PM

did you ask me? I use my wifes facebook account and she locked me out of messenger. :)

I love everyone one of his books.

I didn't bother you on Facebook...yet. :D

Thanks to everyone who offered to help! :)

Brian861
08-14-2020, 03:57 PM
I'm trying to order Grisham's upcoming signed book but the bookstore doesn't accept orders with CCs from outside USA. If anyone could purchase it for me (shipping is to Miami) I'd appreciate it a lot. I can pay via PayPal.

https://www.lemuriabooks.com/A-Time-for-Mercy-John-Grisham-p/9780385545969.htm

Ari. Have you tried using a PayPal debt card? I've had success with that with international purchases that don't accept PayPal outright. My bank doesn't allow for international transactions.

Ari_Racing
08-14-2020, 04:01 PM
Actually, I never tried that. Gotta check it out :)
Thanks!

Brian861
08-14-2020, 04:06 PM
Actually, I never tried that. Gotta check it out :)
Thanks!

Most welcome. I don't use CC's and my bank will not make any exceptions for international debt card transactions. For good reason I suppose. So I discovered the PayPal debt card workaround :) I was always under the impression that CC's could be used worldwide though. Visa, MC, etc.

TnTzDad
08-26-2020, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to transfer a fairly large amount on PP F/F to Canada (CAD) but my "preferred payment option isn't available". I'm being hit with a ridicuolous transfer fee. Has anyone else had this happen? How else can I suggest to tranfer the money, but without the seller having to pay a currency transfer fee? He's fallen on hard times and is selling a book to make ends meet.

Joe315
08-26-2020, 03:55 PM
Does the transfer fee exist if you pay regularly (not f&f)?

TnTzDad
08-26-2020, 04:11 PM
Yes. Actually no, the fee isn't there paying as a transaction. But it's a wash with the 2.9% transaction fee to get him the asking price. I was asked by someone else if I had funds to cover it in my account and I more than do. Is it because of my number of recent transfers?

Joe315
08-26-2020, 04:20 PM
I don't know the answer to the transfer question but don't you as the payer, pay the 2.9% normally to transfer via f&f? If thats the case just add 2.9% to your transfer and bingo bango, sale done.

Nevermind, I see that its supposed to be free with checking account but not with credit or debit card.

TnTzDad
08-26-2020, 04:31 PM
I called PP. They say it's because the recipient's PP account isn't verified. True, I can increase to account for the 2.9%, and have added piece of mind, but he's a long-time, trusted collector...just doesn't have a verified account. There should be no need for anything more than a $4.99 charge on my end.

herbertwest
08-27-2020, 12:37 AM
If the seller is a long time, trusted collector, have you considered sending money via an IBAN transfer?

stroppygoblin
08-27-2020, 03:25 AM
I recently used Western Union to send some money to my Brother in Law in Australia. It was done via bank transfer with zero transfer fees and a rate almost identical with the interbank transfer rate (so almost zero currency conversion cost).

I also use Revolut (which also is zero cost and interbank rate) but that requires the recipient to have a Revolut account

TnTzDad
08-27-2020, 08:05 AM
Turns out he is fully verified. I did a mock transfer to two other international contacts with only a $4.99 fee. He has a buddy that did a mock transfer to him and got the same minimal fee. I sent the money to his buddy to send to him. There was a glitch that couldn't be explained.

RC65
07-20-2021, 09:51 AM
There’s a signed book that Waterstones only offers as a Click and Collect (in person in-store) — site says the signed edition is Sold Out for on-line ordering— but it looks like many locations have it in stock. Is by chance anyone in the UK planning on a Waterstones visit sometime soon…?

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-final-girl-support-group/grady-hendrix/9781789099126

EDIT: Sorry, please ignore…I just checked the author’s Events page, and it looks like he’s hitting a few bookstores (here in the States), so I’ll just pick up a signed copy that way. It won’t have the cool black edgestain, but that’s okay.

dnemec
07-23-2021, 07:40 AM
There’s a signed book that Waterstones only offers as a Click and Collect (in person in-store) — site says the signed edition is Sold Out for on-line ordering— but it looks like many locations have it in stock. Is by chance anyone in the UK planning on a Waterstones visit sometime soon…?

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-final-girl-support-group/grady-hendrix/9781789099126

EDIT: Sorry, please ignore…I just checked the author’s Events page, and it looks like he’s hitting a few bookstores (here in the States), so I’ll just pick up a signed copy that way. It won’t have the cool black edgestain, but that’s okay.

Bought one of these from Forbidden Planet with the cool black edges, and they ship to the US. Look here!!!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/326746-the-final-girl-support-group-forbidden-planet-exclusive-signed-edition-hardcover/

RC65
07-28-2021, 07:18 PM

Bought one of these from Forbidden Planet with the cool black edges, and they ship to the US. Look here!!!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/326746-the-final-girl-support-group-forbidden-planet-exclusive-signed-edition-hardcover/

Damn, I was all excited since the signed U.S. copies I’ve run across have unfortunately been bookplate signatures from virtual events…but Forbidden Planet says their copies are no longer available. :-(

It kills me that edgestained signed copies are, according to the Waterstones site, just sitting there in multiple stores…but they won’t ship ‘em.

EDIT: So I guess my original request still stands…if anybody happens to be planning a trip to Waterstone’s in the near future, let me know. Thanks.

EDIT 2.0 — 8/3/21. I ended up grabbing a copy off eBay, so ignore the above request, as I’m covered now.

cit74
09-06-2021, 04:54 PM
Does anyone live in Illinois or Wisconsin? This is not book related - I just want to buy a pair of flip flops at this shoe store - Rogans Shoes. Apparently the ones I want are at two locations - one in each state. But for some reason these stores will not ship out of state. I even called their online store and these particular shoes are in store only on website and will not ship them...WTF - in this day and age they won't ship out of their state ???
They are like $40 pair of shoes that are several years old, they have 1 in stock at each store and they still won't ship them...so if anyone can help out please send a PM
Thanks

Br!an
09-07-2021, 01:39 PM
Does anyone live in Illinois or Wisconsin? This is not book related - I just want to buy a pair of flip flops at this shoe store - Rogans Shoes. Apparently the ones I want are at two locations - one in each state. But for some reason these stores will not ship out of state. I even called their online store and these particular shoes are in store only on website and will not ship them...WTF - in this day and age they won't ship out of their state ???
They are like $40 pair of shoes that are several years old, they have 1 in stock at each store and they still won't ship them...so if anyone can help out please send a PM
Thanks

You can use a service like a UPS store to transship for you. You'll have to set it up with them in advance. They charge a "reasonable" fee for the service.

bdwyer19
09-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Thanks

I live near a Rogan’s so I could stop there, but it wouldn’t be until next week. PM me the details.

Scoogs
09-07-2021, 06:41 PM
Thanks

I live near a Rogan’s so I could stop there, but it wouldn’t be until next week. PM me the details.

Likewise, I also live near a Rogan's.
If he's not able to help you out, let me know.

cit74
09-07-2021, 07:51 PM
Thanks for everyones willingness to help...even for a pair of shoes. Gotta love this group.

I think I am good for now. This was harder for me to find then Joyland all those years back :)

averagegatsby
09-08-2021, 11:14 AM
I'm very sorry to spam this thread, but I've searched the forum and I think this might be the best place to ask a question I have. I am based in the UK and would like to purchase a book from the Thornwillow Press. Is anyone aware of how much duty/import tax would have to paid or whether books are exempt?

herbertwest
09-08-2021, 11:24 AM
I remember someone in the UK telling me a few weeks ago, that books were exempt of import tax.
But I could be wrong, so someone else should chip in

averagegatsby
09-08-2021, 11:29 AM
That sounds promising - I'll wait to see what others say. Thank you very much for your input :)

herbertwest
09-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Perfect timing : I was sorting out some posts I saved on social media, and someone posted that same question on Facebook.

Here is the link, it's in the Suntup group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/427078627977561/posts/803264277025659/

Hi All - hoping that someone from the UK can give me some info on whether they are being charged VAT on the books when they arrive please? I’ve been charged 20% of the value of the product on a couple of things in the last 2 weeks and since I have Lettered books coming, I am hugely concerned.

And among the 14 replies it got, I quickly went through them, and about 10 or so people said that there isn't VAT on books in the UK.
The other replies were mostly about how people were accidentally charged for it an complained about it, and got it fixed. Something like this

averagegatsby
09-08-2021, 12:56 PM
Perfect! Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention - it's definitely answered my question and I can purchase without any hesitation. Thanks again for all your help.

herbertwest
09-15-2021, 11:15 AM
Anybody in the USA able to help?

I talked to an ebay seller, that will be gone this weekend for 10 days out of the country. And he won't send outside of the USA.
Anybody willing to recieve a small package and forward it to me, in France?

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-15-2021, 11:26 AM
I will if no one better volunteers.

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-18-2021, 11:24 AM
Jeremy, please delete some messages, your INBOX is full.

Anubis2347
09-19-2021, 04:14 AM
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to help me purchase a book in the UK.

I am US based and the bookstore won't ship to me.

Please reach out to me at Sirfolio16@hotmail.com if you are willing to help me out.

Thank you.

Scoogs
09-21-2021, 05:44 PM
Does Waterstone's do a decent job packing orders sent to the US?

Randall Flagg
09-21-2021, 06:45 PM
Not consistently.

ICry4Oy
09-21-2021, 07:24 PM

They used a cardboard sleeve when I ordered from them. Book was trashed. Took two more tries to get a good copy.

Scoogs
09-21-2021, 08:07 PM
Not consistently.

They used a cardboard sleeve when I ordered from them. Book was trashed. Took two more tries to get a good copy.

Thanks, sounds like I won't be ordering direct.
If anyone near a Waterstones can help me out, please let me know.

Hunchback Jack
09-22-2021, 04:10 PM
I have had generally good luck with Waterstone's but more despite their packing than because of it. The cardboard sleeve does little to protect the book, but usually it does enough.

HBJ

herbertwest
09-29-2021, 09:41 AM
Am guessing that it's related to GDPR, but today, Abebooks now tells me that that orders of 150 euros or more, from outside the EU, cannot be sent to France.
What a load of BS !!

herbertwest
09-29-2021, 09:44 AM
Is it the same for UK buyers or from other european countries?

Scoogs
10-11-2021, 12:15 PM

Bumping this request.

T-Dogz_AK47
10-11-2021, 12:42 PM

Bumping this request.

Yeah, I may be able to help. What's the MO brother? :cool:

herbertwest
10-17-2021, 08:24 AM
I am interested in something from the UK, via ebay. But the product page says that the seller cannot send to France.
Waiting for a reply from the seller, but if someone may be able to help, it would be appreciated, thanks :)

herbertwest
10-18-2021, 12:29 AM
edit : not needed anymore, found another copy, from an american seller this time

craigobau
01-15-2022, 05:59 AM
I’m trying to purchase Richard Chizmar’s Girl On The Porch ebook from Subterranean Press, however, it looks like it can only be purchased in the US, and I’m in the UK.

Would someone be open to me PayPal-ing them the $5 for the book, purchasing it, and then emailing me the files?

Thanks.

Br!an
01-16-2022, 07:48 AM
I’m trying to purchase Richard Chizmar’s Girl On The Porch ebook from Subterranean Press, however, it looks like it can only be purchased in the US, and I’m in the UK.

Would someone be open to me PayPal-ing them the $5 for the book, purchasing it, and then emailing me the files?

Thanks.

I don't mind doing it.

craigobau
01-17-2022, 06:26 AM

Thanks.

I don't mind doing it.

Many thanks to Br!an for helping me out.

Br!an
01-17-2022, 02:31 PM

Thanks.

I don't mind doing it.

Many thanks to Br!an for helping me out.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy :wtf:

dnemec
07-27-2022, 06:11 AM
Hey all! Anyone across the pond care to help me out with a WH Smith/purple Fairy Tale? Thanks!!!

Mizdring
07-29-2022, 06:51 AM
I’d be happy to help out, I’m in the UK. Not sure if I can get PMs though as I’m only on 5 posts!

dnemec
08-07-2022, 10:19 AM
I’d be happy to help out, I’m in the UK. Not sure if I can get PMs though as I’m only on 5 posts!

Thank you, thank you! Sending a PM!!

Ari_Racing
10-05-2022, 08:43 PM
I'm trying to find a place online to buy this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci7wKmOO_0h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Anyone know of a website that might have it?

Alec
10-05-2022, 10:22 PM
bestcraftbeer.co.za

Good luck!!

Ari_Racing
10-12-2022, 07:31 AM
Thanks!

The Library Policeman
11-04-2022, 02:04 AM
Any kind soul in the US of A grab me one of the Fairy Tale special editions from Simon & Schuster and ship it over to the UK for me? I will of course pay ALL costs.

Thanks!

Brian861
11-04-2022, 08:37 AM
Any kind soul in the US of A grab me one of the Fairy Tale special editions from Simon & Schuster and ship it over to the UK for me? I will of course pay ALL costs.

Thanks!

Alan, I will try and grab you a copy if still needed.

Mizdring
12-15-2022, 03:43 AM
Hi all, I want to get the Centipede Long Walk but the shipping to the UK is exorbitant ($70 on a $95 book). Can anyone help out? I’m not sure what postage would be but surely it can’t be as much as that?

Br!an
12-15-2022, 04:52 AM
Hi all, I want to get the Centipede Long Walk but the shipping to the UK is exorbitant ($70 on a $95 book). Can anyone help out? I’m not sure what postage would be but surely it can’t be as much as that?

PM sent.

The Library Policeman
12-15-2022, 06:23 AM

This is why I never ordered the slipcased version - shipping was $90 to UK.

Br!an
12-16-2022, 02:36 AM
I can estimate it if I have your address.

Brian

jwilkinson01
12-21-2022, 09:51 AM
This is not SK related, but I wanted to order some Cure concert shirts but they only ship to the UK. Can someone help me get these to the states?

Thanks
Jason

averagegatsby
12-21-2022, 12:32 PM
This is not SK related, but I wanted to order some Cure concert shirts but they only ship to the UK. Can someone help me get these to the states?

Thanks
Jason

Hey, I'm UK based - feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help.

Scoogs
11-06-2023, 07:39 AM
Looking for help getting a book from Waterstones.
I know they ship to the US, but don't want to risk damage to the book.

craigobau
11-06-2023, 01:10 PM
Looking for help getting a book from Waterstones.
I know they ship to the US, but don't want to risk damage to the book.

Happy to help if you want to DM me.

averagegatsby
04-30-2024, 02:10 AM
I was hoping to get some advice. I'd like to purchase a set of books from the US to the UK which weights approximately 3.5kg. I've been quoted shipping at $350. Are other members able to share which couriers they have used in the past and how much it approximately cost?

herbertwest
04-30-2024, 02:32 AM
Do you have the postcode from tbe seller?
Try checking the prices on ebay shipping (it checks the prices of several shipping options but requires a vague extimate of the box size) : https://expeditions.ebay.fr/private