PDA

View Full Version : Donation wall image discussion

Matt
04-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Ever since the close of last years Fund Raiser we have had our donation wall on the home page of the site. Obviously, this year we will need another one. :rock:

I know we have some great image talent out there so I am willing to give 3 entries to be used in any of our giveaways. Anyone who submits an image will be given 1 entry.

I know we have some amazing talent this year so I'm hoping we can come up with something cool. The walls from past years have been serious works of art and I love having them on the home page.

Criteria:

Create an image that can be populated with the names of all our contributors this year. Basically a blank slate.
The "Wall" image can be of any variety. Brick, Stone, mesh...whatever. As long as the names can be seen
No need to use our logo or banner image on the wall as our Home Page already displays it
Be creative
I'll submit the names to the winner once they are collected so they can be added.

Rules:

Wall image must be PM'd to Matt by 4/10/10

I will upload it to the gallery, it will take care of size

A poll will be set up in this forum to vote on them.
The winning image will be used

I would really appreciate anyone who has image expertise to give this a try, obviously this is a totally digital venture. :grouphug:

Here is an example of the one dotKey did for us last year, it was really cool.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/dotKay/Copia-de-donation-project.jpg

Matt
04-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Also...if you submitted an image in any of the previous years and would like to put it back in the hat, go for it!

I know Gretchen created an amazing image last year that just barely lost, I loved it. :wub:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-03-2010, 12:00 AM
I like last years.

turtlex
04-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Oh, I can't wait.
There were so many cool entries last year.
We're lucky to have so many talented members.
:grouphug:

alinda
04-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Hmmmm, I wass thinking a pic of Uncle Steve but now
I can't imagine a photo that would meet criteria.:nope:

Patrick
04-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Matt, can you post the donation wall from 2008 as well?

I have no recollection what it looked it, but it might be another good example.

Matt
04-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Sure Patrick, I'll find it tonight.

I went back to the archive thread for the fundraiser that year and there is a pic of a pretty girl there now. :wtf:

Matt
04-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Here it is! :clap:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/donationwall.jpg

Ricky
04-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Next to dotkay's one from last year, mine looks like it was trampled by a smoke monster.

Patrick
04-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks, Matt!

Ricky, don't sell yourself short, they are both good.

Sure Patrick, I'll find it tonight.

I went back to the archive thread for the fundraiser that year and there is a pic of a pretty girl there now. :wtf:
So post that too! :D

Lily-sai
04-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Ooh! What a shame that my laptop has crashed down (again), so I'm not sure if I can produce anything for this contest, but most definitely will at least try! :)

Matt
04-05-2010, 09:37 PM
I can extend if you need Lily. We have not had much response and its really important to get a great image for it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. :excited:

Lily-sai
04-06-2010, 04:39 AM
Aw, thank you, Matt. Will keep you posted how I'm doing.
:couple:

Woofer
04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Yes, please extend it. This is only the first chance I've had (and remembered!) to look at this thread.

How about this wall?

http://earbuds.popdose.com/ben/live.jpg

Matt
04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Extended it shall be. Anyone who is even trying let me know if you want to be entered into any of the giveaway's left.

AsylumWitch
04-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Oooh, I'm in! I was working on a DT piece and maybe I can modify it for this.

How fun!:excited:

Matt
04-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Sweet!

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Matt
04-14-2010, 07:34 AM
I have gotten several good entries for this :clap:

I am going to wait until May 1st to start the voting, hopefully we will get a few more.

Matt
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
The poll for this contest will be starting tomorrow. Hope everyone will come in and vote on the cool entries we have. :nana: