PDA

View Full Version : All things Law & Order

Merlin1958
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Did anyone catch the latest SVU episode with all the "Babes" (Jaclyn Smith & Ann margaret to name two) and think, "Ok, now they have officially run out of decent Law & order type stories? Maybe its just me but that episode was sooooo bad (as was the acting IMHO) that I just thought, "That's a wrap"!

I actually started laughing out loud when they brought in (ending scene) Dave Bowman (Kier Dullea, 2001: A Space Oddyseus) as the missing "Cal" and Jaclyn confessed her undying love. C'MON!!!!!

It's sad I used to really enjoy that show, but now its gone to Tivo Heaven on my dish!! LOL :rofl:

Rest in Peace!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Thoughts anyone?

flaggwalkstheline
04-02-2010, 01:33 PM
procedural cop/doctor shows are all the same and with rare exceptions (scrubs and the wire) they all suck ass:thumbsup:

Merlin1958
04-02-2010, 02:02 PM
procedural cop/doctor shows are all the same and with rare exceptions (scrubs and the wire) they all suck ass:thumbsup:

LOL True, but sometimes you need a break from trying to figure out what the freaking island is and why MIB wants to get off it!!!

:wtf::wtf:

DoctorDodge
04-02-2010, 02:18 PM
procedural cop/doctor shows are all the same and with rare exceptions (scrubs and the wire and the original mega awesome Life on Mars) they all suck ass:thumbsup:

There, just thought I'd edit it for ya to remind people of the greatness that is Gene Hunt!

Sam
04-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I believe it was Robert Newman who played Cal all the way through the program.

One thing I noticed was there were a lot of soap opera stars in it (my wife informed me of everyone and who their character was), and I think the entire show took on a very soap operaish feel. It wasn't my favorite, but I also thought it was ok. As for SVU, it's been consistently one of my favorites. The characters are interesting, and the cases have always been at least interesting enough to keep my interest and often much more. Sometimes even the writers need a bit of a break (not to write poorly, just to write the odd case), especially with a show like SVU that will never have a "comedic" show to break the constant tension.

Merlin1958
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Sam;500022]I believe it was Robert Newman who played Cal all the way through the program.[QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant that at the end of the show he looked like Dave Bowman (Kier Dullea) at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey. At least that was the immediate hit I got and it cracked me up. Of course, to each his own though. It just got me riled enough to post!! LOL

Bev Vincent
04-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't know why I continue to watch SVU, but I do. It's campy and melodramatic and many episodes play out like extended Public Service Announcements. I'm a big fan of Criminal Intent (though what happens this season isn't making me happy) and the original franchise is going well this season. Every now and then SVU hits one out of the park, but for the most part it's pretty lame. Definitely the weakest of the bunch.

Bev Vincent
04-02-2010, 02:42 PM
There, just thought I'd edit it for ya to remind people of the greatness that is Gene Hunt!

Speaking of Gene Gene Genie, Ashes to Ashes returns in the UK today, I think. Do you follow "Gene" on twitter? He's hilarious.

DoctorDodge
04-02-2010, 03:12 PM

Speaking of Gene Gene Genie, Ashes to Ashes returns in the UK today, I think. Do you follow "Gene" on twitter? He's hilarious.

Already returned, Bev. Have you watched the 2nd series yet? Still believe it's better than the first, and almost as good as Life on Mars. Not as much as Children of Earth is compared to Torchwood: Series One, but still a huge improvement!

Ricky
04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
LOL True, but sometimes you need a break from trying to figure out what the freaking island is and why MIB wants to get off it!!!

That is totally true! :rofl:

That's why I balance it with comedies like 30 Rock and The Offiice.

flaggwalkstheline
04-02-2010, 05:40 PM

:wtf::wtf:

touche

Bev Vincent
04-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Already returned, Bev. Have you watched the 2nd series yet? Still believe it's better than the first, and almost as good as Life on Mars. Not as much as Children of Earth is compared to Torchwood: Series One, but still a huge improvement!

I did watch the second series. I'd given up on A2A after the first few episodes--I didn't think it held up well compared to LoM, but I was encouraged to give it a second try, so I did and made it all the way through to the end.

turtlex
04-03-2010, 06:40 AM
I'm going to kindly disagree with you all here.

I love SVU and have been a fan since the first season.

However, you should know - I believe both Mariska and Chris have only a one more year agreement to do the series. And, since she's the highest paid actress on television - return on investment might be the thing that brings the series down ( even more than the sometimes cheesy storylines ).

Sincerley, though - I think Elliot/Olivia is one of the best and most interesting coupling on television. They have amazing chemistry.

Merlin1958
04-03-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm going to kindly disagree with you all here.

I love SVU and have been a fan since the first season.

However, you should know - I believe both Mariska and Chris have only a one more year agreement to do the series. And, since she's the highest paid actress on television - return on investment might be the thing that brings the series down ( even more than the sometimes cheesy storylines ).

Sincerley, though - I think Elliot/Olivia is one of the best and most interesting coupling on television. They have amazing chemistry.

Hey I agree with eberything you said Pam. It has always been a staple for me too. Just that episode (and a few other clunkers) got me wondering if maybe its time Olivia & Stabler left the building. All good things eventually come to an end, unfortunately.

turtlex
04-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Well, I do agree that some episodes are heavy on the cheese, without a doubt - but I think they still have some good episodes left.

L&O:SVU - is a virtual clearing house for Guest Emmy nominations... and honestly, they seem to KNOW how to have fun with guest appearances. Sometimes they work ( NOTHING can touch Ellen Bustryn as Elliot's Mother - and that was only last season, I think - She won the Guest Appearance Emmy ) and sometimes they don't work ( um, Carol Burnett, it's time to retire ).

Sharon Stone has a four episode arc coming up that is either gonna be great, or unfortunately, it's gonna stink. I'm not sure she can translate to the television medium.

turtlex
05-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Big caveat here ... I love me the L&O:SVU. It's one of my favorite shows ... I think the chemistry between Chris and Mariska is just wonderful, and they're both very talented actors. I don't feel this show has jumped the shark, not yet anyways .....

However - I am fairly sure that Sharon Stone could not be a worse actress in this part if she tried. I mean, she is horrible.

Bev Vincent
05-16-2010, 06:49 AM
Oh, man, is she ever terrible.

And I can't believe they cancelled the mothership series before this one.

Spencer
05-21-2010, 10:26 AM
I recorded the 9PM episode thinking it was the finale, and missed the actual finale at 10. <_<

Sam
05-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Sorry you missed it dude. It was a powerful and emotional one.

turtlex
05-22-2010, 05:34 AM
I recorded the 9PM episode thinking it was the finale, and missed the actual finale at 10. <_<

It will be repeated, tonight ( Saturday ) at 10pm on NBC.

Since I work really early mornings, I have to catch SVU on the Saturday repeat.

Good luck in catching it.

Though I've already "spoiled" it for myself ( come on, people, I cannot wait !!! instant gratification takes too long ) ... I cannot wait to see it.

turtlex
05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Hey the USA cable channel is doing a Star Spangled Marathon this weekend, starting at 4pm Eastern Time - all the SVU episodes that featured a famous guest star.

Should be fun ...

turtlex
08-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Creative Arts Emmy Awards were last night - Congrats to Ann-Margret for her SVU WIN !!!

Best Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Ann-Margret, "Law & Order: SVU" (she receives the only standing ovation of the night)

Merlin1958
08-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Can't argue with Ann Margaret!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Mattrick
08-23-2010, 01:12 PM

Scrubs is awful. It tries way too hard.

And as for Law and Order...people still watch that tripe?

jhanic
08-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes, there are lots of us watching that show. I agree that at times SVU is fairly unbelievable, but I've spent enough time around the law enforcement community that most of the plot-lines are not that far out. Look at the fairly recent events here in Cleveland, where a man has been found to have a total of 11 bodies of females in and around his home, many more than a few years old. His lawyers are now planning an insanity plea. Sounds like straight out of an SVU episode, doesn't it?

John

Mattrick
08-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, I don't mean about the unrealism and if I had to pick a Law and Order show to watch it would be SVU. It's the most decent of the lot. But still, there really aren't any ongoing plotlines and make you want to see the next episode. Each episode is primarily it's own plotline who is resolved at the end. These types of shows have been popular for years. I need something more to a show to keep me interested. You could probably take an episode from each season and watch them all at the same time and you wouldn't lose much. Try doing that with Lost or Dexter :P

Oh and I had to endure several episodes of Law and Order: CI which now has Jeff Goldbum on it recently. That guy cannot play a cop for the life of him. Each episode contained a very unrealistic 5 minute breakdown of solving the crime, often in which every police protocol is broken. By the end of Jeff Goldblums monologue about how he figured it out, you're just glad the credits are rolling.

jhanic
08-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I agree wholeheartedly about Jeff Goldblum's detective character. I'm finding that I'm even skipping the new episodes. I'd much rather watch the early Robert Goren episodes by far. Even the later ones in which he's gained a lot of weight aren't as good as those early ones.

I like the episodic form of the series. Sometimes I just can't fit in successive shows into my schedule, and after missing one of a series, I just don't want to continue watching. If I miss an episode of Law & Order or The Closer (another of my favorites), I don't have to worry about what happened in that show to enjoy those that follow.

John

Mattrick
08-23-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm all about the serial drama. I want to see my characters grow and evolve overtime. Even if the plots to each episode are idiosyncratic, at least have extended character conflictions which go over the course of the show. Some episodes may contain crimes that affect a character. Maybe have plotlines between cast members, romantic entanglement, animosity...something. But whenever I watch these shows, the actors don't really seem to be acting. They are just delivering their lines until the show ends. It's as if their direction is so simplistic like; you're the tough cop, you're the introspective cop, you're the by the book lieutenant and so forth.

Merlin1958
08-23-2010, 06:52 PM

I'm with jhanic, there are alot of folks out there that still enjoy this stuff and the L&O franchises are top-notch. I used to love SVU, but sometimes I think its time for it to go it had its run.

Then they go and do a decent show!!!

Can't beat a good old fashion Cop Show!!!!!!

:shoot::shoot::shoot:

Merlin1958
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Try doing that with Lost or Dexter :P

Not get off track, but "Lost" was "such a disappointment I feel like I wasted six years of my life". You wanna talk about "tripe"? That ended up being the definition, IMHO.

I was still kinda rooting for the new CI, but I guess Goldblum isn't in the cards. Nice try though, he was an interesting character. Goren was the best though.

Mattrick
08-23-2010, 10:21 PM
I have no complaints about any of my time spent watching Lost. Season Six, especially was very good. Finale was great. It was a classic case of the audience's expectations defeating the finale. People expected so much from it and so many answers to so many questions that they just couldn't focus on the story they were telling, not the story they wanted to get told.

turtlex
08-24-2010, 02:24 AM

Dude! What the heck? You are one walking ray of doom and gloom. I've never encountered someone so negative... about everything!!!

( Off Topic - You should move the Lost talk into that thread so others can join in regarding that show )

And L&O:SVU is not an "ongoing" story kind of show. It's not a Soap Opera type format. With the exception of very few episodes, it's a contained show ( ie - one story per episode, not much carry-over ). There are plot-points and character development, but you only catch the nuance if you watch the show a lot ...

John - you're right about the reality of it. SVU takes a LOT of their storylines and ideas right from the New York Times, and they work very closely with groups regarding victims rights, etc.

Merlin - I go back and forth on enjoying L&O:CI. Sometimes I truly got sick of Goran, and other times, he was dead on awesome!

ETA: Anyone else looking forward to L&O:LA ? I can't wait to see what Dick Wolf does with that!

DoctorDodge
08-24-2010, 05:22 AM
Have you seen Law & Order: UK, pam? I've only caught a few episodes, but it wasn't my cup of tea, not on a week to week basis, anyway. Just too stand alone for me. That's why I haven't watched much of any Law & Order, really. Hell, the only cop shows I've really been addicted to are a middle ground between stand alone case of the week and ongoing story: Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. And the Sweeney, I love the Sweeney. Or maybe I'm just the kind of bloke that's less interested in modern day police procedure and more about how the cops are gonna chase after bad guys and smash their faces in! :lol:

turtlex
08-24-2010, 05:50 AM
DD - No. It's not on BBC America, at least not yet! I can still hope, though. Who stars in it?

Off Topic - Do you watch Wire In The Blood? I'm a Simone Lahbib fan, so caught some of her series.

DoctorDodge
08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Nah, i've seen bits of that though and liked what I've seen. It's a show my mum used to enjoy watching: I think she only likes the cop shows with a bit of nastiness to them, which is ironic considering how much she hates violent films and horror! :lol: Messiah's one of our favourites - definitely one of the sickest British cop dramas we've watched! Ever watched that? The first one's definitely worth watching, all the other mini-series after that are very hit and miss, really.

Btw, regarding Law & Order: UK - from what I've heard, it's mainly re-workings of some of the best Law & Order episodes anyway, just changed and adjusted to English law. Probably worth it to see what's new, but if you're looking forward to new cases that'll surprise ya, I'm afraid you won't see any on that show if you're a massive L&O fan.

turtlex
08-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Nah, i've seen bits of that though and liked what I've seen. It's a show my mum used to enjoy watching: I think she only likes the cop shows with a bit of nastiness to them, which is ironic considering how much she hates violent films and horror! :lol: Messiah's one of our favourites - definitely one of the sickest British cop dramas we've watched! Ever watched that? The first one's definitely worth watching, all the other mini-series after that are very hit and miss, really.

Oh, WITB can get ... not sure I'd use the word nasty, but it's creepy as all get out sometimes, for sure.

Btw, regarding Law & Order: UK - from what I've heard, it's mainly re-workings of some of the best Law & Order episodes anyway, just changed and adjusted to English law. Probably worth it to see what's new, but if you're looking forward to new cases that'll surprise ya, I'm afraid you won't see any on that show if you're a massive L&O fan.

I still think it'd be interesting and wish I had access to it!

I looked it up on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_%26_Order:_UK#Episodes) and some of those do sound familiar!

DoctorDodge
08-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Well, you'll be pleased to know, they still have the "Dong Dong" sound whenever they show the date, place and time against a black background. I know it's a small thing, but as someone who's been a massive fan of quite a few shows, I know that the little things are always the ones that matter!

Is "Dong Dong" how you spell that sound? You'll know the one I mean, anyway!

turtlex
08-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Um, we call it the "chung-chung" sound! :lol:

FYI : Just one reason why I love Mariksa ...

YouTube- Testimony of Mariska Hargitay

DoctorDodge
08-24-2010, 06:40 AM
"Chung chung"...yeah, that sounds more accurate!

Well, the UK has got that sound anyway! :lol:

Mattrick
08-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Dude! What the heck? You are one walking ray of doom and gloom. I've never encountered someone so negative... about everything!!!

No, I'm just honest. I've seen five or six episodes of scrubs and I don't know if it supposed to be funny because I wasn't laughing even though it felt like they were trying to make me laugh and I wasn't sure if it was a drama because they were trying to make me care but I just couldn't. I think it's a show that got popular because it was an unconventional hospital show. Like Peter Griffin says, "Yeah Horace, so I was watching Scrubs the other night and I was trying to figure out...which one is the funny guy?"

I'm just very picky when it comes to TV, I usually only watch the best of the best. I don't watch very much of it so I try and make it as quality as possible.

turtlex
08-24-2010, 12:31 PM

No, I'm just honest. I've seen five or six episodes of scrubs and I don't know if it supposed to be funny because I wasn't laughing even though it felt like they were trying to make me laugh and I wasn't sure if it was a drama because they were trying to make me care but I just couldn't. I think it's a show that got popular because it was an unconventional hospital show. Like Peter Griffin says, "Yeah Horace, so I was watching Scrubs the other night and I was trying to figure out...which one is the funny guy?"

I'm just very picky when it comes to TV, I usually only watch the best of the best. I don't watch very much of it so I try and make it as quality as possible.

Um, there's honest and then there's rude ( calling a show "tripe" when you're in a thread about that show - kinda comes off as trolling ... :meh: ) or rather, perhaps a better word might be "anti-social"? You just come off as super negative about things, my friend.

Now, if you want to pick apart L&O:SVU episodes, that's cool. Let's be critical, and polite, about that.

jhanic
08-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Well said, Pam!

John

Merlin1958
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Pam is da Bomb!!! Gotta admit!!! You feel me? LOL

turtlex
08-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Thanks, guys.

I've been searching around the interwebs looking for casting news about the new LOLA ( as Law & Order:Los Angeles is being called ).

Found : that Alfred Molina has completed a deal to join the cast as Deputy District Attorney Morales. The only other major casting so far has been Skeet Ulrich, who will play one of the lead detectives.

I like both actors, though Skeet and be a little too quirky for me sometimes.

The IMDB info on the show (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1657081/) is hard to interpret since it hasn't aired yet. Lots of folks are listed as appearing 1 time.

Info on the first episode : NBC's new series, 'Law & Order; Los Angeles,' now has a title for its debut episode: 'Hollywood.' TV Guide reports that not only will the show's first hour tackle the darker side of the glitzy town, as creator Dick Wolf promised, it'll star some familiar faces. The crime that new detectives Rex (Skeet Ulrich) and Tomas (Corey Stoll) will be investigating surrounds a young actress named Chelsea (Danielle Panabaker) and a "wannabe actor" named Sam (Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's son, Wyatt Russell).

For those SVU fans ... The USA Network ( US Cable ) is showing a SVU marathon this weekend, with the focus on award winning and nominated performances. This will have to include Mariska's Emmy winning episode and the multitude of Guest Emmy wins ( including Robin Williams .... when are they going to bring back that character?!? ). I think it starts on Saturday morning at 10am Eastern.

Merlin1958
08-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks, guys.

I've been searching around the interwebs looking for casting news about the new LOLA ( as Law & Order:Los Angeles is being called ).

Found : that Alfred Molina has completed a deal to join the cast as Deputy District Attorney Morales. The only other major casting so far has been Skeet Ulrich, who will play one of the lead detectives.

I like both actors, though Skeet and be a little too quirky for me sometimes.

The IMDB info on the show (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1657081/) is hard to interpret since it hasn't aired yet. Lots of folks are listed as appearing 1 time.

Info on the first episode : NBC's new series, 'Law & Order; Los Angeles,' now has a title for its debut episode: 'Hollywood.' TV Guide reports that not only will the show's first hour tackle the darker side of the glitzy town, as creator Dick Wolf promised, it'll star some familiar faces. The crime that new detectives Rex (Skeet Ulrich) and Tomas (Corey Stoll) will be investigating surrounds a young actress named Chelsea (Danielle Panabaker) and a "wannabe actor" named Sam (Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's son, Wyatt Russell).

For those SVU fans ... The USA Network ( US Cable ) is showing a SVU marathon this weekend, with the focus on award winning and nominated performances. This will have to include Mariska's Emmy winning episode and the multitude of Guest Emmy wins ( including Robin Williams .... when are they going to bring back that character?!? ). I think it starts on Saturday morning at 10am Eastern.

I'll have to give that a Look-see, Pam. "Trots off to set the Tivo"

Bev Vincent
08-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Oscar nominee Terrence Howard (Hustle & Flow) and Corey Stoll (Salt) will join the regular cast of NBC's new drama Law & Order: Los Angeles (Wednesdays, 10-11 p.m. ET), which premieres September 29.

Howard will portray a district attorney and will share the position with Alfred Molina (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), who plays Deputy District Attorney Morales, in alternate episodes.

Stoll will play Detective T.J. Jaruszalski and will partner with Detective John Winters (previously announced Skeet Ulrich).

turtlex
09-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Joan Cusack is guesting on the premier episode of SVU this season.

jhanic
09-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Without ever seeing an episode of the new Law & Order: Los Angeles, I don't think I'm going to like the series very much. The old episodes that took place in New York had an edginess about them that I really enjoyed. Then I think of the one multi-part episode in which the detectives ended up in going out to Hollywood and realize that that entire episode was actually rather boring and bland, at least until the scenes returned to New York. We have enough crime drama shows that take place in California.

John

Bev Vincent
09-17-2010, 02:16 AM
I'm going to give L&O: LA a shot, but my patience will be very short. It only took me a couple of weeks to give up on the west coast NCIS.

turtlex
09-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Just heard that BBC America is going to start showing Law&Order:UK - looking forward to that.

I'm a little worried about the Hollywood-isation of L&OLA, but I'll give it a shot, too, I'm sure.

turtlex
09-18-2010, 07:15 PM
The announcement for L&O UK on BBC America.

BBC AMERICA's press team just announced that Law & Order UK will air on the channel, premiering Sunday, October 3 at 10:30 pm ET with following episodes airing on Fridays at 9 pm ET. The uniquely British take on Dick Wolf's procedural franchise has an insane all-star cast - there's Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber, Doctor Who's Freema Agyeman, Sea of Souls star Bill Paterson, Tony nominee Harriet Walter, The State Within's Ben Daniels, and Bradley Walsh, best known as Danny Baldwin on the UK soap, Coronation Street.

turtlex
09-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Two hour Law&Order:SVU tonight at 9pm Eastern. Joan Cusack guest stars.

SVU has moved to Wednesdays this season.

DoctorDodge
09-22-2010, 06:36 AM
The announcement for L&O UK on BBC America.

BBC AMERICA's press team just announced that Law & Order UK will air on the channel, premiering Sunday, October 3 at 10:30 pm ET with following episodes airing on Fridays at 9 pm ET. The uniquely British take on Dick Wolf's procedural franchise has an insane all-star cast - there's Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber, Doctor Who's Freema Agyeman, Sea of Souls star Bill Paterson, Tony nominee Harriet Walter, The State Within's Ben Daniels, and Bradley Walsh, best known as Danny Baldwin on the UK soap, Coronation Street.

Let us know what you think of that btw, pam. I thought it was alright, but then i'm not a L&O fan. Tbh, i think i pretty much checked it out for the same reason the other half of UK viewers would've checked it out for: to see Freema Agyeman play a role other than Martha Jones for once! :lol:

turtlex
09-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Truly looking forward to seeing it. :thumbsup: Will let you know!

turtlex
09-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Okay, finally got to see the premier of SVU.

I liked it. I thought Joan Cusack was just slightly over the top ( trying a little too hard for that guest emmy, I think ) but it was an above average episode.

It was nice to see just a glance of Conspiracy-Theory-Munch show up. :lol:

I like that Olivia is gonna get a boyfriend, I think it's about freaking time, honestly.

Oh, and I don't know about the "rumor" that Liv is gonna end up pregnant this season... I mean, jeeze, Dick Wolf, you're just giving her a boyfriend, and now you're going to write her in as pregnant. However - that could be a carrot so they can sign on Mariksa for another season or two. Who knows?!?!

Bev Vincent
09-27-2010, 05:02 AM
"Desmond" (from Lost) has an interesting character arc over the first two episodes. That first one was a bit of a knock-off of the Elizabeth Smart story. Munch has a great line: I hate to admit it, but that sounds a little paranoid delusional even to me.

turtlex
09-29-2010, 05:50 AM
L&O:LA starts tonight ... and surprise, surprise - guess who is guesting?!?

Crossover alert! In Law & Order: SVU's September 29 episode, Mariska Hargitay's Det. Olivia Benson leaves New York for Los Angeles, where she joins forces with Skeet Ulrich's Det. Rex Winters—the central character in the new L&O:LA.

It's an issue close to Mariska's heart that brings Benson to L.A.: a case about a rape survivor (played by Jennifer Love Hewitt) who, several years earlier, submitted to an invasive exam for a rape evidence collection kit that was ignored by police. The episode took shape when a real rape survivor shared a similar scandal at a fund-raiser for Mariska's Joyful Heart Foundation, which supports survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse. "I'm so honored that the SVU writers see the value in telling this story," says Mariska. "And it's very cool how they're weaving our two shows together."

With her contract expiring at the end of the season, Mariska says she's open to negotiations, as is costar Chris Meloni, who says, "We'll all have a chitchat and see what's best." But Mariska would also welcome relocating Benson to LO:LA. "I'm born and raised in L.A., so I'm definitely up for doing more," she says. "I go where the work is. My L.A. friends all want me to be on LO:LA." That includes new pal Skeet. "We could use an experienced detective," he says. "That would be fantastic!"

ETA: Mariska's NBC Blog on the 09/29 episode of SVU ( I'm going to spoiler because it does give away plot points )

Over the course of my 12 years playing detective Olivia Benson on Law and Order: SVU, I have learned a great deal about sexual violence in the United States. I wish our storylines were pure fiction, but all too often, the horrific stories we tell on our show are based on harsh, sobering, troubling realities. This is especially true of our next episode "Behave," airing Wednesday, September 29th. The show deals with an issue I care about deeply - the rape kit backlog.

When a person reports a sexual assault, she - or he - will be asked to undergo a sexual assault evidence collection kit (a "rape kit") exam, a four- to six-hour process to collect DNA evidence from his or her body. Rape kit testing can identify an unknown assailant, confirm a suspect's contact with the victim, corroborate the victim's account of the assault, identify serial rapists by connecting crime scene evidence from separate incidents, and exonerate innocent suspects. Yet experts, including the Department of Justice and members of Congress, have estimated that hundreds of thousands of rape kits are sitting untested in police and crime labs throughout the country.

We know rape kit testing works. National studies have shown that cases in which rape kit evidence was tested and introduced were more likely to advance through the criminal justice system and lead to arrests. New York City's arrest rate for rape rose from 40% to 70% once it adopted the policy to test every booked rape kit. In Los Angeles, a recent decision to test every booked rape kit resulted in 405 hits in the FBI DNA database.

Yet the benefit of testing rape kits goes beyond providing prosecutors with investigative tools to bring offenders to justice. It goes beyond introducing the clarity of DNA evidence into the arena of rape and sexual assault, the crimes with the lowest reporting, arrest, and prosecution rates in the United States. These kits represent human beings who have suffered greatly. Testing victims' rape kits sends them the fundamental and crucial message that they and their cases matter.

One of the most rewarding aspects of working on SVU is the show's ability to shine a light on the problem of sexual violence. This next episode is one of the most meaningful I have ever done, and it stands as a powerful example of the way we aim to raise awareness about these difficult issues.

In addition to my role on Law and Order: SVU, I am also the founder and president of the Joyful Heart Foundation, an organization that works to bring healing, education, and empowerment to survivors and awareness to the public about sexual and family violence. When I first learned about the rape kit backlog, I was shocked that something like this could exist in the United States. Then my foundation and I were moved to action. And we are not alone; law enforcement, public officials, and advocates - and now you - are with us.

Recently, I heard from a rape victim whose kit was tested 13 years after she was raped. Thirteen years. The DNA in her kit matched the profile of a convicted rapist already in prison. Learning the identity of her rapists, and that he was in a place where he could not hurt her, gave this woman a sense of peace for the first time since she was raped. It is for this woman and all the others like her that I am committed to doing my part to end the rape kit backlog. I hope you will join us in this cause. Together, we can end the backlog and bring justice to survivors.

Tune in on Wednesday, September 29th, to our next episode of Law and Order: SVU. Then go to endthebacklog.org to learn more and take action.

I will be watching - and I hope you and your community will be too.

Bev Vincent
09-29-2010, 06:43 AM
The new series gets a good writeup in today's NY Times (http://tv.nytimes.com/2010/09/29/arts/television/29law.html?hpw)

jhanic
09-29-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm still not too convinced that the new LA show will be as good as the old one. I'll probably watch it (or at least a rerun--I usually go to bed around 10pm) and see. I will be watching the new SVU that comes on just before.

John

Bev Vincent
09-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I quite liked the first episode of L&O:LA. It's easy to make fun of the LA culture, but they instead simply pointed a camera at it and let it speak for itself.

Gotta admit that it makes me feel old to see Shawnee Smith (from The Stand) playing the mother of a 20-year-old! And it seems like the Lost cast are finding new jobs. Bernard was on NCIS and Rousseau was on L&O: LA!

jhanic
10-10-2010, 08:06 AM
I got to watch what I think was a rerun of the second show of L&O LA last night. I wasn't overly impressed--it was good, but it just didn't have the drive of the original.

John

DoctorDodge
10-10-2010, 08:22 AM
What, still no opinion on LA or UK, pam? I must say I'm rather shocked! Judging from how much of a L&O fan you are, I would've expected a mini-review the second each programme finished, at least!

So, out of the two new shows, which is better?

There's only one way to find out:

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

turtlex
10-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey All - Okay, couple of things ... This weekend has been a big L&O catch up for me. Between a mini-marathon on BBC America, and repeats on NBC, I've finally seen a couple of episodes which let me form a few opinions.

L&O:SUV - "Behave" episode with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Wow. Who knew that JLH could act? I sure didn't, but I was very impressed. I thought it was a good episode, in general, and I enjoyed Mariska's acting with JLH. They had a good chemisty.

L&O:LA - I think I'm with everyone else here ... I haven't been really impressed yet. I mean, it's okay, but mostly I've been :meh: about it. I really don't like Terrance Howard at all. He doesn't seem very comfortable. Peter Coyote is okay, but he just seems kind of angy all the time.

L&O:UK - I was able to catch two episodes yesterday on BBC America and I liked them! They were very familiar, as they're basically taken right from the US episodes. I didn't mind though - the acting was very good.

DoctorDodge
10-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Yeah, regarding L&O: UK, it's basically exactly the same as the original, but with our silly wigs! :lol: Seriously though, if it's well made, then that's what counts. Also, the differences between US and UK law is always going to make remakes of episodes slightly different, at least. Not that I know much about US (or even UK) law! :lol:

turtlex
10-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Dude, I love the traditional wigs and stuff, that the UK embrace and continue!! I love it! It brings a kind of dignity to the proceedings.

Bev Vincent
10-10-2010, 11:38 AM
By the way, both Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe are confirmed to return as Goren and Eames in a final eight-episode season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Goldblum will not be returning. I'm very pleased by this development. The series will end as it began, with my favorite L&O team.

Of the three series currently running, I would say that the UK version is becoming my favorite, with the LA startup in second and SVU a distant third. Last week's SVU was atrocious. All the regular characters were sniping at each other.

turtlex
10-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm one episode behind on SVU. :cry: I don't catch the episodes until the Saturday night repeat, which is one week behind that weeks episode.

Kinda looking forward to seeing Olivia stoned, in this upcoming weeks epi, though.

jhanic
10-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Bev, that's great news about D'Onofrio and Erbe returning! I still like them the most. I didn't like Goldblum much at all.

I still have yet to catch a UK episode. Somehow, I just don't think about finding one when they're running. I do have BBC America on my satellite service, so it's not that.

John

Bev Vincent
10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I've been watching the UK version via OnDemand on our cable service. I don't watch TV on Friday nights, which is when I think the show airs on BBC America.

I liked Goldblum okay, but for me, CI has always been Goren and Eames. I watch reruns of those early shows all the time, and they're still great.

turtlex
10-10-2010, 03:27 PM
L&O:UK is on Friday nights at 10pm, I think.

However, I caught it on Saturday, during the day - a double episode mini-marathon.

BBC America repeats a bunch of their shows on the weekends, which is mostly when I catch them.

jhanic
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Well, I just watched two episodes of L&O UK and was a bit impressed. The actors were good, but I ddin't realize that the plots were the same as existing L&O stories, just modified to the UK justice system. It was interesting to me how the stories were changed. I don't know if I'll continue to watch or not. I'll have to give it some thought.

John

Merlin1958
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm one episode behind on SVU. :cry: I don't catch the episodes until the Saturday night repeat, which is one week behind that weeks episode.

Kinda looking forward to seeing Olivia stoned, in this upcoming weeks epi, though.

Pam, so far this season the epi's have been pretty tight and entertaining, forcing me to re-consider my original title for this thread. Maybe those few epi's last season were just a bump in the road. The premiere was damn good!!

turtlex
10-12-2010, 03:32 AM

Pam, so far this season the epi's have been pretty tight and entertaining, forcing me to re-consider my original title for this thread. Maybe those few epi's last season were just a bump in the road. The premiere was damn good!!

I agree! :thumbsup: So far I have definitely liked what I have seen, but as I said - I am still one episode behind. ( I start work at 6am, so have to go to bed early weeknights ).

Mariska seems to be having a good season. It's early, still, I know but I look forward to the rest of the episodes. I can't wait for Marcia Gay Harden to return. I love her FBI Agent character.

However, honestly, I would like to see Mariska interact with Chris more. I love their chemistry. I sort of thought, since this could be their last season together ... we'd get more Liv and Eliott moments. Theirs is one of my all time favorite television relationships.

Mariska did a great job with Jennifer Love Hewitt. They had a wonderful chemistry together. I'd love to see JLH come back for another episode.

According to Mariska's personal website, the guest line up this year is great and includes : Gloria Reuben, Maria Bello, Marcia Gay Harden, David Alan Grier, and David Krumholtz ( apparently Maria Bello is a good personal friend of her, and Mariska has posted that she's truly looking forward to that epi ).

If, if this is their last year ... it's looking very promising, at least to me.

Spencer
10-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I found the 2nd episode with Henry Ian Cusick, I had the big plot twist figured out as soon as his character identified himself. Law and Order writers think like I do. :lol: Saw the Love episode too, she's my early frontrunner for next year's guest actress Emmy. That performance was amazing.

Bev Vincent
10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Cusick was also in the first episode, when he started out as a suspect.

turtlex
10-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Watched the "Human Traffic'ing/Sex Slave" episode of SVU and really didn't like it. Thought it was probably the weakest written episode of the season.

( yes, I'm still one week behind the original broadcast schedule )

Caught another episode of LO:LA and have found that I just can't seem to get into it.

Merlin1958
10-18-2010, 05:45 AM
Watched the "Human Traffic'ing/Sex Slave" episode of SVU and really didn't like it. Thought it was probably the weakest written episode of the season.

Caught another episode of LO:LA and have found that I just can't seem to get into it.

IDK, I thought it was interesting. Have to admit I have been generally pleased with the new season so far.

turtlex
10-18-2010, 06:58 AM

IDK, I thought it was interesting. Have to admit I have been generally pleased with the new season so far.

It was interesting, for sure. What I didn't like was the writing. In certain scenes, it was like Liv and Elliott were reading from the "information regarding human trafficking" pamphlet.

turtlex
10-19-2010, 05:53 AM
FYI : Announced today ... L&O:LA got picked-up for a full season of shows.

Merlin1958
10-19-2010, 07:26 AM
FYI : Announced today ... L&O:LA got picked-up for a full season of shows.

That's cool!! I have to say that against my better judgement, I am actually enjoying L&O/LA so far. Good cast, but most importantly good story so far.

Yeah Sure Whatever
10-25-2010, 12:02 PM
I fall asleep every night to L& O CI. I have a thing for Goren even fat sloppy Goren :scared:

turtlex
10-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Okay, caught the SVU toxic mushrooms episode and thought it was really good. I like the new/fired ADA so I hope they bring her back.

jhanic
10-25-2010, 03:48 PM
I agree. She's quite a character. I wish they'd rerun some more of her episodes.

John

turtlex
11-18-2010, 09:01 AM
You know, I have to say - I was really looking forward to Marcia Gay Hardin returning to SVU as her FBI undercover agent character Dana ... I finally caught the episode and I was actually pretty disappointed. I thought it was rather poorly written, and though MGH was very good ( isn't she always ) ... the script just really made me feel like I wasted an hour. I though the ending was really rushed.

Oh well, waiting now to see the episode with Elliott's daughter.

jhanic
11-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Pam, I agree with you. I was disappointed also. It seemed to "gimmicky".

John

Merlin1958
11-18-2010, 04:50 PM
It was disappointing, but the Elliott episode was kinda good. Lot of baggage dragged up which I thought made it interesting.

haunted.lunchbox
11-18-2010, 05:22 PM
I want to see more Munch. I love him. He is old as fuck, but somehow alluring.

jhanic
11-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I also really like Finn. A tough guy exterior with a "heart of gold" is the way I see his character.

John

haunted.lunchbox
11-18-2010, 07:20 PM
I also really like Finn. A tough guy exterior with a "heart of gold" is the way I see his character.

John

I love his wife in real life, coco... she is so freakin' awesome.

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-18-2010, 08:17 PM

John

Dat ass

haunted.lunchbox
11-18-2010, 08:22 PM

John

Dat ass

I wish I could attain such clASS.

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Its pretty obscene but in a good way!

haunted.lunchbox
11-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Its pretty obscene but in a good way!

It's freakin' ridiculous is what it is, but I can't help but love her. And the fact that everywhere she goes her pants are so tight you can see everything just makes me laugh my ass off. I really love her.

haunted.lunchbox
11-18-2010, 08:30 PM
OMG! I went to her website http://www.cocosworld.com/index2.html and with my cursor I was able to explore all the different parts of her body with my mouse. I would say NSFW.

Merlin1958
11-19-2010, 04:39 PM

John

Yeah, it would be nice if they got Finn and Munch more involved in the show like they did a few years ago. They were great episodes and I think SVU could stand to go more "ensemble" with the cast.

Bev Vincent
11-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Finn and Munch have had more to do this season than last. I liked the one where they brought Munch in specifically because he was the expert on conspiracy theory wingnuts. "Don't drink the Kool-Aid," Finn told him.

Has it ever struck you that Stabler is on a squad that requires sensitive handling of victims, but he's not particularly sensitive? Witness the way he treated the recovering alcoholic DA this week. Every time she crossed him, he rubbed her nose in it.

jhanic
11-20-2010, 09:11 AM
I liked that episode with Finn and Munch also. I wish they'd get even more screen time. They make a great pair.

I agree with your comment about Stabler, although what that DA put him through before kinds of makes me understand his snide comments better. She pulled no punches (and was rather unfair) in her treatment of ALL the SVU detectives, and this seemed directed more at Stabler than the others. I can empathize with his animosity.

John

haunted.lunchbox
11-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I hate the new DA. I know they are trying new things on the show, which is refreshing, but she is just annoying.

I like how Stabler is. I think he is the way he is because of how long he's had to put up with the crimes he's been working and what it has done to his family.

I wish they had brought Jeff Goldblum (sp) to svu instead of criminal intent. I like the actor, but I hate criminal intent.

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Blasphemy! I LOVE CI and dont care for SVU, but Goldblum left CI and D'Onofrio (whos on my old man list) is back. So he is available...

turtlex
11-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one who actually liked Fin !! I think he's great. I do love Munch, and I miss him not being more involved in the episodes. All in all, SVU has a great cast. With the expection of Diane Neal, they've been pretty great. I really, just never liked her. She seemed very wooden to me. I know we're going through DDAs right now - but I hope the find someone and keep them. And how about it being a guy? Does it always have to be a woman? I know they ( Wolf and co ) are probably trying to bring more females onto the show, but I'd rather see a new female detective than a new female DDA.

re: Stabler .. actually, this whole thing with him being not-so-sensative is sort of a character development. I mean, it's been a gradual thing over the years as his character has become more hardened ( family troubles, work troubles, etc ). I like that he's not perfect. Honestly, I can't imagine working as a cop and not wanting to throw someone up against a wall, so I'm never surprised when Elliott does it.

Merlin1958
11-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Wow, I thought I was the only one who actually liked Fin !! I think he's great. I do love Munch, and I miss him not being more involved in the episodes. All in all, SVU has a great cast. With the expection of Diane Neal, they've been pretty great. I really, just never liked her. She seemed very wooden to me. I know we're going through DDAs right now - but I hope the find someone and keep them. And how about it being a guy? Does it always have to be a woman? I know they ( Wolf and co ) are probably trying to bring more females onto the show, but I'd rather see a new female detective than a new female DDA.

re: Stabler .. actually, this whole thing with him being not-so-sensative is sort of a character development. I mean, it's been a gradual thing over the years as his character has become more hardened ( family troubles, work troubles, etc ). I like that he's not perfect. Honestly, I can't imagine working as a cop and not wanting to throw someone up against a wall, so I'm never surprised when Elliott does it.

Yeah, sometimes you'd think they need two or three more women on the show just to balance Stablers raging testosterone!!!!! Semper Fi!! LOL

turtlex
12-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Finally caught the episode "Gray" ... which starts with Elliott at the Take Back The Night rally, at Kathleen's college.

OUTSTANDING episode. It's episodes like this one that really indicate that this series has not run out of ideas. One of the best I've seen, and the cast was wonderful, including guests Christine Lahti ( returning ) and Kate Nelligan.

And it's always great to see interaction between Kathy and Elliott, even if the scene is short.

Just a powerhouse of a story and very well acted and directed ( returning director Helen Shaver ).

Thumbs up, from me. Just great.

I sure hope that they submit this episode for Chris's Emmy Nom chances. He was just great.

Full Recap From TV.com
Stabler is attending a Take Back the Night Rally at Kathleen's university, when a female student (Bethany) accuses a male student (Chuck) of raping her. Months ago, she'd gotten drunk and passed out, and when she came to, she awoke to find Chuck in the middle of the act. Chuck claims that Bethany simply wanted more than a single hook-up, but when Chuck refused to see her again, she began claiming he raped her. Only Benson believes that Bethany is telling the truth.

ADA Paxton returns to SVU to help rebuild her career after her suspension for being publicly intoxicated in court. When she finds out that there doesn't seem to be a case against Chuck, she orders the detectives to either find more evidence against him, or else they have to let him go.

The university has a buddy system for drinking, to assure that drunk students don't get themselves in trouble. On the night of the incident, Kathleen was Bethany's sober buddy, but she left Bethany's side for a couple of minutes, which was enough time for Chuck to leave with Bethany.

Stabler receives the university disciplinary file from Kathleen, though he's wondering whether the information would be admissible. Kathleen assures her father that as long as Kathleen gave the information willingly and Stabler did not ask for it, the file should be okay.

Chuck's current girlfriend, Carla, explains that she was pregnant with his baby, but she miscarried after they had sex while using a special lubricant Chuck suggested. The lubricant contained ulcer medication which was shown to cause harm to the fetus in pregnant women. Chuck took the medication for erectile disfunction, but his lawyer claims that he didn't deliberately harm the baby.

Paxton finds out about Stabler getting Chuck's file and is furious, but Stabler reminds Paxton of the loophole concerning the file. Paxton says that she has to subpoena Kathleen and get her on the witness stand. But her testimony, as she confesses to stealing Chuck's file, could get her expelled from college. Stabler pleads with Paxton not to allow Kathleen on the witness stand. Paxton agrees, and she'll tell the court that Kathleen was an informant.

Chuck's lawyer manages to get the case's judge to step down, claiming inability to be impartial to Chuck's case based on an incident which happened in the judge's past. Judge Quinn refuses to go into detail about the incident, but the replacement judge is the one who ordered Paxton to rehab. When Paxton tries to request another judge, she's denied.

Paxton worries that in light of the new judge, the case will be lost, but Judge Quinn promises that she'd help bring Chuck to justice. The judge goes to talk to Carla, to try to convince her to testify against Chuck. She tells Carla about when she was gang raped in college, but the culprits were never convicted. She tells Carla that this is her time to make sure Chuck gets thrown in jail.

Carla doesn't show up in court, and the judge tells Paxton that if the woman isn't on the stand in 30 minutes, then the case would be dismissed. Benson finds Carla in her dorm room, unconscious. She dies, and when Warner does an autopsy, it's discovered that she died from toxic shock syndrome caused by the lubricant Chuck used to make her lose the baby. The detectives and Paxton trace Chuck down to a bar and arrest him for murder.

Yeah Sure Whatever
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Wow that makes me want to watch SVU

jhanic
12-02-2010, 06:51 AM
That was one of the best of the series, for sure.

John

Bev Vincent
12-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Did y'all catch the Tiger Woods-inspired L&O:LA last night? Best line (Skeet Ulrich to the philandering pro): What is it with you and foursomes? Is it a golf thing?

Merlin1958
12-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Did y'all catch the Tiger Woods-inspired L&O:LA last night? Best line (Skeet Ulrich to the philandering pro): What is it with you and foursomes? Is it a golf thing?

Yeah, I caught that too. Man that was obvious down to the wife and the golf club!!!! LOL

Good job on the rest of the storyline though, they wound it around pretty good.

That was a great line Bev!!!! Reminded me of Mr. Ohrback at his best!!!! (RIP, Jerry)

jhanic
12-05-2010, 01:16 PM

I was finally able to catch this as it reran on NBC last night. I didn't like the episode that much--just didn't "catch" me like many L&O episodes have. The line Bev quotes above was the high point for me.

John

ErinPatricia
12-05-2010, 01:54 PM
seeing Chris Meloni and Lee Tergesen together again last night was amazing.

jhanic
03-31-2011, 12:37 PM
I see that Goren and Eames are coming back for a new season of CI. I'm glad. I liked them best of all the partners on CI. I wonder how they plan on getting them back on the force, though, given how the last of their appearances ended.

John

CRinVA
03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
how did they end up leaving?

Bev Vincent
03-31-2011, 01:21 PM
How they ended up leaving:

Their captain was murdered while working undercover. Goran got fired for being the loose cannon he always was and then some. Eames was given the captain's job but quit in protest over Goran's firing

There will only be eight new episodes before the show ends. However, I'm delighted that it will be Goran and Eames who pipe the series to its conclusion.

Merlin1958
03-31-2011, 01:47 PM
I see that Goren and Eames are coming back for a new season of CI. I'm glad. I liked them best of all the partners on CI. I wonder how they plan on getting them back on the force, though, given how the last of their appearances ended.

John

Well that is just GREAT news!!!!! Goren and Eames are by far my most favorite Detective team in the L&O universe!!!!

jhanic
05-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I have to say that I was disappointed in last night's newest episode of CI, because there was no explanation of how or why Goren and Eames were reinstated. They were just back at work, with a new captain (one of the better "bad guys" in the past). The storyline was okay, though--a takeoff on Charlies Sheen.

John

Bev Vincent
05-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I haven't seen it yet, and I had to skim past Vincent D'Onofrio's live tweets to avoid spoilers, too. Looking forward to seeing it.

Yeah Sure Whatever
05-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I have to say that I was disappointed in last night's newest episode of CI, because there was no explanation of how or why Goren and Eames were reinstated. They were just back at work, with a new captain (one of the better "bad guys" in the past). The storyline was okay, though--a takeoff on Charlies Sheen.

John

My husband asked if that was explained and I'm sure it will be later int he season. Just bits and pieces, but nothing major. Hitman Harry was great as the new chief! I loved when Goren was pretending to be from Armani. LOVED THAT.

I haven't seen it yet, and I had to skim past Vincent D'Onofrio's live tweets to avoid spoilers, too. Looking forward to seeing it.

Looks like I might break down and finally follow someone on twitter. I love that man

Bev Vincent
05-02-2011, 12:28 PM
He was on the account: USA_LawOrderCI

Yeah Sure Whatever
05-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks!

Merlin1958
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM

John

You know, I'm glad someone else picked up on that as well. I was like WTF? Especially since they ran a sort of "catching up" type marathon and had the final Goren/Eames 2- part episode with the Arms dealers.

It seemed very "off-putting" for the season premiere, especially in light of the way "transitioned" the new Goldblum team in over that season finale.

It was a greeat episode, but on that point I felt "cheated".

Bev Vincent
05-03-2011, 02:20 AM
D'Onofrio says that starting with the next episode we'll find out more about what happened -- he's going to see a therapist played by Julia Ormond. He also says there's a chance there will be more L&O:CI if these eight episodes perform well.

There was a passing comment made by one of the officers early on ("welcome back, detectives"). I liked the riff on Sheen, and how they took it in a different direction. I was strongly suspecting the son, so they successfully faked me out there.

jhanic
05-09-2011, 04:16 AM
I watched last night's episode and came away a bit more satisfied. At least we know now about what Goren has to do to stay on the force. No explanation for Eames, though, yet. Also, it looks like D'Onofrio has lost some of that extra weight, too. He's not back to the original, of course, but he does look better. (Now, if I could lose some weight, too...)

John

Bev Vincent
05-09-2011, 05:31 AM
I love Julia Ormond (Goran's therapist) and hope we get to see them jousting more in the future. There's a chance the series might get picked up for an 11th season. Ratings are up nearly 50% over last week.

I'm also glad D'Onofrio lost some weight. Does anyone else find his voice a little strange/strained?

jhanic
05-09-2011, 07:00 AM
I didn't notice that. Whenever they decide to rerun the episode, I'll listen more carefully.

John

jhanic
06-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Well, I watched the final episode of Criminal Intent last night. It was an okay story, but it seemed to me that it left an opening for a continuation of the series. Anyone else get that feeling?

John

Bev Vincent
06-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Haven't watched it yet, but I know the cast and producers are hoping this 8-episode run will do well enough to inspire a renewal. However, I also heard that they were selling off all the props and set pieces in NY recently, so that isn't encouraging.

Bev Vincent
06-27-2011, 07:49 AM
OK -- caught up. "Same time next week," Goran tells his therapist. We can only hope.

My favorite exchange: Samir, after being accused of the murder, says to Goran: Are you insane? Goran replies, "Jury's still out on that one."

jhanic
06-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Agreed! A great quote!

John

Bev Vincent
06-27-2011, 12:01 PM
D'Onofrio is encouraging people to write to USA to get them to renew the show. I'm not sure how well such campaigns work but I thought I'd give it a try.

jhanic
06-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I can't figure out how to email them. I don't use Twitter, Facebook, etc.

John

Bev Vincent
06-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Go to the bottom of this page: http://www.usanetwork.com/feedback/

I chose USA Network Programming from the menu, and then Law & Order: CI

jhanic
06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks, Bev.

Email sent. I hope it does some good!

John