PDA

View Full Version : Diagnose Me, Dr. House!

Pages : [1] 2

She-Oy
10-03-2007, 08:41 AM
I love this show. I've loved it from the beginning, but this season is really good.

Does anyone else watch it?

Storyslinger
10-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah, House rocks :D

Matt
10-03-2007, 08:47 AM
We were all over House last night. Its a family event.

I must admit I wasn't real high on the episode last night but the season premier was great.

Storyslinger
10-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Indeed it was, missed last night though, but don't worry about spoilers, then I know what to expect :D

She-Oy
10-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Last night did you notice when he rolled up the screen to the blackboard the words, "Telsa was robbed"?

I thought Will was about to choke on his enchilanda when he saw that.

The writers are genius, Hugh Laurie is brilliant.

At first I really wanted his old team back, but now, I think so much could be done with a new team. Sure let Cameron, Foreman and Chase make random appearances, but I think I don't want them back as House's proteges...I want fresh meat, new blood....oh yeah!

Storyslinger
10-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Fresh meat, I like it

She-Oy
10-03-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm sorry you missed last night's episode (and Matt, I'm sorry it didn't do much for you)...I really liked seeing all the prospective doctors and their personalities.

I REALLY like old dude! I'm happy House is going to keep him as an assistant. I think he can bring a lot to show.

Oh, and Matt, you know I loved the whole black Mormon thing. I was rolling on the floor. See, even Gregory House is intrigued with Magic Underwear!

But I like that guy too. I hope he keeps him. Hated the blonde-headed know-it-all....however I bet she stays too.

And one question, will this be the season House and Cuddy hook up? I so hope so. I'm ready for him to be in a relationship. He needs to get some from someone other that a hooker. It's been FOUR years!

Storyslinger
10-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Four long year :beat:

Arthur Heath
10-03-2007, 09:47 AM
So what was the deal with his old team? They get the axe from producers?

She-Oy
10-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't think so. Chase and Cameron made some highlights last night, and all three of them are still listed on the opening credits, so that means that everyone will still be a major player in the show this season...we just don't know how yet.

Odetta
10-03-2007, 11:31 AM
The fact that they're still on the credits leads me to believe as well that they'll be back.

Matt
10-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I saw that too, they had an opportunity to change the opening to leave those guys out and didn't

I did like the girl with blond hair though, less severe.

ZoNeSeeK
10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
The opening credits means they are still under contract.

When you have a show with constant "special guests" it means they're not under a contract, or something.

She-Oy
10-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Well they can stay on the show. I like them, I really do, I just want Greggers to have some new meeces to play with. Those three have been fucked with by him for too long and need to go do their own thing.

Otherwise the show gets stale. And we don't want that now do we? No, didn't think so.

Odetta
10-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Agreed... I WAS kind of getting sick of...
House says something, they all say he's nuts but do it anyway, yada yada... he ends up being right after almost killing the person.

Matt
10-04-2007, 06:41 AM
It was pretty predictable, that's for sure.

And maybe that is why this last episode didn't appeal to me, it seemed to not be about that so I could just be having withdrawals. :lol:

Matt
10-11-2007, 06:05 AM
How the hell could the guy take the damn pills if his arms didn't work?

I really didn't get this one either

RolandDerRevolvermann
10-11-2007, 07:08 AM
I must confess, that I love House! (yes, even in germany Dr.House is on tv). His humor is great, although you can anticipate the end of each episode...
If I have some employees in the future, I will treat them like House does...:P :innocent: :shoot:

She-Oy
10-11-2007, 07:44 AM
How the hell could the guy take the damn pills if his arms didn't work?

I really didn't get this one either

LOL! Good point Matt! :orely:

Looks like they want House to find God or something. Did you see previews for next week? He gets a patient who sees ghosts.

Frunobulax
10-12-2007, 01:07 PM
House is going to find God in his guitar.

As for the pills....elf magic.

Harrald
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
This is in my top 5 shows on television right now. The connections they made between Sherlock Holmes and House turned me into an instant fan.

Ikilledthecrimsonking
10-17-2007, 01:38 PM
i love house but scrubs is even better
boy i wish i worked at sacred heart

Odetta
10-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I find them to be 2 very different shows... Scrubs is more comedy, I think

Rjeso
10-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I frickin' love this show, but during the second season I missed out and had to wait for the DVDs to come out, and I've been a season behind since. The third season just hit DVD a couple of weeks ago, so I'll have to get that one. I kinda miss watching it on TV, but I've missed so much in the storyline that I'd be hopelessly lost.

Jon
10-22-2007, 08:30 AM
House is God!

The show is an actual family event around my house. We have popcorn and all that. Just like a movie.

Now that Foreman is fired...I wonder where he will work now. LOL

Rjeso
10-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh, my eyes!

...Not that I could really expect to be in here and not see a few spoilers, heh.

Besides, I thought I'd heard that Chase was the one who got fired? So they're both gone? Why on Earth would those guys want out of the show (I'm assuming they asked to be written out)? Man. They craaazy.

She-Oy
10-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh, I'd put money that at least 2 of the 3 docs are going to be back with House by December.

I'm kinda starting to miss them too. I didn't think I would, but I do and in this order 1) Foreman 2) Chase 3) Cameron

I'd also really like to see House in some sort of a relationship. I think him and Cuddy should get really drunk and screw. It's overdue.

Or may I just want to see Hugh Laurie getting it on. Who knows.

myishi
11-20-2007, 06:32 AM
About Houses relationships...
I wanted him with Cameron =<
Then he screwed his ex wife and left her. That was pretty awesome too tho

Rjeso
11-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Cameron bothers me.

She-Oy
11-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Damn! Big Love got fired. I liked him. I really, really hope "the Bitch" goes next week. She annoys me EVERYTIME she opens her mouth.

towerguard
11-21-2007, 05:25 AM
I want Cameron and 13 to make out....

Jon
12-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Am I the only one who loves this pill popping, jerk of a doctor?

Matt
12-04-2007, 06:07 AM
:lol:

We have a whole thread for him somewhere.

I would say this is going to go to merge town. :rock:

Brice
12-04-2007, 06:16 AM
You say true. :D

I left a redirect for a week though as there are sometimes a few days between Jon's visits.

jayson
02-07-2008, 07:48 AM
i thought House and Wilson were gonna make out this past tuesday. they'd make such a cute couple.

Shelbs
02-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Oh my God! You're sleeping with me!

Matt
02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Good stuff. Cut throat bitch actually seemed appealing to me now that Wilson likes her. :lol:

She was cute this week.

Shelbs
02-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I do enjoy the verbal sparring between CTB and House, they balance each other out very well.

jayson
02-08-2008, 05:07 AM
Good stuff. Cut throat bitch actually seemed appealing to me now that Wilson likes her. :lol:

She was cute this week.

I do enjoy the verbal sparring between CTB and House, they balance each other out very well.

for one episode it worked. i hope to not see her over and over again. so far house has been very good about not being a "relationship" show for too much of the time [as if it were on nbc]. it needs to stay that way. i didn't mind seeing Amber come back as Wilson's mystery girl, but she can now just be referenced she doesn't have to come back again [esp not if it takes away screen time from #13]

Jon
02-11-2008, 03:43 AM
I want Cameron and 13 to make out....

YES!!!! but I wish Cameron would return her hair to brunette.

GOD I am in love with 13!!!

Someone post some pics of her for my headboard please!

Yunsung
02-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Is it lupus?

http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/patpubs/6023/images/6023_1.gif

Shelbs
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
:panic:

zomg! I have LUPUS!!!

Matt
02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
:rofl:

I think I may have it too!!

Jon
02-15-2008, 08:42 AM
It's NEVER LUPUS!!!

Jon
02-25-2008, 06:44 AM
DAMN!!!! No new House until 4/28/08... or if you please 28/4/08.

Damn the T.V. Gods!!!

I curse you American Idol!!

http://www.fox.com/house/

jayson
02-25-2008, 06:52 AM

Damn the T.V. Gods!!!

i second that curse. it's bullshit that fox only airs that stupid no-talent contest on nights when it has regular programming. let the bs reality game shows wait until april, not a real show like house.

Jon
03-02-2008, 11:41 PM
It's likely done by no talent execs that canceled shows like "Who's Line is it Anyway" and "Greenscreen."

Shelbs
03-03-2008, 05:35 AM

Damn the T.V. Gods!!!

:scared:

Nooooooooo!!!

Stupid AI! I want my House dammit. I'm already going through withdrawal symptoms.

Matt
03-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I snuggled in last week for my new dose of House (Roland)...stupid rerun! :pullhair:

jayson
03-03-2008, 04:58 PM
like i needed another reason to despise american idol

obscurejude
03-08-2008, 03:10 PM
like i needed another reason to despise american idol

Amen brother. You're preaching to the choir. :thumbsup:

Jon
03-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Gimme an "Amen!"

alinda
03-09-2008, 04:30 AM
AMEN!

jayson
03-09-2008, 04:32 AM
hooray, a wolrd where House outranks Idol. now, let's go storm the Fox Network bldg...:shoot:

alinda
03-09-2008, 04:40 AM
House in my opinion is the best show on network television.
I wish we had a Dr like him on staff where I work!

obscurejude
03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I agree Alinda. I personally think that House is about the only thing worth watching. I seldom even watch it on TV bc I hate TV. I own seasons 1-3 on DVD (skipped a few meals to buy those) and catch the new ones online (Fox broadcasts them for free). With the exception of the Colbert Report, House is the only reason I even have a TV. That statement doesn't really make sense bc I don't have cable so I have to catch the Report on you tube and stuff.

Matt
09-24-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure I'm that high on House's new Wilson. <_<

Dora thinks he's great though. :lol:

Jackie
09-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I do!! *points to avatar* I LOVE House!!!!! :D

Rjeso
09-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Awww, there's a new Wilson? But... but.... :cry:

jayson
09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure I'm that high on House's new Wilson. <_<

Dora thinks he's great though. :lol:

I'm with you Matt. Perhaps he will grow on me with more episodes like the new team did (though I thought "13" was hot from the get-go). I'm just glad there are new episodes. There are so few current tv shows that I watch that it seems like a very long time when they are between seasons. House is by far my favorite current show.

Matt
09-24-2008, 11:34 AM
I really love it too.

Wilson told House that he couldn't take him anymore and, of course, House was a total ass about it. :wub:

So he hired a private investigator to keep an eye on Wilson (who never even mentions House but sees everyone else from the hospital). The PI is a total ass and House has decided he likes him I think.

Not to mention, he told Wilson that he needed talk to him, no to because he cared what he had to say but because Wilson helps him figure out complicated shit when he is ignoring him. :lol:

The new guy had the same affect.

Jon
09-24-2008, 10:23 PM
The new Wilson rocks...even his argyle socks!

I want to have 31's 13's baby!

Nerak
09-25-2008, 06:35 AM
I don't watch House for anyone but House!!! It still amazes me that he has a British accent but speaks without it on the show!

I :wub: Hugh Laurie!!!!!!!!!!

Rjeso
09-25-2008, 11:15 AM
:high five:

Same here. The only real draw is Laurie. The rest of the show and characters are drama, drama, drama. House is always just his anti-social, sarcastic self, and that's the part I love.

Also, it always sounded like Chase was the one speaking with a fake accent, not House. :lol:

Jon
09-26-2008, 12:49 AM
I It still amazes me that he has a British accent but speaks without it on the show!

Ummm... it would be like an American actor putting on a British accent silly!

And ladies... if you were hetero males, you would want 31 13!

jayson
09-26-2008, 03:45 AM
I've been trying since Tuesday night to figure out where I'd seen House's private investigator before and why I seemed to take an instant dislike to him. Last night it finally hit me. He was on Six Feet Under as the guy who carjacked and psychologically tortured David.

Jon
09-26-2008, 09:56 PM
I just wanted to point out to all who watch "That 70's Show" in addition to HOUSE.

We have TWO Eric Foreman's!!!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/house05.png

and

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/fore.jpg

Could they be one in the same?

Nerak
09-27-2008, 04:00 AM
I am thinking, mayhap, not!

Jon
09-30-2008, 11:06 PM
The new Wilson just isn't cutting it for me anymore. But it looks like, in two weeks, that Wilson will be on the show.

jayson
10-01-2008, 03:26 AM
I completely agree Jon. The P.I. was a nice gimmick for one episode to highlight the role that Wilson played in House's life, but to have him as a recurring character is just annoying, especially if it's going to be part of some sort of competition between the two for Dr. Cuddy. This is not an NBC show so there's no need for any "will they or won't they" tension between the male and female characters.

I didn't really need to see or care about the side story with Dr. Taub and his wife either. This show works best as a mystery medical show about House trying to diagnose the patient, not about the personal lives and relationships of the characters. Their off the clock lives should be off the screen as well. If I wanted a show about the personal lives of characters who just happen to work in a hospital I'd go back to watching E.R.

Jon
10-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I completely agree Jon. The P.I. was a nice gimmick for one episode to highlight the role that Wilson played in House's life, but to have him as a recurring character is just annoying, especially if it's going to be part of some sort of competition between the two for Dr. Cuddy. This is not an NBC show so there's no need for any "will they or won't they" tension between the male and female characters.

I didn't really need to see or care about the side story with Dr. Taub and his wife either. This show works best as a mystery medical show about House trying to diagnose the patient, not about the personal lives and relationships of the characters. Their off the clock lives should be off the screen as well. If I wanted a show about the personal lives of characters who just happen to work in a hospital I'd go back to watching E.R.

Well put.

I hope they didn't "jump the shark."

Bev Vincent
10-02-2008, 02:35 AM
This show works best as a mystery medical show about House trying to diagnose the patient, not about the personal lives and relationships of the characters.

I'm in the opposite camp on this one. The medical mysteries, such as they are, are usually ludicrous and House or one of his team members usually stumbles upon the answer more by luck than skill, and typically after making 36 wrong guesses.

I see the medical mysteries as the catalysts to explore the characters of the doctors and other regulars. The issue of trust between husband and wife leads naturally to Taub's situation (the only character in a long-term relationship, after all).

Though I miss Wilson's regular presence, I do think it was time the show explored why Wilson remained friends with House, the situation with Amber notwithstanding. What did he ever get out of it but grief?

Odetta
10-08-2008, 06:26 AM
I would love to see a House episode where the disease actually ENDS UP BEING LUPUS!

alinda
10-08-2008, 08:17 AM
:lol: I love HOUSE for HL too, working in a hospital is enough for
me on both scenes interpersonal & medical mystery, however
House's warpness is the draw for me. Who by the way would
be completely enthralled if presented with my mystery disease!!:wtf:

Rjeso
10-08-2008, 11:36 AM
The medical mysteries, such as they are, are usually ludicrous

Actually, in the extras on the Season One DVD, they said that they take all their scenarios from actual cases for realism's sake. I think they do a good job at a) ferreting out these oddball cases, b) coming up with various (wrong but still plausible) alternative diagnoses to use up time, and c) writing the true diagnosis into each show. Whoever their medical research/advisory team is does a great job.

Bev Vincent
10-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, but I think the medicine is no more realistic than the forensics on CSI, where they can run any test under the sun in a few minutes.

Jon
10-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah, but I think the medicine is no more realistic than the forensics on CSI, where they can run any test under the sun in a few minutes.

yeah...a DNA test in two hours out of the back of a van.

Jon
10-08-2008, 11:25 PM
I would love to see a House episode where the disease actually ENDS UP BEING LUPUS!

Pssssst... It can never be lupus because House made a book hidey-hole out of the Lupus reference book to stash some Vicodin.

Odetta
10-09-2008, 06:43 AM

Pssssst... It can never be lupus because House made a book hidey-hole out of the Lupus reference book to stash some Vicodin.

But... wouldn't it be FUNNY??? :P

Jon
10-12-2008, 12:21 AM

But... wouldn't it be FUNNY??? :P

Only if Cutty gets mad, 13 steps in to defend him...a fight ensues and clothes are torn.

This is why;

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/housecutty.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/house13a.jpg

Jon
10-20-2008, 12:21 AM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/IMG_0261.jpg

Aaron
10-20-2008, 02:20 PM
I totally didnt realize until today that House's mom is our Executive Director of Motion Pictures & Television. I mean I know who she is, just not that she played House's mom. :lol:

Nice shirt, Jon.

ladysai
10-22-2008, 11:20 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/ladysai/house.jpg

Rjeso
10-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Sign me up. :lol:

Jon
10-22-2008, 10:29 PM
geez that was HOT! this week!\\

Wifey got a little hot too!

Daghain
12-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Mods, if I missed a thread somewhere, feel free to merge. :)

OMG, I love, love, love this show. I'm a recent convert; I was sick over Thanksgiving weekend and there was a House marathon on that day - I started watching at 5am when it started, and was up ALL DAY addicted to it.

I love this show. How did I NOT find this earlier? House is my favorite TV character - cynical, sarcastic, and a misanthropist in training. I LOVE him.

Anyone else a House addict? Please tell me I am not alone. :D

obscurejude
12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Dags, someone made one a long time ago called: Diagnose Me Dr. House. Jon might have started it? It kind of lost some love during the writer's strike.

Jon
12-12-2008, 12:18 AM
But when this is merged.. welcome!

I KNEW Foreman and 13 would hook up!

Darkthoughts
12-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Merged...to counteract a verified case of lupus.

SigTauGimp
12-12-2008, 02:52 AM
W00T!:excited:

More House addicts!

Bev Vincent
12-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Anyone else having a hard time adjusting to 13's real name? Remy. Just doesn't seem to fit her.

jayson
12-12-2008, 04:35 AM
Anyone else having a hard time adjusting to 13's real name? Remy. Just doesn't seem to fit her.

Yes. It sounds odd every time it is used. It's weird enough to hear her called Dr. Hadley (sp?).

I am having a harder time adjusting to the shift to make the show more of a relationship drama with the whole House and Cuddy thing, and now the hooking-up of 13 and Foreman. It's really the House/Cuddy thing that bothers me, not because I don't like the idea of them being together, but because it just feels like one of those NBC "will they/won't they" kind of things. If I wanted the show to be ER, I wouldn't have stopped watching ER. I still love the show, but this aspect of it is beginning to annoy me.

Django
12-12-2008, 05:30 AM

Yes. It sounds odd every time it is used. It's weird enough to hear her called Dr. Hadley (sp?).

I am having a harder time adjusting to the shift to make the show more of a relationship drama with the whole House and Cuddy thing, and now the hooking-up of 13 and Foreman. It's really the House/Cuddy thing that bothers me, not because I don't like the idea of them being together, but because it just feels like one of those NBC "will they/won't they" kind of things. If I wanted the show to be ER, I wouldn't have stopped watching ER. I still love the show, but this aspect of it is beginning to annoy me.

Looks like I'm a couple of episodes behind. Agree on the House/Cuddy thing.

jayson
12-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Yikes. Sorry if I spoiled anything for you Django. :(

Bev Vincent
12-12-2008, 06:23 AM
Well, there have always been relationship issues. House and Cameron, Chase and Cameron, House flirting with Cuddy, Wilson with Amber, etc.

jayson
12-12-2008, 07:49 AM
You are right Bev.

However, it's not so much the relationships themselves that bother me as it is the way the show is going about presenting the House/Cuddy relationship. It's got that NBC "will they/won't they" feel to it. It's been done so many times on good shows and bad ones that it just feels formulaic to me. Formulaic is the last word I expect to use about a show like House.

If they want to get them together, fine, get them together. If not, that's fine too. I just tire of the super-imposed pseudo-tension of it. Like I said, it's among the reasons I finally stopped watching ER however many years ago that was that I stopped watching it.

For the record, I'm don't oppose relationships on shows between characters. After all, these things happen in real life between co-workers and close friends. However, the "will they/won't they" thing is something I've never seen played out in real life the way it is all too often played out on tv. I just don't want to see one of the few great shows go down that cliched road.

Daghain
12-12-2008, 09:36 AM

What her parents got drunk on the night she was conceived? :lol:

Django
12-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Yikes. Sorry if I spoiled anything for you Django. :(

No problem, you didn't spoil anything. I only watch the show for the House character anyway. Don't care much for the rest, or the storyline for that matter.

Rjeso
12-12-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm with Django (great username, BTW) on this one. I can't make myself care about any of the other characters on this show. They're just filler. I'm here for House, and have been since Episode 1. :D

Jon
12-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Well, there have always been relationship issues. House and Cameron, Chase and Cameron, House flirting with Cuddy, Wilson with Amber, etc.

"That was awesome. I gotta start pretending to care." - Dr. "H."

http://housewiki.fox.com/page/House+Quotes

Empath of the White
01-02-2009, 12:23 AM
I got the first season of the this for Christmas. Someone I studied with in micro mentioned it, so I decided to check it out. I'm hooked. I love the way he deals with frustrating patients. I wish I could deal with some of my customers like that! :lol:

idk, my bff jill?
01-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I always thought it was weird that the actors that play Dr. Chase and Dr. Cameron broke up their engagement just as their characters began a relationship in the series.

Jon
01-02-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm just in love with Oliva Wilde!!!

Bev Vincent
01-03-2009, 09:31 AM
She's pretty incredible, I do agree.

Jon
01-19-2009, 11:42 AM
I get to see 13 tonight!!!!!

New night! Monday, 8PM.

jayson
01-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I found out recently that Olivia Wilde is the daughter and niece of three of my favorite political journalists. Andrew Cockburn (her father) and her uncles Alexander and Patrick are all frequent contributors and editors of www.counterpunch.org, a site I read daily.

It only made her even hotter in my eyes.

I :wub: Dr. 13

Jon
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I found out recently that Olivia Wilde is the daughter and niece of three of my favorite political journalists. Andrew Cockburn (her father) and her uncles Alexander and Patrick are all frequent contributors and editors of www.counterpunch.org (http://www.counterpunch.org), a site I read daily.

It only made her even hotter in my eyes.

I :wub: Dr. 13

WOW!!!

I wonder what my wife thinks when I scream out OLIVIA!!!

Yes... much hotter now. Thanks RG.

Now on Monday night!

obscurejude
01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
I can't stand her, but it has nothing to do with politics. I didn't like her in the OC either. Or the Dashboard Confessional video for that matter.

Her popularity is a problem for me, because it means that Fox will probably run with it.

jayson
01-19-2009, 02:08 PM
I can gladly say I never watched even a single second of the OC (other than promos run during other FOX shows) and have never seen the video you speak of so she still works for me. She's a good enough actress for a tv show and she's gorgeous.

obscurejude
01-19-2009, 04:38 PM
I can gladly say I never watched even a single second of the OC (other than promos run during other FOX shows) and have never seen the video you speak of so she still works for me. She's a good enough actress for a tv show and she's gorgeous.

I don't know, I'm just not that attracted to her and I'd much rather watch Jennifer Morrison any day of the week. I think she's overrated, but its just my opinion.

I don't really like any of the story arcs with the minor characters, particularly Taub and 13. Kutchner seems like he might have potential, but he doesn't get a lot of screen time. And by minor, I basically mean the new team. Amber was interesting, but, you know... Anyways, when the focus is on Wilson or Cuddy, I'm a happy guy.

Olivia Wilde played a bi-sexual that had a fling with Adam Brody's and Mischa Barton's character on the OC. She was also the main character in Dashboard Confessional's Stolen video. I know a lot of people consider her eye candy, but she looks too much like an elf for me- the eyebrows, eyes, and nose. I thought Liv Tyler was a sexy elf, but Olivia Wilde just doesn't do it for me. I don't hate her or anything, but I'd much rather see Jennifer Morrison or Lisa Edelstein. Her one redeeming factor, may be that she makes Omar Epps interesting again. He's been boring as hell after his near death experience in season 2 which was phenomenal.

jayson
01-19-2009, 05:23 PM
She's no Jennifer Morrison, that I will grant you. Lisa Edelstein is still attractive, but I thought she was much hotter when she was younger (when she dated George on Seinfeld I thought she was like the hottest thing ever).

I already gave my rant about the story arcs on House. I find most of it a distraction which makes it too much like every other show on television. I prefer it when the episodes have nearly or entirely nothing to do with the previous episode.

Odetta
01-20-2009, 07:04 AM
couldn't they have made the baby Cuddy was supposedly holding at work look just a little less like a doll and more like a real baby?

jayson
01-20-2009, 07:48 AM

We thought the same thing O. As soon as she picked it up out of the crib my wife said "that's a doll!"

Also, briefly back to the subject of Jennifer Morrison's hotness... Am I the only one that wishes every week she would go back to being a brunette? It's not that she's unattractive as a blonde. I don't think Jennifer Morrison can do unattractive, but she was so much hotter as a brunette. The blonde just looks so exceptionally fake.

Back to last night's episode, if Taub said one more time that chronic pain is psychosomatic I was hoping House would hit him in the face with the cane and ask if that pain was psychosomatic. Perhaps as a chronic migraine sufferer since age 3 I took it personally. I have had many people suggest my headaches are psychosomatic and every time I wanted to inflict comparable pain on them to see how they felt. I clearly remember my sister at age 13 getting her first ever headache and crying that she would never make fun of me again if god would just make the pain go away.

Bev Vincent
01-21-2009, 03:24 AM
I loved the last moment of this week's episode, when he realized that he really had been the one to cause the pipes to separate after all.

Matt
01-21-2009, 07:29 AM
I was talking to Aaron and Hannah for the last part of the episode but I loved that too.

He was so intent on making someone else pay for part of it. :lol:

Jon
01-31-2009, 01:29 AM
That moron Foreman is going to blind those beautiful blue eyes! I may never forgive him!

As far as Jennifer Morrison's hotness, she should go back to being a brunette!!

But as much as I like 13, have you ever noticed that they never really show her ass as much as Jennifer Morrison's. I know 13 wears a lab coat but so did Allison! They just went into her life more...and thus tight pants more!!:rose:

jayson
01-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Does anyone else think Dr. Kutner (sp?) should be fired for what he did on last week's episode? My wife and I both did. Not that we don't like him, but he broke the golden rule, he went behind House's back to Cuddy. When Dr. Chase went behind House's back to the African-American guy who was briefly running the hospital in Season 2, he got canned for it and deservedly so. It is not Kutner's job to tattle on House when he doesn't like his methods. In the end, he accidentally caused House to find the answer in that Cuddy's phone call led to the patient getting upset which led to House figuring out the problem, but that was clearly not Kutner's reasoning when he called Cuddy. He should be fired.

Jon
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah it was a bold move but then again. Chase is still around though.

jayson
02-05-2009, 03:29 AM

Yes, he is, but he was fired from House's team. I don't think House has the authority to fire him from the hospital.

Jon
02-05-2009, 11:20 PM

Yes, he is, but he was fired from House's team. I don't think House has the authority to fire him from the hospital.

Aye, but he seems happier.

Odetta
02-06-2009, 07:32 AM
can Foreman have any other look on his face than that disapproving sour-puss look he ALWAYS has?

jayson
02-06-2009, 07:57 AM
I think that's Omar Epps' official "acting face."

Odetta
02-06-2009, 07:59 AM

obscurejude
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
can Foreman have any other look on his face than that disapproving sour-puss look he ALWAYS has?

This is one of my major complaints from this season and the last. I used to think that Omar had a lot of range. Remember when he almost died in Season 2? Those two episodes had me welling up on more than one occasion. It seems like the more he becomes like House that's supposed to somehow make him Stoic, but I think its lame. Get rid of him and Taub and bring Cameron and Chase.

Jon
02-12-2009, 01:37 AM

I'll bet when he's doing 13 he has a smile on his face!

Odetta
02-12-2009, 08:03 AM

This is one of my major complaints from this season and the last. I used to think that Omar had a lot of range. Remember when he almost died in Season 2? Those two episodes had me welling up on more than one occasion. It seems like the more he becomes like House that's supposed to somehow make him Stoic, but I think its lame. Get rid of him and Taub and bring Cameron and Chase.

THat was the best 2 episodes ever! I agree 100%

I still picture him with the same face. (try it! it's funny!)

obscurejude
02-12-2009, 08:07 AM

:rofl: That is pretty funny and appropriate. Its hard to imagine him any other way after the past two seasons.

Jon
02-12-2009, 11:39 PM

I tried...I cannot take my eyes off of Dr. Remy Hadly!

jayson
02-16-2009, 08:04 PM
It is really getting to be enough already with the "will they/won't they?" crap with House and Cuddy. I don't care if they get together. I don't care if they don't get together. Either one would work fine for me. I am just tired of the writers playing this thing out across so many episodes. Pick an option and go with it. When I first started complaining about it at the beginning of this season my wife told me to shut up because it wasn't so bad and it would resolve soon enough. After tonight, she was the one saying "enough already!" to the tv.

Also, if Foreman and 13 have to break up, shouldn't Kutner and Taub have to break up too? :P

obscurejude
02-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Good points Jayson. Its been going on forever and enough is enough.

Taub is such an unnecessary character.

I just don't care about anybody but House, Cuddy, and Wilson- who are all peripheral characters at the moment.

Actually, tonight I enjoyed the patient, which hasn't happened in a long time for me. I wish there was more dialog between him and House. I always enjoy it when he waxes religion with the patients and this priest seemed like he might have given House some kind of run for his money. It would have been cool to take all the scenes with Taub/Kutner, 13/Foreman and just have more conversation with House and the priest.

I used to love this show and watched it almost every day (I have 1-3 on DVD) but it just isn't doing it for me anymore. Season 4 was a big let down and this one looked promising at first, but I'm beginning to get bored with it fairly quickly. I loved the focus on Wilson at the beginning of the season, but I hate this goddamn team.

jayson
02-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Couldn't agree more Ryan. The team is boring the hell out of me, Taub in particular. I don't deal well with self-righteousness from an adulterous former plastic surgeon. I think he was completely out of line finding that kid, though it was a one-dimensional ploy on the writers' part to resolve the molestation question (which was so transparent at that point).

The dynamic between House and the patient were the strong points of the episode, but they were few and far between.

obscurejude
02-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Couldn't agree more Ryan. The team is boring the hell out of me, Taub in particular. I don't deal well with self-righteousness from an adulterous former plastic surgeon. I think he was completely out of line finding that kid, though it was a one-dimensional ploy on the writers' part to resolve the molestation question (which was so transparent at that point).

The dynamic between House and the patient were the strong points of the episode, but they were few and far between.

I thought he was out of line finding that kid, as well. It seemed like a sub plot that the writers forgot about halfway through its development. I kept thinking Taub was going to mention something about being molested, himself, which might have made him a little more sympathetic. Like you, I have no reason to give a damn about him at this point. I couldn't believe it when he was picked last season. I personally really liked the older guy that wasn't really a doctor, but I guess that's neither here nor there. 13 and Kutner seemed promising, but It just hasn't worked well at all. Amber was at least interesting, but...

So many sub plots I couldn't care less about. :arg: I have an interview with David Shore that was filmed around the time of Season 1 where he said that House would always be a procedural show, with House's interaction with the patients at the forefront. It's named "House" because of Shore's affinity for Sherlock Holmes and Wilson is an obvious Watson figure. All this unnecessary drama is really lame to me. I remember thinking tonight, upon learning that Foreman wasn't going to get a recommendation from Cuddy, "Who gives a flying fuck?"

jayson
02-16-2009, 08:40 PM
So many sub plots I couldn't care less about. :orely: I have an interview with David Shore that was filmed around the time of Season 1 where he said that House would always be a procedural show, with House's interaction with the patients at the forefront. He's named "House" because of Shore's affinity for Sherlock Holmes and Wilson is an obvious Watson figure.

That was what originally intrigued me about the show. The parallels between House and Holmes were obvious and made for interesting television. Now it's becoming more and more like ER, which is to say more about the people's private lives than the diagnosis. I don't mind some of it coming in. They are humans and if done sparingly it adds depth to the characters, but it is being overdone and it's just making me hate the characters.

All this unnecessary drama is really lame to me. I remember thinking tonight, upon learning that Foreman wasn't going to get a recommendation from Cuddy, "Who gives a flying fuck?"

I wouldn't give him a rec either. He's damn lucky he's still allowed to practice medicine. Altering a clinical trial because you're in love with one of the participants is pretty unethical.

I have a question though about the whole firing of Foreman and Cuddy's alleged inability to overrule House on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but House didn't rehire Foreman when he came back, Cuddy did. She put him there to be a check and balance on House. So I seriously question whether or not House can fire him, and most assuredly question whether or not Cuddy can overrule him on it. Seems inconsistent to me.

obscurejude
02-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I have a question though about the whole firing of Foreman and Cuddy's alleged inability to overrule House on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but House didn't rehire Foreman when he came back, Cuddy did. She put him there to be a check and balance on House. So I seriously question whether or not House can fire him, and most assuredly question whether or not Cuddy can overrule him on it. Seems inconsistent to me.

That's a really good point, and I thought the same thing when it happened. It seems inconsistent to me as well. Its also true that Foreman is in a much higher position than 13, and I didn't understand why they were made out to be equals, plus House's treatment of the situation seemed overly diplomatic for his character. It would seem that he'd just tell 13 to take a hike, because he clearly admires Foreman's medical opinion more. The situation is further compounded by the theme of hypocrisy in this particular episode and how House responds to the patient's notion that he's a hypocrite because he saves lives. If House's interest in medicine begins and ends with solving complicated puzzles, then surely Foreman is better than 13.

Jon
02-17-2009, 12:09 AM
HOUSE was told to shut up!!!

That was worth watching the whole show!!

Odetta
02-17-2009, 12:05 PM
I can't WAIT for next week!!!!! :panic:

Jon
02-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Ya' figure the lover's quarrel was all a rouse?

Bev Vincent
02-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Absolutely. Foreman applauded 13 for her performance when she came home that night.

jayson
02-19-2009, 06:38 AM
One would think Foreman would have remembered that Cuddy hired him, not House and thus, Cuddy most certainly could overrule House's firing of him (if House even had the authority to do so at all). Of course it wouldn't have taken up nearly as much time in a script as their little ruse.

Girlystevedave
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I have recently gotten pretty hooked on this show. :thumbsup: I blame it on the USA network who aired it for, I think, 18 hours one day. Since then, I will watch it whenever I catch it on tv.

sleeplessdwarf
02-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Things should get more interesting between House and Cuddy. I think it would ruin everything if they allow the two to get together in a real relationship, but how long can they drag out the desire?

Jon
02-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Absolutely. Foreman applauded 13 for her performance when she came home that night.

I must have stepped out for a moment. Thank you.

Jon
02-23-2009, 11:53 PM
He shaved for nothing!!!

Jon
03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
First, fucking A.I prempts... now Jack Bauer does!

jayson
03-05-2009, 01:28 AM
That's always been my problem with the FOX network, there is no such thing as a schedule. Things are on whenever the hell they want them to be. There's no rhyme or reason.

Brice
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
They started that the first week they went on the air. :lol:

Bev Vincent
03-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Did I miss an episode? The last show I saw was the one where House was using methodone and was pain-free, had no further use of his cane. Tonight he had the cane again, didn't he?

jayson
03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
You didn't miss an episode Bev, but perhaps you missed the end of that last one. House decided that he didn't want to be on the methadone because he allowed the patient's mother to request the test House knew was useless. Basically, he realized without the pain he wasn't himself and not helpful to the patients so the pain and the cane are back.

Whidden
03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
The patients wife in this one was really thin skinned. And maybe she actually was a little stupid. Why she kept bringing the child into the room was beyond me.

Glad it worked out though...

Jon
03-10-2009, 12:35 AM
I think this may have been one of the best episodes!

jayson
03-10-2009, 05:10 AM
I agree Whidden, some of the actions taken by the patient's wife only led me to agree with him that she wasn't all that bright.

I have a question about something that came up in last night's episode. Dr. Cuddy claimed that she was 38 years old. I'm not buying it. Now I know that a character is not always supposed to be the same age as the actor portraying that character but I also think there's a range any actor can reasonably play. Lisa Edelstein will be 43 in May. I am not saying she doesn't look fantastic for a woman of any age (except that her new haircut is not flattering) but I don't think she can really play 38.

It's more though than Lisa Edelstein's real age versus Cuddy's alleged age that makes me question it. The reason that it doesn't ring true to me is that it begs the question of House's age? We were told several seasons ago that House and Cuddy were at medical school at the same time, though House was older than her. So assuming both were on four year programs, this would make House no more than four years older than Cuddy. So if Cuddy is 38, this makes House no older than 42. I am not buying that 49 year old Hugh Laurie can play 42. No matter how poorly House has treated himself, he's older than 42.

Matt
03-10-2009, 06:18 AM
That episode raised some discussion in our house about "the stranger" that everyone carries. I was of the opinion that anyone that happened to would say things his loved ones didn't like...that's how people are. They have secret selves.

My daughter was a bit more on her side.

jayson
03-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Same here Matt. To me it seemed like the wife, essentially, wanted her husband to be a fraud. It's one thing that she didn't want him to say the things he thought. Everyone needs some kind of internal editing mechanism to get along in a civil society, but she didn't seem to want him to think anything negative either. That's not possible, or all that emotionally healthy in my opinion.

Then again I have a mild case of that myself. :evil:
I'm not quite House with it, but I have a tendency to simply say whatever it is I'm thinking. It's gotten me in trouble, but people that know me tend to appreciate the honesty. There's no questioning where you stand with me because I'll usually just tell you.

Odetta
03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Did anyone notice the expression on the guy's face as he was being wheeled away at the end?

jayson
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't remember anything specific about it Odetta. What did it look like to you?

Bev Vincent
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I thought the last scene was terrific. When the patient congratulated his wife on her expanded job responsibilities, you could almost see the question on her face. Is he telling me the truth or is he just being nice?

Then, as she was wheeling him out of the room she made a comment to the effect that children are so resilient. They soon forget things. I took that as meaning that adults, on the other hand, don't forget things so easily. Her, specifically. She's not over the hurt and anger at the things he said.

Odetta
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
It looked like he still felt the way he did before and that he wanted to say those things again.

Whidden
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I didn't really understand her line of thought. The husband, while being a grade A ass, is having dangerous brain surgery, is sick as a dog, and she was trying to pick fights with him in the hospital room.

I was cutting the guy a break, and he was just some t.v. character. She was supposed to love him, but she seemed just super petty and pissed off.

I give the daughter an A plus though, she was taking electrical current till it burned her, trying to help her dad out. :couple:

Matt
03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
It looked like he still felt the way he did before and that he wanted to say those things again.

I thought the exact same thing Odetta. I think they may have cured what was wrong with him, but he wasn't really excited about the prospect of going back to "Mr. Nice Guy"...

I mean, you don't have to have something wrong with you to say what you are feeling. It's just that people make a choice not to in a lot of cases.

jayson
03-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I mean, you don't have to have something wrong with you to say what you are feeling. It's just that people make a choice not to in a lot of cases.

Exactly Matt, and I think the guy realized that not only did his wife not want him to ever say negative things, but she didn't want him to think them either.

Matt
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I agree, and that's as tough to deal with as what she had to hear imo.

Also, I was perplexed that everything had to be negative. Seems like he would have some positive stuff he thought also. He may think his wife has a useless job but he thinks she has an amazing singing voice (for instance).

Or his daughter is below average academically (maybe) but her art is breathtaking.

There was bound to be something he liked about something! :lol:

jayson
03-10-2009, 01:07 PM
My wife said the exact same thing Matt. "You'd think he'd have a positive thought every now and again." I guess the closest they came to that was when he told 13 and Cuddy he wanted to do them. :)

Matt
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes, he obviously didn't find his wife sexually attractive because he had no problem mentioning that.

Seems like it was more of a "hurt my family" kind of disease because he made Cuddy feel great!

CRinVA
03-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I thought the last scene was terrific. When the patient congratulated his wife on her expanded job responsibilities, you could almost see the question on her face. Is he telling me the truth or is he just being nice?

Then, as she was wheeling him out of the room she made a comment to the effect that children are so resilient. They soon forget things. I took that as meaning that adults, on the other hand, don't forget things so easily. Her, specifically. She's not over the hurt and anger at the things he said.

That is exactly what I was thinking when the wife spoke of childrne's resiliency! Exactly!

jayson
03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I did think it was one of the best episodes in a long time. It didn't have any of the personal lives stuff about the team and even the Wilson's brother storyline seemed much more about examining the relationship between Wilson and House than it did anything else. Mostly the episode was about figuring out what was wrong with the patient which is when I think the show works best.

Daghain
03-11-2009, 10:51 AM
I agree, and that's as tough to deal with as what she had to hear imo.

Also, I was perplexed that everything had to be negative. Seems like he would have some positive stuff he thought also. He may think his wife has a useless job but he thinks she has an amazing singing voice (for instance).

Or his daughter is below average academically (maybe) but her art is breathtaking.

There was bound to be something he liked about something! :lol:

I think the point was supposed to be that the guy really was like House in the sense that he normally does think like that. The difference is the patient had cultivated a nice-guy persona to cover up what he was really thinking while House is....House. :lol:

I thought it was an awesome episode. I hope they go back to more of this, because, like several of you said, I'm in it for House and really don't care much about the other characters. I also wish they'd go back to doing more scenes in the clinic - those are some of the best moments in the show, IMHO. Like the girl who was using jelly for birth control. :rofl:

Matt
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I think everyone normally thinks like that guy and House Daggers. It just sucks that there was more "honest" positivity in his life.

Daghain
03-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'm lucky my internal censor doesn't quit the job. :lol:

Matt
03-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Exactly! Mine is not as good as it should be sometimes either.

My daughter was horrified that people might think things they don't always say...I asked her to picture herself with that affliction and what she would possibly say to me...

:orely:

She shut up after she thought about that for a minute. :lol:

Doesn't mean you don't love a person imo.

Daghain
03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Very true. Everyone thinks things they'd never dream of saying out loud.

Sometimes you *really* wish you could, though. :lol:

Odetta
03-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Very true. Everyone thinks things they'd never dream of saying out loud.

Sometimes you *really* wish you could, though. :lol:

Dags, I'd do you!

oops!

Brice
03-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I'm lucky my internal censor doesn't quit the job. :lol:

I fired mine years ago. :lol: It is rare that I don't say just what I think.

Daghain
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Odetta - :lol:

And Brice, yeah, I wish I could do that, but I kind of like my job. :lol:

Jon
03-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I give the daughter an A plus though, she was taking electrical current till it burned her, trying to help her dad out. :couple:

Yes...there is NOTHING I like to see more than a child getting electrocuted. :P

But a good job of acting by the young lady. Better than 3 adults in the episode.

This is likely my favorite episode. I may have said that but...I'm old.

Brice
03-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Odetta - :lol:

And Brice, yeah, I wish I could do that, but I kind of like my job. :lol:

I'm a bit more restrained so far on this job. On my last job though I repeatedly told my boss he was a stupid fucking bitch (among other things) and then went back to work. :lol: I also on occasion told him his idea was the dumbest fucking think I'd heard in my life.

Odetta
03-13-2009, 06:36 AM
I've said things like that to my boss, too...

except I'm self-employed...

I wrote myself up for insubordination and got a 3 day suspension!

Daghain
03-13-2009, 07:54 AM
:wtf:

Brice
03-13-2009, 08:57 AM

Brice
03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
In order to be insubordinate one must first be subordinate.

Jon
03-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I've said things like that to my boss, too...

except I'm self-employed...

I wrote myself up for insubordination and got a 3 day suspension!

Make the boss give you a raise!

Odetta
03-14-2009, 02:38 PM
no shit... she's a cheap bitch!

Jon
03-15-2009, 04:32 AM
I hit on her a lot to make her feel creepy!...wait...I already do!

Odetta
03-16-2009, 06:02 AM
I hit on her a lot to make her feel creepy!...wait...I already do!

;)

jayson
03-17-2009, 04:20 AM
I thought last night's episode was another pretty good one. It's nice to see two of those in a row. Once more, most of the episode was about the patient and the team trying to figure out how to treat the patient. It seems like a simple formula to me, and the episodes that work the best for me are the ones that are like that. Even the b-story stuff about Taub and his investment was interesting because it was essentially about how Taub deals with House. I will spoilerize this in case someone has recorded but not yet watched it...

I was somewhat pleased when Taub's banker friend was revealed to be a fraud. I suspected the guy was a fraud pretty quickly and I like to be proven correct. Also, I don't mind moderately bad things happening to him because I don't particularly care for Taub. It seems as if he feels that since he has confessed his affair to his wife and his colleagues that he is now without sin and can cast as many stones as he wishes (which I think falls under 'sin of pride'). Still, he didn't actually give the guy his money and get financially destroyed. He just humiliated himself with House which gives House that mych more power over him.

I also liked the last bit with Kuttner getting his "revenge" on House. I think that should be a lesson to Taub (assuming Kuttner tells him what happened) that House will probably relent with the torment if Taub would just stand up to him, directly. House's biggest complaint seemed to be Taub's cowardice.

Daghain
03-17-2009, 08:53 AM
I liked it too. And I totally agree with your spoilered comments. :)

I loved Kutner's revenge, too.

"Yeah, the cat." :lol:

Odetta
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
I would love to spit cranberry juice at someone sometime... :P

alinda
03-17-2009, 11:52 AM
My sons got me the 1st season on DVD, but dude, was he really arrested by that jerk the other night? :angry:

Bev Vincent
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Taub and the bearclaws was pretty funny. He just missed being Madoffed!

Sometimes I laugh at the leaps they make. Her urine was green. Now it's brown. What might possibly turn something green brown they ask? Blood, I think. red + green = brown. No, it needed something purple, which led to a crazily complicated diagnosis (which just happened to be right).

Whidden
03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I enjoyed how he set up the car at the front of the show, then had it jump the shark at the end of the tube.

Then Cuddy came in and stopped it. It was like she was saying that they haven't jumped the shark yet, they still got good episodes on the way.

I called the old friend way early, that he was a scammer,

but I screwed up on the ending, and thought that the nurse/patient was killing the people. I thought she just killed whoever the cat sat on. I really thought it after House showed her the cat on the coma patient, and then he died. Made a lot of sense to me, but I was totally wrong.

That's fun though, trying to figure out the curve ball, sometimes you get it right, sometime you tank.

Jon
03-20-2009, 07:11 AM
I thought the actor playing Taub put in a less than 100% effort from an acting standpoint. I'd like to see him go.

*GET OFF MY COMPUTER, DAMNED CAT!!!*

jayson
03-20-2009, 08:15 AM
I think that actually was 100% for Peter Jacobson (Taub), part of the reason I don't really like him. He's not the most compelling character and the acting doesn't do much to endear him to me. I saw him recently in an episode of Law & Order (not sure which variety, I think it was regular Law & Order) as a lawyer and he was pretty much the same. He's still a better actor than Omar Epps but then again, who isn't? :evil:

Jon
03-20-2009, 08:25 AM
LOL...good point!

Was it Law and Order light? or Law and Order Summer Ale?

jayson
03-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Was it Law and Order light? or Law and Order Summer Ale?

The other night the guest star on Law & Order SVU was Carol Burnett! We kept calling it Law & Order: Mrs. Wiggins Division. :)

obscurejude
03-20-2009, 09:48 AM
He's still a better actor than Omar Epps but then again, who isn't? :evil:

My only challenge to this statement is the pair of episodes in season 2 where he almost died. I thought he was incredible in so many scenes, but one that jumps out, is when he was blind and detailed all the medication that he was receiving by touch. I know he's capable, so I blame the writing- which just hasn't seemed the same since season three in my opinion. 4 and 5 have had their moments but overall its been sub par, and Foreman is perhaps the clearest example of that.

jayson
03-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I recall those episodes but not Epps' acting in particular so I can't comment one way or the other.

I do agree about the show in general, though as I've mentioned here the last two weeks, I think these most recent episodes are signs that the writing is getting back on track. The show is once again focused on the patient and the diagnosis. I wasn't about to stop watching the show or anything, but it was becoming less and less important to me to watch it the night it was on. The last two weeks have made me more interested again.

obscurejude
03-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Plus, I'm assuming you haven't seen the cinematic masterpiece that is Juice? :P

jayson
03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
No, I was smart enough to skip Juice. Don't forget his stunning performance in Major League II where he took over the challenging role of Willie Mays Hayes from Wesley Snipes, another great thespian :evil:.

obscurejude
03-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh, come on. Omar and Tupac is a force to be reckoned with.

jayson
03-20-2009, 10:46 AM
And yet somehow I've managed to live this long without seeing it. :D

obscurejude
03-20-2009, 10:51 AM
:lol: I haven't seen Major League II and I'm still alive as well.

jayson
03-20-2009, 10:54 AM
There are some movies I was unable to avoid in having a little brother the age of mine. My parents used to make me to take him to the ones they didn't want to see. If not for that, I'd probably not have seen Epps until he was on ER (he was the one who suicided by jumping in front of a train) however many years ago that was (it feels like forever since I stopped watching that show).

obscurejude
03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
15 years of ER. My sister is really into it, so I tend to watch it when she's around though I've never been a devout viewer. I'm assuming this is the final season because of Crichton's death.

jayson
03-20-2009, 11:05 AM
We stopped watching the season Dr. Romano lost his arm to the helicopter. I was already sick of it by then and that scene gave my wife the impetus to finally decide enough was enough. I've heard some talk from friends who still watch it that make me glad I stopped. I would probably have liked seeing Linda Cardellini since I loved her so much on Freaks & Geeks but she'll turn up somewhere else next and maybe it'll be something good.

Matt
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
We stopped at that same time Jayson. Watched it from the beginning and was done.

That scene early on when Dr. Green was beat up in the bathroom was some of the best TV I had ever seen up till then.

jayson
03-20-2009, 11:49 AM
That scene early on when Dr. Green was beat up in the bathroom was some of the best TV I had ever seen up till then.

I agree Matt. The show had a lot of memorable moments early on (the scene you mention certainly among them), then it became more about how much they could shock you. I don't scare or shock or freak out easily, but I see through it and get annoyed.

Jon
03-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Ha!

The "cat" urine on the chair!!

alinda
03-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Question :Why is the cop got it in for House, so bad? It is simply because House was rude to him during examination some weeks back?

My answer!last nights episode really had me feeling like a bigger probe should have been used
Even tho this actor is one I like a lot ...it's David something :wtf:(I forget his name) from the SK movies, you know the one from The Green Mile who played the BIG guard who was out sized by John Coffey?

Bev Vincent
03-23-2009, 02:32 AM
David Morse -- he was also in The Langoliers and Hearts in Atlantis.

jayson
03-23-2009, 04:09 AM
I still think of him as Dr. Morrison from St. Elsewhere.

Daghain
03-23-2009, 08:21 AM
You're exactly right as to why Tritter had it in for House, alinda. :)

obscurejude
03-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Tritter was a dose of reality for House. He seems extreme because of House's extremism. Vogler, similarly as well.

Daghain
03-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Oh yeah, Volger. God, I hated that guy.

obscurejude
03-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh yeah, Volger. God, I hated that guy.

Me too, but he was really acting like any normal business man for the most part. The fact that we as an audience despise him, points to the absurdity of House's character development.

They both made great villains for seasons 1 and 3. Stacey too, but in a much different way in season 2. I, for one, wish seasons 4 and 5 and such clear and clever antagonists.

jayson
03-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Vogler was a joke. He was a poorly written one-dimensional character. He didn't strike me as being the least bit realistic.

The fact that we as an audience despise him, points to the absurdity of House's character development.

I saw a much more crystal clear reason to dislike Vogler aside from his enmity for House. Remember who the guy was. He was the head of a pharmaceutical company (already enough for me to dislike him) who gained the chairmanship of the hospital board through a massive donation who sought to turn the hospital into the testing division of his company. This was plenty of reason for me to dislike the guy even if he turned out to be House's biggest supporter. He continually acted as if his views were exclusively correct because of his financial status and he attempted to use the donation grant he gave to bully the hospital into doing his bidding. That may be typical of business people, but I typically don't like them for that reason. :)

The man was a despicable human being, significantly more so than House who, while not a very good person, ultimately saves lives.

obscurejude
03-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Vogler was a joke. He was a poorly written one-dimensional character. He didn't strike me as being the least bit realistic.

The fact that we as an audience despise him, points to the absurdity of House's character development.

I saw a much more crystal clear reason to dislike Vogler aside from his enmity for House. Remember who the guy was. He was the head of a pharmaceutical company (already enough for me to dislike him) who gained the chairmanship of the hospital board through a massive donation who sought to turn the hospital into the testing division of his company. This was plenty of reason for me to dislike the guy even if he turned out to be House's biggest supporter. He continually acted as if his views were exclusively correct because of his financial status and he attempted to use the donation grant he gave to bully the hospital into doing his bidding. That may be typical of business people, but I typically don't like them for that reason. :)

The man was a despicable human being, significantly more so than House who, while not a very good person, ultimately saves lives.

That's the reality of the health care profession and a clear representation of what a doctor like House would be forced to confront in modern western medicine. Hate him for as many reasons as your heart desires, but my point is that it wouldn't seem as shocking in the context of other characters because Vogler types are rampant all over America.

obscurejude
03-23-2009, 09:36 AM
oh, and absurdity isn't necessarily a negative word, but House couldn't exist in medicine. Maybe he should for various reasons, but he doesn't.

alinda
03-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Speaking from the stand point of a member of a professional medical community
I couldn't agree more. I wish we had Dr's. like House at our hospital. I would enjoy very much working with him. I'm not joking at all.:)

Jon
03-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Even tho this actor is one I like a lot ...it's David something :wtf:(I forget his name) from the SK movies, you know the one from The Green Mile who played the BIG guard who was out sized by John Coffey?

But first he was "Dano" from Hawaii 5-oh!

"Book 'em, Dano!"

How young ARE you people??

Vogler - Chi McBride, the principal from "Boston Public."

Bev Vincent
03-25-2009, 02:18 AM

"Book 'em, Dano!"

No -- that was James McArthur. Morse is about 15 years younger than that actor.

alinda
03-25-2009, 05:16 AM
I guess the few episodes I evidently missed were very important to knowing all the details of their relationships. I will be buying the whole season DVD I suppose, so I can know more, I thought that David Morse's character was a one off (thanks for setting me straight) I am intrigued to say the least!

jayson
03-25-2009, 05:18 AM
It'll make more sense when you see it all Linda. Morse's character (Tritter) was part of a story arc that went across several episodes presenting obstacles for House.

alinda
03-25-2009, 05:22 AM
Yeah, y'all are telling a lot of things I missed, and I am curious as this is one of the few shows I actually attempt to watch on a regular basis. I tried the new show fringe, but keep missing it, my life never really revolved aroung a TV set too much, books being so very important to me and all.My sons gave me season #1 , on DVD, what season is this I dont even know...:wtf:

jayson
03-25-2009, 05:24 AM
House is one of a very few current tv shows that I watch as well.

Daghain
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
TiVo is your friend, let me tell you. I never watch anything at the same time it's actually on. :lol:

jayson
03-25-2009, 10:01 AM
TiVo is your friend, let me tell you. I never watch anything at the same time it's actually on. :lol:

Indeed. The DVR is among the greatest inventions ever. We give House about a 30 minute head start and then we can watch it without commercials.

alinda
03-25-2009, 11:18 AM
yeah, I know a guy that has that, but I just don't watch enough TV to justify the cost of all that satellite stuff.I'd be paying to watch like 1 or 2 shows a week?:wtf:

Daghain
03-25-2009, 11:25 AM
I've been known to do that, too. :)

Jon
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM

"Book 'em, Dano!"

No -- that was James McArthur. Morse is about 15 years younger than that actor.

Thank you! I wondered how he stayed so damn young!

Jon
03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Linda...I offer you my full set of HOUSE MD DVDs to borrow.

This season is the only I do not have...PM me.

Jon
03-30-2009, 11:04 AM
We have a common phrase around our house. Whenever someone has an epiphany, we call it a "53" moment. It seems that the good Doctor most always has HIS epiphany at 53 minutes after the hour (by our clock.)

Bev Vincent
03-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Tonight's episode was pretty cool. They tried their best to do the whole thing from the patient's point of view, but ultimately had to break away when that stopped being practical. The French movie The Diving Bell and the Butterfly did the same thing, telling the real-life story of an editor who suffered a cerebral incident and ended up with locked-in syndrome. He didn't recover, but he managed to learn to communicate through blinking one eye and ultimately wrote an entire book through blinks. Someone would read out the letters of the alphabet in order of frequency and he would blink when the person reached the right one. Can you imagine the dedication something like that would require?

Jon
03-30-2009, 10:09 PM
I dearly loved the perspective taken on the episode.

HOUSE SAW A SHRINK!

jayson
03-31-2009, 06:55 AM
It was an interesting episode. The patient perspective thing was a good device, but there were times when it got a bit tiresome. I love Mos Def, but I'm not sure he was the best choice for the role. The humorous parts he handled perfectly, but the more subtle aspects of his character I thought could have been a bit better. Still, a good episode overall as, once again, it was about the patient.

Daghain
03-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Agreed. I did love some of Mos Def's comments, though, like thinking Foreman should tell his story to someone who could walk away. :lol:

And yeah, the shrink! I think they glossed over that, though - I think it could have been done better.

jayson
03-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Agreed. I did love some of Mos Def's comments, though, like thinking Foreman should tell his story to someone who could walk away. :lol:

Right, that kind of stuff I thought Mos Def did a great job with. He's got a great sense of comedic timing.

And yeah, the shrink! I think they glossed over that, though - I think it could have been done better.

I was glad the shrink was just a mention. The last thing I want to see is a whole bunch of scenes with House and his shrink. Tony Soprano and Dr. Melfi was enough for me.

Daghain
03-31-2009, 07:41 AM
No, I didn't want to see a bunch of that either, but a few minutes might have been funny. It felt kind of glossed over, for some reason. Maybe it was the different format that made it feel that way.

I also loved how Taub was all freaked out he would lose his job, and I'll admit I was half-hoping he would.

jayson
03-31-2009, 07:44 AM
I'd be lying if I said I wanted Taub to stay. Taking credit for Kuttner's idea didn't endear him to me any more. It just made me think he's even more of a weasel. I thought the scene with Dr. Cameron was a good one. I still miss the old team. Or perhaps I just miss all the screen time they used to give Jennifer Morrison. :wub:

Daghain
03-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Weasel is the perfect way to describe Taub. :lol:

I'm liking Kutner more; when he was first on I wasn't thrilled with him but I think he's really getting into his character more.

I think my problem with Taub is he gives the impression that he's better than everyone because he used to be a plastic surgeon and he's wasting his time with House.

Bev Vincent
03-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Mos Def's scenes on the beach were terrific. They allowed "House" to be a different person, because it was completely an artificial construct.

obscurejude
03-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I'd be lying if I said I wanted Taub to stay. Taking credit for Kuttner's idea didn't endear him to me any more. It just made me think he's even more of a weasel. I thought the scene with Dr. Cameron was a good one. I still miss the old team. Or perhaps I just miss all the screen time they used to give Jennifer Morrison. :wub:

With scenes like that one, I just can't help but ask why the hell they changed something so drastically that was never broken.

On another note, I'd like to see House with a shrink. I wouldn't mind if they spent a lot screen time on it either.

Bev Vincent
03-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah, that would be even funnier than Charlie and his shrink on Two-and-a-half Men.

obscurejude
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that would be even funnier than Charlie and his shrink on Two-and-a-half Men.

:lol: Nice parallel Bev and that actually crossed my mind. I think it would be very entertaining. I'm all about diving into House's character, I'm just not that concerned about the newer characters for the most part.

razz
03-31-2009, 01:59 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/83/House_and_Wilson_Caramelldansen.gif
oh yeah, i went there.

Jon
03-31-2009, 09:44 PM
I just want him to do more clinic time. Clinic scenes are great!!

obscurejude
04-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I just want him to do more clinic time. Clinic scenes are great!!

Me too Jon. Those were such a big part of it the first two seasons.

Daghain
04-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I wish they'd add more clinic time, too. I still LMAO about the girl who was using "jelly" for birth control. :rofl:

Jon
04-01-2009, 11:58 PM
And the old lady who said there was more pressure to put out than in high school.

obscurejude
04-02-2009, 12:31 AM
And

The guy who tried to circumcise himself.

Jon
04-02-2009, 12:56 AM
OUCH!!!!

Daghain
04-03-2009, 10:32 AM
All of those - priceless!

Oh, and

The guy who's kid put coins all over him and spotted up his sunburn. :lol: