PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! Stupid Teacher is STUPID!!

Sam
03-12-2010, 10:10 PM
This is one of the worst things I have seen from a teacher since I was in the 5th grade and had one a LOT like this. All I can say is "Holy shit does someone need to get fucking FIRED!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v1EjZ0XegI

Ageless Stranger
03-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Instead of spewing out all the hateful obscenities I'm thinking right now, I'll just say that that is VERY unprofessional. Also, he should loose his job.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
03-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Stupid blocked websites from work!

Jean
03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Instead of spewing out all the hateful obscenities I'm thinking right now, I'll just say that that is VERY unprofessional. Also, he should loose his job.
...and be denied the right to ever teach again, not even to mad dogs. What he did is putting a stigma on her, relating to her personality, not to the quality of her work. It is not only unprofessional - for a teacher, it's a crime. People here might know that I don't believe in pampering children, but here's something I believe very strongly: you can't say to a child what he is or isn't (loser, slacker, bad son, whatever), only what he has done. "You've done a really shitty job of this!" might mean "I believe you can do better", while "you're incapable of doing anything properly" is branding him, and deep. I think anyone can remember being branded something like that in their chilhood, and how for long the brand stayed - maybe forever.

Ageless Stranger
03-13-2010, 12:43 AM
...and be denied the right to ever teach again, not even to mad dogs.

Oh, absolutely! I should have made that clear in my first post. NEVER TEACH AGAIN YOU STUPID ASSCLOWN!

John_and_Yoko
03-13-2010, 12:48 AM
For my own peace of mind I have refrained from watching that video. The title already says more than enough.

What kind of teacher writes THAT, like they have a vendetta or something?

Jean
03-13-2010, 12:53 AM
For my own peace of mind I have refrained from watching that video. The title already says more than enough.
I wish I had done the same. They show the kid, you know? The kid. A real live one, who doesn't fucking deserve it that any asshole with a diploma passes judgement on her personality.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
03-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Must be bad to evoke such a visceral response from the bear.

Jean
03-13-2010, 01:05 AM
It was bad. You know, if he had, God forbid, hit her, it would only have meant he had lost his temper, and it could have been explained to her; moreover, there would have been no two opinions among the schoolboard as to whether or not he should be fired. Now, though, he kinda didn't do anything "special"; he "frankly" said what he thought, he probably wanted to "encourage" the girl to do better in the future, - and sticks and stones, and all that shit. I mean, it is hardly indictable, - being, to bears' mind, something that can't be done to a kid under any circumstances (which I tried to expand on in my first post).

Letti
03-13-2010, 01:05 AM
You know what the really sad thing is? If such teachers had to go to jail the jails would be full of them.

Ageless Stranger
03-13-2010, 01:13 AM
I just can't believe anyone would talk to a child that way. Ya know?

BROWNINGS CHILDE
03-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Wow, maybe I'm glad that I can't see this video.

Letti
03-13-2010, 01:17 AM

Many.

Sam
03-13-2010, 04:58 AM

I wish I could believe the same way but experience taught me better. I had a teacher who did the same to me, calling me worthless quite a few times in front of the class. I was 10. Now I'm 35, 25 years later, and I sometimes feel like I'm going to be 10 forever. I still have trouble feeling like I am worth anything and whether I like it or not, I have to be reminded by others that I am worth being around. Without those reminders, I tend to retreat into myself and become an antisocial hermit.

Nerak
03-13-2010, 06:55 AM
asshat!!! Draw and quarter him! How can anyone do that to a child?!?!? That's just soooo wrong!

John Blaze
03-13-2010, 07:03 AM
At the least he's an idiot who shouldn't be teaching.

When I was in HS I was a slacker. Scraped by, you know. Oz from BTVS. One day the school counselor told me I shouldn't bother applying to any colleges because i was too stupid to go. a week later I went and took the ACT test with most of my senior class. Scored highest in my school. Rubbed it in his face. :D

There are many stupid teachers out there, hopefully the backlash and public outcry in this instance will teach them all to stfu and teach. That's their job, not giving un asked for opinions.

Brice
03-13-2010, 07:12 AM
They should launch an investigation into whether she really is a loser.

Ok, yeah...I'm just fuckin' with y'all. Like Sam I had to deal with similar things and the issues that go along with them...not at school so much as at home though. Shit like this can fuck a kid up for life.

Woofer
03-13-2010, 08:10 AM
...and be denied the right to ever teach again, not even to mad dogs. What he did is putting a stigma on her, relating to her personality, not to the quality of her work. It is not only unprofessional - for a teacher, it's a crime. People here might know that I don't believe in pampering children, but here's something I believe very strongly: you can't say to a child what he is or isn't (loser, slacker, bad son, whatever), only what he has done. "You've done a really shitty job of this!" might mean "I believe you can do better", while "you're incapable of doing anything properly" is branding him, and deep. I think anyone can remember being branded something like that in their chilhood, and how for long the brand stayed - maybe forever.

It was bad. You know, if he had, God forbid, hit her, it would only have meant he had lost his temper, and it could have been explained to her; moreover, there would have been no two opinions among the schoolboard as to whether or not he should be fired. Now, though, he kinda didn't do anything "special"; he "frankly" said what he thought, he probably wanted to "encourage" the girl to do better in the future, - and sticks and stones, and all that shit. I mean, it is hardly indictable, - being, to bears' mind, something that can't be done to a kid under any circumstances (which I tried to expand on in my first post).

Jean, I agree 100%. Even when I am disciplining the kittehs, I don't say "Bad kitteh!" I say "Gabbette, look at that. You have done a bad thing!" How hard is it to learn that tactic? Not very. Name calling is never appropriate for a teacher. Never. And I say this from both a student and teach standpoint, as I know Jean does. I expect Tamez and Toni would feel the same.

I wish I could believe the same way but experience taught me better. I had a teacher who did the same to me, calling me worthless quite a few times in front of the class. I was 10. Now I'm 35, 25 years later, and I sometimes feel like I'm going to be 10 forever. I still have trouble feeling like I am worth anything and whether I like it or not, I have to be reminded by others that I am worth being around. Without those reminders, I tend to retreat into myself and become an antisocial hermit.

They should launch an investigation into whether she really is a loser.

Ok, yeah...I'm just fuckin' with y'all. Like Sam I had to deal with similar things and the issues that go along with them...not at school so much as at home though. Shit like this can fuck a kid up for life.

Yes, yes it can. Like you guys, I was always a bit of an outsider, different. I definitely remember those incidents in my childhood. I remember one teacher joking with another about me and laughing about what I'd done. I was in second grade, but I can still see her face (ETA: I'm 46).

Woofer
03-13-2010, 08:21 AM
I just featured this video on my youtube page with this comment:

Hi all. I will be updating my playlists this weekend as I begin, I hope, to return to a regular schedule here.

Angry Woofer is angry:
I'd like to ask my subscribers and anyone who visits to watch the featured video and spread the word. This teacher needs to be fired. As a former teacher (and a former student, of course), I condemn his actions as far more damaging than helpful. He claims he is just "relating" to the students, but writing LOSER on a student's assignment is inexcusable.

Circulate this video. This teacher needs to be canned and banned from teaching.

Perhaps he should, instead, take a job as a personal trainer. Then people will pay him good money to call them losers while he encourages them to work out.

I know it isn't much, but maybe the YT community will take interest. If enough internet protesting is evidenced, he might even get reprimanded, though I don't think he'll get what he deserves, e.g., he will probably not lose his job.

alinda
03-13-2010, 08:25 AM
:pullhair: Ugh! I can add nothing but my agreement to what has been posted
thusfar. When will we as a species learn how to be nurturing and loving when
we are in power possitions? What the world needs more of are teachers more
like.......YOU!:grouphug: I wish I could write to the student, and undo what
was said somehow, this is really so crappy.

Daghain
03-13-2010, 09:55 AM
What a shitty excuse for a teacher. He definitely needs to be fired.

Ves'Ka Gan
03-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Like Jean, I don't believe in pampering children either---I saw this earlier and couldn't believe it. Not just once did he do this, but several times--and not just to this student! Abhorrent behavior from an adult who is supposed to be a role model. I could almost buy his "relating to the students" BS if these were older students but in SIXTH grade? We're talking ten/eleven year olds.

It's despicable, and if it were my child, I'd be in the administration office everyday until something was done. If I am not mistaken, there is a petition going around to revoke his tenure.

Sam
03-13-2010, 08:01 PM
There needs to be a boot going around the homes of the children he teaches so each of the parents can pull it on and see just how far they can put it in his ass.

On a completely different, but very strangely associated note, today at a major local karate tournament where my students were competing, I see the very person who I mentioned earlier. I never spoke to or acknowledged the woman, more because I was afraid if I started, I wouldn't be able to stop. I concentrated on the tasks at hand and the kids I was responsible for. I know I did very well by paying her no mind, but that ten year old kid still wishes I was sitting in a jail cell right now for choking the life out of her. There are so many things wrong with that, and yet it's still there. Sometimes I feel like I'll be ten forever.

Candice Dionysus
03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I was really glad to see Jean's thoughts on this subject.

When I was 11 through 13 years old the principal at my school did something very similar, and even tried to tell my parents there was something wrong with me and once called child services on us for no reason, and over-all picked on my younger brother and I. He never got fired, it's not like he's not entitled to his own opinion. However, how a person feels should not effect the treatment of the children under their care, there shouldn't be a set of rules for my brother and I, and another for everyone else.

If I ever saw that man again now I would probably spit on him. Did you know he used to compare me to his son? I almost said "hey, I'm not your son. First of all, I'm a girl, and second, if I found out I was related to you, I'd either kill myself or run away to the furthest possible place I could manage." one time when he compared me to his boy, but I was feeling particularly silent that day, so I kept it to myself.

The world is becoming a worse and worse place... But at least he didn't try to sleep with her. :shoot:

Tito_Villa
03-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Should never teach again... this makes me very :(

Brice
03-14-2010, 04:05 AM
Straight up...it's child abuse and he should be prosecuted for child abuse.

alinda
03-14-2010, 06:09 AM
:thumbsup: I think your right Brice. Mind and heart
pain are often the very worse kind to overcome.

Telynn
03-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Growing up we had an art teacher (art of all things!) that made my older sister tear up a picture (she didn't tear it up, she MADE my sister tear it up). My mom was soooo upset that she went and raised holy hell at the school. Because the bitch had tenyear (sp?) she couldn't be fired. But they did talk to her and she didn't say one word to my brother and me. In my second year of having art class, she retired and the lady who replaced her was soooo nice. Like night and day. The kids enjoyed drawing. I can't draw, but I started to enjoy that class because this teacher only cared that you honestly tried. At that age teachers can really leave an impression. I think to this day my sister remembers having to tear up her own picture.

Now IF this guy taught high school, and IF he was in a joking around situation and IF the kid was also joking around, I can see him calling a student a loser. Depending on the teacher and kid, I can definetly see it. But 1) this kid was waaaay too young for that. 2) this was on a paper. Offical. Not joking around.

Guy should be fired. Period.

Jean
03-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Growing up we had an art teacher (art of all things!) that made my older sister tear up a picture (she didn't tear it up, she MADE my sister tear it up). why didn't the bitch make her cut off her finger instead? why half-measures?

Woofer
03-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Submitted it to Failblog as Epic Educator Fail - anything to get this story the exposure it needs.

Heather19
03-14-2010, 04:08 PM
You would think that with all the publicity that school bullying has been getting lately, they would also apply that to teachers and do something about this. What he did is just plain wrong, and he should be punished for it.

Hannah
03-16-2010, 09:25 AM
I was pissed off about Paris's teacher banning the word "easy" from the classroom (she didn't want one kid to say something was easy because it might hurt another kid's feelings if that kid thinks it is hard), but after watching that video I'm just kind of glad that Paris's teacher actually cares enough to try to protect the kids from feeling hurt in the first place.

What a fucker! Someone needs to carve loser in his forehead. :)

Daghain
03-16-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't know. The easy thing wouldn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I think I'd rather have my kid figure out that not everyone is smart at the same things/in the same way as everyone else sooner rather than later. As long as the kid's not being a douche about it and flaunting it, I don't see the problem.

I'm a big proponent of not babying anybody.

Hannah
03-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't know. The easy thing wouldn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I think I'd rather have my kid figure out that not everyone is smart at the same things/in the same way as everyone else sooner rather than later. As long as the kid's not being a douche about it and flaunting it, I don't see the problem.

I'm a big proponent of not babying anybody.

See that's exactly why the easy thing bothered me. My kid can't say easy because some other kid might get hurt feelings. Like I give a shit. But ... all I was saying that I was so pissed off about that, and this situation seems to put that in perspective for me. I'd rather have a teacher that cares too much about the kid's feelings than a teacher calling my kid a loser.

Daghain
03-16-2010, 10:45 AM
True, but I'd think either one of those is a bad thing, either too much of a hardass, or not hardass enough.

It's a fine line there.

Woofer
03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
See I don't think Rex Rowland is a hard ass. I think he's an asshole who gets his jollies bullying kids. I'm no "handle everyone with kid gloves" type, but I am a proponent of treating kids as people and not toys or decorations or accoutrements for one's outfit. To that end, I believe that adults who are in positions of power over children should be held to a higher standard of classroom behavior.

Do we want to teach kids that it is right to behave as Rex Rowland did? Do we want to raise more and more bullies or assholes? Isn't that the one thing this world has enough of already? Well, that and idiots.

Jean
03-16-2010, 11:24 AM
I am completely with Daghain on the "easy" issue: PC can be extremely dangerous for kids's normal development, either turning them into hypocrytes, or making them hopelessly confused about things the world is made of. Am also with Woofer on "hardass vs. asshole" controversy.

alinda
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
I am so grateful I had good teachers!:couple:

Daghain
03-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah, he's definitely more asshole than hardass. I was just trying to make the point that neither end of the spectrum is particularly good.

Jean
03-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Yeah, he's definitely more asshole than hardass. I was just trying to make the point that neither end of the spectrum is particularly good.
... and neither is the golden middle. That's the problem with teaching. You can rely only on your own tact and common sense and intelligence. There's no set guidelines you can follow, and the best recipes taken from best teachers can turn into something monstrous in the hands of bad ones.

Woofer
03-16-2010, 02:58 PM
I know, Daggers, but I had to point that out because I've been reading so many people defending him. The three main defenses are as follows:

He's making her tough.
Maybe she is a real loser. or She shouldn't be so much of a loser, then.
She needs to learn some win and some lose in life.

And Jean, you are correct about no middle ground. Good teaching relies on head and the heart rather than one or the other. As long as the teacher views the students as little wind-up toys to fuck with however he wishes, though, he cannot be a good teacher.

I'd like to address the term PC a moment because I hear a lot of people here (southern U.S.) use the term PC when they mean they wish they could be calling someone a n!gger, spic, wet back, Tony, etc. There is a big difference in being PC - which simply means not being deliberately racist, sexist, or offensive - and going overboard with trying to spare feelings by changing fireman to fireperson (what's wrong with firefighter anyway?) or policeman to police person (again, I fail to see why officer doesn't suffice).

Anyway, I shall climb down off my soapbox. In case you all hadn't noticed, I feel very passionately about this.

Sam
03-16-2010, 07:16 PM
My turn. There are going to be people defending him. That's a fact and for certain. There are also people who believe the Holocaust never happened despite evidence to the contrary and people who believe JFK is still alive and well. My point is that there are fools and morons in every facet of life and any person who believes he was doing good by telling that child she was a loser is a fool. No PC about it. Any teacher that thinks it's a good idea to bully a child is a fool and anyone who defends them is too. This was a child. Not a high school senior (though it would still be wrong of a teacher to do that) that knows about life, but a child who is still learning what life is about and forming their ideas about themselves and what proper behaviors are. Not to mention still easily molded into what the adults around them form them into. Loser? No, but she certainly did lose when she got that asshole for a teacher. Hopefully his dumb ass hasn't scarred her permanently like many other children with bad teachers have been.

Woofer
03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
My turn. There are going to be people defending him. That's a fact and for certain. There are also people who believe the Holocaust never happened despite evidence to the contrary and people who believe JFK is still alive and well. My point is that there are fools and morons in every facet of life and any person who believes he was doing good by telling that child she was a loser is a fool. No PC about it. Any teacher that thinks it's a good idea to bully a child is a fool and anyone who defends them is too. This was a child. Not a high school senior (though it would still be wrong of a teacher to do that) that knows about life, but a child who is still learning what life is about and forming their ideas about themselves and what proper behaviors are. Not to mention still easily molded into what the adults around them form them into. Loser? No, but she certainly did lose when she got that asshole for a teacher. Hopefully his dumb ass hasn't scarred her permanently like many other children with bad teachers have been.

*nods in affirmation* Sam, I'd even venture that doing that to a HS student is equally a bad idea, but not necessarily for the same reasons. Imagine the child scarred by some teacher like Rowland slowly turns to delinquency between 6th and 12th grade but somehow manages not to drop out. That insult - the HS teacher calling the teenager a loser - could be the last straw that results in a violent confrontation.

On the other hand, one could say that there is so much craziness in the world, it's probably best to refrain from verbally attacking anyone unless you live by the Klingon belief system. :orely: But that is another topic for another day.

Brice
03-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Sam, aren't you concerned about the damage you're doing to that teacher's psyche by calling him stupid? :cyclops:

Ageless Stranger
03-17-2010, 05:01 AM
Sam, aren't you concerned about the damage you're doing to that teacher's psyche by calling him stupid? :cyclops:

:wtf:

Woofer
03-17-2010, 05:52 AM
I don't think any more could be done considering how the teacher behaves now. I suppose instead of writing LOSER he could write FUCKWAD.

Sam
03-17-2010, 11:06 AM

Ye... no. I'm more concerned about damaging the heel of my boot as it goes up his dumb ass. Seriously, I'd like to kick the fool right in the side of his head.

Did I mention this sort of stuff makes me absolutely livid with fury?

Woofer
03-17-2010, 04:10 PM
I wish I had 500 pair of feet so I could break off 499 in his ass.

cozener
03-18-2010, 04:43 AM
How about this teacher?

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/03/weird_teacher_watch_veteran_te.php

Brice
03-18-2010, 05:12 AM
She refused a corrective plan of action which apparently included not stabbing children. :lol: Credit is due to her though...I mean how many people have the level of conviction to their principles where they won't even just say they won't stab children anymore...even if it's a lie to get their job back? Batshit craziness aside, this lady's got unwavering conviction. I bet that little fucker learned some manners that day. :angry: All sillyness aside I'm not sure which is scarier her or the one on the school board that still wanted to return her to her position.

Woofer
03-18-2010, 05:30 AM
Can we send her to stab Rex Rowland in the arm?

Aside: I hate that his last name is pronounced Roland. Grrrrr.

Brice
03-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Maybe we can get her to stab that other teacher? :orely: I mean farting incessantly and willfully is rude and calling people (especially children <_< )names is rude. Is it too much to hope that psycho bitch might make that connection and go all stab stabbity stab on his loser ass?

Woofer
03-18-2010, 06:07 AM
Can we send her to stab Rex Rowland in the arm?

Aside: I hate that his last name is pronounced Roland. Grrrrr.

Maybe we can get her to stab that other teacher? :orely: I mean farting incessantly and willfully is rude and calling people (especially children <_< )names is rude. Is it too much to hope that psycho bitch might make that connection and go all stab stabbity stab on his loser ass?

*high 8 and 2 dew claws*

Brice
03-18-2010, 06:19 AM
:D

cozener
03-18-2010, 10:01 AM
The world is full of crappy teachers. But at least you can say that this teacher...asshole that he is...seemed to be passionate about his job :lol:. I had one real buttwart of a teacher in middle school. It was my math teacher. Math has always been my worst subject. One day I came to class without my homework...didn't do it because I didn't understand it. Her punishment for me was to send me outside to sit in the hall while class was going on. So what happened the next day? Got sent out to the hall because I didn't have my homework that I, golly gee, for some reason didn't know how to do. It went on like that the whole year. After a couple of weeks of being cast out of class I just stopped bothering to go into the classroom and just sat down by the door in the hall and worked on homework for my other classes, drew, whatever. Occasionally she'd come out to ask how I was...maybe give me a homework assignment that I had no clue how to do. As you might imagine I failed the class. Do this day I have no idea how it was that everyone at the school knew what was going on...teachers, principal, counselors but my parents never had any idea. (I certainly didn't tell them) After that my parents packed me off to a school for dyslexics. :)

Telynn
03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
How about this teacher?

Why wasn't the police called? If my child came home from school after being physically assulted like that you better believe the police would be hauling her ass away.

Brice
03-18-2010, 07:35 PM
The police are too slow. I'd go vigilante on the bitch. :dance:

Woofer
03-18-2010, 08:31 PM
You know she would've freaked out if the kid had jumped up and started wailing on her in response.

Jon
03-19-2010, 09:42 AM
How about this teacher?

Why wasn't the police called? If my child came home from school after being physically assulted like that you better believe the police would be hauling her ass away.

SHE REFUSED "THE PLAN!!!!"

Hannah
03-19-2010, 11:27 AM
She refused a corrective plan of action which apparently included not stabbing children. :lol: Credit is due to her though...I mean how many people have the level of conviction to their principles where they won't even just say they won't stab children anymore...even if it's a lie to get their job back? Batshit craziness aside, this lady's got unwavering conviction. I bet that little fucker learned some manners that day. :angry: All sillyness aside I'm not sure which is scarier her or the one on the school board that still wanted to return her to her position.

I have school districts as clients and I can tell you definitively that it is very hard to fire a teacher. In some cases the union gets involved, and in others the teacher will appeal and end up getting reinstated, or getting a settlement ... this is, of course, on top of the unemployment funds they are collecting (for which the school district has to reimburse the state). These are rules and regulations set in place to protect the teachers. But who protects the students and the taxpayers? Even the administrator's hands are tied. It's sad.

pathoftheturtle
03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
... tenyear (sp?) ..."tenure"

Telynn
03-19-2010, 06:47 PM
... tenyear (sp?) ..."tenure"

Yeah, that. I knew I was spelling it wrong, but was too lazy to look it up. :P

Jon
03-20-2010, 01:22 AM
Just to make it easy on you Tel...http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tenure

Brice
03-20-2010, 02:44 AM

I have school districts as clients and I can tell you definitively that it is very hard to fire a teacher. In some cases the union gets involved, and in others the teacher will appeal and end up getting reinstated, or getting a settlement ... this is, of course, on top of the unemployment funds they are collecting (for which the school district has to reimburse the state). These are rules and regulations set in place to protect the teachers. But who protects the students and the taxpayers? Even the administrator's hands are tied. It's sad.

Oh, I know the whole school system in this country is fucked up. And yes, it's difficult for them to let a teacher go. It would be easier and more effective if the principal or super just stabbed those teachers with a pen when they act up. :lol: I remember reading about one school district up north (might have been New York) that had teacher's on admin. leave sit in a classroom all day rather then risk letting them go before their appeals processes were gone through thoroughly. Some teacher's had sat in those classrooms for YEARS with pay and could do basically what they wanted...read, play games, job hunt, surf the internet. While other school disricts don't have that kind of backlog this is still done in some other places I think.

Telynn
03-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Just to make it easy on you Tel...http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tenure

:P