View Full Version : Giveaway #5--Wizard and Glass Advanced Review Copy

Matt
03-04-2010, 11:48 PM
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/599/wandg.jpgGiveaway #5
Wizard and Glass
Advanced Review Copy
Still in Plastic

Synopsis:

Part IV of an epic quest. Roland the Gunslinger and his followers have to contend with a sentient monorail intent on killing itself and taking them with it. While seeking to return to the Path of the Beam that will lead them to the Dark Tower, Roland tells his friends a story about the tragic loss of his first love, Susan Delgado.

-stephenking.com

This item will be given away in a drawing for anyone who won an auction or donated to the fundraiser between 3/1/10 and 3/15/10

Please donate if you can, this is a really unique item. :clap:

Anyone who was a member on or before 12/31/09 can turn in their beam buck for one free entry into this giveaway.

Sickrose
03-05-2010, 01:46 AM
May I use my beam bucks for this one ??

biomieg
03-05-2010, 02:06 AM
I just made my donation :) glad you have some ARC/proof stuff in the giveaways, too!

Matt
03-05-2010, 04:15 AM
You sure can sickrose :thumbsup:

Thanks biomeig, I really hope one of you guys wins it.

Sickrose
03-05-2010, 05:26 AM
You sure can sickrose :thumbsup:

Thanks biomeig, I really hope one of you guys wins it.

bast_imret
03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Matt, I'd like to use my beam bucks for this giveaway.

CRinVA
03-05-2010, 07:25 AM
And I will user my beam bucks for a chance at this giveaway also!

Tito_Villa
03-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Could i use my beambucks for this?

Hannah
03-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Of course, Tito! Also noted: CRinVA, sick rose, and bast imret. Good luck, guys!

Ricky
03-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I'll cash in my beam bucks for this one too. :)

gsvec
03-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Made my first donation to be in this one. Saving my beam bucks for now! :evil:

inertia1215
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
would like to use my beam bucks for this one!! Thanks!!

Patrick
03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Hannah, please use my Beam Bucks entry for this Giveaway. Thanks!

SynysterSaint
03-06-2010, 03:11 AM
I would like to cash in my ol' beam buck for this giveaway, please! Wizard & Glass is my favorite Dark Tower book :cool:

Hannah
03-08-2010, 02:24 PM
okay ricky, inertia1215, synystersaint, and patrick. :)

Patrick
03-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Thank you, Hannah... Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet?

Ricky
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Thank you, Hannah... Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet? Did I win yet?

Didn't you see it posted in the Random Stream of Consciousness thread? Yes, you won!

I lie. :lol:

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I have some questions since I have never participated in these giveaways before, being somewhat new here.

What are we donating to?

How do we donate?

What is considered a valid donation?

Hannah
03-09-2010, 12:53 PM

Yes, you won my friendship! So much better than a W&G ARC - right?

I have some questions since I have never participated in these giveaways before, being somewhat new here.

What are we donating to?

How do we donate?

What is considered a valid donation?

Hi, ur2nd!

Donations go to the Haven Foundation.

Per Stephen King on the Haven Foundation website, (http://www.thehavenfdn.org/) here are the goals of the Haven Foundation:

First, to establish a compassionate and committed group of board members willing to sift through cases and identify those where the need seems to be the greatest. These “greatest need” cases would be freelance artists—writers, readers, and those in the associated publishing industry—who have found themselves unable to work due to disease or accident. We will also be focusing on freelancers associated with the book and publishing industry who lost their homes and work spaces (with freelancers these are often the same) as a result of Hurricane Katrina.

You can donate via Paypal or check. There is a link to donate at the home page of the forum (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/index.php?). Also, see this thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=9912) for more info on exactly how to donate.

All donations are valid. Please see this thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=9836) for specific information concerning the giveaways and giveaway entries.

Matt
03-09-2010, 12:54 PM
There are several threads in this forum that explain the whole thing but I'll break it down quick and easy for you.

The funds from this are donated to The Haven Foundation. This a charity Stephen King set up to help freelance artists in their times of need. He was inspired to do so after Frank Muller (voice on several of his audio books) was injured in a motorcycle accident. This is our 3rd annual and we have raised over 10,000 to give them so far overall.

You can donate through paypal to: havenfunds@thedarktower.org

or you can mail me a check to save paypal fees to:

Haven Fundraiser
c/o Matt Rayne
51 Pinetree Place
Parachute, CO 81635

**Please make the check out to me or TheDarkTower.com**

A valid donation is any amount but if you would like to participate in the giveaways, we're looking for 20.00. You can also donate collectible books for auction or win a contest we have going on.

If you were here before 12/31/09 you also have one free entry to any giveaway just for being a member.

Hope that helps.

Plus what Hannah said because we were posting at the same time :couple:

Hannah
03-09-2010, 12:58 PM
But Matt, you said it so much better than me! :huglove:

Patrick
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Yes, you won my friendship! So much better than a W&G ARC - right?

Absolutely. :wub:

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Thank you Hannah and Matt for the information.

I joined 10-13-09 so I guess I'll use my one free entry here, since that is a very nice proof!

I will send you a check for $20. The Haven Foundation sounds like a very worthwhile cause. I wish it could be more but I am one of the many victims of the crummy economy, and am currently unemployed.

Matt
03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for anything you can give, its the little bits that makes this thing happen.

mattv2099
03-10-2010, 01:55 AM
I would also like to use my free beambuck entry, please :thumbsup:

Spencer
03-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I'll throw in my beambucks for this too.

Hannah
03-18-2010, 05:48 PM
And the winner is ....

gsvec!!!

Congrats, Gretchen! :clap:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5789/giveaway5.jpg

Brice
03-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Congratulations Gretchen! :dance:

Matt
03-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Yay, congratulations Gretchen :couple:

PM me your address, I'm sure I have it somewhere but just to make it easy.

turtlex
03-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Congrats, Gretchen !! :clap:

gsvec
03-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Yay me! Thanks so much - I just read it in the banner. :couple:

PM on its way, Matt!! :excited:

Merlin1958
03-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Yay me! Thanks so much - I just read it in the banner. :couple:

PM on its way, Matt!! :excited:

As a former Giveaway Winner, Welcome to the Club!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!