PDA

View Full Version : Dolan's Cadillac - the movie

herbertwest
04-10-2008, 07:39 PM
FIlm Bridge International, producer of DOlans Cadillac (still in pre-production) is currently negotiating with Érik Canuel (already director of King's adaptations with 2 episods of the serie The Dead Zone)

The website of FIlm Bridge International presents the film as :

A film by ERIK CANUEL

Starring
CHRISTIAN SLATER
WES BENTLEY

And the following description:

Tom Robinson is a peaceful, law-abiding schoolteacher. When his bride Elizabeth accidentally witnesses a murder, he finds himself on a road straight to hell. The killer is James Dolan, Las Vegas’ most ruthless and untouchable mob boss. Elizabeth agrees to testify against him and soon we find out just why Dolan has remained untouched… Anyone who dares to go up against him faces deadly consequences. In Elizabeth’s case, a bomb strapped to the bottom of a car.

Devastated by her death, Robinson tries all the legal channels at his disposal to bring Dolan to justice. But without hard evidence, Dolan remains free, able to run his empire seemingly untouchable. Frustrated and alone, Robinson begins to receive visits from his dead wife urging him to seek revenge. Is Elizabeth really reaching beyond the grave or has he begun his slow decent into insanity? Robinson continues to hear the voices and is driven to construct his own plan -- an elaborate and dangerous one-in-a-million shot.

Joining a dangerous road construction crew of ex-convicts, he battles the heat and dangers of the Nevada desert working by day, and at night he tries to infiltrate Dolan’s underworld. Haunted by the ghost of wife, Robinson transforms himself into an obsessed vengeance machine, pushing himself beyond the breaking point of mind, body and spirit.

When the two men finally meet deep in the heart of the desert, Dolan’s Cadillac climaxes with an amazing test of wills - the ultimate duel in the sun. The Cadillac, which has been Dolan’s armor, may just as easily become his tomb.

This is Vengeance, Stephen King Style.

But obviously, nothing is done yet... the movie is still in pre-production...

Randall Flagg
04-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the info.
Since this forum is for "Official" announcements, I think we have to be careful posting about King stories that have been optioned (as most all his workks have been), and actually are in production-as opposed to preproduction.
Perhaps we need a speculation thread, but until then, this should be moved to Fedic Station.

Storyslinger
04-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Moved to Fedic.

It sounds like it could be an interesting make, if it is done.

herbertwest
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks for moving it...
I did post there coz i ve seen that there were a thread for "Seems Bag of Bones film is a Go" which is the same kind of thread, so...

Bev Vincent
04-24-2008, 02:31 AM
Christian Slater and Wes Bentley have signed up to star in the adaptation of Stephen King's novella Dolan's Cadillac.

The thriller follows a young man (Bentley) who seeks to avenge his wife's murder by the untouchable Las Vegas mobster Jimmy Dolan (Slater).

Emmanuelle Vaugier rounds out the key cast on the project, which is scheduled to begin shooting in the Canadian regions of Saskatchewan and Quebec on May 14. Erik Canuel will direct from Richard Dooling's adapted screenplay.

Ellen Wander of Santa Monica-based Film Bridge International chief will serve as executive producer and the company is overseeing financing and will handle worldwide sales.

Slater's credits include True Romance, The Contender, Bobby and Very Bad Things.

Bentley performed a breakout role in Sam Mendes' 1999 Oscar winner American Beauty and his roles since then have included The Four Feathers opposite Heath Ledger, Ghost Rider and the recent thriller P2.

(Richard Dooling was King's collaborator on Kingdom Hospital -- bv)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-24-2008, 02:51 AM
Thanks Bev. This is one of my favourite stories. I hope they do it justice, although I cannot picture Christian Slater as Jimmy Dolan.

blackrose22
04-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Haven't heard of Dolan's Cadillac before. When was this published?

Bev Vincent
04-24-2008, 05:33 AM
It was originally published in installments in the Castle Rock newsletter, later collected in Nightmares and Dreamscapes and published as a limited edition volume by Lord John Press. It's inspired by Poe's Cask of Amontillado.

blackrose22
04-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Thanks the info Bev. Another book to had to my never ending must read list.

Randall Flagg
04-24-2008, 05:50 AM
This has been bounced around a long time. I seem to recall at one point Stallone was suppsoed to be in it.
An actual shooting schedule is very encouraging.
Thanks Bev.

Patrick
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I love this story! Hope the movie does it justice. :excited:

It was ... collected in Nightmares and Dreamscapes ...In fact an excellent audio version of Dolan's Cadillac is included in the Nightmares and Dreamscapes audiobook that currently being auctioned off on dtBay for benefit of the Haven Foundation. :thumbsup:

herbertwest
04-25-2008, 12:44 AM
thanks for the heading!

Daghain
04-25-2008, 07:15 AM

It was ... collected in Nightmares and Dreamscapes ...In fact an excellent audio version of Dolan's Cadillac is included in the Nightmares and Dreamscapes audiobook that currently being auctioned off on dtBay for benefit of the Haven Foundation. :thumbsup:

That was smooth, man. :)

On topic, I'm looking forward to this. I hope they do a good job with it.

jayson
04-25-2008, 07:40 AM

same here. it was one of my fav stories in that collection. a movie could be good if done correctly.

hoin1585
04-25-2008, 04:24 PM
I read this story just 2 months ago , and I love it :cool:

herbertwest
05-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Apparently, a financial support to the project left, and so the director Erick Canuel.

The director have tried to change the script, before getting sure that the budget is not enough anymore.

Still according to him, the movie will still be shot, but with someone else...

mia/susannah
05-13-2008, 03:42 AM
I have not read the story yet. I will read it soon. I am looking forward to the movie. Thanks for the information

herbertwest
05-28-2008, 12:16 AM
According to imdb, the new director is Jeff Beesley.

Bev Vincent
05-28-2008, 03:18 AM
The new movie is called "Dolan's Cadillac" and it stars Christian Slater, Wes Bentley and Emmanuelle Vaugier. Mind's Eye Entertainment out of Regina is making the movie and the director is Moose Jaw's own Jeff Beesley.

It's based on a Stephen King story about a young man who attempts to avenge his wife's death after she is murdered by a Las Vegas mobster.

The movie will also film on location in Quebec and Las Vegas.

Mind's Eye isn't saying much about their Moose Jaw work but, they will tell us more later this week.

AIMB
05-30-2008, 09:53 PM
eww! christian slater? his only good movie was true romance! why do they always bring back has been 80s actors for king adaptations??? get some new GOOD talent!

Bev Vincent
02-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I see this is coming out on DVD on DVD and Blu-Ray on April 6, 2010.

herbertwest
02-24-2010, 11:05 PM
For once you americans are late lol!
I dont like the cover... Too basic. The NL and french covers are better ^

DanishCollector
02-25-2010, 06:08 PM
The DVD's been here in Denmark a few months. First watched the movie online and then when I bought the DVD. It isn't a very good movie/adaptation, but not the worst of the bunch.

Hannah
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I may have to check it out for curiousity's sake.