PDA

View Full Version : Auction #9--Signed First Edition of Duma Key

Matt
02-21-2010, 10:44 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/images/give/dumakey.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/images/give/dkinside.JPG

Auction #9
Duma Key
First Edition
Signed by Stephen King

This is a book I am donating from my personal collection. It was given to me by tippy along with another book in exchange for getting a book signed for him in DC.

I had always planned to donate both. One last year, one this year. :nana:

I am fully confident in the authenticity of this signature. I have seen a copy like this on Ebay for 500.00 :scared:--but its not selling so we're starting much lower.

After a construction accident in which he loses his right arm and his divorce, Edgar Freemantle moves from Minnesota to Florida to begin what his psychiatrist described as a "geographic cure." He rediscovers his love of painting and finds that he is good at it but his paintings seem to have something "more" to them. On Duma Key he also finds a new friendship with Wireman, a kindred spirit seeking refuge there as a caretaker for Elizabeth Eastlake. Elizabeth's past also contains painful memories that have been reawakened bringing all of them together to face an evil entity named Perse.

-stephenking.com

Auction Opens: 2/22/10

Opening Bid: $150.00

Patrick
02-22-2010, 10:11 PM
:ninja:

agrabin
02-26-2010, 08:22 AM
OOPS!!!

Made a b******s - my bid should was to be $205, NOT $2050. Much as I would like to be wealthy enough to let it go, I've PM'd Matt and asked him if he can fix this.

Most sorry to all...:cry:

Brice
02-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Nope, sorry! :nope: :(

I'm sure Matt realizes that it was a mistake and will leave you with sufficient time to sell your home, family, friends, body parts, whatever you need to sell to gather the money together. :lol: Just be glad you didn't type in a few more zeros. :P

Matt
02-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I am not sure how to fix the miss bid but the auction is almost over so we may be okay.

The official price of this book is $205.00 right everyone. :grouphug:

Matt
02-27-2010, 12:03 AM
This auction is now closed and sold for the above price. :rock:

agrabin
03-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Nope, sorry! :nope: :(

I'm sure Matt realizes that it was a mistake and will leave you with sufficient time to sell your home, family, friends, body parts, whatever you need to sell to gather the money together. :lol: Just be glad you didn't type in a few more zeros. :P

Sure, 'tis no big problem - I'll just close a couple of offshore accounts - or sell my Salem's Lot 1st state DJ - been wantin' rid of that thing for years now, sure what good's a DJ wi' nae book tae pit in it? :)

Brice
03-01-2010, 10:20 AM
:lol:

I'll tell you what because I'm a nice guy you can send me the 'Salem's Lot jacket and I'll pay the $2,000+ for your book. :thumbsup:

agrabin
03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
:lol:

I'll tell you what because I'm a nice guy you can send me the 'Salem's Lot jacket and I'll pay the $2,000+ for your book. :thumbsup:

I always knew, deep down, you had a heart of gold. ;)

Brice
03-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey, I try. :lol: