Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The King Illustrations Catalog

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The King Illustrations Catalog

The King Illustrations Catalog

Recent Comments

- Rare illustrations

Last edited by herbertwest; 04-17-2008 at 02:30 AM.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright!! Lots of stuff accomplished on the catalog this weekend, are you guys ready to tackle this?

If so, all we have to do is create a seperate thread for each Illustration entry.

As you can see, we can fiddle with names and links once all the "articles" (threads) are there.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

These are amazing Jerome but we are going to need a thread for each entry. Meaning, this one won't have any in it.

The threads are what become the articles.

I love how it looks though, this is going to work out great!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like we start the thread here in the Illustrations Catalog subforum. suppose Matt will sort them out later into a wiki format.

Edit: Just saw your new thread. Never mind.

Matt, do you want to move the SoS pics from the Catalog book discussion thread into a new thread in this subforum?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm. I'm not sure, but I think the idea is a thread for each artist. Kind of like The Baronies have a thread for each book.

But hey, I could be wrong.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Looks like we start the thread here in the Illustrations Catalog subforum. suppose Matt will sort them out later into a wiki format.

Matt, do you want to move the SoS pics from the Catalog book discussion thread into a new thread in this subforum?
    Okay you guys, this is how it works.

Each thread created will be an "article" when the forum is wikified.

The first post will be the main page of the article. The name of the thread will be the name of the article.

So each Illustration set should have its own thread--how those are named and organized is up to you guys. I love what we have so far.

That last bit Patrick, I would love but it just has to be its own thread to be an "article" when its wikified

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This looks really great--

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Okay you guys, this is how it works.

Each thread created will be an "article" when the forum is wikified.

The first post will be the main page of the article. The name of the thread will be the name of the article.

So each Illustration set should have its own thread--how those are named and organized is up to you guys. I love what we have so far.

That last bit Patrick, I would love but it just has to be its own thread to be an "article" when its wikified
    We're on the same page then! (pun intended)

I like that others, like Ari, are getting involved in this - saves a lot of work for the rest of us. RF and I can always go back later to edit in the autolinks and such as needed.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I reformatted the titles to make the wiki transition smoother. In cases where there are more than one edition of the book I put the publisher in parenthesis. I didn't have time to cross-reference between the King Catalog, so there are some I'm sure I missed.
    Heng Dai

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. It looks great. If I catch any that were misseed I'll try to correct them.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I am now intermittently attacking the "The"s in the King Catalog.

Heng Dai

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I knew how to do it I would help.

Country
    Country Flag

Just open the article and click on article tools (where thread tools would normally be), and then go to Edit Article in the drop down menu. It will bring up a screen where you can alter the title of the Article and then just click Save when you're done.

But I've finished now, so I guess it doesn't matter. You know how to do it now, though.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for taking that on, Aaron.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You sure is Bill Russell?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually emailed H&S to ask them who it was.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Noone else have the abridged version of Misery and the Breathing Method, and could provide us some scann or pictures of the illustrations?

Country
    Country Flag

The illustrations that had previously been lost will be reuploaded within 2 weeks... srry for that delay but would probably not being able to do better

Also, I recieved today my cheap n used UK pocket ed of Nightmares n Dreamscapes, and before the story "the house of mapple street" there is an illustration...
    its weird to put an illustration for ONE story in a collection book...
    no real mention of the illustrator... is written "photoset by Rowland Phototypesettings Ltd"... but is it it, or is it the picture by Tabitha King?

Do other pocket editions have illustrations? (these one is from Hodder & Stoughton)
    Should we include it in the catalog or not? coz is weird honnestly..

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Also, I recieved today my cheap n used UK pocket ed of Nightmares n Dreamscapes, and before the story "the house of mapple street" there is an illustration...
    its weird to put an illustration for ONE story in a collection book...
    no real mention of the illustrator... is written "photoset by Rowland Phototypesettings Ltd"... but is it it, or is it the picture by Tabitha King?

Do other pocket editions have illustrations? (these one is from Hodder & Stoughton)
    Should we include it in the catalog or not? coz is weird honnestly..
    This illustration is one way to tell if you have a 1st or 2nd state edition of the H&S hardback.

On the first state the picture faces page 448, and on the second state it faces page 433.

Illustration from The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg 1994.

It should go in the illustrations catalogue.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The first state UK Nightmares and Dreamscapes dust jacket also has the price as 15.99 pounds Sterling, where the second state is 16.99. The first state. with the 15.99 and the picture facing p. 448, is fairly scarce.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The first state UK Nightmares and Dreamscapes dust jacket also has the price as 15.99 pounds Sterling, where the second state is 16.99. The first state. with the 15.99 and the picture facing p. 448, is fairly scarce.

John
    Really? I picked mine up last February 2007 for £12 ($24)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You got a great deal! I've heard that most of that first print run were recalled (mostly from Australia) and destroyed. I really don't know how many there are out there.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You got a great deal! I've heard that most of that first print run were recalled (mostly from Australia) and destroyed. I really don't know how many there are out there.

John
    That is a good price. I haven't heard that any were destroyed. I wonder why they would do that?

I've always heard that the "first state" was the export edition.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That could be true. I don't remember where I heard it or even if I remembered it correctly. I just know that first state seems to be fairly scarce. Of course, this could be because no-one looks at their copies closely and notices the differences.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast