Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose between The Drawing of the Three & The Green Mile

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Drawing of the Three

45 63.38%
  • The Green Mile

19 26.76%
  • Never read one or both titles

7 9.86%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wave 1C: The Drawing of the Three vs. The Green Mile

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Wave 1C: The Drawing of the Three vs. The Green Mile

vs.

This is the third and final round of our 2010 Constant Reader Awards. Please vote for the book you would rather re-read. The winner receives 0.1 points added to its score previously acquired in the first two rounds.

If you haven't yet read either book or both of them, please vote Never read one or both titles. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate you so much right now...

I had to give my love to DoTT, though I'm just absolutely sick that I had to vote against The Green Mile.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I'm just absolutely sick that I had to vote against The Green Mile.
    So am I, so am I...

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

So far, this has been the hardest poll of this round. I had to go with Green Mile, but on another day I might have gone the other way.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is very tough. But since I just finished a re-read of The Drawing of the Three within the last year; I'd have to answer "which would I rather re-read" as being The Green Mile.

Ask me again next year and you might get a different answer.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still pissed off about having to choose. Seriously, these are two books I could read over and over and never get tired of them.

BAD challenge.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

wow people really like the green mile that it made it this far in voting?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    wow people really like the green mile that it made it this far in voting?
    Why not? It's an amazingly deep and well-written novel. The ending made me cry. No other book did that, ever.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I cry every damn time I read it, and I know what's going to happen already.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i vote for DOTT over green mile only because of the conversation MIB has with Roland about all the universes and such.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    i vote for DOTT over green mile only because of the conversation MIB has with Roland about all the universes and such.
    Huh? Wasn't he dead?

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

damn you are right, that was at the end of the gunslinger. good call
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

John F. Kennedy C~Dog is on a distinguished road C~Dog's Avatar

Drawing of the Three. There wasn't really anything about the Green Mile that captivated me in the way the Dark Tower did.
    All hail the King;
    He of the Crimson Eye,
    The Lord of Spiders.
    Hail Discordia.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner with 63.38% of the vote was The Drawing of the Three. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 7.758128079.

The Drawing of the Three is 3 for 3 (0.3, 100%).
    The Green Mile is 0 for 3 (0.0, 0%).

Traveler The Dark Man is on a distinguished road The Dark Man's Avatar

The Drawing of the Three

+ Reply to Thread