15 18.99%
  • 2: Only so-so

6 7.59%
  • 1: I didn't like it

4 5.06%
  • Never Read

10 12.66%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #8: The Regulators (1996)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #8: The Regulators (1996)

The Regulators, 1996

Please vote for The Regulators using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3 from bears

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    3 from bears
    But I see only a vote for a 2?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, it was mine. You're right as usual. I voted 2, then when I was posting I remember Seth and auntie, and thought I had given a 3... now, however, I think I was right to make it 2, so let it be 2...

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

A 4 from me

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

my favorite book by sais bachman and king
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2

Definitely. 2

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a 3. It was entertaining but not one of my absolute favorites.
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I really like this one. Don't approve of it being called Bachman though, it has absolutely nothing in common with the rest of the RB novels and so strikes me as a flawed concept. If King wanted to mirror two novels simultaneously, he should have done Desperation, then a mirror image of it with nothing supernatural whatsoever. Collie in Desperation seems more fit to be in a Bachman novel too.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Three. Liked it, didn't love it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not the most profound of Bachman's books, but it was still entertaining.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Hated it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

3. It was okay. I probably shouldn't have read it right after Desperation though, because it certainly pales in comparison.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I much preferred it to Desperation. Desperation was too brutal for me to enjoy it -although, as Jean wisely pointed out it's called Desperation for a reason

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default classifying violence

Desperation = Itchy & Scratchy
    The Regulators = Tom & Jerry

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it blows desperation out of the water

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    3. It was okay. I probably shouldn't have read it right after Desperation though, because it certainly pales in comparison.
    I did this last year, and I know exactly what you're talking about. Reading them back-to-back definitely detracted from The Regulators for me.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Mrs. Underwood is on a distinguished road Mrs. Underwood's Avatar

Loved it. It was full of energy with crazy stuff happening around every corner, and I couldn't put it down. of course, it's only a good read if you read Desperation FIRST, in my opinion.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I think it blows desperation out of the water

There we go. Staples....That was easy.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The absolute worst King book. There is nothing in The Regulators that makes me want to read it again. Plot, character, story....nothing. In fact, I feel that just having a copy on my bookshelf detracts from the value of my collection.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you have the limited I'll be happy to help you raise the value...I mean as a favor of course.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The Regulators has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.594202899 or 71.88%, placing 5th (last) in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2. In 2009, The Regulators placed 4th with a FAS of 3.571428571, so it gained 0.022774328 (+0.64%) this time.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

booooo!

I demand a recount!

This act of aggression towards one of my favorite novels will not stand!

i suppose the only thing I can do is go read it again

Country
    Country Flag

oh man, go and see what happened to Desperation....................

::disconsolate bear::

+ Reply to Thread