Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New King books for 2010

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default New King books for 2010

Hi all!

Today I asked at Sk.com if there are any publication plans for 2010. Marsha said that yes, but that she couldn't say anything yet. What she DID confirm is that King already wrote two books.

Check:

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...577-2010-plans
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! Maybe two new proofs to look for!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Two new proofs and four new trade 1st/1sts (US and UK, of course)!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shining 2 & The Dark Tower 8?
    Kidding...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Probably The Cannibals and a new one.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Also didn't he say during his UTD tour that he had wrote and finished a novella? Does anyone know anything about this?

But it's nice to know King already has 2 books under his belt.

Also if anyone doesn't know authors usually finish a book 1 year before it's released. The publishers take that much time to edit and market the book before it hits shelves. So most popular authors usually are finishing a book when a new book is released.
    Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I'm not sure we'll see cannibals any time soon if ever. The book he started as Cannibals is not anywhere close to being completed and UtD was the incarnation of it. Not sure if he'll ever finish it as it started and publish it.

At the NYC event, he did mention another book was done, but said nothing at all about what it was.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So how many hypothetical books are there now, including Dr. Sleep and DT8? Three, four, five?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if one of them could be the Chapter Book styled release of The Plant that Schuster has mentioned in the past?

Life is a garden...dig it!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I'm not sure we'll see cannibals any time soon if ever. The book he started as Cannibals is not anywhere close to being completed and UtD was the incarnation of it. Not sure if he'll ever finish it as it started and publish it.

At the NYC event, he did mention another book was done, but said nothing at all about what it was.
    He seemed pleased with the response people had when the first few chapters were made available at the SK website. I don't have any personal knowledge but it is my understanding that The Cannibals was near completion when he abondoned it in 1983 and all it needed was an ending. If he dusted it up like he did with Blaze and added an ending he could publish it as a Bachman book. Although the premise of isolation might resemble UTD, they are very different stories.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Somewhere I read Sword in the Darkness will be out in the not too distant future...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Somewhere I read Sword in the Darkness will be out in the not too distant future...
    That was posted last April.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

He seemed pleased with the response people had when the first few chapters were made available at the SK website. I don't have any personal knowledge but it is my understanding that The Cannibals was near completion when he abondoned it in 1983 and all it needed was an ending. If he dusted it up like he did with Blaze and added an ending he could publish it as a Bachman book. Although the premise of isolation might resemble UTD, they are very different stories.
    He seemed pretty clear when I saw him in Portsmouth that "Under the Dome" WAS the result of the original "Cannibals" draft...so there's not two seperate books, but one resulted from the other...

Is there a contradiction of that?

Also, and only semi-related...there's an auction on ebay (didn't bother with the link) selling DT V-VI-VII and LSOE, that purports to guarantee the same number of "Wind in the Keyhole" when, not if, it's released! A little optimisitc! Haha...

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

He seemed pretty clear when I saw him in Portsmouth that "Under the Dome" WAS the result of the original "Cannibals" draft...so there's not two seperate books, but one resulted from the other...

Is there a contradiction of that?
    I don't think Dome resulted from him going back to the Cannibals manuscript.

Around the time Dome came out was when we first got to see the Cannibals pdf, beforehand Ms Mod/Marsha had mentioned she had dragged it out of the cupboard only recently, and showed it to Steve who was pleased how well it held up etc.....

Now King must have been working on Dome a good year (maybe 18months as it's a huge book) before he was reunited with his original Cannibals manuscript so if he's spruced up that manuscript then it's very possible we'll see a new novel resulting from it, if it has similarities to Dome still then maybe his publisher will want to him to release the new DT books first?.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What we got to read of The Cannibals, about 120 pages, was nothing like Under the Dome, aside from people being trapped and unable to get out. I'd love to see The Cannibals published, like Blaze was.

Traveler jwill is on a distinguished road jwill's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

does anyone know exactly what "Wind in the Keyhole" is going to be about?

i kind of thought that it might be another flashback, but thats just me

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha....well, saying that a book "was nothing like UtD, aside from people being trapped and unable to get out," is sort of like saying "other than the boat hitting an iceberg and sinking, it was nothing like the Titanic."

Haha...just kidding...I know what you mean. Maybe it wasn't the Cannibals he was talking about...or maybe the reference was broader than I remember.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jwill View Post
    does anyone know exactly what "Wind in the Keyhole" is going to be about?

i kind of thought that it might be another flashback, but thats just me
    Check out:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=9687

John

Country
    Country Flag

So let's see how many books King has in store for us.

1. The Wind Through the Keyhole
    2. Doctor Sleep
    3. Talisman 3

Those are concrete books that we know about. Then we have a note from Ms. Mod saying he's already written two new books since Under the Dome, so that's two other books, since none of the three named books have been written yet, as far as we know. I think that's all the info that's been out there thus far, but that's a whopping five new books to look forward to in the coming years.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I guess one of those unnamed books mentioned by Ms. Mod could be Full Dark, No Stars.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ms Mod's response to a question on the SKMB:

Originally Posted by doesitmatter?
    Thanks for the details on Full Dark, No Stars! Would it be fair to assume that this would be the only book release for 2010, and that the next King novel will be out in 2011? And is Full Dark, No Stars one of the ' 2 books beyond Under The Dome' that you mentioned, or are those 2 books both novels?

Most likely.
    Yes.
    No.
    John

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so like I thought, FDNS is one of those two mystery books. And the second is not a novel?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I love that it took us less than one page to abbreviate the new book to .. FDNS !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Fire Department of Nova Scotia?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, the Federal Department of Ninja Slayers...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast