Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 623 of 714 FirstFirst ... 123 523 573 613 621 622 623 624 625 633 673 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,575 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of our local libraries had a huge book sale this weekend and I got 5 (practically) brand new books for $6.25 total (retail would've been about $45-50). I got: Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Alive (for free, since they couldn't sell it because it was an advance reading copy), The Grownup (Gillian Flynn), and In a Dark, Dark Wood (Ruth Ware). All of these have been on my to-read list for awhile now, so I was happy I got them. I found a ton of books that I had already read, which stunk because I could've gotten them dirt cheap.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lost World is amazing. Oh, how they butchered that book with that film.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I promised Heather I wouldn't give up on The Terror, so I'm still reading that. 200 pages in.
    one of my favorite books; I don't think I'll reread it any time soon, but it definitely impressed me like few books did

currently (re)reading: Demons, by Dostoyevsky (hi Mattrick)
    love it immensely
    I've yet to find a copy :/ I finally bought The Double though

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Lost World is amazing. Oh, how they butchered that book with that film.
    Yeah, I didn't like the movie so I was torn on getting the book. But at $3.00 for a hardcover first edition, I couldn't pass it up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Need recommendations to a REALLY GOOD book you read recently.

Thanks !!!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

Thanks !!!
    Elantris by Sanderson. Or white sand by him as well. (I'm on a Sanderson kick right now)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Thanks !!!
    Elantris by Sanderson. Or white sand by him as well. (I'm on a Sanderson kick right now)
    Thanks Josh - Sanderson is one of my favorites so I read them all

You should read the way of kings - epic !!!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Thanks !!!
    Thanks Josh - Sanderson is one of my favorites so I read them all

You should read the way of kings - epic !!!
    I just got the white sand manuscript that the graphic novel is based on and I'm really excited to read that after I finish mistborn. I really just want to read the whole story at once

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    One of our local libraries had a huge book sale this weekend and I got 5 (practically) brand new books for $6.25 total (retail would've been about $45-50). I got: Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Alive (for free, since they couldn't sell it because it was an advance reading copy), The Grownup (Gillian Flynn), and In a Dark, Dark Wood (Ruth Ware). All of these have been on my to-read list for awhile now, so I was happy I got them. I found a ton of books that I had already read, which stunk because I could've gotten them dirt cheap.
    Awesome! Love Jurassic Park and the Lost World. And don't worry, the book is very different from the movie for the later. I also just read In a Dark, Dark Wood recently. Let me know what you think of it. It wasn't bad by any means, but I wasn't enthralled by it either. Don't let that deter you from reading it though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Awesome! Love Jurassic Park and the Lost World. And don't worry, the book is very different from the movie for the later. I also just read In a Dark, Dark Wood recently. Let me know what you think of it. It wasn't bad by any means, but I wasn't enthralled by it either. Don't let that deter you from reading it though.
    My fiance read in a Dark Dark Wood and really enjoyed it but would give it a 7.5 out of 10. Given she also read Behind her eyes and loved it so you might give that one a try as well. She is really into that creepy horror mystery stuff (given that's from a guy who reads Misery and Rage...).

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm worried that 2017 is going to be a crap year of reading for me. I already gave up on one book right near the end of it and now I'm struggling to not give up on what I'm currently reading. I hate being a quitter, but I also hate thinking of all the stories out there that I could be addicted to right now.

Maybe I'll just put the current book in the "finish later" pile. Aka the "set aside until I trade it in at the bookstore for credit" pile.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe try a lighter read? I've given up on probably five books this year and I find a novella or maybe even something YA oriented normally break the slump. I'm currently reading The Palladin Prophecy by Mark Frost (of the Twin Peaks fame) and it's exactly what I needed: a quivk-paced and interesting YA/light read that's not offending my intelligence.

Also, I'm still reading the Best of Gregory Benford. Some of the science is impenetrable but the stories are very intriguing.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I re-read Ready Player One recently. Such a fun quick book to read. For anyone that has lived through the 80s should give it a shot.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I re-read Ready Player One recently. Such a fun quick book to read. For anyone that has lived through the 80s should give it a shot.
    Love that book.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm worried that 2017 is going to be a crap year of reading for me. I already gave up on one book right near the end of it and now I'm struggling to not give up on what I'm currently reading. I hate being a quitter, but I also hate thinking of all the stories out there that I could be addicted to right now.

Maybe I'll just put the current book in the "finish later" pile. Aka the "set aside until I trade it in at the bookstore for credit" pile.
    At least you'll have a professionally edited version of The Need soon, and The Limousine in a few months

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

At least you'll have a professionally edited version of The Need soon, and The Limousine in a few months
    Ay-Oh!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, just about to read Hearts by King from Suspension.. is it about his life in school playing cards? lol Worth it?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hearts is one of my favourite stories he's written.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I haven't read anything in a while, too depressed. I need to find something to get me interested again.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been reading the graphic novel series Providence by Alan Moore.

I'm not a graphic novel guy, and have only read a few Lovecraft stories, but I'm really enjoying this story. The illustrations are amazing and there's obviously been a huge amount of research that's gone into weaving various HPL stories into the Providence story line.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I haven't read anything in a while, too depressed. I need to find something to get me interested again.
    Might I suggest something light, like Discworld.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Haven't heard of it, I will check into it. I've never read any Prachett before.
    I did just pick up the latest JCO from the library the other day. It's a 14 day loaner. Hopefully I can make it through it on time. Certainly not light subject matter. Nothing she does it but gosh I just love her.

Started Robert McCammon's Boy's Life last night.
    I've had it on my to-read list since someone around here suggested it and finally decided to give it a go. I really enjoy McCammon's writing style so far. It has a great flow to it.

Started Robert McCammon's Boy's Life last night.
    I've had it on my to-read list since someone around here suggested it and finally decided to give it a go. I really enjoy McCammon's writing style so far. It has a great flow to it.
    One of my favorites

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Either that or a good SSRI. :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 623 of 714 FirstFirst ... 123 523 573 613 621 622 623 624 625 633 673 ... LastLast