Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 473 of 567 FirstFirst ... 373 423 463 471 472 473 474 475 483 523 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,825 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Josh, been a hectic week for me and just didn't get chance to do the update (hope RF doesn't dock my pay...)

Dang! just noticed I have passed 5000 posts and didnt notice when it happened...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Thanks Josh, been a hectic week for me and just didn't get chance to do the update (hope RF doesn't dock my pay...)

Dang! just noticed I have passed 5000 posts and didnt notice when it happened...
    35 posts ago.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

5k posts now means you are a 2nd level apprentice. You have a ways to go to achieve Nirvana.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    5k posts now means you are a 2nd level apprentice. You have a ways to go to achieve Nirvana.
    But that's 5k in a little over 4 years. Approx average of 3.5 posts a day!

I should get a life.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    But that's 5k in a little over 4 years. Approx average of 3.5 posts a day!

I should get a life.
    <--------10 Years, 35k + posts = 10 posts per day...
    <--------Needs to get a life...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey team, can I have some clarification about the Colorado Kid 1st UK edition. The catalogue is my friend, and my friend lists the PS Publishing hardcovers (unsigned, by 3 different artists) as the true 1st UK editions. However, in this entry there is some discussion as to whether they should be considered UK trade 1st editions, but the discussion doesn't;t apparently reach a decision. So, any consensus as to what is regarded the true 1st UK edition of Colorado Kid?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hey team, can I have some clarification about the Colorado Kid 1st UK edition. The catalogue is my friend, and my friend lists the PS Publishing hardcovers (unsigned, by 3 different artists) as the true 1st UK editions. However, in this entry there is some discussion as to whether they should be considered UK trade 1st editions, but the discussion doesn't;t apparently reach a decision. So, any consensus as to what is regarded the true 1st UK edition of Colorado Kid?
    Your friend is correct, the PS Publishing hardcovers (unsigned, by 3 different artists) are the true 1st UK editions.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Your friend is correct, the PS Publishing hardcovers (unsigned, by 3 different artists) are the true 1st UK editions.
    Thanks Mr RT...

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw that Jae Lee is going to be in Dallas for our Comic Con. Does anyone have an idea of how getting him to do a sketch occurs at these types of events?

I'm rather excited to meet him as well! So I hope this all works out and I do actually make it to the Con, and get a great sketch in one or more of my books.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I just saw that Jae Lee is going to be in Dallas for our Comic Con. Does anyone have an idea of how getting him to do a sketch occurs at these types of events?

I'm rather excited to meet him as well! So I hope this all works out and I do actually make it to the Con, and get a great sketch in one or more of my books.

Usually you just go up to their table and give them money and work out the details with the artist. You'll either come back several hours later or (usually) the next day depending on how popular the artist is and how much "art" you want!

Did that with Michael Lark a couple years back and hope to do it with Jae Lee this coming weekend.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Hi All,
    I picked up today this version of Hardcover of Carrie, and I remember seeing something about this book having two version, the "Carrie" on the spine in vertical and horizontal. Which one is rarer? I believe I saw the horizontal on Bob's collection and he stated that it was hard to read and they changed it to vertical. Is that correct?
    Thanks!

The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes that's correct. The one you have there is by far the rarer of the two. I've been on the lookout for that one for a long time. Nice find on your part and congratulations!

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Yes that's correct. The one you have there is by far the rarer of the two. I've been on the lookout for that one for a long time. Nice find on your part and congratulations!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I agree with everything zelig just said.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Still asking... Does anyone else have this POSTER edition of the 1986 KING Calendar?

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I don't think I've ever seen the poster before (would love to have one framed!) but have just about every one of the other calendars.
    ~Jonathan

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I'v e got the calendar not the poster.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here.

The poster I assume was provided to bookstores to advertise the calendar and as those things are thrown out, it's probably pretty rare.

I do have the actual calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Still asking... Does anyone else have this POSTER edition of the 1986 KING Calendar?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was born in 1986. I considered hunting for one of those posters, but keep forgetting about it.
    What is usually the cost for one of those?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm beginning to work on estimating my deceased family member's collection, and in the pictures that I took, there are a number of the George Beahm books. I'm not really too familiar with these older editions. Can anyone identify the one that is backwards on the shelf, and if possible, what editions of each these are? I doubt there is much real value, but it would be nice to know what is there. Thanks for any help I can get.

WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Needful Things. George's website is down and between it and Goodreads I wasn't finding that book. I appreciate the expertise.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The catalog is (as always) your fiend...
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...g+and+His+Work

This list is still a work in progress as I steadily add details of each of the books.

As a collector of these works, I can tell you that the majority are available for quite reasonable amounts of money and even the numbered editions rarely fetch more than $50-$100.

Lettered editions fetch the most, but even those can be picked up cheaply if you are patient

Country
    Country Flag

Yep! There it is, right in front of my face! LOL! I need to spend some time perusing the areas that I don't often frequent. Thank you for your work in keeping this up to date!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 473 of 567 FirstFirst ... 373 423 463 471 472 473 474 475 483 523 ... LastLast