Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 254 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Tim Curry thing I thought was relevant because he played Pennywise but the others I just brought up because they were the only other things I could remember of significance on April 19th. Sorry to offend you.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Any chance we get the trailer on my birthday tomorrow? It is the 19th.
    Happy bday!
    Thanks. It is also Tim Curry's birthday tomorrow. (And the anniversary of the Branch Davidians burning and the Oklahoma City bombing but why be negative?)

Then why bring that Branch Davidian, etc crap up? I mean really do we need to dwell on this? Is that what you're implying? LOL Just wondering is all.

My birthday is 6 days before 9/11, but don't even think about it folks.
    It's his birthday, Bill. He can joke about it if he wants to.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Then why bring that Branch Davidian, etc crap up? I mean really do we need to dwell on this? Is that what you're implying? LOL Just wondering is all.
    No one is "dwelling" on the Branch Davidian "crap". It is relevant as those are significant events on that date.

Take a stress tab "Wild Bill".

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Why so many shots at a guy who ended his post with "LOL just wondering is all"?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Take a stress tab "Wild Bill".
    'Stress Tab' sounds like the Territory's equivelant of the 'Chill Pill', awesome!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The anniversary of the Columbine shooting will be tomorrow. I read that they had originally planned it for the 19th specifically because of the Oklahoma bombing.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Anyone else see the first episode of Season 3 of The Leftovers? People waiting for the trailer remind me of those religious folk who climbed to the roof of the house time and time again expecting to be taken!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The trailer will be coming "very soon." Ms. Mod has it on good authority:

http://stephenking.com/xf/index.php?...7/#post-746087

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Holy crispy crap...its about time!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Holy crispy crap...
    I have two reactions to this phrase:

First: thanks for putting this image into my head.

Second: there could be nothing holy about that.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Anyone else see the first episode of Season 3 of The Leftovers? People waiting for the trailer remind me of those religious folk who climbed to the roof of the house time and time again expecting to be taken!
    Well they did release the poster last month on the 19th and things like Dark Tower riddles and promo pictures on the other 19ths. So it wasn't too crazy to think we might get the trailer today, especially since we know it is already out there because of CinemaCon. There should have at least been something today.

John F. Kennedy Argie is on a distinguished road Argie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what do you all think is the reason the trailer hasn't been released yet? A marketing scheme to save money so the movie is more profitable? Or they just dont have it ready yet?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Argie View Post
    So what do you all think is the reason the trailer hasn't been released yet? A marketing scheme to save money so the movie is more profitable? Or they just dont have it ready yet?
    I think they don't know how to sell it since they didn't make a straight up adaptation and it will be a hard sell to non fans, they don't want to spend money to try to sell it.

Sony has had some very expensive failures in the last few years:
    Pixels, Ghostbusters, Inferno, Life, Angry Birds

But who knows?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Most likely it's just waiting for the right moment so it's not overshadowed by any other big trailer dropping prior or after it. So that it gets maximum social media traction.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I think they don't know how to sell it since they didn't make a straight up adaptation and it will be a hard sell to non fans, they don't want to spend money to try to sell it.

But who knows?
    The DT series in general is just a hard sell. Its the reason they are not as popular as his other books. I haven't been very successful in getting people into DT over my lifetime.(Its that damn DT1 lol). So im all for them doing what there doing. As long as the Characters are true to the books (I still think Idris will nail Roland's personality)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post

But who knows?
    INFERNO that was by Ron Howard's company and I guess a big disappointment compared to other Dan Brown's adaptations. But the movie was frankly bad, and I didnt really see any marketing around it, was there?

Which I admit is weird : the movie was supposed to be released in february and the trailer released in october at the EW Popfest.
    Back at that time, an unfinished trailer leaked missing only CGIs. Surely they had time to do those by now, and I agree that it's weird that the trailer hasnt been showed yet & that they probably do not them to be overshadowed by other trailers, but let's be honnest : from now this year there will probably be a lot of teasers/trailers for "big" blockbusters, so I dont know if there really will be a better timing.

I really start to fear that this movie will be a stinker at the box office. Do we have any idea of how much was invested into the production?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why do people this this will suck/stink because the trailer hasn't come our way yet? I think that is just silly to think. The amount of talk about it blows me away. I shall remain positive until I see it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe 4/25/17? Or am I climbing on the roof again?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Do we have any idea of how much was invested into the production?
    There was a $60 million production budget.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maybe 4/25/17? Or am I climbing on the roof again?

Traveler tas is on a distinguished road

I suspect that due to budget constraints, they were forced to choose between either marketing the movie longer or marketing it more heavily. I'm guessing that they're betting that airing the trailer more frequently over a shorter leadup to release will yield higher ticket sales than airing the trailer less often over a longer time.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah they definitely don't have an ad budget for this like a Star Wars or a Marvel or DC movie, so it's more of a concentrated effect they're going after.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Yeah they definitely don't have an ad budget for this like a Star Wars or a Marvel or DC movie, so it's more of a concentrated effect they're going after.
    Yeah your probably right. Its just the waiting thats killing me

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As long as it doesn't turn out like Shia Labeouf's 'Man Down', we're on the right track. Talk about box office blunder.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Also - anyone else thinking King's Corgy is getting a cameo as Oy? :-)

WTB:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 254 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 ... LastLast