Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mist miniseries

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I agree. Really awful! Sorry...not to take away the pleasure for the person who's involved with the project, but this sure sounds like standard TV á la Haven. A series that only uses the Mist as a backdrop for typical trite drama and crimes and a bit of romance, and whatnot. Some people like this kind of thing, which is fine, but as a King fan like me, this is not exciting at all! It may be better than Under the Dome (which show isn't?) but it's just another Haven-like show, a new trend in Hollywood TV Land that I do not like! I look forward to the remake of It (and yes, also the Dark Tower although I have my fears regarding that one), but this unnecessary Mist rip-off will get a quick glance and then very likely be forgotten and avoided!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Looks they added a lot of "personal interest" material (in which I will have no interest).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...0715spiketv01/
    Morgan Spector has joined the cast to star in Spike's new scripted original series "The Mist." From TWC-Dimension Television (TV) based on the classic Stephen King novella, "The Mist" goes into production this summer and airs in 2017. The announcement was jointly made today by Sharon Levy, Executive Vice President, Original Series, Spike and Bob Weinstein, Co-Chairman The Weinstein Company.

"The Mist" tells the story of a foreboding mist that arrives in one small town ushering in a terrifying new reality for its residents, putting their humanity to the test. What will people do to survive when blinded by fear?

Morgan Spector will play "Kevin Cunningham," the protagonist of the series. Kevin is the epitome of the modern, liberal and civilized man; devoted to his wife and teenaged daughter. He lives his life by high moral values and throughout his life he has refused to give into the anger and prejudice he sees in other people. However, with the arrival of the mist, his moral compass will be put to the test for his and his family's survival.

Spector just concluded a run in Manhattan Theatre Club's lauded US premiere of "Incognito." His extensive stage credits include starring roles in "Ironbound," "Machinal," "A View From the Bridge," "Harvey," and "Russian Transport," for which he received a Drama Desk Award nomination. He'll next be seen on film in "Permission" and also appears as Sylvester Stallone opposite Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts in "The Bleeder," based on the true story that inspired "Rocky." In the television world, Spector has had recurring arcs on HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" and CBS's "Person of Interest" and was a regular on "Allegiance" for ABC. He's also made notable guest star roles on several series including "Orange is the New Black" and "How to Make It In America." Spector is represented by Innovative Artists.

Spector rounds out a cast that includes Frances Conroy, Alyssa Sutherland, Gus Birney, Dan Butler, Luke Cosgrove, Danica Curcic, Okezie Morro, Darren Pettie, Russell Posner and Isiah Whitlock, Jr.

Christian Torpe and Amanda Segel are Executive Producers of "The Mist."

Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein and David Glasser are Executive Producers for TWC-Dimension Television with Megan Spanjian, Matthew Signer and Keith Levine as Producers.

Levy, Ted Gold, Senior Vice President, Scripted Original Series, and Lauren Ruggiero, Senior Director, Scripted Programming will oversee the project for Spike with Vlad Wolynetz as Co-Executive Producer.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just had a very cool chat with one of my contacts. I told him about our site and that he should check I out. Mentioned that as a collective we are concerned it could fly towards the vine of Under the Dome territory. He assures me this will NOT be happening. It is a 10 episode arc and the story will be fan oriented (not sure I buy this 100%). He also said when I asked about focusing on Arrowhead much more... That he couldn't say but I had a great thought there... I hung up the phone thinking to myself "how would he know about arrowhead unless he read the book which he could have OR its in the script. His response had me believing that perhaps we will see more of it that we do in the book or movie anyways. I also asked where we were on the promo items and since it just started filming today... He wouldn't have an answer for a bit. I'll keep ya'll posted!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

This series seems strangely redundant after getting an excellent adaptation not that long ago.

I like the ending too, BTW. Maybe my favorite thing about it is that it's suggested right in the novella. A lot of people seem to miss that.

I checked the gun and then put it into the glove compartment. Ollie had reloaded it after the expedition to the drugstore. The rest of the shells had disappeared with him, but that was all right. He had fired at Mrs. Carmody, he had fired once at the clawed thing, and the gun had discharged once when it hit the ground. There were four of us in the Scout, but if push came right down to shove, I'd find some other way out for myself.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just had a very cool chat with one of my contacts. I told him about our site and that he should check I out. Mentioned that as a collective we are concerned it could fly towards the vine of Under the Dome territory. He assures me this will NOT be happening. It is a 10 episode arc and the story will be fan oriented (not sure I buy this 100%). He also said when I asked about focusing on Arrowhead much more... That he couldn't say but I had a great thought there... I hung up the phone thinking to myself "how would he know about arrowhead unless he read the book which he could have OR its in the script. His response had me believing that perhaps we will see more of it that we do in the book or movie anyways. I also asked where we were on the promo items and since it just started filming today... He wouldn't have an answer for a bit. I'll keep ya'll posted!!!
    That's a really cool news! THANK YOU!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You lost me at SpikeTV, sorry.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's been a lot of teasing and wonder about the upcoming AMS title and it seem that it may actually be subtitled "THE MIST" !
    >>> http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/186...ealed-already/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AN update for everyone. I just got off the phone with one of the production team members. Due to budget they are not moving forward with any "swag" I am sorry guys but I tried. They indicated they think they are getting a 2nd season... early buzz is good but I hold no water in that... and let's be honest... do we want another Under the Dome? NO. Either way she said if there is a next season... they will have more money... Sorry guys! kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

AN update for everyone. I just got off the phone with one of the production team members. Due to budget they are not moving forward with any "swag" I am sorry guys but I tried. They indicated they think they are getting a 2nd season... early buzz is good but I hold no water in that... and let's be honest... do we want another Under the Dome? NO. Either way she said if there is a next season... they will have more money... Sorry guys! kris
    No worries. You tried! Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Here is an exclusive interview with Christian Torpe, the creator, executive producer and showrunner for The Mist.

Lilja

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

When he said "It is not the same story as in the book and the movie, nor is it the same characters," he started to lose me, but when he mentioned the TV adaptation of Fargo, he got my interest back.

"Mr. King...told me that as long as I didn’t do anything safe and ordinary, he would be happy." I can get behind that sentiment.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Looks all right.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope this isn't under the same dome... as the Under the Dome TV series...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll wait for the reviews but looks pretty mediocre to be honest.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I hope this isn't under the same dome... as the Under the Dome TV series...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It looks like the same type of concept. Take the original story and expand on it. Obviously they are going to focus on more than just the one group of people in the grocery store.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I don't believe the people we know from the grocery store are even going to be a part of this.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The official presentation :

When the residents of Bridgeville, Maine find themselves engulfed by a foreboding mist containing a myriad of inexplicable and bizarre threats, their humanity is put to the test in THE MIST, a new 10 episode serialized drama premiering Thursday, June 22 at 10 PM, ET/PT on Spike.

Based on a story by Stephen King, THE MIST has been re-imagined for television by Executive Producer and Writer Christian Torpe and produced for Spike by TWC-Dimension Television. Spike’s THE MIST centers around a small town family that is torn apart by a brutal crime. As they deal with the fallout an eerie mist rolls in, suddenly cutting them off from the rest of the world, and in some cases, each other. Family, friends and adversaries become strange bedfellows, battling the mysterious mist and its threats, fighting to maintain morality and sanity as the rules of society break down.

Oh, and SpikeTV told me that the foreign release will be done through Netflix !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched a trailer/preview for this and it looks okay. The preview made it look slightly like the Mist is making people act differently. Maybe they are just getting at that the people act differently because of the Mist.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I watched a trailer/preview for this and it looks okay. The preview made it look slightly like the Mist is making people act differently. Maybe they are just getting at that the people act differently because of the Mist.
    If that is the case, it will be more like James Herbert's The Fog.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This trailer simultaneously makes me want to watch this miniseries and makes me wish someone would make a miniseries out of King's story (I liked the movie but it could use 4-6 hours of screen time).

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    This trailer simultaneously makes me want to watch this miniseries and makes me wish someone would make a miniseries out of King's story (I liked the movie but it could use 4-6 hours of screen time).
    Really? The movie (with the exception of the ending) was pretty much scene for scene from the story. They didn't cut anything out.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this looks very promising. Of course, it's just a trailer, but I especially like the look (it seems) into events at the military base. They'd have all kinds of material to explore. The trailer seems to indicate that they would explore all the different aspects of the "Event".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Really? The movie (with the exception of the ending) was pretty much scene for scene from the story. They didn't cut anything out.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's not like the original story was a full-length novel. It was only 134 pages long in Skeleton Crew.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast