Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas to help keep DT Org going/2023 Fundraiser

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ideas to help keep DT Org going/2023 Fundraiser

Jerome just mentioned he might not be able to continue running this site (please correct me if I misunderstood your post Jerome).
    Don't know the current hosting details, but would be happy to try and figure out if hosting this site on a different platform (AWS, Azure) would offer a cheaper alternative.
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I am completely computer illiterate most of the time, but I know how to donate once it’s determined what is the path forward!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, is it a pure cost issue or are you looking for admin help as well? Maybe if you let us know some of the problems/hurdles you face we can come up with a plan? If it's costs and you want to discuss options please PM me and I be happy to help find alternatives. Would need to understand traffic and storage footprint, etc.
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Jerome just mentioned he might not be able to continue running this site (please correct me if I misunderstood your post Jerome).
    Don't know the current hosting details, but would be happy to try and figure out if hosting this site on a different platform (AWS, Azure) would offer a cheaper alternative.
    Moving to a different platform would also require time and work, not just money
    May also not necessarily be a cheaper
    But interesting idea nonetheless
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Moving to a different platform would also require time and work, not just money
    May also not necessarily be a cheaper
    But interesting idea nonetheless
    Yeah, likely lots of time especially all the data migration that is needed - would need to understand more about the current system. But it might be a great long term solution as there would no longer be hardware upgrade costs - it all kinda depends!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Obviously donations would help keep it going just as it is. While trying to figure out what to migrate it to and all that, getting some money together to cover the costs should be easy. With all the members here coming up with $2000 should be easy.
    There are people spending that much and much more on one book. I donate every time it's offered
    So if an admin can put up a link I'm sure we can rally up operating costs for another year.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Obviously donations would help keep it going just as it is. While trying to figure out what to migrate it to and all that, getting some money together to cover the costs should be easy. With all the members here coming up with $2000 should be easy.
    There are people spending that much and much more on one book. I donate every time it's offered
    So if an admin can put up a link I'm sure we can rally up operating costs for another year.
    Yep totally agree, Jerome just indicated that he has not put up a link and it might be his last hurrah (as he put it in his post on the "Good Mojo" thread). Which prompted me to try and figure out funding & possible alternatives. I 100% think funding another year (at least) is the obvious short term solution and might be the best long term as well...just don't know yet.
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    I am completely computer illiterate most of the time, but I know how to donate once it’s determined what is the path forward!!
    Same here.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to point out that the donation button is always up and always active; nobody has to wait for a fundraising push, although of course that does raise awareness.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for pointing that out George. My shortcut takes me past the home page to the forums, so I never see that.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for pointing that out George. My shortcut takes me past the home page to the forums, so I never see that.
    Same here. Almost always go directly to the forums and bypass the home page with my link.
    Good to know.
    Now everyone needs to donate!! Let's try and get a couple years of funding

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Same here. Almost always go directly to the forums and bypass the home page with my link.
    Good to know.
    Now everyone needs to donate!! Let's try and get a couple years of funding
    There's a home page?

lsned

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

During last year's fundraiser drive I made the suggestion to Jerome that he set up an Amazon affiliate link.
    This avoids the longstanding goal of no ads on the site and adds an additional passive source of income for the site beyond the regular user donations.

The commission rate on physical books is 4.5% and varies for other products.
    Once implemented, there are plugin available that would automatically convert any Amazon links on the site to the affiliate link version.

Obviously the primary link should also be placed somewhere prominent.
    Additionally, whenever a King book is announced, post an Amazon preorder link where the site announcements usually go.

I imagine that all of this would benefit from an admin handling it so Jerome does not need as much day to day involvement.
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I for one would not support this site if it was Amazon affiliated. Amazon has and is destroying bookstores and small business in general.
    Amazon does not need more support in any way. If everyone here were to buy their books from Independent bookstores you will do a lot more
    to help your communities. I will happily donate more to keep Amazon away.

Country
    Country Flag

Donation sent! If all the users that were online when I sent my donation, sent the same amount, we would have 2 yrs worth of website paid for. And my donation was not large. C’mon folks, pony up a few bucks to keep this awesome site up and running!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will send a donation at the weekend
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Donation sent! Thanks Jerome and admins for all the work

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I had forgotten about the link on the home page. I'll put a link on several other pages in the actual discussion part of the forum so that more users will see them.

FYI, the link is not affiliated with Amazon, but Paypal does take their cut. In addition, they will likely issue a 1099K and I'll have to deal with the possible taxable ramifications of whatever is raised, but that is a minor complication.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The link is up. If a member wishes to avoid Paypal fees, they can message me for my PP address, and send as a gift. Every bit helps, so I thank those who have donated, and look forward to others helping.

Thanks!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

donation sent

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Donation made, as always ... even without any drawings!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There might be drawings.
    I'm looking around for suitable items. I'll keep everyone posted.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a Grand prize in mind for donors. If we hit $2,500 in donations I will provide a mind blowing Grand Prize.

As previously, each $10 donated gets one entry into the Grand Prize Drawing. Maximum of (raised this year) 20 entries per donor!

That's right; a $200 donation gets you 20 entries.

Of course I expect to have more prizes for our drawing. Additional info coming soon.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received notice that at least one, perhaps two artists are going to contribute original hand drawn art for the Grand Prize book.
    The book will be a one-of-a kind. It will have a colophon indicating that it is such, and is the Grand Prize in our 2023 Fundraiser.

Estimated value-Priceless!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Happily donated! This place is my internet home and it needs to stay standing in this level of the Tower for all time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast