Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 151 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

In the comics, the next issue after Negan's defeat takes place about 2-3 years later in the New Beginning arc. I imagine the show will make a similar jump, maybe a little longer, allowing Judith to become more of a character. It's hard to say how far ahead FTWD is now. We don't know how long Morgan's journey took. Probably at least a month, if not two. The dreamlike sequences of Carl's vision of the future was basically a big easter egg for the time jump and new beginning. Basically when the show comes back, all the communities will have banded together to make a massive safe zone, with walker patrols and herd control, so the roads in between the communities are pretty much safe. No real spoilers there or anything, that should all be established quickly in the next season.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

If there is one thing Fear showed, it's that it has better writers. The dialogue in Fear is great. That opening scene with gunslinger (can't remember his name lol) talking into the woods was so well done. It really established his character and where he was in life. But I have high hopes for Season 9 with Angela Kang taking over. Her episodes are very dialogue heavy and excellently written, and she's said to intend to make the show dialogue and character focused, how it was in the first 5 seasons. I really hope a lot of fans do come back to the show for Season 9 because it really has the chance to be the best season of the show, especially if they end the season at issue 144...that's gotta linger for 6 months.
    I couldn't agree more. I thought that episode of Fear alone did a better job of establishing characters and plotting action than The Walking Dead has done in years.

Garret Dillahunt's character was really cool and I'm already invested in Maggie Grace's character. The shoot out was great and did a great job of making the walkers dangerous without introducing a massive horde. I hope they keep it up. I was particularly impressed with the second half of Fear's 2nd season.
    I wasn't a big fan of season 2 at all. It definitely had moments. I liked the first few episodes out on the ocean, but once they landed in Mexico with that compound, the village with Luciana, and the hotel, it started to feel pretty convoluted and disengaging. It didn't finish pretty strong with the last couple of episodes. I loved how the ended it, and the episode with Travis/Chris was the best of the season.

I fucking loved Season 3 though. I liked all the new characters (I'll be sad if Walker and his right hand man who was with him at the end never return) and thought they did a great job of establishing The Ranch and The Dam. Salazar was totally awesome in that season, I thought Strand and Madison really took massive steps forward in that season after how middling their characters were in season 2.

I think the difference between Fear and TWD goes back to what I said before. Walking Dead is pulling from source material and are setting up pre-written plots, and it feels like that when you watch it. Fear is just shooting from the hip, doing whatever they want. And to me that's always been the big selling point as a comic reader. It's uncharted territory with new characters in a new part of the country. That's why I liked the boat stuff in Fear s2...was so different than TWD.
    I'm sorry, I meant season 3, not season 2. I almost bailed after season 2.

Also, does Walking Dead air on FOX for some people? I'm trying to figure out how the gif above has a FOX watermark.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, season 3 was great. A lot of people weren't happy with Troy dying the way he did, but I thought it was brilliant. Madison had mothered him so much and looked out for him, and once she heard he led the walkers to The Ranch, she owned up for protecting him by just putting him down like a sick dog.

So far as I know, FOX airs it in the UK.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear is just KILLING it so far this season. What a great episode. Frank Dillane had been wanting off the show for a bit and they found a great way to write him out to let him leave...they did a fantastic job giving Travis a great send off after Cliff Curtis landed a huge role in the Avatar sequels. There was some nice uses of misdirection with this episode...setting it up like Madison had died, and the gunshot was in his flashback, and the scenes between him and Morgan, like Morgan was going to save him from being consumed with rage and vengeance, and seeing the direct consequences that him taking his revenge had on him. I also really liked Nick's lines about what being outside brings out in him, and what it brought out in him got him killed. Man, between this and Infinity War in the same day, it's a been on hell of a Sunday Bloody Sunday.

We're still going to be seeing Nick in the flashbacks, and I do hope we get to find out how Madison found him after Season 3.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fear is Just one damm fine show. Wow.... this is season finale shit right here. Brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They seem to be really pushing that Madison is dead and that's why she's not around, and The Vultures killed her. But Nick could be just as angry that they basically starved their community out and killed many people. I can't see them killing both Nick and Madison in half a season, leaving only Alicia left from the original family. It could even be that the community is still going, but it's getting desperate, which is why they were out there laying traps for people to get supplies. I'm so glad this show rebounded after that wretched second season.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't followed Dillane's saga, so the last episode caught me off-guard. It kind of bummed me out because I really liked Nick's character and the show has really invested in him since day one. Still another great episode. It's too bad so many people have bailed on this one. I almost did too.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They picked the right time to write him out. Between James, Grace, Dillahunt and maybe Elfman (haven't seen enough of her yet), i think there is enough in the way of strong characters and good actors that while there will be a hole with Nick dead, I don't think it's going to hurt the show. It was like last season with having to write off Cliff Curtis. I thought that was a huge blow to the show since he was arguable the best actor in the cast, but then Salazar came back, and the new characters like Troy, Jeb, Jake, Walker, and Crazy Dog really helped build the show back up. I still hope we see Salazar, Walker, and Crazy Dog again, but there's a chance we may never see them again.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They picked the right time to write him out. Between James, Grace, Dillahunt and maybe Elfman (haven't seen enough of her yet), i think there is enough in the way of strong characters and good actors that while there will be a hole with Nick dead, I don't think it's going to hurt the show. It was like last season with having to write off Cliff Curtis. I thought that was a huge blow to the show since he was arguable the best actor in the cast, but then Salazar came back, and the new characters like Troy, Jeb, Jake, Walker, and Crazy Dog really helped build the show back up. I still hope we see Salazar, Walker, and Crazy Dog again, but there's a chance we may never see them again.
    Agreed. I just think it would have made more sense to kill him off at the end of last year. I like how this was done, although we could have used a little bit more of a build of the relationship between Nick and the little girl.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A few set photos of what to expect from the New Beginning arc in Season 9. I love how different it all looks. Going to be the fresh start that this show needs.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So all the gasoline finally went bad?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Welllllllll, not all of it. LOL

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Episode five of Fear was one of the best episodes of either show. It reminded me a lot of TWD season 4's The Grove, without the dead kids. This was the first time on either show they really got romance right. John is such a good character, and one that's easy to root for. I like that there isn't some moral gray area with him. He's just good. I can't think of any character on the main show who is just good, at least now that Glenn is gone, anyway. It was nice to see more of Naomi/Laura as well because her character hadn't gotten to much room to breathe. She seems like Morgan, running from people out of fear of losing people. The way Naomi/Laura and John's relationship unfolded and evolved was done in such a way it came across as genuine. The story of John looking for Laura was already a good narrative device to get us invested in his character and gives him a motivation, but now that we see their relationship, it no longer feels like a device. I think many viewers of this show will hope that Naomi/Laura made it out of the stadium and they will find each other again.

I really hope The Walking Dead season 9 under Angela Kang can be this good. I have faith in her ability to bring the human drama back to the show. These are shows about characters, after all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Episode five of Fear was one of the best episodes of either show. It reminded me a lot of TWD season 4's The Grove, without the dead kids. This was the first time on either show they really got romance right. John is such a good character, and one that's easy to root for. I like that there isn't some moral gray area with him. He's just good. I can't think of any character on the main show who is just good, at least now that Glenn is gone, anyway. It was nice to see more of Naomi/Laura as well because her character hadn't gotten to much room to breathe. She seems like Morgan, running from people out of fear of losing people. The way Naomi/Laura and John's relationship unfolded and evolved was done in such a way it came across as genuine. The story of John looking for Laura was already a good narrative device to get us invested in his character and gives him a motivation, but now that we see their relationship, it no longer feels like a device. I think many viewers of this show will hope that Naomi/Laura made it out of the stadium and they will find each other again.

I really hope The Walking Dead season 9 under Angela Kang can be this good. I have faith in her ability to bring the human drama back to the show. These are shows about characters, after all.
    You and I haven't agreed on much in recent years when it comes to The Walking Dead, but we couldn't be more on the same page on this one. I'm so glad I didn't give up on this show. I'm circling back around with my friends who bailed encouraging them to give the show another chance.

What I love the most is the fact that people who stuck with the show are now seeing how great of an actor Garret Dillahunt is. He's been a favorite of mine for a while now. He was great on shows like Raising Hope, Justified and Mindy Project recently. He's also been great in small film roles like 12 Years a Slave and Looper. I'm so happy for him. It's also nice to see Jenna Elfman do some serious work.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked this past weeks episode too. I thought they did a great job with Naomi and her guilt over what happened with her daughter and how her choice led to the deaths of so many people. It seems they set her up with a 'heel turn' having joined The Vultures, but I have a feeling that they will explain it in a way that makes sense and isn't necessary villainous. Her selfish choice at the FEMA camp led to the deaths of so many people, and I think in this case she tried to learn from her mistake and tried to save the people at the stadium by trying to save everyone by essentially taking the stadium away so everyone wouldn't die trying to save it, some such reasoning. It's the kind of thing they'd better explain just right because she shouldn't be booked like a villain, but someone who had nothing but good intentions. I suppose there could be something worse that happened since Alicia tried to shoot her, hitting John Dorie instead. This is the kind of cliffhanger that works well because it builds to a satisfying ending for the episode and that ending and the choices made led to an immediate consequence. I don't think John will die, but he could (which would suck because he's been such a great character) and I have a feeling this moment will have much bigger implications going forward. I did love the tension during that final scene though. Unlike with TWD where all the characters feel safe, Fear has shown they aren't scared to kill off major characters so it really helps moments like this have that 'what is going to happen' feeling TWD is missing right now.

Also the zombie stuff at the FEMA camp was so well done. I'm glad that Fear has found this line between the survivors being really good at killing zombies (as they'd naturally be after a few years), but also making them feel like a threat.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This might be the best thing for the show. This season of Fear the Walking Dead has proven that you can bring in new blood to bring new energy to a show.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am in the other camp on this.... I think this is the beginning of the end. Rick IS the Walking Dead. Him leaving isn’t good and only appearing in 6 of 16 episodes?? Hmmmm

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am in the other camp on this.... I think this is the beginning of the end. Rick IS the Walking Dead. Him leaving isn’t good and only appearing in 6 of 16 episodes?? Hmmmm

I can certainly see that side of things as well.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this show still running? lol lol I think they killed it for me somewhere in the middle of the whole "Negan" arc. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lauren Cohen is basically gone too since her other show was picked up. I think she's only contracted to do six episodes this season. They might just feature her less in hopes her other show doesn't get a second season and bring her back full-time.

With the time jump, and Rick being written off at some point near the end of the season, no reason we can't have Daryl take in Little Asskicker and they can be the new Rick and Carl of the show. The most messed up part though is if they have to kill off both Rick and Maggie, that the show is full of Orphans..the baby whose dad Rick killed, plus Glenn's and Maggie's kid Hershel, and then Judith. That's kind of depressing lol

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still haven't watched TWD since Glenn took a dive under the dumpster.....but...I have stayed with FTWD. Not sure I'll stay once Nick is done with in the flashbacks. He was absolutely the only character I like/liked.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Still haven't watched TWD since Glenn took a dive under the dumpster.....but...I have stayed with FTWD. Not sure I'll stay once Nick is done with in the flashbacks. He was absolutely the only character I like/liked.
    The new characters on Fear are fantastic. Especially Dillahunt's character.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was sad there was no Fear on last weekend because of Memorial Day. That means the Mid-Season finale will be on the same night as Money in the Bank...why do the big Walking Dead nights always have to be on the same nights at my wrassling PPVs? I was just lucky this year that the Season finale wasn't the same night as Wrestlemania in the first time in forever...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear killed it again. Just a great episode yet again. The past/present stuff is finally in the same location. I loved how we see the zombies get to the walls in the past, and it cuts to the future and they're inside and all burnt. It was just a fantastic image. It reminded me a lot of how the penultimate episode of TWD S2 showed Shane die and all The Walkers out in the dark, and then we got an episode that was almost pure zombie action...I think we'll get that again here.

I've read some complaints about the mid-season formula. "They're leaving the big stuff for the finale again! Bad structure!" Except for the fact going into the finale we've already had a major original character die, and we've seen both villains die, and the vultures mostly defeated (not sure how many got away from the beginning). So outside of Madison dying (which I don't think will happen...they want people to think she's dead, but she's not). We'll probably see a lot of people from the stadium die during the episode, including Strand's buddy. Might even get Luciana or one of the new characters to die. But it's going to be an episode full of zombie action that both wraps up the past and present plotlines in a logical, and cohesive way that was really well built up to. I'm not sure people can complain about this. It's certainly not as bad as TWD has so strongly bookended their 8 episode blocks to the point I enjoy the filler in between more than the finales and premieres.

As it stands now I'm giving this 8 episode block of Fear a 9/10. The few faults it has has been greatly outweighed by it's quality, and if the finale is as good as I expect it to be (I'm expecting TWD Season 2 Finale/Season 4 Mid-Season Finale good.) then it's a 10/10. The best this franchise has been since Season 4 of TWD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 151 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 ... LastLast