Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Mutants View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I love your user name, Mark- and welcome to the site!
    Thank you for all your welcomes John, Patrick and Killjoy72. I really love the Proofs thread. God I wish I found this site sooner. I only have a few friends that understand what collecting means to me, and when I told some of them I found a Support Group, they looked at me like I was meeting up on a Sunday evening at a Community Center under a church, to tell a group of like minded individuals "Hi, my name is Mark and I have a collection addiction."

I am going to continue to search the thread and locate some items that I have and see if they are being talked about.

Talk to you soon.
    Mark

Hey, that's where I meet!!! They usually have donuts and book marks!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

John F. Kennedy Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Hi Merlin1958,

Are you the Bill that I just read was in hospital and in a coma? Wow, great to see you here. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Book Marks!!! Could there be a sweeter combination of words? I think not.

Mark

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Hi Merlin1958,

Are you the Bill that I just read was in hospital and in a coma? Wow, great to see you here. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Book Marks!!! Could there be a sweeter combination of words? I think not.

Mark
    Yep, that would be me. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your welcomes John, Patrick and Killjoy72. I really love the Proofs thread. God I wish I found this site sooner. I only have a few friends that understand what collecting means to me, and when I told some of them I found a Support Group, they looked at me like I was meeting up on a Sunday evening at a Community Center under a church, to tell a group of like minded individuals "Hi, my name is Mark and I have a collection addiction."

I am going to continue to search the thread and locate some items that I have and see if they are being talked about.

Talk to you soon.
    Mark
    Welcome home, Mark. We've been expecting you.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"Support Group" - I LOVE that so describes what we have here....

"Hi my name is Simon and I collect Stephen King Books. It's been 23 minutes since I last purchased a book...."
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

John F. Kennedy Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Talk to you soon.
    Mark
    Welcome home, Mark. We've been expecting you.
    Thank you Carlos. I was Lost, but now am found. Please, no Plants!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    "Support Group" - I LOVE that so describes what we have here....

"Hi my name is Simon and I collect Stephen King Books. It's been 23 minutes since I last purchased a book...."
    "Bless me Simon, for I have sinned. It has been one week since my last confession. In that time, I have sold 2 embargoed UK proofs before publication, and Tweeted the last page."

Mark 11:22-63

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello all,

Just discovered this site when I was searching for people who collect Stephen King proofs. I have been doing so quietly for many years now and I really love it. Glad to see there are many here that feel the same.

Mark
    "You've Been Here Before" - Mark, you are a most welcome addition to this site. I am looking forward to learning more about your collection and possibly prying a few of your gems away if possible. I'll be in touch. Gerald

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Mark, don't forget to check out my Collection thread: (I specialize in SK proofs!):

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-jhanic-proofs

I currently have 128 US proofs, 47 UK proofs and numerous proofs of anthologies with SK items in them, books about SK, dust jacket proofs, F&Gs, manuscripts, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.

John
    Hi John,

I checked out your collection thread. You have a lot of beautiful proofs. Have you been collecting long? Congratulations. You had asked me to check your list for completeness and for the most part, everything I can think of seems to be there. The first thing I noticed was 2 items:

1. Danse Macabre is listed twice (one with white cover and one blank). Is that a typo as I wasn't aware there were 2 versions done. I know the white cover has GBP 9.95, but is the other copy the corrected GBP 8.95?

2. You list the Green Mile UK proofs only #2. Was that meant to include all the installments, or does #2 mean something else?

Cheers.
    Mark

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Mark, don't forget to check out my Collection thread: (I specialize in SK proofs!):

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-jhanic-proofs

I currently have 128 US proofs, 47 UK proofs and numerous proofs of anthologies with SK items in them, books about SK, dust jacket proofs, F&Gs, manuscripts, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.

John
    Hi John,

I checked out your collection thread. You have a lot of beautiful proofs. Have you been collecting long? Congratulations. You had asked me to check your list for completeness and for the most part, everything I can think of seems to be there. The first thing I noticed was 2 items:

1. Danse Macabre is listed twice (one with white cover and one blank). Is that a typo as I wasn't aware there were 2 versions done. I know the white cover has GBP 9.95, but is the other copy the corrected GBP 8.95?

2. You list the Green Mile UK proofs only #2. Was that meant to include all the installments, or does #2 mean something else?

Cheers.
    Mark
    Thanks, Mark. I have been collecting for quite a while.

Yes, there may be two separate proofs of Danse Macabre. Unfortunately, I don't own either (so far!) so I don't have any details.

The UK proof of The Green Mile #2 is the only one that seems to have been produced. Just book #2. See my collections thread, post #3. It was part of a promotional package (that I don't own).

John

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I guess this would be an Old-Timers Inquiry....

I was doing some thinking last night of folks I used to know in the King collecting world back 10-15 years ago and one came across my mind that I've since lost touch with but would love to know how she's doing. I can't for the life of me remember her name, but I THINK it was Tara and she lived in Victoria, B.C., was widowed and had two young twins (probably adults by now), and she had a VERY impressive collection. I visited her when I traveled to Victoria about 10 years ago on a high school band trip. At the time she was trying to sell off some of her items, she may not even be collecting anymore. Does this ring a bell for anyone??
    ~Jonathan

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tina?

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Tina?
    Yes, Tina sounds more right. Do you remember her?
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice chaos-consultants will become famous soon enough chaos-consultants's Avatar

Hey Jonathan

You are thinking of Tina Hospers. I haven't seen her in about 8 years now. Want to buy a Skemers shirt?

John
    Stephen King Wantlist: Ubris, Dt2 #768; SDreams1 #543 - Thankee-Sai

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-consultants View Post
    Hey Jonathan

You are thinking of Tina Hospers. I haven't seen her in about 8 years now. Want to buy a Skemers shirt?

John
    Hey old buddy! Thanks for the name, yep thats her! Haha...no, I don't want a Skemers shirt, but thanks for asking!
    ~Jonathan

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Oh man. I wanted a Skemers shirt sooo bad when I was in high school. I was insanely jealous of their Maine meetup in 2004, which I missed by about a week on my own Bangor vacation.

Traveler Tina will become famous soon enough

Default Relocated, Remarried, Renewed and Relaxed!!!

Well HI THERE, Jonathon!!! Long time - and to those whom I've met in the past - GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS!! Thanks for thinking of me! My daughter (now 19, Jonathon!!) googled me (had to be REALLY BORED) and came up with this inquiry and she forwarded it to me. I am happy, well, and recently (just over 1 year now) remarried and have moved from Canada back to the state of my birth, California!!! Yes, I did sell a good deal of my collection, but the remainder of it did travel with me to the U.S. where I will be selling the remainder of the collection when I have some time to breathe! I still have the (more now) complete DT Signed LTD set (#40 to date with the exception of Gunslinger as I had the lettered copies of that), that you probably saw when you visited. I still have so many boxes of books that my husband nearly killed me for moving everything down. I figured it would be easier to sell down here and not deal with passing on higher costs of international shipping to my buyers. So, I'm not exactly sure how this forum works, what people are looking for, but I still maintain my love of everything King, though not actively collecting anymore. Any hints on telling people what I have for sale, or seeing if people are interested in anything? And, mostly, I'm interested in everyone that I lost touch with when I stopped actively selling - Jonathon, you were always one of my favorite people!!! Hopefully more will send me an email to say HELLO and I welcome inquiries and hints of how to post things that I have to sell!!! Most of all - greetings and Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Tina!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    Any hints on telling people what I have for sale, or seeing if people are interested in anything?
    Welcome back to the King World Tina. I bought some of your books when you were selling them.

There is a classifieds thread for selling King itmes. Just post your list there, with what you want for them. You might not be able to Private Message others or post pictures/links until you have 5 posts.

Alan

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing what you have for sale.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Oh man. I wanted a Skemers shirt sooo bad when I was in high school. I was insanely jealous of their Maine meetup in 2004, which I missed by about a week on my own Bangor vacation.
    That is something I forgot about. I met the Skemers group in July 2004 in Bangor. I wasn't in Skemers, but I was staying with Stu at the time and I was in the bookstore when they landed in. It got very crowded, very quickly. The store was narrow to begin with, but it became a sardines can. That night they all converged at Stu's house and we had a barbecue outside. It was great. One of the members even lent me her big yellow Hummer H2 to drive to the local supermarket for refreshments. That was my first time in one. Massive vehicle and a hoot to cruise in. Haven't heard or seen them since, but it was a great day.

Gerald

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    Well HI THERE, Jonathon!!! Long time - and to those whom I've met in the past - GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS!! Thanks for thinking of me! My daughter (now 19, Jonathon!!) googled me (had to be REALLY BORED) and came up with this inquiry and she forwarded it to me. I am happy, well, and recently (just over 1 year now) remarried and have moved from Canada back to the state of my birth, California!!! Yes, I did sell a good deal of my collection, but the remainder of it did travel with me to the U.S. where I will be selling the remainder of the collection when I have some time to breathe! I still have the (more now) complete DT Signed LTD set (#40 to date with the exception of Gunslinger as I had the lettered copies of that), that you probably saw when you visited. I still have so many boxes of books that my husband nearly killed me for moving everything down. I figured it would be easier to sell down here and not deal with passing on higher costs of international shipping to my buyers. So, I'm not exactly sure how this forum works, what people are looking for, but I still maintain my love of everything King, though not actively collecting anymore. Any hints on telling people what I have for sale, or seeing if people are interested in anything? And, mostly, I'm interested in everyone that I lost touch with when I stopped actively selling - Jonathon, you were always one of my favorite people!!! Hopefully more will send me an email to say HELLO and I welcome inquiries and hints of how to post things that I have to sell!!! Most of all - greetings and Happy Holidays to everyone!!
    Hello Tina,

I am happy to hear from you again. I contacted you several times in early 2000s from Ireland, but I am not sure if I purchased anything though. I was interested in your Lettered "AB" copy of "The Gunslinger", but for some reason the eBay auction ended early. I am not sure if you sold it at the time. I hope you are doing well and please do continue to post.

Gerald

Wow - TINA!!!!! So nice to hear from you! Lots of changes in our lives since we met over 10 years ago now. I was in high school at that point....so yeah, I'm not 18 anymore! haha

Gerald - I was one of those SKEMERs that was at that BBQ at Stu's house. I could only imagine your surprise at all those King fans showing up like that! Wish I would have known you then, would have loved to have talked your ear off about collecting.
    ~Jonathan

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Wow - TINA!!!!! So nice to hear from you! Lots of changes in our lives since we met over 10 years ago now. I was in high school at that point....so yeah, I'm not 18 anymore! haha

Gerald - I was one of those SKEMERs that was at that BBQ at Stu's house. I could only imagine your surprise at all those King fans showing up like that! Wish I would have known you then, would have loved to have talked your ear off about collecting.
    Jonathan, it would have been really nice to know you then as it was my first time meeting the group and some of them were 'out there' in a good way. Very devoted fans. One girl, had a full scale tattoo of the Dark Tower on her back and arm I believe. It was very large and was the result of several trips to the parlor. She was going to get more roses done after I saw her. I only wish I knew where you all went to as I had a lot of fun talking to some of you. I don't think I spoke to you as I would have remembered.

Good to see you again.
    Gerald

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Tina!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast